PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cameron on Sportsound

Famous Fiver
04-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Just said ' definitely' when asked if they will beat Hibs on Saturday.

I just hope we put it right up him.

scott7_0(Prague)
04-01-2012, 05:52 PM
I would have expect anything less as an answer. Same when Fenlon is asked if we will beat the old firm or Hearts.

Dinkydoo
04-01-2012, 05:53 PM
What's he supposed to say?

"Not a chance, we're *****. They'll pump us by at least 3 goals."

:faf:

sundo1875
04-01-2012, 05:54 PM
He's not goin to say no is he ?

Hibercelona
04-01-2012, 05:54 PM

I'd confidently stick my house on them beating us.

They may be as poor as us technically (I hope), but believe me, they'll be far more up for it than we'll ever be.

GreenCastle
04-01-2012, 06:00 PM
That interview was the Hibs team talk for Saturday alone. CC will have his team fired up for it 100%.

We have 3 possible winnable games coming up and can't afford another shock exit - we need to raise our standards.

Yes we have been crap for a while but I actually thought we showed more fight on Saturday for the first time in a while - the issue is doing it consistently and over 90 mins something we haven't been very good at.

Craig_in_Prague
04-01-2012, 06:04 PM
That interview was the Hibs team talk for Saturday alone. CC will have his team fired up for it 100%.

We have 3 possible winnable games coming up and can't afford another shock exit - we need to raise our standards.

Yes we have been crap for a while but I actually thought we showed more fight on Saturday for the first time in a while - the issue is doing it consistently and over 90 mins something we haven't been very good at.

Theres been plenty fight for quite a while. The issue is lack of quality. Negative tactics and continous poor defending..

H18sry
04-01-2012, 06:14 PM

They may be as poor as us technically (I hope), but believe me, they'll be far more up for it than we'll ever be.

:eek:

The_Todd
04-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Colin Cameron demonstrating the usual Yam arrogance and attitude and as far as I'm concerned the correct attitude to be showing. I wished the Hibs board and management showed this sort of self-belief, I think it would really help.

GreenCastle
04-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Theres been plenty fight for quite a while. The issue is lack of quality. Negative tactics and continous poor defending..

Was just trying to be a little positive :wink:

If you read my other posts I certainly agree the quality is not there but some times hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Let's stick it right up.......Cowdenbeath? Doesna sound much of a battle-cry to me. If we are still in the cup for the next round, that will do fine, whether we have stuck it up them or not.

Edinburgh Green
04-01-2012, 06:20 PM

I'll take that bet!

Jim44
04-01-2012, 06:29 PM
I think they will win dirty and husstle us off the park. A win (unlikely) against Dunfermline is far more important. I think Fenlon should play a weakened team ( ha ha ) and save his strongest team (ha ha) for the league game.

hibbill2002
04-01-2012, 06:39 PM
I'll take that bet!

How many bedrooms you got?

Kaiser1962
04-01-2012, 06:57 PM

You are right of course but if I was PF I would be walking around the dressing room hitting players on teh side of the head and shouting that Cameron thinks they are ***** and asking what they are going to do about it. Anything to try and ignite a bit of a spark. While they may not be Messi they are professionals and it's about time they stepped up to the mark.

BT58
04-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Jeezo ,,,,,i dont get this its only cowdenbeath,,,
We have very short memories,, who was it last term,, aha ayr?? The season before it was ross county,,
If we get through,, great,, but i aint confident

ballengeich
04-01-2012, 07:20 PM

I think the question was something like "Do you have a chance against Hibs?". Cameron's not thick or arrogant enough to say his team would definitely beat us.

AFKA5814_Hibs
04-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Jeezo ,,,,,i dont get this its only cowdenbeath,,,
We have very short memories,, who was it last term,, aha ayr?? The season before it was ross county,,
If we get through,, great,, but i aint confident

:agree: Cowdenbeath are top of Div. 2. When Ayr beat us last season they were lying 3rd in the same league.

Aldo
04-01-2012, 07:27 PM
I expect us to win with Doyle getting his first Hibs goals.

However if the weather stays the same (live in leaven and weather is horrendous) the game might not go ahead?

Sir David Gray
04-01-2012, 07:38 PM
:agree: Cowdenbeath are top of Div. 2. When Ayr beat us last season they were lying 3rd in the same league.

They went into that replay top of division two.

This is the second division table as it looked going into that match.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/division-two/2010-2011/table/2011-01-15

Admittedly, Livingston also played that same evening in the league, and won, so when our match finished, Ayr were second but they did go into it at the top of the league.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-01-2012, 07:48 PM
seems like a lifetime ago we played that great game vs AEK Athens ....
how 10 years can change things!

AFKA5814_Hibs
04-01-2012, 07:52 PM
They went into that replay top of division two.

This is the second division table as it looked going into that match.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/division-two/2010-2011/table/2011-01-15

Admittedly, Livingston also played that same evening in the league, and won, so when our match finished, Ayr were second but they did go into it at the top of the league.

I looked there, but for some reason I went a month later in February. :doh:

monktonharp
04-01-2012, 11:01 PM
You are right of course but if I was PF I would be walking around the dressing room hitting players on teh side of the head and shouting that Cameron thinks they are ***** and asking what they are going to do about it. Anything to try and ignite a bit of a spark. While they may not be Messi they are professionals and it's about time they stepped up to the mark.:agree: like that idea so much. maybe a 10lb mash hammer would be better, for the thickest of oor players,but definately a guid hard slap on the heid, for starters.

silverhibee
04-01-2012, 11:14 PM

Agree with that, but was that down to it being a Derby game and maybe we resort back to playing keek again this weekend.

CC will have his team well up for the cup game, probaly been on the phone to jumbo jim for some advice as well knowing that he is good mates with BB. :greengrin

Hibercelona
04-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I'll take that bet!

Ok, but I expect 2000/1 odds. :wink:

I've seriously ran out of every ounce of confidence i've ever had on us beating any team. We could be up against 11 Cricket players on Saturday and I still wouldn't feel confident about us taking anything from them in a game of footie.

john18722
04-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Does anyone know what odds you can get on a Cowdenbeath win? Might put a wee bet on to take the edge off defeat!

Sir David Gray
04-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Does anyone know what odds you can get on a Cowdenbeath win? Might put a wee bet on to take the edge off defeat!

Best odds are 15/4 with Blue Square, Stan James and 888 Sport.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/scottish-fa-cup/cowdenbeath-v-hibernian/winner

Skanko79
05-01-2012, 12:39 AM
I know a couple of lads that play for them and they are well up for it and fully confident of turning us over at the weekend.

Phil MaGlass
05-01-2012, 07:22 AM
If we only play with 1 up front, I predict 2-1 for Cowdenbeath.

Craig_in_Prague
05-01-2012, 07:47 AM
I know a couple of lads that play for them and they are well up for it and fully confident of turning us over at the weekend.

Well there's been much better Hibs sides that have been beat by lower league sides, so you can't blame them for being really confident.
We have literally no quality that can hurt teams (GOC maybe, will he even play), so it'll be average pumped up players against average players.

Joe Baker II
05-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Best odds are 15/4 with Blue Square, Stan James and 888 Sport.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/scottish-fa-cup/cowdenbeath-v-hibernian/winner

Can get 21/5 on a draw too - not a bad bet - though I fancy us to go through in a replay.

hailhail22
05-01-2012, 03:55 PM

:agree: one of my good mates lewis coult plays up front for them, not a strong lad (should see how skinny he is) but fast skillful and good in the air think hes around 6ft 5, usually starts on the bench but i reckon he could cause our defence a few problems. Plus a huge jambo and would love nothing more than to score against us.

Sir David Gray
05-01-2012, 05:37 PM
:agree: one of my good mates lewis coult plays up front for them, not a strong lad (should see how skinny he is) but fast skillful and good in the air think hes around 6ft 5, usually starts on the bench but i reckon he could cause our defence a few problems. Plus a huge jambo and would love nothing more than to score against us.

So they have;

Colin Cameron-Ex-Hearts
Lee Makel-Ex-Hearts
John Armstrong-Ex-Hearts
Greg Stewart-Ex-Hearts
Jordan Morton-On loan from Hearts
Jon Robertson-Ex-Hearts
Lewis Coult-Massive Hearts fan AND ex-Hearts

AND

Thomas Flynn-Ex-Hibs
Dean Brett-Ex-Hibs
Danny Mackay-Ex-Hibs
Craig Winter-Ex-Hibs

Sounds like an interesting day in store...:aok:

JimBHibees
05-01-2012, 05:49 PM
There is no way IMO we are not beating them. Griffiths will run riot IMO 4/5 is a brilliant price.

It is good they are confident about winning.

Sir David Gray
05-01-2012, 05:50 PM
There is no way IMO we are not beating them. Griffiths will run riot IMO 4/5 is a brilliant price.

I wish I shared your optimism.

Jim44
05-01-2012, 06:09 PM

:agree: With some justification they will see themseves as favourites but this might just be their downfall. Every non-Hibby will be expecting a home win so hopefully we can muster up enough self pride to cause the first shock Cup win of 2012.

Famous Fiver
05-01-2012, 07:05 PM
I've just caught up with this thread that I started here yesterday.

It sounds as if there is an upset on Saturday, it'll be that we win!!!

I'm off to the bookies tomorrow for a wee Auchinleck Hibs double. Mad or what!!!

BEEJ
05-01-2012, 07:12 PM
So they have;

Colin Cameron-Ex-Hearts
Lee Makel-Ex-Hearts
John Armstrong-Ex-Hearts
Greg Stewart-Ex-Hearts
Jordan Morton-On loan from Hearts
Jon Robertson-Ex-Hearts
Lewis Coult-Massive Hearts fan AND ex-Hearts

AND

Thomas Flynn-Ex-Hibs
Dean Brett-Ex-Hibs
Danny Mackay-Ex-Hibs
Craig Winter-Ex-Hibs

Sounds like an interesting day in store...:aok:

The return of on-loan players Jordan Morton and Kai Naismith to Hearts and Rangers respectively will disrupt Cameron’s plans to some extent but Flynn sees the ever-green former Jambos midfield star as a key figure for Cowdenbeath

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/league-cup/thomas_flynn_knew_cowdenbeath_would_have_to_face_h ibs_1_2039342

One less to worry about!