PDA

View Full Version : Am I Hearing Things....?

Sylar
07-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Watching the Bristol Rovers vs Aston Villa game and Emile Heskey is being met with a barrage of "boo's" and abuse anytime he goes near the ball.

I could have swore I just heard a series of quite audible monkey noises from the crowd there too, but wasn't sure if it was perhaps just a delay between different sections of the ground booing him.

Any reason he would be quite so hated by the Rovers fans?

Hiber-nation
07-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Watching the Bristol Rovers vs Aston Villa game and Emile Heskey is being met with a barrage of "boo's" and abuse anytime he goes near the ball.

I could have swore I just heard a series of quite audible monkey noises from the crowd there too, but wasn't sure if it was perhaps just a delay between different sections of the ground booing him.

Any reason he would be quite so hated by the Rovers fans?

Its normal down south for him to get booed. Its basically cos he's been gash for England so many times as far as I can gather. Nothing sinister.

Part/Time Supporter
07-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Its normal down south for him to get booed. Its basically cos he's been gash for England so many times as far as I can gather. Nothing sinister.

:agree:

It's unfair to the extent that a) he didn't pick himself and b) it says more about the general (overrated) state of English football that he got as many caps (and was picked until quite recently).