PDA

View Full Version : League of Ireland Players (NHC)

one day maybe...
03-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Noticed Aston Villa have just signed Endra Stevens, left back from Shamrock Rovers, yet it is their highly rated right back Conor McCormack
that has been making the headlines this season with some fine displays, many think he will be the league's player of the year. Anyone in the know or from over the Irish sea enlighten us a bit more on this laddie, would he be a reasonable acquisition. Hope PF has a wee eye on him.

Aldo
03-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Noticed Aston Villa have just signed Endra Stevens, left back from Shamrock Rovers, yet it is their highly rated right back Conor McCormack
that has been making the headlines this season with some fine displays, many think he will be the league's player of the year. Anyone in the know or from over the Irish sea enlighten us a bit more on this laddie, would he be a reasonable acquisition. Hope PF has a wee eye on him.

Watched the lad in the Europa League and looked quite good. Think they had him on an agreement once the season finished. Basically if he did ok they would sign him up.

Don't know why cos the LOI is pish. Or so folk on here are saying that :-)

Bohemian_Hibee
03-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Watched the lad in the Europa League and looked quite good. Think they had him on an agreement once the season finished. Basically if he did ok they would sign him up.

Don't know why cos the LOI is pish. Or so folk on here are saying that :-)

He's a midfielder, a holding midfielder, and a very tidy one. He's only 21, not the finished article, but improving all the time. He actually tries to pass the ball, something watching Hibs lately would be unfamiliar with.

After winning the league and playing in the Champions League and Europa Cup last year, I'm not sure he would see Hibs as a step-up at the minute... (Oupps sorry, I meant the League of Ireland is pish!)

Pretty Boy
03-01-2012, 05:53 PM
The LOI is nowhere near as far behind the SPL as some on here would like to think.

The lad Heffernan has done well at Killie this season, certainly better than Galbraith. Conor Sammon earned a.move to the EPL from Ireland via Killie and Sean Dillon is a decent player for Dundee Utd. All came from the LOI. I'm sure there are others too.

Aldo
03-01-2012, 06:01 PM
He's a midfielder, a holding midfielder, and a very tidy one. He's only 21, not the finished article, but improving all the time. He actually tries to pass the ball, something watching Hibs lately would be unfamiliar with.

After winning the league and playing in the Champions League and Europa Cup last year, I'm not sure he would see Hibs as a step-up at the minute... (Oupps sorry, I meant the League of Ireland is pish!)

I was being sarcastic (think you knew that) I am not one for sticking ma nose up at any league as long as it benefits the club. I was point out that there are some folk on here ready to slag someone off cos there no a messi or ronaldo.

one day maybe...
03-01-2012, 06:10 PM

Thank you for the info, I did notice his current contract finished on the 31/12/11 so I take it he is a free agent?

ronaldo7
03-01-2012, 08:12 PM

It's easy to see why Villa are picking up players in Ireland. Going by the number of scouts anyway.

Title

Name of Scout

Surname of Scout

Name of Club

Mr.

Joe

O'Rourke

Aberdeen FC

Mr.

Eugene

Magee

Arsenal FC

Mr.

Larry

Corbally

Aston Villa FC

Mr.

Alex

Denver

Aston Villa FC

Mr.

Dave

Henderson

Aston Villa FC

Mr.

Matt

Keane

Aston Villa FC

Mr.

Anthony

O'Gorman

Aston Villa FC

Mr.

Matt

Newberry

Birmingham City FC

Mr.

Gerard

Cassidy

Blackburn Rovers FC

Mr.

Michael

Conroy

Blackburn Rovers FC

Mr.

Patrick

McEvoy

Blackburn Rovers FC

Mr.

Peter

McCusker

Blackburn Rovers FC

Mr.

David

Lee

Bristol City FC

Mr.

Colm

O'Connell

Burnley FC

Mr.

Michael

Fox

Charlton Athletic FC

Mr.

Aidan

Tyrell

Chelsea FC

Mr.

Alex

Hasson

Chelsea FC

Mr.

Dean

Brennan

Crystal Palace FC

Mr.

Mark

O'Brien

Derby City FC

Mr.

Paul

Hamilton

Everton FC

Mr.

Joseph

Martin

Ipswich Town FC

Mr.

Jimmy

Byrne

Leeds United FC

Mr.

Ben

Heaslip

Ipswich Town FC

Mr.

Pat

Morrisey

Ipswich Town FC

Mr.

Paul

Doyle

Ipswich Town FC

Mr.

Laurence

Fox

Ipswich Town FC

Mr.

James

O'Hea

Ipswich Town FC

Mr.

Geoff

Geoghegan

Leeds United FC

Mr.

Tony

O'Neill

Leeds United FC

Mr.

James

Waldron

Liverpool FC

Mr.

Martin

Dunphy

Manchester City FC

Mr.

Michael

Collins

Manchester City FC

Mr.

Gerard

O'Connell

Manchester City FC

Mr.

William

McKeown

Newcastle FC

Mr.

Robert

Flanagan

Newcastle FC

Mr.

John

Coughlan

Nottingham Forest FC

Mr.

Tom

Kennedy

Nottingham Forest FC

Mr.

John

Reynor

Nottingham Forest FC

Mr.

Jim

Warren

Peterborough United FC

Mr.

Jim

McCluskie

Preston North End FC

Mr.

John

Barrow

Preston North End FC

Mr.

Paddy

Waters

Queens Park Rangers FC

Mr.

Phil

Cowen

Rangers FC

Mr.

Patrick

Quirke

Reading FC

Mr.

Frank

O'Neill

Sheffield United FC

Mr.

Terry

Delaney

Sunderland FC

Mr.

Willie

Byrne

Wolverhampton Wanderers FC

Mr.

Brian

Brophy

West Ham United

Scouse Hibee
03-01-2012, 10:47 PM
The LOI is nowhere near as far behind the SPL as some on here would like to think.

The lad Heffernan has done well at Killie this season, certainly better than Galbraith. Conor Sammon earned a.move to the EPL from Ireland via Killie and Sean Dillon is a decent player for Dundee Utd. All came from the LOI. I'm sure there are others too.

:agree: A wake up call is needed as to the quality of the SPL, I also keep reading comments like not Hibs class/not good enough for hibs. The truth is we are what we are and not what we used to be/people think we should be! As much as it will hurt folk to admit, expectations levels are far far from being met.

CallumLaidlaw
03-01-2012, 11:14 PM

Kevin Doyle, Stephen Ward - Wolves
Seams Coleman -Everton
Paddy McCourt - Celtic
Noel Hunt - Reading
Wes Hoolahan - Norwich

To name a few more

IWasThere2016
04-01-2012, 04:07 AM
Kevin Doyle, Stephen Ward - Wolves
Seams Coleman -Everton
Paddy McCourt - Celtic
Noel Hunt - Reading
Wes Hoolahan - Norwich

To name a few more

Stephen Hunt, Jon Daly and Arabs new boy Richie Ryan. I think the Sheep have one also.

allezsauzee
04-01-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm not sure why it should be a surprise that there a few decent players who came from the League of Ireland given that their international team has been better than ours for the past 25 years