Gary Twigg aswell

Cletus
04-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Farad el alagui. Falkirk after 100k.
Stephen Hughes.
Jamie murphy, well after 400k plus add ons

Sergeant Hibs
04-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I actually heard from my work mate that we were looking at an ex Bolton winger and he was on trial not sure if its ball locks or not though

hibsboy90
04-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Stephen Hughes.

Would get me excited!

archiebald
05-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Dougie Imrie + Nicky Riley ?

SteveHFC
05-01-2012, 12:28 AM
http://www.hibsrumours.co.uk/

Mustapha Riga ex Bolton. Hmm

Been mustapha regal lately watching hibs :greengrin

On wikipedia

On 28th September 2011 he played as a trialist, along with QPR (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/QPR)'s Lee Cook (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Lee_Cook) for Nottingham Forest (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Nottingham_Forest)'s reserve team Expecting to sign for Hibernian FC of Edinburgh during the January transfer window.

matty_f
05-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Never one to be overly negative about the Hibs, but if the names being bandied about are Hibs' masterplan to get us out of this mess, then I'm genuinely concerned about our SPL status. There is not one of them that doesn't scream out 'much the same standard as we've been signing for the last 5 years', and as such we really can't expect an upturn in performances.

Come on Hibs, this is your one chance to put things right, to excite the fans, to save the season, to put a product on the park to reverse the slide and get punters buying season tickets again for next season.

For God's sake, don't **** it up by repeating the same mistakes again and again and again.

DAVE1875
05-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Never one to be overly negative about the Hibs, but if the names being bandied about are Hibs' masterplan to get us out of this mess, then I'm genuinely concerned about our SPL status. There is not one of them that doesn't scream out 'much the same standard as we've been signing for the last 5 years', and as such we really can't expect an upturn in performances.

Come on Hibs, this is your one chance to put things right, to excite the fans, to save the season, to put a product on the park to reverse the slide and get punters buying season tickets again for next season.

For God's sake, don't **** it up by repeating the same mistakes again and again and again.

That's the thing about football though mate; You could have a player who isn't highly rated in the championship or league 1/2 come to the SPL and become and instant hit. Or, with the case of Kris Boyd for example, a player he scores for fun in the SPL move to the Championship and basically turns into Fernando Torres or Andy Carroll.

I say give them a chance to see what they can do, if it turns out we've made a mistake I sure hope Hibs learn from it

Aldo
05-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Stephen Hughes.

Murphy absolutely no chance in hell that will happen. Worth double that and some.

Let's get real here . Yes it's good to hope

Hibee87
05-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Murphy absolutely no chance in hell that will happen. Worth double that and some.

Let's get real here . Yes it's good to hope

Also just about to break into the scotland team why would he scupper his chances by coming to hibs :wink:

HFC 0-7
05-01-2012, 08:18 AM
That's the thing about football though mate; You could have a player who isn't highly rated in the championship or league 1/2 come to the SPL and become and instant hit. Or, with the case of Kris Boyd for example, a player he scores for fun in the SPL move to the Championship and basically turns into Fernando Torres or Andy Carroll.

I say give them a chance to see what they can do, if it turns out we've made a mistake I sure hope Hibs learn from it

Hibs have been making the mistake for a good few seasons now and they are not working out. Hibs have been relegated in recent times and should have learned from it then. With the possibility of relegation being so real, Hibs cant 'hope for the best' with some of these players. You are right that in football some things dont turn out right, but would you say there is more chance of a lower league player in England not making it at hibs or a player that comes with pedigree and experience? I would say that for every 10 players we buy from the lower leagues about only 1 really make it, the rest get moved on quick. When you look over the seasons at when Hibs have spent money to get players or when they sign someone with pedigree it normally works out.

This is not a time to be taking chances on players that may be alright in the SPL, this is the time that we take chances on players that will more than likely play well in this league.

BEEJ
05-01-2012, 08:20 AM

:agree:

I'm hoping that the identities of our actual signing targets in this window are being kept hidden (:hide:) from the attentions of the media and that we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Beefster
05-01-2012, 08:27 AM

I'm not sure why you suddenly expect things to change, Matty.

We were at danger of relegation last January and while we signed a few players, it was loans and 6-18 month contracts in the main. We needed drastic surgery in the summer and it was loans and short-term contracts again.

There was lots of chat about how we needed an inspirational new manager to unite the fans. When Fenlon was first mentioned, we responded with a collective 'meh'. He may turn out to be the right appointment but it's debatable whether he's inspirational.

There isn't the will or the ability within the Board to change the way that the club operates IMHO.

leithsansiro
05-01-2012, 08:29 AM
This site is total rubbish. It was split half and half between those who believed that Hibs were about to be bought over by Red Bull, yet it was classed as "unbelievable" that Towell was leaving :confused:

Beefster
05-01-2012, 08:30 AM
This site is total rubbish. It was split half and half between those who believed that Hibs were about to be bought over by Red Bull, yet it was classed as "unbelievable" that Towell was leaving :confused:

I think H&M is rubbish so I just don't go there.

down the slope
05-01-2012, 08:31 AM
As a team we are riddled with below average players and it would be the utmost folly to take chances with players that are not at least of SPL quality. We are in the last chance saloon and the next month will show the level of ambition of the board, get it wrong and we will be in the SFL for years make no mistake. My bet is they will go for lower league players as the board have shown in the past this is where value can be had but this is not the time to gamble .

Cropley10
05-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Hibs have been making the mistake for a good few seasons now and they are not working out. Hibs have been relegated in recent times and should have learned from it then. With the possibility of relegation being so real, Hibs cant 'hope for the best' with some of these players. You are right that in football some things dont turn out right, but would you say there is more chance of a lower league player in England not making it at hibs or a player that comes with pedigree and experience? I would say that for every 10 players we buy from the lower leagues about only 1 really make it, the rest get moved on quick. When you look over the seasons at when Hibs have spent money to get players or when they sign someone with pedigree it normally works out.

This is not a time to be taking chances on players that may be alright in the SPL, this is the time that we take chances on players that will morel than likely play well in this league.

It's nowhere near 1 in 10 players who make it at Hibs. Stokes was the last player who 'made it'.

The rest come, play or don't play, then drift off in to even lower reaches of football.

It's ever decreasing circles in terms of recruitment and has been since Stokes.

Ryan69
05-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Think youll find that only OP believed it.

If you dont like .net.....You know what todo!

Sherlock Jones
05-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Think youll find that only OP believed it.

If you dont like .net.....You know what todo!

Pretty sure he's talking about the 'rumours' site :wink:

California-Hibs
05-01-2012, 09:07 AM
I would love us to sign this Mustapha Riga chap. Check out a few youtube videos of him, the guy looks outstanding! Brilliant skill, control and finishing. Doubt we'd be able to get a guy of this kind of quality but he could be a potential hero if we did..

:agree:

ScottB
05-01-2012, 09:18 AM

Winning will excite the fans, and to do that we need the players the manager wants, not some name that will spike interest in the short term, but do nothing for us if they aren't the right player.

I couldn't care less who the players are, where they've come from or how good their websites are... As long as they win!

Cropley10
05-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Winning will excite the fans, and to do that we need the players the manager wants, not some name that will spike interest in the short term, but do nothing for us if they aren't the right player.

I couldn't care less who the players are, where they've come from or how good their websites are... As long as they win!

Who was the last player we signed who did just that?

Andy74
05-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Who was the last player we signed who did just that?

It's a team that wins and we need to let him put together a team. Who the individuals are I don't care.

matty_f
05-01-2012, 09:57 AM

In an ideal world I'd agree with you Scott, but can you honestly say that our signing policy has been anywhere close to a success over the last few years? It's been seriously flawed and it's left us with a number of sub-standard players, and players who we've had to release and replace over and over.

It's a false economy - rather than continually spending a decent amount on average players, we should spend a bit more on players we can either keep on at the club for a few years, or sell to be able to re-invest.

PatHead
05-01-2012, 10:05 AM
People keep saying we should be looking around the lower reaches of England, top of Ireland and possibly Scottish Leagues for potential.

With the exception of Deek and John Rankine who have we signed from the SPL over the last few years. I believe we need some experienced players who have developed at other SPL clubs and would see Hibs as a step up to form a core of the side and add existing/new signings to this.

Geo_1875
05-01-2012, 10:17 AM
People keep saying we should be looking around the lower reaches of England, top of Ireland and possibly Scottish Leagues for potential.

With the exception of Deek and John Rankine who have we signed from the SPL over the last few years. I believe we need some experienced players who have developed at other SPL clubs and would see Hibs as a step up to form a core of the side and add existing/new signings to this.

So do we offer an SPL club £500k for one of their better performers and double their wages for 3 years? We'd need to do this for 3 or 4 players. Or do we just look for out of contract "stars" and offer better wages than their current team or any other team that wants them. We could suddenly increase the debt by £3-4m with no guarantee of success. I can't see that that is the best way forward. We've got posters on here who reckon our team is full of duds. Would 7 duds and 4 decent players make us better to watch?

PatHead
05-01-2012, 10:33 AM
So do we offer an SPL club £500k for one of their better performers and double their wages for 3 years? We'd need to do this for 3 or 4 players. Or do we just look for out of contract "stars" and offer better wages than their current team or any other team that wants them. We could suddenly increase the debt by £3-4m with no guarantee of success. I can't see that that is the best way forward. We've got posters on here who reckon our team is full of duds. Would 7 duds and 4 decent players make us better to watch?

We would not need to pay £500k for most of these players. The likes of Danny Swanston is out of contract in the summer which means he would cost nothing like £500k. What our team is lacking is leadership and a solid spine. We can only get this by signing experienced players and building around it. The likes of McPake has been bandied around for £150k, has SPL experience, so would fit the bill. An Ian Black type of player is essential for our midfield, doubt he would cost £500k when Eggert Johnson went for £300,000 so you don't need to spend millions on SPL players to improve our side.

As I have mentioned on other threads, unlike most of our competitors, we very rarely sign players from other SPL teams a market we know but seem to get players who are unproven.

In answer to your final point, it might not make us a better team to watch in the short term but it may keep us up which is our short term objective.

Part/Time Supporter
05-01-2012, 10:52 AM

If you're going as far back as Rankin (January 2008):

Ian Murray
Colin Nish
Sol Bamba
Mark Brown
Michael Hart
Liam Miller
Anthony Stokes
Kevin McBride
Patrick Cregg
Garry O'Connor
Ivan Sproule

Were all proven SPL players signed by Hibs (at least to some extent). Some of them were signed directly from other SPL clubs.

ScottB
05-01-2012, 11:00 AM
In an ideal world I'd agree with you Scott, but can you honestly say that our signing policy has been anywhere close to a success over the last few years? It's been seriously flawed and it's left us with a number of sub-standard players, and players who we've had to release and replace over and over.

It's a false economy - rather than continually spending a decent amount on average players, we should spend a bit more on players we can either keep on at the club for a few years, or sell to be able to re-invest.

No I don't, but then in the past we've out to sign 'names' from big clubs that people got excited over till they tried to kick / catch a ball (O'Brien, Maka et all), or signed players from total obscurity who people have written off before they've even been on a pitch (Sproule, Boozy etc) and turned out to be fantastic.

My point was that a signing in itself isn't inspirational if they don't perform. If we sign players who do the job, it doesn't matter if they've come from Manchester United or Albion Rovers, they will only inspire the fans if they perform.

For me our ultimate aim should be to pick up the gems from the lower levels, as other clubs often do, particularly Hearts and Dundee United, as that's where the resale value is, spending a bit more than we are now, you're still looking at players who have failed at a higher level and are floating back down. I'd much prefer a team of hungry young guys on the way up. The Liam Miller type player is rarely going to be an asset to sell, and comes with a truck load of baggage.

matty_f
05-01-2012, 11:02 AM
No I don't, but then in the past we've out to sign 'names' from big clubs that people got excited over till they tried to kick / catch a ball (O'Brien, Maka et all), or signed players from total obscurity who people have written off before they've even been on a pitch (Sproule, Boozy etc) and turned out to be fantastic.

My point was that a signing in itself isn't inspirational if they don't perform. If we sign players who do the job, it doesn't matter if they've come from Manchester United or Albion Rovers, they will only inspire the fans if they perform.

For me our ultimate aim should be to pick up the gems from the lower levels, as other clubs often do, particularly Hearts and Dundee United, as that's where the resale value is, spending a bit more than we are now, you're still looking at players who have failed at a higher level and are floating back down. I'd much prefer a team of hungry young guys on the way up. The Liam Miller type player is rarely going to be an asset to sell, and comes with a truck load of baggage.

It would be brilliant if we could pick up the gems, but realistically we're looking at post John Collins since we made one of those signings. I don't have the slightest bit of faith in our scouting network to find these gems.

PatHead
05-01-2012, 11:14 AM
If you're going as far back as Rankin (January 2008):

Ian Murray
Colin Nish
Sol Bamba
Mark Brown
Michael Hart
Liam Miller
Anthony Stokes
Kevin McBride
Patrick Cregg
Garry O'Connor
Ivan Sproule

Were all proven SPL players signed by Hibs (at least to some extent). Some of them were signed directly from other SPL clubs.

With the exception of Bamba (who I think was in the First Division by then) I don't think a fee was paid for any of these players which means we haven't paid a fee for an SPL player in long enough and scraped around the Bosman market for too long.

Sweep
05-01-2012, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=Ryan69;3063206]Think youll find that only OP believed it.

If you dont like .net.....You know what todo![/QUOTE

No I didnt believe it, I just wanted to make a joke about needing a ciggy whilst watchin Hibs. The site is a RUMOURS site and most should be taken with a pinch of salt, but rumours are exactly what it says on the tin.

RickyS
05-01-2012, 11:21 AM
With the exception of Bamba (who I think was in the First Division by then) I don't think a fee was paid for any of these players which means we haven't paid a fee for an SPL player in long enough and scraped around the Bosman market for too long.

Nish was a bargain at 100k

ScottB
05-01-2012, 11:22 AM
It would be brilliant if we could pick up the gems, but realistically we're looking at post John Collins since we made one of those signings. I don't have the slightest bit of faith in our scouting network to find these gems.

Our Scouting network really needs to be looked at indeed!

Stokes cost money as well.

Not that there is anything wrong with frees, given that we can afford to pay them higher wages we should be able to attract a better player than spending some of that budget on a transfer fee...

Peevemor
05-01-2012, 11:27 AM

Fees are irrelevant these days when it comes to Hibs bringing in players. We might pay them to buy out the end of a player's contract during the January window (eg. Nish), or maybe a development fee when signing an out of contract youngster, but outwith that they don't really apply to the market we're in. Players who are contracted to other clubs and are "catching the eye" generally run down their contracts meaning they can move for free and get a better deal (more dosh) for themselves or they are sold to English teams where they will be paid far more than we can afford.

The majority of teams in the SPL are in the same boat. The Bosman ruling, although fair, has ruined the game in Scotland due to our tv revenue being miniscule compared to other leagues.

Dombie
05-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Mindungous (sic) been dumped after one training session, move ruled out for Blackman. No o,Connor bids.

From twitter.

GreenPJ
05-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Mindungous (sic) been dumped after one training session, move ruled out for Blackman. No o,Connor bids.

From twitter.

Good

S.sct
05-01-2012, 01:04 PM
I think we all need to get real on signing policy. Neither Hibs or any other Scottish team (maybe except for Celtic) can or will pay any transfer fee (apart from a nominal sum). Yes, there has been poor signings in the past but that's where the manager earns his money buy having a good network and ability to spot something in a player and develop his potential. This will mean looking at guys in lower English leagues or top Irish teams because these players will be afordable. There is absolutely no point in busting the wage structure and returning to the big cuts to the budget we endured post the McCleish era. Sorry we have to get real.

PeterboroHibee
05-01-2012, 01:18 PM

He would well be worth a punt imo, scored something crazy for Falkirk like 19 goals in 22 games (including 2 against Rangers and 1 against United). Only on a 1 year deal with Falkirk so could get him on a precontract then offer a little bit of cash.

Obviously he would be making a step up to the SPL but he has been banging them in, and I also saw him against United in their cup game and he was excellent, gave their CBs a difficult time for the entire game.

Speedway
05-01-2012, 01:30 PM
We're in advanced talks with FC Bochum's Guy Withbeerdt who plays at CentreBack.

Aldo
05-01-2012, 01:37 PM
We're in advanced talks with FC Bochum's Guy Withbeerdt who plays at CentreBack.

No be a close shave if we get him speeders

Cropley10
05-01-2012, 01:44 PM

From twitter.

Whose Twitter?

IWasThere2016
05-01-2012, 01:48 PM

I've heard similar whiskers :wink:

Aldo
05-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Whose Twitter?

That's a bit of a personal question is it not crops. (I had a look but couldn't find nowt.) ;-)

Aldo
05-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Soccer sauce??? Is staying on Twitter that Gary Twigg is PF top target.

Must be in a par with Football rumours website.

JeMeSouviens
05-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Whose Twitter?

Scott Burns, Daily Express.

Aldo
05-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Apparantly the Lith guy is 6 to 8 weeks short of being match fit. Hence he won't be signing.

scott_hfc1875
05-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Apparantly the Lith guy is 6 to 8 weeks short of being match fit. Hence he won't be signing.

i know that means he wont be availible straight away but after hearing about the bohs fans talking him up why are we not allowing him to stay and train and prove himself

Feed McGraw
05-01-2012, 02:21 PM

Would Gillette us know if he signs.

Cropley10
05-01-2012, 02:22 PM
That's a bit of a personal question is it not crops. (I had a look but couldn't find nowt.) ;-)

Jeezo, I'm getting it tight today :greengrin - just thought they were interesting comments:greengrin

Scott Burns, Daily Express.

You see I knew someone would know!

scuttle
05-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Stop acting the Goatee

Aldo
05-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Jeezo, I'm getting it tight today :greengrin - just thought they were interesting comments:greengrin

You see I knew someone would know!

Maybe cos you've been grumpy??? Only what I been reading mind you (your posts) ;-)

scott7_0(Prague)
05-01-2012, 02:30 PM
i know that means he wont be availible straight away but after hearing about the bohs fans talking him up why are we not allowing him to stay and train and prove himself

So just sign him in the summer. tie him up on a pre-contract.

Walter
05-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Stop acting the Goatee

In all seriousness, when did we last have a good beardo who could strike fear into our opponents hearts?

BEEJ
05-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Would Gillette us know if he signs.
:cup:

That wins first prize for 'best pun so far on this thread'.

:greengrin

scuttle
05-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Heard hes a BRUT of a man

Sylar
05-01-2012, 02:44 PM

Sorry, but moustache you to stop it with the bloody puns already!

Feed McGraw
05-01-2012, 02:49 PM
:cup:

That wins first prize for 'best pun so far on this thread'.

Thanks for that BEEJ,glad you appreciated it. To think I nearly went with : " Hibs should steer clear of him, I`ve heard he`s caused stubble everywhere he`s been." :greengrin

BEEJ
05-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Thanks for that BEEJ,glad you appreciated it. To think I nearly went with : " Hibs should steer clear of him, I`ve heard he`s caused stubble everywhere he`s been." :greengrin
You were doing well there.

Now you've just gone and ruined it! :greengrin

DAVE1875
05-01-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm getting beard of all these puns

Feed McGraw
05-01-2012, 02:53 PM
You were doing well there.

Now you've just gone and ruined it! :greengrin

No more, I promise. I`m off to read what Scott Sideburns is tweeting on twitter.

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Heard we are after canadian international Don Kiddick. :dunno:

Aldo
05-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Heard we are after canadian international Don Kiddick. :dunno:

Was wondering how long it was before it reared it's head again!! ;-)

SteveHFC
05-01-2012, 03:46 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7413211/Sutton-to-leave-Hearts
(http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7413211/Sutton-to-leave-Hearts)
"DAFC are trying to sign James McPake ahead of Hibs" <--- from Mark Benstead's Twitter account ( @markbenstead).

Aldo
05-01-2012, 04:04 PM
"DAFC are trying to sign James McPake ahead of Hibs" <--- from Mark Benstead's Twitter account ( @markbenstead).

We shall see. Think he would be a very good addition to our team.

Aldo
05-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Meant to say both Sutton and McPakw would make good additions.

JimBHibees
05-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Meant to say both Sutton and McPakw would make good additions.

There is no way on this earth Hearts would loan a player to Hibs so Sutton is a nonstarter.

proud_and_green
05-01-2012, 05:15 PM

I agree, we need an inspired signing. One who will inspire the team, provide some skill and confidence and lead the team as well as inspire the fans to come back to ER.

That sort of signing is in the league of Sauzee. We do not have any leaders in the team and whilst i think the issues around full backs, midfielders and strikers are real and need to be tackled the leader on the park is probably the most pressing!

Of course the danger of bringing in a high profile player is that we disturb the balance, but that may not be a bad thing. Another problem could be that person may just end up being a wage thief who is just looking for pocket money.

Bostonhibby
05-01-2012, 05:31 PM
In all seriousness, when did we last have a good beardo who could strike fear into our opponents hearts?

We could go for Brian Blessed, he meets most criteria I think, and he can't be that far of the required fitness standard, or the giant beardo that plays egg chasing for England - frightens me and probably as good a bet as most of the speculation I have been hearing.

erin go bragh
05-01-2012, 06:32 PM
I agree, we need an inspired signing. One who will inspire the team, provide some skill and confidence and lead the team as well as inspire the fans to come back to ER.

That sort of signing is in the league of Sauzee. We do not have any leaders in the team and whilst i think the issues around full backs, midfielders and strikers are real and need to be tackled the leader on the park is probably the most pressing!

Of course the danger of bringing in a high profile player is that we disturb the balance, but that may not be a bad thing. Another problem could be that person may just end up being a wage thief who is just looking for pocket money.

We are crying out for a creative midfielder , Eremenko who was at killie last season would certainly fit the bill but not sure where he went , but the guy was a class act .

ggtth

DaveF
05-01-2012, 06:38 PM
We are crying out for a creative midfielder , Eremenko who was at killie last season would certainly fit the bill but not sure where he went , but the guy was a class act

Pretty sure I saw him play for Ruben Kazan in the Europa League against Spurs a few months back. He won't be coming anywhere near ER :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
05-01-2012, 06:48 PM

Theyll no doubt offer better wages/a better deal than Hibs...

BEEJ
05-01-2012, 06:51 PM
There is no way on this earth Hearts would loan a player to Hibs so Sutton is a nonstarter.
I read somewhere that Sutton has been told he can leave the PBS.

Pretty Boy
05-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Pretty sure I saw him play for Ruben Kazan in the Europa League against Spurs a few months back. He won't be coming anywhere near ER :greengrin

Maybe getting the chance to play alongside Rivaldo would be enough to tempt him?

proud_and_green
05-01-2012, 06:52 PM

The thing is the club has to make an inspired signing and show some ambition along the lines of Sauzee, Best, Archibald etc. Make the club special again, push the boundaries and bring in the experienced talent.

EVENTUALLY
05-01-2012, 06:57 PM
We are crying out for a creative midfielder , Eremenko who was at killie last season would certainly fit the bill but not sure where he went , but the guy was a class act .

ggtth

Crocked with a bad cruciate injury at the moment. He'll be out for a year.

Pretty Boy
05-01-2012, 06:59 PM
The thing is the club has to make an inspired signing and show some ambition along the lines of Sauzee, Best, Archibald etc. Make the club special again, push the boundaries and bring in the experienced talent.

Eremenko will be on 15k a week plus in Russia.

I agree we need a player to get fans excited but someone at a top Russian side who would cost a fee and a fortune in wages isn't going to happen.

down the slope
05-01-2012, 06:59 PM

I agree with all you have said but i wouldnae worry about disturbing the balance , we have none !.

BEEJ
05-01-2012, 07:06 PM

I agree we need a player to get fans excited but someone at a top Russian side who would cost a fee and a fortune in wages isn't going to happen.
:eek:

It does make you wonder how Mixu managed to get him to play at Rugby Park for a year and what proportion of that kind of salary Killie would have been paying.

JimBHibees
05-01-2012, 07:06 PM
I read somewhere that Sutton has been told he can leave the PBS.

Only on loan it has been reported on Sky sports. They may be wrong of course.

euro Hibby
05-01-2012, 07:07 PM
I can't see the club pushing the boat out as it would go against the business model which they seem to adopt. Besides, expericed players and wanted players are not so easy to dig up. Probably a change is needed in approach by the club as we have slipped back into building debt again after 5 good of profit and in which at least in two years we saw some good football.
I beg to wonder what the cost was for changing 9 managers in 10 years, if that is correct and I wonder how the team seems to last 60 minutes before capitualting..........For sure as a club we have done good things to get the infrastructure right but that as many point out has come at a high cost because the end product has steadily got worse and the football management can be questioned! I for one am not expecting big name players. The objective needs to be to steady the ship , stay up and be ready for next season.

PeterboroHibee
05-01-2012, 07:09 PM

Who do you suggest we get then?

Hibs, as with nearly all Scottish clubs, are in a position where they can barely match the wages of the lower leagues of England, let alone make a big signing, but if you make sensible signings, boys who are experienced in the SPL and are hungry to play, things can work (eg Dundee United). Rankin gets a hard time on here, and he wasnt great for us, but all of my United fans love him, say he does all the simple things and runs their midfield. People can argue all they like about him but hes clearly doing well at a much better team than Hibs.

What you dont want is what Hibs have been doing, signing absolute crap from random leagues in Europe, reserve players, boys that are past their best etc.

Pretty Boy
05-01-2012, 07:15 PM
:eek:

It does make you wonder how Mixu managed to get him to play at Rugby Park for a year and what proportion of that kind of salary Killie would have been paying.

At the time he went to Killie he was far from a regualr at Metalist and had already been out on loan. The fact he had some kind of pre existing relationship with Mixu probably helped matters too.

I have no idea what Killie paid towards his wages bit Rubin Kazan have serious financial backing and when you look at how much Garry O'Connor was making in Russia its hard to see how Hibs could tempt Eremenko or a similar player.

Iggy Pope
05-01-2012, 07:19 PM

I'll give you Sauzee but George Best? Special as it was (and I loved it at the time) we were relegated that season regardless.

BEEJ
05-01-2012, 07:21 PM
At the time he went to Killie he was far from a regualr at Metalist and had already been out on loan. The fact he had some kind of pre existing relationship with Mixu probably helped matters too.

I have no idea what Killie paid towards his wages bit Rubin Kazan have serious financial backing and when you look at how much Garry O'Connor was making in Russia its hard to see how Hibs could tempt Eremenko or a similar player.
He's definitely out of our 'league' now.

Just wondering how his Killie sabbatical was funded and whether he would ever have been in our financial league, even in previous seasons.

Pretty Boy
05-01-2012, 07:25 PM
He's definitely out of our 'league' now.

Just wondering how his Killie sabbatical was funded and whether he would ever have been in our financial league, even in previous seasons.

There was certainly rumour that Mixu asked Hibs to fund a move somewhere in the region of 3-400K for him and this was turned down by the board. Whether this is true or not I have no idea.

silverhibee
05-01-2012, 07:43 PM

Nothing i heard.

Barney McGrew
05-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Theyll no doubt offer better wages/a better deal than Hibs...

And you know this based on what exactly?

monktonharp
05-01-2012, 08:12 PM

With the exception of Deek and John Rankine who have we signed from the SPL over the last few years. I believe we need some experienced players who have developed at other SPL clubs and would see Hibs as a step up to form a core of the side and add existing/new signings to this.:agree:looking a long way back, I think that's what built Turbull's team, however things are a bit different now re-agents forcing the issue to get their 10% and bringing players in from anywhere. I dont think any Scottish team manager sits down and says, right: I'm gonna bring in six good quality players from opposing teams, and build a good side for my club, and at the same time demoralise the opposition

.Sean.
05-01-2012, 08:15 PM

I'm sure he was earning more than that whilst at Killie, obviously Kilmarnock were only paying a fraction of that.

nortonhibby
05-01-2012, 08:21 PM
What we need is a statement of intent we need to sign SW Back from Wolves RP Get the cheque book out and make a statement.:flag:

Peevemor
05-01-2012, 08:40 PM
What we need is a statement of intent we need to sign SW Back from Wolves RP Get the cheque book out and make a statement.:flag:

Who?

You're talking even more pish than usual. :yawn:

bigwheel
05-01-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm sure he was earning more than that whilst at Killie, obviously Kilmarnock were only paying a fraction of that.
He's also out for the season with a cruciate injury!

Row H
05-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Who?

You're talking even more pish than usual. :yawn:

And that's saying something.

proud_and_green
05-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Who do you suggest we get then?

Hibs, as with nearly all Scottish clubs, are in a position where they can barely match the wages of the lower leagues of England, let alone make a big signing, but if you make sensible signings, boys who are experienced in the SPL and are hungry to play, things can work (eg Dundee United). Rankin gets a hard time on here, and he wasnt great for us, but all of my United fans love him, say he does all the simple things and runs their midfield. People can argue all they like about him but hes clearly doing well at a much better team than Hibs.

What you dont want is what Hibs have been doing, signing absolute crap from random leagues in Europe, reserve players, boys that are past their best etc.

that is the 64,000 dollar question and one which managers all over are trying to answer. I accept the ppoint about our ability to pay the wages and i am not suggest we follow the Hearts model but i think there is definitely cause for pushing the boat out and bring in a few quality signings, it sure as hell has not worked out with some of the cheaper ones.

And for the record, i was never a rankin basher i think he did some good work for us.

SteveHFC
06-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Mustapha Riga signing to be announced on Monday morning

celtic fan from Dublin here and gary deegan is an in-law and very unhappy @ coventry! heard nutsy fenlon wants to manage him again and gary wants him to!

http://www.hibsrumours.co.uk/index.htm

bighairyfaeleith
06-01-2012, 01:04 PM

celtic fan from Dublin here and gary deegan is an in-law and very unhappy @ coventry! heard nutsy fenlon wants to manage him again and gary wants him to!

Be happy with either of those from what I have read, anyone got any real knowledge of them?

BigBamba
06-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Be happy with either of those from what I have read, anyone got any real knowledge of them?

Not seen either of them, but mustapha riga seems to have a decent pedigree.

Aldo
06-01-2012, 01:17 PM
This has been taken from the football rumours website!!!!!

Is that site not a pile o pants??

We're getting pretty desperate are we not??

FWIW would have them both.

bighairyfaeleith
06-01-2012, 01:21 PM
This has been taken from the football rumours website!!!!!

Is that site not a pile o pants??

We're getting pretty desperate are we not??

FWIW would have them both.

probably as pants as this place for rumours:greengrin

Aldo
06-01-2012, 01:28 PM
probably as pants as this place for rumours:greengrin

Agreed

Cropley10
06-01-2012, 02:41 PM

Deegan is known as the Pitbull... a centre mid apparently...

darwenhibby
06-01-2012, 02:50 PM
On the McPake, thing, a mate of mine who is a big Coventry fans says he would be a good signing for Hibs.

He was given a 1yr extension on his contract down there and is just homesick.

With regards to injuries a good run at first team football would be able to iron out the silly niggly injuries he picks up.

He says he is the no nonsense centre half we need who will put his neck on the line.

At 27 probably the right age.

PeterboroHibee
06-01-2012, 03:14 PM
On the McPake, thing, a mate of mine who is a big Coventry fans says he would be a good signing for Hibs.

With regards to injuries a good run at first team football would be able to iron out the silly niggly injuries he picks up.

He says he is the no nonsense centre half we need who will put his neck on the line.

I know a Livi fan who says exactly the same. Gives 100% and will throw himself in front of everything. Just a career badly affected by injury, which does concern me, resting our hopes on a CB who could be crocked at any moment.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2012, 04:07 PM
I know a Livi fan who says exactly the same. Gives 100% and will throw himself in front of everything. Just a career badly affected by injury, which does concern me, resting our hopes on a CB who could be crocked at any moment.

Could maybe share the season with Murray then? :wink:

Craig_in_Prague
06-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Not seen either of them, but mustapha riga seems to have a decent pedigree.

we`d be barking mad then not to be interested. So long as he copes with the woof ball at ER.

dirtydirk
06-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Gavin rae is available for free - would probably be better than Paulsson in midfield for us. I would happily take him and hughes. Both half decent experienced spl players

PeterboroHibee
06-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Gavin rae is available for free - would probably be better than Paulsson in midfield for us. I would happily take him and hughes. Both half decent experienced spl players

Hes quite old no? Would still be better than the current midfielders at least.

I see Aberdeen have signed Reynolds and Anderson, why can we never get players like that? Both experienced SPL players, Reynolds left Motherwell with a very good reputation and Anderson, whilst having problems with injuries, will add alot of experience. Those 2 in our defence would make a massive difference.

hibee92
06-01-2012, 05:15 PM
FWIW gary deegan is different class on football manager :greengrin

Cropley10
06-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Hes quite old no? Would still be better than the current midfielders at least.

I see Aberdeen have signed Reynolds and Anderson, why can we never get players like that? Both experienced SPL players, Reynolds left Motherwell with a very good reputation and Anderson, whilst having problems with injuries, will add alot of experience. Those 2 in our defence would make a massive difference.

Didn't Anderson promise to go back to Aberdeen? Family ties an aw that?

Aldo
06-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Didn't Anderson promise to go back to Aberdeen? Family ties an aw that?

TBH A fully fit Anderson can play at a higher level however he is very injury prone and played 10 or so games in about 3 years.

No Ta.

scoopyboy
06-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Deegan has recently returned to Coventry first team.

Scored winner against Bristol City on Boxing Day. Played in the 2-0 win against Brighton in the next game and then in the 1-0 away defeat to West Ham.

Midfield player / hard man who previously played for PF at Bohemians.

Would take him in a minute but can't see Coventry letting him go.

Iggy Pope
06-01-2012, 08:32 PM

Now I am not doubting you, but was he not out for a long spell with a broken back?????
Sounds like a wee bit more than a niggle and if this is just a niggle to him, then he sounds like the ****er we need!

Hibeesmad
13-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Chick young said yesterday that jonny Hayes and Kari arnason could be on there way to hibs after better deal offered than Aberdeen! And big rumours that Ian black to hibs....also heard Danny Swanson is a done deal?

Thoughts and any news or rumours!!!

frazeHFC
13-05-2012, 11:13 PM
I think we could get Swanson. I would defo take Arnason and Hayes. No way would Black be welcome anywhere near our club imo!

hibeemikey21
13-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Hayes - possibly but I would have thought he could get a better deal down south

Arnason - again, possible but hopefully we could do better

Black - no chance of that happening

Swanson - likely. Should have a pay as you play set up with him I reckon

JohnStephens91
13-05-2012, 11:19 PM
If Black comes anywhere near the Easter Road pitch it better be in the colours of the opposition. No way in hell could I support him, he is a wee pr!ck and I'm sure loads of others agree. Pretty sure he is away down south anyway.

The Green Goblin
13-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Could Hibs ask Hearts to "rest" Black on Saturday, because he's signing for us, like Celtic may or may not have done with Skacel? ;-)

SteveHFC
13-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Hayes - :top marks

Arnason - :aok:

Black - :yw:

Swanson - :top marks
I will use .Net smiles to review the possible signings :cb

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I'd take them all, they are all better than what we currently have, but thats not saying we will get any of them.

When this season ends, we really are up **** creek without a paddle. We will be left with all the dross that had us in the deep stuff, Kujabi and Doyle are permanent deals but the rest are all loans.

Hopefully we can keep a couple, we know what 2 i mean, but Paddy has a major rebuilding job in the summer.

Littlest Hobo
13-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Ian Black at Hibs? **** off!!

He's off down south to Burnley or some ****hole like that I've heard.

Penicuik Hibee
13-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Black may be a jambo & a hot head, but he is exactly what we lack at the moment. He has controlled the previous derby matches. I hope he is out of the final as he has been carrying an injury

Don't know enough about Arnison to comment. Swanson would be a good signing if fit.

Jonnyboy
13-05-2012, 11:26 PM
I'd take them all, they are all better than what we currently have, but thats not saying we will get any of them.

When this season ends, we really are up **** creek without a paddle. We will be left with all the dross that had us in the deep stuff, Kujabi and Doyle are permanent deals but the rest are all loans.

Hopefully we can keep a couple, we know what 2 i mean, but Paddy has a major rebuilding job in the summer.

:agree: All those extra season ticket sales should help G :greengrin

Hibeesmad
13-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Apparently a guy on Facebook called Paul harthill was talking to Ian blacks wife on Facebook and she has confirmed it or something along them lines.....it's on Facebook 'hearts or hibs- you decide'

frazeHFC
13-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Apparently a guy on Facebook called Paul harthill was talking to Ian blacks wife on Facebook and she has confirmed it or something along them lines.....it's on Facebook 'hearts or hibs- you decide'

I'll decide, and it's a no no.

SteveHFC
13-05-2012, 11:40 PM
it's on Facebook 'hearts or hibs- you decide'

I cant believe i am typing this, even more cant believe that i have been told this but blackie is to sign a pre contract with hibs and will transfer straight to hibs after his contract runs out at hearts!! ****ing gutted! anyone wanna come to mines and well go to his for amass protest? cant let him go to hibs, his dad played for hearts and hibs he sees it as following in his footsteps!!!! Looks like Mroweic to hibs also. Pisser!

From the facebook page!

Jonnyboy
13-05-2012, 11:42 PM
I cant believe i am typing this, even more cant believe that i have been told this but blackie is to sign a pre contract with hibs and will transfer straight to hibs after his contract runs out at hearts!! ****ing gutted! anyone wanna come to mines and well go to his for amass protest? cant let him go to hibs, his dad played for hearts and hibs he sees it as following in his footsteps!!!! Looks like Mroweic to hibs also. Pisser!

From the facebook page!

I detect and extremely smelly wind up :wink:

Hibeesmad
13-05-2012, 11:43 PM

From the facebook page!

Don't know whether i should believe it or not!!! Ian black to hibs...really?

SteveHFC
13-05-2012, 11:45 PM

I agree :greengrin

Penicuik Hibee
13-05-2012, 11:46 PM
I just can't see it. But if it's true, no-one can deny he is a good player. If he can stay stay on the park. Lets hope he see's red on sat

frazeHFC
13-05-2012, 11:47 PM

We have heard it every transfer window since he was at Inverness. Nothing to see here. :wink:

Peevemor
13-05-2012, 11:59 PM
I too have heard that he's on his way to Easter Road

... to give the trophy cabinet a lick of varnish, ready for all the photos of the SC in place.

1875godsgift
14-05-2012, 12:01 AM
I just can't see it. But if it's true, no-one can deny he is a good player. If he can stay stay on the park. Lets hope he see's red on sat

If Black comes to Hibs, hopefully a career threatening challenge from Ian Murray will send him through the stands and land him back in the piggery.
If ANYBODY was not Hibs class, it's that buchan reprobate.

Hibeesmad
14-05-2012, 12:02 AM
I too have heard that he's on his way to Easter Road

... to give the trophy cabinet a lick of varnish, ready for all the photos of the SC in place.

:top marks

Leithenhibby
14-05-2012, 12:08 AM

From the facebook page!

Tell me Mainboy19, who calls Ian Black "Blackie? Yams or Hi-bees .... :na na:

SteveHFC
14-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Tell me Mainboy19, who calls Ian Black "Blackie? Yams or Hi-bees .... :na na:

It was a Yam that said it :na na:

Leithenhibby
14-05-2012, 12:13 AM
It was a Yam that said it :na na:

Read your post again and come back to me, you said it. You may have been told by one of them, but it's your words ... You said "Blackie" ... :agree:

SteveHFC
14-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Read your post again and come back to me, you said it. You may have been told by one of them, but it's your words ... You said "Blackie" ... :agree:

I copied the quote from the facebook page!

Hibeesmad
14-05-2012, 12:20 AM
does anyone here know anyone close to ian black or ian black himself? because if you do please put tell us whats going on!!

Leithenhibby
14-05-2012, 12:21 AM

Mmmm, I'm no sure. I'll sleep on it :wink:

Hibeesmad
14-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Mmmm, I'm no sure. I'll sleep on it :wink:

he did :aok:

SteveHFC
14-05-2012, 12:23 AM

Thank you :wink:

Leithenhibby
14-05-2012, 12:31 AM

Thank you :wink:

No like me to get it wrong likes .... :aok:

SteveHFC
14-05-2012, 12:33 AM
No like me to get it wrong likes .... :aok:

:aok:

Billychaotic182
14-05-2012, 12:37 AM
When did chick young say this?

Hermit Crab
14-05-2012, 12:40 AM
This is surely a wind up, especially the piece about black.

rockysrovers
14-05-2012, 01:10 AM
does anyone here know anyone close to ian black or ian black himself? because if you do please put tell us whats going on!!

He is a couple mins from me and 2 doors along from my boyfriends sister. I will try get the info and get it up here ASAP. My cousin also hangs out their at parties (don't know why) there is no for sale sign up outside his house yet.

Hibeesmad
14-05-2012, 01:23 AM
When did chick young say this?

He said it on the radio yesterday.

The Green Goblin
14-05-2012, 01:48 AM
It's a brilliant mindf*** from hibs; tell their most influential player against us that he's welcome next season. I'm sure it won't affect him. Not one bit...

HoboHarry
14-05-2012, 01:53 AM
Someone should post this rumour about Black on Pukeback just to noise them up.......

CentreLine
14-05-2012, 06:00 AM
Its only last week we were all laughing at how the Rangers fans got all hot under the collar and abusive about the potential buyer from the US and were instrumental in chasing away what could well have been a very good buyer for their club. Maybe we should keep our powder dry over any prospect of Ian Black signing for us. What does it matter who he played for before so long as any signing improves the team them I am all for it. If he brought the same commitment and arrogance to our midfield as he has shown at ICT and hahahahearts then I would be delighted.

brydekirk
14-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Cant see this happening with Black, just too much to take in.

SunshineOnLeith
14-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Ian Black story must be true, after all there's no recorded incidents of someone lying on the internet, ever. Now if you'll excuse me Mila Kunis requires an hour of my time before I go and fly the shuttle to Mars.

Jim44
14-05-2012, 06:16 AM

I was thinking that some of the paintwork in bowels of the East Stand could do with a touch up. :greengrin

Kris1875
14-05-2012, 06:25 AM
I'd rather stick forks in my eyes than watch that wee turkey in a hibs strip !! Defo a yam wind up it would never happen !!!

Hibeesmad
14-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Someone should post this rumour about Black on Pukeback just to noise them up.......

Lot of hearts fans on Facebook thinking it's a done deal.

bingo70
14-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Lot of hearts fans on Facebook thinking it's a done deal.

They're obviously at the wind up then, probably started on there private member board on kickback to get us creaming ourselves over one of there players.

I'd put facebook below that daft footballrumours website in terms of reliability.

Ian black is no signing for hibs and certainly not a done deal already

Beefster
14-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Black signing for Hibs is the most obvious Sickbag windup yet.

It's even worse than McPake signing for Hearts. That's Hearts that can't afford to keep Black, Skacel or anyone else but are going to sign McPake.

Pretty Boy
14-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Anyone else hear they've taken gullible out the dictionary?

Come on guys, are people really believing this? I expected some wind up/rumour to come from brokeback before the final but even by their standards this is pish. Black to Hibs? Done deal a week before the biggest Derby ever? 'Confirmed by a few yams on Facebook?

Ignore this nonsense.

Cropley10
14-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Ian Black is a cracking player, precisely what we lack. However he will not be coming to ER as he will be able to earn considerably more than we can possibly offer in England. Good news is he's leaving Hearts IMO. He's been their POTY.

H18sry
14-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Get this into the media, Mad Vlad hears about it and orders PS not to pick him, job done :agree:

matty_f
14-05-2012, 08:12 AM
:faf: More chance of me signing for Man City than Black playing for Hibs.

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Apparently it is true, hibs going to release the news on friday afternoon!!

CB_NO3
14-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Apparently it is true, hibs going to release the news on friday afternoon!!

The story may be true but Hibs never release info to the media till its 100% complete, and he cant officialy sign till June 1st. I do think this is happening though.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2012, 08:28 AM
The story may be true but Hibs never release info to the media till its 100% complete, and he cant officialy sign till June 1st. I do think this is happening though.

:agree: It is happening, i believe everything i read on facebook. The icing on the cake would be if it appears on Wiki.

CB_NO3
14-05-2012, 08:36 AM
:agree: It is happening, i believe everything i read on facebook. The icing on the cake would be if it appears on Wiki.

Ill wait till the Daily Mail publish it before I make up my mind.

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2012, 08:36 AM

gies a mo then:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2012, 08:39 AM
gies a mo then:greengrin

Jones28
14-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Hayes - :top marks

Arnason - :aok:

Black - :yw:

Swanson - :top marks
I will use .Net smiles to review the possible signings :cb

Love this strategy :aok:

Hayes: :thumbsup:

Arnasson: :agree:

Swanson: :thumbsup:

Black: :sick:

G-Reg
14-05-2012, 08:59 AM
I can't see it happening but you never know. I thought we signed the wrong man when we took Rankin from ICT i rated Black as a better player.

weecounty hibby
14-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Would take all four of them to be honest. Even Black. Forget who he plays for now, he is what we need in the middle of the park. If it is a wind up then he is still a smelly Jambo tosser!!

Gareth
14-05-2012, 09:23 AM
I find the sudden lauding of Black bemusing. He's an average midfielder at best who's had a decent season. The fact he's bossed a few derbies this year has merely shown how weak our midfield has been, not that he's a great player. And he's an ugly wee jersey tucking hearts tramp.

Billychaotic182
14-05-2012, 09:25 AM
I can't see it happening but you never know. I thought we signed the wrong man when we took Rankin from ICT i rated Black as a better player.

And Don Cowie is better both..... So we def got the wrong player

1875 NO 1
14-05-2012, 09:40 AM
I find the sudden lauding of Black bemusing. He's an average midfielder at best who's had a decent season. The fact he's bossed a few derbies this year has merely shown how weak our midfield has been, not that he's a great player. And he's an ugly wee jersey tucking hearts tramp.

Fenlon's tactics allow average players look good. He sets midfield up to sit off teams. Giving them 5 yards space to play in. Get somebody in his face and have them back tracking. Ozzy has the power to urinate all over the scrotum.

G-Reg
14-05-2012, 09:50 AM
And Don Cowie is better both..... So we def got the wrong player

Good point

number9dream
14-05-2012, 09:57 AM
McPake and Griffiths must top shopping list.
O'Connor surely worth another deal.

Clarkson and Quinn getting released from Bristol / Cardiff, might fancy a return to Scotland. We'll certainly need a right-back.
Cairney from Thistle. Never seen him. 15 goals suggests a midfielder with an eye for attack, which we are screaming out for. Hayes also in this bracket and has proven he can do it at SPL level.
Swanson - bit of a gamble with fitness / temperament - probably a cheaper option than Hayes, therefore more likely.

Arneson & Black will be off to lower reaches of Championship / League One for bigger wages than we can afford.

Hermit Crab
14-05-2012, 10:14 AM

From the facebook page!

Haha what a crock of ******.....

Hermit Crab
14-05-2012, 10:19 AM

Nothing's going on its a pile of steaming poo

Billy Whizz
14-05-2012, 10:23 AM

Thank god for that

14-05-2012, 10:28 AM
As much as I hate Black, he would be a great addition to our squad. He dominates the midfield in every derby. Very very much doubt it will happen though.

Arnistonboy
14-05-2012, 10:46 AM
As much as I hate Black, he would be a great addition to our squad. He dominates the midfield in every derby. Very very much doubt it will happen though.

Football season has almost come to an end, which leads into silly season for rumours........let the jungle drums commence........

J-C
14-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Hayes..............possibly the Irish connection with Fenlon might be enough to want him to come

Arnason........good solid midfielder with enough experience for what we need, international credentials too.

Swanson........seemingly a Hibs lad, played for Leith Athletic, good solid permier player who would hit the ground running

Black.....Can't see it but he's exactly the type of player we've been crying out for, would he want to suffer the wrath from some Hibs fans though

1875 NO 1
14-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Football season has almost come to an end, which leads into silly season for rumours........let the jungle drums commence........

Exactly. Word from Tranent is hez signed. Not plaing in final. More accurate version is his hernia problem means he can't play 90 mins

JimBHibees
14-05-2012, 11:07 AM

Yep final week and more nonsense put out. Black will be playing at his snarling best on Saturday you can be sure of that.

PatHead
14-05-2012, 11:09 AM
If we had been signing him we would have him on a pre-contract now and be shouting it from the rooftops. Not a chance.

Seveno
14-05-2012, 12:14 PM
:faf: More chance of me signing for Man City than Black playing for Hibs.

So Balotelli is on the way out then ?

Speedway
14-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Not one of these players mentioned are coming to Hibs.

GreenOnions
14-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Not one of these players mentioned are coming to Hibs.

... and is that because they have no intention of remaining in the SPL or because we're not interested enough?

Duffys13
14-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Been told we offered Swanson £2000 a week, he has knocked it back for better offers from Championship level. Not suprised as never thought we could offer enough to get him.

HibbyAndy
:hilarious

Hink a came up the Clyde in a bananae boat.:aok:

Sean1875

aye aye... LTYF :wink::greengrin

Speedway
14-05-2012, 12:38 PM
... and is that because they have no intention of remaining in the SPL or because we're not interested enough?

A number of reasons depending on which player we're talking about.

keep the faith
14-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Been told we offered Swanson £2000 a week, he has knocked it back for better offers from Championship level. Not suprised as never thought we could offer enough to get him.

To be honest i would have thought that a very decent offer considering his injury record.

PeterboroHibee
14-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Im still not sure about Swanson, obviously a talented player but his injury record is horrific. Sure the medical team at United reported back they couldnt find anything and its all in his head. Probably one Id rather we didnt sign.

As for the other 3, would be more than happy if they signed. People can criticise Black, and he has had a few off moments, but hes a far better player than anyone we currently have in midfield and hes actually prepared to get stuck in.

Was in one of the Dundee papers today that we offered Dixon a deal and he turned us down. Not much of a shock, hes always said hes looking to go to England but shows we are at least interested in decent players for a change.

basehibby
14-05-2012, 01:49 PM
It would not surprise me if Fenlon was interested in any and all of these players - which does not mean of course that they'll agree terms and come to ER. We certainly need to make some good quality signings though and all the players mentioned might improve the squad in different ways.

I simply can't fathom all the fans saying Black GTF etc. Turn the thing on it's head you guys and just think how gutted the Yams would be at one of their star performers coming to Hibs cos THEY CANNY AFFORD TO PAY HIS WAGES! He has certainly shown his qualities in recent derbys and I'd be very pleased and view it as something of a coup if Black signed on the dotted line for the Hibees - would also be very surprised though given his reported preference for a move down south.

RickyS
14-05-2012, 01:59 PM
It would not surprise me if Fenlon was interested in any and all of these players - which does not mean of course that they'll agree terms and come to ER. We certainly need to make some good quality signings though and all the players mentioned might improve the squad in different ways.

I simply can't fathom all the fans saying Black GTF etc. Turn the thing on it's head you guys and just think how gutted the Yams would be at one of their star performers coming to Hibs cos THEY CANNY AFFORD TO PAY HIS WAGES! He has certainly shown his qualities in recent derbys and I'd be very pleased and view it as something of a coup if Black signed on the dotted line for the Hibees - would also be very surprised though given his reported preference for a move down south.

He has been head and shoulders above any of our midfield in recent derbies, i would say our midfield needs someone like him/goodwin type

Loopz
14-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Paul Cairney will be signing for us.

Bostonhibby
14-05-2012, 05:58 PM

:agree: apparently Derby bound.

muzzhfc
14-05-2012, 06:31 PM
:agree: apparently Derby bound.

well there is a derby on saturday :wink:

Hibernia Na Eir
14-05-2012, 06:40 PM
If Black comes anywhere near the Easter Road pitch it better be in the colours of the opposition. No way in hell could I support him, he is a wee pr!ck and I'm sure loads of others agree. Pretty sure he is away down south anyway.

he is your jerks jerk!!

NOLA
14-05-2012, 10:19 PM

From the facebook page!
loady p!sh .

Dashing Bob S
14-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Im still not sure about Swanson, obviously a talented player but his injury record is horrific. Sure the medical team at United reported back they couldnt find anything and its all in his head. Probably one Id rather we didnt sign.

As for the other 3, would be more than happy if they signed. People can criticise Black, and he has had a few off moments, but hes a far better player than anyone we currently have in midfield and hes actually prepared to get stuck in.

Was in one of the Dundee papers today that we offered Dixon a deal and he turned us down. Not much of a shock, hes always said hes looking to go to England but shows we are at least interested in decent players for a change.

Joe Swanson from Family Guy would spend less time on the treatment table.

M11BMO
15-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Blackie will not be coming anywhere near us. He is open to the idea of going down south again. Derek McInnes spoke with him. Source - Black

As far as Swanson goes, he has had Alex Rae on the phone but that's as much as I know so very much doubts he will be coming to us.

Brooster
23-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Paul Cairney will be signing for us.

:agree: He already has.

SteveHFC
23-05-2012, 01:40 PM
:agree: He already has.

Source?

Brooster
23-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Cant say.

Source?

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Well if Broosters saying it, i believe him. Welcome to the club Paul, all the best. :thumbsup:

Macaroon
23-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Delighted if true! Paul Cairney is a fantastic player according to my Thistle supporting mate. Too good for them to quote.

Unfortunately, this deal almost rules out the possibility of Deano returning, unless Fenlon is really going for it.

Great signing nonetheless

JimBHibees
23-05-2012, 02:05 PM
What type of player is Cairney?

Macaroon
23-05-2012, 02:07 PM
What type of player is Cairney?

An advanced playmaker. Dean Shiels esque. 12 Goals this season for thistle.

ScottB
23-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Good, all for us going for prospects from the SFL, a policy that our rivals have made great use of in recent years :agree:

Supraninja
23-05-2012, 02:09 PM
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: I'm getting excited for next season already :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Kato
23-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Blackie.......

Ahem? Don't you mean Cheatie?

Macaroon
23-05-2012, 02:17 PM
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: I'm getting excited for next season already :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Yup. I find myself in this new but very dangerous mindset too :worried:

Pretty Boy
23-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Good news about Cairney if true, and i broosters saying it I have no reason to doubt.

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 02:30 PM
This might sound back asswards but I AM excited for next season. Why? Because I feel sure that much of the dead wood from last season won't be here next season. Of course there is no guarantee that the replacements will be any better than what we had (could they be worse? another question we ask every window) but if we're starting with a fresh team then I believe they deserve our full support and the benefit of the doubt. :thumbsup:

matty_f
23-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Don't mind that Hibs have gone down a division to get a player, and I'm happy that Fenlon signed something that we've clearly been missing (an attacking midfielder) but will probably take more than a player from Partick to whet the appetite for the new season, it's fair to say.

Anyway, welcome to Hibs, Paul. :thumbsup:

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Did Partick not finish 6th or 7th? Or is that irrelevant?

JeMeSouviens
23-05-2012, 02:59 PM
What's more, according to Thistle messageboard sources (yeah, I know :rolleyes:) we have outbid Aberdeen and St Johnstone to get him. :shocked:

Hibiza
23-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Chick Young.... font of all knowledge. just another lucky talentless pundit. Prob having dins with " Alistair" tonight. :flag:

JimBHibees
23-05-2012, 03:08 PM
An advanced playmaker. Dean Shiels esque. 12 Goals this season for thistle.

Thanks hope he is good, certainly need that type of player.

carnoustiehibee
23-05-2012, 03:12 PM
I'd rather sign young ambitious Scottish players from lower leagues than English based journeymen who don't care and want to get back down south. So this is a good start.

Scorrie
23-05-2012, 03:14 PM
I'd rather sign young ambitious Scottish players from lower leagues than English based journeymen who don't care and want to get back down south. So this is a good start.

:top marks

Barney McGrew
23-05-2012, 03:15 PM

Absolutely. Dundee United in particular have been pretty successful with that policy over the last few years.

chrisski33
23-05-2012, 03:16 PM
What about craig gordon as hes a free agent?

Wilson
23-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Did Partick not finish 6th or 7th? Or is that irrelevant?

We finished 11th in the SPL. That doesn't mean individual players such as James McPake or Leigh Griffiths are of poor quality does it?

Wilson
23-05-2012, 03:18 PM

To fill a Stack sized void in the treatment room?

Barney McGrew
23-05-2012, 03:20 PM
We finished 11th in the SPL. That doesn't mean individual players such as James McPake or Leigh Griffiths are of poor quality does it?

The same Leigh Griffiths that was playing in the First Division last season? He seems to have been able to make the step up not too badly :wink:

ScottB
23-05-2012, 03:35 PM

Depends how limited his options get, suspect he saw himself at Celtic, but apparently they are signing Forster on a permanent basis. Suppose if no English clubs take an interest in him it could be conceivable, but given his Yammish tendencies I can't imagine him wanting to come to us.

truehibernian
23-05-2012, 03:42 PM
To fill a Stack sized void in the treatment room?

Personally hope Stack's released - need a professional, fit, experienced goalie, one who commands. And who doesn't fight, smoke and bevvy. Can you tell I don't rate him ?

truehibernian
23-05-2012, 03:55 PM
And voila.....that was good timing that post ;-)

Www1875hfc
23-05-2012, 04:08 PM

He was on 42k a week at Sunderland.

Can just imagine petrie' face. :dummytit:

Hibby Kay-Yay
23-05-2012, 04:15 PM
He was on 42k a week to sit on Sunderland's treatment table.

Fixed that for you!

scoopyboy
23-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Source?

Brooster!!!!

Speedway
23-05-2012, 04:20 PM
What are we down to, about 14 or 15 players on the books now?

Antell
Grant
Smith
Stephens
Spoon
Hanlon
Kujabi
Stevenson
Cairney
Caldwell
Doyle
Osbourne
Stanton
Monaghan

scoopyboy
23-05-2012, 04:22 PM

Antell
Grant
Smith
Stephens
Spoon
Hanlon
Kujabi
Stevenson
Cairney
Caldwell
Doyle
Osbourne
Stanton
Monaghan

If you are counting Caldwell, Monaghan and Stanton you may as well add Daniel Handling, I think he will be a regular before the other three.

truehibernian
23-05-2012, 04:25 PM
If you are counting Caldwell, Monaghan and Stanton you may as well add Daniel Handling, I think he will be a regular before the other three.

You not think Jordan will be given a chance too scoopy, or out on loan for a season ?

scoopyboy
23-05-2012, 04:29 PM
You not think Jordan will be given a chance too scoopy, or out on loan for a season ?

Aye, he's worth a shout as well.

I think both Jordan and Daniel may go back to BR for the first part of the season on loan however.

Not sure if you can play in the under 20s league and the third division at the same time however.

I suppose 3rd division will toughen laddies up quicker.

Billychaotic182
23-05-2012, 04:30 PM
So have we signed him then?

ScottB
23-05-2012, 05:06 PM
He was on 42k a week at Sunderland.

That was when he was a highly rated, £9million player, he's now a freebie getting paid £0 a week...

Not that he'll be coming to us mind you, but I doubt if anyone would offer him even a quarter of that now.

Cropley10
23-05-2012, 05:54 PM

Antell
Grant
Smith
Stephens
Spoon
Hanlon
Kujabi
Stevenson
Cairney
Caldwell
Doyle
Osbourne
Stanton
Monaghan

I remember the good ol days Speedway. You'd have had a nickname for each of them...

eastmainsmsh
23-05-2012, 05:58 PM
heard scott shearer goalkeeper might be of interest :wink:

SteveHFC
23-05-2012, 05:59 PM
heard scott shearer goalkeeper might be of interest :wink:

Please No :rolleyes:

SouthamptonHibs
23-05-2012, 06:03 PM

Antell
Grant
Smith
Stephens
Spoon
Hanlon
Kujabi
Stevenson
Cairney
Caldwell
Doyle
Osbourne
Stanton
Monaghan

nothing there worth keeping? With regards to the players above who have 12 or less months to go ob there contract? Also do u think we would get any money for any off the above players?

HFC 0-7
23-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Aye, he's worth a shout as well.

I think both Jordan and Daniel may go back to BR for the first part of the season on loan however.

Not sure if you can play in the under 20s league and the third division at the same time however.

I suppose 3rd division will toughen laddies up quicker.

Are any of these guys promising? Do any of them have the making to become the next Scott Brown?

Spike Mandela
23-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Delighted if true! Paul Cairney is a fantastic player according to my Thistle supporting mate. Too good for them to quote.

Unfortunately, this deal almost rules out the possibility of Deano returning, unless Fenlon is really going for it.

Great signing nonetheless

He's not another lightweight midget by any chance is he?:rolleyes:

HibeeMackenzie
23-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Suggestion not a rumour!
Heskey has been released by villa, could he do a job?

ForrieGreen
23-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Suggestion not a rumour!
Heskey has been released by villa, could he do a job?

Aye and while we're at it, i always did like that Christian Nade guy

sundo1875
23-05-2012, 07:08 PM
What ya gonna doooo, Heskeys comin to get yaaaaa