PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Hibs transfer rumours

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Golden Bear
14-06-2012, 12:50 PM
More importantly the medical/fitness people are also back :wink:

But even more importantly - is OOR TAM back!?

:greengrin

Thomson
14-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Just seen this on twitter.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/jump?http%3A%2F%2Fwww1.skysports.com%2Ffootball%2F news%2F11792%2F7813071%2F (http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/jump?http%3A%2F%2Fwww1.skysports.com%2Ffootball%2F news%2F11792%2F7813071%2F)

:rolleyes:

SteveHFC
14-06-2012, 12:58 PM

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/jump?http%3A%2F%2Fwww1.skysports.com%2Ffootball%2F news%2F11792%2F7813071%2F (http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/jump?http%3A%2F%2Fwww1.skysports.com%2Ffootball%2F news%2F11792%2F7813071%2F)

He would have been a great signing

Andy74
14-06-2012, 12:59 PM

I don't think Pernis was ever on as he rejected Dundee Utd for cash/new challenge reasons.

Interesting though if we have gone for him.

Stevie Reid
14-06-2012, 01:00 PM

Oh well, plenty time to move onto the next one then.

Stevie Reid
14-06-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't think Pernis was ever on as he rejected Dundee Utd for cash/new challenge reasons.

Interesting though if we have gone for him.

:agree:

If the Clancy signing turns out to be true (bearing in mind what McCall said about him going elsewhere for much more money than Motherwell can afford), then it appears that we are offering more money than the 3rd and 4th placed teams in last seasons SPL.

Not that it appears to have got us anywhere here, but if he wanted to leave Utd for those reasons stated then it was a long shot anyway.

Andy74
14-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Oh well, plenty time to move onto the next one then.

Brian Murphy from QPR was one I'd heard we were interested in. I think he might still be under contract though.

63 clean sheets in 97 games for Bohemians!

Stevie Reid
14-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Brian Murphy from QPR was one I'd heard we were interested in. I think he might still be under contract though.

Let's see what happens then. In all honesty, I was never that impressed with Pernis when I saw him, though he was first choice in a team that has performed very well in the last couple of years, and would have been happy had he signed.

SteveHFC
14-06-2012, 01:09 PM

When i saw him play for Bohemians a few years ago. He played well :cb

Andy74
14-06-2012, 01:10 PM
When i saw him play for Bohemians a few years ago. He played well :cb

Just edited my last post - 63 clean sheets in 97 games for Bohemians!

Thecat23
14-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Why is that all so?

I'd say only the manager can influence how well the budget is spent and the evidence so far is that he is aware what needs to be done.

We've a lot of spaces to fill and a real chance to improve the team.

The clear out did involve the coaching staff and manager.

I doubt anyone will tell you its rosy but we all start at zero points, we have a manager who can put his own team in place and who seems to have a history of being able to do so.

What makes you so sure we will stuggle without even seeing our squad?

Because Andy look at the dross we have seen over the last few years. Blame the manager all you like but who appointed them? The board yes? Sorry more than team and coaching should have gone. I'm fully behind PF but I do think we won't be that much better than last year. Just my opinion Andy. I'd have liked a clean slate with new board members come in. Oh wait i forgot... Only Rod can do this job right? Its ridiculous that people think he's the only one for the job. No i don't know anyone personally myself before someone asks that stupid question but i'm sure if his post goes up there will be a few folk who could fill it. If you don't agree that's fair enough.

Craig_in_Prague
14-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Because Andy look at the dross we have seen over the last few years. Blame the manager all you like but who appointed them? The board yes? Sorry more than team and coaching should have gone. I'm fully behind PF but I do think we will be that much better than last year. Just my opinion Andy. I'd have liked a clean slate with new board members come in. Oh wait i forgot... Only Rod can do this job right? Its ridiculous that people think he's the only one for the job. No i don't know anyone personally myself before someone asks that stupid question but i'm sure if his post goes up there will be a few folk who could fill it. If you don't agree that's fair enough.

I agree. We stink at the top and Hibs are no longer a sleeping giant, but a dying one.

Andy74
14-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Because Andy look at the dross we have seen over the last few years. Blame the manager all you like but who appointed them? The board yes? Sorry more than team and coaching should have gone. I'm fully behind PF but I do think we will be that much better than last year. Just my opinion Andy. I'd have liked a clean slate with new board members come in. Oh wait i forgot... Only Rod can do this job right? Its ridiculous that people think he's the only one for the job. No i don't know anyone personally myself before someone asks that stupid question but i'm sure if his post goes up there will be a few folk who could fill it. If you don't agree that's fair enough.

I think a lot of people could do Rod's job. Still, I don't believe Rod or whoever does that job can or does influence the quality of player we have signed or will sign this time.

I posted on the PM board last night about the types of player each recent manager brought in and you can see that they have all been linked to them in the past or had been from their contacts.

It doesn't really fit with the whole playing quality and culture being effected from anyhwere but the manager's office.

Did the board have spells of being effective when Mowbray was here, for a bit under Coillins and for 8 months or so under Hughes?

Did they raise their game for the cup matches this year, save the final? I'm just not sure how this works.

Thecat23
14-06-2012, 01:26 PM
I agree. We stink at the top and Hibs are no longer a sleeping giant, but a dying one.

Exactly, Hibs have the potential to be a very good club. If in my opinion better run. Rod done well building the stand and the training facilities but failed where it matters most, on the park. He should have stood down then and let someone else in. I also don't believe there isn't a buyer out there if STF publicly put us up for sale. I don't mean some made Lith but we have the foundations all set and with Gers gone its a great time to start putting players on the park who can push Hibs as far as we can and not hover around 10th and 11th respectively.

Thecat23
14-06-2012, 01:37 PM
I think a lot of people could do Rod's job. Still, I don't believe Rod or whoever does that job can or does influence the quality of player we have signed or will sign this time.

I posted on the PM board last night about the types of player each recent manager brought in and you can see that they have all been linked to them in the past or had been from their contacts.

It doesn't really fit with the whole playing quality and culture being effected from anyhwere but the manager's office.

Did the board have spells of being effective when Mowbray was here, for a bit under Coillins and for 8 months or so under Hughes?

Did they raise their game for the cup matches this year, save the final? I'm just not sure how this works.

I do know that a lot of fans could see we weren't playing well and Hughes wasn't the man for Hibs even when we were winning. I spoke to a few players who thought he was arrogant and pushy. Now that's another matter. Anyway Collins played pretty much with Mowbray's team. Mowbray was a very good appointment and the board took the credit they deserved. Sorry but the duds who have followed is unreal. To get it wrong so many times is comical. A football man would be a benefit doing Rods job. That again is only my opinion. I know you chat with Rod and may have a slight bias towards him Andy, but I do know I'm not alone in thinking this club isn't being run to our full potential and crowds show this. The fact we sold so many season tickets this year only because of the cup final scenario will hide that it would have been horrific had we not had that cup run.

jdships
14-06-2012, 01:50 PM
30 pages and 900 posts on this thread and I am truly amazed at the number of people who must have jobs at ER or are intimate friends with the top brass there
The " insider information " that has been posted here is fantastic !
We now know how Rod runs Hibs
Who Pat Fenlon
A. has spoken to
B Has not spoken to
C. is going to sign
D is not going to sign
The wages to be offered
Which player is on Holiday at any given moment
etc , etc , etc
Those of us who are not among the privileged few should be eternally grateful to those who are willing and able to pass on/share this important information to/with us less fortunates
THANK YOU on behalf of the masses !

Not meaning to be disrespectful to these " insiders" who have done a great job , but I still regard the Club Official site as being the best place to read the truth about HFC
:rolleyes::greengrin:wink:

The Sea-gull
14-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Good to see us being linked with the likes of Pernis as he is proven SPL quality and that is what we need. Not players who don't know the league or reserve players from England who don't even know competitive football. Getting some of these types in is fine to supplement the squad but this pre-season has to be about establishing a spine for the team to take us forward for the next couple of years, players who will play in the first 11 and we need a good few proven quality players who can come in and hit the ground running.

Much like when we were linked with the Dundee United left back (Dixon?) and Swanson a few weeks back. Unlikely they will sign for us as if they want to leave Utd, chances are they want to leave the SPL and unfortunately a move from Utd to Hibs at this moment in time is not at all attractive unless there is a decent wage hike involved or players are running out of options. We are still a couple of months away from the latter coming into play.

If Clancy is signed, I confess I don't know much about him but if he was a regular for the team that finished third last season then he is surely better thatn most of what we had.

Leishy1995
14-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Between Hibs being linked with a goalkeeper who's kept 63 clean sheets before and Rangers sinking into the abyss I'd call that a successful day.

Lucius Apuleius
14-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Exactly, Hibs have the potential to be a very good club. If in my opinion better run. Rod done well building the stand and the training facilities but failed where it matters most, on the park. He should have stood down then and let someone else in. I also don't believe there isn't a buyer out there if STF publicly put us up for sale. I don't mean some made Lith but we have the foundations all set and with Gers gone its a great time to start putting players on the park who can push Hibs as far as we can and not hover around 10th and 11th respectively.

When do you think this should have been 23? I personally think every chairman over the last 50 years has been a failure using the oft quoted criteria. No SC no league titles (not counting 1st Div). At least Petrie managed to build us something unlike the vast majority before him.

JimBHibees
14-06-2012, 03:08 PM

63 clean sheets in 97 games for Bohemians!

Kind of thought we may be in for him given his past however you would have thought there would be a massive gap in wages even between a EPL reserve and Hibs though the prospect of regular games must be attractive.

Thecat23
14-06-2012, 03:15 PM
When do you think this should have been 23? I personally think every chairman over the last 50 years has been a failure using the oft quoted criteria. No SC no league titles (not counting 1st Div). At least Petrie managed to build us something unlike the vast majority before him.

Not a bad point LA. But when you say build us something you mean stadium? Because we haven't had much else have we. I want to say again Petrie done well laying the foundations but has now taken us as far as possible. We need fresh ideas now and a new board. Petrie has made far to many mistakes lately so for me needs to go.

patch1875
14-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Heard mcpake has been offered 2k a week from us and turned it down has spoken to the yams and has interest from 2 clubs down south

DC_Hibs
14-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Kind of thought we may be in for him given his past however you would have thought there would be a massive gap in wages even between a EPL reserve and Hibs though the prospect of regular games must be attractive.

Murphy is 3rd choice at QPR so will surely be looking to get some games after 1 season of inactivity already and no prospect of improvement in his final year. Although he signed for them when they were promoted I still reckon he could get a similar wage at a championship club and more chance of a game which would be double what we could offer. He turned down a new deal at Ipswich to join QPR so might not be short of better offers.

Worth a try though Patrick.

DC_Hibs
14-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Heard mcpake has been offered 2k a week from us and turned it down has spoken to the yams and has interest from 2 clubs down south

Sounds gospel.

stokesmessiah
14-06-2012, 03:28 PM

BarneyK
14-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Sounds gospel.

Yep, onwards and upwards. I wonder if Colin Murdock's available...

patch1875
14-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Hope it not the case heard it from a former hearts player still connected to the club

Lucius Apuleius
14-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Not a bad point LA. But when you say build us something you mean stadium? Because we haven't had much else have we. I want to say again Petrie done well laying the foundations but has now taken us as far as possible. We need fresh ideas now and a new board. Petrie has made far to many mistakes lately so for me needs to go.

:agree: The infrastructure we now have will last for generations. My argument has always been infrastructure before product. Those who know what I do for a living would understand that. There is no point me having 7,500 people here if I don't have a fit for purpose camp for them to live in. ER was the same for me. It was no longer fit for purpose, and I know certain people will be along to disagree and that is fine, but that is my opinion. The opportunities had in my opinion to be taken and the stand and training ground built. Now we have them in place we have no need for expenditure (apart from running costs) for these areas. That any football team, never mind Hibs, had to drive around to find a public park to train on is shocking. Cannot dispute we had better teams when we did it mind, but the point still stands. We can now spend all our hard earned on the team. I think that was the plan all along. Unfortunately not all the plan worked as we did have a couple of managers who, again in my opinion, were not very good at either picking players or managing them. What does get up my goat is the Petrie bashing for not backing managers (not aimed at you). We spent the money, just not wisely. I have not a clue why, maybe blind optimism, but I think Fenlon can and will do what others before him could not.

AlbertK86
14-06-2012, 05:22 PM

3K for a leader of his calibre. Surely not to much to ask. Proved wot he was about last season.

IF true then it ain't a surprise !

C'mon Hibs show some ambition for f sake

mjhibby
14-06-2012, 05:22 PM

I also heard that its a wind up from hertz fans just like oconnor was going to sign for them.From what i hear he is pondering moving to hibs but will do whats best for his family.(that from a guy who told me sergio was away and the cutbacks happening at the pbs weeks before it happened).Hes probably waiting to see who we sign before deciding.He has a contract at coventry so he can take his time.Nobody knows what he has been offered though i suspect it will involve very high win bonus incentives.we shall see but i would say there is a very good chance he will sign unless a big club comes in for him(and i dont mean hertz)

Thecat23
14-06-2012, 05:27 PM
:agree: The infrastructure we now have will last for generations. My argument has always been infrastructure before product. Those who know what I do for a living would understand that. There is no point me having 7,500 people here if I don't have a fit for purpose camp for them to live in. ER was the same for me. It was no longer fit for purpose, and I know certain people will be along to disagree and that is fine, but that is my opinion. The opportunities had in my opinion to be taken and the stand and training ground built. Now we have them in place we have no need for expenditure (apart from running costs) for these areas. That any football team, never mind Hibs, had to drive around to find a public park to train on is shocking. Cannot dispute we had better teams when we did it mind, but the point still stands. We can now spend all our hard earned on the team. I think that was the plan all along. Unfortunately not all the plan worked as we did have a couple of managers who, again in my opinion, were not very good at either picking players or managing them. What does get up my goat is the Petrie bashing for not backing managers (not aimed at you). We spent the money, just not wisely. I have not a clue why, maybe blind optimism, but I think Fenlon can and will do what others before him could not.

Good post, I actually agree 100%. I wasn't having a go about him failing there. I think he's done a very good job in laying the foundations and Hibs did need to get those facilities in place. I'm annoyed at the poor appointments and the way they conduct themselves at times by patronising the fans. They for me have taken us as far as they can. Now let someone else come in and bring in new ideas.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-06-2012, 05:29 PM

Heard he wants £3k a week and a 3 year year deal. That's what he wants, he wants to sign for Hibs and the club knows his terms. Yet we're still mucking about.

Source an ex player

F - SAKE ROD, JUST GET IT DONE!

calumb
14-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Murphy is 3rd choice at QPR so will surely be looking to get some games after 1 season of inactivity already and no prospect of improvement in his final year. Although he signed for them when they were promoted I still reckon he could get a similar wage at a championship club and more chance of a game which would be double what we could offer. He turned down a new deal at Ipswich to join QPR so might not be short of better offers.

Worth a try though Patrick.

was a good keeper but maybe a bit small, he would have struggled with the cross shy defense we had last season.

Not sure he was offered a contract at ipswich and fairly sure he signed for QPR after training with them for a while so maybe he is not on that big money.

Houchy
14-06-2012, 05:49 PM

With 15 previous posts AND joining in May this year, you'll forgive me for believing you to be a Yam fud:agree:

Andy74
14-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Heard he wants £3k a week and a 3 year year deal. That's what he wants, he wants to sign for Hibs and the club knows his terms. Yet we're still mucking about.

Source an ex player

F - SAKE ROD, JUST GET IT DONE!

Aye. Ex players always know the details of private negotiations right enough.

Why do we ave the constant need to spread this rubbish?!

Diclonius
14-06-2012, 06:19 PM
3K for a leader of his calibre. Surely not to much to ask. Proved wot he was about last season.

IF true then it ain't a surprise !

C'mon Hibs show some ambition for f sake

Could you explain this word to me? :confused:

ancient hibee
14-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Aye. Ex players always know the details of private negotiations right enough.

Why do we ave the constant need to spread this rubbish?!

:top marks

DC_Hibs
14-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Not sure he was offered a contract at ipswich

I am or I wouldn't have mentioned it.

Billychaotic182
14-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Sky sports says the utd keeper rejected us

soupy
14-06-2012, 06:44 PM
I am or I wouldn't have mentioned it.

Oooooo bitchy :-)

ekhibee
14-06-2012, 07:29 PM
who's this Slovakian I've read a bit about here and there in the papers? He's been linked with us in the papers, think he's at Carlisle at the moment. Don't know much about him, that's why I'm asking.

Billychaotic182
14-06-2012, 07:32 PM
who's this Slovakian I've read a bit about here and there in the papers? He's been linked with us in the papers, think he's at Carlisle at the moment. Don't know much about him, that's why I'm asking.

Ex Bolton ad Leeds centre half

The Falcon
14-06-2012, 07:35 PM
:agree: The infrastructure we now have will last for generations. My argument has always been infrastructure before product. Those who know what I do for a living would understand that. There is no point me having 7,500 people here if I don't have a fit for purpose camp for them to live in. .

How are things in Guantanamo these days Lucius? :greengrin

PS. Good post.

patch1875
14-06-2012, 07:57 PM
With 15 previous posts AND joining in May this year, you'll forgive me for believing you to be a Yam fud:agree:

Yawn what does post count have to do with it can you see my previous posts? joined to get a seat on a bus.

You wonder why new people bother posting their opinion

Kato
14-06-2012, 08:01 PM
You wonder why new people bother posting their opinion

So is it just your opinion that McPake has been offered what you say or is a "fact, end-off"?

patch1875
14-06-2012, 08:11 PM
So is it just your opinion that McPake has been offered what you say or is a "fact, end-off"?

That doesn't even make sense

My opinion was referring to general posting

What I was told regarding mcpake was a 'fact' from someone else not me

Happy with that?

Kato
14-06-2012, 09:06 PM
That doesn't even make sense

My opinion was referring to general posting

What I was told regarding mcpake was a 'fact' from someone else not me

Happy with that?

Yus, Sah. I believe your second hand fact, no problem fum lil' ol' me, suh.

patch1875
14-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Yus, Sah. I believe your second hand fact, no problem fum lil' ol' me, suh.

You don't have to believe it..it's a rumour thread after all

bruno
14-06-2012, 09:21 PM

Not read all thread so this prob old news but on twitter

Scott Burns ‏@ScottBurns75 (https://twitter.com/#%21/ScottBurns75) #hibs (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23hibs) midfielder Jimmy Scott will also make a season-long loan switch to #rosscounty (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23rosscounty) over the next 48 hours. #staggies (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23staggies) #hibees (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23hibees)

Expand (https://twitter.com/ScottBurns75/status/213378107590180864)

Reply (https://twitter.com/#)
Retweet (https://twitter.com/#)
Favorite (https://twitter.com/#)

12m (https://twitter.com/ScottBurns75/status/213377493657321474) https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1669692453/DownloadedFile_normal.jpeg Scott Burns ‏@ScottBurns75 (https://twitter.com/#%21/ScottBurns75)
#carlisle (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23carlisle) defender Lubos Michalik is still waiting for an offer from #hibs (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23hibs). Mark Brown has now been offered new deal.

Expand (https://twitter.com/ScottBurns75/status/213377493657321474)

15m (https://twitter.com/ScottBurns75/status/213376842722328576) https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1669692453/DownloadedFile_normal.jpeg Scott Burns ‏@ScottBurns75 (https://twitter.com/#%21/ScottBurns75)
Told offer to Pernis from #hibs (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23hibs) was no better than the deal he was on at #dundeeunited (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23dundeeunited). Dusan Pernis is holding out for England

Expand (https://twitter.com/ScottBurns75/status/213376842722328576)

15m (https://twitter.com/alistairmagowan/status/213376822220558337) https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2159803199/profilepic3_normal.jpg alistair magowan ‏@alistairmagowan (https://twitter.com/#%21/alistairmagowan)
Xavi top for Spain 133 passes, overall 894. Ward top for Ireland 41 passes (Given 4th in Irelands passing list) overall 317 #bbcfootball (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23bbcfootball)

Expand (https://twitter.com/alistairmagowan/status/213376822220558337)

16m (https://twitter.com/ScottBurns75/status/213376560567287808) https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1669692453/DownloadedFile_normal.jpeg Scott Burns ‏@ScottBurns75 (https://twitter.com/#%21/ScottBurns75)
#hibs (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23hibs) made offer to #dundeeunited (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23dundeeunited) keeper Dusan Pernis last week. Scott Thomson initially scouted him for Tannadice before he went to ER.

Expand (https://twitter.com/ScottBurns75/status/213376560567287808)

Favorite (https://twitter.com/#) (https://twitter.com/#)

At The Edge
14-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Bruno i know that we are the flair team of the city:wink: but i'm not sure Xavi is on our radar, could be a bench player at best:greengrin

ALF TUPPER
14-06-2012, 10:13 PM
How are things in Guantanamo these days Lucius? :greengrin

PS. Good post.

Lol .... Quality :)

brog
15-06-2012, 07:00 AM

Yep!! A thread entitled Greggs & people want FACTS!! FWIW I heard same story on that awful night!! I thought some of the reasoning was flawed then & still is now but I can believe we're a bit apart with J McP on basic wages. I do believe however we're looking to compensate in other ways.

PeterboroHibee
15-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Not read all thread so this prob old news but on twitter

#carlisle (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23carlisle) defender Lubos Michalik is still waiting for an offer from #hibs (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23hibs). Mark Brown has now been offered new deal.

Told offer to Pernis from #hibs (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23hibs) was no better than the deal he was on at #dundeeunited (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23dundeeunited). Dusan Pernis is holding out for England

Those two are a bit odd imo, and Scott Burns is usually pretty good with his info.

Pernis has made it quite clear he wants to move from United, whether to play in a better league or to improve his wages. Given that we cant improve on the football, we would have to offer him a significantly better deal than he was on at United to even get his interest, so to offer the same is just a waste of time. Im pleased that hes the sort of player we are interested in, but Im not entirely sure what they were hoping for by offering him a deal thats no better than the one being offered by the club hes just left?

As for Michalik, unless hes not our main target for CB (possibly McPake and Clancy?), I cant see why he still hasnt received an offer? Weve known about him as a potential target for what, a week or two now, so for him to have still not received some sort of offer is very strange. Hopefully they have someone else lined up but without a deal on the table, I wouldnt blame Michalik for looking elsewhere.

GloryGlory
15-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Those two are a bit odd imo, and Scott Burns is usually pretty good with his info.

Pernis has made it quite clear he wants to move from United, whether to play in a better league or to improve his wages. Given that we cant improve on the football, we would have to offer him a significantly better deal than he was on at United to even get his interest, so to offer the same is just a waste of time. Im pleased that hes the sort of player we are interested in, but Im not entirely sure what they were hoping for by offering him a deal thats no better than the one being offered by the club hes just left?

As for Michalik, unless hes not our main target for CB (possibly McPake and Clancy?), I cant see why he still hasnt received an offer? Weve known about him as a potential target for what, a week or two now, so for him to have still not received some sort of offer is very strange. Hopefully they have someone else lined up but without a deal on the table, I wouldnt blame Michalik for looking elsewhere.

Maybe we're not actually interested in him. All we have to go on, after all, is tabloid speculation.

Andy74
15-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Tomas Cerny on the radar.

keep the faith
15-06-2012, 08:39 AM

That would be good news.

AinsterHibs
15-06-2012, 08:44 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/7813071/Pernis-rejects-Hibs-deal

Andy74
15-06-2012, 08:44 AM
That would be good news.

Yep, always wondered why Hamilton managed to hold on to him fopr a couple of years.

They released him early last February I think as he refused a new deal but needed surgery.

Golden Bear
15-06-2012, 08:51 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/7813071/Pernis-rejects-Hibs-deal

It could be money, it could be that he has other options available, or perhaps it's just another example that as a Club, Hibs are not as attractive as they once were.

Diclonius
15-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Apparently we offered him the same terms as at United. New team, new season, same attitude. :rolleyes:

AinsterHibs
15-06-2012, 08:58 AM
It could be money, it could be that he has other options available, or perhaps it's just another example that as a Club, Hibs are not as attractive as they once were.

Or, perhaps he wants to be nearer home.

FK Senica are interested apparently.

Peevemor
15-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Apparently we offered him the same terms as at United. New team, new season, same attitude. :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more. There are still too many fans who will take rumour as gospel in order to knock the club.

bingo70
15-06-2012, 09:03 AM

Is this in any papers or just something you've heard?

Andy74
15-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Is this in any papers or just something you've heard?

Oops, there was meant to be linkage:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18455884

Bobby's Cinema
15-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Couldn't agree more. There are still too many fans who will take rumour as gospel in order to knock the club.

I read that as being a dig at the club because they weren't prepared to offer more! maybe I'm too cynical

Pretty Boy
15-06-2012, 09:16 AM

I'd be delighted with this.

Good keeper, always wondered why he'd never moved on from Accies a couple of years ago.

Peevemor
15-06-2012, 09:17 AM
I read that as being a dig at the club because they weren't prepared to offer more! maybe I'm too cynical

:wink:

Bobby's Cinema
15-06-2012, 09:25 AM
:wink:

ah right I see what you've done. What is it they call that, happy clapping is it no? :wink:

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-06-2012, 10:28 AM

I see Lee Croft's name in that list, well worth a punt IMO

Billychaotic182
15-06-2012, 10:50 AM

Would love to see him at hibs, never understood why no one signed him up. Hope I don't find out the hard way if he comes to hibs

ancient hibee
15-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Hibs make offer to player.

Agent says that's what he's getting at present club.

Why does he say that is it?

A.Because that IS what he's getting at his present club

or

B.Because he's trying to up the ante and maximise his earnings.

Anyone who thinks it's A should not take part in wage negotiations.

Even a moments thought should make it obvious that with basics and different kinds of bonus and incentives available the likliehood of two offers being the same are zilch.

PatHead
15-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Or, perhaps he wants to be nearer home.

FK Senica are interested apparently.

A Director at D Utd told me that they were really worried they would lose him last year. At Christmas transfer window he was desperate to go home and they had an offer from a club nearer his hometown. His wife had a baby last year (summer time?) and he was desperate to get onto the continent to be nearer them. If memory is correct German teams were interested at the time.

Dundee Utd didn't want to sell as they felt he was worth more in their team.

I would be amazed if he remained in UK and I think no matter what offer was on the table from Hibs he would prefer to be on the continent.

GordonHFC
15-06-2012, 02:53 PM
How long is the tache man out of the country at the 'Euros'.
If he is not here you can bet there will be no deals done in his absence.

SRHibs
15-06-2012, 03:19 PM
McPake would be a decent signing, but he was a stand-out in what was a very, VERY poor Hibs side. I'm not yet convinced that he merits a 3 year deal on 3k per week, especially when you factor in the injury problems he's had.

Andy74
15-06-2012, 03:33 PM
How long is the tache man out of the country at the 'Euros'.
If he is not here you can bet there will be no deals done in his absence.

That's all a bit 3 years ago is it not?

calumb
15-06-2012, 03:40 PM
McPake would be a decent signing, but he was a stand-out in what was a very, VERY poor Hibs side. I'm not yet convinced that he merits a 3 year deal on 3k per week, especially when you factor in the injury problems he's had.

Your joking right?
Mcpake was only half fit but still showed more desire and commitment than any Hibs player has for years, imagine what he might be capable of when fit and if he is willing to play for 3k a week then it seems to be a bargain.

woodythehibee
15-06-2012, 03:43 PM

It's not as if his injuries are reoccuring so nothing to worry about. Hibs MUST sign McPake. Bargain at 3k/wk imho.

Andy74
15-06-2012, 03:44 PM
It's not as if his injuries are reoccuring so nothing to worry about. Hibs MUST sign McPake. Bargain at 3k/wk imho.

Why are we arguing about imaginary figures?

SRHibs
15-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Your joking right?
Mcpake was only half fit but still showed more desire and commitment than any Hibs player has for years, imagine what he might be capable of when fit and if he is willing to play for 3k a week then it seems to be a bargain.

Why would I be joking?

Yeah, that's another way to look at it - he might improve even more with better players around him. That's not a given though, and for me, while I would gladly take him in the team, signing him isn't a complete necessity.

scoopyboy
15-06-2012, 03:57 PM

His back injury will always recur, it did when with us and will do so every season.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 04:16 PM

While i'd still like him to sign, i too am a little worried about his fitness.

Franck Stanton
15-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Whilst £3000 per week is a lot of money to most working people, it isn't to an awful lot of footballers plying their trade in the lower echelons of England, [ by that I mean, Chamionship, 1st and 2nd divisions], and I am sure McPake would easily get a club there. We as a Club and support have seen exactly what he brings to the table and , IMO he is a snip at £3000 per week and 3 years contract. After all, we have had our fair share of huddies in his position earning, what £1,500 - £2000 per game, better to have a proven leader like McPake. Wish we had 11 players of same quality and commitment.

SRHibs
15-06-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm not convinced. I know this is a suggestion that's mooted and rarely implemented, but a low weekly wage with a higher appearance fee would be ideal, in order to cover ourselves in the event that his back problems reoccur.

bingo70
15-06-2012, 04:26 PM

Football manager has a lot to answer for.

Iceman1875
15-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Hardly imaginary....£3k per week won't be far off the mark for Mcpake. I have NO concerns about hibs signing Mcpake on £3k per week for 3 years, give him a 6 year contract!!! ;)

Andy74
15-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Hardly imaginary....£3k per week won't be far off the mark for Mcpake. I have NO concerns about hibs signing Mcpake on £3k per week for 3 years, give him a 6 year contract!!! ;)

Imaginary in the sense that people are imagining that they know what has been offered or what he wants.

Then arguing about it or using it to have a go at Hibs again!

woodythehibee
15-06-2012, 05:35 PM
His back injury will always recur, it did when with us and will do so every season.

Not according to the man himself. His injury at hibs was his groin injury which was evident at many of the matches when he was constantly stretching it. If he can play as well as he did with this then a fully fit McPake is worth 3k a week.

scoopyboy
15-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Not according to the man himself. His injury at hibs was his groin injury which was evident at many of the matches when he was constantly stretching it. If he can play as well as he did with this then a fully fit McPake is worth 3k a week.

It was his groin at the end of the season, I have no qualm with that.

However he was struggling with his back at Tynecastle. After the match he was booked in to a London clinic for an injection which means he couldn't play at home to Dundee Utd a few days later but returned for the match at ICT.

DC_Hibs
15-06-2012, 09:10 PM

You'll not get through to them. 3k a week and a 3 year deal have long since been adopted as Gospel alongside Riordan's 20k a week China wage.

Comedy central this place at times.

lucky
16-06-2012, 05:10 AM
Dusan Pernis ex Dundee United keeper has knocked back an offer from Hibs.

Www1875hfc
16-06-2012, 06:26 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/06/16/aberdeen-hibs-set-to-battle-for-signature-of-crewe-winger-byron-moore-86908-23896476/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

R'Albin
16-06-2012, 06:40 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/06/16/aberdeen-hibs-set-to-battle-for-signature-of-crewe-winger-byron-moore-86908-23896476/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Do we share a scouting team with the Sheep or something!?

LancsHibs
16-06-2012, 06:48 AM
The boy Moore from Crewe would be a great signing:thumbsup: I hope there is something in this one, would be disappointed if he went to Aberdeen. Come on Petrie get it sorted:flag:

bingo70
16-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Do we share a scouting team with the Sheep or something!?

Similar size club, similar ambitions and similar budgets, its inevitable we'll be targeting the same players, wonder if this means there move for Hayes is in doubt then.

LancsHibs
16-06-2012, 07:27 AM
What about taking a punt on David James?? Looking for a new club, apparently wants to carry on playing. Is still more than good enough for SPL IMO and would be great for our young keepers. BTW before anybody asks he's 41 (Budgie was 40 when signed by us)

Beefster
16-06-2012, 10:44 AM
What about taking a punt on David James?? Looking for a new club, apparently wants to carry on playing. Is still more than good enough for SPL IMO and would be great for our young keepers. BTW before anybody asks he's 41 (Budgie was 40 when signed by us)

We can't even afford to sign most of the SPL players we covet. No chance of us offering James more than everyone else.

Wotherspiniesta
16-06-2012, 11:44 AM

Would be a great signing, IMO. Seen him in the play offs and he's exactly what we've been crying out for. Pace, width, direct and good on the ball.

Probably end up at a championship team, but if there's a chance we should certainly make an offer.

Haymaker
16-06-2012, 01:12 PM

Left pompey to be closer to his family who live in Exeter. No chance.

Famous5forever
16-06-2012, 01:32 PM
We can't even afford to sign most of the SPL players we covet. No chance of us offering James more than everyone else.

I Dont agree we can afford to pay top coinn but Petrie the misor wont, we need things to change or we will end up with dross again. Hopefully the Big meeting will sort things out we need some good news and a few quality signings would be great.
If it means paying more than we have in the past then so be it.

marinello59
16-06-2012, 02:31 PM
I Dont agree we can afford to pay top coinn but Petrie the misor wont, we need things to change or we will end up with dross again. Hopefully the Big meeting will sort things out we need some good news and a few quality signings would be great.

Just because you want us to pay 'top coin' doesn't mean that we can afford to do it. Maybe you didnt notice how low crowds were last season. Less money in means less to go out. Unless you know different of course.

The Falcon
16-06-2012, 02:58 PM

nonsense

The Green Goblin
16-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Good to see us being linked with the likes of Pernis as he is proven SPL quality and that is what we need. Not players who don't know the league or reserve players from England who don't even know competitive football. Getting some of these types in is fine to supplement the squad but this pre-season has to be about establishing a spine for the team to take us forward for the next couple of years, players who will play in the first 11 and we need a good few proven quality players who can come in and hit the ground running.

Let's hope the club shop don't run out of "r"s.... :greengrin

Andy74
16-06-2012, 05:12 PM

The Big Meeting? Were they doing a whip round?

Billychaotic182
16-06-2012, 06:15 PM
The boy Moore looked very good in the play offs hope there is some truth in this one

ForeverGreen
16-06-2012, 06:52 PM
I'd like us to get Moore and another winger, one thing we've missed for about the last 2/3 seasons is some genuine width in our team.

Barney McGrew
16-06-2012, 07:03 PM
I'd like us to get Moore and another winger, one thing we've missed for about the last 2/3 seasons is some genuine footballers in our team.

Fixed that for you :wink:

AlbertK86
17-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Will this be the week we start to see a rebuild job? Kind of resigned myself to it being the usual last minute rush after initially being optimistic that there would be a big clear out and a whole new squad being build and quickly

Hibs rumours throwing some mad stuff on about McFadden on a pay as you play deal.

Cannae see it myself

17-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Will this be the week we start to see a rebuild job? Kind of resigned myself to it being the usual last minute rush after initially being optimistic that there would be a big clear out and a whole new squad being build and quickly

Hibs rumours throwing some mad stuff on about McFadden on a pay as you play deal.

Cannae see it myself

McFadden is not the player he used to be IMO but would still be happy if he signed for us. Cant see it happening though TBH.

Springbank
17-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Type of talented fellow who'd win a derby match

AlbertK86
17-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Type of talented fellow who'd win a derby match

Aye a winner like his one against France would be good !!

Need something against that mob !

SMAXXA
17-06-2012, 09:42 PM

Cannae see it myself

That's csuse its never gona happen, anyone that thinks there's a possibility of mcfad signing for us is on a different planet.

More chance of us signing james cordan.

AlbertK86
17-06-2012, 09:45 PM
That's csuse its never gona happen, anyone that thinks there's a possibility of mcfad signing for us is on a different planet.

More chance of us signing james cordan.

Cordan would be better than the majority of the guff we have just now.

At least he could lift the spirits in the changing room !!!!!

SMAXXA
17-06-2012, 09:59 PM

Think he's already been earmarked for the newco, seemingly their summer special is a cordan blue, their next world renowned special

Andy74
17-06-2012, 10:04 PM
A few of the papers today reporting Cairney and Clancy as done deals. Talking to the Michalik boy too this week by the looks of it.

McFadden is struggling for a team by the way and can't see him ending up at a big club.

Dashing Bob S
17-06-2012, 10:08 PM

The Freddy Arpinion role.

fatbloke
17-06-2012, 11:20 PM

Someone told me he has had a special day of the year set aside for him.

It's to be called St Fat Prick's Day

Diclonius
18-06-2012, 10:33 AM
A few of the papers today reporting Cairney and Clancy as done deals. Talking to the Michalik boy too this week by the looks of it.

McFadden is struggling for a team by the way and can't see him ending up at a big club.

They've been "done deals" for about two weeks now. If they're "done deals", why haven't we announced them? More "stumbling blocks" to quote a certain disgraced former manager? :rolleyes:

Barney McGrew
18-06-2012, 10:38 AM
They've been "done deals" for about two weeks now. If they're "done deals", why haven't we announced them? More "stumbling blocks" to quote a certain disgraced former manager? :rolleyes:

Fenlon is back this week IIRC, more likely it's nothing more sinister than they just want to make sure he's around when they're announced.

The Sea-gull
18-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Fenlon is back this week IIRC, more likely it's nothing more sinister than they just want to make sure he's around when they're announced.

Why is there any need for a big grandstand announcement. Fenlon does not need to be here when the signings were announced. A quick note on the website by way of update would do the job.

Announcing the signings of Clancy and Cairney is not going to result in a sudden flood of interest and season ticket sales. While it is a start in terms of building a squad and they will hopefully play their parts, Fenlon and the board must come up with others who are of a better pedigree than this in order to improve our first XI and stimulate a bit of interest and excitement as well as making us a bit more competitive in the league in order for us to at the very least be chasing a top 6 spot next season.

If this is to be the standard of our summer signings then I don't think I'll be alone in being under-whelmed and a little concerned about next season.

Andy74
18-06-2012, 10:54 AM

Nothing unusual at this time of the year in agreeing the deals in principle and then actually completing the signing and fomralities later whn everyone is back.

Hibs, rightly, don't announce, until everything is complete.

I think we can take from all the reports that Cairney and Clancy will be hibs players next year. When they announce them makes no real odds to me.

One of the best players from the First Division and a regular in the team that finished 3rd. It's kind of what we've been asking for so I'd see that as positive.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2012, 10:56 AM

I wonder if they are under Contract until 30th June with their current clubs, hence the reason Hibs haven't officially announced?

Andy74
18-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Why is there any need for a big grandstand announcement. Fenlon does not need to be here when the signings were announced. A quick note on the website by way of update would do the job.

Announcing the signings of Clancy and Cairney is not going to result in a sudden flood of interest and season ticket sales. While it is a start in terms of building a squad and they will hopefully play their parts, Fenlon and the board must come up with others who are of a better pedigree than this in order to improve our first XI and stimulate a bit of interest and excitement as well as making us a bit more competitive in the league in order for us to at the very least be chasing a top 6 spot next season.

If this is to be the standard of our summer signings then I don't think I'll be alone in being under-whelmed and a little concerned about next season.

You are aware where Clancy finished last season aren't you?

The Sea-gull
18-06-2012, 11:05 AM
You are aware where Clancy finished last season aren't you?

Yeah, if by signing a few Clancys it made us finish 3rd I would be delighted. Don't think it would happen though.

Good to see a squad getting built. Feel we have to up the quality if we want to create a bit of interest and excitement for the season ahead.

CRAZYHIBBY
18-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Hibs are apparantly talking to 3 players agents as the players themselves are on holiday.....not been told who they are but its not mcpake clancy and cairney.....source is my mate kev who works at er

007 Mickey Weir
18-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Hibs are apparantly talking to 3 players agents as the players themselves are on holiday.....not been told who they are but its not mcpake clancy and cairney.....source is my mate kev who works at er

I hope they are speaking to a lot more than 3 players agents!

GK x 1
Def x 3
Mid x 3
For x 2

That's the bare minimum needed!

Billychaotic182
18-06-2012, 02:43 PM

GK x 1
Def x 3
Mid x 3
For x 2

100% agree with you mate

Kaiser1962
18-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Hibs are apparantly talking to 3 players agents as the players themselves are on holiday.....not been told who they are but its not mcpake clancy and cairney.....source is my mate *** who worked at er

Fixed that for you! :greengrin

The Sea-gull
18-06-2012, 03:01 PM

GK x 1
Def x 3
Mid x 3
For x 2

Yip absolutely the bare minimum. If we are working towards a squad of 23 (3 GKs and two players for each outfield position) then based on the players we on the books and not those we may or may not have signed, we have to be looking at something along the lines of the following come the start of the season. If any player is missing from the list it is because IMHO they are not good enough to be part of the squad:-

GKs - Young keeper who played v ICT (sorry forget his name), NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING

Defenders - Hanlon, O Hanlon, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING

Midfielders - Stevenson, Osbourne, Claros, Booth, Sproule, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING

Forwards - Doyle, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING

Of all those actually named, with the exception of Doyle who at least deserves a full season, Booth and maybe Stevenson, I have only named them because we can't afford to get rid of everyone but if by the January window they haven't improved or are not making an impact then they need moved on.

I know based on the above it means we need 14 new players but I really honestly think that is how much attention the squad needs. I am also realistic enough to know we ain't going to sign 14 new players but is it unrealistic to suggest we should sign 8-10 players and promote 4-6 youths? Maybe someone with knowledge of the youth players on the books will be able to answer the latter part.

Steve20
18-06-2012, 03:08 PM
We won't sign as many as 8 players, imo.

JohnStephens91
18-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Yip absolutely the bare minimum. If we are working towards a squad of 23 (3 GKs and two players for each outfield position) then based on the players we on the books and not those we may or may not have signed, we have to be looking at something along the lines of the following come the start of the season. If any player is missing from the list it is because IMHO they are not good enough to be part of the squad:-

GKs - Young keeper who played v ICT (sorry forget his name), NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING

Defenders - Hanlon, O Hanlon, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING

Midfielders - Stevenson, Osbourne, Claros, Booth, Sproule, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING

Forwards - Doyle, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING

Of all those actually named, with the exception of Doyle who at least deserves a full season, Booth and maybe Stevenson, I have only named them because we can't afford to get rid of everyone but if by the January window they haven't improved or are not making an impact then they need moved on.

I know based on the above it means we need 14 new players but I really honestly think that is how much attention the squad needs. I am also realistic enough to know we ain't going to sign 14 new players but is it unrealistic to suggest we should sign 8-10 players and promote 4-6 youths? Maybe someone with knowledge of the youth players on the books will be able to answer the latter part.

It should be this:
GKs - Paul Grant, Mark Brown, NEW SIGNING

Defenders - Hanlon, O Hanlon, Kujabi, Stephens, Booth, Foster, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING

Midfielders - Stevenson, Osbourne, Claros, Wotherspoon, Sproule, Stanton, Galbraith, NEW SIGNING

Forwards - Doyle, Stanton, Caldwell, NEW SIGNING

This squad leaves a lot to be desired in its present state, but hopefully a few of these players are off and a couple of the younger ones can be put out on loan to the first division to see if they are ready to play an SPL fixture. Hopefully Galbraith can remain injury free as I rate him quite highly, and hopefully Wotherspoon can rediscover his form.

Andy74
18-06-2012, 03:17 PM

We've lost more than that haven't we? I think we will sign at least that by the end of August.

Andy74
18-06-2012, 03:19 PM
It should be this:

Defenders - Hanlon, O Hanlon, Kujabi, Stephens, Booth, Foster, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING

Midfielders - Stevenson, Osbourne, Claros, Wotherspoon, Sproule, Stanton, Galbraith, NEW SIGNING

This squad leaves a lot to be desired in its present state, but hopefully a few of these players are off and a couple of the younger ones can be put out on loan to the first division to see if they are ready to play an SPL fixture. Hopefully Galbraith can remain injury free as I rate him quite highly, and hopefully Wotherspoon can rediscover his form.

Whit??! That squad would see us relegated!

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Whit??! That squad would see us relegated!

By xmas.

Steve20
18-06-2012, 03:22 PM
We've lost more than that haven't we? I think we will sign at least that by the end of August.

Are we not going with a smaller squad next season, though? I reckon maybe 5-6 players, with a few of them being able to play in more than one position, if needed.

Brightside
18-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Are we not going with a smaller squad next season, though? I reckon maybe 5-6 players, with a few of them being able to play in more than one position, if needed.

5-6 players? Thats a really small squad. Can we at least have a 11 please.

The Sea-gull
18-06-2012, 03:27 PM
It should be this:

Far too much loyalty to some of the failures who have worn the green recently IMHO. We can't get rid of them all unfortunately but we certainly shouldn't be keeping all of them either. Agree, as others have said, that squad would be near on relegation certanties next season.

I don't think we get many goals from those forwards with the service from that midfield unless your new midfielder is Iniesta and your new forward is Van Persie.

You have us signing 5 new players. I would like to think we will sign closer to double that.

Aldo
18-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Would be surprised if there are any more than 6 possibly 7 new faces. Those along with some of the Youngsters being promoted to the 1st team.

Money is tight?

ronaldo7
18-06-2012, 03:36 PM
It should be this:

Do we have the Stanton twins on the books now:greengrin

Andy74
18-06-2012, 03:46 PM

I think we've lost Stack, Doherty, Towell, McPake, Francombe, Murray, Welsh, Soares, O'Connor and Griffiths? As well as punting the likes of Palsson, Agogo, Thornhill and Sodje.

We can go with a smaller squad but still add more than 8 I think.

When you think we have probably signed Cairney and Clancy. We are also talking to Michalik and possibly McPake. We've also been linked with a couple of goalkeepers. That doesn't include any strikers yet and we've lost our starting two.

I think we will see about 10 new players. If we could get rid of the likes of O'Hanlon, Galbraith and Wotherspoon then hopefully we could look at 11 or 12. We need them.

AlbertK86
18-06-2012, 03:53 PM
It should be this:

Wot about the goalie Calum Antell ?

That squad guarantees relegation

Pretty Boy
18-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Wot about the goalie Calum Antell ?

That squad guarantees relegation

I'd expect Antell to be ahead of Grant in the pecking order. He wasn't involved in the final squad because he was cup tied from his time at Eat Stirling.

If that was the squad that started the season I'd be worried. Thankfully I'm 99.9% certain it won't be.

easty
18-06-2012, 03:59 PM
It should be this:

Danny Galbraith is more pi$h than a pi$hed tramp who's just pi$hed himself.

PeterboroHibee
18-06-2012, 04:26 PM

Yeah I cant see us signing too many. It is a bit worrying given the group of players we have at the club, where really only a few of them are anywhere near SPL standard, but with the uncertainty over the TV money etc, we are probably a bit limited in what we can do.

Dave-O
18-06-2012, 04:27 PM

What's fatty foulkes got to do with it......:greengrin

RoYO!
18-06-2012, 05:13 PM
It should be this:

Jesus that is terrifying seeing it in black and white like that! What a job Fenlon has, good luck to him

Westie1875
18-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Jesus that is terrifying seeing it in black and white like that! What a job Fenlon has, good luck to him

Yep, relegation written all over it unless something drastic is done. Given the deafening silence so far I'm not getting my hopes up. :rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
18-06-2012, 06:48 PM

Galbraith has had an op recently in London for a recurring problem that has been bothering him for a while. Lets hope its behind him now.

Aldo
18-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Let's give the man a chance guys. I am more than certain PF has been working very hard to bring players (better than we had) to the club.

And if we do sign an unknown give them a chance before we slate them.

ancient hibee
18-06-2012, 07:08 PM

That's the way -give them as much support as you can.

BoltonHibee
18-06-2012, 07:35 PM
That's the way -give them as much support as you can.

Is he wrong?

SouthamptonHibs
18-06-2012, 07:37 PM
We could support that team we have with 20,000 partizan Hibees each home game and we wouldn't get a point. The current players left are poor and that midfield is brutal. We need a full team signed possibly only Hanlon is any good and he's pretty poor. Major work required 18 days in and zero players signed!

3pm
18-06-2012, 08:54 PM
See McPake has retweeted a message of some felly begging him to join the Hibs! That should be the 3 year deal sorted now!!!!

FitbaFolkKen
18-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Is he wrong?

To express thoughts on a player like that, yes. Do you think that's the right way to talk about one of our young players?

keep the faith
18-06-2012, 09:08 PM
See McPake has retweeted a message of some felly begging him to join the Hibs! That should be the 3 year deal sorted now!!!!

He also tweeted about the derby fixture date....

Pretty Boy
18-06-2012, 09:13 PM
He also tweeted about the derby fixture date....

Linked in with a mention about Coventrys first home game too sadly.

Also answered a Coventry fan asking where he'll be playing next season with 'I'll be at Cov mate'.

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-06-2012, 09:16 PM
We could support that team we have with 20,000 partizan Hibees each home game and we wouldn't get a point. The current players left are poor and that midfield is brutal. We need a full team signed possibly only Hanlon is any good and he's pretty poor. Major work required 18 days in and zero players signed!

Exactly my thoughts, but don't expect any sympathy for your worries on here as you will get the usual excuses such as holidays and it's the "Hibs way"

The board should have acted much quicker to try and even make us feel a bit better after that final shambles but as usual not even a word, STV have already started kicking us when we are down by jumping on the Fenlon in the stands for the yaks game story yet we have complete and utter silence instead of at least statement of intent from Petrie and co.

An absolute disgrace in my book but of course I hope I'm wrong but as you say, 18 days....

JohnStephens91
18-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Do we have the Stanton twins on the books now:greengrin

:doh:

FitbaFolkKen
18-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Linked in with a mention about Coventrys first home game too sadly.

Also answered a Coventry fan asking where he'll be playing next season with 'I'll be at Cov mate'.

I also noticed he is mates with Brian Kerr.... fives on a regular basis... He's not the messiah!

Maybe get the two of them in!

JohnStephens91
18-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Far too much loyalty to some of the failures who have worn the green recently IMHO. We can't get rid of them all unfortunately but we certainly shouldn't be keeping all of them either. Agree, as others have said, that squad would be near on relegation certanties next season.

I don't think we get many goals from those forwards with the service from that midfield unless your new midfielder is Iniesta and your new forward is Van Persie.

You have us signing 5 new players. I would like to think we will sign closer to double that.

Sorry but read what I actually typed underneath the squad. Hibs are not just going to let loads of players who are under contract here go. That is why I said that young players need to go out and get some good first team experience, preferably in the first division. That would free up squad space and allow for new signings to come in as the likes of Claros and Osbourne have their contracts run down. Never once did I say that this is the squad I want us to have, but at this moment it is the one that we are equipped with. We need at least 3 defenders, 3 midfielders and at least two strikers, a goalkeeper would be a plus too.

But not once did I even remotely suggest that we keep the current squad without any major reshaping or shipping out.

IWasThere2016
18-06-2012, 10:14 PM
I think we've lost Stack, Doherty, Towell, McPake, Francombe, Murray, Welsh, Soares, O'Connor and Griffiths? As well as punting the likes of Palsson, Agogo, Thornhill and Sodje.

When you think we have probably signed Cairney and Clancy. We are also talking to Michalik and possibly McPake. We've also been linked with a couple of goalkeepers. That doesn't include any strikers yet and we've lost our starting two.

I think we will see about 10 new players. If we could get rid of the likes of O'Hanlon, Galbraith and Wotherspoon then hopefully we could look at 11 or 12. We need them.

:agree: Lord help us!!!

Northernhibee
18-06-2012, 10:20 PM
I still think that O'Hanlon could do a job for us, he was superb against Aberdeen at Pittodrie; with a bit of confidence he'd come back to bite us on the arse.

There's a good player in there.

yekimevol
18-06-2012, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=Salt & Sauzee;3267058]It should be this:

This give me nightmares !!!!

GKs - Paul Grant, Calum Atwell, NEW SIGNING

Defenders - Hanlon, Kujabi, Stephens, Booth, Foster, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING

Midfielders - Stevenson, Osbourne, Wotherspoon, Sproule, Stanton, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING

Forwards - Caldwell, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING

scott_hfc1875
19-06-2012, 12:41 AM
also see jonny hayes has tweeted he is deciding tomorrow where he is going but its not hibs

Onion
19-06-2012, 05:37 AM
Exactly my thoughts, but don't expect any sympathy for your worries on here as you will get the usual excuses such as holidays and it's the "Hibs way"

The board should have acted much quicker to try and even make us feel a bit better after that final shambles but as usual not even a word, STV have already started kicking us when we are down by jumping on the Fenlon in the stands for the yaks game story yet we have complete and utter silence instead of at least statement of intent from Petrie and co.

An absolute disgrace in my book but of course I hope I'm wrong but as you say, 18 days....

BoltonHibee
19-06-2012, 06:34 AM
To express thoughts on a player like that, yes. Do you think that's the right way to talk about one of our young players?

If he is pish, he is pish....no point in beating around the bush, no matter his age. A complete waste of a wage

Lmc2105
19-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Hayes has been tweeting a lot and spent a few long days in the glasgow area, and then motherwell before heading back to inverness, maybe it's motherwell,

The Sea-gull
19-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Some talk on twitter from journos that Hearts have now made him an offer. Not sure if they have the money these days, long since given up trying to work out how they get players but we have seen it so often in recent years when they go for an SPL player up against other clubs they usually get the man. See Ian Black, Darren Barr, Kevin Kyle, Andy Webster, Jamie Hammil, John Sutton, Mendi Touil.

If he doesn't sign for Aberdeen are they not going to look a bit silly? Apart from the infamous Mo Johnstone saga, I can't think of a time a club has basically announced a signing and then not followed it through.

He's not been linked to Hibs anywhere for weeks now so it doesn't look like he'll be coming anywhere near us. Once Hearts get the monopoly money out there is usually only one winner. If they sign players this summer then there is any wiff of wage problems next season then the SPL has to act.

In my view what they have done re wages is almost as bad as RFC. Keep hoping the house of cards will fall but that day never seems to come. Maybe it never will but until they sort themselves out we will always wonder if they are going to be the next Rangers. Just know that even if that jammy shower did go into admin or were liquidated, they will wriggle their way out of it and come relatively unscathed.

CB_NO3
19-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Whilst I agree with what you say about Hearts they have got rid of Beattie and Skacel who were probably on about 3.5k a week. Black was also on 2.5k a week. They could offer Hayes 2.5k a week and am guessing us (not saying we have made an offer) and Aberdeen wont offer more than 2k per week. Just the way it works.

easty
19-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Whilst I agree with what you say about Hearts they have got rid of Beattie and Skacel who were probably on about 3.5k a week. Black was also on 2.5k a week. They could offer Hayes 2.5k a week and am guessing us (not saying we have made an offer) and Aberdeen wont offer more than 2k per week. Just the way it works.

I would have liked us to get Hayes, but I don't think he's worth £2k a week.

easty
19-06-2012, 08:37 AM

If you only want to see nice things then go to need-a-cuddle.net.

He's nearly 22 year old. If he'd get upset by being called pi$h then it's nae wonder he's so powderpuff on the pitch. Here's a novel idea for him, be better.

frazeHFC
19-06-2012, 08:39 AM
He is a great player, would have loved him at Hibs.

Andy74
19-06-2012, 08:41 AM
I would have liked us to get Hayes, but I don't think he's worth £2k a week.

Useful player and great on his day but I would think there are better out there. The guy from Crewe for example seems a better option.

We might not end up with better but I'm hopeful we are trying and would not be settling for offering someone like Hayes daft money just to get a player in.

scoopyboy
19-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Hibs player met Aberdeen physio guy on holiday and said his first duty back was to give Hayes his medical at Pittodrie.

From another source it is believed he is a pish heid, might not fit in with the PF clean up.

scoopyboy
19-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Useful player and great on his day but I would think there are better out there. The guy from Crewe for example seems a better option.

We might not end up with better but I'm hopeful we are trying and would not be settling for offering someone like Hayes daft money just to get a player in.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread Motherwell, maybe we could get Chris Humphreys.

Wilson
19-06-2012, 09:05 AM

He's nearly 22 year old. If he'd get upset by being called pi$h then it's nae wonder he's so powderpuff on the pitch. Here's a novel idea for him, be better.

Nice one.:top marks:thumbsup:

Brightside
19-06-2012, 09:07 AM

And we wonder why we are failing to produce young talented players. "powderpuff"

Diclonius
19-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Hearts shouldn't be able to offer 1K a week let alone the 6 or 7 they usually do. Disgrace.

easty
19-06-2012, 09:30 AM
And we wonder why we are failing to produce young talented players. "powderpuff"

Mentally and physically the way Galbraith plays is absolutley "powderpuff". He's played 63 games for Hibs (wikipedia) and I'd say you'd be pushing it to say he's played well in even a handful.

But, aye you're right, Hibs Football Clubs inadequacies in finding and developing a new generation of talented footballers is because I call a guy, who's had a great opportunity in football, "powderpuff".

The Sea-gull
19-06-2012, 10:16 AM

Yes appreciate that is the way it works but it still stinks. Would have no problem with it if they had the money through investment, their cup success and consistently having the third best gate receipts but even with all that taken into account they still aren't always able to pay wages on time every month suggesting they don't actually have the money to do all that and service their debts.

Don't get me started on how they have managed to sign Beatie right in the midst of the wages fiasco but I suppose it has been deemed that they are not breaking any rules.

Gez1875
19-06-2012, 10:45 AM

i think we are able to offer beteween 4 and 6 thousand a player, and black and skacel would have been on i would imagine 10 grandish, we wont be beat to a player because someones offering 2 grand, if we want him we can better that.

Speedway
19-06-2012, 10:45 AM
If anyone is worried about the lack of signing news, it should be pointed out that we could have announced any free agent or pre-contract player by now but anyone that we're after/ we've signed, who starts work for us once their contract is up at their current employer can't (or shouldn't) be announced until July 1st, at the earliest.

Therefore, this either means that we've got nothing or that the players we're going for already have deals which are expiring at other clubs; which Cairney and Clancy certainly have.

Beefster
19-06-2012, 10:50 AM
i think we are able to offer beteween 4 and 6 thousand a player, and black and skacel would have been on i would imagine 10 grandish, we wont be beat to a player because someones offering 2 grand, if we want him we can better that.

If Black was on ten grand a week, my name is Dick Gozinya.

Andy74
19-06-2012, 10:50 AM
I hear we are getting that Lithuanian winger back for another look a his fitness. Anyone else heard similar?

Beefster
19-06-2012, 10:53 AM
If anyone is worried about the lack of signing news, it should be pointed out that we could have announced any free agent or pre-contract player by now but anyone that we're after/ we've signed, who starts work for us once their contract is up at their current employer can't (or shouldn't) be announced until July 1st, at the earliest.

Therefore, this either means that we've got nothing or that the players we're going for already have deals which are expiring at other clubs; which Cairney and Clancy certainly have.

It's perfectly normal for clubs to announce the signing of a player in advance of the end of his contract. Caldwell, Riordan, Donaldson and lots more that I can't be arsed thinking of right now.

Thecat23
19-06-2012, 10:54 AM
I hear we are getting that Lithuanian winger back for another look a his fitness. Anyone else heard similar?

I have also heard the same Andy.

Brightside
19-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Young players are not getting a chance to develop. They are thrown into a poor team who have forgeotten how to play football, they are supported by fans who scream abuse at them every time they make a mistake. Every time a player gets the ball he tries to get rid of it straight away as he's **** scared of making an error.... The attitude has to change in this country otherwise just accept we want to create a team full of hoofers with zero skill but the ability to grind out 0-0 draws!

alexedwards
19-06-2012, 10:58 AM

:bitchy:

Just_Jimmy
19-06-2012, 11:01 AM
If Black was on ten grand a week, my name is Dick Gozinya.

I was more stunned with the we offer 6 grand as our top line comment tbh.

Pretty Boy
19-06-2012, 11:01 AM

Wouldn't surprise me.

By all accounts it was nothing to do with ability when he wasn't offered a deal in January but more to do with him being unfit and unable to hit the ground running.

scoopyboy
19-06-2012, 11:03 AM

Do you mean per annum or per week?

Ian Black was on £2200 per week at Tynecastle.

scoopyboy
19-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Wouldn't surprise me.

By all accounts it was nothing to do with ability when he wasn't offered a deal in January but more to do with him being unfit and unable to hit the ground running.

Beat me to it.

jdships
19-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Young players are not getting a chance to develop. They are thrown into a poor team who have forgeotten how to play football, they are supported by fans who scream abuse at them every time they make a mistake. Every time a player gets the ball he tries to get rid of it straight away as he's **** scared of making an error.... The attitude has to change in this country otherwise just accept we want to create a team full of hoofers with zero skill but the ability to grind out 0-0 draws!

You forget there is no Reserve League these days where a young lad would come up against seasoned pro's and learn the hard way.
In my day this was drummed into you " If you can do for the reserves you will get your chance "
Don't be so quick to blame the young guys they should be allowed to gain experience - playing competitive football ata better level than youth/under 19..
i have spoken recently to three of our youngsters who were out on loan and they all said basically the same thing - " differnt game playing in 2nd/3rd Div than under 19 football , some as these old guys were tough as old boots "

:flag:

Andy74
19-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Yes appreciate that is the way it works but it still stinks. Would have no problem with it if they had the money through investment, their cup success and consistently having the third best gate receipts but even with all that taken into account they still aren't always able to pay wages on time every month suggesting they don't actually have the money to do all that and service their debts.

Don't get me started on how they have managed to sign Beatie right in the midst of the wages fiasco but I suppose it has been deemed that they are not breaking any rules.

The new rules will see them punished if they are late with wages or tax payments.

Every time they are close to it though they find the money from Ubig. So long as Ubig, who seem to have changed their minds on giving them more support, are happy to do that then they will escape any action.

Speedway
19-06-2012, 11:10 AM
It's perfectly normal for clubs to announce the signing of a player in advance of the end of his contract. Caldwell, Riordan, Donaldson and lots more that I can't be arsed thinking of right now.

Were any of those announced when Hibs were the new employers?

--------
19-06-2012, 11:12 AM

:agree: That's a senior goalie, five defenders, two midfielders, and two strikers. Ten players in all. That's what we need to replace, and even then, as you say, there are players still in the squad who hardly inspire confidence.

Speedway
19-06-2012, 11:16 AM

This boy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindaugas_Kalonas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FJlC2tm3y0

Andy74
19-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Wouldn't surprise me.

I think he has been on loan in Russia recently although I've no idea when their season actually is!

He's owned by a Ukranian team.

Seemed to be a popular player when with Bohemians.

Beefster
19-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Were any of those announced when Hibs were the new employers?

Clayton Donaldson.

Edit: Brian Kerr and Ivan Sproule were announced in advance too.

BEEJ
19-06-2012, 11:35 AM

For example, we announced the signing of Sproule last year in mid May when presumably his contract at Bristol City was still in force (though approaching the end).

Speedway
19-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Clayton Donaldson.

Edit: Brian Kerr and Ivan Sproule were announced in advance too.

Donaldson was announced as a pre-contract.

As was Kerr AND Sproule.

Beefster
19-06-2012, 11:44 AM

As was Kerr AND Sproule.

So we may have made agreements with players for them to become future employees but not asked them to sign anything? That's a risky change in policy and means that we haven't actually signed anyone.

BEEJ
19-06-2012, 11:47 AM

As was Kerr AND Sproule.
I obviously then haven't understood your earlier post.

Do the bits in bold not describe a pre-contract scenario? :confused:

Speedway
19-06-2012, 11:50 AM
I obviously then haven't understood your earlier post.

Do the bits in bold not describe a pre-contract scenario? :confused:

A pre-contract agreement is not the same as signing a contract which begins on a specified date, despite how similar they are.

paul_hfc3
19-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Anyway enough on the Yams Finances... Jonny Hayes are we after him or not?

IWasThere2016
19-06-2012, 11:56 AM
I was more stunned with the we offer 6 grand as our top line comment tbh.

Yup - apologies but the whole of his post is nonsense.

Aldo
19-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Most teams have a basic wage plus add ons. Ie. appearances goals win bonus.

2.5 basic plus add ons bout right.

O and as fur Hayes. If he wants to come fine if he hums and haws and is after more money GTF. You either want to play for us or you don't.

I only want guys who want to give their all for Hibs. ENDOF

Piqué
19-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Anyway enough on the Yams Finances... Jonny Hayes are we after him or not?

He has said on twitter he won't be signing for hibs

HoboHarry
19-06-2012, 12:14 PM
It amazes me how many posters actually bring figures into their posts. Where does this information come from? I can't help thinking for example that the only people who know what James McPake has been offered are Petrie, Fenlon, the agent and Mr and Mrs McPake. Everyone else I imagine is simply making stuff up. Unless they claim to have a friend "in the know" of course. Ahem.....

Andy74
19-06-2012, 12:25 PM
He has said on twitter he won't be signing for hibs

I also doubt we've been in for him which is why he is so sure.

Billychaotic182
19-06-2012, 12:32 PM
I also doubt we've been in for him which is why he is so sure.

Am amazed about how many player we are linked with that nothing ever comes out it.

greenginger
19-06-2012, 12:35 PM
The yams wages costs (excluding social security costs ) to June 2011 was £ 8,186,000 for 152 staff and, as the great majority are admins, ground staff and U/19's on not much more than the minimum, say average £ 20,000 for 136 of the staff would cost £3.65 million leaving £4.53 million to pay the remaining 16 high earners.

That would evenly divide into weekly wages of £ 5,445 each, but obviously some are higher and some are lower.

That is why I was banging on about Skacel's basic wage reported in his Court Case with his Agent as £ 3000 a week. I hope once the Forensic Accountants are finished with the Huns they will have time to inquire into the PBS Yamonomics.

GordonHFC
19-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Am amazed about how many player we are linked with that nothing ever comes out it.

I think that this is where the myth that so many players didn't/refused to come to hibs comes from as we can't be certain that we have ever approached them in the first place.

The Sea-gull
19-06-2012, 12:59 PM
I think that this is where the myth that so many players didn't/refused to come to hibs comes from as we can't be certain that we have ever approached them in the first place.

Exactly, being interested in a player is not the same as making an offer or having talks. Being "interested" may just mean that an agent or a journo has asked if we are interested and we say yes he is one of the players on our list of players we are interested in and giving an approach some thought. Doesn't mean that approach is ever made.

May even sometimes just be that agents and journos find out we are looking for a winger, he is out of contract and 2 and 2 is put together.

I think there has been enough whispers and comments to say that we do/did have some sort of direct interest in JH but there doesn't seem to be any reports or quotes from the player, Hibs (though Hibs never comment pubically on players they are interested in), his agent or even media stating that he has had talks with us or any offer was made.

As aside, though I completely understand Hibs policy on not discussing signings before they are made, it would be nice once in a while to hear the manager say that he tried to get player X or player Y but was unable to agree terms. Not saying we need to hear about every failed deal but the odd bit of info would be decent. I think we could all accept that we are not going to land every target but it would good if we see some indication of the level of player we have at least thought about.

I can't think of a time when anyone connected with Hibs has commented about anything in that way. I'm not talking about the manager mouthing off all the time about players he is interested in like Jimmy Calderwood, Mark McGhee, Craig Brown and FJK do but a little bit of infor for fans and some transparency from the club would be good.

It is not like our hush hush policy has paid dividends in terms of gems being unearthed and massive coups being made in recent times.

H18sry
19-06-2012, 01:03 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18318426 :wink:

California-Hibs
19-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Would love it if we managed to get the Lithuanian winger onboard! Spoke to a few people who have seen him play and hes ment to be a really decent player. I also like what ive saw myself from his youtube clips, fast and direct! We haven't had a proper winger at Easter Road for years! A few of the Bohemians lads who post on here were giving him rave reviews too if I recall. Heres hoping something happens with this one! :)

The Tubs
19-06-2012, 01:11 PM

I dunno how good a player he is, but we definitely need more potential captains.

DC_Hibs
19-06-2012, 01:27 PM

Thought he'd signed for ICT a while back.

H18sry
19-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Thought he'd signed for ICT a while back.
Aye duff info oops :greengrin
Warren ready for Caley switch

Inverness manager Terry Butcher will start his rebuilding for next season by signing Newport County captain Gary Warren.
The 27-year-old defender is available on a free transfer after turning down a new contract offer at the English Conference club.
Warren was also a target for Cheltenham Town, but the centre-back has opted to make the switch to Caley Thistle instead.
Newport director football, Tim Harris reckons the move to the Highlands was too good for Warren to turn down.
"While we are disappointed for ourselves we are over the moon for Gary," Harris said.
"This is a huge move for him, to play in the top tier of Scottish football, and we feel proud of him after he's been such a colossal player for us over the years."

Famous5forever
19-06-2012, 02:23 PM
:agree: That's a senior goalie, five defenders, two midfielders, and two strikers. Ten players in all. That's what we need to replace, and even then, as you say, there are players still in the squad who hardly inspire confidence.

Paddy will still need to empty the last of the dross thats a good start though and id still expect more to get us properly motoring:pfgwa

Hibernia Na Eir
19-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Mentally and physically the way Galbraith plays is absolutley "powderpuff". He's played 63 games for Hibs (wikipedia) and I'd say you'd be pushing it to say he's played well in even a handful.

But, aye you're right, Hibs Football Clubs inadequacies in finding and developing a new generation of talented footballers is because I call a guy, who's had a great opportunity in football, "powderpuff".

Have to agree. Passed DG in Asda last year and couldnt believe he was an SPL player. Looked more like a lanky schoolboy (no offence meant).

Billychaotic182
19-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Have to agree. Passed DG in Asda last year and couldnt believe he was an SPL player. Looked more like a lanky schoolboy (no offence meant).

I imaging hibs are doing things to change this as I remember an interview with Doyle and he said that the manager has made him hit the gym more to bulk up. I'd hope the same advice was giving to DG

SMAXXA
19-06-2012, 03:56 PM

If thats what you call lanky you must be 3 feet tall, last I seen him on George Street with a bird shopping he was small to average.

Gez1875
19-06-2012, 05:55 PM

7 years ago we where giving about 2 grand a week, we have increased our wage bill every year since then, this is of course not a basic wage but the top end eg win bonuses, goal bonuses and appearance fees you have to consider these things when running a business like a football club, maybe black wasnt on as much but skacel was not a kick in the backside off 10 grand a week.

SMAXXA
19-06-2012, 06:10 PM

Holmesdale Hibs
19-06-2012, 06:12 PM

Can't see Black earning anything like that. Firstly, because he's not that good and secondly there's no chance he'd have been taking on painting jobs with an annual salary of over £1m.

Having said that, I've heard some stories (mainly on here) about jambo wages and the £35m+ debt has to be spent somewhere.

Crazy to think that top 4 premiership sides will have players on the bench that get paid more than our entire squad.

Northern Hibby
19-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Johnny Hayes on Twitter: hopefully I can tell people tomorr!

BEEJ
19-06-2012, 08:59 PM
As aside, though I completely understand Hibs policy on not discussing signings before they are made, it would be nice once in a while to hear the manager say that he tried to get player X or player Y but was unable to agree terms. Not saying we need to hear about every failed deal but the odd bit of info would be decent. I think we could all accept that we are not going to land every target but it would good if we see some indication of the level of player we have at least thought about.

I can't think of a time when anyone connected with Hibs has commented about anything in that way. I'm not talking about the manager mouthing off all the time about players he is interested in like Jimmy Calderwood, Mark McGhee, Craig Brown and FJK do but a little bit of infor for fans and some transparency from the club would be good.
Do you mean like our reported bid for Naismith when he was at Killie? Or Sheridan last summer who then went to St Johnstone?

Or Jim Goodwin who elected to stay at St Mirren in January?

Iceman1875
19-06-2012, 11:00 PM
I doubt very much black is on anywhere near 2k per week.... He's rocking about in a 9 year old 3 series Beemer, if he was earning 6k a month after deductions and such like I would suspect he would be driving something more desireable than a 7k BMW....

CB_NO3
19-06-2012, 11:23 PM
I doubt very much black is on anywhere near 2k per week.... He's rocking about in a 9 year old 3 series Beemer, if he was earning 6k a month after deductions and such like I would suspect he would be driving something more desireable than a 7k BMW....

Black was on 10k a month.

Dashing Bob S
19-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Can't see Black earning anything like that. Firstly, because he's not that good and secondly there's no chance he'd have been taking on painting jobs with an annual salary of over £1m.

Having said that, I've heard some stories (mainly on here) about jambo wages and the £35m+ debt has to be spent somewhere.

Crazy to think that top 4 premiership sides will have players on the bench that get paid more than our entire squad.

I agree with your point in general, though perhaps, given last season and last 3 years in general, our squad might not be the best example to use.

hibsbollah
20-06-2012, 06:38 AM

Some footballers dont do the whole cliched flash car thing. Zouma had a wee VW golf.

scoopyboy
20-06-2012, 07:23 AM

Same ball park.

I wondered if maybe £2200 in year 1, £2400 in year 2 and £2600 in year 3.

Some clubs (including us) give a rise at the start of each season.

greenginger
20-06-2012, 07:56 AM
If the wages of their top earners are around £ 10,000 per month how do they rack up £ 8.5 million in wage costs ?

Gez1875
20-06-2012, 10:31 AM

its not over 1 million pound though... its £500,000 a year, and i did concede that was not as much as 10 grand for black but defo for skacel...... my main argument was we offer well more than 2 grand a week.

Beefster
20-06-2012, 01:17 PM
its not over 1 million pound though... its £500,000 a year, and i did concede that was not as much as 10 grand for black but defo for skacel...... my main argument was we offer well more than 2 grand a week.

Not second time round, it wasn't.

DC_Hibs
20-06-2012, 01:28 PM

No offence but you lost any chance of credibility with your initial post:

"i think we are able to offer beteween 4 and 6 thousand a player, and black and skacel would have been on i would imagine 10 grandish".

Ridiculous.

Gez1875
20-06-2012, 03:24 PM
No offence but you lost any chance of credibility with your initial post:

"i think we are able to offer beteween 4 and 6 thousand a player, and black and skacel would have been on i would imagine 10 grandish".

Ridiculous.

the problem with people like you is you dont want to hear these things because it doesnt comply with your opinion with our board and the money we pay on players, i did make a mistake and generalise my post and did take back the black statement, bottom line hearts pay well over the odds on players wages, thats why they cant afford to pay them now, there ticket sales which are in the millions and merchandise sales dont cover there players wages, thats why they cant pay them. we DO pay upto 6 grand on wages per week, so if hearts dwarf our wage bill what do they pay???

lost credibilty my arse!

The Sea-gull
20-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Do you mean like our reported bid for Naismith when he was at Killie? Or Sheridan last summer who then went to St Johnstone?

Or Jim Goodwin who elected to stay at St Mirren in January?

I don't think the Naismith bid was ever publically spoken about by anyone employed by the club before, during or after it was made. If it was ever made at all. I vaguely remember, a few weeks after he was sacked, John Collins speaking about how he was one the players he had suggested to the board.

Sheridan played as a trialist so it was fairly obvious we were considering signing him so public comment could not really be avoided.

Can't remember if what was said about Jim Goodwin by Hibs employees but the player himself stated publically that he had been for talks with Hibs so again no choice but to comment publically.

SteveHFC
20-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Has he made his decision yet? :cb

Jim44
20-06-2012, 03:40 PM
This Jambo player's on £3K a week. No he's not he's on £5K a week. Nah he's on £10K a week. Hibs pay £2K a week tops. Nah, they pay K4.5K a week plus bonuses.................. yada yada yada. I'm amazed, no, amused at the intimate knowledge of player's wages a lot of folk on this board have. :rolleyes:

JohnStephens91
20-06-2012, 03:57 PM
When we first signed Rob Jones he was on £1500 per week with bonuses on top of it. My dad who was working at the time for a bank (not saying which one) dealt with his call and got a 2 week processing job done in 10 minutes for him. Obviously his wage would have increased each season to something a bit more deserving of a club captain. However I believe that we must be paying in the region of £2500 to £3000 for highest earners at the team, partly because of the financial report document that detailed all the clubs in the worlds money spent on wages.

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2012, 04:10 PM
When we first signed Rob Jones he was on £1500 per week with bonuses on top of it. My dad who was working at the time for a bank (not saying which one) dealt with his call and got a 2 week processing job done in 10 minutes for him. Obviously his wage would have increased each season to something a bit more deserving of a club captain. However I believe that we must be paying in the region of £2500 to £3000 for highest earners at the team, partly because of the financial report document that detailed all the clubs in the worlds money spent on wages.

Net or Gross? :confused:

ancienthibby
20-06-2012, 04:15 PM

Be careful with what you post on the internet (if you don't mind my wee bit of advice!).

A few years ago we had a Hibee fan bank employee who literally released a number of Hibs salary payments to a world wide audience - and ended up in court!

JohnStephens91
20-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Net or Gross? :confused:

I think it would have been Gross, he was earning £6000 a month, which equals £1500 a week.

CB_NO3
20-06-2012, 07:31 PM
the problem with people like you is you dont want to hear these things because it doesnt comply with your opinion with our board and the money we pay on players, i did make a mistake and generalise my post and did take back the black statement, bottom line hearts pay well over the odds on players wages, thats why they cant afford to pay them now, there ticket sales which are in the millions and merchandise sales dont cover there players wages, thats why they cant pay them. we DO pay upto 6 grand on wages per week, so if hearts dwarf our wage bill what do they pay???

lost credibilty my arse!
Mate I dont think Hibs have paid 6k a week since the days of Latapy and Sauzee. When the Sky deal went tits up the first time round, they type of wages got reduced big time. No one knows the actual figures but its not hard to roughly work out what a player earns when you break down the x amount annual wage bill devided by x amounts of first team players. Obviously some will be higher than others. Think O'Connor and Stokes might have been the only 2 near 4k a week over the last 5 year, Deeks not far behind. The Stokes deal was a win win for both parties.

CB_NO3
20-06-2012, 07:40 PM
If the wages of their top earners are around £ 10,000 per month how do they rack up £ 8.5 million in wage costs ?

Black was no way near one of their top earners. Beattie, Elliot, Webster, Skacel, Zaliukas and Tauil were all on bigger wages.

Gez1875
20-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Mate I dont think Hibs have paid 6k a week since the days of Latapy and Sauzee. When the Sky deal went tits up the first time round, they type of wages got reduced big time. No one knows the actual figures but its not hard to roughly work out what a player earns when you break down the x amount annual wage bill devided by x amounts of first team players. Obviously some will be higher than others. Think O'Connor and Stokes might have been the only 2 near 4k a week over the last 5 year, Deeks not far behind. The Stokes deal was a win win for both parties.

yeah i agree with the stokes thing, i seem to recall someone saying on the radio when riordan came back that he was the highest paid player in scotland outside the old firm, i also stated we pay UPTO 6 grand i am well aware we dont pay everyone this amount.....my orignal argument was that we would not be deterred by someone wanting 2 grand a week, and as far the latapy, sauzee era, it was just as mcleish came in that we started the wage cap, which has went up since then, if they where on that kind of money then.........

scoopyboy
20-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Black was no way near one of their top earners. Beattie, Elliot, Webster, Skacel, Zaliukas and Tauil were all on bigger wages.

Couldn't argue the others but Beattie was on £1500pw, he could have signed for Luton for a lot more but he felt SPL would be a better shop window.

When he came up to Scotland he was looking to be signing on at Ibrox at the same time as Cousin.

Source - relation I work beside.

CB_NO3
20-06-2012, 10:37 PM
yeah i agree with the stokes thing, i seem to recall someone saying on the radio when riordan came back that he was the highest paid player in scotland outside the old firm, i also stated we pay UPTO 6 grand i am well aware we dont pay everyone this amount.....my orignal argument was that we would not be deterred by someone wanting 2 grand a week, and as far the latapy, sauzee era, it was just as mcleish came in that we started the wage cap, which has went up since then, if they where on that kind of money then.........
I think your getting mixed up mate. You will be lucky if we are paying half of what we were paying when Ginger Judas was in charge. Back then the sky deal was huge. We could afford to chuck 4k-7k a week on players like Sauzee, Latapy and Zatelli and so on. The sky deal crashed and left the clubs in a huge mess. We had to slash the wage bill big time and we were paying peanuts for a year till the Setanta deal came in. That also went tits up and although we got a new deal with sky its still very small, add a decrease in the number of fans coming through the gates then its no wonder we have had to slash the wage bill. The thing is, thats no excuse for us being rubbish. We pay argubaly the 4th or 5th biggest wages in the league and we are still rank.

DH1875
20-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Some footballers dont do the whole cliched flash car thing. Zouma had a wee VW golf.

:agree:. Don't know what he's on wage wise but Aunt Sally is driving about in a right old pile of kite at the moment. I'm not to clued up on cars but it's a dark blue/blackish colour Merc or BMW. I was totally shocked when I saw him in it as it's totally ****ed by the looks of it.