PDA

View Full Version : Argue with this ya bams.....

scoopyboy
04-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Ian Black's penalty miss was the first penalty Hearts have missed against Hibs in my lifetime.

3pm
04-01-2012, 05:45 PM
The first yin of ours that springs to mind is Mixu.

Shrekko
04-01-2012, 05:55 PM
The first yin of ours that springs to mind is Mixu.

He actually missed 2, although Brebner followed up to score in the 4-4 game. First one I remember was Brian Hamilton.

Black's was also the first Jambo miss I can remember in my lifetime and followed Hibs since the late 70's.

Westie1875
04-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Ian Black's penalty miss was the first penalty Hearts have missed against Hibs in my lifetime.

I've certainly never seen them miss one against us before, had a feeling he was going to miss when it was given on Mon though, can't explain it.

Haymaker
04-01-2012, 06:00 PM
I've certainly never seen them miss one against us before, had a feeling he was going to miss when it was given on Mon though, can't explain it.

I had the same feeling. Just knew it.

Franck Stanton
04-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Unfortunately, at end of the day, it didnae matter - they manky gits still beat us.

scoopyboy
04-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Unfortunately, at end of the day, it didnae matter - they manky gits still beat us.

I think we realise that, it was more a case of someone possibly recalling a previous miss.

SneakersO'Toole
04-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Out of interest, does anyone have a list of penalties awarded/scored/missed in Edinburgh derbies of the last 20years?

Hibs_SW
04-01-2012, 06:58 PM

Your right they did but was fricking marvellous that the little scrote who I can't stand missed! That was immense in itself so his handmade t shirt couldn't be shown especially the fact he was fighting with hamil over taking it to start with LOL

iwasthere1972
04-01-2012, 07:00 PM

He wouldn't have missed it if he hadn't insisted on the Hibs ground staff undercoating the penalty spot before whacking on the white paint. :agree:

Hibercelona
04-01-2012, 07:04 PM
No wonder.

Hearts are even bigger con artists than the OF. They have plenty of practice taken penalties under pressure. Thats why its taken them so long to finally miss one against us.

Mikey
04-01-2012, 07:05 PM
No wonder.

Hearts are even bigger con artists than the OF. They have plenty of practice taken penalties under pressure. Thats why its taken them so long to finally miss one against us.

Never mind Hearts, let's concentrate on our own problems.

BT58
04-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Maybe he didnae want to upset his new employers
Duck;duck;

brydekirk
04-01-2012, 07:45 PM
I had the same feeling. Just knew it.

Knew he was gonna miss when started arguing wi Hamill over who was taking it.

cocopops1875
04-01-2012, 09:04 PM
I had a wee feeling he was gonna miss it ,really wanted it I assumed at the time to give us a big giruy (now we know about the shirt) and we should all remember he didnt MISS stacky saved it

Eyrie
04-01-2012, 09:19 PM
It was poorly taken - lacked power, not close enough to the post and a decent height. Probably telegraphed which side with the run up as well.

Judas Iscariot
04-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Maybe he didnae want to upset his new employers
Duck;duck;

Quack quack?

Hibercelona
05-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Never mind Hearts, let's concentrate on our own problems.

Weesht!

I still had to get my daily Hearts rant in there. :greengrin

Hibercelona
05-01-2012, 12:46 AM
It was poorly taken - lacked power, not close enough to the post and a decent height. Probably telegraphed which side with the run up as well.

Looked like a perfectly well taken penalty from where I was sitting. Great save by Stack IMO.

Made another cracking safe in the 2nd half as well.

7 Hills
05-01-2012, 08:29 AM

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall Scott Crabbe missing a penalty against us sometime in the 90's? I'm fairly sure that he did and that it maintained his exemplary record of NEVER scoring against the Hibees! :top marks

scoopyboy
05-01-2012, 08:32 AM
I could be wrong, but I seem to recall Scott Crabbe missing a penalty against us sometime in the 90's? I'm fairly sure that he did and that it maintained his exemplary record of NEVER scoring against the Hibees! :top marks

I can't recall that but I'm not doubting you.

Generally Robbo took them but he may not have been on the pitch at the time.

s.a.m
05-01-2012, 08:37 AM
I think Crabbe was playing for Falkirk at the time.

Barney McGrew
05-01-2012, 08:38 AM

When he was playing for Falkirk - the game we won to get the First Division title in the Great Adventure season.

Only downside was he got the Falkirk goal later in the game.

Monktonhall 7
05-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Scoop, it depends what you consider to be in your lifetime. I know you are older than me, so late 60s is within timeframe. I recall Peter Cormack having to go into goal at PBS and saving a pen. Can anyone out there fill in the blanks?

Big Frank
05-01-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm sure Kano missed one at ER back in the day. Ended nowt nowt.

Also mind henry smith saving one a ER because he had read in the programme where the Hibernian penalty taker (at the time) placed his penalties!

7 Hills
05-01-2012, 10:55 AM
When he was playing for Falkirk - the game we won to get the First Division title in the Great Adventure season.

Only downside was he got the Falkirk goal later in the game.

Old memory's not what it was! Thanks for that, I was getting confused - I got it into my head that he'd never scored against us, but I think that stems from a snippet in one of the old fanzines that he never scored against us while he played for the Yams.

hibbybrian
05-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Scoop, it depends what you consider to be in your lifetime. I know you are older than me, so late 60s is within timeframe. I recall Peter Cormack having to go into goal at PBS and saving a pen. Can anyone out there fill in the blanks?

Peter Cormac certainly took over in goals in a game against Hearts but I'm sure it was at Easter Road - I'll check when I get home from work.

Thomson Allan saved a penalty for Hibs against Hearts (taken by Willie Wallace) at Easter Road in 1966 - in my lifetime :wink:

scoopyboy
05-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Peter Cormac certainly took over in goals in a game against Hearts but I'm sure it was at Easter Road - I'll check when I get home from work.

Thomson Allan saved a penalty for Hibs against Hearts (taken by Willie Wallace) at Easter Road in 1966 - in my lifetime :wink:

Looks like we have a winner, in my lifetime as well but a year before I attended a game at ER.