PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Hibs transfer rumours

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16

brydekirk
31-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Can anybody post up the hibs.net address for me ? Thanks

Steve-O
31-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Problem he will find in aussie is that he is likely to have to fly to the chairmans house if he wants to bitch about the manager....

Jones for the Phoenix! I'll get Ricki on the phone just now. :aok:

KanyeWestLower
31-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Rob Jones is signing for Doncaster Rovers

Lucius Apuleius
31-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Can anybody post up the hibs.net address for me ? Thanks

:confused: Need help with this one mate.

DC_Hibs
31-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Im pretty sure Forsyth is a wide player (think he plays on the left). He does seem to have had a decent first season there, but they have new owners and a new manager, a loan deal might be possible if Zola doesnt rate him. Usually all the rumours on these sort of sites are rubbish though.

I think Forsyth did more than enough in the championship last season to mean there would be better offers from other clubs down south if Watford were looking to get rid...which I doubt.

They've announced 7 new signings today including 5 loans from Italy.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19060497

NorthNorfolkHFC
31-07-2012, 08:34 AM
My friend played with him at Carlogie. Obviously he will have improved but he said he is a big lad with a great left peg, he will put in a great shift and is always a handful. The only problem is he is on the slow side and won't run away from his marker.
Despite this he said he would vastly improve our midfield. Here's hoping.

Hermit Crab
31-07-2012, 08:57 AM
A whole lot of talk about a season long loan deal for Craig Forsyth (young central midfielder from Watford) on the rumours site. A lot of Bull is posted there, but this one has a lot of mentions.

If there's anything in it, he's a very good player.

Everyone's a good player - until they come to Hibs ;)

Leishy1995
31-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Why? He's been paid up and contract cancelled and his last two clubs. HIs stock isn't that high.

Jones is better than we've got. But her aint no world beater. If he holds his position, he can do a solid job.

When hez all over the place trying to do everybody elses job he was a liability.

He was our best centre half in years and led by example. Whilst being partnered with Hogg. Who Jones made better.

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 10:15 AM
He was our best centre half in years and led by example. Whilst being partnered with Hogg. Who Jones made better.

:agree:

carnoustiehibee
31-07-2012, 10:50 AM
My friend played with him at Carlogie. Obviously he will have improved but he said he is a big lad with a great left peg, he will put in a great shift and is always a handful. The only problem is he is on the slow side and won't run away from his marker.
Despite this he said he would vastly improve our midfield. Here's hoping.

whos your friend?

hes just bought a new flat down there,

but zola is bringing in loan players from udinese and granada so he might get loaned out somewhere.

would def improve our left midfield

HoboHarry
31-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Everyone's a good player - until they come to Hibs ;)
If we signed Carles Puyol some of the bedwetters on this site would be complaining about him being too old/not Hibs class/better off with youth players yada yada yada.....

Cocaine&Caviar
31-07-2012, 11:37 AM
If we signed Carles Puyol some of the bedwetters on this site would be complaining about him being too old/not Hibs class/better off with youth players yada yada yada.....

He's not even 6ft...

HoboHarry
31-07-2012, 11:40 AM
He's not even 6ft...
Damn....forgot about that. What was I thinking?

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-07-2012, 11:45 AM

I very much doubt it. At least it would let Stephens play up front.

Thecat23
31-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Just heard Dean Shiels have made a decision and is off to Newco. Personally couldn't care less myself as I never got the Sheil's love in.

GGTTH07
31-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Hearing on that agent Scotland that us and Dundee have both held talks over a 1 year loan deal. Anyone seen him play?

IWasThere2016
31-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Just heard Dean Shiels have made a decision and is off to Newco. Personally couldn't care less myself as I never got the Sheil's love in.

He was never coming to Hibs.

Franck Stanton
31-07-2012, 12:54 PM
whos your friend?

hes just bought a new flat down there,

but zola is bringing in loan players from udinese and granada so he might get loaned out somewhere.

would def improve our left midfield

Not saying much as just about anyone would improve our pathetic excuse for a midfield.

CRAZYHIBBY
31-07-2012, 12:58 PM
When does the window close?

CRAZYHIBBY
31-07-2012, 01:04 PM

Thomson
31-07-2012, 01:05 PM

The end of August :aok:

Vault Boy
31-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Im pretty sure Forsyth is a wide player (think he plays on the left). He does seem to have had a decent first season there, but they have new owners and a new manager, a loan deal might be possible if Zola doesnt rate him. Usually all the rumours on these sort of sites are rubbish though.

:agree: You're correct, played as a left midfielder a lot of the time. He has also played in the centre, although, if there is anything to the rumour, he would more than likely be put on the wing with Cairney operating in the middle of a three man attacking midfield, ahead of Lewis and Jorge (or the possibility of Kerr).

Andy74
31-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Hearing on that agent Scotland that us and Dundee have both held talks over a 1 year loan deal. Anyone seen him play?

Did very well for Dundee before moving to Watford. Might make them more of a favoured destination.

Mind you, he seems to be a good mate of Leigh Griffiths...

IWasThere2016
31-07-2012, 01:27 PM
There is something in the Forsyth link.

le bill
31-07-2012, 01:44 PM

Just now - it was getting a bit drafty

Hermit Crab
31-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Just now - it was getting a bit drafty

Booooooooooooooo in fact ****in Booooooooooooooo ;)

Thecat23
31-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Did very well for Dundee before moving to Watford. Might make them more of a favoured destination.

That's what I was thinking.. I'd be very happy if we got him though. Exactly type of player we need.

IWasThere2016
31-07-2012, 02:03 PM

Yup n yup! And should be a greater priority than Maybury and Kerr IMO.

Wilson
31-07-2012, 02:11 PM
There is something in the Forsyth link.

It'd be nice to see him, to see him...

McKenzie
31-07-2012, 02:38 PM
It'd be nice to see him, to see him...

All depends if the price is right for RP

patch1875
31-07-2012, 03:01 PM
We will have to play our cards right on this one

SMAXXA
31-07-2012, 03:04 PM

Good gaym, Good gaym

http://static.unrealitytv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/bruce-forsyth.jpg

Spike Mandela
31-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Didn't he do well at Watford?

Steviethebear
31-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Vine signs for St Johnstone, sorry if already posted elsewhere

Leishy1995
31-07-2012, 03:29 PM
St Johnstone are doing well this window.

Andy74
31-07-2012, 03:34 PM
St Johnstone are doing well this window.

Not sure - they've lost Morris, Sandaza and Sheridan and and replaced with lesser or unproven quality. That's what we do and get stick for is it not?

Aldo
31-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Not sure - they've lost Morris, Sandaza and Sheridan and and replaced with lesser or unproven quality. That's what we do and get stick for is it not?

I'll give you Morris but they know what they are getting with Tade and Hassielbank. Vine if he produces goals like sat then he will be a shrewd addition.

Hermit Crab
31-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Never mind them what about us?? Petrie!!!!!!

JimBHibees
31-07-2012, 05:24 PM
I'll give you Morris but they know what they are getting with Tade and Hassielbank. Vine if he produces goals like sat then he will be a shrewd addition.

Tade and Hasselbaink are IMO no where near the quality of Sheridan and Sandaza. Vine is a decent player however his career slump must be a concern but possibly worth a gamble from their viewpoint.

woodythehibee
31-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Hibs are definitely in talks with Forsyth (or at least his representatives). Hopefully we can get this one over the line. I reckon its between us and Dundee. He obviously would have sentimental reasons for going to Dens but hopefully the lure of the Hibees is enough :agree:

H18sry
31-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Another loan deal though, have we not learnt anything from last season? :confused:

PeterboroHibee
31-07-2012, 06:47 PM
As a loan deal, Im not sure what we can really do to put ourselves in a better position than Dundee? Given that he started there and is from the area, he might want the opportunity to play for them in the SPL. Hopefully he will sign for us though, sounds like just the player we need!

Heisenberg
31-07-2012, 07:00 PM
As a loan deal, Im not sure what we can really do to put ourselves in a better position than Dundee? Given that he started there and is from the area, he might want the opportunity to play for them in the SPL. Hopefully he will sign for us though, sounds like just the player we need!

That's exactly what I was thinking as well, would be good to get him as we really need someone to provide a bit of width.

GordonHFC
31-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Another loan deal though, have we not learnt anything from last season? :confused:

No difference from signing GO'C on a one year deal.

Leishy1995
31-07-2012, 07:14 PM

Doing well for theirself. We know fine well that cut backs are happening. So they signed lesser players but players who have done have decent to lesser SPL teams.

SouthamptonHibs
31-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Any news on potential signings or players we linked with? Surely before Sunday's game we need to sign some players? Or are we going to war with a weaker team than we finished last season with?

hibees 7062
31-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Hibs are definitely in talks with Forsyth (or at least his representatives). Hopefully we can get this one over the line. I reckon its between us and Dundee. He obviously would have sentimental reasons for going to Dens but hopefully the lure of the Hibees is enough :agree:

Ahh i remember those days

E10 Rifle
31-07-2012, 08:03 PM

My dad rekons he's pish, I reckon he's good. It's a generation game.

patch1875
31-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Strictly speaking he's not signed yet

sesoim
31-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Any news on potential signings or players we linked with? Surely before Sunday's game we need to sign some players? Or are we going to war with a weaker team than we finished last season with?

As things stand, yes.

Meanwhile, Aberdeen, with smaller crowds, much bigger debt, and a new stadium to build, are signing players like Hayes, McGinn and so on. Why is that, Petrie?

Cocaine&Caviar
31-07-2012, 08:49 PM
How's Prince Bauben getting on at Watford?

scoopyboy
31-07-2012, 08:53 PM
As things stand, yes.

Meanwhile, Aberdeen, with smaller crowds, much bigger debt, and a new stadium to build, are signing players like Hayes, McGinn and so on. Why is that, Petrie?

Care to elaborate on so on.

They have lost more useful players than they have signed.

007 Mickey Weir
31-07-2012, 08:55 PM
As things stand, yes.

I think you are forgetting Aberdeen lost 9 first team players over the summer and got a decent fee for Fyvie. They have only signed 2 players. Hayes replaces Fyvie. But they lost two other key players in Reynolds and Arnisson.

Dundee Utd are the only team that have done well to keep as strong. It will be them and Hearts fighting for 2nd place. With everyone else behind.

IMO

SouthamptonHibs
31-07-2012, 08:58 PM
As things stand, yes.

With Rangers out the league it looks as if Aberdeen are spending a bit looking to challenge for 2nd place. With less than 5 daysz to go we have added no exciting players to our team as we had McPake and Griffiths. Watching United game on tv then up for Hearts and St J game. I think Hibs signing strategy is rank and wrong. Since 2007 i cant remember a season were we actually started wi a strong team and didn't have to waut until gsme 4/5 before finding out what our squad is.

cocopops1875
31-07-2012, 09:02 PM
With Rangers out the league it looks as if Aberdeen are spending a bit looking to challenge for 2nd place. With less than 5 daysz to go we have added no exciting players to our team as we had McPake and Griffiths. Watching United game on tv then up for Hearts and St J game. I think Hibs signing strategy is rank and wrong. Since 2007 i cant remember a season were we actually started wi a strong team and didn't have to waut until gsme 4/5 before finding out what our squad is.

But as stated they have lost 9 players and brought in 2 ? how is that Spending ?

SouthamptonHibs
31-07-2012, 09:06 PM
But as stated they have lost 9 players and brought in 2 ? how is that Spending ?

I thought they had brought in more players...if they've not i'll correct my point on Aberdeen

Emerald
31-07-2012, 09:30 PM

I think leaving it any later will harm any remaining hope of getting more season ticket sales. Its the end of the month and a lot of folk are getting paid and maybe still undecided. The pre season payment plan ends on Friday and our first game is on Sunday. As you say, by the time we get round to bringing players in that we badly need, all the incentives and enthusiam will be gone, especially if we get off to a bad start. I'm hoping we will announce a couple of decent signings very soon and they can extend the payment plan until next week to help bring the fans back. We should really be aiming to have a squad in place by now. They maybe have tried really hard but Hibs should be able to persuade players that there is a bright future here. Who knows what is wrong with the system but I can't believe its all down to money. I don't want to give up another derby just coz there's "still a few weeks until the window shuts". Every game counts.

down-the-slope
31-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I think leaving it any later will harm any remaining hope of getting more season ticket sales. Its the end of the month and a lot of folk are getting paid and maybe still undecided. The pre season payment plan ends on Friday and our first game is on Sunday. As you say, by the time we get round to bringing players in that we badly need, all the incentives and enthusiam will be gone, especially if we get off to a bad start. I'm hoping we will announce a couple of decent signings very soon and they can extend the payment plan until next week to help bring the fans back. We should really be aiming to have a squad in place by now. They maybe have tried really hard but Hibs should be able to persuade players that there is a bright future here. Who knows what is wrong with the system but I can't believe its all down to money. I don't want to give up another derby just coz there's "still a few weeks until the window shuts". Every game counts.

The deadline is because we need to know how much there is to spend before we run out of opportunity to do so

Emerald
31-07-2012, 09:55 PM
The deadline is because we need to know how much there is to spend before we run out of opportunity to do so

Point taken and I fully understand this but there is only a few days left for anyone who may be on the swither to sign up. My point is that they may be lost if we delay signings until the end of August. There is a lot of folk like me renewed back in April and the wait for a squad that can merely compete is killing me. My point is if we are going to do it, it really can't wait much longer.

ahibby
01-08-2012, 08:54 AM

Nail on head with that one. When I say we have been uninspiring that is exactly what I am getting at. Hibs appear to have spent every penny from asset sales over the years on infrastructure and because of the poor quality of players we have seen in the past few years I suspect that some gate receipt money has also been spent on infrastructure. If not then we have been rank rotten at spotting players to bring in. The evidence of last season clearly shows that most SPL teams with smaller budgets have been more inspiring and astute with signings. Our managers have changed but the same continues, and so the common factor is not the football managers. The fans have supported the club in good numbers in the past, only really dropping away in the past two seasons, and who could blame them, when Hibs only change the managers and not the root of the problems. We need a better midfield and forward line and if we don't get that then I foresee many Hibs fans with sad faces (again) this coming season.

Offside Trap
01-08-2012, 10:08 AM
I really hope we get some signing news in next 48 hours. All of the "excuses" are now removed:

- Euro 2012 over :greengrin
- SPL TV deal concluded and £££ value known to clubs
- End of financial year on 31st July 2012
- Reasonably final position in terms of Season Ticket £££ revenues known.

:pray:

Andy74
01-08-2012, 10:25 AM

Which is?

frazeHFC
01-08-2012, 10:28 AM
I saw Forsyth once last year for Watford on the tele and looked a good player, would be exactly what we need if he performed the same for us.

ScottB
01-08-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm loving how Aberdeen replacing 9 players with 2 is 'ambition' but our own signings so far are apparently hopeless (The best defender we've had in years, a Championship striker, a proven SPL player and a promising youngster from SFL1. Wait, is that twice the number '2nd chasing' Aberdeen have brought in?) and a sign of us spending everything on infrastructure.

A definite lack of logic on here!

marinello59
01-08-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm loving how Aberdeen replacing 9 players with 2 is 'ambition' but our own signings so far are apparently hopeless (The best defender we've had in years, a Championship striker, a proven SPL player and a promising youngster from SFL1. Wait, is that twice the number '2nd chasing' Aberdeen have brought in?) and a sign of us spending everything on infrastructure.

We may well have had an underwelming transfer window so far but it's the same right across the SPL. It's why I now think talk of us finishing top six is not ridiculous. (I apologise in advance to those who are offended by my optimism. :greengrin)

scoopyboy
01-08-2012, 11:05 AM

You might as well add in a sound goalkeeper who turned down an offer from a championship team to come to us.

If it was Aberdeen fans claiming they hadn't done as much as us I could understand but the way it is being claimed on here is absolute bonkers.

Steve-O
01-08-2012, 11:08 AM
We may well have had an underwelming transfer window so far but it's the same right across the SPL. It's why I now think talk of us finishing top six is not ridiculous. (I apologise in advance to those who are offended by my optimism. :greengrin)

It's not ridiculous, it's absolute insanity! :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
01-08-2012, 11:59 AM
I really hope we get some signing news in next 48 hours. All of the "excuses" are now removed:

- Euro 2012 over :greengrin
- SPL TV deal concluded and £££ value known to clubs
- End of financial year on 31st July 2012
- Reasonably final position in terms of Season Ticket £££ revenues known.

:tee hee:

bingo70
01-08-2012, 12:26 PM

Notice they've signed Gary naysmith today as well.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but could it be because they've gone for the much spoken of quality over quantity that we talk about every year but never seem to find.

andrew70
01-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Naysmith while a gd signing for the Dons we've signed a steady, SPL competitive full back in Tim Clancy also Clancy is younger.

Brown seems to be playing Hayes through the middle off Vernon conversely we have Griffiths much rather have Leigh than Hayes.

Our new keeper, Williams, seems to be strong and confident and with McPake at centre half we are starting to build a strong spine.

Aberdeen may have signed more exciting players in some people's eyes but it's time for Hibs to be steady, confident and consistent and I think we're slowly building a squad capable of doing that...

...having said that I think we're 3/4 players away from doing so in the upper echelons of the SPL

Andy74
01-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Notice they've signed Gary naysmith today as well.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but could it be because they've gone for the much spoken of quality over quantity that we talk about every year but never seem to find.

McPake, Williams, Grifiths, Clancy and potentially Cairney come into the category of decent quality for me.

We need more but I don't think anyone has signed much better.

H18sry
01-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Which is?

That the majority of loan players do not give a **** about the teams they are loaned to and cannot wait to get back to there clubs.

marinello59
01-08-2012, 12:42 PM
McPake, Williams, Grifiths, Clancy and potentially Cairney come into the category of decent quality for me.

No, no ,no ,no no. Only if they had signed for anybody else would they qualify as quality players. This isn't 'Nam, this is hibs.net, there are rules.

Phil MaGlass
01-08-2012, 12:45 PM
That the majority of loan players do not give a **** about the teams they are loaned to and cannot wait to get back to there clubs.

aye Vaz Te for example

frazeHFC
01-08-2012, 12:56 PM
aye Vaz Te for example

He was the worst for it.

Fergus52
01-08-2012, 01:01 PM
aye Vaz Te for example

Vaz te wasn't on loan.

Or am I missing something?

J-C
01-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Vaz te wasn't on loan.

Nope yer right, a short term deal to end of the season, didn't have the wisdom to sign him up for longer so we could've gained out of it.

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-08-2012, 01:13 PM
this thread may as well be deleted as there is a fair chance there will be no more other than Maybury and/or Kerr.

marinello59
01-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Nope yer right, a short term deal to end of the season, didn't have the wisdom to sign him up for longer so we could've gained out of it.

Do you honestly think he would have signed for longer thus taking his future (and those all important signing on fees) out of his own hands? There is no way on this earth Vaz Te saw the SPL or Hibs in particular as a long term career move. Given the talent he so obviously has a short term loan should have been beneficial to Hibs and the player. Unfortunately he was willing to take the dosh and give very little back in return. That's not the clubs fault.

J-C
01-08-2012, 01:14 PM
this thread may as well be deleted as there is a fair chance there will be no more other than Maybury and/or Kerr.

Thought the window was open till end of August.

ScottB
01-08-2012, 01:16 PM

Like McPake and Griffiths then aye?

Hermit Crab
01-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Thought the window was open till end of August.

It is.

Hermit Crab
01-08-2012, 01:20 PM

And you know this because.....??

goosefat
01-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Vaz te wasn't on loan.

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought he was a free agent at the time and signed up with the understanding he would leave at the end of that season. Shame CC didn't go with him (or CC go and Vaz Te stay, for that matter).

Hermit Crab
01-08-2012, 01:28 PM

He did say "majority" mate not them all.

H18sry
01-08-2012, 01:30 PM

Which part of MAJORITY do you not understand :rolleyes:

goosefat
01-08-2012, 01:40 PM

The part between the 'M' and 'Y', it would seem.

:tee hee:

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-08-2012, 01:43 PM
I don't know for sure. I'm just losing faith.

Getting frustrated with the team/formation Fenlon is playing and sick of watching Hibs every summer f@£$y about until the first game of the season before bringing players in.

We are in desperate need of 'almost' a new midfield with a bit width but with four days until the new season we still have an underachieving, lightweight creatively challenged midfield.

hibees 7062
01-08-2012, 01:52 PM
I don't know for sure. I'm just losing faith.

Getting frustrated with the team/formation Fenlon is playing and sick of watching Hibs every summer f@£$y about until the first game of the season before bringing players in.

We are in desperate need of 'almost' a new midfield with a bit width but with four days until the new season we still have an underachieving, lightweight creatively challenged midfield.

Andy74
01-08-2012, 02:07 PM

We only really loaned players for the second half of last season and they were not responsible for the mess we were in at that point - the permenant players had done that by themselves. The loan players came in and helped get us out of the mess and got us to a cup final.

Maybe they don't care about Hibs but I didn't see many if any playing like that. They all done their jobs. McPake and Griffiths for example were pretty key and were on loan.

Andy Webster captained Dundee Utd to the Scottish Cup whilst on loan.

Loaning players is not the issue, it's identifying the right players to come into the club, whoever they are and no matter how long they are here for.

ScottB
01-08-2012, 02:42 PM

Who were all our loanees last season all in then?

McPake and Griffiths undoubtedly 'cared.'

I would say Docherty and Soares clearly didn't give a crap as you suggest. The others I wouldn't list one way or the other. So that's hardly a majority, or a reason not to go after a potentially decent player, who given his background looks more like a McPake or Griffiths than a Soares or Docherty.

Andy74
01-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Who were all our loanees last season all in then?

McPake and Griffiths undoubtedly 'cared.'

I would say Docherty and Soares clearly didn't give a crap as you suggest. The others I wouldn't list one way or the other. So that's hardly a majority, or a reason not to go after a potentially decent player, who given his background looks more like a McPake or Griffiths than a Soares or Docherty.

Doherty might have been a choob but he performed. Soares was never fit but clearly cared when you saw the players celebrating goals etc.

Francombe also got stuck in when asked, O'Donovan was just rubbish but didn't have an issue with his application.

It's just a lazy comment about loan players if you ask me - which no-one did!

ScottB
01-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Doherty might have been a choob but he performed. Soares was never fit but clearly cared when you saw the players celebrating goals etc.

Francombe also got stuck in when asked, O'Donovan was just rubbish but didn't have an issue with his application.

It's just a lazy comment about loan players if you ask me - which no-one did!

True, I don't personally have any issue with loan players. Indeed a lot of them appeared to care more and try harder than some of those that were here permanently last season.

The Sea-gull
01-08-2012, 03:54 PM

We were the team in the league who needed the biggest overhaul. What has been done so far is not enough. Other teams may not have done much but they have existing quality. Looking through the squads of other teams aberdeen, united, motherwell (squad is thin but still has quality), st Johnstone and hearts all will probably finish above us as things stand. Getting a top 6 place might be difficult and if we dont show an improvement in spirit and concentration we will be in another dog fight at the bottom.

.Sean.
01-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Aberdeen do have some fine players. Seems as if Reynolds will be back there next year and Hayes, McGinn and Vernon would all probably walk into our forst 11 at this time. Naysmith, Anderson and Rae are exactly the type of experienced heads we could do with. Seem to have a solid 'keeper in Brown aswell and a few young prospects. They'll be fine next season.

SteveHFC
01-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Aberdeen to finish 3rd?

scoopyboy
01-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Aberdeen do have some fine players. Seems as if Reynolds will be back there next year and Hayes, McGinn and Vernon would all probably walk into our forst 11 at this time. Naysmith, Anderson and Rae are exactly the type of experienced heads we could do with. Seem to have a solid 'keeper in Brown aswell and a few young prospects. They'll be fine next season.

Experience is one thing but old gits is something else.

How many games did Aberdeen get out of Anderson after he signed?

007 Mickey Weir
01-08-2012, 04:29 PM

Is this the Aberdeen team that finished bottom 6 and we beat in the semi final that have lost 9 players!! Whats with the Aberdeen love in. The are as bad as us with no training centre and an out of date stadium. Arnason and Fyvie will be huge losses for them. Vernon is there only striker. I think with our youngsters we have a better squad than them. But time will tell.

See movements for both below. All 9 Aberdeen players were first team players. Most of ours were loan deals or fringe players.

ABERDEEN

Players IN (3 players)
1. Jonny Hayes - winger (Inverness CT)
2. Niall McGinn - winger (Celtic)
3. Gary Naismith

Players OUT (9 players)
1. Kari Arnason
2. Rory McArdle
3. Darren Mackie
4. Youl Mawene
5. Mo Chalali
6. Yoann Folly
7. Danny Uchechi
8. Mark Reynolds (loan (http://www.hibs.net/#) end)
9. Fraser Fyvie (Wigan)

HIBERNIAN

Players IN (5 players so far)

1. Tim Clancy - defender (Motherwell)
2. James McPake - defender (Coventry City)
3. Paul Cairney - midfielder (Partick Thistle)
4. Ben Williams - goalkeeper (Colchester United)
5. Leigh Griffiths - forward (Wolves, loan)
(in talks with Maybury, Forsyth and Kerr)

Players OUT(14 players)
1. Graham Stack
2. Matt Doherty (end of Loan)
3. Richie Towell (end of LOAN)
4 James McPake (End of Loan)
5. Francombe (end of LOAN)
6. Ian Murray
7. Sean Welsh (Partick T)
8. Tom Soares (End of loan)
9. Garry O'Connor
10. Lee Griffiths (end of LOAN)
11. Roy O'Donovan (end of LOAN)
12. Martin Scott (LOAN to Ross County)
13. Isaiah Osbourne (Blackpool)
14. Mark Brown

R'Albin
01-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Aberdeen to finish 3rd?

Good one MB :hilarious

.Sean.
01-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Experience is one thing but old gits is something else.

How many games did Aberdeen get out of Anderson after he signed?

:greengrin You ken fine well, J. He was injured! Nane I think.

Rae and Naysmith will skoosh the SPL. Probably says more about the standard of the league than their ability, but they'll do well at Aberdeen. By all accounts Rae was excellent last term.

scoopyboy
01-08-2012, 05:23 PM
:greengrin You ken fine well, J. He was injured! Nane I think.

Rae and Naysmith will skoosh the SPL. Probably says more about the standard of the league than their ability, but they'll do well at Aberdeen. By all accounts Rae was excellent last term.

Sean, not sure if Anderson played or not. Even if he played he wasn't value for money.

Rae has been injury prone all his days so I don't see him being value either.

Naysmith is 34 I think and has been a good pro all his days, however he is now slow.

I don't particularly want Maybury or Kerr but they're experienced and would give us more than Anderson and Rae, at least they get on the park.

muirhousehibby
01-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Do you honestly think he would have signed for longer thus taking his future (and those all important signing on fees) out of his own hands? There is no way on this earth Vaz Te saw the SPL or Hibs in particular as a long term career move. Given the talent he so obviously has a short term loan should have been beneficial to Hibs and the player. Unfortunately he was willing to take the dosh and give very little back in return. That's not the clubs fault.

Spot on, Vaz Te played for us on only a fraction of what he got elsewhere, in order to get himself fit. The deal was never going to go beyond it.

allezsauzee
01-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Is this the Aberdeen team that finished bottom 6 and we beat in the semi final that have lost 9 players!! Whats with the Aberdeen love in. The are as bad as us with no training centre and an out of date stadium. Arnason and Fyvie will be huge losses for them. Vernon is there only striker. I think with our youngsters we have a better squad than them. But time will tell.

See movements for both below. All 9 Aberdeen players were first team players. Most of ours were loan deals or fringe players.

ABERDEEN

Players IN (3 players)
3. Gary Naismith

Players OUT (9 players)
1. Kari Arnason
2. Rory McArdle
3. Darren Mackie
4. Youl Mawene
5. Mo Chalali
6. Yoann Folly
7. Danny Uchechi
9. Fraser Fyvie (Wigan)

HIBERNIAN

Players OUT(14 players)
1. Graham Stack
6. Ian Murray
9. Garry O'Connor
14. Mark Brown

Is Leigh Griffiths a different player from Lee Griffiths? Most of the players Aberdeen have lost are dung whereas they've made decent signings. They lost a couple of decent central midfielders but are well covered there. I think they'll be top half. Not 3rd though. I think the yams Dundee United and Motherwell are fighting out 2nd-4th

J-C
01-08-2012, 06:43 PM

I honestly don't know, but it was just a very short contract, which he has now gone on to prove how good he was. I think I'm really curious as to why we allow these players to slip through our hands, maybe as you say he only wanted it for his fitness, that being the case, let these players get fit elsewhere as we need stability not fly by nights.

basehibby
01-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Where are all the rumours :confused:

I fully expect to see a number of signings made over the next month or so. I'd absolutely LOVE it if we were to make them before the big KO but the reality is likely to be different - Fenlon has a massive rebuilding job on his hands afterall and it was never likely to happen overnight.

I have read that Pat is desperate to bring in more players and rightly so - a big solid striker is a must and the midfield is still a creative dead zone from what I can see - SO DAGNABIT! WHERE ARE ALL THOSE PESKY RUMOURS :cb

Anyone care to summarise?

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-08-2012, 07:12 PM
I honestly don't know, but it was just a very short contract, which he has now gone on to prove how good he was. I think I'm really curious as to why we allow these players to slip through our hands, maybe as you say he only wanted it for his fitness, that being the case, let these players get fit elsewhere as we need stability not fly by nights.

Vaz Te was never ever staying with us in a million, trillion, zillion years. Dredging this up over and over again is bordering on self harming.

007 Mickey Weir
01-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Is Leigh Griffiths a different player from Lee Griffiths? Most of the players Aberdeen have lost are dung whereas they've made decent signings. They lost a couple of decent central midfielders but are well covered there. I think they'll be top half. Not 3rd though. I think the yams Dundee United and Motherwell are fighting out 2nd-4th

Arnason, Fyvie and Reynolds were arguably there best three players!

I think it will all come down to injuries. No-one can afford to get any key players injured as they have no back up. Everyone has very small limited squads this year. Time for the youngsters to shine I hope! This is where we might have an advantage. Crawford and Stanton are quality.

YehButNoBut
01-08-2012, 08:08 PM
A lot of rumours going round that we will be signing Jason Scotland this week.

Would be happy with that if still the same player he was a season or 2 ago.

Hermit Crab
01-08-2012, 08:13 PM

First I've heard of it ;)

SteveHFC
01-08-2012, 08:14 PM

According to FM he hates Hibs :wink:

scoopyboy
01-08-2012, 08:19 PM
According to FM he hates Hibs :wink:

It dates back to when he was refused a work permit when with DU.

The panel that denied it all had Hibs connections.

bingo70
01-08-2012, 08:26 PM

When you say a lot of rumours do you mean you've read it somewhere or been told it by a few folk or that you've read it on facebook/football rumours website?

AlbertK86
01-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Arnason, Fyvie and Reynolds were arguably there best three players!

I think it will all come down to injuries. No-one can afford to get any key players injured as they have no back up. Everyone has very small limited squads this year. Time for the youngsters to shine I hope! This is where we might have an advantage. Crawford and Stanton are quality.

Crawford ?!?!?!?

Thought he left.... So presuming you mean Caldwell

Bostonhibby
01-08-2012, 08:33 PM

Jason Scotland, he's not one of our own, he's not one of our own etc................... to a musical acompaniment.

Would take him though :wink:

PatHead
01-08-2012, 08:38 PM

You have a cheek putting a rumour about a possible Hibs signing on this thread. It is meant to be about Aberdeen being better than us or to criticise our players.:greengrin

Walter
01-08-2012, 08:45 PM
You have a cheek putting a rumour about a possible Hibs signing on this thread. It is meant to be about Aberdeen being better than us or to criticise our players.:greengrin

I really like this.:thumbsup:

Vault Boy
01-08-2012, 08:46 PM

At 33 I think he could still do some real damage in the SPL. He's suited to the game, experienced and powerful, fortunately he is the type of striker that can peak for a longer period as he doesn't necessarily rely on pace to be effective. Would be a very good signing in my opinion and would slot right into a 4-2-3-1, yet, I can't really see it happening.

eastmainsmsh
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Agyemang was this the trialist ?

Hibeesmad
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Jason Scotland was apparently one of the trialists for hibs u'20s yesterday

BarneyK
01-08-2012, 08:56 PM

Not according to the HibsTV highlights.

BarneyK
01-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Jason Scotland was apparently one of the trialists for hibs u'20s yesterday

From the bench?

Hibeesmad
01-08-2012, 09:03 PM
From the bench?

Haven't got a clue m8, just passing on what I've heard.

sadtom
01-08-2012, 09:08 PM

Gawd i hope not. A striker with a career average of slightly bettar than a goal every 6 games! They'd be as well playin me up front.

ruthven_raiders
01-08-2012, 09:10 PM
From the bench?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18736687

Would be surprising giving he's just signed a 1yr contract with Ipswich. But would be amazing if it was true.

yekimevol
01-08-2012, 09:10 PM
did jason scotland not sign a new contract last month ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18736687

The Modfather
01-08-2012, 09:14 PM
If it is to be believed that Jason Scotland was one of the trialists for the U20s the other day,could one of the guys on the working group that meets up with Hibs find out what our scouting "network" actually entails? Sounds like when we need a new player someone fires up Football Manager 06 and has a look through the SPL.

S4uzee
01-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Anyone 'in the know' know if this Jason Scotland rumour is concrete? Strange if he was a trialist as surely you would know what your getting with him!

Hibeesmad
01-08-2012, 10:21 PM
I haven't got a clue who the trialists were yesterday, I think one of them was the nigerian guy and I've been told the other is Scotland but he played in a friendly for Ipswich the other day against Luton and if he hadn't signed a new contract I don't think he would have been playing.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Anyone 'in the know' know if this Jason Scotland rumour is concrete? Strange if he was a trialist as surely you would know what your getting with him!

Bloody doubt it.

Any word or rumours on Lee Miller or Sandaza?

Either would be fine with me

BarneyK
01-08-2012, 10:25 PM
I haven't got a clue who the trialists were yesterday, I think one of them was the nigerian guy and I've been told the other is Scotland but he played in a friendly for Ipswich the other day against Luton and if he hadn't signed a new contract I don't think he would have been playing.

On the match thread, Big Mo said "The trialist who played #9 was called Patrick something" Whilst on HibsTV highlights # 9 is clearly shown as white, so probably not Nigerian, and definitely not Jason Scotland :greengrin

hibIBZ
01-08-2012, 10:55 PM
definetly no first team trialist at the under 20s game yesterday, was there myself, no jason scotland thats for sure

SMAXXA
01-08-2012, 11:12 PM

Another example of this place talking ***** if you ask me. This threads turned into a pile of *****. Ffs keep it for genuine signing rumours and let us fans have at least a little bit excitement without reading through pages of total pish.

muirhousehibby
01-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Another example of this place talking ***** if you ask me. This threads turned into a pile of *****. Ffs keep it for genuine signing rumours and let us fans have at least a little bit excitement without reading through pages of total pish.

FFS i already said who is was playing with the u20, and Jason Scotland Signed a new 1 year deal recently this month in fact.:agree:

IWasThere2016
01-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Jason Scotland is on trial at Hibs :faf: Thanks to whoever came up with that one - brilliant :faf:

DAVE1875
02-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Jason Scotland is on trial at Hibs :faf: Thanks to whoever came up with that one - brilliant :faf:

We'll need whatever they've been drinking to get through this season.

Hibernian88
02-08-2012, 04:39 AM
Vaz Te was never ever staying with us in a million, trillion, zillion years. Dredging this up over and over again is bordering on self harming.
Vaz Te joined Barnsley remember. If we had offered him £7k per week, he would've took it. He has now gone on to be a big success in the Championship, but there was no sign of this before in Scotland or Cyprus. So don't make out if he came here as a wee change of scenery until he rejoined the EPL, because that isn't the case.

J-C
02-08-2012, 05:09 AM
Calm down, I never mentioned Vaz Te, I was replying to the poster who had.

MSK
02-08-2012, 05:44 AM
Another example of this place talking ***** if you ask me. This threads turned into a pile of *****. Ffs keep it for genuine signing rumours and let us fans have at least a little bit excitement without reading through pages of total pish.Think you need to calm down a bit, rumours are just that ..take them or leave them ..not worth getting your knickers in a twist about is it ..? you have been around long enough to know what these threads are like ...:wink:

LancsHibs
02-08-2012, 06:09 AM
Think you need to calm down a bit, rumours are just that ..take them or leave them ..not worth getting your knickers in a twist about is it ..? you have been around long enough to know what these threads are like ...:wink:

:agree:100% agree, would rather read about any signing rumour, no matter how thin the rumour is on 'the Hibs transfer rumours' thread than pages and pages about how much better Aberdeen and other teams are than us, how unfair NewcoRangrs can sign players or how shyit our midfield is (this IS NOT a rumour:wink:). Let's just stick to the Hibs signing rumours!

CRAZYHIBBY
02-08-2012, 07:06 AM
Apparantly St johnstone outbid us to win the signature of vine

Col2
02-08-2012, 07:08 AM
Starting to get a bit peeved about lack of new recruits.

ScottB
02-08-2012, 07:22 AM

So they wanted him more. They got Sheridan 'ahead' of us and I'd say we dodged a bullet there.

Hiber-nation
02-08-2012, 07:29 AM
So they wanted him more. They got Sheridan 'ahead' of us and I'd say we dodged a bullet there.

I'd agree going by some QPR fans forum posts about his lack of fitness and poor attitude. Definitely not what PF is after.

SneakersO'Toole
02-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Starting to get a bit peeved about lack of new recruits.

There is no getting from it, we have had a very uninspiring and frustrating transfer window IMO.

easty
02-08-2012, 07:38 AM
I'd agree going by some QPR fans forum posts about his lack of fitness and poor attitude. Definitely not what PF is after.

He's got a ****ty goal scoring record anyway. One thing I like my strikers to do is actually score!

Future17
02-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Apparently Maybury has been told no and will sign for Dundee.

PeterboroHibee
02-08-2012, 07:54 AM

That would be a bit of a surprise after Fenlon has publicly stated he wanted Maybury. Unless theyve found someone else, Id have thought he would have at least been offered a deal.

BEEJ
02-08-2012, 07:59 AM
That would be a bit of a surprise after Fenlon has publicly stated he wanted Maybury. Unless theyve found someone else, Id have thought he would have at least been offered a deal.
If true, maybe it shows that we're now setting our sights a bit higher with the TV revenue position now being more certain.

AlbertK86
02-08-2012, 08:08 AM
If true, maybe it shows that we're now setting our sights a bit higher with the TV revenue position now being more certain.

Or his wage demands are higher than what we rate him at

IFONLY
02-08-2012, 08:12 AM

Is that just your thoughts or do you have concrete evidence. This will happen every time another SPL side signs someone. There will always a poster telling us that we where outbid.

Edinburgh Green
02-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Is that just your thoughts or do you have concrete evidence. This will happen every time another SPL side signs someone. There will always a poster telling us that we where outbid.

:agree: It's the Hibs.net way.

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 08:19 AM

Nothing new their then , same as last season with Sandaza and Sheridan who scored more against the yams than our whole team together

IFONLY
02-08-2012, 08:23 AM
:agree: It's the Hibs.net way.

There are more "red herrings" on here than in a Murder Mystery when it comes to who we are/were after.

Cocaine&Caviar
02-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Maybury is perhaps an experienced head, and a model pro which would be beneficial for the dressing room, but squad wise he wouldnt really be needed other than a backup RB, in which you cant really justfiy a top wage.

LB: Booth, Kujabi, Hanlon & Smith
RB: Clancy, Wotherspoon?

S4uzee
02-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Calm down, only asked the question as it had been mentioned ffs

SMAXXA
02-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Calm down, only asked the question as it had been mentioned ffs

Apologies mate your right, I did come across as a tube but no offence meant.

Just frustrated at the lack of signings or at least reasonable rumours, like everyone else I'd imagine.

Ggtth

Andy74
02-08-2012, 08:43 AM

Always worth chucking that in anyway eh.

S4uzee
02-08-2012, 08:44 AM

Just frustrated at the lack of signings or at least reasonable rumours, like everyone else I'd imagine.

Ggtth

No problem mate :aok:, me likewise

easty
02-08-2012, 08:49 AM

Did we ask him to take the Megabus up from London, but St johnstone paid for his flights? Petrie!!!:grr:

down-the-slope
02-08-2012, 08:58 AM
There are more "red herrings" on here than in a Murder Mystery when it comes to who we are/were after.

More than Stonehaven Fish Market

Ggtth

well just make a few up then..the clue is in the title...other wise it would be the 'Signing for definite fact ENDOF' thread

Steve-O
02-08-2012, 09:00 AM

Dundee are probably paying more...

Paisley Hibby
02-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Maybury is perhaps an experienced head, and a model pro which would be beneficial for the dressing room, but squad wise he wouldnt really be needed other than a backup RB, in which you cant really justfiy a top wage.

LB: Booth, Kujabi, Hanlon & Smith
RB: Clancy, Wotherspoon?

I would have signed Maybury for that reason alone. Also, in the game I saw him play for us he looked like exactly what we need at full back ie somebody who actually knows what they need to do in that position and are comfortable doing it. I just hope we are aiming higher. However, I have an awful feeling that the other SPL clubs are now back in the game financially and so it's going to be same old same old for us when it comes to signing players. Do we NEVER learn?

scoopyboy
02-08-2012, 09:28 AM

boring

CRAZYHIBBY
02-08-2012, 09:30 AM

Came from the horses mouth.....my cousin is a saints fan and he was getting his autograph and started talking about what teams he knows in the spl

Part/Time Supporter
02-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Came from the horses mouth.....my cousin is a saints fan and he was getting his autograph and started talking about what teams he knows in the spl

It was reported on Radio Tay yest morning that new Huns tried to sign Vine. I guess that some clubs probably put a call into his agent after he scored a couple of goals in a friendly against Bristol City on Saturday, but he had already committed to sign for Saints.

IFONLY
02-08-2012, 09:38 AM

Sorry no , your cousin told you , thats not the horses mouth

Aubenas
02-08-2012, 09:39 AM
We should remember that 'outbid' often means 'paid more than we were prepared to pay' rather than a factual statement 'they pay their players more than we do'. If PF is working within an overall budget, presumably each player he goes for is worth, to him, a certain percentage of the overall budget, depending on how much we need him & how much he'll bring to the squad.

Paisley Hibby
02-08-2012, 09:48 AM
From yesterday's BBC football rumours

"Rangers have offered a contract to Craig Beattie but the former Celtic striker is weighing up a more lucrative offer from Notts County. (Daily Express) "

I recognise that there might be things that apply specifically to individual players and how much clubs want them. However, in general terms, if the Maybury and Vine stories are true, we are being outbid by other SPL clubs. They in turn are being outbid by New Huns. New Huns are being outbid by English League 1 sides. So what does that say about the kind of money/contracts we are offering?

Kaiser1962
02-08-2012, 09:49 AM

They do have a recent history of excellent financial management

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 10:10 AM
boring

Why Motherwell , StJohnstone , Aberdeen , Hearts , Dunfermline and StMirren have all out bid us in the past

Lucius Apuleius
02-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Why Motherwell , StJohnstone , Aberdeen , Hearts , Dunfermline and StMirren have all out bid us in the past

For whom?

Heisenberg
02-08-2012, 10:21 AM
If Maybury goes to Dundee I'd imagine it would be to do with him getting a regular starting place? As they surely cant offer more money than us!

hibeequinn
02-08-2012, 10:26 AM
According to bbc gossip website dundee and st johnstone are in a tug of war for the signing of forsyth never mentioned a thing about hibs :(

Jim44
02-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Despite the maxim, 'cash is king' , I'm not convinced that all this 'outbidding' is money ridden. I think these guys obviously look at the cash comparisons but, unless there is a significant difference, they look at the football quality and prospects of the teams and act accordingly. Unfortunately, II think it speaks volumes for our present reputation.

Diclonius
02-08-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm sure the club will have some ready made excuses for this scenario.

Seriously, how ****ing embarassing is it to be outbid by teams with a lower budget than us? The "we don't have funds" rule does not apply when teams like St Johnstone, Aberdeen and potentially Dundee are spending money we don't claim to have and finishing above us. Change the record Hibs.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Sorry no , your cousin told you , thats not the horses mouth

You havent seen my cousin.......looks like an ugly mr ed

Leishy1995
02-08-2012, 10:41 AM
We didn't want to increase our offer to match a player who's career is winding downs demands. Calm down about being outbid. Let's see who we target from now on.

Hamish
02-08-2012, 11:08 AM
As this is a rumours thread I just had a look at Pravda aka Football Rumours. Easy seen its the school holidays. Names currently being spraffed about -

Kevin Kyle - ''will sign Friday''
Steven Thompson - ''will sign' 'St Mirren can't afford the last year of his contract'
David Van Zanten and Alan Combe
Stefan Mairhofer - Austrian internationalist

along with Maybury and Kerr there is a long conversation about whether Jason Scotland played as a triaist at Selkirk:greengrin

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 11:21 AM
For whom?

Motherwell , Hamell , StJohnstone , Sandaza and Sheridan , Aberdeen Hayes and Kane , Hearts , where do i start , Dunfermline , Brewster and Crawford , StMirren Thompson and Goodwin

Heisenberg
02-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Motherwell , Hamell , StJohnstone , Sandaza and Sheridan , Aberdeen Hayes and Kane , Hearts , where do i start , Dunfermline , Brewster and Crawford , StMirren Thompson and Goodwin

There is four players on that list which signed for the clubs due to other reasons. Hammell is a Motherwell man, same for Thompson and St Mirren. Goodwin signed on for saints again as he is the club captain and gets on extremely well with Danny Lennon, who he wanted to stay with and not turn his back on. Hayes went to Aberdeen due to his girlfriend.

Fergus52
02-08-2012, 11:28 AM
are people seriously getting stressed out because st johnstone are willing to offer an unfit striker with a poor goalscoring record at championship and league 1, more money than we are?

And do people honestly think that motherwell, dunfermline, aberdeen, st mirren, st johnstone have higher player budgets than us? do you think any of them could have afforded miller or stokes? or even GoC for that matter?

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=M17;3310975]There is four players on that list which signed for the clubs due to other reasons. Hammell is a Motherwell man, same for Thompson and St Mirren. Goodwin signed on for saints again as he is the club captain and gets on extremely well with Danny Lennon, who he wanted to stay with and not turn his back on. Hayes went to Aberdeen due to his girlfriend.[/QUOTE . Seems like all their minds were made up before they ALL waisted Hibs their agent and their own time and money talking . We were out bidded for all these players , fact

Lucius Apuleius
02-08-2012, 11:43 AM

Start wherever you like, how many of these players did we actually bid for?

Lucius Apuleius
02-08-2012, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=M17;3310975]There is four players on that list which signed for the clubs due to other reasons. Hammell is a Motherwell man, same for Thompson and St Mirren. Goodwin signed on for saints again as he is the club captain and gets on extremely well with Danny Lennon, who he wanted to stay with and not turn his back on. Hayes went to Aberdeen due to his girlfriend.[/QUOTE . Seems like all their minds were made up before they ALL waisted Hibs their agent and their own time and money talking . We were out bidded for all these players , fact

Ah, I am so sorry, I never saw that bit. OK then, I bow to your superior inside knowledge and apologise unreservedly. Having said that I think the rules are that is has to be FACT!!! before it actually counts.

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Start wherever you like, how many of these players did we actually bid for?

Hibs spoke to all these players , they went elsewhere for more money

Heisenberg
02-08-2012, 11:48 AM
QUOTE . Seems like all their minds were made up before they ALL waisted Hibs their agent and their own time and money talking . We were out bidded for all these players , fact[/QUOTE]

Also, I dont think we were even interested in Sandaza when he signed for saints. The four players I mentioned all signed for the clubs for other reasons outside money, therefore we werent out bidded. We were able to blow Well out the water when we signed Clancy, surely we would've been able to do the same with Hammell?

Dinkydoo
02-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Spoke to all these players , they went elsewhere for more money

Hmmmmm.

Aldo
02-08-2012, 11:58 AM
At the end of the day we are being linked with every player out of contract. Lazy journalism or whatever you want to call it. Just cos other teams have signed players doesn't mean we've been in for them.

However I am really hoping we announce something (not expecting anything) before Sunday which will give us all a wee boost.

Remember not many folk knew bout Williams and there were apparent doubt bout McPake. I am sure PF and LOB are doing their upmost to get the Right players in.

FitbaFolkKen
02-08-2012, 12:00 PM
QUOTE . Seems like all their minds were made up before they ALL waisted Hibs their agent and their own time and money talking . We were out bidded for all these players , fact

Also, I dont think we were even interested in Sandaza when he signed for saints. The four players I mentioned all signed for the clubs for other reasons outside money, therefore we werent out bidded. We were able to blow Well out the water when we signed Clancy, surely we would've been able to do the same with Hammell?

Don't go telling folk we offered higher wages than another SPL team for a player we wanted, how would that suit the agenda!

This outbid stuff is nonsense, yes money is a factor but like any business you decide on the players merits as to what they are worth. If another team sees a player as an integral part of their season then they might well offer more. Maybury would be first pick at Dens I imagine, while he might have been told he isn't guaranteed a first team berth with us.

How would folk feel if we didn't get Maybury but Mark Wilson was the target?

Lucius Apuleius
02-08-2012, 12:03 PM

:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:aok:

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 12:04 PM
QUOTE . Seems like all their minds were made up before they ALL waisted Hibs their agent and their own time and money talking . We were out bidded for all these players , fact

Also, I dont think we were even interested in Sandaza when he signed for saints. The four players I mentioned all signed for the clubs for other reasons outside money, therefore we werent out bidded. We were able to blow Well out the water when we signed Clancy, surely we would've been able to do the same with Hammell?[/QUOTE]

Sandaza and Sheridan were done deals stjohnstone offered Sandaza £500 a week more and Sheridan £200 a week more . As for footballers going elsewhere for anything other than money Deano and Black must get on well with Mcoist eh

SMAXXA
02-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Don't go telling folk we offered higher wages than another SPL team for a player we wanted, how would that suit the agenda!

This outbid stuff is nonsense, yes money is a factor but like any business you decide on the players merits as to what they are worth. If another team sees a player as an integral part of their season then they might well offer more. Maybury would be first pick at Dens I imagine, while he might have been told he isn't guaranteed a first team berth with us.

I would prefer Wilson

Aldo
02-08-2012, 12:13 PM

Wilson would be an outstanding addition IMHO however are you answering a question with a question or do you or gave you heard something??

Leeson
02-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Sandaza and Sheridan were done deals stjohnstone offered Sandaza £500 a week more and Sheridan £200 a week more . As for footballers going elsewhere for anything other than money Deano and Black must get on well with Mcoist eh
That is all nonsense. Sandaza was up in court a few months ago (drink driving) and his salary was revealed as £1,000 p/w. Really to believe Hibs only offered him £500? Really? No other SPL clubs were interested in him last summer. Torquay were in England though.

Sheridan WANTED to go to St Johnstone and gave up a percentage of this wage as Sofia to seal that deal. Hibs would have been paying him/Sofia more but he wanted to go back to St Johnstone where he liked it and his friend Jody Morris was. That came from Derek McInnes at a St Johnstone fans meeting at the Barrosa Street club in Perth.

goosefat
02-08-2012, 12:25 PM
are people seriously getting stressed out because st johnstone are willing to offer an unfit striker with a poor goalscoring record at championship and league 1, more money than we are?

And do people honestly think that motherwell, dunfermline, aberdeen, st mirren, st johnstone have higher player budgets than us? do you think any of them could have afforded miller or stokes? or even GoC for that matter?

Agreed.

I don’t think we should fall into the trap of thinking, just because a particular player may have been offered more money from another club than we were willing to offer, that we somehow shot ourselves in the foot.

It's beyond doubt that we have a bigger budget than the clubs listed above and part (but not all) of the reason for this is that we, as a club, don't go spraying money up against the toilet wall on contracts. It is true however that we might not have always picked the best players to spend that money on but, like it or loath it, we only pay what we think they are worth. Of course, there is also the added factor of the managers judgement on who to pass on and who to try and sign but, so far this season at least, I personally have not really seen any players that may have slipped through the net that I would have been overly fussed about either way – and a lot of this “who did we miss out on?” and “who out-bid us?”, etc. is just rumour anyway.

Heisenberg
02-08-2012, 12:27 PM

Right, so basically I've to believe that you personally spoke to these players who revealed both their weekly wage and how much more it was than what Hibs offered? Dont think I'll be alone in taking it with a massive heap of salt. Out of the players you mentioned, the four I spoke about did move to these clubs for other reasons. Black and Shiels of course moved for the money, but you werent talking about them at first were you?

andrew70
02-08-2012, 12:28 PM

Mark Wilson would be a cracking signing however he's been on trial with Bristol City this past week on their tour of Scotland.

Gmack7
02-08-2012, 12:28 PM
all the best FACTUAL rumours must be on the pm board

FitbaFolkKen
02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Wilson would be an outstanding addition IMHO however are you answering a question with a question or do you or gave you heard something??

I had heard it from a Hoop last week, apparently the reason we were stalling is because we had a preferred choice. Now whether he was saying that to watch me get excited by someone they released on a free for a laugh, I don't know. But he did seem convinced that we were just stringing Maybury along.

I hope he is right as I think he would be an excellent addition.(this is when someonme comes along and says "he's signed for Fleetwood Town or something!"

Leeson
02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Rowan Vine in his interview when signing for St Johnstone said he'd been training on his own all summer just waiting for a call from a club willing to give him a chance. St Johnstone did that last week when they invited him up to train.

Not sure why fans are so eager for these stories that reflect badly on Hibs. It seems pretty clear if the club did show any interest, it was after he scored two goals on Saturday and by that time he had probably made up his mind to sign for Saints. He certainly hinted at that when the Rangers interest was mentioned. He said he had been made to feel welcome in Perth and wasn't going to tout himself about. If Hibs did contact his agent, I bet Vine never even spoke to the club, so how did he turn Hibs down?

Negative for the sake of being negative some posters.

RoxburghHibs
02-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Wilson is the sort of signing I'd like to see us making - although wouldn't mind Maybury as a squad player.

Has Craig Beattie signed for The Rangers FC - as he is another player who I'd take in a flash.

Future17
02-08-2012, 01:05 PM
I had heard it from a Hoop last week, apparently the reason we were stalling is because we had a preferred choice. Now whether he was saying that to watch me get excited by someone they released on a free for a laugh, I don't know. But he did seem convinced that we were just stringing Maybury along.

I hope he is right as I think he would be an excellent addition.(this is when someonme comes along and says "he's signed for Fleetwood Town or something!"

Never was a truer word spoken...:wink:

Kato
02-08-2012, 01:11 PM

Potential "Trumpet of The Week Award" stuff here.

mjhibby
02-08-2012, 01:12 PM

ABERDEEN

Players IN (3 players)
3. Gary Naismith

Players OUT (9 players)
1. Kari Arnason
2. Rory McArdle
3. Darren Mackie
4. Youl Mawene
5. Mo Chalali
6. Yoann Folly
7. Danny Uchechi
9. Fraser Fyvie (Wigan)

HIBERNIAN

Players OUT(14 players)
1. Graham Stack
6. Ian Murray
9. Garry O'Connor
14. Mark Brown

I think those 2 lists show how desperately poor scottish football is at the moment.Aberdeen have lost 9 players 5 of whom were first picks and replaced them with 3 players of whom only mcginn and hayes will probably make their mark.We have lost 12(i dont include scott or welsh as they didnt make the team at all) and have replaced them with 4 good signings and cairney who we will have to see how he develops.So we have a net loss of 7 players and aberdeen 6.Beats me why anybody is tipping the dons to do well as they were as bad as us last season.The only reason hibs or aberdeen will do well is if other teams have gone backwards which in hertz and wells case they have.i doubt though they have gone backwards enough to see us finishing near them never mind above them.
Im not usually a we are doomed merchant but unless we sign at least 3 seasoned pros very soon then we will struggle to get near 6th.The loss of those players must have drastically reduced the wage bill and surely we can sign at least 3 decent players.If not all the chairmans pleas(which is happening at every club) will be a waste of time and we will all be moaning our heads of at the team.I hope im wrong and we get off to a flier but cant see that happening.Can anybody see us flying at the start.

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 01:15 PM

Explain

yekimevol
02-08-2012, 01:15 PM
what happened to the four signings this week !!!!!!!

not that im impatient or anything.

scoopyboy
02-08-2012, 01:16 PM

Probably "Trumpet of the Month" and it's only the 2nd with a reasonable chance of "Trumpet of the Season" and it's only August.

Lucius Apuleius
02-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Probably "Trumpet of the Month" and it's only the 2nd with a reasonable chance of "Trumpet of the Season" and it's only August.

I think there is possibility of Trumpet of the Decade coming too. At least a very good nomination.

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 01:25 PM
That is all nonsense. Sandaza was up in court a few months ago (drink driving) and his salary was revealed as £1,000 p/w. Really to believe Hibs only offered him £500? Really? No other SPL clubs were interested in him last summer. Torquay were in England though.

Sheridan WANTED to go to St Johnstone and gave up a percentage of this wage as Sofia to seal that deal. Hibs would have been paying him/Sofia more but he wanted to go back to St Johnstone where he liked it and his friend Jody Morris was. That came from Derek McInnes at a St Johnstone fans meeting at the Barrosa Street club in Perth.

Hmmm i was at court 2 weeks ago and told them i was on £200 per week . Do you honestly think he was on £1000 a week ? So Sheridan just fancied playing against East Fife cause he never had anything better to do that day knowing all the time he wanted to go to saints .:rolleyes:

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 01:28 PM

Explain then

scoopyboy
02-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Hmmm i was at court 2 weeks ago and told them i was on £200 per week . Do you honestly think he was on £1000 a week ? So Sheridan just fancied playing against East Fife cause he never had anything better to do that day knowing all the time he wanted to go to saints .:rolleyes:

You do realise that the court can request from your employers evidence of your salary or ask to see your most recent wage slips?

FACT - been there.

SteveHFC
02-08-2012, 01:33 PM

Unbelievable. We are losing out to ****ing dundee on player!. Same old *****

scoopyboy
02-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Explain then

OK, I don't believe you spoke to all the players you claim and furthermore they all willingly gave you their salaries and what they were offered from elsewhere.

I know a couple of the players you mentioned and it's simply not their style.

However Scoopyboy is a reasonable man and if you PM me with your name I will find out if you did or not.

If you have I will come back on here and apologise.

Of course you can always tell us up front right now.

R'Albin
02-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Unbelievable. We are losing out to ****ing dundee on player!. Same old *****

"Apparently Maybury has been told no" :confused:

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 01:37 PM
OK, I don't believe you spoke to all the players you claim and furthermore they all willingly gave you their salaries and what they were offered from elsewhere.

I know a couple of the players you mentioned and it's simply not their style.

However Scoopyboy is a reasonable man and if you PM me with your name I will find out if you did or not.

If you have I will come back on here and apologise.

Of course you can always tell us up front right now.

Firstly please refrain from treating me like a dafty . Secondly i said Hibs spoke to these players and not me

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 01:39 PM
You do realise that the court can request from your employers evidence of your salary or ask to see your most recent wage slips?

FACT - been there.

Yes of course but dont you think that will be his net pay

Kato
02-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Explain

It's plain

scoopyboy
02-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Firstly please refrain from treating me like a dafty . Secondly i said Hibs spoke to these players and not me

First point, I think you are a dafty.

Second point you never said Hibs spoke to these players, if you check back your post it said "spoke to these players".

scoopyboy
02-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Yes of course but dont you think that will be his net pay

Yes, I would agree that the net wage would be quoted.

I was more meaning it would have been a dangerous game to tell the court lies regarding income.

Andy74
02-08-2012, 01:47 PM

Hibs were not outbid on Sheridan.

Hibs walked away from the deal due to payments requested by one of the parties in the negotiations.

FACT!!

Kaiser_Sauzee
02-08-2012, 01:48 PM
*pours another whisky*

:greengrin

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 01:54 PM
First point, I think you are a dafty.

Second point you never said Hibs spoke to these players, if you check back your post it said "spoke to these players".

Your right ive sorted it and i am so sorry , but to call me a dafty when you dont even know me is a bit much no ?

cabbageandribs1875
02-08-2012, 01:55 PM
gets popcorn out

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 01:57 PM

Hibs walked away from the deal due to payments requested by one of the parties in the negotiations.

FACT!!

Fine you believe that then

Kato
02-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Your right ive sorted it and i am so sorry , but to call me a dafty when you dont even know me is a bit much no ?

...and a trumpet, get it right.

A dafty and a trumpet.

I don't think it's anything to do with who you are but it's everything to do with what you are saying.

Kato
02-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Fine you believe that then

Argumentative trumpet.

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Argumentative trumpet.

:greengrin

HNA12
02-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Please cut out the personal stuff, thanks.

horseflesh
02-08-2012, 02:42 PM

no

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 02:52 PM
no

:aok:

J-C
02-08-2012, 02:55 PM

FACT!!

Was his parent club not wanting certain payments made outwith his salary ??

JohnStephens91
02-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Back to the topic at hand, Fenlon wanted 4 new players in by the end of the week. Does anyone have any idea who they are? I've seen Forsyth being mentioned?

Billy Whizz
02-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Back to the topic at hand, Fenlon wanted 4 new players in by the end of the week. Does anyone have any idea who they are? I've seen Forsyth being mentioned?

Where did you read that?

JohnStephens91
02-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Where did you read that?

I've only seen people talking about it on .net, I was just wondering if there were any other potential names to add and if anyone actually has any inside info

shadyhibs
02-08-2012, 03:33 PM
signing for dundee

Hermit Crab
02-08-2012, 03:33 PM
I think we'll struggle to get anywhere near 4 signings by the end of the window!! 😉

JohnStephens91
02-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Source?

R'Albin
02-08-2012, 03:37 PM
This should be fun :greengrin

shadyhibs
02-08-2012, 03:38 PM
sorry cant divulge source but take it as fact!

easty
02-08-2012, 03:38 PM
FFS Hibs....why are these teams always able to outbid us for players.

He could have played the Matty Jack role!

He wasn't Hibs-Class anyway.

We're going to get relegated.

Fenlon has to go.

Take your pick. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
02-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Source?

Do I need a source for my own opinion??

Diclonius
02-08-2012, 03:39 PM
New season, new kit, new team, same old Hibs.

SteveHFC
02-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Embarrasing Hibs :greengrin

JohnStephens91
02-08-2012, 03:40 PM

Sorry I just struggle to believe anything unless I see a source or unless the person has a reputation for having good sources.

scoopyboy
02-08-2012, 03:42 PM

I will.

Do you know if Hibs actually made an offer?

Reason I ask is it will maybe stop people saying Dundee pay bigger wages than us.

Hermit Crab
02-08-2012, 03:43 PM

You can't seriously expect folk to take it as fact when you post up he's signing for Dundee without any back up to prove it, if he does then it's meh from me.

S4uzee
02-08-2012, 03:46 PM
signing for dundee
Could mean that fenlon has a better target and maybury would be signed if other targets were not avaiable etc. as surely if fenlon desperately wanted him he would have been signed weeks ago

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2012, 03:47 PM

He played in a number of our pre-season games and looked OK. Doubt it would be money related, but I will believe it when I see it, that he has signed for Dundee. I will wait as I don't think we would go to the trouble of taking him on tour, and not offering him something, unless we have someone better lined up.....

Hermit Crab
02-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Could mean that fenlon has a better target and maybury would be signed if other targets were not avaiable etc. as surely if fenlon desperately wanted him he would have been signed weeks ago

Or it could mean if we offered him anything it was a pash deal and Dundee offered better.

Hermit Crab
02-08-2012, 03:49 PM
He played in a number of our pre-season games and looked OK. Doubt it would be money related, but I will believe it when I see it, that he has signed for Dundee. I will wait as I don't think we would go to the trouble of taking him on tour, and not offering him something, unless we have someone better lined up.....

Chance would be a fine thing......B