PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona Stadium Tour- Me's Que Un Club

HibbyDave
05-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Just done the Barce Stadium tour last week, It's fantastic! I especially liked a part where there was large electronic screens in a darkened hallway, the screens scrolled the thousands of names associated with Barce over the years.....Fans names/season ticket holders/sponsors etc in fact anyone who has helped the club in any way since they were established. The names scrolling were meant to represent a waterfall falling down through the years and pouring history etc onto a huge number of mini electronic picture cards "Planted below the screens" that flashed the photos of every player that has ever played for Barcelona. The effect was amazing and demonstrated the value that Barcelona place on the history of their relationship with their fans and players.
If you have the chance to visit Barcelona make sure you do the Tour. As an aside, the number of visitors annually to the stadium provides Barcelona with an incmoe of 20 MILLION EUROS per year!

PatHead
05-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Did you get a tour guide? When I went last year there were no guides and you were left to get on with it. Friends have told me they got a guide and I wondered if I had missed out on that by going later in the day or if they had stopped it. Was a great trip though and have a picture of me holding Champions League trophy. As I am unlikely to go back will have to wait until Hibs win it to get another chance to hold it again though!

HibbyDave
05-01-2012, 12:47 PM
The tour guide is a hand held audio set. We just went with the flow and read the little notices placed beside the exhibits etc. Did'nt get the photo taken as I thought 12 Euros for a photo (on top of 20 Euro admitance) was not worth it. Overall though defo a fantastc experiance and something anyone visiting Barcelona should do even if they are not fully into fitba.

Teo10
05-01-2012, 03:03 PM
I was there in October, watched them demolish Mallorca 5-0 with Messi scoring a 35 min hattrick:greengrin. Did the tour the day after, I will never forget that trip, the stadium itself is amazing and as you say watching the screens inside, getting to hold the Champs League trophy and watching the re-runs of all their famous victories etc, was just unreal!

You dont realise as they say, they are more than just a club, its a family!