PDA

View Full Version : Adam Rooney - would you take him on loan?

HH81
07-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Just watching a bit of Birmingham v Wolves and seen he is playing today.

Upon checking the Birmingham website he has only started 4 league games this season, think he would make a good loan signing?
I do :agree:

allezsauzee
07-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Aye..... if he can play centre half

Ozyhibby
07-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Is he being offered on loan? If not it's a bit like asking if we would take Messi on loan.

HH81
07-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Is he being offered on loan? If not it's a bit like asking if we would take Messi on loan.

If you don't ask you don't get. I would say we have more chance of getting Rooney than Messi though personally.

Liberal Hibby
07-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Straying slightly off topic - listened to most of the game on R5 and was surprised by the number of Scots/ex SPL players fielded by both teams - de Vries, Murphy, Rooney, Caldwell, Jonsson, Berra, Fletcher and Gomis. Shows that our game might not be as poor as some folk reckon..

Captain Trips
07-01-2012, 02:41 PM
We have enough loans time to start signing players on a permanent basis.

Beefster
07-01-2012, 02:47 PM
If Hibs wanted Rooney, they should have pulled out all the stops to get him when they had the chance.

R'Albin
07-01-2012, 02:50 PM
We have enough loans time to start signing players on a permanent basis.

I think loans are quite helpful to us at the moment. There isn't as much on offer to us in January and our main goal imo by the end of the season is to still be in the SPL. Plus, we only have 2 at the moment and Towell isn't getting much game time so it could be 1 soon.

Captain Trips
07-01-2012, 02:55 PM
I think loans are quite helpful to us at the moment. There isn't as much on offer to us in January and our main goal imo by the end of the season is to still be in the SPL. Plus, we only have 2 at the moment and Towell isn't getting much game time so it could be 1 soon.

Short term deals and loans all together means we only have Doyle upfront beyond this season, I think we have enough folk leaving at end without adding to it.

R'Albin
07-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Short term deals and loans all together means we only have Doyle upfront beyond this season, I think we have enough folk leaving at end without adding to it.

Yeah we could do with signing a couple of players full time in Jan, but I wouldn't complain if we took in a few loans in Jan.

hibee92
07-01-2012, 06:49 PM
If Hibs wanted Rooney, they should have pulled out all the stops to get him when they had the chance.

Bang on.

silverhibee
07-01-2012, 06:56 PM

:agree:

Albion Hibs
07-01-2012, 07:00 PM
He is on the bench pretty much every week is he not? In which case I think the club would look a bit silly asking. If that was the case maybe we should ask if Arsenal would consider giving us Arshaven for the rest of the reason, and Man City letting us have Milner to boast the midfield.

marleyhib
07-01-2012, 09:30 PM
I think a few decent loans make sense for Hibs at the moment, splash a few bob on recognised talent that can keep us up.

Can't see us signing anyone decent on a contract in January.

Rooney would do.