PDA

View Full Version : Dermot Gallagher - McGowans Goal

Winston Ingram
03-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Just been on SSN.

Said he could believe how it was given. Stood right in front of Stack a yard offside for the 1st header. Also said he was stunned that Stack or the defenders didn't complain

Cropley10
03-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Stacks a clown. It was miles offside. Thing is the reaction from the crowd and the ref being a Jambo won't have helped.

matty_f
03-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Stacks a clown. It was miles offside. Thing is the reaction from the crowd and the ref being a Jambo won't have helped.
Why is Stack a clown? He couldn't protest about it as he was already on a booking, and it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference anyway. The ref had given the goal and the linesman had no intention of raising his flag.

Benny Brazil
03-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Third goal was also offside - Sutton is at least 2 yards off when the ball is played, right in front of the linesman, then runs back onside. Doesnt take away from another poor performance but these things dont help when you are struggling like we are.

son of haggart
03-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Third goal was also offside - Sutton is at least 2 yards off when the ball is played, right in front of the linesman, then runs back onside. Doesnt take away from another poor performance but these things dont help when you are struggling like we are.

Been done to death on the thread that starts youtube

Can't be offside froom a goal kick so the third goal was ok - 1st very debateable

cocopops1875
03-01-2012, 10:47 AM

Stack is a clown why ?

Benny Brazil
03-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Been done to death on the thread that starts youtube

Can't be offside froom a goal kick so the third goal was ok - 1st very debateable

Well there you go you learn something new every day :greengrin - been watching football for 30 odd years and never knew that - knew you couldnt be off from a throw in but didnt know you couldnt from a goal kick. I'm away to read up on the rules now - nothing better to do :greengrin

3pm
03-01-2012, 10:57 AM
It's not Stack's decision to make! Regardless of how **** we are at the back, it should be given offside whether we appeal or not.

son of haggart
03-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Well there you go you learn something new every day :greengrin - been watching football for 30 odd years and never knew that - knew you couldnt be off from a throw in but didnt know you couldnt from a goal kick. I'm away to read up on the rules now - nothing better to do :greengrin

I can save you the bother - I was surprised myself

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12_en.pdf

page 33

El Gubbz
03-01-2012, 11:45 AM
I can save you the bother - I was surprised myself

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12_en.pdf

page 33
Must be a new rule. Pretty sure I'v seen a hibs player offside from a GK in the last 10 years

Franck is God
03-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Must be a new rule. Pretty sure I'v seen a hibs player offside from a GK in the last 10 years

Keith Wright knew the rule, he used to stand around five yards behind the defender so he could get a run and jump at the ball for flick ons when goal kicks were sent in his direction.

Woody70x2
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM

I am surprised folks didn't know this...