PDA

View Full Version : can you pay at gate

cam75
06-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Spoke to my bro lastnight and he said it was all ticket for cup game,I'm in aberdeen and he is in Glasgow so nie possibility of getting to Easter rd,Im driving down so 2 spare seats in car if anyone stuck ?

BS44
06-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Spoke to my bro lastnight and he said it was all ticket for cup game,I'm in aberdeen and he is in Glasgow so nie possibility of getting to Easter rd,Im driving down so 2 spare seats in car if anyone stuck ?

Phone the ticket office this afternoon. They are still waiting on confirmation from Cowdenbeath whether there will be ticket sales at
the ground tomorrow.

Hermit Crab
06-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Phone the ticket office this afternoon. They are still waiting on confirmation from Cowdenbeath whether there will be ticket sales at
the ground tomorrow.

Would be good if they made it pay at the gate, but does this not defeat the purpose of Hibs asking for names and addresses from fans?

Joe Baker II
06-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Would be good if they made it pay at the gate, but does this not defeat the purpose of Hibs asking for names and addresses from fans?

Hibs should have no need for this information, given time of year should always have been pay at gate game anyway.

The Sea-gull
06-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Hibs should have no need for this information, given time of year should always have been pay at gate game anyway.

If the team was on any sort of form or just not as bad, the away allocation would have sold out ages ago. Same would apply to the pars game next week. They are short trips for most.

Pretty Boy
06-01-2012, 12:19 PM
If the team was on any sort of form or just not as bad, the away allocation would have sold out ages ago. Same would apply to the pars game next week. They are short trips for most.

Agreed. Is be surprised even now if we had more than a couple of hundred tickets left.

If it hadn't been all ticket and people were locked out then folk would have been moaning about it being pay at the gate. Sometimes the club can't win.

easty
06-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Agreed. Is be surprised even now if we had more than a couple of hundred tickets left.

If it hadn't been all ticket and people were locked out then folk would have been moaning about it being pay at the gate. Sometimes the club can't win.

Thats the bloody problem really!

Geo_1875
06-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Not Hibs fault if Cowdenbeath make it all ticket.

Pretty Boy
06-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Thats the bloody problem really!

I could have worded that better.

Hibee87
06-01-2012, 12:35 PM
how many tickets did we actually get then?

i say the stadium prob hold about 4500 even i would sya we would have got circa 1000 now to say lets open the gate and see how many fans turn up is ridiculous, its not far away its the scottish cup and at the time how did they know what form we would be in? All tickets seems the best way to do it

cam75
06-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Spoke to.ER tickets left but as I said hard for me to get down,phoned cowdenbeath and they will leave tickets at gate for me.sorted

Broken Gnome
06-01-2012, 01:07 PM
We got 3200 remember, even 2500 wouldn't be that a bad turn out considering the dread we're facing and the last lower division trips we had. Which would be enough to put people off for life.

DaveF
06-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Spoke to.ER tickets left but as I said hard for me to get down,phoned cowdenbeath and they will leave tickets at gate for me.sorted

Cowdenbeath are leaving you tickets for the Hibs end? Are you paying on collection or did you pay via another method?

I quite fancy going but can't get into ER today to get tickets. If you let me know what you did I can maybe follow suit.

Pretty Boy
06-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Cowdenbeath are leaving you tickets for the Hibs end? Are you paying on collection or did you pay via another method?

I quite fancy going but can't get into ER today to get tickets. If you let me know what you did I can maybe follow suit.

Not sure if it suits but remember the clubstore is open at 9 tomorrow morning so if you can get in early doors you should still be able to get a ticket then.

DaveF
06-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Not sure if it suits but remember the clubstore is open at 9 tomorrow morning so if you can get in early doors you should still be able to get a ticket then.

To be honest I could do without the trek from West Lothian to ER just to pick up tickets.

Is anyone near ER and heading back to Livi tonight :greengrin

Andy74
06-01-2012, 01:52 PM

Me too. I can now go but can't get to ER today. Also seems a bit of a trek tomorrow to get from Livi to ER to Fife if it can be helped!

BroxburnHibee
06-01-2012, 02:12 PM

I'm in the same boat Dave - didn't really fancy it but as its got closer I've changed my mind.

Now the laddie is begging me to take him - no chance I can get down there today.

IberianHibernian
06-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Says on official Hibs site that Hibs fans can buy tickets outside main entrance at Cowdenbeath between 12.30 and 2.30

Hermit Crab
06-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Says on official Hibs site that Hibs fans can buy tickets outside main entrance at Cowdenbeath between 12.30 and 2.30Just been down to get a mate a ticket and was told there wasn't too many left although no exact figure was given to me. They wanted a name and address for my mate and when I asked if Cowdenbeath would be asking for names and addresses tomorrow and the response I got was youll need to ask them.

Joe Baker II
06-01-2012, 03:31 PM

Yes the club can win if they act logically which is why so many fans despair of them. Sensible way is to announce tickets are on sale in advance and that there will be a pay gate IF not all tickets are sold in advance (should even a slighlty higher pay gate price to encourage advance sales) - so anyone who does not buy in advance can have no ground for complaint if unlucky if turns up on day and ground is full (and in current era pretty unlikely in Scotland these days). Much better method than last minute annoucement there will be a cash gate as is frequently the case with Hibs.

Another example of Scottish football not having customer-focus as a priority - it is not just a Hibs issue.

cam75
06-01-2012, 04:17 PM
and phone

On collection they took my name number and said be there before 2.30.

Game is a Foot:flag:

lucky
06-01-2012, 04:25 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120106/supporters-information_2262950_2568530

Can buy before the game tomorrow

murray26
06-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Nice one, i'm in the same boat as a few above, wasn't going but now can, i live in Falkirk so a trek in to Edinburgh to pick up tickets would have been a pain, glad you can buy outside the ground, hopefully tommorrow can be a turning point.

marinello59
06-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Yes the club can win if they act logically which is why so many fans despair of them. Sensible way is to announce tickets are on sale in advance and that there will be a pay gate IF not all tickets are sold in advance (should even a slighlty higher pay gate price to encourage advance sales) - so anyone who does not buy in advance can have no ground for complaint if unlucky if turns up on day and ground is full (and in current era pretty unlikely in Scotland these days). Much better method than last minute annoucement there will be a cash gate as is frequently the case with Hibs.

Another example of Scottish football not having customer-focus as a priority - it is not just a Hibs issue.

:agree:
Yet again those who bought tickets in advance find themselves penalised with transaction fees and postage costs for doing so.

Geo_1875
06-01-2012, 05:09 PM

And what part of Cowdenbeath issuing tickets for sale in advance then announcing that tickets will be on sale at the ground on matchday is a Hibs issue?

cam75
06-01-2012, 05:23 PM
:agree:
Yet again those who bought tickets in advance find themselves penalised with transaction fees and postage costs for doing so.this is a major scam that i have worked out NOT this is more of a catch
up with my bro last minute thing,jeeze if it had sold out this would not be a issue,all for sake of few pounds when i have spent thousands and miles on following hibs.

BroxburnHibee
06-01-2012, 05:45 PM
this is a major scam that i have worked out NOT this is more of a catch
up with my bro last minute thing,jeeze if it had sold out this would not be a issue,all for sake of few pounds when i have spent thousands and miles on following hibs.

:confused: Nah - you'll need to run that by me again.

Cameron1875
06-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Spent all week saying there is no chance i'll be going but now its pay at the gate i've changed my mind :greengrin.

Hopefully it will be ok to turn up about half 1 and get a ticket for me and my mate.

connerg
06-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Just been down to get a mate a ticket and was told there wasn't too many left although no exact figure was given to me. They wanted a name and address for my mate and when I asked if Cowdenbeath would be asking for names and addresses tomorrow and the response I got was youll need to ask them.

Would that ticket you bought for a mate be me? Hibs already have my details on the database. Should have given you my client number.

SloopJB
06-01-2012, 08:29 PM
10 minutes along the road, that'll do for me. Will try get there for 12.

monktonharp
06-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Spent all week saying there is no chance i'll be going but now its pay at the gate i've changed my mind :greengrin.

Hopefully it will be ok to turn up about half 1 and get a ticket for me and my mate.that's not exactly the same as pay at the gate though, is it? hope you get in.I have a feeling we will have a very good support, judging by enquiries for seats on our bus, although i'd prefer pay at the gate myself

lucky
07-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Lots of tickets available. Just got mine at the left hand side of the sign that's says away support. It's not a ticket office its an old cupboard.

lucky
07-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Feels like a proper Scottish cup tie. Cold windy in a wee town where its all Hibbies and the locals are excited by prospect of an upset