PDA

View Full Version : Doyle

Andy74
07-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Think we have found a decent one here. Good touch and movement and took his rebound well. hope he can keep it up against SPL teams but looks like he will get goals.

Billie Jo
07-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Think we have found a decent one here. Good touch and movement and took his rebound well. hope he can keep it up against SPL teams but looks like he will get goals.

Hope so :pray:

col02
07-01-2012, 05:06 PM
He linked up well with Griffiths at times too. I would like to seem them both start again against Dunfermline even if O'Connor is fit to play.

SteveHFC
07-01-2012, 05:46 PM
He done well today. :agree:

Pretty Boy
07-01-2012, 05:46 PM
He looks a player.

Was a bit off the pace at times today but got a goal and was a nuisance so job done IMO.

hibee92
07-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Played well today, better judging him against spl clubs though as you've said

lucky
07-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Early days but good movement and not feared to take a man on or shoot. Could be a decent player given time

Baldy Foghorn
07-01-2012, 05:51 PM

He impressed me with his movement, took goal well....

Albion Hibs
07-01-2012, 05:57 PM
I would agree with the OP for his first start, on a pash pitch with a howling gail from the first minute to the last he did really well. Again he is not a playing that is going to beat a 6'4 CH in the air but into his chest and feet he controlled well, and whilst his touch to the midfield was a bit short I put that down to being a bit rusty.

The thing I took most confidence from was in Griffiths and Doyle we had two strikers that were actually willing to drop into the channel to pick up the ball / run it. We have not had that since stokes left. Fingers crossed this window we can get ourselves a midfielder that can find a pass to help these two stick a few in the back of the net.

Broken Gnome
07-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Every effort on target and looks like he has a brain in his head. A rarity.

The Voice Of Reason
07-01-2012, 06:11 PM
I would agree with the OP for his first start, on a pash pitch with a howling gail from the first minute to the last he did really well. Again he is not a playing that is going to beat a 6'4 CH in the air but into his chest and feet he controlled well, and whilst his touch to the midfield was a bit short I put that down to being a bit rusty.

The thing I took most confidence from was in Griffiths and Doyle we had two strikers that were actually willing to drop into the channel to pick up the ball / run it. We have not had that since stokes left. Fingers crossed this window we can get ourselves a midfielder that can find a pass to help these two stick a few in the back of the net.

Strongly agree with the bit in bold. :agree:

IWasThere2016
07-01-2012, 07:34 PM

Yup - was our best player, and best on the park IMHO.

Postman
07-01-2012, 07:48 PM

Very good to hear

Shame he wasn't given longer than 5 minutes in the derby to show us what he can do!

fife hfc
07-01-2012, 07:48 PM

:agree: A mjor plus point today as he looks like the type of forward we have not had for a while and even though it was Cowdenbeath the signs look promising. Lets hope we are all as positive about all of fenlons signings.

SMAXXA
07-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Im not long in from my own game and just logged on and I have to say asa much as the OP's positive comments and the first few agreeing I was really waiting for a negative post....he didnt do this, he done that, against ***** etc.....................but I was so pleased to see I didnt read that, is this a turning point for us .netters and is the future positive again?

Lets hope so, and thanks for the guys there giving their view on him, roll on Pishsceene who will no doubt cast another bleek view on how we scrapped through.

JustSimplyHibs
07-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Very good to hear

Shame he wasn't given longer than 5 minutes in the derby to show us what he can do!

a ken what your saying but a decent football team isnae complete in 5 mins :thumbsup:

Brooster
07-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Spoke to a cowdenbeath player tonight who thought doyle was the best hibs player by a mile. He also thought ohanlon was the worst.

IWasThere2016
07-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Spoke to a cowdenbeath player tonight who thought doyle was the best hibs player by a mile

He was .. He reminded me of Keith Keith Keith eg intelligent, with good technique.

Bayern Bru
07-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Spoke to a cowdenbeath player tonight who thought doyle was the best hibs player by a mile. He also thought ohanlon was the worst.

Him and everyone else in the ground. O'Hanlon was murder today.

IWasThere2016
07-01-2012, 09:19 PM

Crab apple
07-01-2012, 09:39 PM
He was .. He reminded me of Keith Keith Keith eg intelligent, with good technique.

Said exactly the same to my son. Thought he ran the channels well and was very positive. He had a quieter second half and I thought Sodje could have come on sooner than he did. Based on today's performance if PF can find more like him then things should improve.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-01-2012, 09:41 PM

Good :agree:

essexhibee
07-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Looked lively in the highlights. Lovely dummy to set up griffiths chance.

Id start him with sparky over gazza v dunfy.

The Harp Awakes
07-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Said exactly the same to my son. Thought he ran the channels well and was very positive. He had a quieter second half and I thought Sodje could have come on sooner than he did. Based on today's performance if PF can find more like him then things should improve.

Great to hear. Fenlon is no mug and I think he can turn us around.

lyonhibs
07-01-2012, 11:24 PM
His beak is something crazy though. Must have taken some amount of stick for that when he was younger :greengrin

matty_f
07-01-2012, 11:27 PM
He came from the League of Ireland though... so...how can he be any good?:confused:

Glad Fenlon's a better judge of a player than some of us, eh?:greengrin

Really encouraging to read the reports on Doyle. Watched the BBC highlights and I thought his movement and awareness were very good. Nice tidy finish for his goal as well.:top marks

basehibby
08-01-2012, 01:36 AM
Only saw the highlights but Doyle looked great - everything he did exuded a touch of flair and he showed great awareness of his teammates - against lower league opposition I know but he already looks a real capture to me :thumbsup:

ALF TUPPER
08-01-2012, 06:42 AM

My thoughts too. Very like big Keith.

Wonder if PF is cloning any other past 'greats' to bring in ?
A Stanton, Blackley, Black, Cropley or an O'Rourke would be good .... maybes an Archibald, Durie & Cowan ( not Tam ! ) .

Niffy
08-01-2012, 06:50 AM

... and ginger.

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-01-2012, 07:04 AM
I know it's early days but he looks to be the ideal striker that we've been crying out for - with intelligence, composure, vision and is unselfish.

HH81
08-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Just watched the highlights, looks like he did very well.

Good goal and took it well.

Looks like all his chances he made the keep work.

NorthNorfolkHFC
08-01-2012, 09:02 AM
He can pass/shoot then move. It's amazing how easy football can be............

Hibernia Na Eir
08-01-2012, 09:10 AM

A Stanton, Blackley, Black, Cropley or an O'Rourke would be good .... maybes an Archibald, Durie & Cowan ( not Tam ! ) .

no, cause Tam Cowan is a fart.

R'Albin
08-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Just watched the highlights, looks good so far :agree: I noticed that he always follows up on a shot, even Griffiths goal you see him running in on the keeper. Think he could be quite a good goalscorer for us.

Iain G
08-01-2012, 09:27 AM

We have a Stanton and had a Cropley IIRC :wink:

GreenCastle
08-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Looks the part and I like his movement :agree:

Very similar to Keith Keith Keith - :greengrin

Sure he will keep improving with games and great to score in his 1st start.

If only we can sort our defense out now! :agree:

Seveno
08-01-2012, 01:45 PM
He looked good to me. Clearly an intelligent player and seems a natural goal scorer.

Cant wait to see him against better opposition but it's good to feel optimistic again.

The Harp
08-01-2012, 02:46 PM
I know it's early days but I think we have a good one here. A real potential fans' favourite of the future.

HibsNutter
08-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Looked very good yesterday, efficient with his shots as they were all on target so he knows how to test the 'keeper. Also, a goal on his first start will do wonders for his confidence.

thebakerboy
08-01-2012, 02:59 PM
It is great to see a positive thread about a Hibs player lets hope it stays this way and PF can find a few more and make this a happier place.

Baader
08-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Looks like he'll be good judging by his movement.

Now to find a couple of defenders and midfielders of similar ilk!