PDA

View Full Version : NHC Levein on Sportscene.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Just caught the last 5 mins, I love following Scotland, but, that man is a bellend!

killie-hibby
03-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Just caught the last 5 mins, I love following Scotland, but, that man is a bellend!

What did he say?

EK_Hibs
03-01-2012, 11:44 PM

Nowt wrong with what he said to be honest.
Just indicated that if Fletcher wants to play for Scotland again then he will need to contact Levein personally.

Graham Law
03-01-2012, 11:45 PM

What did he say?

I am a bellend!

KazHibby
03-01-2012, 11:48 PM
he did choke when eventually accepting the jambos first goal was offside - by a mile!!!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
03-01-2012, 11:50 PM
What did he say?

Oh the usual " he has to call me" pash.

For me it's a father-son thing. Lead by example Levein, you are answerable to the Scottish footballing fraternity you pathetically immature fud.

Westie1875
03-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Nowt wrong with what he said to be honest.
Just indicated that if Fletcher wants to play for Scotland again then he will need to contact Levein personally.
What a child, as the manager he needs to behave like the more mature party and pick up the phone.

The Green Goblin
03-01-2012, 11:58 PM
The more Fletcher keeps on popping them in the net against the top teams, the sillier Levein is going to look.

madabouthibs
04-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Hi Craig?
Yes
Its Steven Fletcher here, just like you to know that I'd like to be considered for future Scotland squads
Yes.... errr.... ok.
Kfanksbye!
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

Getting a bit boring this, does anybody think that maybe Fletcher isn't that bothered about playing for Scotland? :duck:

MWHIBBIES
04-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Hi Craig?
Yes
Its Steven Fletcher here, just like you to know that I'd like to be considered for future Scotland squads
Yes.... errr.... ok.
Kfanksbye!
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

Getting a bit boring this, does anybody think that maybe Fletcher isn't that bothered about playing for Scotland? :duck:Scotland need him more than he needs Scotland so I wouldn't be surprised.

Sir David Gray
04-01-2012, 12:17 AM
As Scotland manager, he has a responsibility to act in the best interests of the nation.

In continuing to overlook Steven Fletcher, he is not looking after the best interests of the international side.

I'm sure Steven Fletcher could have acted a bit better throughout all of this as well but, come on, the guy's scoring goals for fun in one of the best leagues in the world, for a team that is struggling.

His record at Wolves is stunning and it can't be allowed to go on much longer.

beensaidbefore
04-01-2012, 12:39 AM
I dont see anything wrong with Leveins stance and what he said tonight. Everybody on here was quick to condemn Kris Boyd for going in the huff, and said good riddance, Scotland doesnt need you. In principle its exactly the same, apart from Fletcher is an ex-Hibby so we stick up for him, coupled with the fact that hes banging in the goals.

It would be better for the whole of Scottish football if he played but I agree with Leveins stance that if he waas able to say 'dont consider me', he should be able to say, 'changed my mind' or 'look, i know your the boss, i want to play'. It boils down to respect for authority or managment in a place where everyone has large egos needing to be checked. O.K. now he could probably walk into the team, but that doesnt mean he should be disrespectful to his team mates.

Id be interested to hear from someone in the know if he had a similar attitude at Hibs under Collins, and did he play a part in the 'mutiny'??

Nailrod
04-01-2012, 03:19 AM
Everybody on here was quick to condemn Kris Boyd for going in the huff, and said good riddance, Scotland doesnt need you. In principle its exactly the same, apart from Fletcher is an ex-Hibby so we stick up for him, coupled with the fact that hes banging in the goals.

In principle it isn't "exactly the same". In fact, in principle it isn't even remotely comparable.

Boyd said he would no longer play for Scotland at all. Fletcher declared himself unavailable for a single match - something that countless OF players have done again and again and again without any sanction.

Additionally, in Fletcher's case the match was a meaningless friendly. OF players have pulled out of some of the most important matches we have ever played. In the case of the Georgia game, in which a victory might have given us qualification for Euro 2008, Brown and Hutton both pulled out because of 'injury', thereby wrecking our right midfield and defense. Both played the following week in an OF game.

The fact remains that Levein is an oily little turd-gobbler, and no amount of excuse-mongering on his behalf will change that.

Hibercelona
04-01-2012, 03:39 AM
As much as I despise Levein, Fletcher isn't exactly a daft wee laddie anymore and is also more than capable of contacting Levein.

My take on it is that Levein isn't bothered if Fletcher is there or not (which is wrong in my opinion), but I think Fletcher isn't too bothered either which is equally as wrong.

They should both just put this nonsense to bed and think about the country.

MoscowHibs
04-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Personally I think Potter's oot of order.He was quick enough to get on the blower tae McGregor and thon numpty Ferguson after their total disrespect towards the previous incumbant's rules, and giving the "V" for victory towards the nations fans. Other instances being his crap excuses regarding Goodwillie and GOC mean to me he is a total liar, AND has an anti Hibs attitude. Who knows what Fletch's frame of mind was like when he sent the text, but to not play against, I think it was Brazil, to me means he wasnae 100%.Did he misread the text?, probably.Shoulda gone tae specsavers.

The Green Goblin
04-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Personally I think Potter's oot of order.He was quick enough to get on the blower tae McGregor and thon numpty Ferguson after their total disrespect towards the previous incumbant's rules, and giving the "V" for victory towards the nations fans. Other instances being his crap excuses regarding Goodwillie and GOC mean to me he is a total liar, AND has an anti Hibs attitude. Who knows what Fletch's frame of mind was like when he sent the text, but to not play against, I think it was Brazil, to me means he wasnae 100%.Did he misread the text?, probably.Shoulda gone tae specsavers.

This. :agree:

GG

1875 NO 1
04-01-2012, 12:52 PM
I dont see anything wrong with Leveins stance and what he said tonight. Everybody on here was quick to condemn Kris Boyd for going in the huff, and said good riddance, Scotland doesnt need you. In principle its exactly the same, apart from Fletcher is an ex-Hibby so we stick up for him, coupled with the fact that hes banging in the goals.

It would be better for the whole of Scottish football if he played but I agree with Leveins stance that if he waas able to say 'dont consider me', he should be able to say, 'changed my mind' or 'look, i know your the boss, i want to play'. It boils down to respect for authority or managment in a place where everyone has large egos needing to be checked. O.K. now he could probably walk into the team, but that doesnt mean he should be disrespectful to his team mates.

Id be interested to hear from someone in the know if he had a similar attitude at Hibs under Collins, and did he play a part in the 'mutiny'??

Fltech did not go to Rod's house!!!!

Fletch is 100% correct in his stance over the way he was treated by Levien. Adam got the same treatment but until Adam was down well in the Prem he then picked him.

If anybody was treated the same way ..................... you'd do the same

euro Hibby
04-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Surely the easiest thing to do is to pick him and let him decide to turn up or not ! Why should Fletcher have to indicate prior. List him and make him step forward or remain in the dark ! In that way Levine deals with the problem .or is that to simple..........?

Sergeant Hibs
04-01-2012, 10:07 PM
If I was him I'd be begging him to come back as Naismith (although injured) IMO is pash and I don't think Fletcher is too bothered tbh the only way Fletcher's gonna play under Mr Potter again is if Harry just asks him. How long will it take for the penny to drop

Holmesdale Hibs
04-01-2012, 10:20 PM
The more Fletcher keeps on popping them in the net against the top teams, the sillier Levein is going to look.

Agree. He's being an absolute child about this and seems to have something against strikers in general.

He must have been on the Christian Nade diet since he started the job and looks like a total jakey.

beensaidbefore
06-01-2012, 01:23 AM
In principle it isn't "exactly the same". In fact, in principle it isn't even remotely comparable.

Boyd said he would no longer play for Scotland at all. Fletcher declared himself unavailable for a single match - something that countless OF players have done again and again and again without any sanction.

Additionally, in Fletcher's case the match was a meaningless friendly. OF players have pulled out of some of the most important matches we have ever played. In the case of the Georgia game, in which a victory might have given us qualification for Euro 2008, Brown and Hutton both pulled out because of 'injury', thereby wrecking our right midfield and defense. Both played the following week in an OF game.

The fact remains that Levein is an oily little turd-gobbler, and no amount of excuse-mongering on his behalf will change that.

If your picked for a Scotland squad, you should be honoured about the fact. My point is exactly that in football these days there are far too many young men thinking they are the centre of the universe and football revolves around them. The boss has to be the boss, and players have to respect whatever style of managment is in place. Fletcher is big and ugly enought in his mid 20's to phone the Scotland manager and say, 'any chance of a game pal?' and the whole thing seems to be handbags at 20 paces. The only losers are gonna be us, the paying Scotland fans who whill see yet another great player added to the heap of those who could have, and should have.

beensaidbefore
06-01-2012, 01:26 AM
Fltech did not go to Rod's house!!!!

Fletch is 100% correct in his stance over the way he was treated by Levien. Adam got the same treatment but until Adam was down well in the Prem he then picked him.

If anybody was treated the same way ..................... you'd do the same

What way was Fletcher treated? Do you also throw your prams out the pram at the first opportunity?

:greengrin

monktonharp
06-01-2012, 01:38 AM
I DINNAE REALLY LIKE hARRY pOTTER

givescotlandfreedom
06-01-2012, 02:24 AM
The fact remains that Levein is an oily little turd-gobbler

That's an excellent description :agree:

Lucius Apuleius
06-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Been said before. Fletcher received a text from SFA saying he ws in the squad. He texted back saying he would rather help his club than play in a pretty meaningless game. Levein should have phoned him then to see what the problem was. Levein is not a good man manager. He is a hypocrite when it comes to not picking people as they have court cases pending. He is a hypocrite in who he decides to phone and ask to play for Scotland. My SSC subs were renewed in december but I hope to help he is not the manager when it is time for the next renewal.

Phil MaGlass
06-01-2012, 08:41 AM

could be Levein doesnae want to go ask Fletcher and maybe have Fletcher turn round and say no, like the hun muppet Ferguson. As much of an ass Levein is ah cannae blame him for not getting in touch to be honest. Fletcher needs tae man up.
Oh and ah didnae renew my SSC membership.

beensaidbefore
08-01-2012, 02:29 AM
Been said before. Fletcher received a text from SFA saying he ws in the squad. He texted back saying he would rather help his club than play in a pretty meaningless game. Levein should have phoned him then to see what the problem was. Levein is not a good man manager. He is a hypocrite when it comes to not picking people as they have court cases pending. He is a hypocrite in who he decides to phone and ask to play for Scotland. My SSC subs were renewed in december but I hope to help he is not the manager when it is time for the next renewal.

i agree in principle, but Levein would only succeed in looking even more hypocritical, not to mention very weak, if he did not continue with his current stance. Therefore i see the only possible resolution is Fletcher making first move.

The bit that irked me most about the situation is players opting out of Scotland squads, due to club commitments. Most friendlies are considered meaningless, but until we can qualify for a tournaments on a regular basis again, im all for practicing as many games as we can with full strength squads. I fear if the honour of playing for Scotland continues to play second fiddle in some players minds, and we continue to have players who are only up for the 'big' games, we wont be seeing us at any tournament finals for a while yet.

Sammy7nil
08-01-2012, 03:36 AM

TBF Bollocks he was picked he refused. Fletch needs to grow a pair.

p.s. Craig is still a cant but he is the boss.

Lucius Apuleius
08-01-2012, 09:32 AM
TBF Bollocks he was picked he refused. Fletch needs to grow a pair.

p.s. Craig is still a cant but he is the boss.

TBF bolox :-) . He asked not to be picked for one specific game. Managers should manage. I personally would have been straight on the phone to him asking what the problem was and how it could be resolved. Pottery did f all. Bad management. It would also be extremely difficult for him to look even more of a hypocritical prick :-)

Hibstrooper
08-01-2012, 09:46 AM
It's got more to do with the fact that Levein didn't like Fletcher criticising him after the Czech game, the text thing is just gave Potter the opportunity to get one up on Fletch. Does every player that drops out a squad call the manager direct, I doubt it.

Now Fletch shouldn't have criticised the manager in the press, even if he said what we were all thinking, but then Levein shouldn't be such a big bairn as it is the national team that is suffering because of his stubbornness.