PDA

View Full Version : Team at end of jan??

cloudy
03-01-2012, 05:39 PM
____________stack____________
Caddis___mcpake__long____booth

Spoony__scott___ozzy_____ferguson
___________deano___________
______________doyle___________

just going on gossip, but surley it isnt to far fetched is it?? Was going to add Liam Craig but dont think he'd leave st.johnston

PISTOL1875
03-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Paul Caddis ??

Who is long and ferguson ???????

Baldy Foghorn
03-01-2012, 05:42 PM

just going on gossip, but surley it isnt to far fetched is it?? Was going to add Liam Craig but dont think he'd leave st.johnston

3 defenders in? Surely we need a creative ball winning midfielder? Who is ferguson?

Cropley10
03-01-2012, 05:42 PM

SFL here we come :aok:

cloudy
03-01-2012, 05:46 PM
SFL here we come :aok:

Shane ferguson from newcastle on loan until end of season and kevin long on loan from burnley.... Again its just gossip

Baldy Foghorn
03-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Shane ferguson from newcastle on loan until end of season and kevin long on loan from burnley.... Again its just gossip

Hibs tend to veer away from gossip, and usually get players from left field...........

Cropley10
03-01-2012, 05:51 PM

Sorry mate. That was a daft post. I suppose I don't want loanees and I'll not hold my breath for any of these.

hibee92
03-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Shane ferguson is a great player, would love if this was true

shagpile
03-01-2012, 06:10 PM

Stack? First to go.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 06:17 PM
New player

New player
New player
New player
New player

New player
New player
New player
New player

New player
Doyle

SUBS

Stack
Booth
Stevenson
Griffiths
O'Connor
New player
New player

SouthamptonHibs
03-01-2012, 06:24 PM
not to excited about our new signing Doyle!
He's small and lightweight, we'll need to change our attacking strategy as we don't create any chances, cannae see him bundling his way through a defence to get us a goal!
Only time will tell, wish him all the best

Hail Hail

PeterboroHibee
03-01-2012, 06:26 PM
That team looks rubbish imo.

Long and Ferguson are both youngsters, and dont know why our defensive problems are being rested on McPake who has done nothing in a fairly injury prone career (managed about 1 full season and hes 27..). Shiels whilst having a number of good moments, was also so inconsistent when he was here, not someone we could exactly put the hopes of the team on. And Im pretty sure Caddis gets a game for Swindon no?

Seveno
03-01-2012, 06:29 PM
not to excited about our new signing Doyle!
He's small and lightweight, we'll need to change our attacking strategy as we don't create any chances, cannae see him bundling his way through a defence to get us a goal!
Only time will tell, wish him all the best

Hail Hail

Since when was 6' small ?

PatHead
03-01-2012, 06:29 PM
That team looks rubbish imo.

Long and Ferguson are both youngsters, and dont know why our defensive problems are being rested on McPake who has done nothing in a fairly injury prone career (managed about 1 full season and hes 27..). Shiels whilst having a number of good moments, was also so inconsistent when he was here, not someone we could exactly put the hopes of the team on. And Im pretty sure Caddis gets a game for Swindon no?

Caddis is playing for Swindon however if he was available would take him definately. None of the others excite though

crewetollhibee
03-01-2012, 06:41 PM
New player

New player
New player
New player
New player

New player
New player
New player
New player

New player
Doyle

SUBS

Stack
Booth
Stevenson
Griffiths
O'Connor
New player
New player

Need a fresh lager and my laptop cleaned !!!!:top marks

SouthamptonHibs
03-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Since when was 6' small ?

He didn't look 6ft yesterday!

Standing next to Webster he looked like he looked half his size, even next to Gary O he looked more like Sproule's size than 6ft

SouthamptonHibs
03-01-2012, 06:47 PM

Gary O to start surely!!! Stick a couple of creative players in midfield and he'll score a barrell of goals! Gary O is playing in a shocker of a team, he's still scored 8 (9 including the goal v well that was cancelled)! which is half of our goals this season, Gary O has plenty to offer us, Fenlon would be mad to move him on

Some of the players we are linked with sound shocking....the idea is to improve the team!

SouthamptonHibs
03-01-2012, 06:48 PM

Meant to reply to FalkirkHibbee...1st day back at work having a shocker:greengrin

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Gary O to start surely!!! Stick a couple of creative players in midfield and he'll score a barrell of goals! Gary O is playing in a shocker of a team, he's still scored 8 (9 including the goal v well that was cancelled)! which is half of our goals this season, Gary O has plenty to offer us, Fenlon would be mad to move him on

Some of the players we are linked with sound shocking....the idea is to improve the team!

Not for me at the moment. He's playing like someone who has a lot on his mind.

I wouldn't start with him again until after his trials are over.

SouthamptonHibs
03-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Not for me at the moment. He's playing like someone who has a lot on his mind.

I wouldn't start with him again until after his trials are over.

Quite a few of my mates think the same, but i think he should v ICT why we need him as he gets goals from nothing! Gary O won't want the Hibs go down! maybe PF can inspire him until the end of the year by bringing in some quality and building the team around him.

With regards to Gary's court case i thought the likely outcome is just a fine! or is it looking worse?

Sergeant Hibs
03-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Stack

New Player
Hanlon
New Player
Booth

Ozzy
Lewie

Spoony
New Player
New Player

Doyle

Subs
Brown
Stephens
Towel
Scott
Sproule
Griffiths if kept
Caldwell

Benny Brazil
03-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Hibs tend to veer away from gossip, and usually get players from left field...........

We need to stop buying from this club left field then - theyve been pretty poor :greengrin

crewetollhibee
03-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Meant to reply to FalkirkHibbee...1st day back at work having a shocker:greengrin

:wink:

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Quite a few of my mates think the same, but i think he should v ICT why we need him as he gets goals from nothing! Gary O won't want the Hibs go down! maybe PF can inspire him until the end of the year by bringing in some quality and building the team around him.

With regards to Gary's court case i thought the likely outcome is just a fine! or is it looking worse?

If convicted for possessing class A drugs, I would expect a fairly big fine for that but no more.

However, I think the insurance fraud could be a different story. There was a discussion on this issue the other day on here and another poster said that he expected O'Connor to be given a massive fine, if convicted, and that's all.

I am personally not so sure. It is allegations of a £100,000 fraud we're talking about here.

Mikey_1875
03-01-2012, 07:21 PM
In surprised some of these are 4-5-1 id definetly be looking to go 4-4-2 as ozzy can both contribute to an attack and defend so if we get a similar player maybe slightly more attack minded but can still throw himself about (broony when at hibs type) then there's no reason why 442 can't work. I'd go realisticly

Stack

New rb
New CB
Stephens
Booth

Wetherspoon
Ozzy
New cm
New lm

O Connor
Doyle

I think spoony could hopefully flourish in a good midfield and Stephens too with a good commanding older ch.

Baldy Foghorn
03-01-2012, 07:25 PM
We need to stop buying from this club left field then - theyve been pretty poor :greengrin

I knew someone would post this when I wrote my post, surprised that it took so long :wink:

Benny Brazil
03-01-2012, 08:44 PM
I knew someone would post this when I wrote my post, surprised that it took so long :wink:

Didnt want to disappoint you :greengrin

AlbertK86
03-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Only ones i want are

CM Ozzy
LM Booth

CF Gaz
CF Doyle

The rest need to be new

McIntosh
03-01-2012, 10:52 PM
1. Stack
2. Galbraith
3. Stevenson
4. Palsson
5. Webster (Hibs have enquired about his availability)
6. O'Hanlon
7. A quality playmaker
8. Skacel
9. Riordan
10. O'Connor (? He looked like man mountain yesterday)
11. McCourt (By all accounts on his way)

This type of team would keep us in the division

john18722
04-01-2012, 12:44 AM
1. Stack
2. Galbraith
3. Stevenson
4. Palsson
6. O'Hanlon
7. A quality playmaker
8. Skacel
9. Riordan

That is some team. So Galbraith at right back is it? Skacel, Webster and McCourt!!?? Where on earth did you hear that they were all coming to Hibs? McCourt is injured right now, hence why he isnt playing for Celtic. :rolleyes:

silverhibee
04-01-2012, 01:31 AM
Caddis is playing for Swindon however if he was available would take him definately. None of the others excite though

He is also there captain, no chance Caddis will be coming to Hibs.

The_Horde
04-01-2012, 01:38 AM
.....................Stack

New player Ohanlon New player Hanlon

Stevenson New player Osbourne

Sproule .........................Doyle/another new player

................GOC

Sadly can't see us signing that many though and I also can't see the signings being of any real quality.

GOC will stay IMO because there is no sense in selling him, his goals are more precious to us right now than 2/300k.

silverhibee
04-01-2012, 01:48 AM
If convicted for possessing class A drugs, I would expect a fairly big fine for that but no more.

However, I think the insurance fraud could be a different story. There was a discussion on this issue the other day on here and another poster said that he expected O'Connor to be given a massive fine, if convicted, and that's all.

I am personally not so sure. It is allegations of a £100,000 fraud we're talking about here.

It was me FH that was saying that he will get a fine for the fraud charges if found guilty.

The drug charges are the one's that could see him doing some porridge, remember it is not only drug charges but also absrtucting the police while searching him and running away from a crime that has took place and molesting a police officer as well which if found guilty of these charges that could see him in prison.

He should have learnt from his lesson at Birmingham, caught for testing positive of a class A drug, banned for so many games by EFA, club and manager stuck by him, was given help to cure his demons, but obviously thinks he is untouchable if found guilty of these charges.

Bayern Bru
04-01-2012, 01:55 AM
1. Stack
2. Galbraith
3. Stevenson
4. Palsson
6. O'Hanlon
7. A quality playmaker
8. Skacel
9. Riordan

Come on, pass the pipe.

Cropley10
04-01-2012, 09:08 AM
1. Stack
2. Galbraith
3. Stevenson
4. Palsson
6. O'Hanlon
7. A quality playmaker
8. Skacel
9. Riordan

Galbraith at RB? Webster :faf: Skacel :faf: Deek :faf:? McCourt :faf:

Aye pass the pipe!

Aldo
04-01-2012, 10:16 AM
"].....................Stack

New player Ohanlon New player Hanlon

Stevenson New player Osbourne

Sproule .........................Doyle/another new player

................GOC

Sadly can't see us signing that many though and I also can't see the signings being of any real quality.

GOC will stay IMO because there is no sense in selling him, his goals are more precious to us right now than 2/300k.

Dude sorry we won't get anywhere near that for GOC as he only has 6 months till his contract expires. 80 to 100 grand max IMHO. He is worth more but that's all we will get.

Dinkydoo
04-01-2012, 10:28 AM
1. Stack
2. Galbraith
3. Stevenson
4. Palsson
6. O'Hanlon
7. A quality playmaker
8. Skacel
9. Riordan

That has to be the worst line up I have ever seen.

Not in terms of quality but 3 midfielders (one being a winger) in defence, a big CH with little to no ball control in the middle of the park and 2 jambo's.

FFS :faf:

The Sea-gull
04-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Only ones i want are

CM Ozzy
LM Booth

CF Gaz
CF Doyle

The rest need to be new

Agree with this though not fussed about Ozzy don't really see why he always gets praised as being a good signing though comparisons with Palsson and Scott maybe has more to do with this than anything else.

Other than G O'C and Doyle (only coz he has not had a chance) I would not want to start with any of the current players. Spoony and Booth are worth keeping based on potential they have shown at times would not lose any sleep over the rest but unrealistic to think we can get rid of them all. I seem to be one of the few that doesn't actually mind Stack - think he has been exposed by a woeful defence and midfield.

Unrealistic Team on 1st Feb:-

Stack

New RB
New CB
New CB
New LB

New RM
New CM
New CM
New LM

G O'C/new striker
Doyle

Realistic Team on 1st Feb:-

Stack

New RB
O'Hanlon
New CB
New LB

New RM
New CM
Osbourne
Booth

G O'C/new striker
Doyle

5 or 6 new players in January is not too much to ask for. Even if some are short term signings designed to preserve our SPL place and then we can try to rethink and rebuild in the summer. Again.

Tha Cabbage Kid
04-01-2012, 10:52 AM
team i would like to see:

Stack
caddis McPake hanlon booth
zemmama osbourne newCM/stevenson McFadden
O'connor doyle

players i would like to see leave:

hart, o'hanlon, scott, thornhill, *sproule, agogo, palsson, *sodje, towell, brown

* im unsure about these guys becuase we havnt seen alot of sodje recently and i like sproule. but they're maybe on wages we might need to clear up for incoming players.

McIntosh
04-01-2012, 11:30 AM
That is some team. So Galbraith at right back is it? Skacel, Webster and McCourt!!?? Where on earth did you hear that they were all coming to Hibs? McCourt is injured right now, hence why he isnt playing for Celtic. :rolleyes:

Hibs have enquired about the availability of Webster at least twice in the last month. As for McCourt the enquiry concerned his fitness and availability. As for Skacel and I must clarify I would have him at Hibs in a minute. Ditto for Riordian whether the club would is a different matter. Regardless of this, my central point is quality, these types of players would provide the quality needed not just to secure our position but build for success. I don't doubt Fenlon's ambition as by all account he has stated the weaknesses which are self-evident the challenges is in having the resources released to secure them..

As for my source my nephew is a journalist and he has always provided us with accurate information.

NeilOrrSquareBa
04-01-2012, 11:38 AM
team i would like to see:

Stack
caddis newCB/murray hanlon booth
zemmama osbourne newCM/stevenson McFadden
O'connor doyle

players i would like to see leave:

hart, o'hanlon, scott, thornhill, *sproule, agogo, palsson, *sodje, towell, brown

* im unsure about these guys becuase we havnt seen alot of sodje recently and i like sproule. but they're maybe on wages we might need to clear up for incoming players.

And I like mince but eating it not watching it!!:wink:

.Sean.
04-01-2012, 12:54 PM
What's the molesting a Polis officer bit all about? GOC trying to cop a swatch?!