PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Tonight's matches

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Tottenham v West Brom

and

Wigan v Sunderland

have both kicked off about 10 minutes ago and it's 0-0 in both matches.

Manchester City v Liverpool kicking off in just over 5 minutes.

Live coverage on Sky Sports 1.

SteveHFC
03-01-2012, 08:09 PM
1-0 City :bye:

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Manchester City 1-0 Liverpool, Aguero.

Bad mistake from Reina.

About 3 minutes after Downing should have put Liverpool ahead.

Love the Green
03-01-2012, 08:12 PM

Bad mistake from Reina.

FH you will know all about goalkeeping mistakes

"kep the faith":wink:

SteveHFC
03-01-2012, 08:32 PM
2-0

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 08:32 PM
2-0, Yaya Toure.

Hibs Class
03-01-2012, 08:33 PM
City 2 up. Liverpool defend corners as well as us!

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-01-2012, 08:35 PM
A mark of a top drawer side to be getting pounded by the other team, and then justntake the ball up the park and score.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-01-2012, 08:35 PM
A mark of a top drawer side to be getting pounded by the other team, and then just take the ball up the park and score.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Half time in the other two matches;

Tottenham 0-0 West Brom
Wigan 0-1 Sunderland

3pm
03-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Kenny Dalglish gets off very lightly considering the league position / money squandered.

BoltonHibee
03-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Kenny Dalglish gets off very lightly considering the league position / money squandered.

Eh? Stabilised the club, playing football you can watch again and 3pts off 4th in the EPL. Yes he gets off very lightly ....

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Wigan 0-2 Sunderland.

Sylar
03-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Eh? Stabilised the club, playing football you can watch again and 3pts off 4th in the EPL. Yes he gets off very lightly ....

Though not a Liverpool fan, you pretty much sum it up for me!

His only questionable purchase thus far in my eyes is Carroll, but the stupid money he paid was offset somewhat by the ludicrous amount they received for Mr Overrated himself.

Tottenham 1-0 West Brom

3pm
03-01-2012, 09:14 PM

And all for a cool £110 million? 2 doughnuts in Henderson and Downing (prob now score), failed to beat Swansea, Blackburn and Norwich at home. Hodgson who was generally a dud had collected more points at home at the same stage last season! Magic!

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-01-2012, 09:18 PM
If you are watching City v Liverpool in HD, can you select an option for better weather?

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Tottenham 1-0 West Brom
Wigan 1-3 Sunderland

Wotherspiniesta
03-01-2012, 09:23 PM
A mark of a top drawer side to be getting pounded by the other team, and then justntake the ball up the park and score.

Just like The Hibs yesterday :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
03-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Bath 3-2 Newport

BoltonHibee
03-01-2012, 09:27 PM
And all for a cool £110 million? 2 doughnuts in Henderson and Downing (prob now score), failed to beat Swansea, Blackburn and Norwich at home. Hodgson who was generally a dud had collected more points at home at the same stage last season! Magic!

He has also raked in a bit from transfers, and other clubs higher in the table have also failed to beat some of those sides. I'm not a Liverpool fan but I think your being a bit harsh on KD.

Sylar
03-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Wigan 1-4 Sunderland!

City also down to ten men, as Barry is sent off.

Hibs Class
03-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Wigan 1-4 Sunderland!

City also down to ten men, as Barry is sent off.

Pretty blatant and stupid by barry, but it was coming for the last few minutes.

Sylar
03-01-2012, 09:30 PM
And City charge up the park and win a penalty!

Superb run from Toure, but why is Skrtel not off?

SteveHFC
3-0 City

NORTHERNHIBBY
Ref in the City game has made his first mistake of the night with that penalty.

Sylar
City 3-0 Liverpool

one day maybe...
03-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Sunderland will move up to 10th in the EPL. A new manager, what can a new manager do with under performing players? take a bow Mr O'Neil.

Sir David Gray

Probably because Toure dived. :bitchy:

3-0 Manchester City, Milner penalty.

Cheats.

leither17

cause it was a dive

Sylar
Ref in the City game has made his first mistake of the night with that penalty.

From the ref's angle, it does look like a clear penalty. I agree though, soft award.

BoltonHibee
Never a penalty

greenlex

He was going away from goal and not really in control of te ball. Poor show from The Italian Mnager there showing imaginary card there. I thought he ad more cass than tat.

3pm
03-01-2012, 09:32 PM
He has also raked in a bit from transfers, and other clubs higher in the table have also failed to beat some of those sides. I'm not a Liverpool fan but I think your being a bit harsh on KD.

Not a fan either BH. Don't have an English team. Being let down by Hibs most weeks is enough!!

Sylar
03-01-2012, 09:32 PM
cause it was a dive

Stupid answer - it might well have been a soft penalty, but the referee viewed it as a foul and Skrtel was the last man.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Stupid answer - it might well have been a soft penalty, but the referee viewed it as a foul and Skrtel was the last man.

There is absolutely no law in football that mentions a "last man" as being a red card offence.

It has to be a clear goalscoring opportunity.

BoltonHibee
03-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Not a fan either BH. Don't have an English team. Being let down by Hibs most weeks is enough!!

You had to mention hibs! :)

HH81
03-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Super result for Manchester City tonight, knocks off another big team still to play and pulls them many points and goals clear. :agree:

Sylar
03-01-2012, 09:36 PM
There is absolutely no law in football that mentions a "last man" as being a red card offence.

It has to be a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Aye, I noted he was actually running away from goal in the replay, had he angled his run towards goal, he would have had no choice really. Still deserving of at least a yellow though!

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Jeezo, City have picked up the pace since going to ten. Never looked like getting a third goal with eleven men.

Sylar
03-01-2012, 09:37 PM
It almost looks like it's Liverpool playing a man light - City have been a better team since Barry went off!

Wotherspiniesta
03-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Real Madrid 0-2 Malaga.
Bristol City 1-0 Millwall
Sao Carlos U19 1-1 Unia Sao Joao U19

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Real Madrid 0-2 Malaga.

The job Derek McInnes is doing down there is sensational.

Sylar
03-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Real Madrid 0-2 Malaga.

Superb! :thumbsup:

Edit: Bah, It's only the bloody Copa del Rey!

one day maybe...
03-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Well done Spurs another 3 points, just keep hanging on in there, you just never know. Mon the Yids

Benny Brazil
03-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Well done Spurs another 3 points, just keep hanging on in there, you just never know. Mon the Yids

:agree: Cmon you Spurs!!

On the Man City Liverpool game - I'm really struggling to understand how Andy Carroll is a PL player let alone a £35mil PL player.

chrisski33
03-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Would love to.know how oneil has turned sunderland around? Wish he wud send some of his magic to us!

SteveHFC
03-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Carroll - £35M :faf:

greenlex
03-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Would love to.know how oneil has turned sunderland around? Wish he wud send some of his magic to us!
It might be something to do with being one of the top managers in he game knowing exactly how to get the best out of the hand he s dealt. He will certainly get respect from day one thats for sure.

Mikey
03-01-2012, 09:52 PM
O'Neill is rapidly becoming another stick to beat Fenlon with.

Biggie
03-01-2012, 09:57 PM
:agree: Cmon you Spurs!!

On the Man City Liverpool game - I'm really struggling to understand how Andy Carroll is a PL player let alone a £35mil PL player.

My thoughts exactly Benny...Newcastle must be laughing their bollocks off at that one.....never in a million years a player worthy of that price tag...

3pm
03-01-2012, 10:01 PM
My thoughts exactly Benny...Newcastle must be laughing their bollocks off at that one.....never in a million years a player worthy of that price tag...

He's over priced but they don't play to his strengths either. £40m for Henderson and Downing and neither can pass to him! I see Adam has been taken off twice for Gerrard - wrong man in my view.

Sylar
03-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Carroll - £35M :faf:

Only one thing more amusing than that - Torres - £50 million!

PISTOL1875
03-01-2012, 10:03 PM

Bad mistake from Reina.

:wink:

PISTOL1875
03-01-2012, 10:05 PM

Cheats.

Class..

It was a pen. Skrtel's left leg clipped Toure's as he ran through.. Your wee pal rat boy Neville even acknowledged this...

Benny Brazil
03-01-2012, 10:07 PM
He's over priced but they don't play to his strengths either. £40m for Henderson and Downing and neither can pass to him! I see Adam has been taken off twice for Gerrard - wrong man in my view.

I agree to an extent - I've watched the last 2 Liverpool games and apart from when Bellamy is on the pitch they struggle to get wide and get quality crosses in - but - when they do Carroll is either not in the right place or doesnt attack the ball well enough - if Liverpool are relying on him to score the goals in the absence of Suarez then they are going to struggle.

Hibs Class
03-01-2012, 10:07 PM

Cheats.

Watched it a few times, think awarding the pen was the right decision. Surprised to see an accusation of cheating.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Class..

It was a pen. Skrtel's left leg clipped Toure's as he ran through.. Your wee pal rat boy Neville even acknowledged this...

Neville's just trying to appear neutral and unbiased in his new role as pundit. If that had been given against Man Utd, when he had been playing, he'd have gone mental.

It was never a penalty in a million years.

Sylar
03-01-2012, 10:10 PM

Cheats.

Again, an absolutely stupid response, as clearly the referee didn't view it as a dive, or he wouldn't have awarded it in the first place.

The fact that he was going away from goal and it wasn't considered serious foul play (i.e., goal-scoring opportunity) was the answer I deduced from the replay.

From his angle (replay from behind), you can see why he gave it.

The irony of a Man Utd fan crying "cheats" because of a dive is unparalleled.

Bad Martini
03-01-2012, 10:16 PM
I ****in hate managers and players screeching for red cards and bookings ... Good to see Mancini and his mob all ****ing at it. Pricks. Aye, city beat the Reds but it was three nil going on one all. At one point Liverpool had 66% of play and done all but score.

Fair dues tho. We lost due to reina making an uncharacteristic **** up, a bad sitter and a ropy bit of defending from Johnson wi that header.

Regards Carroll ... He's a huddy. Pop quiz...who paid this excess price tho? Chelsea with their inflated price on el noscoreo Torres.

Liverpool have turned around massively given a long period of disinvestment in comparison to the rest of the prem league. That's affore we get to hodgsons attempt to relegate the club. Reason Liverpool have turned round is Dalglish.

ENDOF

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Again, an absolutely stupid response, as clearly the referee didn't view it as a dive, or he wouldn't have awarded it in the first place.

The fact that he was going away from goal and it wasn't considered serious foul play (i.e., goal-scoring opportunity) was the answer I deduced from the replay.

Of course that was the reason, I just wanted to say that Toure dived, that's all. :greengrin

Anyway, is that not 1-1 in the "stupid" stakes after your "last man" comment!? :greengrin

leither17
03-01-2012, 10:19 PM

I thought it was a dive at 1st but after seeing the same angle it was a pen

PISTOL1875
03-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Neville's just trying to appear neutral and unbiased in his new role as pundit. If that had been given against Man Utd, when he had been playing, he'd have gone mental.

It was never a penalty in a million years.

Yeh so you say mate, welcome to the world of teams who have played against Man Who over the years and be shafted by refs...

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 10:21 PM
I ****in hate managers and players screeching for red cards and bookings ... Good to see Mancini and his mob all ****ing at it. Pricks. Aye, city beat the Reds but it was three nil going on one all. At one point Liverpool had 66% of play and done all but score.

Fair dues tho. We lost due to reina making an uncharacteristic **** up, a bad sitter and a ropy bit of defending from Johnson wi that header.

Regards Carroll ... He's a huddy. Pop quiz...who paid this excess price tho? Chelsea with their inflated price on el noscoreo Torres.

Liverpool have turned around massively given a long period of disinvestment in comparison to the rest of the prem league. That's affore we get to hodgsons attempt to relegate the club. Reason Liverpool have turned round is Dalglish.

ENDOF

I'm glad someone else has mentioned this. I didn't want to bring it up as I thought I would have Sir Alex's conduct on the touchline thrown back in my face.

I hate to see players/managers waving imaginary cards in the air, trying to influence decisions. I just hope Mancini is embarrassed by that because it has no place in the game, regardless of which team is involved.

Love the Green
03-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Watched it a few times, think awarding the pen was the right decision. Surprised to see an accusation of cheating.

Why you surprised it is FH a manure admirer who cannot acknowledge any team doing/playing well other than his own..juat like all a manure fans and their manager.
Cany understand why Adams did not get a card 3/4 fouls in quick succession in the first half then a nasty 1 on Silva early second half.

"keep the faith":agree:

Love the Green
03-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Just watched the RM 2nd goal ios that Callum Booth playing 4 Malaga.

"keep the faith"

Scouse Hibee
03-01-2012, 10:34 PM
why you surprised it is fh a manure admirer who cannot acknowledge any team doing/playing well other than his own..juat like all a manure fans and their manager.
cany understand why adams did not get a card 3/4 fouls in quick succession in the first half then a nasty 1 on silva early second half.

:faf:

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Why you surprised it is FH a manure admirer who cannot acknowledge any team doing/playing well other than his own..juat like all a manure fans and their manager.
Cany understand why Adams did not get a card 3/4 fouls in quick succession in the first half then a nasty 1 on Silva early second half.

I think that's unfair. I've said in the past that Manchester City are at the top of the league at the moment on merit. Any side that wins 6-1 at Old Trafford deserves to be at the top of the league.

In Silva and Aguero, they have two of the best attacking players in the country, Toure is a fantastic midfielder (even though he dives :wink:) and in Joe Hart they have one of the best goalkeepers in the country as well.

Is that enough praise? :aok:

Love the Green
03-01-2012, 10:40 PM
I think that's unfair. I've said in the past that Manchester City are at the top of the league at the moment on merit. Any side that wins 6-1 at Old Trafford deserves to be at the top of the league.

In Silva and Aguero, they have two of the best attacking players in the country, Toure is a fantastic midfielder (even though he dives :wink:) and in Joe Hart they have one of the best goalkeepers in the country as well.

Is that enough praise? :aok:

You missed out Vincent Kompany best central defender in the league this season.

he dives.......when you are travelling as fast as he was and a big strong guy bumps your thigh it is obvious you will not bre able to keep your balance.

"keep the faith"