PDA

View Full Version : Easter Road too good for the opposition

maturehibby
07-01-2012, 08:43 PM
After going to Central park and seeing the state of the ground and the lack of seating / facilities and being open to all the elements I have come to the conclusion that our ground is just too good and we lose the advantage of playing at home as it is a fabulous stadium with a great playing surface which keeps out the wind and then allows the opposition to play on it .
I defy any premier league team to have gone to Central park today and played silky passing football in the conditions that our players had to contend with .
It is a lot easier for the Cowdenbeath's of this world and the Ayr United.s to get shock results against the top boys who play in a vastly superior stadia as they play in this enviroment week in and week out and adjust to the poorer playing surfaces (the ball bobbled all over the place ) throughout the game today mainly to the detriment of our players and the gale force wind that blew down the centre of the park also assisted them as it picked up considerably half way through the first half.
Dont think as said that any of the top tier teams would have done better than us today so in the circumstances was pleased to come out of that hell hole with a victory .
And one last comment who likes to stand after being in the open today in the cold when you could be seated out of the elements and able to enjoy the football .
Only people who stood out in the elements at Central park can comment on this paragraph

H113EE5
07-01-2012, 09:06 PM
One bonus compared to ER.... a coke, a pie and a cup of lentil soup..... £4 :aok:

Famous Fiver
07-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Found Cowdenbeath.
Found Chapel Street Entrance as instructed on ticket.
Got in. I had a ticket for the Old Stand.
Old Stand was on the other side of the ground.
Headed towards it. Intercepted by a Steward who said ' You can't come along here - this end is closed'
How do we get into the Old Stand?
'Not my problem, you're no coming round here!!'

For anyone who was in the Old Stand. How did you get into it?

givescotlandfreedom
07-01-2012, 10:51 PM
After going to Central park and seeing the state of the ground and the lack of seating / facilities and being open to all the elements I have come to the conclusion that our ground is just too good and we lose the advantage of playing at home as it is a fabulous stadium with a great playing surface which keeps out the wind and then allows the opposition to play on it .
I defy any premier league team to have gone to Central park today and played silky passing football in the conditions that our players had to contend with .
It is a lot easier for the Cowdenbeath's of this world and the Ayr United.s to get shock results against the top boys who play in a vastly superior stadia as they play in this enviroment week in and week out and adjust to the poorer playing surfaces (the ball bobbled all over the place ) throughout the game today mainly to the detriment of our players and the gale force wind that blew down the centre of the park also assisted them as it picked up considerably half way through the first half.
Dont think as said that any of the top tier teams would have done better than us today so in the circumstances was pleased to come out of that hell hole with a victory .
And one last comment who likes to stand after being in the open today in the cold when you could be seated out of the elements and able to enjoy the football .
Only people who stood out in the elements at Central park can comment on this paragraph

:top marks There's no doubt that stadium takes a bit of getting used to - bombsite. Well done to the players for adapting to it.

Sir David Gray
07-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Central Park really must be one of the worst grounds in the country.

I really feel for the Cowdenbeath fans who have to put up with that every other week.

Stadia like that really ought to have been outlawed about 30 years ago.

They would actually be better just playing on a basic public park because the "facilities" on offer are horrific.

Liberal Hibby
07-01-2012, 11:35 PM

I really feel for the Cowdenbeath fans who have to put up with that every other week.

I suspect that they all fit in the stand.

Cabbage East
07-01-2012, 11:44 PM

They would actually be better just playing on a basic public park because the "facilities" on offer are horrific.

Get a grip. Grounds like that are part of football. Meccano soulless bowls of silence offend me more.

Sir David Gray
07-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Get a grip. Grounds like that are part of football. Meccano soulless bowls of silence offend me more.

Might be for you but not for me.

That place is a dump and completely unacceptable in the 21st century.

Give me a modern "meccano soulless bowl of silence" every time over that place.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Within the second division, the best grounds are at Airdrie and at Stirling Albion and I think that both of those teams would swap their squads with Cowdenbeath.

Shaggy
08-01-2012, 12:22 PM
the stock car track has always subsidised the football club, the only surface upgrades will be tarmac !

Pretty Boy
08-01-2012, 12:29 PM

Each to their own but I loved it yesterday.

Not.somewhere I'd wish to watch my football every week but for a one off it was a good day out.

I enjoyed it as a bit of an experience, standing on an old terrace etc etc. Only complaint would be the stupid tv tower at the front of he terrace that blocked the view pretty much regardless of where you stood.

heretoday
08-01-2012, 12:49 PM
It's the same for both teams, whether at ER or Central Park.

Should we make ER a difficult surface to play on? Hibs seem to have difficulty playing on an even surface let alone a bad one!

Lofarl
08-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Might be for you but not for me.

That place is a dump and completely unacceptable in the 21st century.

Give me a modern "meccano soulless bowl of silence" every time over that place.

If you want a meccano soulless bowl of silence go to Old Trafford. I'd rather watch a game of football in a proper old school ground.

Jack
08-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Maybe there's a decent reason for community stadia around the country ;-)

Sir David Gray
08-01-2012, 01:00 PM
If you want a meccano soulless bowl of silence go to Old Trafford. I'd rather watch a game of football in a proper old school ground.

Since I am in a wheelchair, that ground (I refuse to call it a stadium) is totally inadequate.

I feel so sorry for any disabled people who support a team in the lower leagues. It must be murder.

It's ok calling it "old school" or whatever but I can't believe people in general, never mind people with additional needs, would rather go to Central Park to watch a football match, over a stadium like Easter Road or Ibrox.

The_Todd
08-01-2012, 01:03 PM
ER is "too good"? Should we try and sign Tynie's main stand and Fir Park's pitch during the transfer window then?

hibstag
08-01-2012, 01:46 PM

In 1994 IIRC I went down to central park with Ross County (to their first ever league match).It was a culture shock for the county boys after the neat and tidy Highland league grounds. Also did central park not double for postwar germany in the hibs film about the game against essien ?

whiskyhibby
08-01-2012, 01:48 PM
ER is "too good"? Should we try and sign Tynie's main stand and Fir Park's pitch during the transfer window then?

:tee hee:

:tee hee:

green marine
08-01-2012, 03:13 PM

The place is a keek hole but i took my 5 year old and he loved every minute of standing up at the fence and watching a Hibs win.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Since I am in a wheelchair, that ground (I refuse to call it a stadium) is totally inadequate.

I feel so sorry for any disabled people who support a team in the lower leagues. It must be murder.

It's ok calling it "old school" or whatever but I can't believe people in general, never mind people with additional needs, would rather go to Central Park to watch a football match, over a stadium like Easter Road or Ibrox.

People in general entertain a visit to Ibrox?
How strange.

linlithgowhibbie
08-01-2012, 05:41 PM
We had the same from a female senior steward. She eventually got ignored as we walked past her. She then just pretended to get a message on her radio and shouted after us "let them through"
:pfgwa[

QUOTE=Famous Fiver;3066294]Found Cowdenbeath.
Headed towards it. Intercepted by a Steward who said ' You can't come along here - this end is closed'

For anyone who was in the Old Stand. How did you get into it?[/QUOTE]

givescotlandfreedom
08-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Also did central park not double for postwar germany in the hibs film about the game against essen ?

It did indeed.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Found Cowdenbeath.

For anyone who was in the Old Stand. How did you get into it?

See the other thread.
The request was to walk right around the ground to the opposite corner.
Stewards and polis were told to **** off and the temporary fencing was moved aside, meaning a brisk walk through the inhabitants of Royston Vasey.
Same in reverse on the way out........

Jones28
08-01-2012, 06:31 PM

Whoosh!

Read the OP, he's saying that our facilities are too good for the opposition teams :big grin:

Implying that teams do better because they are unused to said facilities and so find it a luxury

.Sean.
08-01-2012, 06:37 PM
It did indeed.

What film's this mate?

givescotlandfreedom
08-01-2012, 07:29 PM
What film's this mate?

In 2005 Hibs released a DVD reenactment of the drubbing of Rot Weiss Essen as part of the celebrations of it being 50 years since the first European campaign.

Sir David Gray
08-01-2012, 09:54 PM
People in general entertain a visit to Ibrox?
How strange.

I'd rather go to Ibrox than Central Park every day of the week.

jdships
09-01-2012, 09:17 AM

All 292 ( average attendance) of them :greengrin

Keith_M
09-01-2012, 09:29 AM

Despite not being at the game, I've decided to comment, sorry.

Name me one person that has suggested we return to open terracing... or ash banking or sh*t catering, or sh*tier toilets.

If it's raining and your standing under a roof, do you get any more wet than someone seated under a roof??? :confused: