PDA

View Full Version : Oi compliance officer!

SneakersO'Toole
03-01-2012, 03:09 AM
I hope you took note of the following gorgie tramps for inciteful behaviour,

- McGowan
- Skacel
- Black
- Hamill

Ban the lot of them. That waste of space Murray turned a blind eye to at the 3rd goal. Hammer the lot of them.

TheEastTerrace
03-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Skacel really sums them up - classless until the last.

marinello59
03-01-2012, 09:06 AM

To be fair his hairstyle was pretty funny. :greengrin

overdrive
03-01-2012, 09:38 AM

- McGowan
- Skacel
- Black
- Hamill

Ban the lot of them. That waste of space Murray turned a blind eye to at the 3rd goal. Hammer the lot of them.

Add Zaliukas to that. He twice made gestures to the FF stand. Probably won't have been caught on tv though.

forthhibby
03-01-2012, 03:00 PM
mcgowan headbutt is being looked at by compliance office according to chris mclaughlin on twitter

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 03:08 PM

:agree: Deek had the right idea last season where's he's concerned. :greengrin

we are hibs
03-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Add Zaliukas to that. He twice made gestures to the FF stand. Probably won't have been caught on tv though.

done it in the 2-2 and 2-0 game at ER last season to the famouse five aswell

Mikey
03-01-2012, 03:23 PM
mcgowan headbutt is being looked at by compliance office according to chris mclaughlin on twitter

I heard something about that on the radio as I got in the car. I only caught the end of it, and Mrs Mikey was yakking, but that seemed to be the jist of it.

TornadoHibby
03-01-2012, 04:11 PM

And so it should be too despite what Jumbo McCann said about whether it was "agressive" or not and whether Ivan "made a meal of it", or not as the guy launched himself, albeit moderately, at Ivan's midriff/chest with his head as a retaliatory act IMO! No doubt in my mind that it constituted an assault although no blood was spilled and was worse than the "head butt" that got odious little Joey Barton wrongly sent off last night IMO!

Whilst looking at that incident, they should assess why the referee chose not to award a penalty in the first half for Webster for hauling Griffiths to the ground by his shirt, why the blatant offside (Elliot no 10) at the 1st Jumbo goal was not given and why Sutton's offside position at the time the pass to him was hit, allowing him to momentarily return from said offside position to then turn again and chase it before crossing to Skacel to score the 3rd goal from, WAS AGAIN NOT picked up the the West Stand linesman OR the referee! Are they BOTH Hearts fans?

None of this is due to "green cheese" as it were but observations of mine picked up after watching the match again today as I had recorded it yesterday to look at any "controversial" moments which might have arisen and which I might have missed at the game!

I'd be pleased to ask the guy at the SFA/SPL who deals with this kind of matter if someone could post his email address at Hampden for me!?

Our season is bad enough without very bad decisions like these going against us and affecting results negatively in terms of points to Hibs!

The Aberdeen "penalty that was officially recognised as not being a penalty" post match resulting in a 2 game ban for the "simulator" in the incident cost us 2 points assuming everything in the game went as it did!

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Reporting Scotland confirming that the "headbutt" is being looked at. If there is action taken, either to penalise for violent intent or for ungentlemanly conduct, the referee beaks need to have a look at Murray's performance. IMO he had to make a decision and took the weak option and ran away from it. Just not good enough. Another game where the man in the middle blows the whistle to demand respect and then does nothing to earn it.

matty_f
03-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Reporting Scotland confirming that the "headbutt" is being looked at. If there is action taken, either to penalise for violent intent or for ungentlemanly conduct, the referee beaks need to have a look at Murray's performance. IMO he had to make a decision and took the weak option and ran away from it. Just not good enough. Another game where the man in the middle blows the whistle to demand respect and the does nothing to earn it.

:top marks

We've had ****-all in the way of big decisions from referees recently. Aberdeen penalty (though I suppose he got the red card wrong as well, which probably counts as one in our favour...), O'Connor booked for a dive where he was clearly fouled - we should have had a penalty against ICT for it, Yams - no penalty for us despite Griffiths incident, and Webster shoving O'Hanlon (IIRC), an offside goal being allowed at 0-0, and a player being allowed to remain on the pitch following a head butt.

The refs can all go **** themselves. I liked the foreign ones better.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I've just seen this for the first time on Reporting Scotland and it certainly looks as if he shoves his head into Sproule's stomach.

It looks like a clear red card for me.

Ferryhibby
03-01-2012, 06:31 PM
apparently according to some managers all these decisions even themselves out through the season???....well we've got a hellofan easy second half coming to us then

clerriehibs
04-01-2012, 10:36 AM
I've just seen this for the first time on Reporting Scotland and it certainly looks as if he shoves his head into Sproule's stomach.

It looks like a clear red card for me.

hope nothing comes of it ... Sproule's reaction was just embarrassing, in the same way as mickeylooneyass's reaction was embarrassing when Sproule hopped over him in that semi-final.

marinello59
04-01-2012, 11:00 AM
hope nothing comes of it ... Sproule's reaction was just embarrassing, in the same way as mickeylooneyass's reaction was embarrassing when Sproule hopped over him in that semi-final.

I was raging about the lack of red card at the game but after watching the incident on TV and trying not to look through green tinted glasses I think the ref used good old fashioned common sense here. Sproule's reaction was as pitiful as the 'headbutt''.

soupy
04-01-2012, 11:11 AM
I was raging about the lack of red card at the game but after watching the incident on TV and trying not to look through green tinted glasses I think the ref used good old fashioned common sense here. Sproule's reaction was as pitiful as the 'headbutt''.

Thing is its still a red card, and if the ref thought sproule was at it he should have booked him, so for me its nout to do with common sense.

Billy Whizz
04-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Thing is its still a red card, and if the ref thought sproule was at it he should have booked him, so for me its nout to do with common sense.

Ban the 2 of them or neither is my view

Part/Time Supporter
04-01-2012, 11:15 AM

:agree:

It's not like the Barton incident on Monday or the Kyle Lafferty thing from a couple of years ago, where there was just a squaring up and the opposing player has fallen over just to make it look like they were headbutted (ie to get their opponent sent off). McGowan moved his head forward into Sproule's chest. The "force" he did it with is irrelevant.

Part/Time Supporter
04-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Ban the 2 of them or neither is my view

Suspending a regular first team player for a vital match.

:crazy:

I don't remember any of the holier-than-thou Yams on the Scotsman site, etc, calling for Spotty Gordon being suspended after his bit of ham acting against Dean Shiels 4-5 years ago.

Kato
04-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Been watching derbies for years and forever have seen Hearts players able to get away with jersey pulling in the box and sly pushing in the back at set-pieces. In the 81% possession derby there were half a dozen instances when Hibs could/should have had pens. Right on cue on Monday we saw Griffiths get his jeresy pulled in the box and O'Hanlon pushed in the back (both by Wenster) and nothing done.

Establishment team right enough.

Killiehibbie
04-01-2012, 01:43 PM
hope nothing comes of it ... Sproule's reaction was just embarrassing, in the same way as mickeylooneyass's reaction was embarrassing when Sproule hopped over him in that semi-final.Rules are rules and he should've been sent off for violent conduct, even though the level of violence was a bit feeble.

skipster7
04-01-2012, 01:47 PM
you can be sure if it was the other way round Ivan would have been off.:agree:

Makaveli
04-01-2012, 03:43 PM
you can be sure if it was the other way round Ivan would have been off.:agree:

100%, if for no other reason than Hearts never fail to surround the referee as a team/pack of tramps everyone time one of them is fouled.

Geo_1875
04-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Webster should have been booked for trying to drag Ivan off the ground. And the funniest part of it was the East Stand assistant standing in shadow with his hand shielding his eyes pretending that he hadn't seen anything.

skipster7
04-01-2012, 03:50 PM
i remember Ivan got a 2nd yellow at Ibroxfor bouncing the ball down in frustration.double standard ****s:agree:

green leaves
04-01-2012, 05:59 PM

- McGowan
- Skacel
- Black
- Hamill

and why are you not asking for Stack to be hammered?several gestures to the hearts fans after we scored,why no outraged reaction to that?
the pathetic reaction of football fans to a gesture from opposing players,when said fans spend all game hurling abuse at players is embarrassing.

overdrive
04-01-2012, 06:18 PM
and why are you not asking for Stack to be hammered?several gestures to the hearts fans after we scored,why no outraged reaction to that?
the pathetic reaction of football fans to a gesture from opposing players,when said fans spend all game hurling abuse at players is embarrassing.

I'd agree in principle but you have to have some consistency. We have just had a player serve a ban for making gestures to fans. I didn't see Stack make any gestures, but if he did, then like Griffiths, should serve a ban too.

Eyrie
04-01-2012, 08:02 PM
But the rules states clearly that is a red card offense. The office Jambo (probably an equal opportunities appointment) volunteered that McGowan should have been off before I even mentioned it.

givescotlandfreedom
04-01-2012, 08:21 PM
i remember Ivan got a 2nd yellow at Ibroxfor bouncing the ball down in frustration.double standard ****s:agree:

I'm sure the crab did it in the same game and got off with it.

Holmesdale Hibs
04-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Rules are rules and he should've been sent off for violent conduct, even though the level of violence was a bit feeble.

It should have been a red card under the current rules but if it wasn't Hibs then I'd be wanting them both sent off. Sproule's reaction was embarrassing.

Not bothered about the ****bos making gestures to Hibs fans. I'm sure there's a few people on here, myself included, who have shouted far worse. I've seen Hibs fans spit on hearts players (Hartley at PBS) and then there's an outcry when he blows a kiss at us. If we give it out then we have to be able to take it.

TrinityHibs
04-01-2012, 09:39 PM

Zidane went off for a head to the chest. Black got nicked on the ankle mibbee eneded up with a cruciate replacement before he took the free kick.