PDA

View Full Version : Stack - out again

PaulSmith
04-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Injured again as per gadgy from Express

Mikey
04-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Looks like Brown will get his chance then. I hope they've been working on his kicking!

leithsansiro
04-01-2012, 09:27 PM
It's his troublesome back. Apparently he's pulled muscles from repeatedly turning round and bending over to pick the ball out of his net. :wink:

Decent keeper, but too injury prone. I reckon he needs commanding centrebacks who'll dominate the area to really be at his best. We don't have those, so he's not. That said, good penalty save against the Yams.

R'Albin
04-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Any idea how long? Last thing we needed :rolleyes: Good job we have decent back-up in Brown, although as stated above I do hope he's been practising his kicking!

mca
04-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Who was the other Yams keeper that left recently ?? super mario kello hasny gone - yet !!

guy at my work reckoned this other guy might have turned out to be a decent keeper...

apparently he just ripped up his contract and went home recently.. ??

anyone ??

Sir David Gray
04-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Who was the other Yams keeper that left recently ?? super mario kello hasny gone - yet !!

guy at my work reckoned this other guy might have turned out to be a decent keeper...

apparently he just ripped up his contract and went home recently.. ??

anyone ??

Janos Balogh.

mca
04-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Janos Balogh.

Thanks Bud..... thats the one - my pal called him ballop !!!! but praised him as a half decent keeper !!!

cany really remember him - was he ony good ???

anyone..

Sir David Gray
04-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks Bud..... thats the one - my pal called him ballop !!!! but praised him as a half decent keeper !!!

cany really remember him - was he ony good ???

anyone..

Thought he was decent, not as good as Kello though.

mca
04-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Thought he was decent, not as good as Kello though.

Think kello was maybe his leaving for reason and not getting games !! but i wasny sure if he was a number 2 or 3 keeper !! ( il await the number 2 jokes !! )

my pal reckoned it was a shame a keeper like that was allowed to tear up his contract and just leave fearts and scotland and keeps saying how he would have ended up at weegies or something had he had more games .........

Sir David Gray
04-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Think kello was maybe his leaving for reason and not getting games !! but i wasny sure if he was a number 2 or 3 keeper !! ( il await the number 2 jokes !! )

my pal reckoned it was a shame a keeper like that was allowed to tear up his contract and just leave fearts and scotland and keeps saying how he would have ended up at weegies or something had he had more games .........

He was number 3 near the end of his time at Hearts as they tended to use Jamie MacDonald as back up.

down-the-slope
04-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Maybe he should have stayed at ER and had physio rather than straight to pub near the ground after the defeat:rolleyes:

johnbc70
04-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Maybe he should have stayed at ER and had physio rather than straight to pub near the ground after the defeat:rolleyes:

Did he light up a cigarette as he left ER, like he did last time?

IberianHibernian
04-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Must be a fair chance Fenlon would have given Brown a chance in cup game anyway . Was Stack`s court appearance not about now too ? Hopefully injury won`t be serious since he`s been one of very few who`s done ok this season . With Stack and Brown ( both good Hughes signings ) we`ve got better goalies than we`ve had for at least 10 years - pity about the rest of the team . Always a bit surprised that Stack`s name is not mentioned when Ireland look for 3rd goalie - if he was playing in England or we were as good as we were when Colgan was making Irish squad I`m sure he would be .

stoneyburn hibs
04-01-2012, 10:21 PM

Pretty gutting he is out as he played a blinder on monday, mom for hibs i thought

Elephant Stone
04-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Not good news, the team needs all the leadership it can get at the moment. I don't think there's much difference in ability between him and Brown though as long as Brown has worked on his kicking- hopefully he has.

BEEJ
04-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Hope its not for long. I wonder which keeper we'll have on the bench then with Antell at East Stirling for the rest of the season?

Ian Murray also out for a while - reported as having gone in for an operation this week.

Bayern Bru
04-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Hope its not for long. I wonder which keeper we'll have on the bench then with Antell at East Stirling for the rest of the season?

Paul Grant, U19 keeper. I doubt they'd recall Antell - he might also be cuptied.

BEEJ
04-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Paul Grant, U19 keeper. I doubt they'd recall Antell - he might also be cuptied.
Yeah, agreed. It will be Grant. :aok:

Sergey
04-01-2012, 11:19 PM
This dolt should have been punted yonk's ago. Injury prone buffoon that epitomises everything that is wrong with our club structure.

Horse him back to never-never land!

IberianHibernian
04-01-2012, 11:36 PM
This dolt should have been punted yonk's ago. Injury prone buffoon that epitomises everything that is wrong with our club structure.

Horse him back to never-never land!Statistically is there anything to suggest he`s more injury-prone than other goalies or is this just a myth that has been repeated here in last year or so ? He has changed clubs a few times ( though probably no more than our other goalies in last decade ) and had a few off field problems when younger but seems to look fit when playing for us and about only player in current squad who looks really motivated at all times . Can think of about 20 players I`d want to leave us before him .

AlbertK86
04-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Must be a fair chance Fenlon would have given Brown a chance in cup game anyway . Was Stack`s court appearance not about now too ? Hopefully injury won`t be serious since he`s been one of very few who`s done ok this season . With Stack and Brown ( both good Hughes signings ) we`ve got better goalies than we`ve had for at least 10 years - pity about the rest of the team . Always a bit surprised that Stack`s name is not mentioned when Ireland look for 3rd goalie - if he was playing in England or we were as good as we were when Colgan was making Irish squad I`m sure he would be .

You must be havin a laugh

Bishop Hibee
04-01-2012, 11:59 PM

Horse him back to never-never land!

Harsh. He's an average SPL keeper which is more than we've had in the recent past with duffers like McNeil, Zibi and Maka. I'd agree he's too injury prone to be given a new contract but we need someone better than Mark Brown in the summer.

PatHead
05-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Harsh. He's an average SPL keeper which is more than we've had in the recent past with duffers like McNeil, Zibi and Maka. I'd agree he's too injury prone to be given a new contract but we need someone better than Mark Brown in the summer.

We need a keeper better than Mark Brown now, not in the summer.

Cropley10
05-01-2012, 05:02 PM
He's done well fooling a lot of numpties into thinking he's good enough. He's worked at shouting a lot because that makes him a commanding goalie....Then of course he cuts his sleeves off cos that makes him hard! Then he hides on his line like a frightened rabbit when crosses come in. The guy's a coward and useless with it. Can't stand the sight of him!

Who would you replace him with then?

marinello59
05-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Statistically is there anything to suggest he`s more injury-prone than other goalies or is this just a myth that has been repeated here in last year or so ? He has changed clubs a few times ( though probably no more than our other goalies in last decade ) and had a few off field problems when younger but seems to look fit when playing for us and about only player in current squad who looks really motivated at all times . Can think of about 20 players I`d want to leave us before him .

First time he has missed training this season apparently. A slight calf strain, something any player will pick up occasionally.

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2012, 05:10 PM

Let me have a stab in the dark guess, Maka? :greengrin

Pretty Boy
05-01-2012, 05:11 PM

I think we all know the answer to that where that particular poster is concerned.

Tich
05-01-2012, 05:12 PM

As the owner of the Harp and Castle i feel with this comment you make it sound as if Graham was going straight out for a bevy rather than stay on at easter road when in fact he came down to the Harp and Castle because his wife and dad where there as guests of his financial advisor (who is also a good friend of mine )as hibs do not put anything on for friends and family,When he came in he had one can of juice, got a couple of photos taken with some kids spoke to the company for about 15 mins then left, thats all!, if Hibs were any good at at PR am sure he would have stayed there.

Cropley10
05-01-2012, 05:15 PM
I think we all know the answer to that where that particular poster is concerned.

Many things might happen at ER in the next wee while, but Maka coming back isn't one of them!!

I'm genuinely interested as to who could - realistically - replace Stack (whose contract's up at the end of the season IIRC).

marinello59
05-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Let me have a stab in the dark guess, Maka? :greengrin

Doubt it. A Regulator is strangely questioning Stack's bottle. Maka, sadly, had serious frailities in that departnment. Lovely guy but unable to handle anything thrown at him from the opposition support.

Pretty Boy
05-01-2012, 05:17 PM

Stack has cleared this up on his Facebook.

His family were up from London and had went to a pub. He had physio for 45 mins before being presented with the sponsors man of the match. He had a few photos taken with the mascots, went to pick his wife.and dad up in his car, went into.the pub and had a coke whilst his old man finished a pint. Hardly crime of the century!!

JimBHibees
05-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Doubt it. A Regulator is strangely questioning Stack's bottle. Maka, sadly, had serious frailities in that departnment. Lovely guy but unable to handle anything thrown at him from the opposition support.

Yep can remember one derby when he appeared to 'pull' a hamstring just before half time so he didnt need to go down the Dunbar end.

Pretty Boy
05-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Many things might happen at ER in the next wee while, but Maka coming back isn't one of them!!

I'm genuinely interested as to who could - realistically - replace Stack (whose contract's up at the end of the season IIRC).

The only 2 candidates.I could Think of would be one of Celtics back up keepers, Zaluska or Cervi. Whether any of them are better than Stack or would be interested in a move to Hibs is anyone's guess.

hibbysam
05-01-2012, 05:21 PM
From Stacky's Facebook page..

"Not the best week so far! Lost Monday and have a slight calf strain keeping me out for a few more days (not my back as some people have suggested) first days of training i've missed this season! I know there's a few people desperate to get back on the injury band wagon! I've worked hard to maintain a high level of fitness and will continue to do so. I would also like to clear up the fact i was in a pub after the game. Guilty! i must apologise (NOT) i was lucky enough to have my Dad up over New Year from London to watch the Derby who attended the game with my Wife and Family friend and their Son, After receiving physio after the game for 45 mins i was lucky enough to be presented with the sponsors Man of The Match upstairs, i then spent 10 minutes meeting the Mascots having pictures taken and signing autographs. By which stage my Dad and Wife decided to walk to the pub in Leith. As neither were driving i felt it made sense to pick them up on the way home, after speaking to my Wife en route she said there were a couple of young lads that would like a picture so said to her i would pop in and meet them for 5 minutes, while in there i was offered a drink by the Owner and accepted a Coke. Waited for my Dad to finish his pint and wife to finish her wine then went home. You read and hear a lot of rubbish about certain players and myself included, i felt i needed to answer these by explaining myself as don't want people believing events that sound worse than what they really are, i'm not explaining myself every time a lie or an inaccurate account is publicized as id have no life unlike the people who sit at home making them up... Thanks for the messages! Im off down the pub ;o) x"

I actually feel sorry for the guy.. having been immense on Monday night, feeling the need to actually go out of his way to defend himself going out with family he doesn't see at all anymore after the game.. Shock horror a football player picks up a slight knock, as if no one had heard of the likes before..

Cropley10
05-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Yep can remember one derby when he appeared to 'pull' a hamstring just before half time so he didnt need to go down the Dunbar end.

And Yogi called him a coward IIRC.

Maka certainly did let his nerves get the better of him, much to do with his age I guess. Not sure how you coach that out of him.

Aldo
05-01-2012, 05:26 PM
The only 2 candidates.I could Think of would be one of Celtics back up keepers, Zaluska or Cervi. Whether any of them are better than Stack or would be interested in a move to Hibs is anyone's guess.

Wot bout the boy Murphy at QPR, does he not want out.

Or Cerny at Accies.

Mikey
05-01-2012, 05:32 PM
From Stacky's Facebook page..

"Not the best week so far! Lost Monday and have a slight calf strain keeping me out for a few more days (not my back as some people have suggested) first days of training i've missed this season! I know there's a few people desperate to get back on the injury band wagon! I've worked hard to maintain a high level of fitness and will continue to do so. I would also like to clear up the fact i was in a pub after the game. Guilty! i must apologise (NOT) i was lucky enough to have my Dad up over New Year from London to watch the Derby who attended the game with my Wife and Family friend and their Son, After receiving physio after the game for 45 mins i was lucky enough to be presented with the sponsors Man of The Match upstairs, i then spent 10 minutes meeting the Mascots having pictures taken and signing autographs. By which stage my Dad and Wife decided to walk to the pub in Leith. As neither were driving i felt it made sense to pick them up on the way home, after speaking to my Wife en route she said there were a couple of young lads that would like a picture so said to her i would pop in and meet them for 5 minutes, while in there i was offered a drink by the Owner and accepted a Coke. Waited for my Dad to finish his pint and wife to finish her wine then went home. You read and hear a lot of rubbish about certain players and myself included, i felt i needed to answer these by explaining myself as don't want people believing events that sound worse than what they really are, i'm not explaining myself every time a lie or an inaccurate account is publicized as id have no life unlike the people who sit at home making them up... Thanks for the messages! Im off down the pub ;o) x"

I actually feel sorry for the guy.. having been immense on Monday night, feeling the need to actually go out of his way to defend himself going out with family he doesn't see at all anymore after the game.. Shock horror a football player picks up a slight knock, as if no one had heard of the likes before..

The most disappointing thing in all this is that he has to waste his time refuting things like that. Maybe he'll get the benefit of the doubt next time.

soupy
05-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Yip totally agree with stacky, wasn't in long at all, and he got his photy taken wi my 40 year old mate, so it wasn't just the kids, the big fibber that he is :-)

Pretty Boy
05-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Wot bout the boy Murphy at QPR, does he not want out.

Or Cerny at Accies.

Cerny at Accies would be decent. As would someone like Paul Gallagher but again Stack easily holds his own when mentioned with such names. Don't really know much about the guy Murphy at QPR.

How about the young lad at Livi, he's having a cracking season by all accounts. Andy Mc... Something?

Aldo
05-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Cerny at Accies would be decent. As would someone like Paul Gallagher but again Stack easily holds his own when mentioned with such names. Don't really know much about the guy Murphy at QPR.

How about the young lad at Livi, he's having a cracking season by all accounts. Andy Mc... Something?

PB I really like Stack and for me that 6 or 7 unbeaten run about a year ago coincided with him coming back into the team. Then wot happens... He goes and knacks his shoulder against Accies then we lose x amount of games in bottom 6.

On Monday he was excellent IMHO... Coming for crosses etc and producing 3 excellent saves.

I fear his injuries may see him leaving in the summer but I hope not.

hibbiedon
05-01-2012, 05:58 PM

sad people on here, only to ready to attack our players to hell with facts, why not peepee off to gorgi

Pretty Boy
05-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Yeh, well you'll be right then! Are you a particular poster by any chance?

Yes I am a particular poster, I think we all are.

marinello59
05-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Rubbish! Absolute rubbish! Check out the You Tube 8 min video of him showing his good points.He had a great record against Hearts and the OF.

Ignore me. I am one of the numpties you mentioned earlier who think Stack is an OK SPL standard keeper. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
05-01-2012, 06:40 PM
The vid is actually 9mins 20 or something like that. Be big enough to have a peek :greengrin...And then tell me what he wasn't good at.:wink:

Genuine question here, if you'd be kind enough to ignore my earlier response.

Why is it that since leaving Hibs no manager in world football has seen what you see in Maka? He went down to Swansea and played back up to an admittedly good goalkeeper. That keeper earned a move and Brendan Rodgers went out and signed not one but two keepers. He was then released and is now playing back up for a mid table team in the Belgian league.

Maka is a top guy, I've met him a few times and he really is a nice guy who went out his way to help me with some charity work I was doing. However as a keeper he's never really established himself as a number 1 anywhere so why do.you think.this is? Why are managers not seeing his talent and taking a chance on him? There's surely a reason of he's as talented as you ate claiming.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-01-2012, 06:42 PM
From Stacky's Facebook page....

Fair play to Stacky. Played well against them and came off his line which should keep the "he disnae came off his line" merchants happy for a week or two.

He, and all the players, have a new boss to impress so negative conjecture is not required. The whole club, fans, players need to pull together if we're goin tae get out of this mess.

degenerated
05-01-2012, 07:03 PM
The most disappointing thing in all this is that he has to waste his time refuting things like that. Maybe he'll get the benefit of the doubt next time.

Doubt it, whatever it is will be repeated ad infinitum by one of the usual suspects until its accepted as fact.

steakbake
05-01-2012, 07:16 PM

Janos Balogh.

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2012, 07:37 PM
The vid is actually 9mins 20 or something like that. Be big enough to have a peek :greengrin...And then tell me what he wasn't good at.:wink:

Goalkeeping was his obvious fault, no amount of stats, compilations or arguments can ever alter the fact that he was a bombscare. A more unorthodox, awkward looking keeper I have yet to see. Maka = Not good enough then and will never be good enough to establish himself at number one at any club of decent standing.

BEEJ
05-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Rubbish! Absolute rubbish! Check out the You Tube 8 min video of him showing his good points. He had a great record against Hearts and the OF.
I distinctly recall in one derby when they were on the attack, he wandered aimlessly out of his six yard box when there were defenders there already covering. He left the entire goal exposed at the cutback and it was one of the easiest goals they've ever scored against us.

Another lapse of concentration at a key moment. I don't think we'll find that one in your 9mins 20 secs Maka 'portolio video', though.

I don't believe his record against them was as rock-solid and steadfast as you make out.

AlbertK86
05-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Thank Christ. Been one off the biggest problems all season

Bristolhibby
05-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Yip totally agree with stacky, wasn't in long at all, and he got his photy taken wi my 40 year old mate, so it wasn't just the kids, the big fibber that he is :-)

I wanted to get my photo with Stack, but didn't want to appear to be a 31 year old fanboy.

(Snuck a phot with my iPhone).

I can also confirm he was on softies.

J

RyeSloan
05-01-2012, 11:04 PM
I distinctly recall in one derby when they were on the attack, he wandered aimlessly out of his six yard box when there were defenders there already covering. He left the entire goal exposed at the cutback and it was one of the easiest goals they've ever scored against us.

Another lapse of concentration at a key moment. I don't think we'll find that one in your 9mins 20 secs Maka 'portolio video', though.

I don't believe his record against them was as rock-solid and steadfast as you make out.

God that was one horror show of a goal.....Maka made everyone scared...even when he was playing well you always felt he was a second away from disaster!

matty_f
05-01-2012, 11:11 PM
IMHO, Stack is a good keeper and I'd have him in goals ahead of Maka every day of the week. This 'coward' pish is terrible patter and again IMHO, devalues any arguement against him.

Cropley10
05-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Doubt it, whatever it is will be repeated ad infinitum by one of the usual suspects until its accepted as fact.

Bit cynical no? ;-) I'm glad our goalie has made the facts available, it clarifies things, once and for all IMHO.

matty_f
05-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Well obviously you're entitled to your opinion Matt...But your "good keeper" pish, devalues any argument you have in favour of Stack and quite frankly makes you look a bit foolish. And I know that in general terms you're not a fool ...So.. Dunno what's happened there?

I think Stack does what's expected of him more often than not. I've not seen another keeper at Easter Road this season that I thought was particularly superior to Stack, and I haven't seen him do a single thing that people could categorically say led to a goal - there have been goals where some balmed him and others didn't, however compare this with Maka where there were several goals where he was clearly at fault.

Stack's a solid, reliable, and yes, good keeper.