PDA

View Full Version : An Invitation To ST Holders Who Have Stopped Going To Home Games

Mikey
05-01-2012, 09:35 PM
We have a home game on Saturday 21st January at 3pm against St Johnstone.

Don't spend the afternoon trailing round the shops with the other half.
Don't spend the afternoon in the bookies.
Don't spend the afternoon on the golf course.
Don't spend the afternoon watching match updates on hibs.net.

You have a ticket for the game, come and see the Hibees :scarf:

El Gubbz
05-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Think we will have a good crowd. Only team we can beat at Easter Road

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2012, 10:01 PM

PS. Only positive cheering, chanting and singing allowed.

Any negative cheering, chanting singing or booing will result in you being ejected by the (.net) Police :wink: :greengrin

Scouse Hibee being the only exception to this rule!!

AgentDaleCooper
05-01-2012, 10:06 PM
PS. Only positive cheering, chanting and singing allowed.

Any negative cheering, chanting singing or booing will result in you being ejected by the (.net) Police :wink: :greengrin

aahh, thank god we've got you on board at last :aok: :wink:

CabbageBoy
05-01-2012, 10:10 PM

After watching that pish on Monday, I'm glad I havent suffered any more of this season, and I wont be back to sample any more of that. I'd rather have the best part of £30 and a couple of hours with my kids rather than watching overpaid crap players fail to do even the basics right. If I wanted to watch that level of 'football' I can see that with JGPS U9 girls on a Saturday morning (actually, they made me smile a couple of times this year).

hibee_girl
05-01-2012, 10:10 PM
It's a Hibs Kids game so I have 2 extra folk coming along with me to this game (not that they know it yet! :greengrin)

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2012, 10:11 PM
aahh, thank god we've got you on board at last :aok: :wink:

Fixed it just for you :greengrin

Dinkydoo
05-01-2012, 10:23 PM
It's a Hibs Kids game

Ah, good old 'Hibs Kids'. I remember having my name read out at half time to be ball boy at the next home game when I was 11 or 12; part of the Hibs Kids season ticket competition draw thingy.

We played Dundee United (IIRC) which we lost (again, IIRC).

I was stationed at the south(ish) end of the East and can remember being given words of encouragement from various folk after I went in the huff when we had a goal chalked off for offside.

Do they still do the Hibs Kids half time competition draws? Can't say I've noticed it at the few home games I've been to in the past 2 years......

Back on track, I may make an appearance on Saturday (as a non-ST holder). No idea why though, possibly something to do with the random ball boy flashback I've just had. :greengrin:

lyonhibs
05-01-2012, 10:31 PM
I imagine the lure of all other possible distractions for ST holders would be decreased significantly if there was even a remote chance that some Hibs players would turn up and actually play for the Hibees as opposed to be vacant zombies disgracing the shirt.

Just a thought mind.

monktonharp
06-01-2012, 01:45 AM
I imagine the lure of all other possible distractions for ST holders would be decreased significantly if there was even a remote chance that some Hibs players would turn up and actually play for the Hibees as opposed to be vacant zombies disgracing the shirt.

Just a thought mind.your comments are getting cleverer by the day , are you an oxford don lyon now, lyon:greengrin

frazeHFC
06-01-2012, 02:12 AM
After watching that pish on Monday, I'm glad I havent suffered any more of this season, and I wont be back to sample any more of that. I'd rather have the best part of £30 and a couple of hours with my kids rather than watching overpaid crap players fail to do even the basics right. If I wanted to watch that level of 'football' I can see that with JGPS U9 girls on a Saturday morning (actually, they made me smile a couple of times this year).

:paranoid: That's yam talk.

MussiHibee
06-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Why put myself through the pain of watching players that are no where near good enough to play for our great club? It's TORTURE!

Until there's a change throughout the club (new manager was a start) we will not get much better...

Sad times indeed when I cannot be ersed going to a derby at ER... :rolleyes:

happiehibbie
06-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Guys we the supporters are not to blame for the crisis and it is a crisis at Easter Road. Its very hard to get excited at a game when nothiong is happening on the field...

I think the atmospher at the derby had to be the worst ever from both ends.

So please stop having a go at fans for not going.

I said at the begining of the season i was going to give it 6 games I am still going I do not leave until the game is over infact i have never walked out early from a game.

I hope it gets better soon or i wont be buying my tickets next year and before someone has a go 20 yrs i have had a ticket got one when i stopped playing

How would i get people back i would play an attacking team and get the ball moving quicker arround the field and play 2 or 3 up front remember these days when we played 2 up front seems 20yr since we had 3 up front. its simple really if we play with more forward players and keep them up the park thaen the other team have to put men back to mark them. We are getting beat everyweek so why not get beat playing attacking exciting football lose 3 goals score 4 at the other end that will bring the fans back .

am i nervous for tomo OH YES

The Voice Of Reason
06-01-2012, 09:23 AM
I will be at the Pantomime with my kids (rather than the Pantomime at Easter Road........Look, a Hibs player has actually passed it to another Hibs player - "OH NO HE HASN'T") :greengrin

Beefster
06-01-2012, 09:25 AM

Shouldn't the club be doing this?

marinello59
06-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Shouldn't the club be doing this?

Yes.

But what's to stop us, the fans, trying to do something positive as well? We don't have to sit back and let somebody else do something for us do we?

matty_f
06-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Yes.

But what's to stop us, the fans, trying to do something positive as well? We don't have to sit back and let somebody else do something for us do we?

:agree:

I would say that it's almost counter-productive for the club to do it, because whenever they do stuff to encourage folk to go it's met with derision.

Big Frank
06-01-2012, 10:39 AM

Yes.

I would say that it's almost counter-productive for the club to do it, because whenever they do stuff to encourage folk to go it's met with derision.

:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2012, 11:25 AM

Maybe the Club themselves could do something radical, and find out from each season ticket holder who don't attend ER, why that is??

The answer is not too hard to find though, poor quality football offered up, and a Board who only talk to the fans when it suits them.......

matty_f
06-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Maybe the Club themselves could do something radical, and find out from each season ticket holder who don't attend ER, why that is??

The answer is not too hard to find though, poor quality football offered up, and a Board who only talk to the fans when it suits them.......

Think the last point is a bit unfair, the board are behind the goals before each game and I can say each and every time I've had cause to email them, I've had a prompt and full reply.

frazeHFC
06-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Yes.

:thumbsup:

Are Hibs poor? Yes.
Are we fed up? Yes.
Are we gona stop going? You can if you want, but i'll be there getting behind the team.

Paddy Fenlon's Green 'n' White Army! :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
06-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Think the last point is a bit unfair, the board are behind the goals before each game and I can say each and every time I've had cause to email them, I've had a prompt and full reply.

They come in, look lost, go to the same table each week, then leave. :cool2:

But yeah at least they show their face. :agree:

Saorsa
06-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Think the last point is a bit unfair, the board are behind the goals before each game and I can say each and every time I've had cause to email them, I've had a prompt and full reply.I agree with you about the e-mails but I used tae go tae BTG and in there they generally talk with the same groups of people, the ones who probably dinnae ask awkward questions and hang off every word they say. I asked Petrie a question one time, cannae mind what it was because it was many years ago since I last went there. He didnae like the question so fobbed me off with the sort of answer you'd get from a politician. The only person in there I ever got a straight answer from was Colin McNeil, I got on great with him, was invited tae ER for a coffee several times tae discuss things, straight talking and straight answers all the time. It's a pity we couldnae get him back at ER IMO.

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2012, 11:40 AM

Why is it unfair Matty, the Board don't answer questions put to them directly, more putting a positive slant on things......They know they are under severe pressure, but come out with the stance "we should not be tearing overselves apart, and should unite as one"....

Hibs_SW
06-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Ill be there i paid for a season ticket for a reason and dont see the point spending money on it when not going to go, yeah we all know the "football" we are seeing aint silky or exciting but come on its the club u support is it not? Id like to hope that the club will still be there even if Petrie etc werent? Then someone else would just come along and take over their duties????Therefore its not the board u are backing its the history and club itself! We all know being a hibs fan aint exciting right now or for the last few seasons but its part and parcel of football u get bad seasons u get jolly good ones. Its a passionate sport and hibs fans need to get behind the manager and the club and help them along the way a bit. Not telling everyone what to do people will do what they want and what they see fit but ill be there tomorrow and every other week to get behind the club :)

marinello59
06-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Why is it unfair Matty, the Board don't answer questions put to them directly, more putting a positive slant on things......They know they are under sever pressrue, but come out with the stance "we should not be tearing overselves apart, and should unite as one"....

Evil ********. :agree:
I expect nothing less than them throwing themselves to the ground and admitting we are pish and it's all their fault. :greengrin
Seriously, I couldn't care less what they say to us at the moment and IF we eventually get a winning team on the park hardly anybody else would care either.

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Evil ********. :agree:
I expect nothing less than them throwing themselves to the ground and admitting we are pish and it's all their fault. :greengrin
Seriously, I couldn't care less what they say to us at the moment and IF we eventually get a winning team on the park hardly anybody else would care either.

Thats the thing M59, we don't have a winning side, and the fans are rightly voicing their displeasure......

We all crave a winning side, and if we had one there would be little flak aimed at the Board, but we don't......

puff the dragon
06-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Nah you're alright. i won't be using my LAST EVER season ticket again and have only used it about 5 times already. Raging with myself for wasting £405 on it, which has been used to pay for those imposters.

Even if Hibs ever get their act together and put something entertainig on the park with a team that actually care I won't buy another as during my time away I have obtained other interests that I'm going to prioritise over gash games against Motherwell, St J and the likes.

In order for me to even buy a walk up ticket again we need a bit more enthusiasum about the football at boardroom level as there is no entertainment in that dross just now.

With the initial outlay of £405 already flushed down the toilet it is actually value for money now not going as it's the choice between:
1) Going to the game because you have already paid for it with a non-refundable ticket.
2) Accepting that the ticket was non-refundable, writing it off and learning your lesson for future and not going.

If the choices were a mandatory 2 hours at Easter Road watching the football or paying £25 to get out of the mandatory trip to Easter Road - I'd probably pay the £25.

Judas Iscariot
06-01-2012, 01:58 PM

What if you'd perfer to do any of those things over going to ER?

matty_f
06-01-2012, 02:00 PM
What if you'd perfer to do any of those things over going to ER?

Go and do them? :dunno:

Judas Iscariot
06-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Go and do them? :dunno:

Excellent :aok:

matty_f
06-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Excellent :aok:

Thanks, I do try! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
06-01-2012, 02:34 PM
I've never had a problem with getting a reply from the board on the couple of occasions that I've contacted them. In fact, I've normally had a response within 48 hours.

However, the content of their reply has sometimes been less than satisfactory and I've found that they quite often do not address all the points that I've made to them.

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2012, 02:36 PM
I've never had a problem with getting a reply from the board on the couple of occasions that I've contacted them. In fact, I've normally had a response within 48 hours.

However, the content of their reply has sometimes been less than satisfactory and I've found that they quite often do not address all the points that I've made to them.

In a nutshell

Joe Baker II
06-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Have to remember there are plenty of season ticket holders who know fine they will not get to every game regardless if their club doing well or not, but are happy to make a financial contribution to the club.

BroxburnHibee
06-01-2012, 03:47 PM

I didn't get a ST this year Mike - am I ok to go golfing :greengrin

CabbageBoy
06-01-2012, 04:43 PM
:paranoid: That's yam talk.

What, the notion that a team should make you smile, rather than wince?

Tomorrow I will be in Fife, but only to pick up some wallpaper and paint.

Hibs07p
06-01-2012, 05:12 PM
What, the notion that a team should make you smile, rather than wince?

Tomorrow I will be in Fife, but only to pick up some wallpaper and paint.

I think he was referring to the U9 girls. :wink:

Mikey
07-01-2012, 08:01 PM
I'd rather have the best part of £30

This invitation is to season ticket holders only :na na:

:greengrin

Mikey
07-01-2012, 08:02 PM

I know how they feel :greengrin

matty_f
07-01-2012, 08:03 PM
I know how they feel :greengrin

:tee hee:

greenlex
07-01-2012, 08:38 PM
I didn't get a ST this year Mike - am I ok to go golfing :greengrin
I've seen your golf. Get to the fitba.