PDA

View Full Version : Sporting Life Tipster - Tipping Cowdenbeath to beat us !

The Voice Of Reason
06-01-2012, 10:00 PM
As it says on the tin :-

http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=betting/12/01/05/manual_123658.html&BID=67

He says - "Scanning through the fixture list for this weekend's matches in the fourth round of the Scottish Cup, one immediately jumps out at you from a betting point of view - Cowdenbeath v Hibernian. Cowdenbeath, nicknamed the Blue Brazils, are flying in the Second Division and currently top the table by six points. More importantly, they've yet to lose a match at home.

For Hibs, things just go from bad to worse. They've been so poor in recent times that their rivals Hearts - a club that is unable to pay its players on time and is about to lose many of its prized assets over the course of the month - now have the Edinburgh bragging rights following another derby success at Easter Road on Monday.Hibs have won just one of their last 13 games and are yet to win under new boss Pat Fenlon. It seems an obvious place to go looking for a giantkilling - and Hibs have previous in that department. They were knocked out of this competition after a replay by Ayr last season and suffered the same fate against Ross County in 2010.

Of course they famously - or infamously depending on your viewpoint - haven't won the Scottish Cup since 1902. Everything is in place for a cup upset, but often these can be the ones that let you down. Many will be expecting rather than hoping for Cowdenbeath to at least compete with Hibs and that could be a downfall. But at 15/4 the home side, managed by former Hearts star Colin Cameron, are worth siding with".

:worried::worried::worried::worried::worried:

monktonharp
06-01-2012, 10:14 PM
this much fancied tipster, from a betting man's point of view will come a cropper tommorow, Hibs' fan power on the day will drive them on to win, and Petrie will sit smugly in the director's lounge sneering at that big hun advocate in charge at 'beath well.:flag:

Hermit Crab
07-01-2012, 08:32 AM
this much fancied tipster, from a betting man's point of view will come a cropper tommorow, Hibs' fan power on the day will drive them on to win, and Petrie will sit smugly in the director's lounge sneering at that big hun advocate in charge at 'beath well.:flag:

7/2 in ladbrokes, 100/30 on sky bet. Draw is 13/5 and Hibs are 8/11 for the win.

Phil D. Rolls
07-01-2012, 08:59 AM
7/2 in ladbrokes, 100/30 on sky bet. Draw is 13/5 and Hibs are 8/11 for the win.

Doesn't seem particularly generous odds. Have to say, this tie has the feel of another Hibs disaster. When you look at it, Cooden and us are both heading to D1 (It's only Dunfermline that'll stop us), we aren't that far apart at the moment really.

Bostonhibby
07-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Meanwhile hot news news elsewhere - Pope confirms remains devoutly catholic despite rumours to the contrary, whilst bears still prefer to sh*t in the woods.

I too think fan power will carry us through but its a bit of a play on the title tipster or expert to somehow turn the prospect of Hibs getting turned over here into something that he has uniquely foreseen. My daughter manages a well known bookies and theres a very big run on us getting beat. Frankly I'd want a less obvious "tip" than this one to come up before I went blowing my own trumpet - 3 posible outcomes and our form isn't exactly a secret.

Intae thum Hibs!

clerriehibs
07-01-2012, 09:13 AM
As it says on the tin :-

http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=betting/12/01/05/manual_123658.html&BID=67

For Hibs, things just go from bad to worse. They've been so poor in recent times that their rivals Hearts - a club that is unable to pay its players on time and is about to lose many of its prized assets over the course of the month - now have the Edinburgh bragging rights following another derby success at Easter Road on Monday.Hibs have won just one of their last 13 games and are yet to win under new boss Pat Fenlon. It seems an obvious place to go looking for a giantkilling - and Hibs have previous in that department. They were knocked out of this competition after a replay by Ayr last season and suffered the same fate against Ross County in 2010.

So poor have Hibs become, that we even get beat by rivals hearts ... hmmm, please note, top tipster Voice of Reason, that this team that doesn't pay its top players on time still PLAYS them, and it may be about to lose its prized assets this month, but they're still at the fekcin club! Where's the shock in losing to them??? FFS, I assume the twonk gets paid by the word, hence the loady***** he rambles.

And his tip comes with caveats - not one for sticking his neck out then. I assume he won't have his house on a blue brazil win.

H18sry
07-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Doesn't seem particularly generous odds. Have to say, this tie has the feel of another Hibs disaster. When you look at it, Cooden and us are both heading to D1 (It's only Dunfermline that'll stop us), we aren't that far apart at the moment really.

Just 2 division's no matter what way you dress it up/put us down :rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
07-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Just 2 division's no matter what way you dress it up/put us down :rolleyes:

I'm not putting Hibs down, I'm looking at it from a betting man's perspective.

Cropley10
07-01-2012, 12:14 PM
You can get 11/4 Cowdenbeath with the draw no bet.

Northernhibee
07-01-2012, 04:49 PM
girfuy sporting life!!!!!

Hibbyradge
07-01-2012, 04:56 PM
It certainly wasn't fan power that got us the win.

I've never heard so much criticism of our players.

greenlex
07-01-2012, 04:58 PM

You been to ER recently?:greengrin

Hibby Bairn
07-01-2012, 04:59 PM

:agree: Pointless.

The_Todd
07-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Dear Sporting Life:

http://www.ihasaflavor.com/lolcats/you-lose-mr-bond.jpg

The Voice Of Reason
07-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Dear Sporting Life:

http://www.ihasaflavor.com/lolcats/you-lose-mr-bond.jpg

:top marks

The Voice Of Reason
07-01-2012, 06:06 PM
So poor have Hibs become, that we even get beat by rivals hearts ... hmmm, please note, top tipster Voice of Reason, that this team that doesn't pay its top players on time still PLAYS them, and it may be about to lose its prized assets this month, but they're still at the fekcin club! Where's the shock in losing to them??? FFS, I assume the twonk gets paid by the word, hence the loady***** he rambles.

And his tip comes with caveats - not one for sticking his neck out then. I assume he won't have his house on a blue brazil win.

Are you on your period ?!?!? :aok:

I was only quoting what the clown from the Sporting Life was saying !

clerriehibs
07-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Are you on your period ?!?!? :aok:

I was only quoting what the clown from the Sporting Life was saying !

sorry - skim reading (tho' your username might make a good tipster's name!) - it's a bit like Hibs defending, unreliable

Famous Fiver
07-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Boston hibby

I take it your daughter drives a Merc!!!!!