PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Hibs transfer rumours

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

truehibernian
23-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Are any of these guys promising? Do any of them have the making to become the next Scott Brown?

Jordan Forster is a no nonsense central defender. Danny Handling a striker......Handling reminds me of Kenny Miller. Great eye for goal, all kinds of goals. Very slight, but fantastic workrate. Stanton and Harris are creative midfielders, but again, slight in build. Technically very good players but would need experience and braun next to them to flourish.

Albion Hibs
23-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Tim Clancy from Killie.

truehibernian
23-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Tim Clancy from Killie.

Is he not a Motherwell player as of last season ? And he's mince.

Albion Hibs
23-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Is he not a Motherwell player as of last season ? And he's mince.

In that case you may be very disappointed.

truehibernian
23-05-2012, 08:09 PM

I will be if Hibs sign him, yep.

Macaroon
23-05-2012, 09:00 PM
He's not another lightweight midget by any chance is he?:rolleyes:

Yes he is.

You don't need to be a brute to play the roll he plays though, do you? In fact, I'm pretty sure it would impair you.

Macaroon
23-05-2012, 09:01 PM

What are you implying.

MyJo
23-05-2012, 09:12 PM
I will be if Hibs sign him, yep.

So we sign a defender with spl experience who just helped Motherwell finish in third last season and that's not good enough for you? :rolleyes:

Albion Hibs
23-05-2012, 09:14 PM
So we sign a defender with spl experience who just helped Motherwell finish in third last season and that's not good enough for you? :rolleyes:

Dont think he kicked a ball for them after the Jan window when the brought in replacements.

MyJo
23-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Dont think he kicked a ball for them after the Jan window when the brought in replacements.

Still made about 30 appearances for them?

Albion Hibs
23-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Still made about 30 appearances for them?

No idea, just know he did not do much following the Jan window.

truehibernian
23-05-2012, 09:20 PM

I watched Clancy closely when he was with Killie, when Mixu/Shiels pushed Hammill into midfield which accommodated Clancy in the right back slot. He was awful. I've also seen him at centre half and wasn't overly impressed.

I'd rather we sign Francomb if it's right back he's looking at, and use Jordan Forster for centre half cover if we sign McPake.

So yep, I'd be disappointed if we signed Clancy. And in my opinion, Lasley, Jennings, Ojaama and Humphreys were key to Well's success, especially Keith Lasley. Again, it's just my humble opinion.....if he signed and proved me wrong, I'll come on and eat humble pie mate.

stantonhibby
23-05-2012, 09:40 PM
I watched Clancy closely when he was with Killie, when Mixu/Shiels pushed Hammill into midfield which accommodated Clancy in the right back slot. He was awful. I've also seen him at centre half and wasn't overly impressed.

I'd rather we sign Francomb if it's right back he's looking at, and use Jordan Forster for centre half cover if we sign McPake.

So yep, I'd be disappointed if we signed Clancy. And in my opinion, Lasley, Jennings, Ojaama and Humphreys were key to Well's success, especially Keith Lasley. Again, it's just my humble opinion.....if he signed and proved me wrong, I'll come on and eat humble pie mate.

looks like the Clancy one is a goer & hope to get McPake deal done.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/322078

Macaroon
23-05-2012, 09:50 PM

I'm extremely impressed at the urgency to get these deals done. The transfer window isn't even open yet and we are already looking to tie down multiple players that are proven at SPL level. This is very promising.

As a side note, when was the last time Hibs actually signed a player from another SPL club? This may turn out to be a lot more recent than I thought and I may end up looking a bit foolish but I can't remember the last one?

stantonhibby
23-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm extremely impressed at the urgency to get these deals done. The transfer window isn't even open yet and we are already looking to tie down multiple players that are proven at SPL level. This is very promising.

As a side note, when was the last time Hibs actually signed a player from another SPL club? This may turn out to be a lot more recent than I thought and I may end up looking a bit foolish but I can't remember the last one?

not sure............John Rankin or Colin Nish maybe.............and they turned out well..........oh wait

Dalianwanda
23-05-2012, 09:55 PM

Didn't realise Gary o was gone?

zlatan
23-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Cregg and McBride would be the last?

Macaroon
23-05-2012, 09:56 PM
not sure............John Rankin or Colin Nish maybe.............and they turned out well..........oh wait

Haha very true. Who signed them though? That's the major factor here. I think Fenlon has a real eye for a player..

Or maybe I hope that.. One of the two

Gez1875
23-05-2012, 10:15 PM
bottom line mccall wanted to keep clancy, he cant be that bad, its not as if he was released!
but then again only time will tell if he signs for us which he probably will......get right behind him!

Leighonel
23-05-2012, 10:23 PM
bottom line mccall wanted to keep clancy, he cant be that bad, its not as if he was released!
but then again only time will tell if he signs for us which he probably will......get right behind him!

My friend who supports motherwell says he is a decent defender but can be a bit scary to watch because he tries to be too clever on the ball.

CallumLaidlaw
23-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Quote in the express about Hayes -

The Dons boss has already held talks with out of contract Inverness winger Johnny Hayes although he is more likely to go to Hibs. Brown, however, has finally closed the door on midfielder Kari Arnason returning to Aberdeen.

BEEJ
23-05-2012, 10:34 PM

Cregg and McBride would be the last?
Towell from Celtic (although just a loan deal). Prior to that Mark Brown from Celtic (Jan 2010).

Then the two Falkirk players mentioned (June / July 2009).

Green Man
23-05-2012, 10:34 PM
I'll be looking for a far more reliable source than the Daily Express to get me excited about signings.

zlatan
23-05-2012, 10:40 PM
I'll be looking for a far more reliable source than the Daily Express to get me excited about signings.

tbf to them the Express (and sister paper the Daily Star) appear to have a very good source within the club. Been way ahead of the other papers with several Hibs stories for a fair few years now.

The_Todd
23-05-2012, 10:44 PM

They turned out to be more committed and hard working players than most of the wasters who replaced them.

Green Man
23-05-2012, 10:47 PM
tbf to them the Express (and sister paper the Daily Star) appear to have a very good source within the club. Been way ahead of the other papers with several Hibs stories for a fair few years now.

Fair enough, I suppose they must have room for at least one good journalist amongst all the celeb watchers and scaremongers :greengrin

SteveHFC
23-05-2012, 11:05 PM
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/322083/McCall-could-lose-both-Clancy-and-Jennings

dmc1875
23-05-2012, 11:13 PM
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/322083/McCall-could-lose-both-Clancy-and-Jennings

If it turns out the Clancy does move to ER, then it looks like we have used our financial muscle against other SPL teams for the first time in a while...

Although it isnt a trademark signing, a statement of intent?

sundo1875
23-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Sorry if I've missed it but what position does clancy play?

snooky
23-05-2012, 11:26 PM

A link on the same page says Hibs are trying hard to sign McPake who is currently on holiday.
Thank goodness we're getting off our backsides and not leaving everything to the last day of the window.
I suppose with so many players out of contract we can't afford to take a chance on what's left on the last day of the summer sales.

Macaroon
23-05-2012, 11:30 PM
If it turns out the Clancy does move to ER, then it looks like we have used our financial muscle against other SPL teams for the first time in a while...

I think a quadruple announcement of Hayes, McPake, Clancy and Cairney could be the best statement of intent that could possibly be made. Wishful thinking maybe, but certainly not out-with the realms of possibility

Macaroon
23-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Sorry if I've missed it but what position does clancy play?

Centre Half but apparently can play Right back if needed

Diclonius
23-05-2012, 11:37 PM

I was of the opinion that it was the other way round, e.g. he is a right back that can play centre back.

Macaroon
23-05-2012, 11:39 PM
I was of the opinion that it was the other way round, e.g. he is a right back that can play centre back.

You're probably right. I wasn't basing my post on any real knowledge, just from the jist of what I had heard.

Edit: Doing that seems to be a bit of a theme on here eh..

Gez1875
24-05-2012, 12:22 AM
My friend who supports motherwell says he is a decent defender but can be a bit scary to watch because he tries to be too clever on the ball.

ahh, well we've have had enough defenders over the years that have thought they where fitbaw players, hopfully he knows what he's doing!

Speedway
24-05-2012, 05:46 AM
I remember the good ol days Speedway. You'd have had a nickname for each of them...

I'm just not what I used to be Crops.

Clancy and Cairney both have me concerned quality wise.

However I do believe that there might be an O'Connor in as well as one out.

stokesmessiah
24-05-2012, 05:59 AM
I'm just not what I used to be Crops.

Clancy and Cairney both have me concerned quality wise.

However I do believe that there might be an O'Connor in as well as one out.

This the boy from S****horpe?

bingo70
24-05-2012, 06:01 AM
McCall seems to rate the lad Clancy highly and he's seen more of him than any of us and he seems to have an eye for a player.

That said I've got a habit of getting my hopes up about New signings and not seeing any bad in them and they usually turn out to be pish so might try a different tact this time round......

Sounds pish, no hibs class booooooooooooo

stokesmessiah
24-05-2012, 06:01 AM

Ok I know it's a bit of a dumP but does the swear fIlter really need to censor its name??? Lol

Barney McGrew
24-05-2012, 06:41 AM

Scott Burns at the Express has been far more on the money with regards ins and outs at ER than any other journalist in the last year or so.

Speedway
24-05-2012, 07:31 AM

He's the guy who put s****horpre on the map.

Watch out also for a cheeky wee bid for Vurstobi Zendtov from some Czech team as well.

green glory
24-05-2012, 07:58 AM

Who?

TamHibs
24-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Who?

Michael O'Connor

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gtihgs

Aldo
24-05-2012, 08:07 AM

Watch out also for a cheeky wee bid for Vurstobi Zendtov from some Czech team as well.

Nice one Speeders. Might be too early for some tho. Cheers. ;-)

Speedway
24-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Forde

Clancy
McPake
Dillon
Hanlon

Hayes
O'Connor
Stevenson
Cairney

Griffiths
Doyle

Still VERY lightweight.

bingo70
24-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Forde

Clancy
McPake
Dillon
Hanlon

Hayes
O'Connor
Stevenson
Cairney

Griffiths
Doyle

Still VERY lightweight.

who's Forde?

Part/Time Supporter
24-05-2012, 08:10 AM
who's Forde?

Millwall goalkeeper

BarneyK
24-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Nice one Speeders. Might be too early for some tho. Cheers. ;-)

I got as far as copying and pasting to a Google tab before it clicked :thumbsup:

bingo70
24-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Millwall goalkeeper

Have we been linked with him in the papers or is it a football rumours type rumour?

Speedway
24-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Have we been linked with him in the papers or is it a football rumours type rumour?

Irish link as always:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Forde_(footballer)

Barney McGrew
24-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Irish link as always:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Forde_(footballer)

He's a very good keeper. Would be delighted with him coming in.

mattygibson
24-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Seen Swanson on friday. Hes going down south. Not signing for Hibs

Speedway
24-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Can't remember if it was on here on somewhere else where someone was having a dig at our managers and asking why Duffy could only sign 1st Div players, Yogi could only sign Falkirk players and Fenlon could only sign Irish players.

I wonder how that theory stands up to Paddy Kujabi and George O'Claros?

One Day Soon
24-05-2012, 08:41 AM

They've dropped their interest in Zendtov. Looking at a Lith now though - Kardus Dicentius I think

Speedway
24-05-2012, 08:43 AM
They've dropped their interest in Zendtov. Looking at a Lith now though - Kardus Dicentius I think

His disciplinary record is questionable.

One Day Soon
24-05-2012, 08:46 AM
His disciplinary record is questionable.

His brother Lakov has a better one.

MyJo
24-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Can't remember if it was on here on somewhere else where someone was having a dig at our managers and asking why Duffy could only sign 1st Div players, Yogi could only sign Falkirk players and Fenlon could only sign Irish players.

I wonder how that theory stands up to Paddy Kujabi and George O'Claros?

Is that bad that James mcpake was Scottish until he was signed by fenlon :greengrin:

Speedway
24-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Is that bad that James mcpake was Scottish until he was signed by fenlon :greengrin:

:greengrin

Now to get silly season really under way how about this whopper.

According to someone I know at Wigan Athletic, they are looking to cut their losses on Conor Salmon and have offered him to Fenlon.

LancsHibs
24-05-2012, 09:03 AM

Now to get silly season really under way how about this whopper.

According to someone I know at Wigan Athletic, they are looking to cut their losses on Conor Salmon and have offered him to Fenlon.

Ha ha not taking the bait:fishin:

hongkonghibee
24-05-2012, 09:18 AM
What are we down to, about 14 or 15 players on the books now?

Antell
Grant
Smith
Stephens
Spoon
Hanlon
Kujabi
Stevenson
Cairney
Caldwell
Doyle
Osbourne
Stanton
Monaghan

thats scary!
not one player there that really wows me.
PF may be looking for a whole new squad, not just first 11.

spike220
24-05-2012, 09:25 AM
I love the transfer window!

What a wonderful distraction after that game.

Fantasy, dreaming and lots of speculation.

The transfer window is great.

Jones28
24-05-2012, 09:29 AM
thats scary!
not one player there that really wows me.
PF may be looking for a whole new squad, not just first 11.

To make it worse theres about 5 kids on that list, but then if that's what we've got then thats what we need to use.

California-Hibs
24-05-2012, 09:44 AM
I love the transfer window!

What a wonderful distraction after that game.

Fantasy, dreaming and lots of speculation.

The transfer window is great.

I agree, i actually look forward to the summer time when various rumours and speculation comes up. Huge rebuilding job needed this window (possibly the biggest one in years?) Hope many signings are folk realisticly hoping for? I think with 4 already departed and a few more sure to leave aswel along with all the loans who have left we might get any many as 8 in.....

Here's hoping anyway! :thumbsup:

scott7_0(Prague)
24-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Here is all you need to know about the new crop of Hibs players coming in this close season...

Irish Players Abroad - http://eurorivals.net/abroad/irish.html

Here is a full list of Irish football players who are currently playing for clubs in English League.

Arsenal
Conor Henderson
Sean Mcdermott

Aston Villa
Shay Given
Richard Dunne
Stephen Ireland
Ciaran Clark
Enda Stevens
Graham Burke
Derrick Williams

Barnsley
Stephen Dawson
Birmingham City Birmingham City
Stephen Carr
Colin Doyle
Caleb Folan
Adam Rooney
Keith Fahey
Cian Hughton

Bolton
Mark Connolly

Brighton & Hove Albion
Gary Dicker
Marcos Painter
Anton Rodgers

Burnley
Chris Mccann
Keith Treacy
Kevin Long

Cardiff City
Anthony Gerrard
Liam Lawrence
Joe Mason
Stephen Mcphail

Chelsea
Conor Clifford

Coventry City
Joe Murphy
Richard Keogh
David Bell
Gary Deegan

Crystal Palace
Patrick Mccarthy
Owen Garvan
Sean Scannell
Paul Mcshane

Derby County
Conor Doyle
Jeff Hendrick
Mark O'brien

Doncaster Rovers
Paul Keegan

Everton
Darron Gibson
Seamus Coleman

Fulham
Stephen Kelly
Damien Duff

Hull City
Robert Brady
Jamie Devitt
Kevin Kilbane

Ipswich Town
Damien Delaney
Daryl Murphy
Mark Kennedy

Leeds United
Alex Bruce
Andy O'brien
Aidan White
Darren O'dea

Leicester City
Sean St Ledger
Conrad Logan

Man Utd
Sean Mcginty

Millwall
David Forde
Alan Dunne
Andrew Keogh
Aiden O'brien

Newcastle United
Leon Best
Robert Elliot

Norwich City
Wesley Hoolahan

Nottingham Forest
Greg Cunningham
Andy Reid
Brendan Moloney

Peterborough United
Daniel Kearns
Lee Frecklington

Portsmouth
Liam Lawrence
Stephen Henderson

QPR
Paddy Kenny
Brian Murphy
Michael Harriman

Reading
Jay Tabb
Noel Hunt
Karl Sheppard
Ian Harte
Carl Mchugh
David Murphy

Southampton
David Connolly

Stoke City
Glenn Whelan
Marc Wilson
Jonathan Walters
Rory Delap

Sunderland
John O'shea
David Meyler
Keiren Westwood
James Mcclean
John Egan

Watford
Mark Yeates
Rene Gilmartin
Sean Murray

West Brom
Keith Andrews
Shane Long
Steven Reid
Simon Cox

West Ham
Joey O'brien

Wigan
James Mccarthy
Conor Sammon

Wolves
Stephen Ward
Stephen Hunt
Kevin Doyle
Kevin Foley
Anthony Forde
Aaron Mccarey
Brian Mcgroary

J-C
24-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Aye, he's worth a shout as well.

I think both Jordan and Daniel may go back to BR for the first part of the season on loan however.

Not sure if you can play in the under 20s league and the third division at the same time however.

I suppose 3rd division will toughen laddies up quicker.

If this U20's league is up and running then that'll help these lads get much needed match play and any that shine will get a chance with the 1st team.

steakbake
24-05-2012, 10:33 AM
To make it worse theres about 5 kids on that list, but then if that's what we've got then thats what we need to use.

"You'll never win anything with kids" - Alan Hansen.

J-C
24-05-2012, 10:37 AM

A very good idea to get players in that can play in 1 or 2 positions, specially when injuries and suspensions start kicking in.

BarneyK
24-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Here is all you need to know about the new crop of Hibs players coming in this close season...

Irish Players Abroad - http://eurorivals.net/abroad/irish.html

Here is a full list of Irish football players who are currently playing for clubs in English League.

Arsenal
Conor Henderson
Sean Mcdermott

Aston Villa
Shay Given
Richard Dunne
Stephen Ireland
Ciaran Clark
Enda Stevens
Graham Burke
Derrick Williams

Barnsley
Stephen Dawson
Birmingham City Birmingham City
Stephen Carr
Colin Doyle
Caleb Folan
Adam Rooney
Keith Fahey
Cian Hughton

Bolton
Mark Connolly

Brighton & Hove Albion
Gary Dicker
Marcos Painter
Anton Rodgers

Burnley
Chris Mccann
Keith Treacy
Kevin Long

Cardiff City
Anthony Gerrard
Liam Lawrence
Joe Mason
Stephen Mcphail

Chelsea
Conor Clifford

Coventry City
Joe Murphy
Richard Keogh
David Bell
Gary Deegan

Crystal Palace
Patrick Mccarthy
Owen Garvan
Sean Scannell
Paul Mcshane

Derby County
Conor Doyle
Jeff Hendrick
Mark O'brien

Doncaster Rovers
Paul Keegan

Everton
Darron Gibson
Seamus Coleman

Fulham
Stephen Kelly
Damien Duff

Hull City
Robert Brady
Jamie Devitt
Kevin Kilbane

Ipswich Town
Damien Delaney
Daryl Murphy
Mark Kennedy

Leeds United
Alex Bruce
Andy O'brien
Aidan White
Darren O'dea

Leicester City
Sean St Ledger
Conrad Logan

Man Utd
Sean Mcginty

Millwall
David Forde
Alan Dunne
Andrew Keogh
Aiden O'brien

Newcastle United
Leon Best
Robert Elliot

Norwich City
Wesley Hoolahan

Nottingham Forest
Greg Cunningham
Andy Reid
Brendan Moloney

Peterborough United
Daniel Kearns
Lee Frecklington

Portsmouth
Liam Lawrence
Stephen Henderson

QPR
Paddy Kenny
Brian Murphy
Michael Harriman

Reading
Jay Tabb
Noel Hunt
Karl Sheppard
Ian Harte
Carl Mchugh
David Murphy

Southampton
David Connolly

Stoke City
Glenn Whelan
Marc Wilson
Jonathan Walters
Rory Delap

Sunderland
John O'shea
David Meyler
Keiren Westwood
James Mcclean
John Egan

Watford
Mark Yeates
Rene Gilmartin
Sean Murray

West Brom
Keith Andrews
Shane Long
Steven Reid
Simon Cox

West Ham
Joey O'brien

Wigan
James Mccarthy
Conor Sammon

Wolves
Stephen Ward
Stephen Hunt
Kevin Doyle
Kevin Foley
Anthony Forde
Aaron Mccarey
Brian Mcgroary

That's some wage bill we're gonna have next season :thumbsup:

Saturdays Hero
24-05-2012, 10:43 AM
A very good idea to get players in that can play in 1 or 2 positions, specially when injuries and suspensions start kicking in.

No s*** Sherlock.

J-C
24-05-2012, 10:50 AM
No s*** Sherlock.

How often have we seen certain managers trying to fit round pegs into square holes and failing miserably, remember Collins playing McCann at centre half.:confused: Palsson at right back etc.

S4uzee
24-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Don't know if mentioned already but says on stv fenlon interested in Steve Jennings, would be a great signing

Stevie Reid
24-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Don't know if mentioned already but says on stv fenlon interested in Steve Jennings, would be a great signing

I seem to recall McCall saying that Motherwell's only bad run of form last season coincided with Jennings being out injured.

Leishy1995
24-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Our strikeforce next year should be heskey Owen and drogba.

Kato
24-05-2012, 11:13 AM

That's just silly.

burtis97
24-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Article now on Sky Sports website saying Clancy has turned down two year deal with Motherwell and is set for a switch the Us!

stalbanshibby
24-05-2012, 11:16 AM
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/05/24/SOCCER_Motherwell.html&TEAMHD=scotspremiership&BID=425

Any good??

Sauzee92
24-05-2012, 11:19 AM
On Sky Sports News as well - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7775302/Clancy-linked-to-Hibs-move

Diclonius
24-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Signing a consistent member of a Champions League qualifying defence. Sounds good to me. :agree:

SlickShoes
24-05-2012, 11:21 AM
The older rainbow six games were brilliant but his more recent ones like Ghost Recon the latest splinter cell were a bit crap.

Leishy1995
24-05-2012, 11:22 AM
That's just silly.

A boy can dream can't he!

Spike Mandela
24-05-2012, 11:22 AM
With Motherwell doing so well and finishing third i'm disappointed to say I have never even heard of this guy.:confused:

Kato
24-05-2012, 11:24 AM
A boy can dream can't he!

A boy can also post rubbish as well.

scoopyboy
The older rainbow six games were brilliant but his more recent ones like Ghost Recon the latest splinter cell were a bit crap.

I'm well beat with this post.

Diclonius
Article now on Sky Sports website saying Clancy has turned down two year deal with Motherwell and is set for a switch the Us!

At first I read that as a switch to the US.

PeterboroHibee
24-05-2012, 11:25 AM

Pleased with that if he does sign for us. Surprised hes willing to leave Motherwell though, we must be offering him a pretty good deal if hes prepared to leave them after a very good season and with the CL games coming up!

burtis97
24-05-2012, 11:26 AM
At first I read that as a switch to the US.

Should have made that more clear! Sky Sports just changed the article from being set to make a move to.... Being linked with us!

One Day Soon
24-05-2012, 11:27 AM
"You'll never win anything with kids" - Alan Hansen.

We're not trying to win anything next season in my opinion, we're trying to stop losing and develop a professional habit. Just getting the squad mentality out of george street and not getting relegated next season would be a massive turnaround.

Leighonel
24-05-2012, 11:28 AM

Surely inzaghi is in with a shout. A bit old but can still bang them in. Plus a midfield of gattuso and Owen hargreaves then nesta can partner the superior James McPake in defence.

If you are gonna dream you may aswell go all the way.

.Sean.
Mate of mine's a 'Well fan. Says Clancy can beat a man and whip in some good crosses and is pretty comfortable with the ball but can be a bit slack at times. He likes him but he was often a scapegoat.

I don't think he'd be a bad signing at all.

J-C
Pleased with that if he does sign for us. Surprised hes willing to leave Motherwell though, we must be offering him a pretty good deal if hes prepared to leave them after a very good season and with the CL games coming up!

Lets hope the recent message from the board saying they needed to have a radical overhaul of the squad, have made them also realise that to do this we need to offer decent contracts or we'll just end up with similar players we had before.

Looking very likely that Clancy and McPake will be the first 2 signings. :greengrin

.Sean.
24-05-2012, 11:31 AM

Tom Clancy. And Rainbow 6 3 was my favourite game on the xbox.

Leishy1995
24-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Surely inzaghi is in with a shout. A bit old but can still bang them in. Plus a midfield of gattuso and Owen hargreaves then nesta can partner the superior James McPake in defence.

If you are gonna dream you may aswell go all the way.

I think inzaghi should be our back up. Hargreaves would never split ozzy and lewis to be honest.

Posh Swanny
24-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Erin go Bragh.

BarneyK
24-05-2012, 11:43 AM

Stuart McCall quoted as saying he has been offered "a far better deal" elsewhere. Doesn't sound like Hibs at all, that :greengrin

ekhibee
24-05-2012, 11:48 AM
I've seen Clancy and he's not bad. Motherwell, IMO were good going forward but not always that great at the back, so jury's out for me. And the Splinter Cell games were all pretty good on PS3 in my opinion too.

steakbake
24-05-2012, 11:49 AM
We're not trying to win anything next season in my opinion, we're trying to stop losing and develop a professional habit. Just getting the squad mentality out of george street and not getting relegated next season would be a massive turnaround.

No - I fully agree.

I just remember Hansen's ludicrous comment the season that Man U went on to do very well - with kids.

Sudds_1
24-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Mate of mine's a 'Well fan. Says Clancy can beat a man and whip in some good crosses and is pretty comfortable with the ball but can be a bit slack at times. He likes him but he was often a scapegoat.

I don't think he'd be a bad signing at all.

damn right.........we need a new scapegoat for next season now we've emptied out the current squad! :rolleyes:

The Green Goblin
24-05-2012, 11:58 AM

I heard it was Pat Jennings, to put a bit of experience behind the defence.

JimBHibees
24-05-2012, 12:06 PM
With Motherwell doing so well and finishing third i'm disappointed to say I have never even heard of this guy.:confused:

He was the guy that tried to get back on the post for GOC's free kick in the recent league game and ended up unsighting his keeper. :greengrin

GloryGlory
24-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Stuart McCall quoted as saying he has been offered "a far better deal" elsewhere. Doesn't sound like Hibs at all, that :greengrin

Despite qualifying for the CL prelims, McCall has been told that he needs to cut the player budget next season. Motherwell suffering financially, still get very small crowds.

R'Albin
24-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Anyone got any clues as to when Cairney will be made official?

BEEJ
24-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Perhaps 1 June will be regarded by the club as the watershed beyond which they can start to make announcements. :dunno:

PF's call for us to exercise patience (in today's paper) would suggest that no announcement on signings is imminent.

Speedway
24-05-2012, 12:24 PM

June 1st presumably.

R'Albin
24-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Perhaps 1 June will be regarded by the club as the watershed beyond which they can start to make announcements. :dunno:

PF's call for us to exercise patience (in today's paper) would suggest that no announcement on signings is imminent.

June 1st presumably.

Ahh I see :aok:

Edit - Did they not announce Ivan earlier last year though?

Speedway
24-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Ahh I see :aok:

Edit - Did they not announce Ivan earlier last year though?

Yes May 18th 2011, but that was a pre-contract.

R'Albin
24-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes May 18th 2011, but that was a pre-contract.

Is Paul Cairney not also a pre-contract though?

HibbySpurs
24-05-2012, 12:33 PM

:agree: My thinking entirely. McCall's comments are quite stark "far more by another club", if that club is Hibs this is really interesting. It would then appear that Hibs are preparing to offer more to get more (hopefully)...

If this is true my expectation is a "streamlined" squad of players earning on average more than has been the case in recent seasons with the caveat that we may lack a bit of strength in depth to maintain our wage budget.

Hopefully some of the younger boys currently at the club will be getting primed to act as back up to the more established & experienced players arriving.

This is a promising start, I just hope the momentum is maintained and we dont fall flat our faces (again)...

Speedway
24-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Is Paul Cairney not also a pre-contract though?

Depends when his contract ends.

I think what Hibs are trying to do is bring in a few and then on June 1st say 'We're on with it, here's the first four' or whatever.

I'd certainly be underwhelmed with us unveiling Cairney as the first summer signing on his Jack Jones.

Speedway
24-05-2012, 12:35 PM
:agree: My thinking entirely. McCall's comments are quite stark "far more by another club", if that club is Hibs this is really interesting. It would then appear that Hibs are preparing to offer more to get more (hopefully)...

If this is true my expectation is a "streamlined" squad of players earning on average more than has been the case in recent seasons with the caveat that we may lack a bit of strength in depth to maintain our wage budget.

Hopefully some of the younger boys currently at the club will be getting primed to act as back up to the more established & experienced players arriving.

This is a promising start, I just hope the momentum is maintained and we dont fall flat our faces (again)...

We had no strength in depth with a large squad this season anyway. They were all Tom Kite.

R'Albin
24-05-2012, 12:39 PM

I think what Hibs are trying to do is bring in a few and then on June 1st say 'We're on with it, here's the first four' or whatever.

I'd certainly be underwhelmed with us unveiling Cairney as the first summer signing on his Jack Jones.

True, I'd never thought of it like that. The fans would be a lot happier with multiple signings annouced, a first division player isn't going to get the a lot of fans very excited at all - no matter how good he is.

StevieC
24-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Despite qualifying for the CL prelims, McCall has been told that he needs to cut the player budget next season. Motherwell suffering financially, still get very small crowds.

I suspect almost every manager in the league will have been told to cut player budgets while there is so much uncertainty over Rangers, the SPL and TV money.

HibbySpurs
24-05-2012, 12:45 PM
We had no strength in depth with a large squad this season anyway. They were all Tom Kite.

exactly..... less is more:aok:

MyJo
24-05-2012, 12:46 PM
True, I'd never thought of it like that. The fans would be a lot happier with multiple signings annouced, a first division player isn't going to get the a lot of fans very excited at all - no matter how good he is.

I think the first signing to be announced will be mcpake for the PR benefits of retaining the team captain from last season and his is the signing that the majority of fans are calling for. Once that is done and dusted we will have hopefully picked up others like cairney, Clancy, vigurs etc who will be announced at the same time

steakbake
24-05-2012, 12:47 PM

Congratulations, Mr S - you're the first to use the 'U' word this transfer season.

You've won a year's supply of Greggs pastries.

Speedway
24-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Congratulations, Mr S - you're the first to use the 'U' word this transfer season.

You've won a year's supply of Greggs pastries.

Thank you, how do I collect my winnings?

I'm going to use 'Unveiled' more from now on, knowing there's prizes to be won.

FRes Hibbie
24-05-2012, 12:58 PM

If we're going to unveil 3 or 4 at the same time on June 1st does that mean they are currently veiled?

steakbake
24-05-2012, 01:06 PM

The Ts and Cs state that all winnings are collected on the next Hibs Scottish Cup Final appearance (May 2013).

Hope you have patience and a big freezer.

Speedway
24-05-2012, 01:08 PM
If we're going to unveil 3 or 4 at the same time on June 1st does that mean they are currently veiled?

I prefer 'cloaked in secrecy', but sure.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Is this clancey fella any good.....??

Speedway
24-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Is this clancey fella any good.....??
Like all our signings, he's good until he plays for us.

James70
24-05-2012, 01:34 PM

And there was me thinking he meant "Underwhelmed" :greengrin

Stevie Reid
24-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Now on BBC as well: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18194452

KWJ
24-05-2012, 02:21 PM
For me Clancy is another David Van Zanten. Extremely average. Was surprised Motherwell picked him up as he'd always looked a liability to me at Kilmarnock. He got 27 games for Motherwell which is decent but he was hardly the first name on the team sheet. He's versatile too, I'd have even preferred Towell.

Stevie Reid
24-05-2012, 02:29 PM
For me Clancy is another David Van Zanten. Extremely average. Was surprised Motherwell picked him up as he'd always looked a liability to me at Kilmarnock. He got 27 games for Motherwell which is decent but he was hardly the first name on the team sheet. He's versatile too, I'd have even preferred Towell.

Is it you that thought Craig Brewster was crap for Hibs? :greengrin

KWJ
24-05-2012, 02:49 PM
It is, but that's another story! And you mention it everytime we discuss a player :greengrin

The Craig Brewster that played for us would have quite rightly racked up a few appearances for Hibs the past few seasons in fairness. Would still rather have Akpo though :wink:

down-the-slope
24-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Yes May 18th 2011, but that was a Tache season ticket shifting move .

Fixed for you :aok:

Stevie Reid
24-05-2012, 02:54 PM
It is, but that's another story! And you mention it everytime we discuss a player :greengrin

The Craig Brewster that played for us would have quite rightly racked up a few appearances for Hibs the past few seasons in fairness. Would still rather have Akpo though :wink:

:aok:

I don't know enough about Clancy either, but will be encouraged if we are using a bit of financial muscle to get players who the team that finished clear 3rd in the SPL want to keep.

Jones28
24-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Says in the article that Jennings is out of contract as well? Sign him up too Rodders :aok:

Stevie Reid
24-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Says in the article that Jennings is out of contract as well? Sign him up too Rodders :aok:

And Lasley - we could do a lot worse than sign the two of them.

Lasley may be quite loyal to them though.

col02
24-05-2012, 03:17 PM
So begins the assembling of Fenlons proper squad! Quite happy to see our boss is making moves so quickly as I would expect to have everyone in place or signed at least for the resumption of pre season training in about 4 or 5 weeks time.

edinburghhibee
24-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Boy in the graft just got back from Kevin mules stag doo and he told me that hibs have offered Kyle a contract as have hearts on reduced terms due to the injuries. Not for me but I guess it gives us an insight into the type of player we are looking for up top

edinburghhibee
24-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Boy in the graft just got back from Kevin mules stag doo and he told me that hibs have offered Kyle a contract as have hearts on reduced terms due to the injuries. Not for me but I guess it gives us an insight into the type of player we are looking for up top

Kyle that's ment to say not mule

GraniteCityHibs
24-05-2012, 03:23 PM

:agree:

Exactly the kind of players that I've thought Hibs should be signing for the last few years.

We seem to have sat and watched all of the other non OF SPL teams snap up the best SPL talent while we've carried on with our Journeymen/SFL/Ex-Players/Loans policy.

However, maybe the fact that all of our players were either loans or Out of Contract will pay off as Pat knows exactly what his budget is right at the start of the transfer window and won't have to rely on 'shuffling the pack' to coin one of yogi's favourtie phrases. He has a blank sheet which as i say may be a great benefit to him/us.

muzzhfc
24-05-2012, 03:24 PM
dont know too much about the boy, but the motherwell fans seem to think he was a bomb scare. although the same was said about bamba. and many others who turned out decent. and many others who turned out to be bomb scares

WindyMiller
24-05-2012, 03:28 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy's_Rainbow_Six_(video_game)

GraniteCityHibs
24-05-2012, 03:28 PM
dont know too much about the boy, but the motherwell fans seem to think he was a bomb scare. although the same was said about bamba. and many others who turned out decent. and many others who turned out to be bomb scares

Let's just hope one of the ones we sign turns out to be decent as opposed to the usual ones we let go

PeterboroHibee
24-05-2012, 03:41 PM

His injuries are a concern but another player whos played in the SPL, Id take him. Glad thats what we are looking at rather than reserve players from the lower leagues down South.

edinburghhibee
24-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Like I said I personally wouldn't touch him with a ****ty stick but that type of player would be a great benefit to hibs. A Jon daly type of player.

Nailrod
24-05-2012, 03:59 PM
I think the first signing to be announced will be mcpake for the PR benefits of retaining the team captain from last season and his is the signing that the majority of fans are calling for. Once that is done and dusted we will have hopefully picked up others like cairney, Clancy, vigurs etc who will be announced at the same time

I'd be surprised if McPake comes back. Why would any decent player with aspirations to having some kind of career in football want to tie the Hibernian millstone round his neck before leaping off the pier?

Beefster
24-05-2012, 04:02 PM
I'd be surprised if McPake comes back. Why would any decent player with aspirations to having some kind of career in football want to tie the Hibernian millstone round his neck before leaping off the pier?

We're awesome at talking down our own club sometimes.

sambajustice
24-05-2012, 04:11 PM

So is this jack jones fella any good then?

James70
24-05-2012, 04:33 PM

Bit of a butcher but don't panic! :wink:

hopefulhibby
24-05-2012, 04:39 PM
His injuries are a concern but another player whos played in the SPL, Id take him. Glad thats what we are looking at rather than reserve players from the lower leagues down South.
We will be getting players from the lower leagues down south like Clifford Byrne and Micheal O Connor who have been released by Scunny, if you liked Harty you will love Byrne

The_Todd
24-05-2012, 04:45 PM

So Hearts are trying to sign him two months after releasing him? I'm doubtful of this story tbh.

Hermit Crab
24-05-2012, 04:45 PM

:tee hee:

CallumLaidlaw
24-05-2012, 04:57 PM

Maybe he believes in Fenlons vision. Maybe he is drawn in by the support at recent games, maybe he wants to settle in this area and is happy at hibs, knowing he'll be first choice, captain and idolised

PeterboroHibee
24-05-2012, 05:26 PM
We will be getting players from the lower leagues down south like Clifford Byrne and Micheal O Connor who have been released by Scunny, if you liked Harty you will love Byrne

Im not saying we shouldnt be looking there, but we have picked up quite a few players from the reserve leagues in England and they really havent worked out.

Why have they been released anyway, seem like decent enough players? Didnt they get offered cash for O'Connor last summer and rejected it?

edinburghhibee
24-05-2012, 05:26 PM
So Hearts are trying to sign him two months after releasing him? I'm doubtful of this story tbh.

Well the boy was told this from Kyle himself. Also when it was in the papers he had been released hearts were quoted as saying they would consider him again in the summer when fit if I remember correctly.

Spike Mandela
24-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Maybe he believes in Fenlons vision. Maybe he is drawn in by the support at recent games, maybe he wants to settle in this area and is happy at hibs, knowing he'll be first choice, captain and idolised

Maybe he'll go to the club that offers the most money like most other footballers..:cb

Leighonel
24-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Well the boy was told this from Kyle himself. Also when it was in the papers he had been released hearts were quoted as saying they would consider him again in the summer when fit if I remember correctly.

Yup, was just about to post this, I am sure they said they would take him back if he got over his injuries.

MSK
24-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Well the boy was told this from Kyle himself. Also when it was in the papers he had been released hearts were quoted as saying they would consider him again in the summer when fit if I remember correctly.Good for them ..if they are pinning their hopes on cripple Kyle for next season then augers well for us ..another waste o a wage ..still think he will end up as a part timer at Dunfermline though ..

snooky
24-05-2012, 05:37 PM

No U turns please :rules: :wink:

Ray_
24-05-2012, 05:37 PM
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_linked_with_motherwell_midfielder_steve_jenni ngs_745357/index.shtml

Cocaine&Caviar
24-05-2012, 05:44 PM
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_linked_with_motherwell_midfielder_steve_jenni ngs_745357/index.shtml

Exciting!

3pm
24-05-2012, 05:46 PM

Would be good. His agent was talking him up a few weeks ago, tipping him for a move down south.

We'll see!

MSK
24-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Exciting!About ..

a revelation in the steelmen's midfield this season as they qualified for the Champions League.

Please point me in the direction of a hibs midfielder who has been compared to Jennings this season..

Assuming of course you were being sarcastic ..

lucky
24-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Good news Hibs are moving quickly to get Pats targets. I'm looking forward to the new season, well it can't be any worse than the last two years

snooky
24-05-2012, 05:51 PM

Wow! I'd love to see Jennifer Aniston at ER :drool:

Cocaine&Caviar
24-05-2012, 06:43 PM
About ..

a revelation in the steelmen's midfield this season as they qualified for the Champions League.

Please point me in the direction of a hibs midfielder who has been compared to Jennings this season..

Assuming of course you were being sarcastic ..

No I really wasn't. And my post was referring to the prospect of McPake, Hayes, Arnason, Clancy as well as Jennings. If all were to come, I'd be pretty satisfied as long as they were followed by a goalkeeper and left back, and the resigning of GoC and Griffiths whom I do believe are up there with the best duo in the league.

Speedway
24-05-2012, 06:53 PM

He's no Iffonura Pastabaic, that's for sure.

Barney McGrew
24-05-2012, 06:55 PM

Is that the guy that that used to play with the no nonsense african defender Pun Tuphai?

Shrekko
24-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Some jokes never get old. Unfortunately.

MSK
24-05-2012, 06:58 PM
No I really wasn't. And my post was referring to the prospect of McPake, Hayes, Arnason, Clancy as well as Jennings. If all were to come, I'd be pretty satisfied as long as they were followed by a goalkeeper and left back, and the resigning of GoC and Griffiths whom I do believe are up there with the best duo in the league.:aok:

Macaroon
24-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Kyle that's ment to say not mule

Are you sure?

MSK
24-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Are you sure?Struggling to see the difference masel ...:greengrin

keep the faith
24-05-2012, 07:03 PM

That post just makes me want to log off here for the summer.

Macaroon
24-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Struggling to see the difference masel ...:greengrin

The scary thing is there genuinely is a resemblance :sick:

jdships
24-05-2012, 07:22 PM

But he did play with Mabawsa Ritchie

The old ones are still the best Boom !!! Boom !!!!

green glory
24-05-2012, 07:36 PM
But he did play with Mabawsa Ritchie

The old ones are still the best Boom !!! Boom !!!!

Think you're getting confused with the Indian international Ramitt Bawdeep.

Eyrie
24-05-2012, 07:41 PM
I'd rather have the German defender Jurgen Neuwehr.

hopefulhibby
24-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Im not saying we shouldnt be looking there, but we have picked up quite a few players from the reserve leagues in England and they really havent worked out.

Why have they been released anyway, seem like decent enough players? Didnt they get offered cash for O'Connor last summer and rejected it?
Dont know the reason for release but i heard the manager just didn't fancy them

Macaroon
24-05-2012, 07:47 PM
What substance is there behind the Jennings rumour? Would be a fantastic signing if we could pull it off

HibbyAndy
24-05-2012, 08:01 PM
What substance is there behind the Jennings rumour? Would be a fantastic signing if we could pull it off

He was seen on the no 26 bus sitting along side Jose Antonio Reyes.

WindyMiller
24-05-2012, 08:03 PM

Was Steve Clarke there?

MyJo
24-05-2012, 08:04 PM
So If rumours turn into actual signings what are we lining up as next season

.....................................brown/new gk

Clancy........……mcpake...........Hanlon........... .stevenson

Hayes................Jennings.........arneson..... ......cairney

.............................Doyle............grif fiths

:hmmm:

HibbyAndy
24-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Was Steve Clarke there?

:agree:

He was sitting beside Mikey:tee hee:

Macaroon
24-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Reyes? No Hibs class.. Should be going for Navas.

Petrie :grr:

Cocaine&Caviar
24-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Could anyone enlighten me as to what Motherwell's strongest XI was seen as last season?

Macaroon
24-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Could anyone enlighten me as to what Motherwell's strongest XI was seen as last season?

My guess is its something along the lines of:

Randolph
Hammell
Hutchinson
Clancy
Law
Hateley
Jennings
Lasley
Higdon
Murphy
Ojamaa

Leitherhibs
24-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Saunders ahead of clancy if he was fit. Craigan would also play if fit before clancy.

AlbertK86
24-05-2012, 08:41 PM

Wayne Roomey's da has put a bet on it !!!!!

Minder
24-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Wayne Roomey's da has put a bet on it !!!!!

Truth often said in jest ! But he ho no case to answer.:faf:

Part/Time Supporter
24-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Saunders ahead of clancy if he was fit. Craigan would also play if fit before clancy.

Saunders was crocked for pretty much the whole of last season, which is why they signed Clancy (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14667835). Craigan was pretty much finished after January, he only started one game (his farewell) after then.

eastmainsmsh
24-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Nigel Hasselbaink :confused:

Speedway
24-05-2012, 10:30 PM
I'd rather have the German defender Jurgen Neuwehr.

Nah, if you're going for Germans you want your Helmut Innbaum.

sixtwo
24-05-2012, 10:34 PM
So If rumours turn into actual signings what are we lining up as next season

.....................................brown/new gk

Clancy........……mcpake...........Hanlon........... .stevenson

Hayes................Jennings.........arneson..... ......cairney

.............................Doyle............grif fiths

:hmmm:

That is a horrible team. We should bin the current llot with the exception of mcpake. We should also bin the management team. Billy brown should never ever work at hibs again! We have been humiliated, I want to see a strong reaction. Loosen the purse strings and be bold, be aggressive. Now is a time for change. The team quoted above would be relegated before christmas. Finally, kujabi should be shot with a ball of his own fecal matter. Worst player ever

Macaroon
24-05-2012, 10:36 PM
That is a horrible team. We should bin the current llot with the exception of mcpake. We should also bin the management team. Billy brown should never ever work at hibs again! We have been humiliated, I want to see a strong reaction. Loosen the purse strings and be bold, be aggressive. Now is a time for change. The team quoted above would be relegated before christmas. Finally, kujabi should be shot with a ball of his own fecal matter. Worst player ever

Ahhhhh... Classic Hibs.net :aok:

lucky
24-05-2012, 10:46 PM

Either steaming or at it. Whichever one it is give it a rest

Leishy1995
24-05-2012, 10:50 PM

I've seen some crap, but this is my nomination for post of the year.

Dunbar Hibee
24-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Ahhhhh... Classic Hibs.net :aok:

Yeah...I do hope Billy Brown gets to **** though.

.Sean.
24-05-2012, 11:25 PM

No he wouldn't. Craigan couldn't get a game as Clancy lept him out the team. From a pal who follows Well home and away. I'd be pleased to sign Clancy.

Fergus52
24-05-2012, 11:55 PM

Is this genuinely serious?

hiblander
24-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Hibs are gonna sign the LOI select i heard ! Or a few thop qualitee thirst dithision bhoys i tink !

Macaroon
24-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Is this genuinely serious?

Not convinced by Lewis at LB. But that team would challenge top 6 no problem :hilarious

Macaroon
25-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Hibs are gonna sign the LOI select i heard ! Or a few thop qualitee thirst dithision bhoys i tink !
I suppose that is why we are linked with/had talks with McPake, Jennings, Arnason, Hayes, Swanson, Dixon and Clancy, then?

Leishy1995
25-05-2012, 12:03 AM
I haven't seen much of Arnason. But I've only heard decent things.

That cup final could have been the best thing to happen to the wee team.

The_Horde
25-05-2012, 12:10 AM

Good smack aye?

Macaroon
25-05-2012, 12:11 AM
;3245349']Good smack aye?

:faf:

Leishy1995
25-05-2012, 12:29 AM
?

Are you trolling or are you serious?

All players mentioned are by far an improvement on current squad members and decrease squads around us. Win win.

JohnStephens91
25-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Are you trolling or are you serious?

All players mentioned are by far an improvement on current squad members and decrease squads around us. Win win.

I think he is trolling, he's been at it all night on some threads.

Leishy1995
25-05-2012, 12:36 AM
I think he is trolling, he's been at it all night on some threads.

Fantastic way to spend ones free time

SloopJB
25-05-2012, 01:40 AM
:cb

The crack could be good conversation which you are welcome to join in.
Not many players would have me licking my balls but we do have to get better in than we had. It'll be gradual as it will be hard to attract players after that end to the season.
Says I.

SloopJB
25-05-2012, 01:55 AM
!!!!

You are saying the same as a number have already said. I seem to keep hoping that this time, this time. Things will be better. The right people are in place this time.
I'd like to see Collins back, there would have to be a fundamental change for that to happen though.

FitbaFolkKen
25-05-2012, 02:13 AM
!!!!

:fishin::stirrer:

FitbaFolkKen
25-05-2012, 02:21 AM
!!!!

There is moving for change with a reasonable solution, and there is just abuse. You appear keen on the latter. Petrie, like it or not, has done a lot for the club and doesn't deserve the level of abuse you are giving him.

stokesmessiah
25-05-2012, 05:54 AM
!!!!

ltyf.

ALF TUPPER
25-05-2012, 06:01 AM
!!!!

Come on matey ...... Theres no need for the abuse.

Hibrandenburg
25-05-2012, 06:04 AM
:cb

!!!!

Are you French? I'm only asking because your German and English is pish :dunno:

MyJo
25-05-2012, 06:28 AM

:hilarious:

joe breezy
25-05-2012, 07:04 AM
ltyf.

That's what I thought reading one of his posts for the first time, then saw he'd posted 177 times I think...

Not that I can read them on my phone so could all be trolling

SaulGoodman
25-05-2012, 07:37 AM
!!!!
I'll bet someone's got a hell of a hangover this morning...

Fantic
25-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Clancy close to completing Hibernian switchhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18194452

if it goes through its a good signing.

Joe
25-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Just putting it out there and not saying I've heard anything but what about Jeroen Tesselaar? 23, 6 foot tall, left back who impressed with St Mirren last year and on a free contract? Didn't he set up both St Mirren's goals against us at Easter Road last year?

ancienthibby
25-05-2012, 08:26 AM
0905:
FOOTBALLDefender George Francomb signs a new one-year deal with Norwich. The 20-year-old right-back spent six months on loan at Hibernian (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16531765) in the recently-completed season and is now targeting a more prominent role at Carrow Road.

StevieC
25-05-2012, 08:38 AM
That's what I thought reading one of his posts for the first time, then saw he'd posted 177 times

And 176 of them were the same p**h :rolleyes:

I'm b*gg*r*d if I'm going to go looking for the one that wasn't though. :greengrin

Just Alf
25-05-2012, 09:20 AM

The wunders of Google Translator

Macaroon
25-05-2012, 09:41 AM
!!!!

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Leishy1995
25-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Was Allen Orman not nearing 30 when he was at hibs? Cause I can't see him being the best player in any team.

Cocaine&Caviar
25-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Quite sorry to see Clancy go actually. I had grown to like him and rated him considerably more than when he first arrived at the club. I also quite liked that there was a hardness about him occasionally verging into dirty ******* territory, which isn't generally prevalent in our team. He walked a fine line more than a few times granted but I think we may miss his physicality on occasion.

McCall was spot on in the comments attributed to him in the Express though. For a short-term deal it went as well anyone could have hoped for, both for player and club.

Having said that of the first teamers offered deals for me he would be the most expendable. Hammell, Lasley and Jennings are the key players to be re-signed. We've got Hammell sorted so if Clancy's decision to go allowed the club to make a more convincing case to the other two then I could happily live with that, in the knowledge that we have Saunders coming back.

Interesting

Jones28
25-05-2012, 10:32 AM

That was my thinking, team captain and leading them into the CL next season so it might be the case that he wants to stay at 'Well

brog
25-05-2012, 11:46 AM
I think Clancy's a better footballer than Jennings & as he's not scared to put his foot in I'm not sure how much more value would be added by going for Jennings as well. OK, it has to be said, signing Jennings would surely be a huge gamble!! Sorry!

stokesmessiah
25-05-2012, 11:47 AM
I think Clancy's a better footballer than Jennings & as he's not scared to put his foot in I'm not sure how much more value would be added by going for Jennings as well. OK, it has to be said, signing Jennings would surely be a huge gamble!! Sorry!

:confused:

James70
25-05-2012, 11:50 AM

If we go for Jennings we should also be trying to sign Derbyshire as well, I believe they make a great partnership! :wink:

Sorry, that probably goes over most folks heads on here!

MSK
25-05-2012, 11:53 AM
:confused:Jennings = gamble = alleged involvement in betting scam = sent off v tramps ...:wink:

Dan Sarf
25-05-2012, 11:59 AM
If we go for Jennings we should also be trying to sign Derbyshire as well, I believe they make a great partnership! :wink:

I loved those books!

degenerated
25-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Jennings = gamble = alleged involvement in betting scam = sent off v tramps ...:wink:

i wonder if Craig Thomson was the ref :greengrin

LeithBoozy
25-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Interesting

He played for Millwall, :wink: no shrinking violets there. :greengrin

Thomson
25-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Competition For Clancy.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-face-competition-for-tim-clancy-1-2318122?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-face-competition-for-tim-clancy-1-2318122?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed)

Cocaine&Caviar
25-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Competition For Clancy.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-face-competition-for-tim-clancy-1-2318122?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-face-competition-for-tim-clancy-1-2318122?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed)

Saw a tweet yesterday saying Chesterfield :rolleyes:

tinnyhibby
25-05-2012, 12:39 PM

Ha! ha! I got it. Read them all when I was a wean.:wink:

truehibernian
25-05-2012, 06:42 PM
I see a player I liked, Greg Tansey, has signed a 3-year deal with Stevenage today.

fit o' the walk
25-05-2012, 06:51 PM
While we're on the Motherwell theme,does anyone know if the Estonian guy Henrik Ojamaa is out of contract,he looked a decent player.

Bobby's Cinema
25-05-2012, 07:11 PM
While we're on the Motherwell theme,does anyone know if the Estonian guy Henrik Ojamaa is out of contract,he looked a decent player.
An unconfirmed source tells me he won't be pulling on a Hibernian shirt somehow

Part/Time Supporter
25-05-2012, 07:14 PM

He's contracted to Motherwell until 2014.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16773095

fit o' the walk
25-05-2012, 07:19 PM
He's contracted to Motherwell until 2014.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16773095So he would be a no,no then,cheers mate.

PatHead
30-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Jonny Hayes away to Aberdeen according to BBC. Good player who could have done a job for us.

Stevie Reid
30-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Jonny Hayes away to Aberdeen according to BBC. Good player who could have done a job for us.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/S...from-Hayes.htm (http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Tade-set-to-depart-but-no-decision-from-Hayes.htm)

GREGORY Tade is understood to be close to agreeing a two-year deal with St Johnstone, but Jonny Hayes has rebuffed reports he is to sign for Aberdeen, despite the Dons maintaining otherwise.The French forward, who finished last season as Caley Thistle's top scorer on nine goals, has stated that playing European football was a big factor in his decision to sign for the Saints after spending just one season in the Highland Capital.Tade, who was offered a new deal by Inverness, is expecting to sign for the Perth club within the next 24 hours.The news of Tade's departure is another blow for Caley Thistle manager Terry Butcher, who has already seen Greg Tansey turn down the chance to stay with Inverness, instead opting to join English League One side Stevenage last week.However, Inverness may still be in with a chance of keeping hold of winger Hayes, who took to Twitter to deny a story that he had agreed to join Aberdeen."I must have a doppelganger because I've managed to sign for teams even though I'm halfway across the world," said Hayes, who is currently on holiday in Thailand."I have not signed for Aberdeen. My agent was speaking to them before I went on holiday 10 days ago. I'll know what's happening when I get back."He also posted that he would not be making a decision on his future until he returns in mid-June.Aberdeen, however, released the following statement on their official club website today insisting Hayes had put pen to papaer on a two-year deal."We met with Jonny's agent Des Byrne prior to the last game of the season and both Jonny and his agent felt that this was the right move for him," said Aberdeen chief executive Duncan Fraser."Negotiations were carried out in an extremely professional way and I am pleased to say he has chosen Aberdeen ahead of a number of potential clubs."Butcher has given Hayes and his other out of contract players, which include Thomas Piermayr, Kenny Gillet, Chris Hogg, Ross Tokely, Owain Tudur Jones and Billy McKay, a deadline of tomorrow to give him an indication of whether or not they will be accepting the deals Caley Thistle have tabled.

Elephant Stone
30-05-2012, 01:08 PM

He's a player we should be signing. Him being available for free makes it even harder to understand the lack of interest, disappointing!

Peevemor
30-05-2012, 01:09 PM
He's a player we should be signing. Him being available for free makes it even harder to understand the lack of interest, disappointing!

How do you know that there's been no interest?

--------
30-05-2012, 01:09 PM

Hate to be pedantic (well, actually, no, I really enjoy it :devil:) but his name was spelled "Darbishire", IIRC.

Charles Edwin Jeremy Darbishire. :cb

WE could always go after Venables, Atkinson and Pettigrew as well.

Elephant Stone
30-05-2012, 01:20 PM
How do you know that there's been no interest?

If we were seriously interested he'd be signing for Hibs over Aberdeen.

Peevemor
30-05-2012, 01:21 PM

He hasn't signed for Aberdeen.

Elephant Stone
30-05-2012, 01:24 PM
He hasn't signed for Aberdeen.

And he's not going to?

zlatan
30-05-2012, 01:25 PM

Right now that's like choosing to be kicked in the balls or smacked in the face with a watermelon.

Elephant Stone
30-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Right now that's like choosing to be kicked in the balls or smacked in the face with a watermelon.

I know, we should be able to offer more money for his troubles though.

Peevemor
30-05-2012, 01:27 PM
And he's not going to?

I've no idea, but it's pointless moaning about it until it happens.

Elephant Stone
30-05-2012, 01:30 PM
I've no idea, but it's pointless moaning about it until it happens.

I doubt Aberdeen would lie. I'm not moaning, he's just a player I really rate and he's available for free, I'm disappointed about us missing out. That is all!

Stevie Reid
30-05-2012, 01:41 PM
I doubt Aberdeen would lie. I'm not moaning, he's just a player I really rate and he's available for free, I'm disappointed about us missing out. That is all!

It seems like they have, for the time being at least: -

Inverness may still be in with a chance of keeping hold of winger Hayes, who took to Twitter to deny a story that he had agreed to join Aberdeen.
"I must have a doppelganger because I've managed to sign for teams even though I'm halfway across the world," said Hayes, who is currently on holiday in Thailand.
"I have not signed for Aberdeen. My agent was speaking to them before I went on holiday 10 days ago. I'll know what's happening when I get back."
He also posted that he would not be making a decision on his future until he returns in mid-June.
Aberdeen, however, released the following statement on their official club website today insisting Hayes had put pen to papaer on a two-year deal.
"We met with Jonny's agent Des Byrne prior to the last game of the season and both Jonny and his agent felt that this was the right move for him," said Aberdeen chief executive Duncan Fraser.
"Negotiations were carried out in an extremely professional way and I am pleased to say he has chosen Aberdeen ahead of a number of potential clubs."

He may yet sign for them, but he hasn't yet - as the transfer window hasn't opened yet, any signing announced now would have to be a pre-contract one, IIRC. This clearly isn't the case here.

Kaiser1962
30-05-2012, 01:53 PM
I know, we should be able to offer more money for his troubles though.

Aberdeen generally pay more than Hibs, and usually have a greater income. We are pretty evenly matched financially though.

Elephant Stone
30-05-2012, 01:55 PM
It seems like they have, for the time being at least: -

He may yet sign for them, but he hasn't yet - as the transfer window hasn't opened yet, any signing announced now would have to be a pre-contract one, IIRC. This clearly isn't the case here.

Their website says:
Aberdeen FC can confirm that agreement has been reached with Jonny Hayes on a two year deal that will commence at the end of his present contract with Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC.

Chief Executive Duncan Fraser stated "We met with Jonny's agent Des Byrne prior to the last game of the season and both Jonny and his agent felt that this was the right move for him. Negotiations were carried out in an extremely professional way and I am pleased to say he has chosen Aberdeen ahead of a number of potential clubs. Jonny was a key target for Craig and we are delighted with the outcome".

Jonny will sign the deal after undergoing a medical on his return from holiday.

Where's the lie?