PDA

View Full Version : Yams Will It Start to Sink In Now?

Sylar
06-01-2012, 02:36 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16446048.stm

"Focussed on the club's survival, rather than league position".

bighairyfaeleith
06-01-2012, 02:40 PM

nope

The_Exile
06-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Thousands of them will turn up to a game one day and there won't be a club to support anymore, even then I'd still say it won't sink in.

There's an "I love Vladimir Romanov" thread over on sickbag, it's beyond belief the content of it, way way way beyond belief.

green glory
06-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Regardless of how much they reduce the wage bill it isn't going to solve the problem of the 36m debt owed by HoMFC to UBIG. It doesn't matter how many pies and programmes they sell between now and the end of the millenium, they'll never pay that off. Mad Vlad is clearly not going to walk away until he gets the 50m he's valued the club at or more likely the JCB's will be unleashed on the PBS and the land sold.

Judging by the fact Foulkes and co are finding it impossible to negotiate with him, he's doing his best to destroy anyone's prospects of keeping Hearts a going concern. If he doesn't get what he deems a fair price, then it's going to be a Lidl supermarket at *********** and jumpers for goalposts at Saughton Park. :cb

Does anyone have a login for Keekback so I can use to hae a spy?

:flag:

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Makes no difference what happens, they will come out of this smelling like roses as they always do, no fight, no backbone but the good old Edinburgh district council will be waiting in the wings with wads of cash to help...mark my words.

weonlywon6-2
06-01-2012, 04:25 PM

the problem will be when they start losing a lot of games

Hibby
06-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Hey, Have sent you a PM, Hibby

Jim44
06-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Makes no difference what happens, they will come out of this smelling like roses as they always do, no fight, no backbone but the good old Edinburgh district council will be waiting in the wings with wads of cash to help...mark my words.

You are absolutely correct. Furthermore there are several extremely rich people waiting in the wings to pick the club up when the time comes. I personally know of one multi millionaire who has been contacted to become involved in the rescue package and there definitely will be one. An awful lot of people on this board are going to be very disappointed when the collapse never comes. I think the players know about this and as such I think we'll find that they won't be losing as many important players as at first seemed likely.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-01-2012, 10:19 PM

Burn the heretic :grr:

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2012, 10:22 PM
You are absolutely correct. Furthermore there are several extremely rich people waiting in the wings to pick the club up when the time comes. I personally know of one multi millionaire who has been contacted to become involved in the rescue package and there definitely will be one. An awful lot of people on this board are going to be very disappointed when the collapse never comes. I think the players know about this and as such I think we'll find that they won't be losing as many important players as at first seemed likely.

They will have to be very rich, and willing to lose an awful lot of money. Cant see it myself?

Geo_1875
06-01-2012, 10:23 PM
I think they will need several multi-millionares to seize control of the club from Mr Romanov. They might also get an easy ride from CEC with regard to planning permission for their new home, if it's to be sited in Edinburgh, they will not receive any handouts. I think they are in for a few nasty surprises before it's all played out.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-01-2012, 10:26 PM

I think the majority of us are pragmatic enough to accept there will be a Hertz in one form or another.

We'd just like to see them weakened enough to swallow the bitter pill of their impropriety :nerd:

Jim44
06-01-2012, 10:38 PM
They will have to be very rich, and willing to lose an awful lot of money. Cant see it myself?

I think they will need several multi-millionares to seize control of the club from Mr Romanov. They might also get an easy ride from CEC with regard to planning permission for their new home, if it's to be sited in Edinburgh, they will not receive any handouts. I think they are in for a few nasty surprises before it's all played out.

I think the majority of us are pragmatic enough to accept there will be a Hertz in one form or another.

We'd just like to see them weakened enough to swallow the bitter pill of their impropriety :nerd:

I don't think the rescue 'consortium' will be made up of the blind leading the blind. They will be shrewd businessmen who will probably take calculated risks and will choose the right moment to 'strike'. If what I believe will happen, does happen, the 'new' HOMFC will not be all that far removed from their present status. Don't get me wrong, I'm longing for a severe and embarrassing drop from grace like most of us but frankly don't see it ever coming.

johnrebus
06-01-2012, 11:05 PM

Several multi millionaires could have bought Glasgow Rangers, a club twenty times the size of Hearts, for a fraction of Vlads price.

It took years to find a buyer - and a dodgy one at that.

If there people out there Daft enough to throw their money away on Hearts, it would have happened seven years ago.

It just will not happen.

Mon_the_cabbage
06-01-2012, 11:06 PM

Sounds like waffle to me.

So you know that someone has contacted a multi millionaire. (desperate folk do that all the time).

Who told you a "multi millionaire had been contacted?

What was the multi millionaire's response?

Why the secrecy?

MrSmith
06-01-2012, 11:10 PM

Sorry Jim - just cannae see it! £50mil buy out and instant hit of £12mil to see the season through and, to top it ll off, either a new stadium or prop up an old decaying stadium at a further cost of between £10 - £35mil - aint gonna happen!

There is absolutely no one willing to pay near £100mil on a pile of smelly stuff! And, these millionaires ... would be better buying Hibs for a fraction of the cost and making money by financing us!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Sounds like waffle to me.

So you know that someone has contacted a multi millionaire. (desperate folk do that all the time).

Who told you a "multi millionaire had been contacted?

What was the multi millionaire's response?

Why the secrecy?

They sent Fatty Foulkes to beg the Sultan of Brunei.

Geo_1875
06-01-2012, 11:15 PM
I don't think the rescue 'consortium' will be made up of the blind leading the blind. They will be shrewd businessmen who will probably take calculated risks and will choose the right moment to 'strike'. If what I believe will happen, does happen, the 'new' HOMFC will not be all that far removed from their present status. Don't get me wrong, I'm longing for a severe and embarrassing drop from grace like most of us but frankly don't see it ever coming.

If Vlad knows there are a"group" of super-wealthy potential investors he will have more reason to play hardball and hold out for his asking price. If they are daft enough to pay this price it destroys any reputation they have as shrewd business people. It might eventally transpire that Vlad reduces his asking price but I doubt this will happen anytime soon. Also, if the new owners have enough cash to buy the club they should have enough money to run them without any input from CEC.

Mon_the_cabbage
06-01-2012, 11:17 PM
They sent Fatty Foulkes to beg the Sultan of Brunei.

Ha, you got me!

So is it the Sultan or Pishy Foulkes that Jim44 kens?

Jim44
07-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Ha, you got me!

So is it the Sultan or Pishy Foulkes that Jim44 kens?

No fear, but someone considerably more wealthy and influential than that nonentity. Anyone who knows me on this board will confirm that I'm not one for blabbing about what I've heard or who I know. So I've said my piece and that's it.

johnrebus
07-01-2012, 03:47 AM
No fear, but someone considerably more wealthy and influential than that nonentity. Anyone who knows me on this board will confirm that I'm not one for blabbing about what I've heard or who I know. So I've said my piece and that's it.

So why don't you tell who it is, instead of playing hard to get?

Hibrandenburg
07-01-2012, 03:57 AM

Is this a copy and paste from sickback. It sure reads like one.

Iain G
07-01-2012, 05:26 AM

Is it Brian Kennedy?!?! :greengrin

The Harp
07-01-2012, 05:44 AM
There's little doubt the good old city of Edinburgh council will do all it can to preserve this sham of a club but as for a white knight/knights riding to the rescue wi' cheque book in hand, I doubt it.
As the old saying goes: He who sups wi' the Devil should use a long spoon. Only snag for them is their entire canteen of cutlery has probably been sold. :monkey:

Springbank
07-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Look, don't get me wrong, I'm the first one to enjoy the Jambos demise.
Their policy of outbidding others for players they can't afford to pay has been cheating - buying results they can't afford.

But am I the only one who looks at this thread title <Will it start to sink in now>
on a day when we are being widely touted (on national radio too) to be pumped out the cup by a 2nd div team
<for the second season in a row>
and as we endure the second January transfer window in a row looking to the transfer window for life support

…and I can't help but think the title could equally apply to our board and our fans?

I'm all for teams occasionally being taught a lesson (Ayr Utd, Ross County) IF the lessons are learned. But I can't see where they have been.

Will we be in the same boat next January???? And will I let it sink in then????

Jim44
07-01-2012, 07:57 AM
So why don't you tell who it is, instead of playing hard to get?

Is this a copy and paste from sickback. It sure reads like one.

Is it Brian Kennedy?!?! :greengrin

I'm not playing hard to get and I'm certainly not getting involved in a question and answer debate. Most people will take what I've said as nonsense and that's cool. It might very well turn out to be just that. I've personally always suspected that there would be some serious salvage operation and what I heard just seemed to tie in. Meanwhile let's just enjoy their gross discomfort for the next few months.

Iain G
07-01-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm not playing hard to get and I'm certainly not getting involved in a question and answer debate. Most people will take what I've said as nonsense and that's cool. It might very well turn out to be just that. I've personally always suspected that there would be some serious salvage operation and what I heard just seemed to tie in. Meanwhile let's just enjoy their gross discomfort for the next few months.

Lets hope its Tom Farmer and he opens the Wallace Mercer Tyres & Exhausts depot on the flattened site of the big pink bus shelter...:greengrin

Kaiser1962
07-01-2012, 08:07 AM
I have no doubt there will be a few folk wanting to take on Hearts but whether or not the neccessary set of circumstances combine to allow them to continue in their present form, more or less, and at Tynecastle remains to be seen.

Some of Scotlands wealthiest men are involved in football clubs but NONE of them have managed to make any money out of them, on the contrary. Recently the SPL has cost guys of the calibre of John Boyle, Calum Melville, David Murray, Tom Farmer and Stewart Milne a lot of money. You could add the late Eddie Thomson of Dundee United to the list.

Someone having a lot of money is one thing, being prepared to lose a substantial amount of it on a football club takes a different beast entirely.

Jack
07-01-2012, 08:25 AM
I have no doubt there will be a few folk wanting to take on Hearts but whether or not the neccessary set of circumstances combine to allow them to continue in their present form, more or less, and at Tynecastle remains to be seen.

Some of Scotlands wealthiest men are involved in football clubs but NONE of them have managed to make any money out of them, on the contrary. Recently the SPL has cost guys of the calibre of John Boyle, Calum Melville, David Murray, Tom Farmer and Stewart Milne a lot of money. You could add the late Eddie Thomson of Dundee United to the list.

Someone having a lot of money is one thing, being prepared to lose a substantial amount of it on a football club takes a different beast entirely.

Agree with that.

What they would need to find is a very very wealthy jambo and I fairly sure that if such a beast existed we'd all know who he, they, was, were.

Anyone with a wish only to buy a Scottish club would probably go for any club ahead of them, with Hibs at the top of their wish list.

anyone wanting just to buy a football club would probably go for a Championship club, might even sneak a wee EPL club.

All these options are cheaper than taking on them with a probability of quicker success for the pounds pumped in.

Folk who have made the necessary millions are typically sensible and didn't make their millions by throwing their money around willy Willy. I can't see any sensible person seeing them as anything other than a huge money pit.

Phil D. Rolls
07-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Ah'm just a gadgie likesay, toap businessman, Fortune 500, Forbes Magazine ken, likes, stock exchange 'n aw that, ken, leveraged buy oot, personal fortune, ken, looks like a sound bloke tae me likesay. Debt forgiveness, ken?

Geo_1875
07-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Lets hope its Tom Farmer and he opens the Wallace Mercer Tyres & Exhausts depot on the flattened site of the big pink bus shelter...:greengrin

I don't think it is too outrageous to suggest STF getting involved in any buy out of the Yams. He is, after all, well known for his charitable works.

greenginger
07-01-2012, 08:54 AM
I don't think it is too outrageous to suggest STF getting involved in any buy out of the Yams. He is, after all, well known for his charitable works.

He will also know the value of his own business/football club would increase greatly by being a City Monopoly. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
07-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Ah'm just a gadgie likesay, toap businessman, Fortune 500, Forbes Magazine ken, likes, stock exchange 'n aw that, ken, leveraged buy oot, personal fortune, ken, looks like a sound bloke tae me likesay. Debt forgiveness, ken?

Gadgies wot can pee £100m up agenst the Wa' ken wots goan on. They won a war FFS does that count fer nuffin?

Forbes Magazine? Sounds like he's maybe a yankie? can he play full back?

Kato
07-01-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm not playing hard to get and I'm certainly not getting involved in a question and answer debate. Most people will take what I've said as nonsense and that's cool. It might very well turn out to be just that.

What's stopping you from naming him/them?

greenginger
07-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Gadgies wot can pee £100m up agenst the Wa' ken wots goan on. They won a war FFS does that count fer nuffin?

Naw ! He's a Wide Receiver ( of stolen goods ) :wink:

BEEJ
07-01-2012, 10:07 AM
But am I the only one who looks at this thread title <Will it start to sink in now> on a day when we are being widely touted (on national radio too) to be pumped out the cup by a 2nd div team <for the second season in a row> and as we endure the second January transfer window in a row looking to the transfer window for life support

…and I can't help but think the title could equally apply to our board and our fans?

I'm all for teams occasionally being taught a lesson (Ayr Utd, Ross County) IF the lessons are learned. But I can't see where they have been.

For all but a few eccentrics within the Hibs support the message has already well and truly sunk in - we're cr@p! There are no statistics which will prove otherwise.

Why is it taking so long to sink in with you?

Here's hoping that last Monday marks the lowest point in our 'journey' of the last two years and it's a steady onwards and upwards from here. :flag:

Sylar
07-01-2012, 10:19 AM
But am I the only one who looks at this thread title <Will it start to sink in now>
on a day when we are being widely touted (on national radio too) to be pumped out the cup by a 2nd div team
<for the second season in a row>
and as we endure the second January transfer window in a row looking to the transfer window for life support

Having not won the damned thing since 1902, I don't think any Hibs fans are in any doubt that we have a crap record in the Scottish Cup. It's well and truly sunk in, but I don't think we have our head in the sands about how bad the record is and how unlikely it is to change any time soon, particularly considering the way we're playing.

However, so many of the balloons who follow Hearts (those who aren't "red top reading Vladsheep"), are in such a level of denial about their current financial plight, despite all the warnings, passing them off as "media hyperbole". Perhaps a combination of their glorious leader's statement about putting no more money into the club and their manager preparing for survival rather than success should set off some alarm bells.

It still seems a fair question IMO.

DC_Hibs
07-01-2012, 10:26 AM
I love these posts about people coming in to buy Hearts. Usually its drivel spouted from Jambos of course.
The maths simply don't work unless Vlad gives the club away for next to nothing.

Vlad claims they are worth £50m and theres also debt of £30m.

How much are people willing to pay for a (non) entity with assets of £15m max? - yes I am being generous.
What level of secured funding can they achieve based on this valuation and who is daft enough to lend?
Are there any clowns out there willing to pay even double what the assets are worth.....that would be hoping Vlad takes a HUGE hit compared to what he has already. If so, they'd be funding 60-70% from (or secured on) their own personal wealth.

The next question if they are speculating to accummulate is how do they get their money back or increase the value of a football club in a league that is dying a death. Their crowds are about to plummet now its a level playing field on expenditure and they are left with dross and youngsters to watch from February on.

Other pie in the sky theories....
If vlad sells on for a token fee and holds the debt, how is this football giant going to service such a debt??
Vlad keeps the stadium hoping the value increases and leases it back to them - then what are they actually buying - the (tainted) name of HoMFC!

Newry Hibs
07-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Would any White knights not be better off waiting until the current Hearts fold (and no one can attach any blame to them for their demise) and see about funding a new Hearts where they can start from scratch and be the new heroes. Of course they would need to start lower down - maybe find a club to take over (Livvy?). Though I always thought this an odd concept - Are Airdrie United not actually Clydebank but with a different name and therefore have their history. Typical if the first bit of crowing from Livvy/Hearts would be a league cup win over us.

Phil D. Rolls
07-01-2012, 10:54 AM

Cannae go askin questions like that, eh, ken, likesay. Ah'm jist sayin likes, a bloke in the pub telt is this man has a seat oan the board eh aw the toap companies, ken. Cannae expect the man tae go blowin' coanfidenshiality agreements, any radge thit kens the business scene ill tell ye the same likes, ken, a mean tae say, aw things cinsidered an that, ken, likes.

Ah wis a toap businessman, man and boy, aye, foarty years, ken.

Cropley10
07-01-2012, 11:05 AM
I love these posts about people coming in to buy Hearts. Usually its drivel spouted from Jambos of course.
The maths simply don't work unless Vlad gives the club away for next to nothing.

Vlad claims they are worth £50m and theres also debt of £30m.

How much are people willing to pay for a (non) entity with assets of £15m max? - yes I am being generous.
What level of secured funding can they achieve based on this valuation and who is daft enough to lend?
Are there any clowns out there willing to pay even double what the assets are worth.....that would be hoping Vlad takes a HUGE hit compared to what he has already. If so, they'd be funding 60-70% from (or secured on) their own personal wealth.

The next question if they are speculating to accummulate is how do they get their money back or increase the value of a football club in a league that is dying a death. Their crowds are about to plummet now its a level playing field on expenditure and they are left with dross and youngsters to watch from February on.

Other pie in the sky theories....
If vlad sells on for a token fee and holds the debt, how is this football giant going to service such a debt??
Vlad keeps the stadium hoping the value increases and leases it back to them - then what are they actually buying - the (tainted) name of HoMFC!

My thoughts exactly.

What I do like though is this idea of Hertz now being self-sufficient. They seem to think that this will still allow them to afford the third best team in the SPL, even if they spend much, much less. Problem with that is they have to fund everything else INCLUDING the team, so DEBT, stadium, and every other cost including players staff and infrastructure.

franco
07-01-2012, 11:08 AM

i wouldnt be surprised mate totaly agree with you

fatbloke
07-01-2012, 11:15 AM
My thoughts exactly.

What I do like though is this idea of Hertz now being self-sufficient. They seem to think that this will still allow them to afford the third best team in the SPL, even if they spend much, much less. Problem with that is they have to fund everything else INCLUDING the team, so DEBT, stadium, and every other cost including players staff and infrastructure.

Self abusive, self-delusional, and/or self harming mair like.

johnrebus
07-01-2012, 11:41 AM

I do not believe this can happen. The politics involved make it unworkable. With every Hibs supporter and the very large slice of the city's population who are not interested in football, any move to bale out the Yams would meet with ferocious resistance.

whiskyhibby
07-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Burn the heretic :grr:

:LOL::LOL:

:titanic:
:titanic::titanic:

CraigHibee
07-01-2012, 12:44 PM

doubt it very much

at least 80 - 90% of them are deluded plums, even when the bubble does burst there will still be a "nothing to see attitude" from them.

i seriously cannot wait for the sinking ship to go under! i do have a few jambo mates and i feel sorry for them, but for the rest of them they can go get tae ....