PDA

View Full Version : Incumbent

SMAXXA
06-01-2012, 08:03 PM
This is very random but I was thinking the other day I dont think I had ever heared this word used or if I have very very occasionally, but since Rods statement re Hughes I think I have seen it being used on this site dozens of times over 2011. Gota be the word of 2011.

Random I know just sumit weird that I noticed, might just be me :greengrin

Jonnyboy
06-01-2012, 08:12 PM
This is very random but I was thinking the other day I dont think I had ever heared this word used or if I have very very occasionally, but since Rods statement re Hughes I think I have seen it being used on this site dozens of times over 2011. Gota be the word of 2011.

According to that well known sage Tam Cowan the present incumbent will get his jotters if we lose to Cowdenbeath. So, that incumbent would go and another incumbent would arrive for an as yet unspecified period of time at the end of which yet another incumbent would arrive :greengrin

SMAXXA
06-01-2012, 08:16 PM
According to that well known sage Tam Cowan the present incumbent will get his jotters if we lose to Cowdenbeath. So, that incumbent would go and another incumbent would arrive for an as yet unspecified period of time at the end of which yet another incumbent would arrive :greengrin

:rotflmao:
:thumbsup:
I hope I dont see another Hibs Incumbent for a long long time, infact NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR again :greengrin

BEEJ
06-01-2012, 10:31 PM

:agree: I've noticed that too.

Appears on average once or twice a day on this site.
:greengrin

Jonnyboy
06-01-2012, 10:32 PM
:agree: I've noticed that too.

Appears on average once or twice a day on this site.

Usually posted by current incumbents of dot net :greengrin

nortonhibby
06-01-2012, 11:10 PM

Tam Cowan is an INCUBENT and we wont lose:pfgwa

Future17
06-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Another hearts finances thread?

Dinkydoo
07-01-2012, 12:27 AM
I said that exact same thing on a thread about a month or so ago.

Cards on the table here, for an easy going guy, it irritates the **** out of me! :faf:

Same thing happens in work when someone latches onto a 'technical sounding' phrase that they only half know the meaning of.

Peevemor
07-01-2012, 12:43 AM
But surely it's incumbent on the current incumbents to discourage the incumbent use of the word? :dunno:

Dinkydoo
07-01-2012, 01:07 AM
But surely it's incumbent on the current incumbents to discourage the incumbent use of the word? :dunno:

Aahhhhh!

Where is that dizzy looking smilie at? :greengrin

lapsedhibee
07-01-2012, 11:17 AM
I always thought it meant a sort of bicycle that you go lying down, until Rod used it to refer to a slaver standing upright.

Forza Fred
07-01-2012, 11:40 AM
fitba folk ken what incumbent means :wink: