PDA

View Full Version : SSN - Hearts wages shambles

JimBHibees
04-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Hearts been told they must pay players December wages by Jan 11 including interest and also January wages on time which is Jan 16th or they may face sanctions including fines, transfer embargo etc.

BEEJ
04-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Hearts been told they must pay players December wages by Jan 11 including interest and also January wages on time which is Jan 16th or they may face sanctions including fines, transfer embargo etc.
They'll need to get in there and sign James McPake pretty sharpish then. :rolleyes:

bingo70
04-01-2012, 12:00 PM
If they get a fine that would be another creditor to add to the list and so less likely to be able to pay the players, transfer ban should be a given and should have been in place since the transfer window opened.

Www1875hfc
04-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Taken from BBC Sportsound.

Here is the SPL Statement on Heart of Midlothian FC and their unpaid wages problems -

-------------------------

"An SPL Board sub-committee today adjudicated in the dispute between 14 players and Heart of Midlothian FC.

The SPL Board sub-committee has ordered December wages to be paid by 11 January. Interest on all sums overdue from October, November and December wages must also be paid by 11 January. January salaries must be paid on time on 16 January.

The club must also pay the claimants’ legal expenses and the SPL’s costs of today’s hearing.

Both sides have the right to appeal the decision to the Scottish FA within 7 days.

Neil Doncaster, SPL Chief Executive, said: “Today’s decision demonstrates how seriously the SPL take late payments of wages to players.”

Hibernia Na Eir
04-01-2012, 12:04 PM
thats something like £400000 to be paid out inside 5 days! how the f*** will they manage this?!!
transfer embargo looms methinks :)

Andy74
04-01-2012, 12:05 PM

Here is the SPL Statement on Heart of Midlothian FC and their unpaid wages problems -

"An SPL Board sub-committee today adjudicated in the dispute between 14 players and Heart of Midlothian FC.

The SPL Board sub-committee has ordered December wages to be paid by 11 January. Interest on all sums overdue from October, November and December wages must also be paid by 11 January. January salaries must be paid on time on 16 January.

The club must also pay the claimants’ legal expenses and the SPL’s costs of today’s hearing.

Both sides have the right to appeal the decision to the Scottish FA within 7 days.

Neil Doncaster, SPL Chief Executive, said: “Today’s decision demonstrates how seriously the SPL take late payments of wages to players.”

Only 14 players involved in the claim?

I presume they would only have to pay for those 14 then.

Sylar
04-01-2012, 12:06 PM
If (pretty fluid "if", as it's likely) they fail to pay their players both salaries AGAIN, the "sanctions" they face should be administration, just like Motherwell, Dundee, Gretna and Livingston before them. How many of these previous clubs who have hit the financial skids were given anywhere NEAR this amount of time.

They're an absolute shambles, and the longer it goes without the SPL taking proper action, the more of a shambles they become.

They can impose transfer bans, fines etc all they like, but Hearts will still be continuing to play players they can't afford to pay.

It's beyond a joke.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-01-2012, 12:07 PM
all rosey on the park and in the south stand the other day.
however, I'd STILL rather be in our predicament than that chaotic shambles of a club. what a mess.

bingo70
04-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Is doncaster serious? He's just asked them to make the payments they're supposed to have made already, no decision has been made, points deduction, freeing all players from their contracts, relegation are decisions that would have been a show of intent!

What exactly is there that hearts can appeal against?

Hibernia Na Eir
04-01-2012, 12:09 PM
I get the feeling really bad things are only just around the gorgie street corner....

MB62
04-01-2012, 12:10 PM

:faf: :faf: :faf:

They've no money, which is why the players are not getting paid, but the SPL are going to fine hearts if they don't pay up!
Absolute genius that is, serious my rse.

Andy74
04-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Fine or tranfer embargo unlikely to be anyhting Hearts will worry too much about. Won't pay the fine and can't buy players anyway.

GloryGlory
04-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Right of appeal within 7 days.

Hmmmm- Vlad will wait until 11 Jan, the due date for payment, and stick in an appeal at the last possible second. The SFA will have to convene a sub committee to hear that appeal - what is that likely to take - another 2/3 weeks?

This could run and run...

Jones28
04-01-2012, 12:14 PM
I hope the Hearts fans enjoyed the Derby, as it looks like the end of January spells the beginning of the end for them :bye:

Hibernia Na Eir
04-01-2012, 12:15 PM
unlikely they'll be fined, heavily anyway, as they have zero cash.
transfer embargo most obvious for the time being.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-01-2012, 12:17 PM
I hope the Hearts fans enjoyed the Derby, as it looks like the end of January spells the beginning of the end for them :bye:

aye, no more tramps strutting down Easter rd clad in odd colours.
bring on Edinburgh City or Spartans!

Top Pans Hibby
04-01-2012, 12:18 PM
The last thing I want to do is crticise my fellow Hibbies, but I just wish we would concentrate on our own troubles. In my opinion every time we have a go at our "neighbours" it just takes the pressure off Petrie and Farmer.

We have a "dead hand" running our club at the moment which is suffocating the life out of Hibs.

Unless we concentrate our pressure on our own board we will be watching football in the first division next season.

Happy New Year to you all.

Glory Glory

Andy74
04-01-2012, 12:19 PM

Aye, that'll show them :rolleyes:

Hibee87
04-01-2012, 12:19 PM
I wonder how many of the 14 are actually hearts players come the end of the week :cb

bruno
04-01-2012, 12:20 PM

Think your right initially anyway. Fine would be pointless at this time and a points deduction unlikely as this is the first "reported" offence.

A transfer embargo won't affect us as we have not a penny to employ anyone new anyway. I think this will be the opening shot and as the season goes on the punishments will increase if ( and when) Hearts continue to flaunt the rules

Was interesting to see it was as many as 14 signed the letter the majority of them would have been playing on Monday. Possibly pride or more likely to impress future employers.

Aldo
04-01-2012, 12:22 PM
I would think that any money brought to the club by selling players will be used to pay any outstanding wages!!

But do we really think Mad Vlad will listen to anyone. Money will be pocketed and he will be off ski

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-01-2012, 12:24 PM
There's no way the crazy one will bow to this ruling, he couldn't care less about the Yaks now as they didn't deliver the Euro champs league on time (chuckle)

This will go on and on with appeals all over the place to buy more time, a 10 point deduction with no right of appeal is required plus a heavy fine with immediate payment to put this idiot in his place...not that he'll be bothering his erse.

Tata Yambolinos..have fun in the 3rd division

:na na:

Beefster
04-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Phewee, those SPL bods don't take any prisoners, huh?

"We know that you keep paying wages late and are three weeks late on the latest wages but here, have another week."

Twa Cairpets
04-01-2012, 12:28 PM
The last thing I want to do is crticise my fellow Hibbies, but I just wish we would concentrate on our own troubles. In my opinion every time we have a go at our "neighbours" it just takes the pressure off Petrie and Farmer.

We have a "dead hand" running our club at the moment which is suffocating the life out of Hibs.

Unless we concentrate our pressure on our own board we will be watching football in the first division next season.

Glory Glory

Plenty of threads about our own troubles. If you dont like reading the Hearts doom ones, DONT F****** READ IT!!!

Having a go at Hearts takes the pressure of Hibs? Do me a favour - they are mutually exclusive. They are unrelated, other than Hearts ability to effectively cheat their way to a better squad.

scoopyboy
04-01-2012, 12:29 PM

Glory Glory

I think I can worry about Hibs and have time to laugh at Hearts.

Liken it to working during the day and relaxing at night.

Springbank
04-01-2012, 12:31 PM
I would think that any money brought to the club by selling players will be used to pay any outstanding wages!!

But do we really think Mad Vlad will listen to anyone. Money will be pocketed and he will be off ski

serious question. Is a transfer embargo a two way street? If it stops Hearts asking money for players then they are dead

Top Pans Hibby
04-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Plenty of threads about our own troubles. If you dont like reading the Hearts doom ones, DONT F****** READ IT!!!

Having a go at Hearts takes the pressure of Hibs? Do me a favour - they are mutually exclusive. They are unrelated, other than Hearts ability to effectively cheat their way to a better squad.

Thanks for that - not sure the expletives were necessary for someone simply voicing an opinion but hey ho. Anyway for what its worth I believe that Petrie and Farmer will be happy for Hibbies to discuss Hearts all day.....for obvious reasons.

Top Pans Hibby
04-01-2012, 12:35 PM

Fair point !!

Jack
04-01-2012, 12:36 PM

Glory Glory

Multi-task :agree:

Twa Cairpets
04-01-2012, 12:37 PM

"We know that you keep paying wages late and are three weeks late on the latest wages but here, have another week."

Due process and all that I suppose. What woud be the point of giving Hearts the potential of a legal "out" by saying pay now. Any court would not regard that as giving them a fair chance, regardless of the history at Hearts.

Also, in fairness to the SPL, what else can they do? They couldnt take pre-emptive action until they had a complaint, and cant say definitively what they will do as a sanction until Hearts have has an opportunity. Hearts may pay all their players tomorrow, in which case a precise "This is what will happen" becomes precedent.

I'm all in favour of the SPL drafting rules to say "If a club doesnt pay its players for X weeks, then it is automatically deducted X points/ transfer embargoed/ relegated etc" but that isn't the case just now, and the question of process again becomes critical.

Aldo
04-01-2012, 12:38 PM
serious question. Is a transfer embargo a two way street? If it stops Hearts asking money for players then they are dead

Your probably right SB. Bring it in.... But wait they will be sorted once they get a home gig.....400,000 and that. ;-)

Embargo both ways would be great.

Craig_in_Prague
04-01-2012, 12:39 PM
There's no way the crazy one will bow to this ruling, he couldn't care less about the Yaks now as they didn't deliver the Euro champs league on time (chuckle)

This will go on and on with appeals all over the place to buy more time, a 10 point deduction with no right of appeal is required plus a heavy fine with immediate payment to put this idiot in his place...not that he'll be bothering his erse.

Tata Yambolinos..have fun in the 3rd division

A 10pt deduction would see them finish well above Hibs. So not sure why you think they'll end up in the 3rd Div.

Andy74
04-01-2012, 12:41 PM

No I think it just stops clubs signing players.

A quick look on google suggests the English Football League does this quite frequent;y and on the quiet. One of their rules is that you have to lodge ac***** with them at the same times as they would be due to Companies House, or you get hit with an embargo too. That would seem quite a simple way to control some clubs with dodgy finances.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-01-2012, 12:41 PM
A 10pt deduction would see them finish well above Hibs. So not sure why you think they'll end up in the 3rd Div.

If they are put into administration for not paying players wages or fines....thought that would have been obvious

Barney McGrew
04-01-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm now looking forward to see Vlad's reply to this on their website. I'm willing to bet that the words mafia and monkeys may make an appearance in it.

Cropley10
04-01-2012, 12:43 PM
If they are put into administration for not paying players wages or fines....thought that would have been obvious

The SPL/SFA cannot put them in to administration.

Andy74
04-01-2012, 12:44 PM

That doesn't get you into the third division.

The Livingston case was a bit more complicated and was also under SFL rules. I think the main issue that got them demoted was not fulfilling fixtures.

Speedway
04-01-2012, 12:56 PM

For me it's like laughing at the guy with only one gonad when I've got none.

Hearts aren't going down and will escape this somehow. In the meantime, they're not paying players of an £8-£10,000 a week variety to get them results that put them in the top six whilst we pay players of the £1,500 variety to lose every week and send us into a relegation battle .

There's nothing funny about that.

PatHead
04-01-2012, 01:04 PM
As per BBC website-"Manager Paulo Sergio told BBC Scotland he expects players to leave this month to reduce the wage bill.

Eggert Jonsson has already joined Wolves and Lewis Stevenson has asked Hearts to terminate his contract unless he is paid."

Usual standard of BBC reporting notes that LEWIS STEVENSON has asked for his contract to be terminated.

Amazing how big teams can free our players as well!!!!!!

On a serious note I suspect that the SPL have given them 7 days as they must be seen to give Hearts the opportunity to sort matters.

Davy Mac
04-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Think your right initially anyway. Fine would be pointless at this time and a points deduction unlikely as this is the first "reported" offence.

A transfer embargo won't affect us as we have not a penny to employ anyone new anyway. I think this will be the opening shot and as the season goes on the punishments will increase if ( and when) Hearts continue to flaunt the rules

Was interesting to see it was as many as 14 signed the letter the majority of them would have been playing on Monday. Possibly pride or more likely to impress future employers.

Bruno, some of my Hertz buddies (it's not you Roddy is it?) have been saying things like "it happens all over the continent", they're crap anyway etc etc but shirley your serious fans must be peeping around the curtain hoping this goes away or are you taking a "nobody likes us so we don't care attitude" stance?

Also, as usual, your team outfought a powder puff Hibs yet again, all this 'we're gonna gub Hibs' begins and gets taught at an early age you know:wink: and I've said before the Hertz players get seriously wound up from the background team at Hertz prior to derbies - paid or not paid.

So it still confirms to me that playing fitba it isn't always about money - it's about attitude and desire - something that's badly missing at ER for many years.

Still think David Murray will save you anyways inconjunction with the council. IMO

Danderhall Hibs
04-01-2012, 01:11 PM

Hearts aren't going down and will escape this somehow. In the meantime, they're not paying players of an £8-£10,000 a week variety to get them results that put them in the top six whilst we pay players of the £1,500 variety to lose every week and send us into a relegation battle .

:agree: That's where I am with this as well.

Baldy Foghorn
04-01-2012, 01:14 PM

Nothing funny about them being 17 points better off either

Jim44
04-01-2012, 01:19 PM

Nothing funny about them being 17 points better off either

If they fell into a barrel of keech they'd come out smelling of roses.

Mikey
04-01-2012, 01:23 PM
I think it's a pretty stern warning considering it's the first shot. If it drags on to April/May then the SPL should be hitting them with a points deduction that guarantees relegation.

At least they're doing something about it now.

matty_f
04-01-2012, 01:37 PM

Me too.

stokesmessiah
04-01-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm now looking forward to see Vlad's reply to this on their website. I'm willing to bet that the words mafia and monkeys may make an appearance in it.

I have to say that is exactly what went through my head the second i heard the news as well. I can see King Vlad in a tower somewhere hunched over a typewriter furiously bashing out a response to the heathens in Scotland before handing it to one of his goons to quickly fax over to Paulo Sergio along with the next fixtures team sheet.

degenerated
04-01-2012, 01:43 PM
If they fell into a barrel of keech they'd come out smelling of roses.

Quite possible that they already have and cut themselves on the thorns of said roses, and thats where the minging colour of their strips came from. :agree:

Jim44
04-01-2012, 02:03 PM
I think it's a pretty stern warning considering it's the first shot. If it drags on to April/May then the SPL should be hitting them with a points deduction that guarantees relegation.

At least they're doing something about it now.

Is the points deduction at the discretion of the SPL or are there statutory and fixed penalties? I suspect that a points deduction at worst would only remove them from the top six.

Lofarl
04-01-2012, 02:07 PM
True, but say the incur a 10 point deduction for not paying their wages and get slapped with a transfer embargo and a hefty fine. Then later on the go into administration due to crippling debts and incur another 10 point deduction or better yet a 25 point deduction for being dirty Peados.

cabbageandribs1875
04-01-2012, 02:08 PM
As per BBC website-"Manager Paulo Sergio told BBC Scotland he expects players to leave this month to reduce the wage bill.

Eggert Jonsson has already joined Wolves and Lewis Stevenson has asked Hearts to terminate his contract unless he is paid."

Usual standard of BBC reporting notes that LEWIS STEVENSON has asked for his contract to be terminated.

Amazing how big teams can free our players as well!!!!!!

On a serious note I suspect that the SPL have given them 7 days as they must be seen to give Hearts the opportunity to sort matters.

oh dear :faf:

Mister P
04-01-2012, 02:27 PM
SPL have done nothing!!!

all theyve done is say "pay up by the 11th, and make sure januarys is paid by the 16th!

Hearts: "how"
SPL: "just coz"

no sanctions, no threat of action if they fail to meet these demands. if they were to fail to deliver it would come down to a new complaint, a complaint about not meeting the demands...which would take another few weeks.

SPL are gutless.

Leithenhibby
04-01-2012, 02:39 PM
SPL have done nothing!!!

all theyve done is say "pay up by the 11th, and make sure januarys is paid by the 16th!

Hearts: "how"
SPL: "just coz"

no sanctions, no threat of action if they fail to meet these demands. if they were to fail to deliver it would come down to a new complaint, a complaint about not meeting the demands...which would take another few weeks.

SPL are gutless.

Not so sure I agree. They (spl) have to start somewhere and they have started with a warning. Just like when we all forget to pay a bill. :wink: You get a reminder first :agree:

Sylar
04-01-2012, 02:46 PM
That doesn't get you into the third division.

The Livingston case was a bit more complicated and was also under SFL rules. I think the main issue that got them demoted was not fulfilling fixtures.

Not quite - the failure to fulfill fixtures was post-demotion, when Livingston were appealing the decision to relegate them 2 leagues and refused to play out a third division game until it had been dealt with.

Their "relegation" was due to an alleged breach of insolvency rules, which was really puzzling, as the new owners had put up a £720k bond to ensure all fixtures in the forthcoming first division would have been met, as requested.

The absence of any set rules for clubs going into administration in the SFL is a joke!

In the case of Hearts, their continued SPL survival and success is at the expense of all other clubs who try to live within a set of parameters where their outgoings are as close to balanced against their incoming finance, as much as possible. Administration wouldn't see them relegated, but it would see them be forced to reduce their club operating costs to a manageable level, based on their fanbase and sponsor income. If their debt is such (which everyone in Scottish Football knows to be the case) unmanageable at their current position, then administration would quickly become bust and unless they buy out a lower division club and re-emerge under a different guise, they won't appear in division 3 any time soon.

Barney McGrew
04-01-2012, 03:05 PM
If I were involved with Auchinleck Talbot, I'd be writing off seeing any share of their gate money from the Yams for this weekend's game.

Aldo
04-01-2012, 03:19 PM
If I were involved with Auchinleck Talbot, I'd be writing off seeing any share of their gate money from the Yams for this weekend's game.

Barney if that was indeed the case I would like to think the powers that be will take some sort of action (doubt it tho). After today's warning anyway.

The spirit of the cup/ game.. We shall see

Sylar
04-01-2012, 03:20 PM
One or two balloons across the road are suggesting that "Hearts sack the judas' and pay the other players" or "Pay the judas' and then sack them for breach of contract".

Would love to know how easily/loyal said balloon's approach would be if he went months without salary.

The players are only seeking what is owed to them, yet their own fans are too ignorant to see it.

PatHead
04-01-2012, 03:31 PM
SPL should bring in 2 rules with immediate effect

1. All accounts must be submitted by 31 December following the year of trading. Failure to do so results in a 20 point penalty.

2. Any club not paying their players in full should not be allowed to play the players until wages are brought up to date in full. In the event of a club not paying players for a second time in a year 10 points deducted in addition to first penalty. If it happens again, automatic relegation. All players contracts become void and they can move on for no fee.

What Hearts are doing just now is bringing the game into disrepute and should be dealt with severely, not just this slap on the hand of 10 point deduction.

IberianHibernian
04-01-2012, 03:58 PM
In Switzerland Neuchatel have just been docked 4 points for not honouring their players`contracts . Think it may be second sanction this season . Wouldn`t affect Hearts much but hope SPL are checking what`s happening elsewhere .

SloopJB
04-01-2012, 04:00 PM

Why? what's happened?

Oscar T Grouch
04-01-2012, 04:25 PM
The way I see this panning out is; yams dinae pay their players by the deadline, SPL hit them wi a fine and threat of points deduction. They'll no pay their players again, the SPL will withhold monies due from the league. The will deduct the players wages, plus interest, plus costs. The interim payment probably will not cover this, the SPL could then forward monies due for the next interim payment into the players accounts to cover their wages. Points will be deducted and the process will continue to the end of the season. The SPL would then have to concider the implications of retaining a club in the league that will not/cannot maintain a place in the league within the regulations, they could then chuck then oot the league within their rule and regulations and within the law. Or am i looking at it too simply:confused:

leithsansiro
04-01-2012, 04:28 PM
If (pretty fluid "if", as it's likely) they fail to pay their players both salaries AGAIN, the "sanctions" they face should be administration, just like Motherwell, Dundee, Gretna and Livingston before them. How many of these previous clubs who have hit the financial skids were given anywhere NEAR this amount of time.

They're an absolute shambles, and the longer it goes without the SPL taking proper action, the more of a shambles they become.

They can impose transfer bans, fines etc all they like, but Hearts will still be continuing to play players they can't afford to pay.

It's beyond a joke.

I'm not sure why Hearts are being given such leeway by the authorities. Personally, I'm genuinely convinced that if Hibs were in this position, we'd have been put into administration by now.

Conspiracy, methinks. Bloody mafia!

:paranoid:

Viva_Palmeiras
04-01-2012, 04:36 PM

Fair play to you for coming on Bruno.

down the slope
04-01-2012, 04:37 PM
I think they might have been paid, this from one of the younger squad this afternoon.

weonlywon6-2
04-01-2012, 04:41 PM

i think this will clearly put pressure on mad vlad for the first time.

It will be curious to see how he reacts to this:greengrin

Sir David Gray
Breaking news just now on Sky Sports News;

"Hearts confirm that all wages for December have now been paid."

greenlex
I think they might have been paid, this from one of the younger squad this afternoon.
SSN confirming they have been paid Dec wage.

son of haggart
04-01-2012, 04:42 PM

December wages have been paid today - it's on the official site

Dinkydoo
04-01-2012, 04:46 PM
True, but say the incur a 10 point deduction for not paying their wages and get slapped with a transfer embargo and a hefty fine. Then later on the go into administration due to crippling debts and incur another 10 point deduction or better yet a 25 point deduction for being dirty Peados.

One can only hope.

Edit: ****, ****, ****, ****!!!!!

They've been paid.

Wembley67
04-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Cocks away chaps, concentrate on our on house now.

Barney McGrew
04-01-2012, 04:49 PM
So a wee bit of pressure from the SPL and somehow they miraculously find the dough to make sure they're paid later the same day.

And these rockets in Gorgie still think there's nothing wrong? Jeez.

Captain Trips
04-01-2012, 04:53 PM
I do not usually post on Hearts threads as I think we have plenty of our own problems, what I will say is the wages shambles is also at Hibs, to think some of those guys are being paid for what they are doing.

SquashedFrogg
04-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Oh well, if it's on their official propaganda site then it must be true :rolleyes:

I guess that's them safe and sound now.

Silly me, I thought they were loaded with debt. I'll put my cock away temporarily but keep the tissues handy for the next time :cb

StevieC
04-01-2012, 05:02 PM
2. Any club not paying their players in full should not be allowed to play the players until wages are brought up to date in full. In the event of a club not paying players for a second time in a year 10 points deducted in addition to first penalty. If it happens again, automatic relegation. All players contracts become void and they can move on for no fee.

That would actually penalise the players by preventing them the ability to earn win bonuses and possibly appearance money.

KeithTheHibby
04-01-2012, 05:19 PM

What an announcement to make...

nortonhibby
04-01-2012, 05:36 PM
So a wee bit of pressure from the SPL and somehow they miraculously find the dough to make sure they're paid later the same day.

And these rockets in Gorgie still think there's nothing wrong? Jeez.

Damm but they have to find another load of money by 16th of Jan where they going to find the money for that :na na: the place is rotten to the core and will implode soon:aok:

Hibercelona
04-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Hearts could be a Billion in debt and they still some how wouldn't go bust.

Lets focus on our own problems, because our problems are currently doing us more harm than theirs seem to be doing them.

Cropley10
04-01-2012, 05:45 PM

So the next payment is due a week on Monday...

Seems like they can pay - just Vlad doesn't want to...

Sir David Gray
04-01-2012, 05:45 PM
What an announcement to make...

All big clubs put out statements every month confirming that their players' wages have been paid.

Silly to suggest otherwise...:agree:

Kaiser1962
04-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Oh well, if it's on their official propaganda site then it must be true :rolleyes:

I guess that's them safe and sound now.

Silly me, I thought they were loaded with debt. I'll put my cock away temporarily but keep the tissues handy for the next time :cb

The Vilnius Toon Cooncil's wages run must have hit Ukio in the last couple of days.

Keith_M
04-01-2012, 05:48 PM
The Scotsman (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/hearts_and_hibs_eye_james_mcpake_after_transfer_re quest_1_2036158) is saying that both Hibs AND Hearts are interested in signing James McPake.

First thing that springs to mind is that he'd be mad to go to Hearts, knowing the wages turmoil that's been going on over their.

More importantly, if they decide to outbid Hibs, as per usual, with money they haven't got then it just shows how useless the SPL and SFA really are.

The_Todd
04-01-2012, 05:50 PM
That would actually penalise the players by preventing them the ability to earn win bonuses and possibly appearance money.

The irony. Earn win bonuses they'll never get anyway?

I think it's a great suggestion. If you can't pay players, don't sign them. You certainly should not be allowed to use them. It IS cheating.

Gmack7
04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
hav they sold someone 2day?

Cropley10
04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
The Scotsman (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/hearts_and_hibs_eye_james_mcpake_after_transfer_re quest_1_2036158) is saying that both Hibs AND Hearts are interested in signing James McPake.

First thing that springs to mind is that he'd be mad to go to Hearts, knowing the wages turmoil that's been going on over their.

More importantly, if they decide to outbid Hibs, as per usual, with money they haven't got then it just shows how useless the SPL and SFA really are.

But they have got the money. They've just been paid. VR will force the higher earners to leave, the rest will stay. They will get their cash, there's absolutely no evidence to suggest otherwise.

It won't surprise me one bit, not for a second, if/when McPake ends up there; top 4 and Europe or bottom 2 and relegation, it's a tricky one right enough, especially if you work on the basis that his current £4k/wk wage is deemed to be too much for us.

EVENTUALLY
04-01-2012, 06:18 PM
hav they sold someone 2day?

The Jonsson cheque from Wolves probabaly cleared today.

Bostonhibby
04-01-2012, 06:21 PM

:agree: Like being savaged by a sponge.

They have set the standard with Vlad who simply does not respect them at all, he will take them right to the line before doing anything, either paying or appealing, just like he does with everyone else who wants to be paid.

SquashedFrogg
04-01-2012, 06:21 PM

A loan from Wonga? :coffee:

At a repayment rate of 12038475458837666277838 % :shhhsh!:

easty
04-01-2012, 06:33 PM
So the next payment is due a week on Monday...

Seems like they can pay - just Vlad doesn't want to...

Exactly. I'm not holding my breath for the wheels to come off, christ we've banging on about it for years.

The financial woes of the yams does nothing to alleviate the depressing death of on-the-park football we're getting at Easter Road. Well it doesn't for me anyway. Fair play to anyone that it makes feel better though. They could go bust (they wont) and we'd still be tom kite. We'd still be moaning that the new stand and the training complex were a waste of money (they werent). We'd still be saying Farmer has to invest more money (he doesnt and he wont).

SquashedFrogg
04-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Exactly. I'm not holding my breath for the wheels to come off, christ we've banging on about it for years.

The financial woes of the yams does nothing to alleviate the depressing death of on-the-park football we're getting at Easter Road. Well it doesn't for me anyway. Fair play to anyone that it makes feel better though. They could go bust (they wont) and we'd still be tom kite. We'd still be moaning that the new stand and the training complex were a waste of money (they werent). We'd still be saying Farmer has to invest more money (he doesnt and he wont).

Well don't go back? Why waste your time?

It's time like these I refer to line of one of our songs "and if, you know, your history....."

Well history tells me that football is cyclical and history also tells me that we (Hibs) always hit rock bottom before we return stronger and healthier...

Keep the faith...

Dr Jimmy
04-01-2012, 06:47 PM

SSN are stating that is exactly what has happened. This looks like Romanov has not dipped into his pocket.

Albion Hibs
04-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Hearts are playing payers that are not being paid and in despute, they are in voilation of these players contracts, so what do they do...impose a fine or dont let them spend money bringing any players into the club....talk me through that one, if they are not paying no playing is going to come in, so effectively irrelevant. In addition add a fine which will be a fraction of what they already owe...good one i.e. pay out £10 you dont have or we are going to ask you for 50p....I wonder what vlad will do.

How about all the points they have won during the time players have not been paid are deducted from them? Or they are not allowed to play matches until the players are paid, alas the forfit each fixture 3-0 to the opposing team.

I dont see Vlad sitting in his mad house crapping himself at this.

easty
04-01-2012, 06:53 PM

It's time like these I refer to line of one of our songs "and if, you know, your history....."

Well history tells me that football is cyclical and history also tells me that we (Hibs) always hit rock bottom before we return stronger and healthier...

Keep the faith...

I don't get it? I didn't say anything about not supporting Hibs. I'd support Hibs in the Sunday Edinburgh Fair Play league if that's where they played (although the refs are the worst in the world and I'd rip my eyes out after 3 or 4 games).

My point was that regardless of what happens to the yams, or more to the point what doesn't happen to them (administration, relegation, etc.) it wouldn't make our shambles any better. I don't join in with the "lets slag the yams, they're gong bust" chat becuase ultimately they'll be fine and whether they are or aren't, it doesn't make us any better.

If you're eating a bowl of kangaroo anus soup, would it make you feel better that the guy at the next table is eating a burger, but doesn't have his wallet and might get a wee telling off for not being able to pay? Nice analogy?

Jones28
04-01-2012, 06:55 PM

Keep the faith...

Takes nothing away from the fact that myself and thousands of other Hibs supporters have been watching total *****E at Easter Road for the past 3 seasons.

We've all been keeping the faith for a pretty long time and getting impatient. Having said that I'll be at the rest of the ST games this season, whether I'll be there next season is a different matter.

As for the whole Hearts wages debacle, big shock, they've been paid. Did anyone actually expect it to go to the SPL? They wormed out of it, and they will continue to do so. The forecast fire-sale isn't happening...yet, but until it does i wont be slagging any Jambo's off about their situation. The same goes for their debt, crap stadium, mental owner and everything else that is wrong with them.

Jim44
04-01-2012, 07:05 PM

:agree: We are in a state of steady decline. Fenlon has more or less said that he can't get the quality of player in who might make a difference. The Jambo demise is a myth, grossly exaggerated on this website. They'll still be plugging away for 3rd place, paid or unpaid, while we have a dogfight with the rest of the also rans. We have a choice of keeping our hands in our pockets, praying for a miracle or taking on some calculated and manageable debt and give us a fighting chance of survival.

greenginger
04-01-2012, 07:06 PM
So Vlad finds the cash to pay the players, but the amount of this outlay will have to be almost found again to pay the tax deductions and national insurance for Novembers wages and the tax man aint taking any **** from HOMFC . It will be pay up or another court order for liquidation.

I also see from tonight's Evening News some Councilors wanting Hearts to pay for the cost of the up-keep of the old Tynecastle school that they renegade on an agreement to buy, over £100,000 a year since 2008 in maintenance costs.

Cropley10
04-01-2012, 07:08 PM
:agree: We are in a state of steady decline. Fenlon has more or less said that he can't get the quality of player in who might make a difference. The Jambo demise is a myth, grossly exaggerated on this website. They'll still be plugging away for 3rd place, paid or unpaid, while we have a dogfight with the rest of the also rans. We have a choice of keeping our hands in our pockets, praying for a miracle or taking on some calculated and manageable debt and give us a fighting chance of survival.

UKIO shares down another 1.97% today :thumbsup:

SquashedFrogg
04-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Takes nothing away from the fact that myself and thousands of other Hibs supporters have been watching total *****E at Easter Road for the past 3 seasons.

We've all been keeping the faith for a pretty long time and getting impatient. Having said that I'll be at the rest of the ST games this season, whether I'll be there next season is a different matter.

As for the whole Hearts wages debacle, big shock, they've been paid. Did anyone actually expect it to go to the SPL? They wormed out of it, and they will continue to do so. The forecast fire-sale isn't happening...yet, but until it does i wont be slagging any Jambo's off about their situation. The same goes for their debt, crap stadium, mental owner and everything else that is wrong with them.

3 seasons? Get used to it mate, it normally lasts at least 5 :agree:

As for your last quote...I agree 100%

It's like hitting a six at cricket and watching the ball enter orbit...

SquashedFrogg
04-01-2012, 07:12 PM
I don't get it? I didn't say anything about not supporting Hibs. I'd support Hibs in the Sunday Edinburgh Fair Play league if that's where they played (although the refs are the worst in the world and I'd rip my eyes out after 3 or 4 games).

My point was that regardless of what happens to the yams, or more to the point what doesn't happen to them (administration, relegation, etc.) it wouldn't make our shambles any better. I don't join in with the "lets slag the yams, they're gong bust" chat becuase ultimately they'll be fine and whether they are or aren't, it doesn't make us any better.

If you're eating a bowl of kangaroo anus soup, would it make you feel better that the guy at the next table is eating a burger, but doesn't have his wallet and might get a wee telling off for not being able to pay? Nice analogy?

Dude, sorry if I offended. Just a bit weary of the whole 'suicide patrol' thing on here these days.

Analogy = :not worth

hibsbollah
04-01-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm in no mood to laugh at Hearts after Monday's debacle. I had to put up with my jambo workmates today....now thats's painful.

SquashedFrogg
04-01-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm in no mood to laugh at Hearts after Monday's debacle. I had to put up with my jambo workmates today....now thats's painful.

Jambo's work?? WTF???

I'm guessing they're not getting paid??

Jones28
04-01-2012, 07:22 PM
UKIO shares down another 1.97% today :thumbsup:

YA F*****' DANCER!!!! :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::partyhibb

More than makes up for them howfin us at home...:rolleyes:

:wink:

PatHead
04-01-2012, 07:40 PM

It would also stop them from being pressured into playing, potentially getting an injury with a club who can't afford medical bills. This also means players would not be in breach of contract making them entitled to outstanding wages= Players no worse off than if they were playing.

down-the-slope
04-01-2012, 07:51 PM

Thats a bit of an admission on a public forum :rolleyes:

Dr Jimmy
04-01-2012, 07:51 PM
It would also stop them from being pressured into playing, potentially getting an injury with a club who can't afford medical bills. This also means players would not be in breach of contract making them entitled to outstanding wages= Players no worse off than if they were playing.

If Taouil's hamstring has gone (seemed that way on Mon), he must be ****ting himself. They usually take 4 weeks or so to heal and the transfer window will be closed by then.

SquashedFrogg
04-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Thats a bit of an admission on a public forum :rolleyes:

Speedway, has only got no balls... :whistle: :offski:

Cropley10
04-01-2012, 08:01 PM
If Taouil's hamstring has gone (seemed that way on Mon), he must be ****ting himself. They usually take 4 weeks or so to heal and the transfer window will be closed by then.

Only if he doesn't get paid on the 16th of this month.

surreyhibbie
04-01-2012, 08:09 PM

This is one of the times I am glad I live down here, far away from any Yams...:wink:

Andy74
04-01-2012, 09:11 PM

Nowhere near enough for a month's wages.

BroxburnHibee
04-01-2012, 09:20 PM
I thought they didn't pay the full November wages either?

Sir David Gray
04-01-2012, 10:02 PM
I thought they didn't pay the full November wages either?

They paid them on the 15th December (nearly a month late), the day before the December wages were due.

cabbageandribs1875
04-01-2012, 11:20 PM
So Vlad finds the cash to pay the players, but the amount of this outlay will have to be almost found again to pay the tax deductions and national insurance for Novembers wages and the tax man aint taking any **** from HOMFC . It will be pay up or another court order for liquidation.

I also see from tonight's Evening News some Councilors wanting Hearts to pay for the cost of the up-keep of the old Tynecastle school that they renegade on an agreement to buy, over £100,000 a year since 2008 in maintenance costs.

cardownie should be able to work something out, how dare they attempt to get money out of that corrupt club

Geo_1875
04-01-2012, 11:25 PM
I assume it's only the wages that got paid today. That'll leave them with the interest and costs to find by next week. They'll be hoping Talbot bring a big crowd on Saturday.

fatbloke
05-01-2012, 02:35 AM
I assume it's only the wages that got paid today. That'll leave them with the interest and costs to find by next week. They'll be hoping Talbot bring a big crowd on Saturday.

anything from 5-7k according to my relatives in Ayrshire.

StevieC
05-01-2012, 07:49 AM
The irony. Earn win bonuses they'll never get anyway?.

Irrespective of whether they are getting paid you are penalising a players ability to earn as much as he can. They will be chasing whoever they need to for payment but I'm pretty sure they would prefer to be chasing for higher amounts if it were possible. No irony, just the ability for an employee to earn as much as he can.

Pressured into doing something that most will love doing is hardly pressure. Stevenson has shown that players can choose whether or not they want to play, others have shown that they just want to get out there and win games. Either way it should be personal choice and you shouldn't take that choice away from the player.

PatHead
05-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Pressured into doing something that most will love doing is hardly pressure. Stevenson has shown that players can choose whether or not they want to play, others have shown that they just want to get out there and win games. Either way it should be personal choice and you shouldn't take that choice away from the player.[/QUOTE]

Agree these players will be doing something they love but if they get injured and can't get treatment they won't be doing it for much longer. The real pressure comes when they can't get a new club and aren't getting paid by their own. It is almost like working up a ladder rather than scaffolding as the boss has told you to do it. Seems a good idea at the time but accidents do happen and you are the one who is Donald Ducked.

Players might feel pressured into play and lose their career over it.

StevieC
05-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Agree these players will be doing something they love but if they get injured and can't get treatment they won't be doing it for much longer. The real pressure comes when they can't get a new club and aren't getting paid by their own. It is almost like working up a ladder rather than scaffolding as the boss has told you to do it. Seems a good idea at the time but accidents do happen and you are the one who is Donald Ducked.

Players might feel pressured into play and lose their career over it.

You are talking about forceably preventing a squad of around 40 players from playing football on the off chance that 1 or 2 may get injured.

I'm all for supporting players and making sure they get what is due to them, but curtailing their ability to earn bonuses and preventing them from working is not the answer. I doubt very much that employment laws would even allow such a ban.

PatHead
05-01-2012, 12:28 PM
You are talking about forceably preventing a squad of around 40 players from playing football on the off chance that 1 or 2 may get injured.

I'm all for supporting players and making sure they get what is due to them, but curtailing their ability to earn bonuses and preventing them from working is not the answer. I doubt very much that employment laws would even allow such a ban.

Hearts hadn't failed to pay their younger players most of the time so it is not 40 players involved.

Surely the wider picture has to be looked at to stop clubs getting into the situation they are in by forcing them to live within their means. Taking the green tinted glasses off and ignoring the fact it is Hearts surely clubs cannot go and sign players they can't afford. If Hibs had been able to play players we tried to sign but were outbid such as Barr, Black, Webster etc do you think we would have been humped on Monday? Hearts got these players by promising wages they can't deliver. In my book that is cheating.

This has happened before with Brewster and Stevie Crawford at Dunfermline when wages Hibs could not match were offered. Half way through the season Dunfermline announced they couldn't afford the wages and Yorkson re-negotiated all the contracts. This meant Dunfermline had better players than Hibs at the time.

Livingston did the same and qualified for Europe and stole a League Cup from us whilst they were in administration, don't forget Motherwell, Gretna or Dundee either. The SPL should have fit and proper rules ensuring this does not happen again and imposing restrictions which might make clubs think twice before signing players. I am sure this would meet with employment laws by being part of the licence.

A level playing field should exist and we as fans should not be penalised for Hibs running a tighter ship. It works in other countries and should here as well.

stokesmessiah
05-01-2012, 12:45 PM

I will eat my hat if i am wrong but i am pretty sure that is absolute nonsense....where has he said that??

marinello59
05-01-2012, 12:50 PM
I will eat my hat if i am wrong but i am pretty sure that is absolute nonsense....where has he said that??

He hasn't said it. Or anything like it.

ScottB
05-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Hearts hadn't failed to pay their younger players most of the time so it is not 40 players involved.

Surely the wider picture has to be looked at to stop clubs getting into the situation they are in by forcing them to live within their means. Taking the green tinted glasses off and ignoring the fact it is Hearts surely clubs cannot go and sign players they can't afford. If Hibs had been able to play players we tried to sign but were outbid such as Barr, Black, Webster etc do you think we would have been humped on Monday? Hearts got these players by promising wages they can't deliver. In my book that is cheating.

This has happened before with Brewster and Stevie Crawford at Dunfermline when wages Hibs could not match were offered. Half way through the season Dunfermline announced they couldn't afford the wages and Yorkson re-negotiated all the contracts. This meant Dunfermline had better players than Hibs at the time.

Livingston did the same and qualified for Europe and stole a League Cup from us whilst they were in administration, don't forget Motherwell, Gretna or Dundee either. The SPL should have fit and proper rules ensuring this does not happen again and imposing restrictions which might make clubs think twice before signing players. I am sure this would meet with employment laws by being part of the licence.

A level playing field should exist and we as fans should not be penalised for Hibs running a tighter ship. It works in other countries and should here as well.

Have to agree with that. If you can't afford to pay players then you shouldn't be allowed to use them. Perhaps that is unfair on the players, but certainly in Hearts case they must have been at least aware of their financial situation when they signed their vastly inflated contacts.

StevieC
05-01-2012, 03:23 PM

Dont disagree with any of that, just dont think that you can force a situation where players are unable to earn the most that they can. Remember that it's the "clubs" that cause the situation NOT the players.

StevieC
05-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Have to agree with that. If you can't afford to pay players then you shouldn't be allowed to use them. Perhaps that is unfair on the players, but certainly in Hearts case they must have been at least aware of their financial situation when they signed their vastly inflated contacts.

You made the exact point I am making, which almost contradicts your opening sentence.

It is not the players that cause the mess and they rarely have an insight into the workings of the club. None of the current Hearts squad will have thought for a second that their contracts might not be honoured and, as much as we might dislike the players of our local rivals, there is no way that they should be punished as a result of Mad Vlad pulling the plug. By all means, create a set of rules and punishments that prevent the "club" from benefiting but I dont think that the players should be punished.

PatHead
05-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Dont disagree with any of that, just dont think that you can force a situation where players are unable to earn the most that they can. Remember that it's the "clubs" that cause the situation NOT the players.

That is exactly the point I am trying to make. Don't let clubs sign players they can't afford. Have rules in place to prevent wages being over a percentage of income like Rugby League where points get deducted and fines imposed. Ensure players/staff are treated correctly.

StevieC
05-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Don't let clubs sign players they can't afford.

I don't disagree.

Your original statement though .. "Any club not paying their players in full should not be allowed to play the players until wages are brought up to date in full" .. is slightly different to what you have been suggesting in your last few posts, and it's the original statement that I had the issue with.

By all means try and put as many rules and regulations in place to prevent this happening, or club punishments if it does, but lets not penalise the workforce for the mistakes of the management.

Barney McGrew
05-01-2012, 06:03 PM

:smug:

BroxburnHibee
05-01-2012, 06:14 PM
:smug:

Time to re-instate the old 'Mixu Bingo' :tee hee:

Leithenhibby
05-01-2012, 06:32 PM

:top marks Well done that man ..... :wink:

BEEJ
05-01-2012, 07:02 PM
It is not the players that cause the mess and they rarely have an insight into the workings of the club.

None of the current Hearts squad will have thought for a second that their contracts might not be honoured and, as much as we might dislike the players of our local rivals, there is no way that they should be punished as a result of Mad Vlad pulling the plug. By all means, create a set of rules and punishments that prevent the "club" from benefiting but I dont think that the players should be punished.
Well, frankly, hell-mend them and their agents for being so naive.

Part of doing your homework before joining a new employer is learning about what makes them tick, what their ethos and culture is, what big news items have emerged from the place for the last few years. It should be patently obvious to anyone involved in Scottish professional football that the Yams have been run like a circus and their main benefactor is an unpredictable nutter. That brings risk!

If you ignore all that and just jump at the biggest salary on offer without taking note of the attendant risks, then you have no-one to blame but yourself.

I say change the rules - and quickly. Clubs that cannot afford to pay their players cannot be permitted to play them in fixtures as long as their wages are oustanding. And part of the financial punishment for the club in such financial straits should be that the players thus prevented from playing should be fully remunerated as if they had in fact appeared in those matches.

To continue with this current farce simply makes even more of a laughing-stock out of Scottish football.

King Paddy
05-01-2012, 07:16 PM

Glory Glory

Totally agree mate we are a laughing stock of a club with an owner who does'nt give a s_ _ _ _
We need to get real and forget about the yams, Romanoff at least speaks our one is silent. Make your own minds up.

Peevemor
05-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Totally agree mate we are a laughing stock of a club with an owner who does'nt give a s_ _ _ _
We need to get real and forget about the yams, Romanoff at least speaks our one is silent. Make your own minds up.

You know what you can do then. :bye:

Andy74
05-01-2012, 07:43 PM

I have. Thanks.

southern hibby
05-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Could a rule not be brought in that when players are not paid in full on time. They are free from their contract to sign for another club outside the normal transfer windows. There could be a Lee-way off 2 weeks incase genuine mistakes are made.

Obviously this would force teams to pay up, or loose a player or 2. Also you could add in that teams would have to pay players all outstanding wages before they could buy or sell players. This would stop teams forcing players injured or not wanted from being kicked out, I. E. Until they sign for a new club.

On another note. Every job I've been for I've had to look up about the company I'm joining. If players are too interested in the ££££££ signs, rather than sound judgement. They should put so much away in a bank account for times like this. Or alternatively get in their contract that they are paid so many weeks in advance as this would help stop missed payments.

Anyway what do I know I ain't a football player or a solicator I'm a working man who picked a job that pays me on time so get it right up ya, you maroon wearing money grabbing (can't pick a team that will pay you on time) ******s. GGTTH.

Hibrandenburg
06-01-2012, 02:14 AM

Think we're a tragic reality show compared to the full blown circus over the road with all the frills like clowns, bearded lady and performing fleas. It's not our club that's the laughing stock it's yours.

lapsedhibee
06-01-2012, 05:37 PM
We need to get real and forget about the yams, Romanoff at least speaks

I almost have already. Eventually you will, too. Time heals.