PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Hibs transfer rumours

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

JustSimplyHibs
02-07-2012, 08:56 AM
I would have thought Gazza exemplified the bad attitudes that Fenlon wants to get rid of?

Didn't hear anyone moaning when we had a team full of these players under Mowbray :confused:

IWasThere2016
02-07-2012, 08:57 AM
I would have thought Gazza exemplified the bad attitudes that Fenlon wants to get rid of?

GOC's been very lucky to still be a free man ... maybe we will see a totally reformed character?

Andy74
02-07-2012, 09:00 AM
He was definately out getting smashed after the cup final. If this new team is really going to have a new attitude then do we really need or want that kind of carachter in it?

If we sign GoC then my opinion is that this whole new attitude thing is just a marketing slogan and nothing else.

Or the manager might fance trying to manage him?

If he can recreate his start to last season and keep it up then he would be a decent asset.

It's going to be tough finding a couple of strikers that are better. It can be done of course, but I think a one year deal to see how it works out would be fine.

GreenPJ
02-07-2012, 09:00 AM
GOC's been very lucky to still be a free man ... maybe we will see a totally reformed character?

Let someone else take that risk.

bingo70
02-07-2012, 09:03 AM
I agree, however these guys can score goals given the proper service and support and the YAMs have midfielders with desire and a willingness to get forward to support...name three Hibs players from midfield that have that mould? Wotherspoon is the only one and he only seems to play well when it's for Scotland

I made my thoughts on our midfield (and one particular 'box to box' midfielder in particular) pretty clear during the season, absolutely honking and no where near good enough, however that doesn't change the fact that when the ball went forward it wasn't sticking so supporting our forwards was an impossible task.

Didn't hear anyone moaning when we had a team full of these players under Mowbray :confused:

We were good then, if the teams playing well then we can turn a blind eye to off field behaviour but when we're only staying in the spl with one game to spare and pumped off hearts in the cup final then they can expect to get there lifestyle scrutinized

bingo70
02-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Or the manager might fance trying to manage him?

If he can recreate his start to last season and keep it up then he would be a decent asset.

It's going to be tough finding a couple of strikers that are better. It can be done of course, but I think a one year deal to see how it works out would be fine.

Maybe but I've got my doubts.

If he could recreate his form from the start of last season he should have done it throughout the season when we needed him to, the reason he never IMO is because he's got a stinking attitude and i had hoped we might have seen the last of that last season.

calumb
02-07-2012, 09:11 AM

aye you would think that but as he is planning to appeal the 200 hours community service then maybe he does not agree with you.

Walter
02-07-2012, 09:17 AM
aye you would think that but as he is planning to appeal the 200 hours community service then maybe he does not agree with you.

Personally I hope he gets an increased sentence for having the brass neck to appeal. He is the end of a belll

Andy74
02-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Maybe but I've got my doubts.

If he could recreate his form from the start of last season he should have done it throughout the season when we needed him to, the reason he never IMO is because he's got a stinking attitude and i had hoped we might have seen the last of that last season.

Yeah, I've my doubts too but I think he got an injury which probably explained a fair bit of the poorer form after his good start. The court cases won't have helped, but were obviously his fault.

Still, he got us key goals - away to Dunfermline, the cup semi final, and I wouldn't be so quick to discard him when we have lost so many others.

If he does get a deal I think it would be an indication that when he does attend his job at ER and training that he does actually show the attitude that Fenlon wants.

One of these that I wouldn't be that unhappy either way to be honest.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-07-2012, 09:20 AM
In terms of ability, I wouldn't be worried about GOC coming back to us, but I would make sure that his contract was linked to his physical condition. For all the hoo hah and fall outs because he is " one of our own", his fitness level and application was disgraceful. At a time in his life when he needed to paint a positive picture, he looked like a punch drunk wino on the turn.

flash
02-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Personally I hope he gets an increased sentence for having the brass neck to appeal. He is the end of a belll

No doubt you are familiar with all the details of the case Petrocelli.

bingo70
02-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I've my doubts too but I think he got an injury which probably explained a fair bit of the poorer form after his good start. The court cases won't have helped, but were obviously his fault.

Still, he got us key goals - away to Dunfermline, the cup semi final, and I wouldn't be so quick to discard him when we have lost so many others.

If he does get a deal I think it would be an indication that when he does attend his job at ER and training that he does actually show the attitude that Fenlon wants.

One of these that I wouldn't be that unhappy either way to be honest.

Yeah, fair enough.

I think my views on GoC are probably tainted by my opinion of him off the pitch. Maybe unfair as i don't know him personally but i just think he seems like an absolute weapon and i'm fed up having players in the hibs team that i cannae stand. Between him, Griffiths and Doherty i don't think i've ever liked a hibs team less and was hoping for a fresh start this season.

As you say though, if he does stay and scores goals for us i'm sure i'll get over it.

goosefat
02-07-2012, 09:29 AM
In my opinion, if he’s given decent service (and I don’t mean 200 hours community) then, at the dizzy hights of SPL level, GOC will score goals. Last season the midfield was horrible. If we can get some fight, creativity and service from a fresh midfield then I think even a pie and coke filled GOC will provide a steady stream of goals throughout next season.

It’s just a case of whether we want all the baggage and hassle he also brings...:dunno:

IWasThere2016
02-07-2012, 09:35 AM

Didn't know that. Not a wise move IMHO.

Stevie Reid
02-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Two from twitter...

@AgentScotland: Dean Shiels has had informal talks about a return to Easter Road with Hibernian

Would be absolutely delighted if this was to come to fruition.

MyJo
02-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Pleased with the signing of cairney, sounds like the kind of player we have been crying out for with plenty of game time in the 1st division and a hunger to step up and prove himself to boot.

I would be delighted if shiels came back as he is a much improved player and would walk into our midfield just now.

If o'connor Stays off the bevvy and properly knuckles down for next season I'd give him another year but if he is likely to be a disruptive influence in the dressing room then tell him to bolt

Leishy1995
02-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Signing shiels wouldn't be the same as going back to Ivan etc. Because he's already started his SPL career again at killie, successfully showing his talent. I think that shows we've got a manager who paid attention to other clubs last year.

RickyS
02-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Would be absolutely delighted if this was to come to fruition.

still lives over the road fi the west stand i think

bingo70
02-07-2012, 10:43 AM
From the way Fenlon describes Cairney i'd be surprised if we're going to go for Shiels as well, sounds like they're the same type of player

Andy74
02-07-2012, 10:58 AM
From the way Fenlon describes Cairney i'd be surprised if we're going to go for Shiels as well, sounds like they're the same type of player

I'm not sure having more than one wee attack minded midfield player who can pass the ball and also beat a man will ever catch on.

bingo70
02-07-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm not sure having more than one wee attack minded midfield player who can pass the ball and also beat a man will ever catch on.

In an ideal world we'd want a couple of them but with us having a reduced budget this season because of poor ST sales and also having so many new players to sign i'd be surprised if we'd use up some of our budget on two very similar players.

PatHead
02-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Re Garry O

I really can't make my mind up whether I want him. If we could guarantee the player that started last season and we were all touting him for a Scotland call up it is a no brainer. If I had 2 serious court cases against me I don't think I would be performing to the best of my ability at work. Add in the injury which may have added to the lack of fitness and it may help excuse some of his performances. If we are signing him we would need to get a full pre-season as he is useless unless he is fit. Perhaps being surrounded by "better" professionals might help but I fear he will never learn. Maybe looking at Deek's current predicament might be a wake up call.

The bottom line is what can we get as an alternative who may be as good as a top Garry O on the same money?

I would hate to see him go to Aberdeen and knock in the goals. All in all a very difficult decision but my gut reaction would be to take him on a pay per play

Andy74
02-07-2012, 11:08 AM
In an ideal world we'd want a couple of them but with us having a reduced budget this season because of poor ST sales and also having so many new players to sign i'd be surprised if we'd use up some of our budget on two very similar players.

I'll disagree with many others in that I think in central midfield we aren't badly served with Stevenson, Claros and Ozzy - provided they are asked to do just the job they are suited for.

What we haven't had at all is anyone with any ability in an attacking sense from midfield either wide as wingers or in linking up from midfield to attack.

I'd imagine this is the missing link that would right a lot of wrongs in the team and would expect Pat to be lloking to sign 2 or 3 players who are either wingers or attacking midfield players, Cairney being one of them.

Walter
02-07-2012, 11:11 AM
No doubt you are familiar with all the details of the case Petrocelli.

Nope. And neither do I need to be aware of all the details of the case in order to form my own opinion, which I constructed thusly:

1. He has appeared in court on two separate various charges: I do not believe this is a co-incidence and that he has been unlucky. I don't care that they have no bearing collectively, because they have a collective bearing on my opinion.

2. He has been found guilty: If you do cannot do the time don't do the crime. Have some dignity and accept your punishment rather than whingeing and weaseling and acting as though you are some kind of victim who the justice system has punished unduly.

3. HIs tan is ridiculous. And his antics after the Cup Final to me just shows he is a 100% clown who will never learn.

This is my opinion, I am entitled to it. Have your own, but don't pick at mine.

bingo70
02-07-2012, 11:16 AM
I'll disagree with many others in that I think in central midfield we aren't badly served with Stevenson, Claros and Ozzy - provided they are asked to do just the job they are suited for.

What we haven't had at all is anyone with any ability in an attacking sense from midfield either wide as wingers or in linking up from midfield to attack.

I'd imagine this is the missing link that would right a lot of wrongs in the team and would expect Pat to be lloking to sign 2 or 3 players who are either wingers or attacking midfield players, Cairney being one of them.

I agree with this and agree we need more attacking players, however we've not got Cairney through the middle now so i'd expect us to try and sign a couple of wingers now rather than another player similar to Cairney.

scott_hfc1875
02-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Anyone know what's happening with that kalonas guy , im sure a couple said we where having him back to take a look ,is that still on?

scoopyboy
02-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Nope. And neither do I need to be aware of all the details of the case in order to form my own opinion, which I constructed thusly:

1. He has appeared in court on two separate various charges: I do not believe this is a co-incidence and that he has been unlucky. I don't care that they have no bearing collectively, because they have a collective bearing on my opinion.

2. He has been found guilty: If you do cannot do the time don't do the crime. Have some dignity and accept your punishment rather than whingeing and weaseling and acting as though you are some kind of victim who the justice system has punished unduly.

3. HIs tan is ridiculous. And his antics after the Cup Final to me just shows he is a 100% clown who will never learn.

Does that make sense?

Iceman1875
02-07-2012, 11:35 AM

Agreed.

JustSimplyHibs
02-07-2012, 11:52 AM
I made my thoughts on our midfield (and one particular 'box to box' midfielder in particular) pretty clear during the season, absolutely honking and no where near good enough, however that doesn't change the fact that when the ball went forward it wasn't sticking so supporting our forwards was an impossible task.

We were good then, if the teams playing well then we can turn a blind eye to off field behaviour but when we're only staying in the spl with one game to spare and pumped off hearts in the cup final then they can expect to get there lifestyle scrutinized

Disagree with that, just because a team is good doesn't mean you allow them to go out on the ran dan every Saturday night, sorry but that doesn't wash. Seriously though were we good? we never won anything, leaked goals probably worse than last season our only saving grace was that we had hungry young players wanting to make a name for themselves and get better moves, which they done.

Hibby Kay-Yay
02-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Why not take the Spanish/Craig Levein approach of not having an out in out striker in the team :devil:

truehibernian
02-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Signing shiels wouldn't be the same as going back to Ivan etc. Because he's already started his SPL career again at killie, successfully showing his talent. I think that shows we've got a manager who paid attention to other clubs last year.

Dean is one player I would welcome back with open arms. A player who actually progressed and learned the game from his time down south. One of the most intelligent 'off the ball' players I've seen too.

I remember bumping into Mixu in a Edinburgh public house :-) soon after the big man became manager. He simply couldn't believe why Deano wasn't a first pick under JC. He rated Dean as one of the best players at the club (and the SPL).

Really hope this story has substance.

bingo70
02-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Disagree with that, just because a team is good doesn't mean you allow them to go out on the ran dan every Saturday night, sorry but that doesn't wash. Seriously though were we good? we never won anything, leaked goals probably worse than last season our only saving grace was that we had hungry young players wanting to make a name for themselves and get better moves, which they done.

It's not what should happen but it does happen. If they're performing on the park they will get questioned less about what you get up to in there own time. IMO professional footballers should be tee-total during the season or certainly avoid getting drunk so you're preaching to the converted here.

I think they were good, certainly great to watch so people cut them a bit slack although my memory is that they did recieve some flak for being in george st too much.

Spike Mandela
02-07-2012, 12:25 PM

Another season with these 3 limited midfielders in our midfield would give us another season like last year imo. Completely outplayed each week last year and would provide at best a lower league placing or worse relegation. Hopefully Cairney is just a start.

--------
02-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Transfer window has technically JUST opened and we have two months to find players with "bottle" to wear the bottle kit (best kit in years IMHO)

No. The season starts 5 weeks yesterday. Pat and the board need to shift themselves.

We need two strikers, another goalkeeper, another defender, and at least two midfield players. The squad is very, very thin. Even if we get those,m we'll probably need to strengthen in January.

I agree, Andy. I remember when we had Alex Edwards and Alex Cropley in the same forward line, and the team really sucked.

Billy Whizz
02-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Another season with these 3 limited midfielders in our midfield would give us another season like last year imo. Completely outplayed each week last year and would provide at best a lower league placing or worse relegation. Hopefully Cairney is just a start.

Stevenson, Osbourne and Sproule should not be 1st picks next season. Is Stevenson suspended for the 1st game anyway?

Thomson
02-07-2012, 12:37 PM
http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/jump?http%3A%2F%2Fwww1.skysports.com%2Ffootball%2F news%2F11792%2F7859036%2F

Looks like O'Connor won't be back. :aok:

CallumLaidlaw
02-07-2012, 12:37 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/7859036/

hibeesjoe
02-07-2012, 12:44 PM
I thought Dean Shiels had not long signed a contract with Killie. If true then i cant see them letting him leave

The_Horde
02-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Can't see Gaz going back to Russia after the last time.

--------
02-07-2012, 12:53 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/kevin-kyle-prepares-to-kick-start-career-at-dunfermline-1-2387345

Well, at least he won't be replaced by the Big Fat Jambo Crock.

Didn't realise it was a 2-for-1 deal - punt one, lose another for free. :thumbsup:

Andy74
02-07-2012, 12:55 PM
I thought Dean Shiels had not long signed a contract with Killie. If true then i cant see them letting him leave

He's only been there on loan has he not? Is his contract also up at Darlington so he can move wherever he wants?

KeithTheHibby
02-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Not sure how GoC can possibly play abroad and complete his 200 hours community service within the next 6 months at the same time?

Billy Whizz
02-07-2012, 12:58 PM
He's only been there on loan has he not? Is his contract also up at Darlington so he can move wherever he wants?

You mean Doncaster!
He's out of contract there now I believe so is free to do what he wants

Stevie Reid
02-07-2012, 12:59 PM

He was there on loan until January, then Doncaster released him and he signed for Killie until the end of the season. Definitely out of contract now.

Westie1875
02-07-2012, 01:04 PM
http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/jump?http%3A%2F%2Fwww1.skysports.com%2Ffootball%2F news%2F11792%2F7859036%2F

I wouldn't be too sure about that, he has a lot of community service to do over the coming months.

GreenPJ
02-07-2012, 01:06 PM
No. The season starts 5 weeks yesterday. Pat and the board need to shift themselves.

We need two strikers, another goalkeeper, another defender, and at least two midfield players. The squad is very, very thin. Even if we get those,m we'll probably need to strengthen in January.

I agree, Andy. I remember when we had Alex Edwards and Alex Cropley in the same forward line, and the team really sucked.

Do you honestly believe that we will bring in (on top of the 3 already announced) an additional 6 players and then bring in more in Jan? Whether its needed or not is a different question but I would have expected Pat to have put a case to Rod to say that this size of overhaul is probably a 2 or 3 window job.

Thomson
02-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Not sure how GoC can possibly play abroad and complete his 200 hours community service within the next 6 months at the same time?

This was my first thought too. :confused:

silverhibee
02-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Pleased with the signing of cairney, sounds like the kind of player we have been crying out for with plenty of game time in the 1st division and a hunger to step up and prove himself to boot.

I would be delighted if shiels came back as he is a much improved player and would walk into our midfield just now.

If o'connor Stays off the bevvy and properly knuckles down for next season I'd give him another year but if he is likely to be a disruptive influence in the dressing room then tell him to bolt

Its not the bevvy he needs to stay of.

silverhibee
02-07-2012, 01:12 PM
still lives over the road fi the west stand i think

Stays in Glasgow. :aok:

silverhibee
02-07-2012, 01:16 PM

I doubt he will be allowed to do his Community Service in Russia.

--------
02-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Do you honestly believe that we will bring in (on top of the 3 already announced) an additional 6 players and then bring in more in Jan? Whether its needed or not is a different question but I would have expected Pat to have put a case to Rod to say that this size of overhaul is probably a 2 or 3 window job.

Truthfully, no.

What I'm saying is, this is what we need - talk of us leading the challenge to Celtic next season (McPake in the Record) or making the top half of the SPL are woefully premature IMO.

We've signed a couple of reasonable defenders and a midfield player from SFL One - provided Pat has done his homework, good.

Pat is talking about other signings - good.

But right now he's operating with a skeleton staff; at last count the squad was as follows:

Goalies - Mark Brown (who I understand hasn't yet agreed terms?) and Paul Grant (very inexperienced).

Defenders - Tim Clancy, James McPake, Paul Hanlon, Pa Kujabi, Sean O'Hanlon (who has been told he can look for another club), Scott Smith (very inexperienced), David Stephens, and Callum Booth (who's hardly played since the early part of last season).

Midfielders - David Wotherspoon, Jorge Claros, Danny Galbraith, Lewis Stevenson, Ivan Sproule, Isaiah Osbourne, Sam Stanton, and now Paul Cairney. Of those the only 2 I'd say were reasonably consistent last season were Osbourne and Stevenson; Claros and Wotherspoon didn't impress, Galbraith hardly played, Ivan was mainly used as a sub, and not terribly successfully IIRC, Sam Stanton's brand-new and very inexperienced, and Paul Cairney, who is to most of us an unknown quantity.

Strikers - Eoin Doyle, Ross Caldwell, and (looking less and less likely by the minute) possibly the all-singing, all-dancing, star of stage and screen, Garry O'Connor.

Even with the three new guys, that's a bottom-six squad and if we're unlucky with injuries, we're in deep, deep doo-doo.

Using only signed players, I think we're looking at a team like this - Grant; Clancy, McPake, Hanlon, Kujabi; Wotherspoon, Cairney, Osbourne, Stevenson; Doyle and Caldwell. Reserves are wafer-thin.

This isn't about whether we can afford to sign players - we can't afford not to. And since we're in this position thanks to the leadership of the White Knight and the Great Helmsman Rod, it's they who need to sort this out - or at least give Pat F the resources to sort it out.

If they DON'T sort it out, we're in real trouble.

J-C
02-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Heard today we're definitely after Shiels and GOC may get another 1 year deal.

If my info is correct GOC has been a good lad re drinking/drugs are concerned this past year, yes his fitness was an issue after xmas/new year but is PF van get a good pre season in him he is still talented enough to score 15+ goals for us in this league, something we need and has bags of experience.

I wasn't happy when he threw his medal away like a wee kid in a strop but at least it showed that 2nd place was not good enough for him and especially the way we lost it.

HibbyAndy
02-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Id be absolutely ecstatic if we nabbed Dean Shiels!... A goalscoring midfielder that can thread through a pass like butter through a knife, An honest willing hardworknig grafter of a lad, Yes please.

Wilson
02-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Id be absolutely ecstatic if we nabbed Dean Shiels!... A goalscoring midfielder that can thread through a pass like butter through a knife, An honest willing hardworknig grafter of a lad, Yes please.

That certainly sounds Hibs class! :wink:

silverhibee
02-07-2012, 02:33 PM

If my info is correct GOC has been a good lad re drinking/drugs are concerned this past year, yes his fitness was an issue after xmas/new year but is PF van get a good pre season in him he is still talented enough to score 15+ goals for us in this league, something we need and has bags of experience.

I wasn't happy when he threw his medal away like a wee kid in a strop but at least it showed that 2nd place was not good enough for him and especially the way we lost it.

Big IF there JC1.

Billychaotic182
02-07-2012, 02:40 PM
What about the lad Jennings from Motherwell? Or was that just silly paper talk?

mon the cabbage
02-07-2012, 02:46 PM
My mate fae the Evening News told me that Lubo Michalik is signing tommorow!

Usually reliable source, he told me kujabi was signing last season.

PeterboroHibee
02-07-2012, 03:22 PM

If true, it seems like Fenlon has done something that recent managers have failed to do, and build a team based on a settled defence.

matty_f
02-07-2012, 03:25 PM
If Michalik is coming in then I wonder where Paul Hanlon is fitting in?

SneakersO'Toole
02-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Shiels I would take back in a heartbeat. Creative player who knows where the goals are and arguably has his best years in front of him. We would be mad not to take an interest.

As for O'Connor, he has had more than his fair few chances and continues to let people down. Time to move on. I'm completely unconvinced that he would get himself into the required shape. Furthermore, his actions after the cup final were unforgivable. No thanks.

SouthMoroccoStu
02-07-2012, 03:26 PM
What about the lad Jennings from Motherwell? Or was that just silly paper talk?

We'll see him at Easter Road soon.........He's Going to Huddersfield I think......or Sheffield Utd

Great news on Lubo if true :top marks

SneakersO'Toole
02-07-2012, 03:26 PM

Left back.

Andy74
02-07-2012, 03:27 PM

Fighting for his place hopefully like everyone else.

Hanlon has potential but we have been far too poor at the back for some time and changes were crucial.

--------
02-07-2012, 03:31 PM
If true, it seems like Fenlon has done something that recent managers have failed to do, and build a team based on a settled defence.

To be accurate, he hasn't done it yet, but at least he seems to have grasped the principle and started the process in motion.

BUT WE NEED ANOTHER GOALKEEPER. (Even if Mark Brown re-signs.)

And we need strikers - I'd rather not O'Connor, but providing he stays clean and fit ...

And the midfield is very poor.

seven nowt
02-07-2012, 03:33 PM

You sure?

Hovehibby
02-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Seems to be a lot of ex-players names being linked. I'll add another one. Filipe Morais been released by Oldham, according to Sky Sports.

andrew70
02-07-2012, 04:09 PM
I think Hanlon may depart the club this summer. He has a lot of admirers and along with Spoony may decide his future lies elsewhere.

BEEJ
02-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Defensive midfield?

He was apparently a midfielder as a youth.

Andy74
02-07-2012, 04:13 PM
I think Hanlon may depart the club this summer. He has a lot of admirers and along with Spoony may decide his future lies elsewhere.

I'd be happy if that's what they both decided. We'd live.

andrew70
02-07-2012, 04:37 PM
I'd be happy if that's what they both decided. We'd live.

As would I. 2 decent players with great potential but perhaps it's time for both parties to go separate ways. Certainly not irreplaceable. I have heard Fulham, Blackburn and West Ham are interested in PH.

Hibby Kay-Yay
02-07-2012, 04:48 PM
As would I. 2 decent players with great potential but perhaps it's time for both parties to go separate ways. Certainly not irreplaceable. I have heard Fulham, Blackburn and West Ham are interested in PH.

If true about other parties then I wonder what they see in our player that some of our fans don't?

Surely with those bigger clubs sniffing about we should be proud to hold onto PH rather than saying we can live without him? :aok:

Andy74
02-07-2012, 04:49 PM

Yeah, well maybe they have the time to let him develop for a few years, we don't!

I've never been in favour of playing young centre halfs or keepers. It takes years to learn a trade there and what you get is inconsistency and mistakes. Then, when they become half decent they go away and give their best years elsewhere.

I'd stick older, experienced players in those positions every day of the week.

You'd have to be able to find plenty that could perform to the level of Hanlon every week no problem?

NAE NOOKIE
02-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Would take Deano back in a heartbeat, head and shoulders above the dross we had in midfield last season.

G O'C ... could care less to be honest. they way he lumbered about up front in the last half of the season was sympomatic of everything that was wrong with us. If he lost a stone and added half a yard of pace I would think differently.

Griffiths ... nae chance he will return ... based on no information, just cant see it.

Also couldnt care less if Spoony goes, a good player in there, but another one who has forgotten how to move at more than half pace, has looked unfit for over a year now.

Of all the things that killed us last year it was the inability of our team to move themselves and the ball quickly and that must change.

SMAXXA
02-07-2012, 05:24 PM

Hopefully he isnt fitting in for me. No offence or wanting another PH debate but I hope his future lies elsewhere and he would go with my best wishes.

Got a feeling he will stay tho

PJ IronHIbee
02-07-2012, 05:48 PM
I have a funny feeling that PH will prove his doubters wrong this season. There is no doubt he is a better player when McPake plays along side him. People seem to forget he is still relatively young. There was a real confidence issue around ER last season that even the most experienced of players found difficult to handle. Let's get Deano back on board, bring in a tough tackling midfielder a new keeper, and two strikers and jobs a good un! I appreciate this may prove difficult in the current financial climate, but needs must and it's now or never.

GGTTH COYI

:pfgwa

erin go bragh
02-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Shiels I would take back in a heartbeat. Creative player who knows where the goals are and arguably has his best years in front of him. We would be mad not to take an interest.

As for O'Connor, he has had more than his fair few chances and continues to let people down. Time to move on. I'm completely unconvinced that he would get himself into the required shape. Furthermore, his actions after the cup final were unforgivable. No thanks.
Grant Stott tweeted that Dean Shiels has had informal talks about a return to hibs .

Tweeted that this morning .:pray: would be a fantastic signing.

ggtth

ancient hibee
02-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Suspect that Grant Stott knows as much of what's going on as I do.

Andy74
02-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Grant Stott tweeted that Dean Shiels has had informal talks about a return to hibs .

ggtth

Aye, after reading it here no doubt.

erin go bragh
02-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Suspect that Grant Stott knows as much of what's going on as I do.

I suspect he knows more than you :wink:

ggtth

ancient hibee
02-07-2012, 06:05 PM
I suspect he knows more than you :wink:

ggtth

Oh no he doesn't(copyright Babes in the Wood).

Hermit Crab
02-07-2012, 06:05 PM

ggtth

It must be true then ;)

ancient hibee
02-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Who's next?I've heard a whisper about Ofay Rhumer a striker from Ur Athletic.

tamig
02-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Truthfully, no.

What I'm saying is, this is what we need - talk of us leading the challenge to Celtic next season (McPake in the Record) or making the top half of the SPL are woefully premature IMO.

We've signed a couple of reasonable defenders and a midfield player from SFL One - provided Pat has done his homework, good.

Pat is talking about other signings - good.

But right now he's operating with a skeleton staff; at last count the squad was as follows:

Goalies - Mark Brown (who I understand hasn't yet agreed terms?) and Paul Grant (very inexperienced).

You forgot to mention Callum Antell. A top prospect by all accounts. Not sure if this season is too soon for him but I'd like to see what he can do in pre-season.

Brightside
02-07-2012, 06:50 PM
I have a funny feeling that PH will prove his doubters wrong this season. There is no doubt he is a better player when McPake plays along side him. People seem to forget he is still relatively young. There was a real confidence issue around ER last season that even the most experienced of players found difficult to handle. Let's get Deano back on board, bring in a tough tackling midfielder a new keeper, and two strikers and jobs a good un! I appreciate this may prove difficult in the current financial climate, but needs must and it's now or never.

GGTTH COYI

:pfgwa

Agreed. Hibs cannot afford to keep letting good young players leave. PH is a talented young defender who is still learning. He was a much better player with McPake next to him and he will develop into an ever present. Ive not idea why others seem to want to dump talent and sign up players from the 2nd division. As a club we need to be developing not buying.

The Green Goblin
02-07-2012, 06:55 PM

He seemed to have a smashing old time that night though. Obviously gutted wasn't he, judging by the pics of him half-cut and celebrating. Yup, gutted.

The Green Goblin
02-07-2012, 06:58 PM
He was definately out getting smashed after the cup final. If this new team is really going to have a new attitude then do we really need or want that kind of carachter in it?

If we sign GoC then my opinion is that this whole new attitude thing is just a marketing slogan and nothing else.

Totally agree.

HibbyAndy
02-07-2012, 07:28 PM
He seemed to have a smashing old time that night though. Obviously gutted wasn't he, judging by the pics of him half-cut and celebrating. Yup, gutted.

Where did you see said pics?

Billy Whizz
02-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Where did you see said pics?

I think someone took them off twitter and posted on here?

HibbyAndy
02-07-2012, 07:34 PM
I think someone took them off twitter and posted on here?

Ive nae doubt Gaz was out on the lash but 'celebrating' ??..Cmon, Im no buying that..I got wrecked and had a few laughs with my mates after the cup final tae, I was defo laughing as i needed cheering up.. Now if someone had snapped a pic of me at the time smiling when my mate told me his sister fancied me the picture could tell a thousand stories.

GOC had a bevvy the night of the final disaster, Shock horror, Hang um.

--------
02-07-2012, 07:36 PM
You forgot to mention Callum Antell. A top prospect by all accounts. Not sure if this season is too soon for him but I'd like to see what he can do in pre-season.

Calum's just turned 20. That makes him a year older than Paul, so I suppose right now he's our back-up to Brown (assuming Brown intends to re-sign)

I would really rather not be depending on two lads 19 and 20 years old as our goalies this season. We need to sign at least one experienced quality keeper - more likely two, if MB leaves.

Billy Whizz
02-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Ive nae doubt Gaz was out on the lash but 'celebrating' ??..Cmon, Im no buying that..I got wrecked and had a few laughs with my mates after the cup final tae, I was defo laughing as i needed cheering up.. Now if someone had snapped a pic of me at the time smiling when my mate told me his sister fancied me the picture could tell a thousand stories.

I'm not pro/anti Gaz, only posting what I can remember

HibbyAndy
02-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Ill chuck in Gary Twigg.

BEEJ
02-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Calum's just turned 20. That makes him a year older than Paul, so I suppose right now he's our back-up to Brown (assuming Brown intends to re-sign)

I would really rather not be depending on two lads 19 and 20 years old as our goalies this season. We need to sign at least one experienced quality keeper - more likely two, if MB leaves.
Calum doesn't turn 20 until next January.

So he's a decent back-up given the games under his belt and I would agree that we need to sign a good keeper as our first choice No.1.

Hibbyradge
02-07-2012, 10:35 PM

Spot on, Andy.

If you had taken photos at the right moments at the wake after my mother's funeral, you could have portrayed me as happy.

Believe me, I wasn't.

Northernhibee
02-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Ill chuck in Gary Twigg.

The 'Tache better turn over a new leaf with his spending, otherwise he'll be getting a fair bit of stick.

tamig
03-07-2012, 09:20 AM

In saying that, how old was Gordon when he was thrown into the Hertz team? If they're good enough they're old enough. I wouldn't feel at all confident going into the new season with Brown as the No 1.

California-Hibs
03-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Anyone heard anything on the Lithuanian winger we were possibly going to get back in to assess? I have a feeling he could be a superb signing!

Aldo
03-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Anyone heard anything on the Lithuanian winger we were possibly going to get back in to assess? I have a feeling he could be a superb signing!

I think he would of signed in Jan but he wasn't fit enough, I don't think his ability is in question just his fitness. That shouldn't be an issue if he gets a pre season behind him.

mon the cabbage
03-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Paul Hanlon is a good solid player and I dont know why people are criticising him, Hanlon will not be leaving the club this window but if he did he would go on to prove all of you doubters wrong, he will do that if he stays aswell. Sol Bamba, Riccardo Vaz te both great players that some clueless supporters thought were not good enough for Hibs.

Most people get all excited about new players they havent seen before yet they want players that were good at Hibs out.

I hope Paul stays and starts next season!!

Thecat23
03-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Paul Hanlon is a good solid player and I dont know why people are criticising him, Hanlon will not be leaving the club this window but if he did he would go on to prove all of you doubters wrong, he will do that if he stays aswell. Sol Bamba, Riccardo Vaz te both great players that some clueless supporters thought were not good for hibs.

Most people get all excited about new players they havent seen before yet they want players that were good at hibs out.

I hope Paul stays and starts next season!

Hanlon is average at best in my opinion and his awareness is pretty poor for a CB. Saying that I'm not wanting him out. I hope McPake can help him progress into a player who is more commanding. His best years are still ahead and can only get better with the right guidance.

AlbertK86
03-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Hanlon has been very poor but did show signs of recovery with jamsie McP keeping him right.

Lacks pace, and very rarely gets a clearance more than twenty yards whether by head or foot. Would rather see him at left back but still worries me there as he is so indecisive.

Saying that I'm prepared to give him another chance to see what he can do if we get a settled back four

California-Hibs
03-07-2012, 10:11 AM
I think he would of signed in Jan but he wasn't fit enough, I don't think his ability is in question just his fitness. That shouldn't be an issue if he gets a pre season behind him.

I wonder if we'll get him back in to do a pre season. Hope so..

BEEJ
03-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Calum doesn't turn 20 until next January.
Doddie, I'll retract that statement as I've just seen Calum Antell's DoB on the official website as June 1992.

The Hibees Mad website has it down as January 1993. :eyes:

Littlest Hobo
03-07-2012, 11:49 AM
I hope we can get Deano back at Hibs, Fenlon in talks with him.

California-Hibs
03-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Would be outstanding to get Sheils back at Easter Road! He already showed last season that he still has bags of ability (possibly even more than when he was with us before). Him and Cairney centre midfield? YES PLEASE! Make it happen Pat

SouthMoroccoStu
03-07-2012, 11:57 AM
I hope we can get Deano back at Hibs, Fenlon in talks with him.

Lets hope we can get this done.

Add Deano, another midfielder (of the big and mental variety), 2 strikers, another CB (Lubo) and probably a goalie.

Then I'll be a happy chap

The_Horde
03-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Lets hope we can get this done.

Add Deano, another midfielder (of the big and mental variety), 2 strikers, another CB (Lubo) and probably a goalie.

Then I'll be a happy chap

Does he even have to be big? As long as he asserts his authority who cares? (Jody Morris, Ian Black)

IMO we need a LB, CB, experienced pro CM, a versatile attack minded player, a winger, at least 1 striker and a goalie or two.

Cocaine&Caviar
03-07-2012, 12:11 PM
EW GK

Clancy - McPake - Hanlon - Kujabi

New RW - Cairney - New DM - Booth

Shiels

New TM

5 Signings and im pretty happy.

--------
03-07-2012, 12:30 PM
In saying that, how old was Gordon when he was thrown into the Hertz team? If they're good enough they're old enough. I wouldn't feel at all confident going into the new season with Brown as the No 1.

Ideally, we sign a good keeper - someone we can depend on, who isn't injury-prone, someone with plenty experience and hopefully the ability to pass that experience on to Paul and Calum.

I don't think it's too good an idea to go into the season relying on one keeper just out of his teens, and one still in his teens, to provide the last line of the defence match-day by match-day. Not given the present circumstances of the club. Not ever, TBH.

I appreciate the point about good enough being old enough - IIRC Iker Casillas made his debut in Real's first team at the age of 17, and played in - and kept a clean sheet in - the 2000 CL Final when Real beat Valencia 3-0. He was first choice I think for the following season, but lost his place the next season (2001-02), He had to go on as sub when Sanchez was injured towards the end of the CL Final 2002, and played so well to keep Bayer Leverkusen out that he's been first choice ever since.And Nihel Spink got HIS big break for Aston Villa in the 1982 European Cup Final, subbing for Jimmy Rimmer after tean minutes and keeping a clean sheet.

(That was the Des Bremner Final, actually. I would rather talk about real keepers than about the Plooky Wonder, tamig.)

But I do think it's a different thing to come into the Real Madrid side - bearing in mind the quality of their back-four defenders compared to ours - than to be the last man in the defence of an SPL side going through all sorts of crises, a side whose fans have become proverbial for their abuse of their own goalkeepers both on the net and at the games.

Would YOU like to see Paul or Calum getting the treatment from the morons if or when he makes a mistake?

Andy74
03-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Ideally, we sign a good keeper - someone we can depend on, who isn't injury-prone, someone with plenty experience and hopefully the ability to pass that experience on to Paul and Calum.

But since I got my arithmetic wrong, we have two keepers still in their teens, and I don't think it's too good an idea to go into the season relying on them to provide the last line of the defence match-day by match-day.

I appreciate the point about good enough being old enough - IIRC Iker Casillas made his debut in Real's first team at the age of 17, and played in - and kept a clean sheet in - the 2000 CL Final when Real beat Valencia 3-0. He was first choice I think for the following season, but lost his place the next season (2001-02), He had to go on as sub when Sanchez was injured towards the end of the CL Final 2002, and played so well to keep Bayer Leverkusen out that he's been first choice ever since. (I would rather talk about a real keeper than about the Plooky Wonder, TBH.)

But I do think it's a different thing to come into the Real Madrid side - bearing in mind the quality of their back-four defenders compared to ours - than to be the last man in the defence of an SPL side going through all sorts of crises, a side whose fans have become proverbial for their abuse of their own goalkeepers both on the net and at the games.

Would YOU like to see Paul or Calum getting the treatment from the morons if or when he makes a mistake?

I'm quite certain we have let Stack go so we can sign a new keeper.

We've also enquired about Pernis and Cerny and so we are looking.

Speedway
03-07-2012, 12:41 PM
1 of each flavour still to come I believe.

--------
03-07-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm quite certain we have let Stack go so we can sign a new keeper.

We've also enquired about Pernis and Cerny and so we are looking.

:agree: That's my understanding, Andy. I just want to see the guy signed and working with the squad.

Like the midfield players and strikers we need, too. :devil:

pampdahoosmoose
03-07-2012, 01:02 PM
bit.ly/NZE3It:thumbsup:

stokesmessiah
03-07-2012, 01:06 PM

Whcih flavour?

Leishy1995
03-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Can't click on that link.

Hibs90
03-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Can't click on that link.

Well copy and paste then :rolleyes:

lyonhibs
03-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Well copy and paste then :rolleyes:

:hilarious

We're not all techno-wizards you know............ :greengrin

Great news though if true and we get our man. One of the few players we released that has demonstrably improved since he left.

Would be a major, MAJOR asset in a team that had all the creativitiy and subtlety of a brick to the face last season.

green glory
03-07-2012, 01:12 PM
There you go kiddies.

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_set_for_shiels_talks_748584/index.shtml

Monts
03-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Do they actually have any inside knowledge or is it just a case of reporting whats in the media?

03-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Would really like to see Deano back at hibs. I think he has matured (in a football sense) a lot since his last time at hibs and his performances at Killie have been very impressive.

Stevie Reid
03-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Available for free, goal scoring midfielder who is capable of sublime moments, POTY nominee, already has an affinity with Hibs and the support.

Chances of getting better are remote to say the least.

SurferRosa
03-07-2012, 01:21 PM
I would love to see him back.

DC_Hibs
03-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Do they actually have any inside knowledge or is it just a case of reporting whats in the media?

Does he?
None whatsoever in my view and I have made this point a few times that it's purely a rehash of newspaper stories.

I'd pay more attention to the boy who posted on the bounce yday that he'd spoken to Dean and he didn't think the time was right to rejoin Hibs.

I hope he's wrong mind!

Monts
03-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Does he?
None whatsoever in my view and I have made this point a few times that it's purely a rehash of newspaper stories.

I'd pay more attention to the boy who posted on the bounce yday that he'd spoken to Dean and he didn't think the time was right to rejoin Hibs.

I dont know, thats why im asking :wink:

DH1875
03-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Hope so :pray:. I'd cream myself if it happens. No Rangers, McPake signed and Deano back, I wish Scottish football was finished years ago :hilarious. Starting to look forward to the new season already :thumbsup:.

--------
03-07-2012, 01:38 PM

Yes.

In my experience that's not a terribly dependable website.

Stevie Reid
03-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Available for free, goal scoring midfielder who is capable of sublime moments, POTY nominee, already has an affinity with Hibs and the support.

Chances of getting better are remote to say the least.

I forgot to add that he always showed up against the Jambos, even at Tynie.

Hurt them as a Killie player too.

The Sea-gull
03-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Dean Shiels would be a good signing, he seems to have got better since he left us based on his performances last season and getting a regular game has helped him but to get the best out of him he would need decent players around him and we would need to play the right sort of system. You never know, if he was there to provide a bit of creativity, it would allow Osbourne/Stevenson/Claros (I've not given up on him yet!) to sit in front of the defence and do want they are good at without them having to create.

Perhaps a 4-2-3-1 formation with DS in the centre or on the right of the forward three would work well.

Part of me thinks we will struggle to get DS as other teams may offer more money and at 27 this is a big contract for him. On the other hand, twice he was available last season and twice he went to Killie when you may have thought he would have had better offers in England. Maybe nobody decent down there wanted him. Unless the lure of playing for his dad was worth more than money to him.

Don't get the excitement over Cairney's signing and the potential pairing of him and DS. I am guessing that not many Hibs fans know anything about Cairney and have we not learnt from recent times not to get too excited about players we know next to nothing about. Lets just see how he gets on before getting too excited about him. The jury is still out on Fenlon's ability to sign good players too. McPake apart, I can't think of anyone he has signed that has made an impact.

Andy74
03-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Dean Shiels would be a good signing, he seems to have got better since he left us based on his performances last season and getting a regular game has helped him but to get the best out of him he would need decent players around him and we would need to play the right sort of system. You never know, if he was there to provide a bit of creativity, it would allow Osbourne/Stevenson/Claros (I've not given up on him yet!) to sit in front of the defence and do want they are good at without them having to create.

Perhaps a 4-2-3-1 formation with DS in the centre or on the right of the forward three would work well.

Part of me thinks we will struggle to get DS as other teams may offer more money and at 27 this is a big contract for him. On the other hand, twice he was available last season and twice he went to Killie when you may have thought he would have had better offers in England. Maybe nobody decent down there wanted him. Unless the lure of playing for his dad was worth more than money to him.

Don't get the excitement over Cairney's signing and the potential pairing of him and DS. I am guessing that not many Hibs fans know anything about Cairney and have we not learnt from recent times not to get too excited about players we know next to nothing about. Lets just see how he gets on before getting too excited about him. The jury is still out on Fenlon's ability to sign good players too. McPake apart, I can't think of anyone he has signed that has made an impact.

Other than Doyle scoring key goals in the Scottish cup. O'Donovan with an important one in the cup and at Killie, Soares getting a couple at Killie. Doyle, Doherty and Soares playing key roles in beating Dunfermline and Doherty and Kujabi helping McPake in providing a more secure defence.

Nope, not sure what impact the signings made overall.

brydekirk
03-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Beatie k O s. Hertz, yesl

Steve20
03-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Other than Doyle scoring key goals in the Scottish cup. O'Donovan with an important one in the cup and at Killie, Soares getting a couple at Killie. Doyle, Doherty and Soares playing key roles in beating Dunfermline and Doherty and Kujabi helping McPake in providing a more secure defence.

I wouldn't have O'Donovan or Soares back at Hibs anytime soon. Kujabi is an absolute nightmare defender.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Dwain Chambers interested in signing for rangers.

DC_Hibs
03-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Don't get the excitement over Cairney's signing and the potential pairing of him and DS. I am guessing that not many Hibs fans know anything about Cairney and have we not learnt from recent times not to get too excited about players we know next to nothing about. Lets just see how he gets on before getting too excited about him.

I base my initial opinion on comments from various Partick fans who in my mind will have a better idea than most.
From what I have read, he can play a bit but is also willing to get stuck in. His goalscoring record last season also was very impressive.

I also believe the gap between the divisions isn't too great and Utd have shown players from lower leagues can make the step up up easily.

Do you feel better now Gully?

lyonhibs
03-07-2012, 03:04 PM

Hands up who else Googled that JUST TO MAKE SURE it was bollocks??

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Hands up who else Googled that JUST TO MAKE SURE it was bollocks??

:greengrin

Tell me you are joking? :greengrin

silverhibee
03-07-2012, 03:26 PM

I asked about your we tip about Jennings today, yes Hibs had made contact regarding him on a move to Hibs, he wants to go back down to England to play his football. :aok:

Andy74
03-07-2012, 03:32 PM
I wouldn't have O'Donovan or Soares back at Hibs anytime soon. Kujabi is an absolute nightmare defender.

I probably wouldn't have either back either, but compared to what we had, they came in and each made some impact. O'Donovan less so granted.

Kujabi done well overall and when we played against teams who have had threats on the wing he has done well.

The cup final is evidently allowing him to be the new scape goat though.

He is better than we had and helped improve that defence, which was a total shambles previously.

Franck Stanton
03-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Kujabi did have a nightmare in the Cup Final, wasn't helped by the midfield system Fenlon played,[ too narrow allowing both of their wingers too much room to operate in,] however, Kujabi is recieving way too much blame for the humilation, there were another 9 players on the pitch that were just as bad, [ the exception being McPake], hope that he is given time to prove himself, both by the manager and us fans, He is a good player who had a bad C/F.

S4uzee
03-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Kujabi did have a nightmare in the Cup Final, wasn't helped by the midfield system Fenlon played,[ too narrow allowing both of their wingers too much room to operate in,] however, Kujabi is recieving way too much blame for the humilation, there were another 9 players on the pitch that were just as bad, [ the exception being McPake], hope that he is given time to prove himself, both by the manager and us fans, He is a good player who had a bad C/F.
Agree with this, kujabi did well in the majority of games I seen him (apart from THAT free-kick)

Speedway
03-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I asked about your we tip about Jennings today, yes Hibs had made contact regarding him on a move to Hibs, he wants to go back down to England to play his football. :aok:

Cheers Silv, that gets my chat to pish ratio down to a respectable 95%

The Sea-gull
03-07-2012, 04:38 PM

OK, maybe I should have changed my post to significant impact.

Wow, forgot Doyle scored a goal against Killie and one against the might of Cowdenbeath in the cup. That reassures me. 1 SPL goal in half a season too. Hand him a 7 year deal. Actually though I am willing to give him a chance as there appears to be something there but his impact has been limited thus far.

If Doyle, Doherty and Soares had played key roles played key roles against some of the other teams we would not be highlighting their key roles in two games so much would we.

Soares was terrible for Hibs though it has been said he might not have been fully fit when he was here.

O'Donavan scoring against Ayr United is not really making an impact.

Kujabi and helping make a defence secure are not words that should appear in the same sentence.

Still say McPake is the only Fenlon signing to make a solid impact.

Andy74
03-07-2012, 04:42 PM
OK, maybe I should have changed my post to significant impact.

Wow, forgot Doyle scored a goal against Killie and one against the might of Cowdenbeath in the cup. That reassures me. 1 SPL goal in half a season too. Hand him a 7 year deal. Actually though I am willing to give him a chance as there appears to be something there but his impact has been limited thus far.

If Doyle, Doherty and Soares had played key roles played key roles against some of the other teams we would not be highlighting their key roles in two games so much would we.

Soares was terrible for Hibs though it has been said he might not have been fully fit when he was here.

O'Donavan scoring against Ayr United is not really making an impact.

Kujabi and helping make a defence secure are not words that should appear in the same sentence.

Still say McPake is the only Fenlon signing to make a solid impact.

Without all those contributions we'd have likely been closer to relegation and out the cup at first time of asking so they made the impact they were intended to.

silverhibee
03-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Cheers Silv, that gets my chat to pish ratio down to a respectable 95%

:tee hee:

snooky
03-07-2012, 06:47 PM

He must be potty!

LeighLoyal
03-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Would be outstanding to get Sheils back at Easter Road! He already showed last season that he still has bags of ability (possibly even more than when he was with us before). Him and Cairney centre midfield? YES PLEASE! Make it happen PatWhat he said!

Speedway
04-07-2012, 07:46 AM
He must be potty!

Only Loo-sers would get that joke.

Bobby's Cinema
04-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Only Loo-sers would get that joke.
just like that the ratio is restored :greengrin

Hibtastic
04-07-2012, 08:53 AM
From BBC Gossip:

Leigh Griffiths has been dropping hints on Twitter that he would like a return to Hibernian, where he was on loan last season. (Sun)

Golden Bear
04-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Would be outstanding to get Sheils back at Easter Road! He already showed last season that he still has bags of ability (possibly even more than when he was with us before). Him and Cairney centre midfield? YES PLEASE! Make it happen Pat

I was never tuned in to the Deano adulation when he was a Hibs player but must admit that he was a very impressive player last season and if he could reproduce that form for us then I'd welcome him back to ER.

Can't see it happening though.

JIm
04-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Kujabi done well overall and when we played against teams who have had threats on the wing he has done well.

Really? I must be watching a different game to you, i am not for making him a scapegoat in the final, that was down to inept tactics and performance ont he park, however various games i watched he was done in time and time again by average wingers/wide players. The two that spring to mind are the final obviously (where he got a right roasting) and the league game vs Dunfermline (end of season) where despite the scoreline both Kujabi and Doherty showed their weaknesses (defending). Again there was a lack of cover but in a 1v1 situation neither are particularly good imo and teams constantly seem to be able to deliver in to our box from wide areas.

CallumLaidlaw
04-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Any ideas on this?

#Aberdeen's new signing is a current international player who knows the SPL and has played in European games, announced at 1230 #patience

PatHead
04-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Aberdeen and Hibs have missed out on former Hamilton keeper Tomas Cerny, who has signed on for CSKA Sofia. (Daily Mail) Pity as we need a decent experienced goalkeeper.

Sunderland, Stoke and Fulham are all interested in Wolves' Steven Fletcher, but the Midlands club have warned any suitor will have to pay £10m to sign the striker. Daily Mirror (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sunderland-eye-steven-fletcher-but-wolves-1131170)Not bad for someone with only "one foot and wasn't Hibs class". By the way never even made it into the Scottish BBC gossip so assume he never played for the old firm.

Edinburgh Green
04-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Any ideas on this?

#Aberdeen's new signing is a current international player who knows the SPL and has played in European games, announced at 1230 #patience

Ian Black :dunno:

Heisenberg
04-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Any ideas on this?

Think it's Nial Mcginn

McKenzie
04-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Any ideas on this?

Kevin Kilbane?

scoopyboy
04-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Ian Black :dunno:

What country does he currently play for?

Cocaine&Caviar
04-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Any ideas on this?

Sol Bamba?

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Ian Black to sign for Rangers, depending on what league they are in.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Black's away to Rangers. 7.5k basic.

Edinburgh Green
04-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Ian Black to sign for Rangers, depending on what league they are in.

Thought they had a transfer embargo???

Heisenberg
04-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Think it's Nial Mcginn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18706841

Aberdeen got themselves a couple of decent wide players now, something which was evidently lacking when we played them last season IMO.

Tollhouse Hibee
04-07-2012, 11:39 AM
mcginn official for the sheepys

Speedway
04-07-2012, 11:49 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/blog/109268-why-paul-cairney-could-become-a-real-fans-favourite-with-hibernian/

Some encouraging chat here.

DH1875
04-07-2012, 12:12 PM

Do you really think they'll be paying them kinda wages in the 3rd division?

HibbySpurs
04-07-2012, 12:14 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/blog/109268-why-paul-cairney-could-become-a-real-fans-favourite-with-hibernian/

Some encouraging chat here.

Indeed, a glowing reference if ever I saw one :agree:

Speedway
04-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Rumour kicking around online about us being in for Ben Amos on a loan deal.

1875STEVE
04-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Does he?

I love how it's a "rehash".

It's a relevent story, all you have had from other news places is one liners that we are talking to him, how can you "rehash" one line?

The site is quite clearly saying in it's news feed that the tabloids are reporting we are in for Shiels. is that true or not? :confused:

Where on the site does it claim that Hibs-Mad are claiming it's their story??

The site has had plenty exclusives in the past because we have two folk inside ER, used to have three but the player moved to a different club, and also report on current news surrounding the club.

The two guys that run that site, have done for 10 years, id say if we were talking ***** we'd have been removed by now.

Nice to see you slagging off fellow Hibby's. The Hibs famnily indeed. :rolleyes:

R'Albin
04-07-2012, 04:23 PM

Would be delighted with that.

Andy74
04-07-2012, 04:25 PM

I can never tell if I'm meant to be picking up something funny with your rumours or if you have actually heard summit!?

PeterboroHibee
04-07-2012, 04:25 PM

That is obscene for a club in their current situation.

Id be delighted with that. He seems to be very highly rated, and theres a good track record of young keepers coming here on loan and making a real name for themselves!

R'Albin
04-07-2012, 04:26 PM
I love how it's a "rehash".

It's a relevent story, all you have had from other news places is one liners that we are talking to him, how can you "rehash" one line?

The site is quite clearly saying in it's news feed that the tabloids are reporting we are in for Shiels. is that true or not? :confused:

Where on the site does it claim that Hibs-Mad are claiming it's their story??

The site has had plenty exclusives in the past because we have two folk inside ER, used to have three but the player moved to a different club, and also report on current news surrounding the club.

The two guys that run that site, have done for 10 years, id say if we were talking ***** we'd have been removed by now.

Nice to see you slagging off fellow Hibby's. The Hibs famnily indeed. :rolleyes:

Out of interest, when was the last time Hibs Mad had an 'exclusive'?

bingo70
04-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Has Ben Amos ever been good anywhere or is he just good on champ manager or because he'd be coming from the over hyped premiership?

FWIW I think that rumour came from football rumours website so he won't be signing.

Billychaotic182
04-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Has Ben Amos ever been good anywhere or is he just good on champ manager or because he'd be coming from the over hyped premiership?

FWIW I think that rumour came from football rumours website so he won't be signing.

Never see him play but he is class on FM

hfc rd
04-07-2012, 05:00 PM

Doubt it. SAF has said on MUTV that Ben Amos is going on the tour with the 1st team squad in a few weeks as DDG is with the Spanish Olympics team. But would be a great signing.

brog
04-07-2012, 06:33 PM

I really hate doing any Hibs player down but IMO Kujabi is one of the poorest Hibs players I've ever seen & I've seen some shockers in the last 50+ years. I'm not being wise after the fact, I posted well before that game that PK should be nowhere near the park. Yams played the Spanish waiter for one reason only & it won them the cup. Our 4-0 vs Pars, their clearest 2 chances, both in 1st half, came directly in his area. He's neat going forward but is hopeless in defence. Every SPL manager knows this & will target him ( if he plays ) this season. I'm a big PF fan but it worries me he thinks PK's a better player ( or prospect ) than Callum Booth.

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2012, 06:49 PM
I really hate doing any Hibs player down but IMO Kujabi is one of the poorest Hibs players I've ever seen & I've seen some shockers in the last 50+ years. I'm not being wise after the fact, I posted well before that game that PK should be nowhere near the park. Yams played the Spanish waiter for one reason only & it won them the cup. Our 4-0 vs Pars, their clearest 2 chances, both in 1st half, came directly in his area. He's neat going forward but is hopeless in defence. Every SPL manager knows this & will target him ( if he plays ) this season. I'm a big PF fan but it worries me he thinks PK's a better player ( or prospect ) than Callum Booth.

I wouldn't say he's one of the poorest players i have seen in a hibs shirt, but i dont rate him very highly. His first game he looked like he was the answer, but since then he's been very average most games and poor the rest in my opinion.

I hope Callum can get his act together and stake his place in the team. Kujabi for me IS targeted, even Ayr United targeted him, so much so we took him off.

He's another full back thats not great at defending, christ we used to have a go at whittaker and he was actually a good player.

HibeeMcGinn1
04-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Im not sure if its been posted before (apologies if it has) but we offered Ian Black a deal but he rejected because the wages were so low.

Baldy Foghorn
04-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Im not sure if its been posted before (apologies if it has) but we offered Ian Black a deal but he rejected because the wages were so low.

Where did you hear that Josh?

ahibby
04-07-2012, 07:56 PM

Kujabi is decent going forward, and he'll take one for the team like in the final unlike Griffiths and Sproul who could have stopped the diving git before he got anywhere near Kujabis zone. The boy will come good, he just shouldn't take free kicks but Hibs have already sussed that.

ahibby
04-07-2012, 07:59 PM
I probably wouldn't have either back either, but compared to what we had, they came in and each made some impact. O'Donovan less so granted.

The cup final is evidently allowing him to be the new scape goat though.

He is better than we had and helped improve that defence, which was a total shambles previously.

:agree:

1875STEVE
04-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Out of interest, when was the last time Hibs Mad had an 'exclusive'?

Been a while, but as I said our main source has moved from the club.

We have never claimed one in quite a while, and we never try and make out that anything is our story we always point out its from another source, but it's current Hibs news so it's worthy of letting fellow Hibby's know about it surely?

R'Albin
04-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Been a while, but as I said our main source has moved from the club.

We have never claimed one in quite a while, and we never try and make out that anything is our story we always point out its from another source, but it's current Hibs news so it's worthy of letting fellow Hibby's know about it surely?

:aok:

Definitely worth letting folk know. Don't like it when folk who pass on info get stick, when they're simply trying to be helpful.

heretoday
04-07-2012, 08:45 PM
I like Kujabi. He's keen as mustard and as long as he's kept well away from his own goal he's more than useful up the left side.

.Sean.
04-07-2012, 09:04 PM

^ This will be 100% accurate, by the way.

.Sean.
04-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I like Kujabi. He's keen as mustard and as long as he's kept well away from his own goal he's more than useful up the left side.

Bit difficult that as he's meant to be a defender. But I do use the term defender loosely. He's pish.

SteveHFC
04-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Kujabi is pish

JHFC
04-07-2012, 09:14 PM
I see a lot of people are saying Kujabi is better going forward, do you think he could play LM?

Barney McGrew
04-07-2012, 09:17 PM
I see a lot of people are saying Kujabi is better going forward, do you think he could play LM?

He could play there, he just wouldn't be very good at it.

fatbloke
04-07-2012, 10:13 PM
He could play there, he just wouldn't be very good at it.

:faf:

HibeeMcGinn1
04-07-2012, 10:17 PM
^ This will be 100% accurate, by the way.

you my friend are correct ;)

Macaroon
04-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Kujabi is decent going forward, and he'll take one for the team like in the final unlike Griffiths and Sproul who could have stopped the diving git before he got anywhere near Kujabis zone. The boy will come good, he just shouldn't take free kicks but Hibs have already sussed that.

Jury is still out on that one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwcZgdkN19s

1875STEVE
05-07-2012, 12:50 AM
:aok:

Definitely worth letting folk know. Don't like it when folk who pass on info get stick, when they're simply trying to be helpful.

Cheers.

Actually now that I think about it, I think we were the only ones reporting our interest in Cerny the other week, the press picked up on it a couple of days later. Now the press are saying he turned us down and signed, I think for CSKA Sofia.

My fave was when we did a story about Stephen Glass going to Dunfermline, the actual Dunfermline official site, copy and pasted our whole story, including a typo btw, and claimed it as theirs.

Off topic, ive heard derek riordan is going on trial with a La Liga side. going to be in tommorows papers.

Jim44
05-07-2012, 01:25 AM
That is obscene for a club in their current situation.

Id be delighted with that. He seems to be very highly rated, and theres a good track record of young keepers coming here on loan and making a real name for themselves!

I look at the Black info and I think, fine, then I see a reference to cash and immediately I think, bvll****.

Leishy1995
05-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Jury is still out on that one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwcZgdkN19s

Where is that left foot?

AlbertK86
05-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Cheers.

Actually now that I think about it, I think we were the only ones reporting our interest in Cerny the other week, the press picked up on it a couple of days later. Now the press are saying he turned us down and signed, I think for CSKA Sofia.

My fave was when we did a story about Stephen Glass going to Dunfermline, the actual Dunfermline official site, copy and pasted our whole story, including a typo btw, and claimed it as theirs.

Off topic, ive heard derek riordan is going on trial with a La Liga side. going to be in tommorows papers.

Take it you heard it or saw it via STV like everybody else re Deeks

Andy74
05-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Keeper and a striker priorities now according to Pat in EN. Nothing to report and will be patient again to get the right quality.

Cocaine&Caviar
05-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Farid Al Allagui signed for Bradford (From Falkirk), shame, thought he mightve made an impact in the SPL...

Thecat23
05-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Keeper and a striker priorities now according to Pat in EN. Nothing to report and will be patient again to get the right quality.

Wouldn't mind seeing 3 or 4 more players in. I do hope they get them before pre season games, that way they know how each other work before the season starts. But if not I just hope the quality is there and not dross left at the end of the window. Have to say I'm happy with the signings thus far.

Andy74
05-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing 3 or 4 more players in. I do hope they get them before pre season games, that way they know how each other work before the season starts. But if not I just hope the quality is there and not dross left at the end of the window. Have to say I'm happy with the signings thus far.

I'd like more than 4 but it may be that this long term build will need to be done in parts - when we can move on the likes of O'Hanlon, Galbraith etc then we can get more in. It may be a case of having to go with people for the next 6 months to a year that won't feature long term.

We are awfully short up front though as it stands and we still have no pace so I hope we address those things before we start.

Hermit Crab
05-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Farid Al Allagui signed for Bradford (From Falkirk), shame, thought he mightve made an impact in the SPL...

Brentford united was it not ?

silverhibee
05-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Cheers.

http://sport.stv.tv/blog/109445-could-spains-la-liga-give-derek-riordan-a-place-to-call-home/

PeterboroHibee
05-07-2012, 02:22 PM
A journo on Twitter was saying we had offered that keeper Colin Doyle a deal, but he was deciding between the SPL and League 1...

Thecat23
05-07-2012, 02:24 PM
I'd like more than 4 but it may be that this long term build will need to be done in parts - when we can move on the likes of O'Hanlon, Galbraith etc then we can get more in. It may be a case of having to go with people for the next 6 months to a year that won't feature long term.

We are awfully short up front though as it stands and we still have no pace so I hope we address those things before we start.

Yeah it's looking that way. Sadly if we go into the new season with a squad so bare it means we can't afford any injuries or suspensions, as that will leave us fighting for our lives again. You never know Hibs may shock us and pull off a few signings and hit the ground running. Pat needs a good start to this campaign after the disaster last season and cup final (sorry to mention that) really hope it works for him as I actually like the guy and think he could do well once a team of his is completed, or near enough.

Stevie Reid
05-07-2012, 02:26 PM

I think the lack of pace is the biggest concern (of many) that we still have, it has been a problem for what seems like an eternity now.

Fingers crossed Pat can sort us out.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-07-2012, 02:31 PM
We still have absolutely no width. This has been a problem for years. We need two wingers and at least one striker. There is no other option, sproule, Galbraith, kujabi (been mentioned), booth (not fancied) and spoony who is definitely better more central are NOT wide men. We HAVE to sort this or we are going to end up playing another year or nonsense, no tactic football with zero shape.

KiddA
05-07-2012, 02:46 PM
A journo on Twitter was saying we had offered that keeper Colin Doyle a deal, but he was deciding between the SPL and League 1...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02AhuMiZh8I :greengrin Im sure he is decent though. In Pat we trust :agree:

In all fairness it was a shocking pass back from the full back

Stevie Reid
05-07-2012, 02:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02AhuMiZh8I :greengrin Im sure he is decent though. In Pat we trust :agree:

In all fairness it was a shocking pass back from the full back

Did he not save two penalties from Juan Mata last year in the FA Cup?

Andy74
05-07-2012, 04:17 PM

A 6'5" goalkeeper would be a nice change.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2012, 04:36 PM

Mak cough alam cough cough by

Andy74
05-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Mak cough alam cough cough by

Oh aye.

California-Hibs
05-07-2012, 04:53 PM
We still have absolutely no width. This has been a problem for years. We need two wingers and at least one striker. There is no other option, sproule, Galbraith, kujabi (been mentioned), booth (not fancied) and spoony who is definitely better more central are NOT wide men. We HAVE to sort this or we are going to end up playing another year or nonsense, no tactic football with zero shape.

A guy over on the bounce is saying we have Mindaugas Kalonas in on trail, can anyone confirm this? He would give us width! :agree:

GloryGlory
05-07-2012, 04:57 PM

Makalamby! :greengrin

Andy74
05-07-2012, 05:01 PM

Okay. A 6'5" goalkeeper with full use of his hands and mind would be a nice change.

Hibstrooper
05-07-2012, 05:05 PM

I'd take him back

PeterboroHibee
05-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Has anybody ever seen him play? I recognise the name from him being on the bench, and I think he might have played in a few cup games for Birmingham, but hes not played that many games (although it is more difficult for a keeper). If Fenlon wants him then Id be happy if he signed as we really need a keeper, but dont know the first thing about him.

Leishy1995
05-07-2012, 05:15 PM
I'd take him back

I still think he's better than people make out. He was good enough for Swansea in the championship. He was young at us. Where is he?

Aldo
05-07-2012, 05:19 PM
A guy over on the bounce is saying we have Mindaugas Kalonas in on trail, can anyone confirm this? He would give us width! :agree:

HH gets a good write up frae the Bohs fans. Apparently but if skill about him and they reckon he can get by a man (with the ball).

Sure he would of signed in Jan if he had been match fit.

The boy Doyle seems in as well. Played a few cup games for The brum and played a few championship games as well.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2012, 05:21 PM
I still think he's better than people make out. He was good enough for Swansea in the championship. He was young at us. Where is he?

Can you point me in the direction of any press reports of his games in the championship please?:confused:

Leishy1995
05-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Can you point me in the direction of any press reports of his games in the championship please?:confused:

Can you point me in the direction of where I said he was good enough to play games in the championship please?:confused:

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Can you point me in the direction of where I said he was good enough to play games in the championship please?:confused:

I never said you did? :confused:

Leishy1995
05-07-2012, 05:28 PM
I never said you did? :confused:

Then why are you asking me this unnecessary question? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Then why are you asking me this unnecessary question? :confused:

The clue was in the question, i will ask it again though? I wanted to know how he'd played for Swansea in their Championship season?

Leishy1995
05-07-2012, 05:35 PM
The clue was in the question, i will ask it again though? I wanted to know how he'd played for Swansea in their Championship season?

He has only played league games for Hibs and one game for his current club. He played in every league and FA cup game. And was seen as a good backup to the current lad they have in goals but he chose against renewing his contract.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2012, 05:37 PM
He has only played league games for Hibs and one game for his current club. He played in every league and FA cup game. And was seen as a good backup to the current lad they have in goals but he chose against renewing his contract.

Thanks, but thats not really what i asked?

Leishy1995
05-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks, but thats not really what i asked?

You asked what games he played in the championship, the fact he's only played league games for two clubs and one wasn't Swansea should answer your question?

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2012, 05:42 PM
You asked what games he played in the championship, the fact he's only played league games for two clubs and one wasn't Swansea should answer your question?

No i didn't, i asked if you could point me in the direction of any press reports of his games in the Championship?

bingo70
05-07-2012, 05:42 PM
So being good enough to be a reserve keeper in englands second league means he was good enough for us?

English football is so over hyped it winds me up

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-07-2012, 05:43 PM

We were close to that with Lofty, but got the numbers arse about.

NOLA
05-07-2012, 07:37 PM
could do with a few strikers imo, is eoin doyle our only 1?

stokesmessiah
05-07-2012, 07:48 PM
could do with a few strikers imo, is eoin doyle our only 1?

Yip, although PF said today a keeper and striker were his priority.

scoopyboy
05-07-2012, 07:57 PM
A guy over on the bounce is saying we have Mindaugas Kalonas in on trail, can anyone confirm this? He would give us width! :agree:He had too much width in January.

If he's back he had better be in better shape or he will be sent packing again.

Cabbage East
05-07-2012, 08:04 PM
So being good enough to be a reserve keeper in englands second league means he was good enough for us?

It really is. People are so thick they just go along with whatever Sky Sports tell them. It's the same mindset that sees Scottish fans now 'supporting' English clubs. Utterly pathetic.

1875STEVE
05-07-2012, 08:43 PM
A well respected football agent, who posts on twitter just put this up.

Agent Football‏@AgentScotland

@danielwatters17 Pat Fenlon wants Dean Shiels and John Sutton, had informal talks with Shiels on Sun night and not had any talks with Sutton

MyJo
05-07-2012, 08:56 PM

John Sutton, yes please :agree:

.Sean.
05-07-2012, 09:06 PM

I'd be delighted to sign them both.

SouthMoroccoStu

Would say a big yes to both of these names.

Looks like Pat is making all the right movements

Col2
If I could find my quote on this re John Sutton I would be very smug. I did say Hibs were after Sutton approx 1 month ago.

Thecat23
It really is. People are so thick they just go along with whatever Sky Sports tell them. It's the same mindset that sees Scottish fans now 'supporting' English clubs. Utterly pathetic.

Didn't realise I was being thick.. There was me thinking I support West Ham because my family are from that end. Just like I support Hibs because my family In Scotland do. Nothing at all to do with SKY but thanks for pointing out I'm one of the thicko's.

R'Albin
05-07-2012, 09:07 PM
I'd be delighted to sign them both.

Likewise.

Thecat23
05-07-2012, 09:08 PM

From what I have heard Hibs have approached his agent regarding his contract and said they would be interested in chatting to him. This was couple weeks ago.

Iceman1875
05-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Im sure I seen somewhere we were interested in mark Wilson from Celtic? Anyone heard or seen similar?

.Sean.
05-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Im sure I seen somewhere we were interested in mark Wilson from Celtic? Anyone heard or seen similar?
A defence of

Wilson..........McPake..........Clancy.......... Booth

with a solid Goalkeeper. Yes please.

Iceman1875
05-07-2012, 09:15 PM
A defence of

Wilson..........McPake..........Clancy..........Bo oth

with a solid Goalkeeper. Yes please.

Hmm not bad :) change booth for Scott smith though, I think he'll do well this year

SouthMoroccoStu
05-07-2012, 09:17 PM

3 proven SPL players?!

Would take them all in a minute but some how I can't see it....

truehibernian
05-07-2012, 09:20 PM

What a ludicrous thing to say. When I grew up it was almost customary to have an English side to follow. Probably because of Sportscene showing both leagues on a Saturday night. My team was West Ham because at the time they were not the best team, but went out to entertain. Many of my peers followed Liverpool because of their success and contingent of Scottish players. But every single one of my mates had an English team......nowt to do with telly really, just due to being absolutely besotted with the game of football. If folk want to support an English team 'cos of tv nowadays who cares...at least they love the beautiful game !

Part/Time Supporter
05-07-2012, 09:20 PM

A journo was making the point on twitter that the SFA and SPL are getting over-excited about supposedly losing ~£15M of revenue, which is 3/4 of what Liverpool paid for Jordan Henderson.

Leishy1995
05-07-2012, 09:53 PM
No i didn't, i asked if you could point me in the direction of any press reports of his games in the Championship?

I can't point you anywhere over the internet.

Leishy1995
05-07-2012, 09:55 PM

For me it does. Judging by the standard that same team set with the first choice they obviously know a good goalie when they see one.

JohnStephens91
05-07-2012, 10:45 PM
So our first choice defence (based on last season) will be this now: Kujabi - Hanlon - McPake - Clancy : this does not look too bad, apart from Kujabi may be liable for a few errors and is the weak link in there IMO, but he tries hard and shows a willingness to work for the team so hopefully he improves.

If the midfield rumours are to be true about Shiels then it would be this for the midfield : Stevenson - Shiels - Cairney - Osbourne : obviously they may be in a diamond if this is the first choice midfield, bottom line is though is that we need a good wide player or we need Galbraith and Wotherspoon to live up to their billing as great young prospects.

Any rumours surrounding a striker other than John Sutton?

18Craig75
05-07-2012, 10:51 PM
So our first choice defence (based on last season) will be this now: Kujabi - Hanlon - McPake - Clancy : this does not look too bad, apart from Kujabi may be liable for a few errors and is the weak link in there IMO, but he tries hard and shows a willingness to work for the team so hopefully he improves.

If the midfield rumours are to be true about Shiels then it would be this for the midfield : Stevenson - Shiels - Cairney - Osbourne : obviously they may be in a diamond if this is the first choice midfield, bottom line is though is that we need a good wide player or we need Galbraith and Wotherspoon to live up to their billing as great young prospects.

Any rumours surrounding a striker other than John Sutton?

After the last few games of the season and 'that' final: I don't want to see Osbourne anywhere near right or left midfield.