PDA

View Full Version : Press predictions

James70
03-01-2012, 03:58 PM
I recall that before the season started several sports journalists for the Daily Express made their predictions for who would win the various trophies and who would be relegated and promoted.

Several of these punters predicted Hibs would be relegated which I was quite astonished by at the time and I doubt if many of even the most pessimistic supporters would have agreed with them.

However it now looks increasingly likely that the unthinkable could happen and I just wondered if these guys knew something back then that even the best informed fans were unaware of.

If we are to avoid the drop it isn't just a case of spending huge amounts of cash we don't have on another bunch of players who may or may not be better than what we have. We need to get to the very heart of the problem and address it. RP has done wonders for the infrastructure of the club but there seems to be something deeply amiss at the highest level within the club and I cannot foresee things turning around until the the real problem is dealt with.

What do these press guys know that we don't know?

wick hibby
03-01-2012, 04:31 PM
I recall that before the season started several sports journalists for the Daily Express made their predictions for who would win the various trophies and who would be relegated and promoted.

Several of these punters predicted Hibs would be relegated which I was quite astonished by at the time and I doubt if many of even the most pessimistic supporters would have agreed with them.

However it now looks increasingly likely that the unthinkable could happen and I just wondered if these guys knew something back then that even the best informed fans were unaware of.

If we are to avoid the drop it isn't just a case of spending huge amounts of cash we don't have on another bunch of players who may or may not be better than what we have. We need to get to the very heart of the problem and address it. RP has done wonders for the infrastructure of the club but there seems to be something deeply amiss at the highest level within the club and I cannot foresee things turning around until the the real problem is dealt with.

:agree::agree: 100%

Wilson
03-01-2012, 04:36 PM
I remember that and I think you are right. They must have had some inside info. I thought at the start of the season we were a bottom 6 side. Perhaps not even the best bottom 6 side but certainly not relegation favourites. I imagined they were just trying to be controversial.

It seems not though...

BoltonHibee
03-01-2012, 04:44 PM

To be fair, there were a number of people on here knew what these guys knew as well. Apparently though, they are just bed wetters or something like that!

c31
03-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Some of us tried to tell the board were were crap but were dubbed as fans who didn't really know anything and that Calderwood was indeed the man, now we have a manager who will be backed by every penny the club has and they understand my anger and frustrations.

A wouldn't trust that lot to run a raffle..

Broken Gnome
03-01-2012, 04:57 PM
One paper predicted we'd finish third. Ha.

cammy1969
03-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Spoke to rp in the hospitality before the game as he went round all the tables, and said to him that we would need to spend some money on players as we were in big trouble,and his reply was what you want us to sign more players. The way he came across to me was a man with his head in the sand and not wanting face up to what's happening at the club, maybe that was just him with his poker face on I don't know.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.867192,-2.968822
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nortonhibby
03-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Spoke to rp in the hospitality before the game as he went round all the tables, and said to him that we would need to spend some money on players as we were in big trouble,and his reply was what you want us to sign more players. The way he came across to me was a man with his head in the sand and not wanting face up to what's happening at the club, maybe that was just him with his poker face on I don't know.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.867192,-2.968822
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its hard to figure RP Out IMO He was banking on PF Having the kind of effect that Martin Oneal has had at Sunderland as soon as he started there was an instant change and despite having the same players that Steve Bruce had he got the bounce without any new players.

Unfortunatly for us its same old same old RP Will sanction some new players whether there is any change in fortunes and results time will tell the pressure is on RP Now he is getting the blame/Flack for the mess that he has got us into.

Aldo
03-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Its hard to figure RP Out IMO He was banking on PF Having the kind of effect that Martin Oneal has had at Sunderland as soon as he started there was an instant change and despite having the same players that Steve Bruce had he got the bounce without any new players.

Unfortunatly for us its same old same old RP Will sanction some new players whether there is any change in fortunes and results time will tell the pressure is on RP Now he is getting the blame/Flack for the mess that he has got us into.

RP knows that the club cannot afford to get relegated. He has supported the last 2 managers and has seen the club slide further and further in the last 2 or so years.

TBH and with no disrespect... That us the answer I would expect from any chairman.

He will loosen the purse strings cis he knows he has to.

I stand by this tho... PF is the man for the job and given the right backing and support by the club and he will have us moving in the right direction.

Aldo
03-01-2012, 05:13 PM
O FWIW the journo's say how it is without Hibs tinted specks!!

Viva_Palmeiras
03-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Ever heard of self-fulfilling prophecy?
Uri Geller would find it hard to resist some of the bad vibes buzzing around ER.

Viscous cycle that needs to be broken. Hopefully a coming together of fans and players starting at Cowdenbeath. But there needs to be a spark I was hoping it was Stackys save it'll have to be a other catalyst.

I'll be in Dunfy for the make or break Game.

Sick but unbowed by the Derby.