PDA

View Full Version : Yams McGowan Banned

machibby
05-01-2012, 05:19 PM
2 game ban for his headbutt. Sweet. Pity the ref was so incompetent to send him off at the time.

Cabbage East
05-01-2012, 05:22 PM
So first goal offside and this little scaff should have been sent off. When the **** do we start gettin some breaks in the derby?

Hibs7
05-01-2012, 05:23 PM
2 game ban for his headbutt. Sweet. Pity the ref was so incompetent to send him off at the time.

Again an incompetent referee had cost Hibs points. Aberdeen game and the Jumbo game, time the SP hell started using modern technology as it is obvious the refs are not up to the task.

Cropley10
05-01-2012, 05:24 PM

This is what happens when you ask a former HMFC ST holder to ref the New Years Derby. I'd imagine Hertz would like Murray reffing every game they play, based on Monday.

JimBHibees
05-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Beggars belief how shafted we were on Monday, what with the offside goal by the other linesman, Murray and the other linesman missing :rolleyes: the headbutt. Officials had a great day.

Sir David Gray
05-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Shame it'll do absolutely nothing to help our cause.

In fact, considering the fact that one of the matches he'll be suspended for is against Inverness, perversely it may actually harm us!

Northernhibee
05-01-2012, 05:30 PM
This is what happens when you ask a former HMFC ST holder to ref the New Years Derby. I'd imagine Hertz would like Murray reffing every game they play, based on Monday.

Exactly, "incompetant" isn't the word I'd use for the refereeing.

forthhibby
05-01-2012, 05:34 PM

explains why i read in one of the match reports that 'Callum Murray can be happy with his afternoon's work'

Golden Bear
05-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Beggars belief how shafted we were on Monday, what with the offside goal by the other linesman, Murray and the other linesman missing :rolleyes: the headbutt. Officials had a great day.

Plus the fact that Leigh Griffiths was wrongly pulled up for offside in the first half by the linesman on the West Stand side. TV pictures clearly showed that Griffiths was onside and a clear goal scoring opportunity was therefore denied.

ShanksSaidNo
05-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Regardless of who the referee was on Monday, we were always goin to get pumped.

Cropley10
05-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Plus the fact that Leigh Griffiths was wrongly pulled up for offside in the first half by the linesman on the West Stand side. TV pictures clearly showed that Griffiths was onside and a clear goal scoring opportunity was therefore denied.

Thought that at the time, it would have been almost impossible for him to be off-side in that situation.

H18sry
05-01-2012, 05:44 PM

How do you fathom that one out?

Mikey
05-01-2012, 05:46 PM

Why's that then?

Sylar
05-01-2012, 05:52 PM

Because right now, Hutchison Vale U-15's could probably beat Hibs? :confused:

Wembley67
05-01-2012, 05:54 PM
An incompetent team cost us the points not the ref...

Golden Bear
05-01-2012, 05:58 PM

Aye but if we keep trying, then come Saturday morning we'll have convinced ourselves that we really should have won.

Clutching at straws and all that.

:greengrin

3pm
05-01-2012, 06:02 PM
It pains me to say it but they deserved to win. However, we may have got our point (or dare I say 3) had we played versus 10 men for 20 minutes.

McGowan also launched the throw in for their 2nd when he should have been off the park. We're poor but we are slightly unfortunate at times as well.

H18sry
05-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Because right now, Hutchison Vale U-15's could probably beat Hibs? :confused:

:yawn2::yawn2:

Crab apple
05-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Most of the 50/50 decisions went in the ****bos favour. Murray is not the worst ref but defintiely had one of his poorer games. I still believe that it is wrong to put someone in charge of a derby game when that person is well known to support one team (and has confirmed this in an interview early in his career). It wouldn't happen in the Weedge.

Sylar
05-01-2012, 06:07 PM
:yawn2::yawn2:

Slight hyperbole, but I'm sure even you can work out the general sentiment.

They're a better team than the current mob in green and white - the league position if nothing else highlights as much.

Hibs7
05-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Aye but if we keep trying, then come Saturday morning we'll have convinced ourselves that we really should have won.

Rubbish, first jumbo goal offside, Hibs first was not....1-0 Hibs,
Webster should have been sent off for the push on O'Hanlon, penalty Hibs, possibly 2-0 Hibs.
Hearts second was scored by Webster who would have been off so still 2-0, then McGowan off Hearts down to 9 men, don't think we would haveodt that game and all genuine as shown on TV. Time the SPL used live tv for contentious decisions.

3pm
05-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know when the statement about a conspiracy is due from Romanov?

Sunny1875
05-01-2012, 06:14 PM

But the incompetent officials did nothing to help our cause, had they correctly gone down to 10 men and that goal had not stood do you honestly think that we would have been as stretched in the final few minutes

soupy
05-01-2012, 06:15 PM

Please explain!!!!!

Wembley67
05-01-2012, 06:18 PM

Aye, very true...in my heid we won the Scottish cup last season but fell short in the cup winners cup - next year I predict a clean sweep.

3pm
05-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Rubbish, first jumbo goal offside, Hibs first was not....1-0 Hibs,
Webster should have been sent off for the push on O'Hanlon, penalty Hibs, possibly 2-0 Hibs.
Hearts second was scored by Webster who would have been off so still 2-0, then McGowan off Hearts down to 9 men, don't think we would haveodt that game and all genuine as shown on TV. Time the SPL used live tv for contentious decisions.

2-0 Hibs? Steady pal, it's not 2005!

ShanksSaidNo
05-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Please explain!!!!!

The officials didn't loose us that game on Monday. Poor squad, Poor tactics, Limited opportunities created and very few if any shots on targets did. Lets not stoop to the level of the old firm and use conspiracy theories to cover up our inadequacies!

soupy
05-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Ach well, personally I think if the game had been played to the letter of the law, more than one BIG decision would have went in our favour. Regardless whether the tactics were s**** or not.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Maybe goes to show that when you are where we are just now, the breaks go against you. It is not like things are going for us and we are throwing them away.

JimBHibees
05-01-2012, 06:42 PM
The officials didn't loose us that game on Monday. Poor squad, Poor tactics, Limited opportunities created and very few if any shots on targets did. Lets not stoop to the level of the old firm and use conspiracy theories to cover up our inadequacies!

I dont think anyone is arguing we arent poor all they are saying that if you take away the blatantly offside first goal and McGowan gets sent off with what 30 mins to go wouldnt have affected the game. When you look at the game with 11v11 they had very few real goal scoring chances so taking away the first goal and down to 10 we would have definitely got something.

The incompetence of Murray and both linesmen on Monday was staggering IMO. Given also he denied Hibs a stonewall penalty in last New Years game also I dont think he should be anywhere near a derby from now on.

Part/Time Supporter
05-01-2012, 06:45 PM
I dont think anyone is arguing we arent poor all they are saying that if you take away the blatantly offside first goal and McGowan gets sent off with what 30 mins to go wouldnt have affected the game. When you look at the game with 11v11 they had very few real goal scoring chances so taking away the first goal and down to 10 we would have definitely got something.

The incompetence of Murray and both linesmen on Monday was staggering IMO.

:agree:

I can recall this board going tonto over decisions in games which were far less contentious than any of the big three mistakes on Monday (the Webster shirt pull on Griffiths for a penalty, the offside first goal and the headbutt). Calum Murray is getting away with it big time because of the (somewhat understandable) focus on the shortcomings of the Hibs team.

Geo_1875
05-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Murray and his assistants cheated from start to finish on Monday. Offside goal, stonewall penalty and "missed" headbutt aside, he managed to book 3 Hibs players for their first foul.No doubt he will be rewarded with the next Edinburgh Derby!!!

The Green Goblin
05-01-2012, 07:53 PM
It will look bad for Murray that a review of the incident led to this decision. He was awful on Monday - so obviously pro-Hearts it was laughable. The person reviewing his performance would have to be blind not to have seen this, plus all the other critical mistakes he made, so again will reflect very badly on Murray as a referee, behind closed doors of course, but still, it's unlikely he will get away with this again. The real scandal again though, is that clear-as-day poor refereeing has gone against us.

On another positive note, I am delighted that macgowan is getting some come-uppance, especially after a terribly arrogant interview in Tue/Wed's Scotsman (or EN, I can't remember) in which he lambasted Hibs and described his goal (headed in from 1 cm) as a "screamer".

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke. :greengrin

GG

thebakerboy
05-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Most of the 50/50 decisions went in the ****bos favour. Murray is not the worst ref but defintiely had one of his poorer games. I still believe that it is wrong to put someone in charge of a derby game when that person is well known to support one team (and has confirmed this in an interview early in his career). It wouldn't happen in the Weedge.

Happen to know that a Jambo supporting linesman ran the line at Parkhead when Hearts were there recently , he has also been at ER this season.

monktonharp
05-01-2012, 08:23 PM
The officials didn't loose us that game on Monday. Poor squad, Poor tactics, Limited opportunities created and very few if any shots on targets did. Lets not stoop to the level of the old firm and use conspiracy theories to cover up our inadequacies!:confused:dont think anyone is doing conspiicy stuff: who needs to , when facts are facts? ref:Jambo lover. 1st Goal offside player headbutts an opposing player . all undeniable facts! webster hauls down O'hanlon, o'hanlon complains, majority in ground sees this happening:no action taken by officials -Fact

Seveno
05-01-2012, 08:52 PM
This is what happens when you allow the monkeys to take control. Monday was not football but show business. I am no longer prepared to subsidise this zoo with my ST money. Mowgli can have my seat ! :na na:

chrisski33
05-01-2012, 09:00 PM

Cos the team is pish! Yeah their first goal was offside but they still scored 2 more after that goal.

Leithenhibby
05-01-2012, 09:13 PM

Nonsense ...... :rolleyes:

Crab apple
05-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Happen to know that a Jambo supporting linesman ran the line at Parkhead when Hearts were there recently , he has also been at ER this season.

I've less of a problem with Murray officiating at our non derby games. The highly charged environment around derbies surely requires a degree of neutrality and objectivity. I can't imagine a self confessed Celtic or Rangers supporter reffing an old firm derby in the way Murray handled Monday's game without there being a public outcry.

Argylehibby
05-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Cos the team is pish! Yeah their first goal was offside but they still scored 2 more after that goal.

If the offside goal had been disallowed that would have changed everything that followed and the game may well have ended up nil - nil. If he allowed the goal and sent the guy off for the headbutt we may have gone on to win as everything that followed has to be influenced by that failure to act.

Albion Hibs
05-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Ideal ref, well done. Everyone in the stadium saw that one.

I have said it before, if people think we are a bad team and this league is terrible then **** knows what the standard of refereeing is.

Two results in as many weeks that have been decieded on the back of decisions. It does show you that when you are down there nothing does go for you.

Does the ref get a fine for such a pash poor decision / performance, or will they just think twice before putting a hertz fan in charge of an edinburgh derby next time?

Cropley10
05-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Ideal ref, well done. Everyone in the stadium saw that one.

I have said it before, if people think we are a bad team and this league is terrible then **** knows what the standard of refereeing is.

Two results in as many weeks that have been decieded on the back of decisions. It does show you that when you are down there nothing does go for you.

Does the ref get a fine for such a pash poor decision / performance, or will they just think twice before putting a hertz fan in charge of an edinburgh derby next time?

We rarely agree AH but you are SPOT on.

Yes it sounds like sour grapes but put a Hibs ref in charge and this could EASILY have been a very different result.

No doubt Hearts are a better team but the ref was terrible, so they got EVERY decision their way. Which must be handy.

Albion Hibs
05-01-2012, 11:32 PM

Yes it sounds like sour grapes but put a Hibs ref in charge and this could EASILY have been a very different result.

No doubt Hearts are a better team but the ref was terrible, so they got EVERY decision their way. Which must be handy.

The guy is a dirty jambo, I did used to think he was a decent ref, but the derby really surprised me. How many of our players V's their players were booked for their first challange?! Yet some young yam gets to plant the head on someone and gets away with it.....ironically, that was probably the easiest decision he had to make all day. Talk about making life hard for yourself.

The refs seem to have gone after O'Connor since the St J dive, lets see if they work things the other way and look to throw some game winning decisions in our favour.....I think not somehow.

Septimus
06-01-2012, 07:46 AM

Is there a "Hibs ref?"

mjhibby
06-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Even though we arent doing the business right now you have to say fenlon has had no luck at all.The well game is abandoned with us leading and even by mccallss account well being outplayed.Then the dons game when we lose to a pen that wasnt.Who knows what would have happened had we not lost the pen but id say we would have at least got the draw and now the derby debacle,where we possibly deserved to lose but had decisions gone our way we would at least had a draw and gained confidence from it.So we have lost at leat 2 points and maybe more through decisions.What gets me with the pawlett and mcgowan bans is that it has no material affect at all as the points have gone to those who shouldnt have got them and the clubs just replace the player with another.The pawlett penalty especially defied beief and for brown to defend him was laughable.
The dons one was vital as had we gone on to win the game the gap between us and them would have been down to 3 and of course we would have been away from the bottom and all the presures that brings.I hope the decisons even out over the season but somehow i doubt it.Right now we just have to win,however ugly,and just get up the league and look to the summer for major changes

Part/Time Supporter
06-01-2012, 08:28 AM
The guy is a dirty jambo, I did used to think he was a decent ref, but the derby really surprised me. How many of our players V's their players were booked for their first challange?! Yet some young yam gets to plant the head on someone and gets away with it.....ironically, that was probably the easiest decision he had to make all day. Talk about making life hard for yourself.

The refs seem to have gone after O'Connor since the St J dive, lets see if they work things the other way and look to throw some game winning decisions in our favour.....I think not somehow.

I think he was a good ref when he first reached the top level, but I think he had a broken leg and was out for about a year. Since then he has been poor at best. I don't think he was keeping up with the play on Monday.

Pre-injury, he was in line to be the top Scottish referee and get the big appointments (OF, internationals and so on). That's now settled on Thomson, and Collum is clearly going to replace him in 1-2 years. Murray is not going to reach that status and therefore doesn't have the same incentive to perform well (or fairly).

Chest Organs
06-01-2012, 09:55 AM
If we're going all Michael J Fox and Delorean changing the course of time what might the score have been if Murray did his job and Stack walks for denying a goal scoring chance? Penalty scored, 0 - 1 Hearts, full 45 mins against 10 men...:wink:

Part/Time Supporter
06-01-2012, 10:07 AM
If we're going all Michael J Fox and Delorean changing the course of time what might the score have been if Murray did his job and Stack walks for denying a goal scoring chance? Penalty scored, 0 - 1 Hearts, full 45 mins against 10 men...:wink:

Elliott had kicked the ball too far in front of himself for it to be a clear goalscoring opportunity.

StevieC
06-01-2012, 10:15 AM

Fair question, but with two defenders going towards the goal I don't think it would have been as clear cut if he had rounded Stack. I also think he would have struggled to reach the ball after his first touch if Stack hadn't caught him.
So in summary ..
Stack 50/50 for sending off
1st goal 100% offside
Head butt 100% sending off

I really don't think you have much of an argument.

matty_f
06-01-2012, 10:20 AM

:hilarious

SouthMoroccoStu
06-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Surely the integrity / competency of the referee has to be questioned now.

So during the game, he missed / ignored;

1. First half penalty claim (Webster against Griffiths)
2. Griffiths wrongly stopped for offside in the first half
3. Booking 3 Hibs player for first challenges.
4. Second half penalty claim (Webster AGAIN against O’Hanlon)
5. Constant diving and play-acting by the Hearts players (Black in particular)
6. Hearts first goal – interference by a player in an offside position
7. Head-Butt assault directly IN FRONT of the referee (McGowan against Sproule)
8. Hearts third goal offside.
9. Antics of the Hearts players ‘celebrating’ (inappropriate gestures) towards the Hibs fans.

This is why a KNOWN former HMFC ST holder to should not be allowed to referee the Edinburgh Derby.
And this isn’t that first time he has done this to us.
Would this be allowed in an Old Firm situation? I doubt it.

Rant over - maybe.

GGTTH

matty_f
06-01-2012, 10:54 AM

9. Antics of the Hearts players ‘celebrating’ (inappropriate gestures) towards the Hibs fans.

This is why a KNOWN former HMFC ST holder to should not be allowed to referee the Edinburgh Derby.

Rant over - maybe.

GGTTH

I think the ref certainly has a case to answer for some of his decisions in the game. All of the big decisions went Hearts' way.

Would say that your point no.8 is wrong though, you can't be offside from a goal kick.:wink:

1875er
06-01-2012, 10:56 AM

Rant over - maybe.

GGTTH

Can confirm this to be 100% correct....

SouthMoroccoStu
06-01-2012, 11:04 AM
I think the ref certainly has a case to answer for some of his decisions in the game. All of the big decisions went Hearts' way.

Would say that your point no.8 is wrong though, you can't be offside from a goal kick.:wink:

Can you confirm that he knew that rule FOR CERTAIN?

I think he just got lucky :wink:

matty_f
06-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Can you confirm that he knew that rule FOR CERTAIN?

I think he just got lucky :wink:

Given the performance of the ref and linesmen at the game, I wouldn't say with any degree of confidence that they knew any of the rules of the game of football, tbh.:greengrin

The_Famous_HFC
06-01-2012, 11:26 AM
McGowan deserves his 2 gave ban and I think he actually done Sproule a favour by distracting attention away from his initial challenge that could easily have led to a second yellow.

Part/Time Supporter
06-01-2012, 11:42 AM
McGowan deserves his 2 gave ban and I think he actually done Sproule a favour by distracting attention away from his initial challenge that could easily have led to a second yellow.

Sproule wasn't booked on Monday.

:confused:

Gatecrasher
06-01-2012, 12:04 PM

Rant over - maybe.

GGTTH

I'm sorry but if the bit in bold is true the SPL/SFA or who ever the ****ing decides who referees a game has some serious questions to answer this sort of thing makes Scottish football a Joke! Our board should contact said person and make a complaint.

SouthMoroccoStu
06-01-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm sorry but if the bit in bold is true the SPL/SFA or who ever the ****ing decides who referees a game has some serious questions to answer this sort of thing makes Scottish football a Joke! Our board should contact said person and make a complaint.

Admitted it himself in an interview conducted eariler in his career.....

doddsy
06-01-2012, 12:32 PM
i dont care what anyone says, that was to me one of the most blatantly biased towards hearts or against hibs (take your pick) ive seen for some time, he (calum murray) did not seem to care that it was so obvious and gave them every thing he could and next to nothing for us and ive been watching the hibs for around 35 years, it was shocking.

Gatecrasher
06-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Admitted it himself in an interview conducted eariler in his career.....
What an absolute Farce, but then again not all that shocked :rolleyes: