PDA

View Full Version : Sodje

Monts
03-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Why is he not getting a chance?

Was brought in last season when we were in a relegation battle very similar to now and he got the goals.

Now, hes not even got a place on the bench.

I wouldve had him up front on his own yesterday ahead of Griffiths.

Liam89
03-01-2012, 09:37 PM
I agree, very strange - I liked him!

Wotherspiniesta
03-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Definately deserves more game time :agree:

GreenPJ
03-01-2012, 09:41 PM
I agree, very strange - I liked him!

Think he has struggled with the fitness since the injury in pre season

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Think he has struggled with the fitness since the injury in pre season

Doesnae exactly set him aside from the rest of them though on that score.

matty_f
03-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Why is he not getting a chance?

Was brought in last season when we were in a relegation battle very similar to now and he got the goals.

Now, hes not even got a place on the bench.

I wouldve had him up front on his own yesterday ahead of Griffiths.

Was saying that at the game on Saturday. Sodje and GOC would cause defences some problems, IMHO. Maybe get Griffiths to play behind them picking up the scraps, and we've got a decent chance of scoring some goals...

mglancy23
03-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Was saying that at the game on Saturday. Sodje and GOC would cause defences some problems, IMHO. Maybe get Griffiths to play behind them picking up the scraps, and we've got a decent chance of scoring some goals...

Even a shot on target at least

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-01-2012, 10:11 PM

Any ideas who would get the round thing up there to them, one of our biggest issues is getting the ball, keeping it then moving it forward with any sort of cohesion and organisation. I'd bet if we had Ronaldo and Messi up top we'd still be where we are!!!

.Sean.
03-01-2012, 10:19 PM
He's *****.

Monts
03-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Any ideas who would get the round thing up there to them, one of our biggest issues is getting the ball, keeping it then moving it forward with any sort of cohesion and organisation. I'd bet if we had Ronaldo and Messi up top we'd still be where we are!!!

Sodje is a half decent target man, capable of holding the ball up.

Long ball football isnt what we want long term but we have to make changes to get us out of our mess.

BoltonHibee
04-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Sodje has been told he can go and find another club

King Paddy
04-01-2012, 12:14 AM
He would have been my choice with Griffiths up front v the Hearts.
Jury is out mr.Fenlon IMO you should defo have had Sodgi in to bully the two centre backs of the yams.

matty_f
04-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Sodje has been told he can go and find another club

With Agogo agonegone, and O'Connor looking like he's away, Fenlon must be pretty sure of keeping a hold of Griffiths, otherwise it'll be Doyle up top on his own!

leither17
04-01-2012, 12:43 AM
p_mcpartlin Looks like Andre Blackman to #Hibs on loan, and Akpo Sodje being released were more than just rumours then? From twitter

Perspective
04-01-2012, 12:46 AM
p_mcpartlin Looks like Andre Blackman to #Hibs on loan, and Akpo Sodje being released were more than just rumours then? From twitter

From here - http://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/football/view/293414/High-winds-blow-out-swoop-for-Andre-Blackman

silverhibee
04-01-2012, 12:47 AM
With Agogo agonegone, and O'Connor looking like he's away, Fenlon must be pretty sure of keeping a hold of Griffiths, otherwise it'll be Doyle up top on his own!

I have got a feeling that Griffiths will also leave the club next week and head back to Wolves, its a big decision for him Matty, does he stay at Hibs and get more game time but with the possibility that Hibs may get relagated it wont do his CV any good, his agent may tell him to get away from Hibs and hopefully go back to Wolves then go back out on loan to a championship or 1st division side down South, staying at Hibs until the end of the season could be a hinderance to his future career.

And Hibs are not going to be paying a fee for him if Wolves were to release him in the summer, i think he will be away next week imo.

Bayern Bru
04-01-2012, 12:54 AM
From here - http://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/football/view/293414/High-winds-blow-out-swoop-for-Andre-Blackman

Still want to know where and how the Express gets all this stuff! :agree:

SteveHFC
04-01-2012, 12:55 AM
I have got a feeling that Griffiths will also leave the club next week and head back to Wolves, its a big decision for him Matty, does he stay at Hibs and get more game time but with the possibility that Hibs may get relagated it wont do his CV any good, his agent may tell him to get away from Hibs and hopefully go back to Wolves then go back out on loan to a championship or 1st division side down South, staying at Hibs until the end of the season could be a hinderance to his future career.

And Hibs are not going to be paying a fee for him if Wolves were to release him in the summer, i think he will be away next week imo.

We Need 3 strikers then

AK86
04-01-2012, 01:19 AM
the poor mans colin nish
the guy is dung. do some folk not watch players:confused:

matty_f
04-01-2012, 01:19 AM
We Need 3 strikers then

And two wingers. And a right back. And a creative midfielder.

Nae pressure, Pat!:greengrin

macd123
04-01-2012, 01:57 AM
I don't get it either - seems to score a goal every other game at every club http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10290~23073,00.html

Must admit I'd be worried if Dunfermline picked up him and Agogo.

silverhibee
04-01-2012, 02:26 AM
I don't get it either - seems to score a goal every other game at every club http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10290~23073,00.html

Must admit I'd be worried if Dunfermline picked up him and Agogo.

I would be even more worried if the Pars picked up Deek until the end of the month. :cb

.Sean.
04-01-2012, 02:31 AM
I would be even more worried if the Pars picked up Deek until the end of the month. :cbIs he likely to sign for Dunfermline?!

The_Horde
04-01-2012, 02:41 AM
I would be even more worried if the Pars picked up Deek until the end of the month. :cb

Nowt to worry about, over the hill, past it, nae pace.. etc.. :wink:

Bring back Deek. :pfgwa

Bayern Bru
04-01-2012, 02:51 AM
the poor mans colin nish
the guy is dung. do some folk not watch players:confused:

Without his goals we'd have been relegated last season. He's obviously not Pele but he's a damn sight better than several other strikers. Behave.

silverhibee
04-01-2012, 03:10 AM
Is he likely to sign for Dunfermline?!

Dont know Sean.

But i suppose it would may be a good thing for both parties, it may give the Pars a we lift during the window and it give's Deek some match time to get match fitness back and put himself in the window as he would become a free agent at the end of the month and get a move somewhere else.

But if i was a betting man i think he will be playing in the English Championship this season.

silverhibee
04-01-2012, 03:18 AM
;3062080']Nowt to worry about, over the hill, past it, nae pace.. etc.. :wink:

moany, cant go past a player(our wingers are doing a great job doing that just now) bad attitude, supports Hibs, good points, not allowed in George Street. :greengrin and will score goals if he gets the service to him.

Bring back Deek. :pfgwa

Cant see it happening.

silverhibee
04-01-2012, 03:21 AM
Without his goals we'd have been relegated last season. He's obviously not Pele but he's a damn sight better than several other strikers. Behave.

Just between Deek and Sodge i think they scored more goals between them than the whole team has this season. I think anyway. :greengrin

The_Horde
04-01-2012, 03:39 AM
Cant see it happening.

Me neither. Shame really.

Barney McGrew
04-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Still want to know where and how the Express gets all this stuff! :agree:

Wherever and whoever Scott Burns of the Express gets his info from, he's usually spot on.

Bayern Bru
04-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Wherever and whoever Scott Burns of the Express gets his info from, he's usually spot on.

Indeed. It's actually quite refreshing as opposed to the usual crap from other papers that don't tell us anything new.

PeterboroHibee
04-01-2012, 08:34 AM

A 21 year old whos played almost no games, great.

As for Sodje, disappointed how hes been treated this season. Showed great form at the end of last season and was hoping he could have pushed on from that, but instead has just has a few cameo appearances here and there.

Jones28
04-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Cant see it happening.

Dont want it to either

silverhibee
04-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Dont want it to either

Glad to hear it. :aok:

silverhibee
05-01-2012, 12:02 AM

I will hazard a guess and say it come's from a board member.