PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Hibs transfer rumours

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2012, 11:23 PM
For me it does. Judging by the standard that same team set with the first choice they obviously know a good goalie when they see one.

Correct, i was over the moon when we signed Colin Murdoch from Championship club Preston, and hyper ventilated when Danny Galbraith signed on from Man Utd.

monktonharp
05-07-2012, 11:58 PM
So our first choice defence (based on last season) will be this now: Kujabi - Hanlon - McPake - Clancy : this does not look too bad, apart from Kujabi may be liable for a few errors and is the weak link in there IMO, but he tries hard and shows a willingness to work for the team so hopefully he improves.

If the midfield rumours are to be true about Shiels then it would be this for the midfield : Stevenson - Shiels - Cairney - Osbourne : obviously they may be in a diamond if this is the first choice midfield, bottom line is though is that we need a good wide player or we need Galbraith and Wotherspoon to live up to their billing as great young prospects.

Any rumours surrounding a striker other than John Sutton? back to your midfield formation, and of course this is only an opinion: Sheils--stick on, as we know he tries like a lion and has the skill. Cairney-- untried, but PF talks well of him and he apparently "wants the ball" and tries to make things happen, also he scored 15 goals last year, not bad fi a midfielder (a young Pat McGinley in the making?) . the two you mention about their billing? last chance saloon IFAIC, and the other 2, well, what can I say.? more midfielders please mister Fenlon, although this may not matter a jot to me , on the 13th o' July!

Leishy1995
06-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Correct, i was over the moon when we signed Colin Murdoch from Championship club Preston, and hyper ventilated when Danny Galbraith signed on from Man Utd.

Danny Galbraith was a striker at Man Utd, he was young and spoken of well. Potential isn't always fulfilled.
And Colin Murdoch, well, he was dire. But slotted a nice penalty away.

Guess you cried when we signed a failed striker like Anthony Stokes?
Are you gutted we've signed James Mcpake from a league 1 team that didn't give him a game in the championship?
Is Rob Jones forgotten about I mean Grimsby isn't exactly a marvelous team?

NOLA
06-07-2012, 02:13 AM
all this talk of deano joining us again is welcome but im not ashamed to admit i was 1 of the posters on here who whould stick the boot in so to speak regarding his reliability, i seen deano have great games followed by 5 stinkers, maybe cos of his age? he wasnt mature enough but i what i saw on highlights last season and im gonna say again "highlights" has he got better or have we all forgotten he was an enigma 1st time round, clearly talented player but worthy of a starting place every week? id like to think so however, so just asking:wink:

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-07-2012, 05:06 AM
I'd be delighted to sign them both.

Still no width!

JohnStephens91
06-07-2012, 05:42 AM
back to your midfield formation, and of course this is only an opinion: Sheils--stick on, as we know he tries like a lion and has the skill. Cairney-- untried, but PF talks well of him and he apparently "wants the ball" and tries to make things happen, also he scored 15 goals last year, not bad fi a midfielder (a young Pat McGinley in the making?) . the two you mention about their billing? last chance saloon IFAIC, and the other 2, well, what can I say.? more midfielders please mister Fenlon, although this may not matter a jot to me , on the 13th o' July!

I was just using last seasons apparent first choice midfield as a guideline, hopefully we can get better players in, but I fear this rebuilding job will take more than one transfer window. At the very least we need a striker, a goalie and a winger, and we need to inject some pace in the team.

wandering_hibee
06-07-2012, 05:58 AM
striker - Doyle (or am I missing something)

Cocaine&Caviar
06-07-2012, 06:02 AM
Danny Galbraith was a striker at Man Utd, he was young and spoken of well. Potential isn't always fulfilled.?

He actually played more at left back than he did as a striker...

Steve20
06-07-2012, 06:18 AM
striker - Doyle (or am I missing something)

He is our only striker. So we need at least another two strikers to come in.

Cocaine&Caviar
06-07-2012, 06:23 AM
He is our only striker. So we need at least another two strikers to come in.

Caldwell.

JohnStephens91
06-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Caldwell.

I'd like a reasonable quality striker to come in and Caldwell should be 3rd choice, we need to start bringing through the youngsters again especially as money may be tight and they could have good value in the transfer market if they produce the goods.

Steve20
06-07-2012, 06:39 AM
Two experienced strikers and one young striker. Is that really going to see us through the season?

JohnStephens91
06-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Two experienced strikers and one young striker. Is that really going to see us through the season?

Realistically no, but I'm sure we can use Stanton as well? We have youth players available to use and we should be starting to bring them through. Ideally though we could bring in two strikers but the money situation must surely be an issue after selling very few season tickets compared to last season. As I've already asked, are there any other strikers on our radar except Sutton?

micka_weer
06-07-2012, 07:41 AM
What a ludicrous thing to say. When I grew up it was almost customary to have an English side to follow. !

AND a Spanish, French, German, South American, Portugese etc etc :-)

AlbertK86
06-07-2012, 08:05 AM
After the last few games of the season and 'that' final: I don't want to see Osbourne anywhere near right or left midfield.

Totally agree. He is a central midfielder.

We bought him as a defensive central mid so let's play him and Cairney in the middle and get two decent wingers either side of them.

If the budget doesn't stretch to two lets put Booth on left and get a new right winger in

Speedway
06-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Totally agree. He is a central midfielder.

We bought him as a defensive central mid so let's play him and Cairney in the middle and get two decent wingers either side of them.

If the budget doesn't stretch to two lets put Booth on left and get a new right winger in

Pernis

Clancy
McPake
Michalik
Maybury

Kalonas
Osbourne
Cairney
Booth

Sutton
Doyle

Brown, Hanlon, O'Hanlon, Stevenson, Claros, Caldwell, O'Connor

Not Picked: Galbraith, Stephens, Sproule, Kujabi, Stanton, Stephens, Wotherspoon

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Danny Galbraith was a striker at Man Utd, he was young and spoken of well. Potential isn't always fulfilled.
And Colin Murdoch, well, he was dire. But slotted a nice penalty away.

Guess you cried when we signed a failed striker like Anthony Stokes?
Are you gutted we've signed James Mcpake from a league 1 team that didn't give him a game in the championship?
Is Rob Jones forgotten about I mean Grimsby isn't exactly a marvelous team?

:tee hee:
You have just proved what i said, its no pointer at all what club they have played for.

goosefat
06-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Pernis

Clancy
McPake
Michalik
Maybury

Kalonas
Osbourne
Cairney
Booth

Sutton
Doyle

Not Picked: Galbraith, Stephens, Sproule, Kujabi, Stanton, Stephens, Wotherspoon
I thought that in the handful of games towards the end of last season Sproule did a half decent job as a sort of tracking back, defensive midfielder. Leaving aside his now obvious lack of creativity and inability to deliver a final ball, his pace and aggression (If he curbs the temptation to dive in studs up) could help protect the back 4 a little better. Just a thought...

IWasThere2016
06-07-2012, 08:54 AM
IMHO the last few posts show we need 6 or 7 new signings as follows:

GK (possibly 2),
Defence - CH / LB (or someone like Clancy who can do both),
Midfield - CM (attacking - we have no goal threat from midfield), LM
Forwards, CF x 2 (auld heid with bit of physique, and other with a bit of pace)

We better get a move on also. Pre-season has started - these signings should be here and settling in IMHO.

Andy74
06-07-2012, 09:01 AM
IMHO the last few posts show we need 6 or 7 new signings as follows:

GK (possibly 2),
Defence - CH / LB (or someone like Clancy who can do both),
Midfield - CM (attacking - we have no goal threat from midfield), LM
Forwards, CF x 2 (auld heid with bit of physique, and other with a bit of pace)

We better get a move on also. Pre-season has started - these signings should be here and settling in IMHO.

Only if they are good enough though - the team can't be easily rebuilt in just a few weeks after what you would probably agree with has been years of not being right.

Don't disagree with what we need but think we have to be patient.

stokesmessiah
06-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Only if they are good enough though - the team can't be easily rebuilt in just a few weeks after what you would probably agree with has been years of not being right.

I agree totally it might take another couple of windows to get that shopping list in. I think what he needs to make sure is first and foremost he sorts out that defence and GK situation which instantly makes us harder to bear. We are also going to seend some CF's as we only have 1 recognised in the squad. I have a feeling that the wide men might have to wait...as for a creative CM i think that is why Cairney has been brought in.

AllyT
06-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Pernis

Clancy
McPake
Michalik
Maybury

Kalonas
Osbourne
Cairney
Booth

Sutton
Doyle

I thought Pernis had already turned us down?

DC_Hibs
06-07-2012, 09:10 AM
I thought that in the handful of games towards the end of last season Sproule did a half decent job as a sort of tracking back, defensive midfielder. Leaving aside his now obvious lack of creativity and inability to deliver a final ball, his pace and aggression (If he curbs the temptation to dive in studs up) could help protect the back 4 a little better. Just a thought...

We finished 10th and 11th the last two seasons despite spending more than all clubs bar 3 so if we all accept mediocrity like you seem to then what chance have we got of improving.

"Half decent, lack of creativity and inability to deliver a final ball". You've summed up reasons NOT to play him.

We need better and the resources are there to deliver better within budget.

Iain G
06-07-2012, 09:20 AM

What about Danny Handling, 2 young strikers?

But yes the ideal shopping list should be:
GK (or 2 if Brown leaves)
CD (if O'Hanlon leaves)
RB/LB (ideally someone who can play both!)
CM
RM
LM
2 Strikers

Possibly 8 or 9 players in there, that's a lot of work to do.....

AlbertK86
06-07-2012, 09:30 AM
What about Danny Handling, 2 young strikers?

But yes the ideal shopping list should be:
GK (or 2 if Brown leaves)
CD (if O'Hanlon leaves)
RB/LB (ideally someone who can play both!)
CM
RM
LM
2 Strikers

Possibly 8 or 9 players in there, that's a lot of work to do.....

You just beat me to mentioning Handling.

Scored a few on loan to Berwick last season ... Just like Miller and Deeks before him.... Certainly want to see him and Caldwell in the squad

Scooter
06-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Pernis

Clancy
McPake
Michalik
Maybury

Kalonas
Osbourne
Cairney
Booth

Sutton
Doyle

I'd take that in a second. Not sure abt mabury but if it's not Callum he's better than we have

Leishy1995
06-07-2012, 10:04 AM
He actually played more at left back than he did as a striker...

Was he any good?

Leishy1995
06-07-2012, 10:05 AM
:tee hee:
You have just proved what i said, its no pointer at all what club they have played for.

I thought you were implying we shouldn't get excited over players coming from the English leagues

IWasThere2016
06-07-2012, 10:17 AM

Sadly, the being patient has failed us enormously though as we have signed some total dross at these times - thus why there "has been years of not being right"

Andy74
06-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Sadly, the being patient has failed us enormously though as we have signed some total dross at these times - thus why there "has been years of not being right"

I don't think it's the being patient that's been the problem, it's been the picking the wrong players regardless of when they were signed.

Graeme Smith and Ed de Graaf, Maka and Alan O'Brien - they were all early in the door.

scoopyboy
06-07-2012, 10:28 AM
You just beat me to mentioning Handling.

Scored a few on loan to Berwick last season ... Just like Miller and Deeks before him.... Certainly want to see him and Caldwell in the squad

Last I heard he was going to Cowdenbeath for a season long loan.

Brightside
06-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Pernis

Clancy
McPake
Michalik
Maybury

Kalonas
Osbourne
Cairney
Booth

Sutton
Doyle

Hanlon will start. Hopefully every game.

scoopyboy
06-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Pernis

Clancy
McPake
Michalik
Maybury

Kalonas
Osbourne
Cairney
Booth

Sutton
Doyle

I think with Clancy and McPake signing, Michalik will have dropped off the radar or at least slipped down the pecking order in terms of priority.

Goalies and strikers have to come before another central defender IMO.

GreenPJ
06-07-2012, 10:34 AM
I think with Clancy and McPake signing, Michalik will have dropped off the radar or at least slipped down the pecking order in terms of priority.

Goalies and strikers have to come before another central defender IMO.

:agree: A couple of strikers and a wide player are priority IMO.

Andy74
06-07-2012, 10:44 AM

I'm just hopeful the best possible player in that position starts. If we can get better than Hanlon then great as far as I'm concerned.

We were poor at the back last year and I'm not sure just the addition of Clancy will change much about that.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2012, 10:54 AM
I thought you were implying we shouldn't get excited over players coming from the English leagues

I have no idea why you'd think that, nothing in any of my posts have remotely implied it?

Hibby Kay-Yay
06-07-2012, 10:57 AM
I'd be happy with 2 wide players, 1 striker and 1 goalie for the following formation:

.........................GK....................... ....

RB.............CH..............CH................L B

........................DM........................ ....

................CM..............CM................ ..

...AM.........................................AM.. ..

........................ST........................ ....

I believe this gives us a variety of shapes to play with a balance of defennsive and offensive positions.

I'd be happy having 1 recognised senior GK with the youngsters as back up. 1 additional striker, preferrably someone who can play with their back to goal and link the midfield. Budget wise we have a few midfielders on our books for the above positions so the addition of an AM in the mould of Deano would be a good target. Let Claros/Ozzy/Stevenson/Stanton/Spoony compete for the DM & CM positions.

Cocaine&Caviar
06-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Let Claros/Ozzy/Stevenson/Stanton/Spoony compete for the DM & CM positions.

Not a single midfield ball winner in there.

Chuck Rhoades
06-07-2012, 11:10 AM

At LB, hopefully. With McPake/Clancy in the centre.

Hibby Kay-Yay
06-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Not a single midfield ball winner in there.

With a loss of income (Rangers) I just can't see us paying off existing contracts to make way for new signings or even keeping existing players with more players added to the wage list.

We may well have to live with what we have and focus just now on bringing in a GK and CF/ST as Pat has identified these as being our priority areas.

AlbertK86
06-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Last I heard he was going to Cowdenbeath for a season long loan.

Happy for him to go on loan as long as we can recall him after six months. Would like to see him given a chance IF we are not in a relegation scrap

Steve20
06-07-2012, 11:19 AM
At LB, hopefully. With McPake/Clancy in the centre.

Clancy will be at right back.

Cocaine&Caviar
06-07-2012, 11:21 AM
With a loss of income (Rangers) I just can't see us paying off existing contracts to make way for new signings or even keeping existing players with more players added to the wage list.

We may well have to live with what we have and focus just now on bringing in a GK and CF/ST as Pat has identified these as being our priority areas.

Then relegation fight awaits again IMO.

Sergio sledge
06-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Then relegation fight awaits again IMO.

Every other club will be in a similar position IMHO, we'll just have to hope that our youngsters are more ready to step up than other club's youngsters.

I think we'll maybe only see another 2 or 3 signings, then we'll go with what we've got.

Gatecrasher
06-07-2012, 11:26 AM
I also think some of the youngsters will play a big part this year. IMO signing 2 keepers would be a waste when one will be sitting on the bench most of the time and i think we need to start looking towards the players coming through as well as bringing a few through transfers.

dp00
06-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Back 2 will defo be mcpake an Hanlon the Clancy and maybe an other

Hibstrooper
06-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Every other club will be in a similar position IMHO, we'll just have to hope that our youngsters are more ready to step up than other club's youngsters.

I think we'll maybe only see another 2 or 3 signings, then we'll go with what we've got.

:agree: I'd be surprised with anymore than 3 given that we were already making a loss, season tickets are down and we will take a hit on income with Rangers out the league.

My preference would be a goalie and x2 forwards with a least one of them also being able to operate out wide.

I think we'd be daft to bring in 2 goalies given the cutbacks plus it would hinder the progress of the two younger guys.

Leishy1995
06-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I have no idea why you'd think that, nothing in any of my posts have remotely implied it?

The fact the post I replied to stated the just because someone was in a second tier English team doesn't make them good. Sure you can see where the confusing part came into this.

phantomscotsman
06-07-2012, 12:52 PM
has anything been said about Mark Brown yet? Not my first choice but at least it means we have a few options in goal...

Green Cabbage 7
06-07-2012, 12:59 PM
:agree: I'd be surprised with anymore than 3 given that we were already making a loss, season tickets are down and we will take a hit on income with Rangers out the league.

My preference would be a goalie and x2 forwards with a least one of them also being able to operate out wide.

I think we'd be daft to bring in 2 goalies given the cutbacks plus it would hinder the progress of the two younger guys.

Thats not what I've heard,i was told of a friend season tickets are up at 11500 due to the final.don't know how he knows mind!

H18sry
06-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Thats not what I've heard,i was told of a friend season tickets are up at 11500 due to the final.don't know how he knows mind!

No chance you will be lucky if there is 8,500 season ticket holders at the moment, RP has gone on record that we are still below last years sales.

Dashing Bob S
06-07-2012, 01:14 PM
No chance you will be lucky if there is 8,500 season ticket holders at the moment, RP has gone on record that we are still below last years sales.

He's also 'gone on record' to discuss his love of sporting integrity above all other considerations.

Petrie plays these games with us every year. I no longer trust a word that comes out his mouth.

Baldy Foghorn
06-07-2012, 01:28 PM

SL said the same........

scoopyboy
06-07-2012, 01:32 PM
has anything been said about Mark Brown yet? Not my first choice but at least it means we have a few options in goal...

He is training with Hibs at East Mains.

He has been offered a contract.

He has not signed the contract.

MB62
06-07-2012, 01:39 PM

Been offered less money than last year? :dunno:

phantomscotsman
06-07-2012, 01:41 PM

Probably waiting to see if he will be No.1 choice if PF gets in a new keeper before he signs or just looking for more cash... :rolleyes:

Andy74
06-07-2012, 01:45 PM

Try 5,000.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2012, 01:46 PM
The fact the post I replied to stated the just because someone was in a second tier English team doesn't make them good. Sure you can see where the confusing part came into this.

No it didn't:confused:, you are just making it up now as you go along????????????

--------
06-07-2012, 02:04 PM

:agree: One senior keeper, and work with the younger guys to bring them on.

If certain players move on, replace them. And look for 2, possibly 3 attacking players for the beginning of the season.

And actually put our money where our mouth is and give younger guys their chance in the first team.

Jones28
06-07-2012, 02:11 PM
If it was up to me (and lets face it, it should be :greengrin) then we need 4 new players providing Brown signs a new deal. We need 2 mid-fielders and 2 strikers.

Defence is pretty tight with Clancy, Mcpake, O'Hanlon and Hanlon as Right/Centre backs. We've got 3 Left backs in Kujabi, Booth and Smith.

Wotherspoon needs back in the team IMO, played wide right. Cairney and Claros seem to be in the same mould, although Cairney seems to be a real goal threat. Osbourne was good in the first part of last season, a real scrapper and ball winner. We need another like him - Steve Jennings? Would also like to see us get in another wide right player, Ross Forbes might be a good shout. Sproule, Glabraith and and Booth can all play wide left.

Strikers - Doyle, Caldwell and Handling, a wee bit more experience would see us right, Sutton and someone else.

Brown
Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Kujabi
Wotherspoon Cairney Osbourne Sproule
Doyle newstriker

GordonHFC
06-07-2012, 02:32 PM
SL said the same........

Didn't SL say that 2000 had not renewed which is slightly different. Not renewed does not take into account new/first time applicants.

SteveHFC
06-07-2012, 02:40 PM
New GK

Clancy
McPake
New CB
Smith/Booth

New RM
Cairney
Stanton
New LM

Caldwell
Handling

.Sean.
06-07-2012, 02:41 PM
New GK

Clancy
McPake
New CB
Smith/Booth

New RM
Cairney
Stanton
New LM

Caldwell
Handling
No danger.

Andy74
06-07-2012, 02:43 PM
New GK

Clancy
McPake
New CB
Smith/Booth

New RM
Cairney
Stanton
New LM

Caldwell
Handling

It's times like these I'm reminded that the management at Hibs could be a lot worse.

Andy74
06-07-2012, 02:48 PM
:agree: One senior keeper, and work with the younger guys to bring them on.

If certain players move on, replace them. And look for 2, possibly 3 attacking players for the beginning of the season.

And actually put our money where our mouth is and give younger guys their chance in the first team.

I think we need two senior keepers. Do we really want to be playing one of the kids when the first choice gets injured?

Hughes got stick for having 3 senior keepers at the time but we were actually down to just Graeme Smith at the end of it as two got injured.

It's a huge, unnnecessary risk to leave yourself without any senior keeper.

I'm all for playing some kids, when they can come in under the right circumstances but goalkeeper and centre half are the areas I think that you can't afford to be reliant upon a kid at any stage.

I also don't really see the obsession with getting kids in - of course good ones are welcome, can make you money eventually and that's lovely. Right now I want a Hibs team that can win a few games, all else is a bit secondary.

Baldy Foghorn
06-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Didn't SL say that 2000 had not renewed which is slightly different. Not renewed does not take into account new/first time applicants.

You are correct Gordon......I wish we could be told the number of season ticket holders we currently have.....

Andy74
06-07-2012, 02:52 PM
You are correct Gordon......I wish we could be told the number of season ticket holders we currently have.....

I think this has been addressed a couple of times - Scott Lindsay confimed at the last forum or meeting that 5,000 was the total tickets sold at the time which included new holders.

I don't know why that many believed that there would have been that many totally new ticket holders who bought just to get a cup final ticket. That never made much sense to me.

col02
06-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Massive season for all youngsters at every SPL side apart from maybe Celtic as most squads will be a lot leaner with regards to experienced players. I look towards the likes of Booth, Smith, Wotherspoon, Caldwell and maybe Galbraith at looking at the season ahead as one of opportunity at Hibs. Whether or not they take it is another matter. In all the doom and gloom revolving around the Rangers scenario I genuinely believe this could be a chance for some freshness across the board in the SPL. Taking all that into account I think three more players signed on a permanent basis is as good as we can hope for. Couple decent loan signings too might happen though and would happily welcome back someone like Francomb who offered some versatility.

Leishy1995
06-07-2012, 03:01 PM
No it didn't:confused:, you are just making it up now as you go along????????????

I replied to someone who said just because he was in the English championship doesn't make him good enough for us. And then you said the Colin Murdoch and Galbraith post. you've just changed what you're talking about.

jamieross
06-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Was just looking at the thread on Alan Maybury and ended up looking to see where he all played before ST J, came across Liam Craigs profile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Craig Says at the bottom hes set for a move to us? :confused:

Sorry if ive missed this earlier in the thread but has anyone heard any rumours about this?

Baldy Foghorn
06-07-2012, 03:08 PM
I think this has been addressed a couple of times - Scott Lindsay confimed at the last forum or meeting that 5,000 was the total tickets sold at the time which included new holders.

I don't know why that many believed that there would have been that many totally new ticket holders who bought just to get a cup final ticket. That never made much sense to me.

I always thought there would be a decent uptake on new tickets, in return for Cup Final tickets. I can't recall how many were available in terms of a public sale, and I know a number of people who could have taken two, only took one....I really thought we would have had more based on that.....I was slightly surprised at how low we are at this moment....

BEEJ
06-07-2012, 03:09 PM

The challenge then (as another poster has pointed out) is to work out how 22,000 of our supporters got their hands on Cup Final tickets.

Makes for some tricky arithmetic, with a few heroic assumptions thrown in for good measure.

Baldy Foghorn
06-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Was just looking at the thread on Alan Maybury and ended up looking to see where he all played before ST J, came across Liam Craigs profile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Craig Says at the bottom hes set for a move to us? :confused:

Sorry if ive missed this earlier in the thread but has anyone heard any rumours about this?

Liam Craig always made a habit of scoring against us......(Not heard any rumours about him though)

Baldy Foghorn
06-07-2012, 03:11 PM
The challenge then (as another poster has pointed out) is to work out how 22,000 of our supporters got their hands on Cup Final tickets.

Makes for some tricky arithmetic, with a few heroic assumptions thrown in for good measure.

It does appearing challenging BEEJ, If we are down on renewals, where did all the tickets go, and why was there such a panic regarding getting them?

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2012, 03:17 PM
I replied to someone who said just because he was in the English championship doesn't make him good enough for us. And then you said the Colin Murdoch and Galbraith post. you've just changed what you're talking about.

No i have not, and didnt actually say just because he was in the championship, doesnt make him good enough for us, you reallu ought to read what people say before you reply?

My quote about Murdoch and Galbraith only proves it does not matter where they play their football, some are decent others are poor. You were the one when replying to bingo, when he asked (So being good enough to be a reserve keeper in englands second league means he was good enough for us?)

Your answer was.

For me it does. Judging by the standard that same team set with the first choice they obviously know a good goalie when they see one.

Its you who has stated your opinion, nobody else??????

Leishy1995
06-07-2012, 03:35 PM
I didn't mean to delete my reply. But it basically said I read something that wasn't there in your post regarding Murdoch. I am sorry for that.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2012, 03:44 PM
I didn't mean to delete my reply. But it basically said I read something that wasn't there in your post regarding Murdoch. I am sorry for that.

No problem. :aok:

Leishy1995
06-07-2012, 04:18 PM
So, any news on transfer progression?

Rivers Cuomo
06-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Liam Craig is a good player, would be happy were this to come true.

1875STEVE
06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Take it you heard it or saw it via STV like everybody else re Deeks

Er no, or I wouldn't have posted it. :confused::rolleyes:

When STV news is on, im in my work.

1875STEVE
06-07-2012, 08:38 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/blog/109445-could-spains-la-liga-give-derek-riordan-a-place-to-call-home/

Cheers, never seen that. :thumbsup:

Beefster
06-07-2012, 08:47 PM

Hibs went way OTT in giving the impression that Cup Final tickets were likely going to be allocated without a public sale. The only conclusion that could be drawn at the time (given that we knew that the other categories were relatively low on numbers) was that ST sales/renewals had rocketed.

AlbertK86
06-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Er no, or I wouldn't have posted it. :confused::rolleyes:

When STV news is on, im in my work.

Eh website twitter etc !!!

SMAXXA
07-07-2012, 12:21 AM

I hope your joking, I wouldn't say I'd be a bit bothered if I didn't see him play for hibs again.

hibs0666
07-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Hibs went way OTT in giving the impression that Cup Final tickets were likely going to be allocated without a public sale. The only conclusion that could be drawn at the time (given that we knew that the other categories were relatively low on numbers) was that ST sales/renewals had rocketed.

I'm guessing they have sold a lot, but most of them will be for students/kids tickets.

Iain G
07-07-2012, 10:39 AM
So based on what we have at the moment, in some variation of a 4-5-1 formation...

Brown
Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Booth
Wotherspoon
Claros
Osbourne
Crainey
Stevenson
Doyle

Then god help us for the new season :greengrin

The defense has been strengthened partially, we still need an experienced keeper, another defender, 2 midfielders and 2 forwards as a minimum going into the new season IMHO!!! :agree:

hibIBZ
07-07-2012, 11:18 AM
heard from a good source that hibs are still in for centre back lubomir michalik from carlisle. hibs only willing to make up his pay in appearance to money to match his demands so im led to believe

silverhibee
07-07-2012, 02:13 PM
So based on what we have at the moment, in some variation of a 4-5-1 formation...

Brown
Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Booth
Wotherspoon
Claros
Osbourne
Crainey
Stevenson
Doyle

The defense has been strengthened partially, we still need an experienced keeper, another defender, 2 midfielders and 2 forwards as a minimum going into the new season IMHO!!! :agree:

:shocked::shocked:,

One Word.

Relegation.

weecounty hibby
07-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Im by no means a super optomist but i have to say im a bit fed up hearing about how we will be relegated. Ffs every club in the spl is weaker than last year and we still have time tl the season starts. I have faith that PF will not only turn the tam around but hopefully the whole cub will get its act together

Dalianwanda
07-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Im by no means a super optomist but i have to say im a bit fed up hearing about how we will be relegated. Ffs every club in the spl is weaker than last year and we still have time tl the season starts. I have faith that PF will not only turn the tam around but hopefully the whole cub will get its act together

:top marks

Its easy to pick holes when the windows just opened & we have made 3 signings..More to come says the manager & I believe him..Obviously with what we had left with the number of departures we were going to be weak, but thats not going to be the squad by the end of the window, judge it then..Or even better when the team actually kicks a ball..Negative vibes for no reason..

whiskyhibby
07-07-2012, 03:31 PM

Its easy to pick holes when the windows just opened & we have made 3 signings..More to come says the manager & I believe him..Obviously with what we had left with the number of departures we were going to be weak, but thats not going to be the squad by the end of the window, judge it then..Or even better when the team actually kicks a ball..Negative vibes for no reason..

Absolutely right............I'll leave my reservations until we are into the season and have played some competitive games, as you say all teams will be weakened this season and PF will be able to make his own mark on the team

Hibby D
07-07-2012, 03:34 PM
from Twatter

St Johnstone 1884‏@stjohnstone1884Defender A Maybury, who has spent the past couple of seasons with Saints, is training with Hibernian.

thekaratekid
07-07-2012, 03:45 PM
I'd take Liam Craig in a heartbeat

silverhibee
07-07-2012, 04:10 PM

Yeah he said he wanted to bring in a striker and a goalkeeper, he may need to bring in two goalies if Brown doesn't agree terms with Hibs, new faces need to come in this week and we have to get the goalkeeping situation sorted this week coming.

There won't be much of Pat's budget left to bring in other players once he has got a goalie and striker in.

truehibernian
07-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Yeah he said he wanted to bring in a striker and a goalkeeper, he may need to bring in two goalies if Brown doesn't agree terms with Hibs, new faces need to come in this week and we have to get the goalkeeping situation sorted this week coming.

There won't be much of Pat's budget left to bring in other players once he has got a goalie and striker in.

Maybe the Sol money and potential sale of Wotherspoon will add to his coffers SH.

I think we are at least 5 short squadwise. At least.

J-C
07-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Tom Miller onTalksport saying Mark Kerr andAlan Maybuty on trial

Hibby Kay-Yay
07-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Maybe the Sol money and potential sale of Wotherspoon will add to his coffers SH.

Any clauses left with Fletcher?

Aldo
07-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Any clauses left with Fletcher?

Nice one. The tache is good but not that good I'm afraid. 😊

silverhibee
07-07-2012, 06:32 PM

I would have thought money or some of it at least would have went towards the squad from our cup final run and that day, but seems not, PF is making it quite clear that only money from ST will be his budget for this year, so any money brought in from sale of DW wouldn't go to Pats Budget but more than likely pay of debts at the club, and LC FC will be lucky to see any money from the Turkish club.

As i said a goalie and a striker and that may well be Pat's budget finished for this window, which would be a bit scary, i spoke to someone through the week and they said PF was working his socks of trying to get players to come to the club, but he is finding it difficult to get them here, seemingly was disappointed in not securing the lad from Falkirk as had watched him a number of times last season and was a target for PF.

I really do hope he has brought plenty of luck from over the water as i think he will need it, an injury to say Mcpake and another player and we are in the deep stuff, we can only go up the way next season, if not then you no what happens.

Have to admit i am a bit worried about the season ahead TH. :aok:

On the good side is i have a pix n mix from Morrisons for the night ahead. :greengrin

HH81
07-07-2012, 06:38 PM

On the good side is i have a pix n mix from Morrisons for the night ahead. :greengrin

Don't worry yet, Rome wasn't built in a day. Few weeks till the first game and that's all that counts.

I also think you will have made some poor choices in that pic and mix :agree::greengrin

truehibernian
07-07-2012, 07:06 PM
I would have thought money or some of it at least would have went towards the squad from our cup final run and that day, but seems not, PF is making it quite clear that only money from ST will be his budget for this year, so any money brought in from sale of DW wouldn't go to Pats Budget but more than likely pay of debts at the club, and LC FC will be lucky to see any money from the Turkish club.

As i said a goalie and a striker and that may well be Pat's budget finished for this window, which would be a bit scary, i spoke to someone through the week and they said PF was working his socks of trying to get players to come to the club, but he is finding it difficult to get them here, seemingly was disappointed in not securing the lad from Falkirk as had watched him a number of times last season and was a target for PF.

I really do hope he has brought plenty of luck from over the water as i think he will need it, an injury to say Mcpake and another player and we are in the deep stuff, we can only go up the way next season, if not then you no what happens.

I think that's where we are at as Hibees SH and hardly surprising after three seasons of utter mediocrity and very very poor recruitment. I am anxious, but anxious because I'm a little in the dark as to what style of play PF really favours.

There has been a really distinct lack of pace and width in the side for a few years. I'm a fan of the 'tanner ba' players and I really wanted to see us linked with good wide player (Hayes aside). We never seem to stretch sides and always play through the middle, quite slow build up play, very narrow - that kind of football annoys me. It's negative. Yes, folk will say 'oh but Spain/Barca play that way' - they have the beauty and benefit of having every single outfield player (and keeper) having the basic ability of football retention and keeping the ball moving. Hibernian players struggle, and I mean struggle, to pass a football back to the thrower from a shy !

I was always brought up on the very base principle of having a strong spine - solid commanding keeper, two commanding centre halves, playmaker in the middle, and solid front man. You build around that with pace and youth IMHO. I know that sounds basic, but it's what all good teams are built on.

Here we are before a season starts and we are without a keeper ! (Brown having not signed as yet) - I still remain unconvinced about Hanlon. We have no 'off your seat' midfielder - and we have no good, solid, link up/hold up striker. We have no genuine pace in the midfield/front area, albeit I honestly cannot believe he is sending young Danny Handling out on loan - both he and Ross Caldwell must shake their heads if they see the likes of Roy O'Donovan get ahead of them !

If we are in for Michilak I'd go for it. International experience, played for Leeds and did reasonably well, big and solid. I'd love, as I said last season, a Jason Koumas type player, someone who drives teams forward and has a bit of creativity - and I'd like a Jon Daly type up top to compliment Doyler and Ross Caldwell. I'd love Boothy to be given a crack at left midfield too.

I'd also (and I know I'll get stick for it) like to get Soares back - I think when he is on his game, he's a quality player. But that's the thing - getting him 'on his game'. Soares for me was always involved in good build up play which led to goals. Even giving him a floating role in the attacking midfield area with someone like Shiels playing in the same midfield - 4-3-3 offensive football (if we are not signing wingers) - seeing Claros, Lewis and Ozzy together in the same midfield again means only one thing.......side to side, slow, negative midfield play. None of them really want to commit and drive forward when they get the ball. The opposition get an eternity to regroup and get back into banks of four. We never occupy centre halves or full backs of opposition teams.

Get the back four solid, which I think he is doing in getting Clancy and McPake, have a good holding player in front (Claros for me), some creativity behind the front pair (Shiels for example or Soares), some bite and drive which can interchange with them (Cairney) and a leader (midfield) who can orchestrate in the opposition half and keep the pressure on and force the side forward.

Most important signing this summer though is a good, solid, commanding goalkeeper. Someone who when he shouts, you get the hell out of dodge - someone who pushes the team out it's own 6 yard box. Someone who the defenders absolutely trust. Second most important is a midfield general, someone who again drives the team forward and doesn't allow it to go into it's shell or get the crowd influencing their play if we are behind. Dare I say a Lennon or Keane.

And it's toffee bob bons for me tonight SH.......no doubt a dentist trip on Monday too :greengrin

cam75
07-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Did we lose out on SW move from rangers because of a sell on fee and whats that Chance of a brown sell on fee ?

--------
07-07-2012, 07:23 PM

Brown
Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Booth
Wotherspoon
Claros
Osbourne
Crainey
Stevenson
Doyle

His name is CAIRNEY.

Crainey played for Celtic years ago.

Piqué
07-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Stephen McManus being linked on twitter. Either on loan or permanent if freed by middlesbrough

essexhibee
07-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Agent Scotland on twitter claims McManus linked with us. Also said previously deano will talk with hibs. Could be pish however.

Cocaine&Caviar
07-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Agent Scotland on twitter claims McManus linked with us. Also said previously deano will talk with hibs. Could be pish however.

This would excite me more than the McPake signing, but more unrealistic IMO.

McPake & McManus would rival any in the league, including Celtic tbh, get a solid keeper behind them, and think we'd actually be solid at the back since the Hogg/Bamba glory days

DAVE1875
07-07-2012, 09:24 PM
This would excite me more than the McPake signing, but more unrealistic IMO.

McPake & McManus would rival any in the league, including Celtic tbh, get a solid keeper behind them, and think we'd actually be solid at the back since the Hogg/Bamba glory days
You're using the words Hogg & glory in the same sentence?

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i439/TheLovablePanda/Faces/WTF-1.gif

Iggy Pope
07-07-2012, 09:48 PM
You're using the words Hogg & glory in the same sentence?

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i439/TheLovablePanda/Faces/WTF-1.gif

More medals than Bamba got for us I believe?

weecounty hibby
07-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Mcmanus would be a good signing. If true it looks like PF is going for the hard to beat option first and then hopefully he'll move onto the silky football when that's done. I think longterm he will be good for our club

frazeHFC
07-07-2012, 09:54 PM
New GK

Clancy
McPake
New CB
Smith/Booth

New RM
Cairney
Stanton
New LM

Caldwell
Handling

I actually want us to win games. :agree:

SloopJB
07-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Bob Malcolm has signed for East Fife, sees it as a stepping stone to get to Ibrox.
They are also in for Colin Samuel.

reserve league to run this year as well as the under 19's.

SMAXXA
07-07-2012, 11:56 PM
I think that's where we are at as Hibees SH and hardly surprising after three seasons of utter mediocrity and very very poor recruitment. I am anxious, but anxious because I'm a little in the dark as to what style of play PF really favours.

There has been a really distinct lack of pace and width in the side for a few years. I'm a fan of the 'tanner ba' players and I really wanted to see us linked with good wide player (Hayes aside). We never seem to stretch sides and always play through the middle, quite slow build up play, very narrow - that kind of football annoys me. It's negative. Yes, folk will say 'oh but Spain/Barca play that way' - they have the beauty and benefit of having every single outfield player (and keeper) having the basic ability of football retention and keeping the ball moving. Hibernian players struggle, and I mean struggle, to pass a football back to the thrower from a shy !

I was always brought up on the very base principle of having a strong spine - solid commanding keeper, two commanding centre halves, playmaker in the middle, and solid front man. You build around that with pace and youth IMHO. I know that sounds basic, but it's what all good teams are built on.

Here we are before a season starts and we are without a keeper ! (Brown having not signed as yet) - I still remain unconvinced about Hanlon. We have no 'off your seat' midfielder - and we have no good, solid, link up/hold up striker. We have no genuine pace in the midfield/front area, albeit I honestly cannot believe he is sending young Danny Handling out on loan - both he and Ross Caldwell must shake their heads if they see the likes of Roy O'Donovan get ahead of them !

If we are in for Michilak I'd go for it. International experience, played for Leeds and did reasonably well, big and solid. I'd love, as I said last season, a Jason Koumas type player, someone who drives teams forward and has a bit of creativity - and I'd like a Jon Daly type up top to compliment Doyler and Ross Caldwell. I'd love Boothy to be given a crack at left midfield too.

I'd also (and I know I'll get stick for it) like to get Soares back - I think when he is on his game, he's a quality player. But that's the thing - getting him 'on his game'. Soares for me was always involved in good build up play which led to goals. Even giving him a floating role in the attacking midfield area with someone like Shiels playing in the same midfield - 4-3-3 offensive football (if we are not signing wingers) - seeing Claros, Lewis and Ozzy together in the same midfield again means only one thing.......side to side, slow, negative midfield play. None of them really want to commit and drive forward when they get the ball. The opposition get an eternity to regroup and get back into banks of four. We never occupy centre halves or full backs of opposition teams.

Get the back four solid, which I think he is doing in getting Clancy and McPake, have a good holding player in front (Claros for me), some creativity behind the front pair (Shiels for example or Soares), some bite and drive which can interchange with them (Cairney) and a leader (midfield) who can orchestrate in the opposition half and keep the pressure on and force the side forward.

Most important signing this summer though is a good, solid, commanding goalkeeper. Someone who when he shouts, you get the hell out of dodge - someone who pushes the team out it's own 6 yard box. Someone who the defenders absolutely trust. Second most important is a midfield general, someone who again drives the team forward and doesn't allow it to go into it's shell or get the crowd influencing their play if we are behind. Dare I say a Lennon or Keane.

And it's toffee bob bons for me tonight SH.......no doubt a dentist trip on Monday too :greengrin

I think your being very kind describing the last few seasons as mediocre, we've been shocking well below mediocre.

You make a lot of good points though in the rest of your post.

DAVE1875
08-07-2012, 12:40 AM

And look where each of them ended up, Hogg was like a lost kid at a fun fair without Jones

zlatan
08-07-2012, 01:52 AM

You're right. So did Simon Brown.

Iain G
08-07-2012, 04:21 AM
His name is CAIRNEY.

Crainey played for Celtic years ago.

Did you miss the news that we've signed Gerry Crainey, he looked fitter in training than O'Connor when on trial and he's 42... :wink::greengrin

Ray_
08-07-2012, 08:34 AM
A small mention in the Scotsman online report saying Claros having now departed. Sorry if its been mentioned elsewhere, but I hadn't seen anything, nor do know if its true or not.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-boss-pat-fenlon-says-rangers-uncertainty-has-disrupted-spl-clubs-summer-signing-plans-1-2398877

Callum_62
08-07-2012, 08:40 AM
A small mention in the Scotsman online report saying Claros having now departed. Sorry if its been mentioned elsewhere, but I hadn't seen anything, nor do know if its true or not.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-boss-pat-fenlon-says-rangers-uncertainty-has-disrupted-spl-clubs-summer-signing-plans-1-2398877

would find that odd, wasnt Fenlon in paper a few weeks ago saying "after a pre season we will see the best of him"

strange if true.

greenlad
08-07-2012, 08:45 AM

He's not :wink:

the upshot being the vast majority of arrivals at that time were on loan with all but McPake, who like Clancy and Cairney has signed a two-year deal, and Honduran midfielder Jorge Claros having now departed.

Its all in the commas

BEEJ
08-07-2012, 10:03 AM

It's just very poor English, Ray. The largely irrelevant reference in commas to Clancy and Cairney just confuses the main point of the sentence.

I thought the same as you on first reading. I had to read the sentence over again another three or four times before I got what the journalist was meaning. :rolleyes:

Hamish
08-07-2012, 10:21 AM
It's just very poor English, Ray. The largely irrelevant reference in commas to Clancy and Cairney just confuses the main point of the sentence.

I thought the same as you on first reading. I had to read the sentence over again another three or four times before I got what the journalist was meaning. :rolleyes:

:agree: I thought the same as Ray when I first saw it.

My old English teacher would have had a field day with the paragraph.

JHFC
08-07-2012, 10:42 AM
it is good English if you knew that what is between the commas can be completely removed and the sentence would still make perfect sense.

the upshot being the vast majority of arrivals at that time were on loan with all but McPake, who like Clancy and Cairney has signed a two-year deal, and Honduran midfielder Jorge Claros having now departed.

the upshot being the vast majority of arrivals at that time were on loan with all but McPake and Honduran midfielder Jorge Claros having now departed.

but of course that is not important

Swindonfan
08-07-2012, 11:12 AM
You could sign alan connell from swindon if you like. Top scorer last season. Fans favourite. On a free amazingly cos dicanio dont want him now. Ok hes not the complete player. But is realistic. Works his socks off. Will get goals thou maybe not as many as you would wish. But always gives 100% and all fans appreciate that.

With the EPL having a 25 player rule thing. Couldnt Hibs look to team up with a EPL club and look to get them to pay some of the wages of some loans to get some decent young guys to Hibs. For the EPL club they would have a player who wouldnt be near thier first team getting games and Hibs would hopefully get a decent young prospect with the EPL club paying some of the wages.

--------
08-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Did you miss the news that we've signed Gerry Crainey, he looked fitter in training than O'Connor when on trial and he's 42... :wink::greengrin

Sorry - just wondered if he was going to line up alongside our Central American midfielder Carlos that someone was rabbiting on about recently. :wink:

SouthMoroccoStu
08-07-2012, 11:54 AM

Him no rite English so good like

Yuillsy
08-07-2012, 11:57 AM
You're right. So did Simon Brown.

What medals did Simon Brown collect at Hibs?

R'Albin
08-07-2012, 11:58 AM
He's not :wink:

Its all in the commas

Surely even dashes would work slightly better ? I shouldn't have to read the paragraph multiple times to understand what the journalist means.

Aldo
08-07-2012, 12:07 PM
What medals did Simon Brown collect at Hibs?

He was backup keeper for CIS cup win

BEEJ
08-07-2012, 01:13 PM
it is good English if you knew that what is between the commas can be completely removed and the sentence would still make perfect sense.
I disagree. The part in parenthesis is utterly irrelevant to the main point of the sentence and therefore is a distraction.

It is a lazy technique of certain journalists to resort to the endless repetition from one article to the next of recent developments as a shortcut to fulfilling the word quota demanded of them by their editors.

S.sct
08-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Tom Miller onTalksport saying Mark Kerr andAlan Maybuty on trial

Maybury, no thanks.....

SMAXXA
08-07-2012, 04:23 PM
So who thinks we will announce any signings this week and if so who do you recon?

SteveHFC
08-07-2012, 04:25 PM
So who thinks we will announce any signings this week and if so who do you recon?

Stephen McManus

Colin Nish

Mark Kerr

and .................................

Amadou Konte

:cb

Hibeesmad
08-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Rumours that we have offered Byron Moore a contract can anybody confirm this?

Billychaotic182
08-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Rumours that we have offered Byron Moore a contract can anybody confirm this?

Was making the rounds on here last week. Saying that it's us and Aberdeen after him. Am sure if you google his name and hibs you will find the link

silverhibee
09-07-2012, 12:25 AM

Deek
Gaz
Deano
Thommo
Murphy
:aok:

SteveHFC
09-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Deek
Gaz
Deano
Thommo
Murphy

Do you know something we don't? :greengrin

.Sean.
09-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Deek
Gaz
Deano
Thommo
Murphy

I wish! If you know anything about Murphy or Thomson returning however, feel free to drop me a PM!

SteveHFC
09-07-2012, 12:42 AM
I wish! If you know anything about Murphy or Thomson returning however, feel free to drop me a PM!

and me :cb

phantomscotsman
09-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Just read PF's interview on the Evening News website about spl summer singings. it mentions about McPake, Clancy and Cairney being brought in and Claros having now departed? Checked hibs website and no mention of it? Anyone heard anything? Anyone care if it was true?

GGTTH:flag:

stokesmessiah
09-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Just read PF's interview on the Evening News website about spl summer singings. it mentions about McPake, Clancy and Cairney being brought in and Claros having now departed? Checked hibs website and no mention of it? Anyone heard anything? Anyone care if it was true?

Here comes another argument about grammar.

MrSmith
09-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Has been discussed and have to admit, it took me a bit of reading to get my head around it! As said before: "all in the commas".

opportunity to begin building the side he wants, his dealings in January made with the sole objective of keeping Hibs in the SPL, the upshot being the vast majority of arrivals at that time were on loan with all but McPake, who like Clancy and Cairney has signed a two-year deal, and Honduran midfielder Jorge Claros having now departed.

Read like this:

the upshot being the vast majority of arrivals at that time were on loan with all but McPake and Claros having now departed.

Jim44
09-07-2012, 09:53 AM

Not in the slightest.

phantomscotsman
09-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Has been discussed and have to admit, it took me a bit of reading to get my head around it! As said before: "all in the commas".

opportunity to begin building the side he wants, his dealings in January made with the sole objective of keeping Hibs in the SPL, the upshot being the vast majority of arrivals at that time were on loan with all but McPake, who like Clancy and Cairney has signed a two-year deal, and Honduran midfielder Jorge Claros having now departed.

Read like this:

the upshot being the vast majority of arrivals at that time were on loan with all but McPake and Claros having now departed.

I can see that now cheers. Wasnt sure if this had been brought up in another thread.

GreenPJ
09-07-2012, 09:56 AM
The article itself though is surely nonsense. He must know his budget as season tickets are the funding mechanism for signings.

phantomscotsman
09-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Not in the slightest.

Yeah im thinking the same... overhyped a wee bit for me... thought he was going to be a playmaker and tough, turned out to be the opposite for me.

flash
09-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Far too busy ratcheting up my moral indignation about Rangers to care either way.

phantomscotsman
09-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Far too busy ratcheting up my moral indignation about Rangers to care either way.

just been reading the HSC statement :top marks and the link to the Rankgers supporters reply :blah: and all the comments on other media sites... theyre all deluded...

goosefat
09-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Claros? - :yawn:.

Given the build up before he signed on loan, I don't think I have ever been so consistently underwhelmed by any other Hibs player.

lapsedhibee
09-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Claros? - :yawn:.

Given the build up before he signed on loan, I don't think I have ever been so consistently underwhelmed by any other Hibs player.

How soon we forget Edwin.

goosefat
09-07-2012, 01:24 PM
How soon we forget Edwin.
I don’t remember anyone waxing lyrical about the Giraffe like they were about Claros before he arrived...

SteveHFC
09-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Hopefully Claros is gone :aok:

Callum_62
09-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Hopefully Claros is gone :aok:

Dont understand the clamour to get rid of Claros. Everyone should have known from Jan till end of season he would struggle with the game here - as pretty much all players coming from the South American league too

Whats he costing us? a player with 40 odd caps for his country and we want rid ASAP

Sure, he may still be gash next year, but if he is not?

who do we replace him with?

he was poor 2nd half last season, but showed enough in glimpses that he had some real quality

here we have a guy who can actually pass and control a football.....thats right, a FOOTBALL player - but we should just send him back due to a poorish few months

I'll never understand hibs.net

basehibby
09-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Dont understand the clamour to get rid of Claros. Everyone should have known from Jan till end of season he would struggle with the game here - as pretty much all players coming from the South American league too

Whats he costing us? a player with 40 odd caps for his country and we want rid ASAP

he was poor 2nd half last season, but showed enough in glimpses that he had some real quality

here we have a guy who can actually pass and control a football.....thats right, a FOOTBALL player - but we should just send him back due to a poorish few months

:agree: Hibs.net is forever full of know-it-alls falling over each other to show off their knowledge of how sheight any given player is :rolleyes:

Vaz Te was written off as sheight by a great many Hibbies after failing to settle in his first half dozen games or so - wonder how much he'd go for now???

Claros is another player entirely and I'll admit that I've been disappointed with him on the whole so far - however, I have seen flashes of genuine quality and would not be at all surprised if he started to show that quality much more consistently with a good pre-season behind him and his family in Edinburgh to back him up. He has 6 months left of his loan at ER anyway and I fail to see how building up a tide of negativity about Claros amongst the support is going to help him settle into any kind of form.

Kujabi is another example - how many jumpers-on of the sheight-bandwagon have been falling over themselves to describe Kujabi as the worst defender in the history of football after an admittedly poor outing in the cup final (along with pretty much all of his team mates)? Said bandwagon jumpers conveniently forget the many decent performances he turned in prior to the cup final - including an "on a plate" assist laid on for Gary O'Connor in the opening minutes of the semi vs Aberdeen without which we might never have got to the final anyway. Makes me wonder if some Hibs.netters have been inadvertantly crossbred with goldfish :wink:

Famous Fiver
09-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Spotted him in a clip on STV news tonight of players traing at East Mains this morning.

How do I know it was this morning? I don't, but the same footage featured James McPake and other new arrivals and I don't think STV would be naughty enough to edit in footage of him training in the rain in the same gear as the others.

If he has gone it must have been this afternoon.

Perhaps there is a more knowledgeable member of Hibs.net who can put me right?

BEEJ
09-07-2012, 08:17 PM
In which case it will be because he can't hack the weather over here. :greengrin

(Post #13 did use the word 'hopefully'. There is no evidence that Claros has left the building.)

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Spotted him in a clip on STV news tonight of players traing at East Mains this morning.

How do I know it was this morning? I don't, but the same footage featured James McPake and other new arrivals and I don't think STV would be naughty enough to edit in footage of him training in the rain in the same gear as the others.

Perhaps there is a more knowledgeable member of Hibs.net who can put me right?

JC is still here, would expect him to play some part on Wednesday.....

AlbertK86
09-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Let's give the boy a chance

Yep he wiz poor in the final but was my MOM against the pars and I'm hopeful he may come good once he settles

Jim44
09-07-2012, 10:11 PM
:agree: Hibs.net is forever full of know-it-alls falling over each other to show off their knowledge of how sheight any given player is :rolleyes:

Vaz Te was written off as sheight by a great many Hibbies after failing to settle in his first half dozen games or so - wonder how much he'd go for now???

Claros is another player entirely and I'll admit that I've been disappointed with him on the whole so far - however, I have seen flashes of genuine quality and would not be at all surprised if he started to show that quality much more consistently with a good pre-season behind him and his family in Edinburgh to back him up. He has 6 months left of his loan at ER anyway and I fail to see how building up a tide of negativity about Claros amongst the support is going to help him settle into any kind of form.

Kujabi is another example - how many jumpers-on of the sheight-bandwagon have been falling over themselves to describe Kujabi as the worst defender in the history of football after an admittedly poor outing in the cup final (along with pretty much all of his team mates)? Said bandwagon jumpers conveniently forget the many decent performances he turned in prior to the cup final - including an "on a plate" assist laid on for Gary O'Connor in the opening minutes Uof the semi vs Aberdeen without which we might never have got to the final anyway. Makes me wonder if some Hibs.netters have been inadvertantly crossbred with goldfish :wink:

I object to being banded along with the Hibs.net know alls who apparently take pride in slagging off our players. I rarely criticize our players but I am convinced that Claros is not for us and would like to see him make way for a better prospect. For the record, I was hugely disappointed to see the back of Vas Te who in my opinion showed enough to suggest he could do a great job for us.

Hibernian88
10-07-2012, 04:16 AM
Winning will excite the fans, and to do that we need the players the manager wants, not some name that will spike interest in the short term, but do nothing for us if they aren't the right player.

I couldn't care less who the players are, where they've come from or how good their websites are... As long as they win!

Yeah, because all the players Fenlon brought in in January were a huge success weren't they... I don't think we even reached a better points average than Calderwood did last season...

We can't keep getting English league 1 players just in case they can do a job...

This is the level of players we should be looking at...

GK;
-Pernis
-Kello

DEF;
-Micholik
-McManus
-O'Dea

MID;
-McCourt/Riga
-Eremenko (not getting a game according to wiki)
-HAYES (I know he's joint Aberdeen but just mentioned him as Fenlon was an idiot for not getting him on a free)
-Alan Smith (If he is in a fit condition)

FOR;
-Shiels
-Griffiths
-Sandaza

007 Mickey Weir
10-07-2012, 06:30 AM
Yeah, because all the players Fenlon brought in in January were a huge success weren't they... I don't think we even reached a better points average than Calderwood did last season...

We can't keep getting English league 1 players just in case they can do a job...

GK;
-Pernis
-Kello

DEF;
-Micholik
-McManus
-O'Dea

MID;
-McCourt/Riga
-HAYES (I know he's joint Aberdeen but just mentioned him as Fenlon was an idiot for not getting him on a free)

FOR;
-Shiels
-Griffiths
-Sandaza

With what money? With season ticket sales down on last season and the newco nightmare still rolling in, no one wants to come to SPL even if we could offer mega bucks.

I think Sparky might be a late August edition if he doesn't move to another English team.

Brightside
10-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Wise up. There is no money. If we are very lucky there will be two more "average" signings. Like most teams Youth will play a huge part this season. The fans need to get used to teh idea of younger players coming in and getting a run in the team. I'd expect 1 striker and one more "utility" player to join.

Steve20
10-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Wise up. There is no money. If we are very lucky there will be two more "average" signings. Like most teams Youth will play a huge part this season. The fans need to get used to teh idea of younger players coming in and getting a run in the team. I'd expect 1 striker and one more "utility" player to join.

No keeper then?

If we don't bring in at least a keeper, a solid midfielder and two strikers then forget about this season.

Brightside
10-07-2012, 08:20 AM
I can see them starting the season with one of the young lads in goal. Same goes upfront. Scottish football is going to change massively over the next couple fo seasons.

scott7_0(Prague)
10-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Andy Carrol for Hibs??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18778825

:greengrin

Andy74
10-07-2012, 08:42 AM
I can see them starting the season with one of the young lads in goal. Same goes upfront. Scottish football is going to change massively over the next couple fo seasons.

I can't. A keeper is a stated priority and we've been linked with a few already.

Brown also has an offer and if he thinks he can get better than fine but if not he will also be back.

Pretty Boy
10-07-2012, 08:48 AM

GK;
-Pernis
-Kello

DEF;
-Micholik
-McManus
-O'Dea

MID;
-McCourt/Riga

FOR;
-Shiels
-Griffiths
-Sandaza

You do realise how much the likes of Eremenko, Kello and Smith would be looking for in wages?

Some folk really need to look at the financial outlook for Scottish football and then get real.

Golden Bear
10-07-2012, 08:49 AM

The laws of supply and demand will kick into the transfer market. I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of footballers out there who are without a club because of budget restraints in the current climate.

Beggars can't be choosers and I think that players will become available at sensible prices as the season approaches.

BroxburnHibee
10-07-2012, 08:54 AM
You do realise how much the likes of Eremenko, Kello and Smith would be looking for in wages?

Some folk really need to look at the financial outlook for Scottish football and then get real.

Surely the last 6 months shows us that Scottish football badly needed a reality check and all clubs should be grabbing this opportunity to get their houses in order.

Thankfully Hibs have already been through this so hopefully we will be better placed to deal with it but the fans have to get realistic on what we can afford.

brydekirk
10-07-2012, 09:36 AM
The board need to give a bit aswell, they cant expect the fans to keep paying up front for ST's to watch the same old crap we have endured the past two seasons.

sambajustice
10-07-2012, 10:22 AM
With no money kicking about it might turn out that our crap is just a little bit less crap than most others crap!

In all honesty, I don't think any team strengthened. Only got worse. United, Hearts and Aberdeen have all lost good players. St johnstone, inverness, st mirren too.

However we are really crap so I think nearly any signing would be strengthening. It really is time to start bringing through rakes of young players and just let them get on with it.

Leishy1995
10-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Sandaza is a free agent we should be looking at though. Same goes for shiels, we don't need another defender yet, a winger, a keeper, a striker and I'll be happy.

R'Albin
10-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Sandaza is a free agent we should be looking at though. Same goes for shiels, we don't need another defender yet, a winger, a keeper, a striker and I'll be happy.

The problem with Shiels is that we already have a player who seems to be very similar to him in Cairney. Don't get me wrong I'd love to sign Deano if we could however with our restricted budget this season I think we should look to strengthen other areas first.

Leishy1995
10-07-2012, 10:46 AM
The problem with Shiels is that we already have a player who seems to be very similar to him in Cairney. Don't get me wrong I'd love to sign Deano if we could however with our restricted budget this season I think we should look to strengthen other areas first.

good point I keep forgeting cairney, a striker, winger, and keeper then!

Steve20
10-07-2012, 10:50 AM
good point I keep forgeting cairney, a striker, winger, and keeper then!

I don't get why alot of people think bringing in 1 striker will be enough. We've lost O'Connor, Griffiths and O'Donovan since the end of the season. We should be bringing in minimum 2 new strikers.

S4uzee
10-07-2012, 10:53 AM
I don't get why alot of people think bringing in 1 striker will be enough. We've lost O'Connor, Griffiths and O'Donovan since the end of the season. We should be bringing in minimum 2 new strikers.

This. Its alright fenlon saying it is a big season for doyle but he rarely played between january and the end of the season. We definately need about 6 more players - 2x strikers/2 midfielders/ 1 defender/goalkeeper

Leishy1995
10-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Just noticed the post earlier mentioned Alan smith, he's signed for mk dons.

Leishy1995
10-07-2012, 10:56 AM

It isn't enough, we just won't get 2 more in.

Gez1875
10-07-2012, 10:57 AM
the mustapha riga rumour has been put up the last 4 or 5 transfer windows on that site, infact its mostly yams posting on that site.

Aldo
10-07-2012, 11:02 AM
It isn't enough, we just won't get 2 more in.

Aye we will. I expect a GK, 2 x CF, 1 x MF 1 x winger a another CH

That is the bare minimum IMHO

PatHead
10-07-2012, 11:08 AM

The only other areas which come as a priority are Goalkeeper and Striker. At this point we only have inexperienced players in these key positions.

The problem with Cairney is he is untried at this level and if he got injured we have absolutely no-one else who could do his job. We have a number of midfielders and maybe getting rid of one or two might free up budget.

The desperation of players is shown in that experienced SPL guys like Maybury and Kerr are willing to undergo a trial and Hibs do not appear to be upping their offer to Brown. The clubs will hopefully be able to drive a hard bargain whilst getting a decent squad together. Afraid patience will be the key. The days of players holding clubs to ransom appear to be over for the time being.

Leishy1995
10-07-2012, 11:13 AM

I'd be beyond delighted with that amount of players coming in. I just don't see hibs being able to do it.

S4uzee
10-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Can I ask how this thread has taken over from the other rumours one?

Aldo
10-07-2012, 11:19 AM
I'd be beyond delighted with that amount of players coming in. I just don't see hibs being able to do it.

I am being optimistic and uncle Rodders has opened the biscuit tin. PF has been at it non stop I believe so hopefully a few in this week.

I really do expect Another 6 in

Pretty Boy
10-07-2012, 11:28 AM

Got a feeling we will see a lot more of Caldwell and Handling in and around the matchday sqaud this year.

Both exciting prospects but agree we need a couple of strikers ready to go in the 1st team as its unfair to put such a pressure on 2 young lads.

Andy74
10-07-2012, 11:34 AM
I am being optimistic and uncle Rodders has opened the biscuit tin. PF has been at it non stop I believe so hopefully a few in this week.

I really do expect Another 6 in

I did, but PF seems to downplaying the whole numbers game at this moment and is talking about one striker and one goalkeeper.

Perhaps he is just being a bit coy but I'd expected a couple more by now and some more after that to follow.

I'm prepared for this team to be built over time but after losing 12 players I think we need more than just 4 or 5 in.

R'Albin
10-07-2012, 11:35 AM
The only other areas which come as a priority are Goalkeeper and Striker. At this point we only have inexperienced players in these key positions.

The problem with Cairney is he is untried at this level and if he got injured we have absolutely no-one else who could do his job. We have a number of midfielders and maybe getting rid of one or two might free up budget.

The desperation of players is shown in that experienced SPL guys like Maybury and Kerr are willing to undergo a trial and Hibs do not appear to be upping their offer to Brown. The clubs will hopefully be able to drive a hard bargain whilst getting a decent squad together. Afraid patience will be the key. The days of players holding clubs to ransom appear to be over for the time being.

Cairney may be untried but if Fenlon is signing him then he has to have faith in him to perform. If he gets injured we may have to settle with two flat central midfielders instead of one in the attacking role. Even Osbourne could maybe push forward slightly.

I think we need to be worrying about getting 2 strikers, 2 keepers, a left back or a left mid depending on Booth's position then a right mid. If we had all those then I think we should start searching for attacking midfielders.

Totally agree with the bottom statement. All teams will be weaker this season IMO.

truehibernian
10-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Got a feeling we will see a lot more of Caldwell and Handling in and around the matchday sqaud this year.

Both exciting prospects but agree we need a couple of strikers ready to go in the 1st team as its unfair to put such a pressure on 2 young lads.

Totally agree - both are ready and I can't for the life of me think why PF is considering a season long loan for DH. Saying that PB, I thought Scott Smith was ready last season too (for the left back berth).

Very very understandable that our perilous position last season meant lack of opportunities for both Ross and Danny. But I'd be looking at one of them to be a fixture in our starting strike partnership with Doyle. Caldwell has more braun and power about him so it looks like it's him that is stepping up to the plate. If we could pinch a John Sutton type I'd be even happier.

I really rate Eoin Doyle and think he was very very unlucky to not have started the Cup Final. You can see he has game awareness and intelligence. Stays onside, reads the line, very very good close control and runs channels when required. Peels away from markers well too. I hope PF picks him and keeps him there - he'll rattle in the goals next season I think.

Cocaine&Caviar
10-07-2012, 11:44 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18781023

Id take Jennings.

EK_Hibs
10-07-2012, 11:46 AM

Id take Jennings.

So would I but if reports are correct and Coventry are in talks then they'll be able to offer him much higher wages than us

Scouse Hibee
10-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Totally agree - both are ready and I can't for the life of me think why PF is considering a season long loan for DH. Saying that PB, I thought Scott Smith was ready last season too (for the left back berth).

Very very understandable that our perilous position last season meant lack of opportunities for both Ross and Danny. But I'd be looking at one of them to be a fixture in our starting strike partnership with Doyle. Caldwell has more braun and power about him so it looks like it's him that is stepping up to the plate. If we could pinch a John Sutton type I'd be even happier.

I really rate Eoin Doyle and think he was very very unlucky to not have started the Cup Final. You can see he has game awareness and intelligence. Stays onside, reads the line, very very good close control and runs channels when required. Peels away from markers well too. I hope PF picks him and keeps him there - he'll rattle in the goals next season I think.

I don't! I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

scoopyboy
10-07-2012, 11:57 AM

Handling bound for Cowdenbeath for a season on loan was my info a few weeks back.

However never seen it confirmed so I might be wrong.

scoopyboy
10-07-2012, 11:58 AM
So would I but if reports are correct and Coventry are in talks then they'll be able to offer him much higher wages than us

Not now they won't.

They are having to cut their cloth dramatically following their relegation to the First from the Championship.

Still would pay higher than Hibs though, but not lots more.

PatHead
10-07-2012, 12:00 PM

Normally would agree but Coventry are in deep doo doo financially just now. You never know............would take him in no problem as he always impressed with Motherwell who will miss him. They will definately be weaker this season.

allezsauzee
10-07-2012, 12:17 PM
I think Claros has shown that he's decent player in patches but bear in mind he can't speak or understanding English. I don't know much about Honduran football but i'm guessing it's probably different from the SPL. He's going to find it difficult to adjust quickly, especially in poor team. Hopefully we'll see him play to his full potential in a Hibs shirt next season.

Franck Stanton
10-07-2012, 12:41 PM

Id take Jennings.

So, I suspect, would most Hibs supporters, it's more a question of whether Jennings would come to us than whether or not we want him.

brog
10-07-2012, 12:53 PM

Kujabi is another example - how many jumpers-on of the sheight-bandwagon have been falling over themselves to describe Kujabi as the worst defender in the history of football after an admittedly poor outing in the cup final (along with pretty much all of his team mates)? Said bandwagon jumpers conveniently forget the many decent performances he turned in prior to the cup final - including an "on a plate" assist laid on for Gary O'Connor in the opening minutes of the semi vs Aberdeen without which we might never have got to the final anyway. Makes me wonder if some Hibs.netters have been inadvertantly crossbred with goldfish :wink:

While I agree with much of your post I ( & many others ) certainly did not jump on the bandwagon re PK. I posted & almost begged well before the final for him not to be played. I also stated he's decent going forward but in a final our priority was to defend & in that area of the game he's abject. It wasn't coincidence Suso started in the final despite having hardly played all season.
PS, I may have been crossbred with a goldfish but I know how to spell inadvertently - Gulp!! :wink:

Speedway
10-07-2012, 01:01 PM
I did, but PF seems to downplaying the whole numbers game at this moment and is talking about one striker and one goalkeeper.

Perhaps he is just being a bit coy but I'd expected a couple more by now and some more after that to follow.

I'm prepared for this team to be built over time but after losing 12 players I think we need more than just 4 or 5 in.

A couple more are in by now. Their names are Maybury and Kerr. They are here because they are both very cheap and will be signed in about 4 weeks from now when all else fails.

hibIBZ
10-07-2012, 01:13 PM
i think patience is needed, come august there will be players around that havnt got a deal yet and will take a wage drop. not keen on the idea of kerr or maybury. both pretty average imo. i think some of the younger guys deserve a chance. we have managed to build a team around young players before but we deff need a steady keeper and a striker

BEEJ
10-07-2012, 01:20 PM

Jings, it must be getting bad when Andy74 starts to wobble! :eek:

Handling bound for Cowdenbeath for a season on loan was my info a few weeks back.

Or maybe the shifting financial landscape in Scottish football has caused one or both sides to have a re-think.

Elephant Stone
10-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Don't get too excited, as soon as he makes his first mistake the forum will be full of the usual posts berating hibs for signing ***** keepers.

I've never seen any posts berating Hibs for signing Brown or Stack. Any criticism for signing the other jokers would be well and truly justified!

hibIBZ
10-07-2012, 01:31 PM
according to wikipedia byron moore signed yesterday..... can anybody confirm?

Chuck Rhoades
10-07-2012, 01:42 PM

Heard that he signed today along with Williams.

Williams and Moore to be revealed on Thursday - not sure what the delay represents if both are signed?

Andy74
10-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Promising. Moore looks like he'd be a decent signing too. Scored in the recent play offs?

Edit: his manager doesn't think he is going. This from today:

Davis also revealed the club are making progress on Moore's new contract, adding: "We are very close with Byron. I spoke with his agent on Monday and have had conversations with Byron over the last week. I will speak again with his agent and hopefully we can get something agreed."

Aldo
10-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Keeper and wide man (app signed) that leaves 2 x strikers/another Ch and a MF

GordonHFC
10-07-2012, 02:53 PM

According to his Wikipedia 'Hibernian' signed for us yesterday.

Dunbar Hibee
10-07-2012, 03:02 PM

No, I believe this is the case. :agree:

stokesmessiah
10-07-2012, 03:03 PM

According to his Wikipedia 'Hibernian' signed for us yesterday.

That's what he said.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-07-2012, 03:45 PM

Sorry, who?

Would defo take Jennings.....that would definitely strengthen Hibs/Coventry relationships after we took McPake for free.

yekimevol
10-07-2012, 04:22 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18410649

Moore taken a new contract at crew alex according to the bbc

Aldo
10-07-2012, 04:27 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18410649

Moore taken a new contract at crew alex according to the bbc

Crewe Alexandra are HOPING to tie up Bryon Moore on a new two year deal. Nothing signed yet??

BEEJ
10-07-2012, 06:47 PM
This. Its alright fenlon saying it is a big season for doyle but he rarely played between january and the end of the season. We definately need about 6 more players - 2x strikers/2 midfielders/ 1 defender/goalkeeper

Well here's PF's latest take on the numbers in and out of the squad this window.

"We don't have a big squad and we need to add a few more to it and if we can do that we will be delighted."

"We let 14 or 15 players go and we are not going to be in a position to sign that many players but we have brought in four and we are hoping we can bring in a few more to strengthen the squad," he said.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/financial-fear-fenlon-172459132.html

So just three or four more, which would give us a squad size of 24.

S.sct
10-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Crewe Alexandra are HOPING to tie up Bryon Moore on a new two year deal. Nothing signed yet??

There is another story from 4th July (I think) that say's he's signed (for Crewe). Apparently not much interest in him so has signed for another year. Not sure we were every in for this guy.

DC_Hibs
10-07-2012, 07:27 PM
There is another story from 4th July (I think) that say's he's signed (for Crewe). Apparently not much interest in him so has signed for another year. Not sure we were every in for this guy.

Aye, 2011.

DC_Hibs
10-07-2012, 07:28 PM

The article must have been amended since his post as its blatantly obvious from the headline and content that he hadn't signed..........

scoopyboy
10-07-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm sure Crewe are desperate to get him to sign as Hibs would be bad news for them.

If he was to sign for an English club Crewe would receive compensation but if we get him they are entitled to nothing.

IIRC it was the same with Clayton Donaldson.

Aldo
10-07-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm sure Crewe are desperate to get him to sign as Hibs would be bad news for them.

If he was to sign for an English club Crewe would receive compensation but if we get him they are entitled to nothing.

They would lose out on compensation as he is U24. If he stayed and signed for a club down there they would get some.

Nowt if he signs fur us. Same as CD

Monts
10-07-2012, 08:13 PM

They would lose out on compensation as he is U24. If he stayed and signed for a club down there they would get some.

Nowt if he signs fur us. Same as CD

I Like how you have quoted scoopyboy and then just said the exact same thing, with different words :greengrin

Aldo
10-07-2012, 08:19 PM
I Like how you have quoted scoopyboy and then just said the exact same thing, with different words :greengrin

**** didnt realize I had done that. Fud that I am. I really only meant to write They Would.

Maybe we are one in the same person ........

Not😉

Peevemor
10-07-2012, 08:22 PM

I noticed that. He quoted the boy then said exactly the same thing, only with different words. :agree:

scoopyboy
10-07-2012, 08:25 PM
**** didnt realize I had done that. Fud that I am. I really only meant to write They Would.

Maybe we are one in the same person ........

Not

Oi you, wots wrong with being me:wink:

Aldo
10-07-2012, 08:26 PM
I noticed that. He quoted the boy then said exactly the same thing, only with different words. :agree:

Wot is this pick on Aldo nite is it?? 😝

Can a lad no make a mistake these days?? I shake ma head ( can you hear it rattling)

Aldo
10-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Oi you, wots wrong with being me:wink:

Don't know... Would you want to be me??

SouthMoroccoStu
10-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Like the sound of Moore, hopefully we can get a deal done, if we're truly interested that is.

So where are we at with regards to the following......

Any word on deano?

Any word on lubo?

Any word on that skilled guy who wasn't fit enough in the January?

And a big striker who scores a large number of goals, name to be confirmed......?

And for what it's worth, I would take maybury and Kerr. I know that this is a debate for another thread but they would be good solid squad players with the right work ethos and good attitude to have around the training facility for the younger players.

And I also have a feeling Leigh will be back.

Monts
10-07-2012, 08:29 PM

scoopyboy
10-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Don't know... Would you want to be me??

I could do with being 42 again right enough

Aldo
10-07-2012, 08:35 PM
I could do with being 42 again right enough

42 and a half actually and youngish fur ma age. ( I think so any way) Take it by that your aulder but wiser????

Last Minute
10-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Like the sound of Moore, hopefully we can get a deal done, if we're truly interested that is.

So where are we at with regards to the following......

Any word on deano?

Any word on lubo?

Any word on that skilled guy who wasn't fit enough in the January?

And a big striker who scores a large number of goals, name to be confirmed......?

And for what it's worth, I would take maybury and Kerr. I know that this is a debate for another thread but they would be good solid squad players with the right work ethos and good attitude to have around the training facility for the younger players.

And I also have a feeling Leigh will be back.

Deano will not be at Hibs this year:fuming:

Jonnyboy
10-07-2012, 08:44 PM

Good post Callum :agree:

To those who cite the 'build up' afforded to Claros before we signed him - ask yourself who it was that provided that 'build up' and I reckon you'll find it was the weedgie meedja who drooled over his arrival because it was thought he was going to be a hun.

It's more than a bit doubtful they knew anything about him but they still talked him up and then used the 'stolen from under the noses of Rangers' angle to perpetuate the myth.

We should be judging Claros in the coming season and not on what we had to endure from the whole squad last season

scoopyboy
10-07-2012, 08:45 PM
42 and a half actually and youngish fur ma age. ( I think so any way) Take it by that your aulder but wiser????

Aulder = yes.
Wiser, not so sure.

Aldo
10-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Aulder = yes.
Wiser, not so sure.

They say the aulder ye are the wiser ye get... I think the aulder ye get the more grumpier you get... Well that's me anyway... Ask ma girls

SouthMoroccoStu
10-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Deano will not be at Hibs this year:fuming:

Aw..... Thats no good.

Mind to share how you have come to learn this?

Last Minute
10-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Aw..... Thats no good.

Mind to share how you have come to learn this?

himself

SouthMoroccoStu
10-07-2012, 09:18 PM
himself

Flip it, that's a pretty good source.

Did he say why or where he would be going instead?

JustSimplyHibs
10-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Flip it, that's a pretty good source.

Did he say why or where he would be going instead?

He remembers the clubs former non disciplined approach and drinking culture, something that Fenlon is trying to eradicate...so he wouldn't fit in as it sounds like to much hard work for him :wink:

Maybes why Sproule is getting touted for a move :greengrin

Hibiza
11-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Craig beattie

Leishy1995
11-07-2012, 02:08 PM
That would cause all hearts fans to vomit.

BoltonHibee
11-07-2012, 02:11 PM
We would have to do another run of XL home and away tops....never going to happen

Hibiza
11-07-2012, 02:13 PM
As good as anyone around.

Kojock
11-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Thought he was going to Sevco with his mate Blackie.

Heres a song Sevco fans will be singing,

Debt-free, wherever we may be,
We're gonna buy everyone we see,
and we don't give a ***k about the transfer fee,'
Cos we are the wealthy RFC

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi diddly dee **** off to division 3, been singing that all weekend. :greengrin

neilmartinrocks
11-07-2012, 02:30 PM
That would cause all hearts fans to vomit.

no tae mention quite a few Hibs fans!!

Leishy1995
11-07-2012, 03:28 PM
no tae mention quite a few Hibs fans!!

I will happily take him on and then they can spew all they want.

Pretty Boy
11-07-2012, 03:35 PM
I'd take him.

Cairney..............................McFadden

..............Beattie..........Doyle..............

Not a bad attacking line up really!!

Hermit Crab
11-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Has this not been discussed already?

Ross4356
11-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Does anyone other than PF rate Doyle?

Pretty Boy
11-07-2012, 03:52 PM

I do.

Was clearly taking a long time to adjust when he arrived but i thought in the St Mirren game near the end of the season, despite missing a couple of sitters, he showed some good movement and touches. He was also very good against Dunfermilne in the 2nd last game.

The kind of forward who will run the channels, drag players about and create space.

Stevie Reid
11-07-2012, 03:56 PM

I most certainly do.

Golden Bear
11-07-2012, 04:00 PM

I think Doyle could be a key player for us this season.

He's got pace, good positional sense, awareness, and now seems to have added upper body strength since he first signed. He was a bit unlucky (or maybe lucky as things turned out) not to have been included in the cup final line up.

CallumLaidlaw
11-07-2012, 04:00 PM

Absolutely. His movement is excellent and I think he'll be an important player this year

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2012, 04:03 PM
He was ok last season, he was learning the league and stepping up in standard. He along with the rest will need to improve.

3pm
11-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Not so obvious how many games Beattie would play. No thanks.