PDA

View Full Version : New years resolutions

Northernhibee
02-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Already touched on this in another thread, but our new manager has arguably inherited the biggest challenge that any Hibs manager has faced since Duff Jimmy left, and with it being a real struggle to find suitable players to get in, it's a monumental task to save us from relegation alone this season.

Both Yogi and Calderwood have decimated us to the point where turning us around is a job that will probably take over a season -but there's no point in dwelling over CC's failures - it does no good.

We are in a position where the support is going to get the team we deserve. If we belittle the team and the manager at every corner, the team will not have a confident support to feed off of, and we WILL be a division one side next season.

The teams confidence is shot. We have to play our part in building that confidence that whatever corner of Scotland they play in, they will have as many Hibees singing their hearts out win, lose or draw.

The point of this thread is that if we do not improve as a support, we could play a part into condemning our team to relegation, another new manager, another season of rebuilding.

I don't want any responses of "So it's the supports fault" - it's petty, pointless and above all, it's not the supports fault we are where we are, but again, that's not worth dwelling on as both Yogi and CC have moved on. The point is our teams confidence is shot to pieces and we can play our part in building their confidence levels.

So, what is your new years resolution as a supporter?

Mine is that I've just gotten a new job where for the first time I have weekends off, so I will be attending double the amount of games that I have been able to for the past few months, and if I can afford the travel from Aberdeen, get a season ticket for next year.

pacorosssco
02-01-2012, 10:45 PM
New year resolution....

must stop caring about a a team with players who dont try their ..... and paying 28 nicker and 4.20 for a pie and hot drink for privelage

Northernhibee
02-01-2012, 10:48 PM
New year resolution....

must stop caring about a a team with players who dont try their ..... and paying 28 nicker and 4.20 for a pie and hot drink for privelage

We get the team we deserve.

magpie1892
02-01-2012, 10:49 PM

That just ain't true.

Northernhibee
02-01-2012, 10:53 PM
That just ain't true.

I disagree. We've become incredibly fickle as a support, show little confidence in the team and in return the team show no confidence and it takes very little for the team to lose their fight.

pacorosssco
02-01-2012, 10:55 PM

please explain?

pacorosssco
02-01-2012, 10:57 PM
I disagree. We've become incredibly fickle as a support, show little confidence in the team and in return the team show no confidence and it takes very little for the team to lose their fight.

you cant lose what you dont have.its a two way street the pleyers can raise the fans.

fans applaud triers

Northernhibee
02-01-2012, 11:01 PM
you cant lose what you dont have.its a two way street the pleyers can raise the fans.

fans applaud triers

I don't think it's a case of "triers", I just think that two awful previous managers playing players out of position has shattered confidence, and the abuse that some of our players receive from our own support for doing their best in a position they aren't adept in, no wonder there's absolutely no confidence, and I wouldn't blame the likes of Wotherspoon to not give a **** about playing for the jersey. If you, week in week out at your job received the abuse from the stands that he has done, would you give a ****?

The team do want to win, there's just absolutely not a scrap of confidence in there. That is something that the support can change for the better.

pacorosssco
02-01-2012, 11:06 PM
I don't think it's a case of "triers", I just think that two awful previous managers playing players out of position has shattered confidence, and the abuse that some of our players receive from our own support for doing their best in a position they aren't adept in, no wonder there's absolutely no confidence, and I wouldn't blame the likes of Wotherspoon to not give a **** about playing for the jersey. If you, week in week out at your job received the abuse from the stands that he has done, would you give a ****?

The team do want to win, there's just absolutely not a scrap of confidence in there. That is something that the support can change for the better.

did the team show they wanted it today? was there abuse from the stands today? i commend your commitment. been there done it doesnt make bad playes good.

Northernhibee
02-01-2012, 11:18 PM
did the team show they wanted it today? was there abuse from the stands today? i commend your commitment. been there done it doesnt make bad playes good.

But it can instill confidence and a reason to fight for players who have neither.

The position we're in isn't the supporters fault - but we can make it so if we want.

Similarly, we can make future success our own if we want to.

Each and every one of our individual choices. You choose the latter - well done, you are a supporter. You choose the former - you're a bum on a seat

What do you want to be treated as?

Matty_Jack04
02-01-2012, 11:19 PM
£1000 per week plus some o these guys are being paid and they can't pull the finger oot there @rse unless we're all chanting there names and clapping the fact they can't throw the ball to each other never mind pass it...there balls at there job they get paid by us it's plainly obvious nobody else is telling them there useless at the club so we're doing it, just like the person who pays ur wages would if u where Baws at ur job.

Over paid billy big time nancy boys the lot of them, I'd rather see the 19s take the first team jerseys and leave the rest up to the gods for the season

Northernhibee
02-01-2012, 11:25 PM
£1000 per week plus some o these guys are being paid and they can't pull the finger oot there @rse unless we're all chanting there names and clapping the fact they can't throw the ball to each other never mind pass it...there balls at there job they get paid by us it's plainly obvious nobody else is telling them there useless at the club so we're doing it, just like the person who pays ur wages would if u where Baws at ur job.

Over paid billy big time nancy boys the lot of them, I'd rather see the 19s take the first team jerseys and leave the rest up to the gods for the season

That kind of talk sounds like a yam - "They're baws" etc. FFS, you're supposed to be a supporter man, start acting like one.

You think Fenlon won't be looking where to strengthen, and behind closed doors get stuck in where it's needed? The figure of authority telling them that they're played badly and need to improve - yes, that's motivating when support to improve is given. Hundreds of people who you don't know shouting abuse at you when you're trying your best after months of mismanagement? That's demotivating and an insult.

You can be a supporter or you can be a bum on a seat. It's 100% up to you, but I'd love Easter Road to be made up of the former.

pacorosssco
02-01-2012, 11:45 PM
That kind of talk sounds like a yam - "They're baws" etc. FFS, you're supposed to be a supporter man, start acting like one.

You think Fenlon won't be looking where to strengthen, and behind closed doors get stuck in where it's needed? The figure of authority telling them that they're played badly and need to improve - yes, that's motivating when support to improve is given. Hundreds of people who you don't know shouting abuse at you when you're trying your best after months of mismanagement? That's demotivating and an insult.

You can be a supporter or you can be a bum on a seat. It's 100% up to you, but I'd love Easter Road to be made up of the former.

you should never take the higher ground with another supporter that is 'yam' like

Northernhibee
02-01-2012, 11:59 PM
you should never take the higher ground with another supporter that is 'yam' like

Nah, he's no supporter. He's another moaning bum on a seat. Win, lose or draw, when I'm in Easter Road I'm singing, chanting, offering support.

It's time for a civil war amongst our support. You want to come in, shout abuse at youngsters like Spoony, Booth? Get out of our club - we were up in arms about the tweet that Sportingbet yam made on twitter about Spoony, but we give much worse abuse week in week out to him.

You want to support and drive this team forward? Congratulations, you are a supporter and a true Hibee.

Pick a side. It's either or, you are a supporter or you are not.

RIP
03-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Good thread but don't try and convert everyone - it just won't work.

Far too many fainthearts, jessies and drama queens. Simply do not have the balls to stand up and be counted in a relegation battle.

BroxburnHibee
03-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Nah, he's no supporter. He's another moaning bum on a seat. Win, lose or draw, when I'm in Easter Road I'm singing, chanting, offering support.

It's time for a civil war amongst our support. You want to come in, shout abuse at youngsters like Spoony, Booth? Get out of our club - we were up in arms about the tweet that Sportingbet yam made on twitter about Spoony, but we give much worse abuse week in week out to him.

You want to support and drive this team forward? Congratulations, you are a supporter and a true Hibee.

And who made you judge and jury?

Mikey
03-01-2012, 12:07 AM
Already touched on this in another thread, but our new manager has arguably inherited the biggest challenge that any Hibs manager has faced since Duff Jimmy left, and with it being a real struggle to find suitable players to get in, it's a monumental task to save us from relegation alone this season.

Both Yogi and Calderwood have decimated us to the point where turning us around is a job that will probably take over a season -but there's no point in dwelling over CC's failures - it does no good.

We are in a position where the support is going to get the team we deserve. If we belittle the team and the manager at every corner, the team will not have a confident support to feed off of, and we WILL be a division one side next season.

The teams confidence is shot. We have to play our part in building that confidence that whatever corner of Scotland they play in, they will have as many Hibees singing their hearts out win, lose or draw.

The point of this thread is that if we do not improve as a support, we could play a part into condemning our team to relegation, another new manager, another season of rebuilding.

I don't want any responses of "So it's the supports fault" - it's petty, pointless and above all, it's not the supports fault we are where we are, but again, that's not worth dwelling on as both Yogi and CC have moved on. The point is our teams confidence is shot to pieces and we can play our part in building their confidence levels.

So, what is your new years resolution as a supporter?

Mine is that I've just gotten a new job where for the first time I have weekends off, so I will be attending double the amount of games that I have been able to for the past few months, and if I can afford the travel from Aberdeen, get a season ticket for next year.

You're wasting your time I'm afraid. It's a good effort but you'll be shot down at every turn.

Northernhibee
03-01-2012, 12:07 AM
And who made you judge and jury?

Going by the very definition of what a "supporter" is, you can say if someone's a supporter or not.

Are you going to support, or are you going to moan, whine, and be negative? Your choice.

BroxburnHibee
03-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Going by the very definition of what a "supporter" is, you can say if someone's a supporter or not.

Are you going to support, or are you going to moan, whine, and be negative? Your choice.

Its human nature to be critical when something happens you don't particularly like - are you seriously suggesting the Hibs fans should turn into some sort of glee club?

Northernhibee
03-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Its human nature to be critical when something happens you don't particularly like - are you seriously suggesting the Hibs fans should turn into some sort of glee club?

Naw, I'm suggesting that for once we don't deride the team as useless, or wage thieves, or crap, or talentless and actually start supporting our team. Quite honestly, we are one of the worse fanbases in Scottish football - other teams appear to want their teams to win. A lot of the time with what's said about Hibs on here you'd think it was the Jambo Kickback forums.

As a fanbase, we are as good as the team on the pitch just now. Which one of us will raise our game first to help the other?

Sammy7nil
03-01-2012, 12:14 AM

Absolute nonsense.
Perhaps we should have a dress code and secret handshakes etc

Northernhibee
03-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Absolute nonsense.
Perhaps we should have a dress code and secret handshakes etc

Care to add something to the discussion other than "abolute nonsense"?

Care to suggest how to improve the support we give?

Steve-O
03-01-2012, 12:18 AM
New year resolution - stop thinking we have a chance in derbies. Relax and enjoy life.

BroxburnHibee
03-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Naw, I'm suggesting that for once we don't deride the team as useless, or wage thieves, or crap, or talentless and actually start supporting our team. Quite honestly, we are one of the worse fanbases in Scottish football - other teams appear to want their teams to win. A lot of the time with what's said about Hibs on here you'd think it was the Jambo Kickback forums.

As a fanbase, we are as good as the team on the pitch just now. Which one of us will raise our game first to help the other?

I don't agree that there is a Hibs fan alive who doesn't want their team to win - utter bollocks.

I'd agree that some off the over the top hysteria on these boards is ridiculous but you are confusing messageboards for the whole Hibs support.

I would suggest that the vast majority of Hibs fans still aren't even aware that Hibs.net or the Bounce even exist.

And I think there has been plenty efforts by fans in the past 2 years to 'raise our game' as you put it - unfortunately that hasn't been reciprocated in performances by the team.

Its all too easy to have a go at the fans when we suffer defeats like today - but completely unfounded.

Sammy7nil
03-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Care to add something to the discussion other than "abolute nonsense"?

Care to suggest how to improve the support we give?

Yeah stop making judgements on other fans and stop thinking if fans dont behave like happy clapping robots that they are worse or less of a supporter than you.

Go to the games give players a chance and save the negatives if you must be negative for the final whistle.

Northernhibee
03-01-2012, 12:24 AM
I don't agree that there is a Hibs fan alive who doesn't want their team to win - utter bollocks.

I'd agree that some off the over the top hysteria on these boards is ridiculous but you are confusing messageboards for the whole Hibs support.

I would suggest that the vast majority of Hibs fans still aren't even aware that Hibs.net or the Bounce even exist.

And I think there has been plenty efforts by fans in the past 2 years to 'raise our game' as you put it - unfortunately that hasn't been reciprocated in performances by the team.

Its all too easy to have a go at the fans when we suffer defeats like today - but completely unfounded.

That run of wins in early 2011 - we had the singing section in full voices, the club offering things like Green Day - there was an undeniably positive atmosphere at that time.

We hit the split and the bottom half of the split - and particularly against Aberdeen at Eddie Turnbull's memorial game, we had people leaving early, a piss poor crowd especially given the occasion and the team collapsed at the back.

Against Motherwell near the start of CC's tenure, we came back from 2-1 down, the entire east stand singing "There's only one Ian Murray", and we stood fast against a huge deal of pressure.

We HAVE to stop being fickle, otherwise we WILL deserve to be relegated.

Northernhibee
03-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Yeah stop making judgements on other fans and stop thinking if fans dont behave like happy clapping robots that they are worse or less of a supporter than you.

Go to the games give players a chance and save the negatives if you must be negative for the final whistle.

If you're going to go to the game and be negative, you're neither a fanatic or a supporter. By the very definition of those words.

The term "happy clapper" has become absolutely ludicrous on here, we're the only support possibly in the UK that ridicules those that make an effort to lift our team when we're losing.

If you are a fan or a supporter of Hibernian football club, then be fanatical, and actually support the team - lord knows we need to find an extra 10% from somewhere if we are to remain an SPL side.

Sammy7nil
03-01-2012, 12:33 AM
If you're going to go to the game and be negative, you're neither a fanatic or a supporter. By the very definition of those words.

The term "happy clapper" has become absolutely ludicrous on here, we're the only support possibly in the UK that ridicules those that make an effort to lift our team when we're losing.

If you are a fan or a supporter of Hibernian football club, then be fanatical, and actually support the team - lord knows we need to find an extra 10% from somewhere if we are to remain an SPL side.

Honestly behave.
Not everyone goes to games to sing shout dance and generally act barmy for 90 mins. some of us did that 40 years ago and no matter how you try it will not return. So please stop telling "fans" how to support their team.

Northernhibee
03-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Honestly behave.
Not everyone goes to games to sing shout dance and generally act barmy for 90 mins. some of us did that 40 years ago and no matter how you try it will not return. So please stop telling "fans" how to support their team.

I'm not saying act barmy for 90 minutes, I'm saying support the team. How often have we lost a cheap goal only for the atmosphere to turn really sour?

We're a terrible set of fans, look at the least season Colin Nish had with us, no wonder he was playing poorly. And before you ask, yes, I am saying that is our fault.

Sammy7nil
03-01-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm not saying act barmy for 90 minutes, I'm saying support the team. How often have we lost a cheap goal only for the atmosphere to turn really sour?

We're a terrible set of fans, look at the least season Colin Nish had with us, no wonder he was playing poorly. And before you ask, yes, I am saying that is our fault.

It is not the fans fault players fall over when they are within 5yds of the ball towards the end Nish could not stand up. I
I agree the abuse he got could be over the top but support does not make bad players good it can in the short term give confidence but if your poor your poor and trust me we have a very poor squad.

Northernhibee
03-01-2012, 12:55 AM
It is not the fans fault players fall over when they are within 5yds of the ball towards the end Nish could not stand up. I
I agree the abuse he got could be over the top but support does not make bad players good it can in the short term give confidence but if your poor your poor and trust me we have a very poor squad.

So you agree that the players ability alone might not be enough to beat the likes of St Johnstone, Motherwell etc?

You also admit that confidence can give a short term boost?

Seems to me we need to do everything we can to build the players confidence as a support if we are to survive in the SPL.

Cameron1875
03-01-2012, 02:52 AM
Its really really difficult to continue to cheer and drive the team on when they can't pass a ball back from a throw in or stand next to a man at a corner. The same basic mistakes are just sucking the life out of the crowd imo.

RIP
03-01-2012, 08:44 AM
We don't boo our team
We don't boo our team
We're Hibs supporters
We don't boo our team

If you're gonnae boo the Hibees ff off home
If you're gonnae boo the Hibees ff off home
If you're gonnae boo the Hibees
Gonnae boo the Hibees
Gonnae boo the Hibees ff off home

brisbanehibs
03-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Guys I think the OP makes a very valid point and given I'm Down Under I'll get in quick and accept the fact that I don't have a right to an opinion anyway.

I watched the game live here last night and couldn't get to sleep for ages afterwards because I was so angry at the performance and that's after being away from Edinburgh for over 10 years. It still hurts like hell and to lose in the manner we did and with the set up we did (which was simply Fenlon saying he has no faith in the squad) just beggars belief. At least there's no Yams at work to face in the morning but little compensation....

What the OP is saying is absolutely spot on. We have two choices here. We can start a "get Fenlon out" or "get Petrie out" bandwagon going and I suspect that at times we've all quite enjoyed the "sport" of being a supporter of a "crisis club" and speculating on who the new manager will be? But in all honesty what can that possibly achieve now? With each manager recently we've taken a step further backwards and we're about to go down so can't get much worse....so strikes me that what's being said is that by all means let's start having a go at the team, the manager, the board but be prepared to suffer the consequences as it's a fairly obvious outcome we can expect.

The alternative is to get behind the team in a big way and accept that a) Pat Fenlon is a decent manager with potential who the support should be able to relate to and develop a rapport with far better than we could with the fundamentally dishonest Calderwood and the fundamentally mental Yogi...who will i) make mistakes (post match comment last night for example) ii) be sh**tting himself at what he's inherited and iii) be better placed than our previous 3 incumbents to do something about it over two to three years...b) accept the current crop of players are 1) in general as bad a group of players as we've seen at the club for decades (and I was brought up on Benny Brazil & Co) 2) absolutely shot confidence wise (SO obvious from the display last night) 3) as keen as we are to avoid going down, hard though that may seem to believe. 4) on the way out over time as Pat rebuilds the team from top to bottom. c) accept that Hibs, unlike Hearts, will spend within their means which means not much more to spend than the other non OF clubs especially as the support walks away which means that i) we won't solve our problems which run so very deep with January signings ii) we may well go down and iii) we may need to just to give Pat Fenlon the breathing space to rebuild a broken club.

None of the above makes pleasant reading but which bit of this isn't true?

The one thing we have an absolute right to expect is that Pat Fenlon is honest with the support and I was staggered last night to hear him say we didn't deserve to lose. Hopefully that's a one off because what CC, Yogi and to some extent Mixu did was to alienate the support with much of their post match guff and Pat Fenlon has a chance to avoid the same mistake and rebuild some trust.

Well done NorthernHibbee for your post and sticking with the club. Again, I've no right to comment but anyone who has the energy to pursue the players/manager/board over the next few weeks should take a cold hard look at the club we all love and be a bit more honest with themselves and give supporting the players and manager a go - we've nothing to lose and everything to gain....

Off for a lie down...feel better now.

RIP
03-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Guys I think the OP makes a very valid point and given I'm Down Under I'll get in quick and accept the fact that I don't have a right to an opinion anyway.

I watched the game live here last night and couldn't get to sleep for ages afterwards because I was so angry at the performance and that's after being away from Edinburgh for over 10 years. It still hurts like hell and to lose in the manner we did and with the set up we did (which was simply Fenlon saying he has no faith in the squad) just beggars belief. At least there's no Yams at work to face in the morning but little compensation....

What the OP is saying is absolutely spot on. We have two choices here. We can start a "get Fenlon out" or "get Petrie out" bandwagon going and I suspect that at times we've all quite enjoyed the "sport" of being a supporter of a "crisis club" and speculating on who the new manager will be? But in all honesty what can that possibly achieve now? With each manager recently we've taken a step further backwards and we're about to go down so can't get much worse....so strikes me that what's being said is that by all means let's start having a go at the team, the manager, the board but be prepared to suffer the consequences as it's a fairly obvious outcome we can expect.

The alternative is to get behind the team in a big way and accept that a) Pat Fenlon is a decent manager with potential who the support should be able to relate to and develop a rapport with far better than we could with the fundamentally dishonest Calderwood and the fundamentally mental Yogi...who will i) make mistakes (post match comment last night for example) ii) be sh**tting himself at what he's inherited and iii) be better placed than our previous 3 incumbents to do something about it over two to three years...b) accept the current crop of players are 1) in general as bad a group of players as we've seen at the club for decades (and I was brought up on Benny Brazil & Co) 2) absolutely shot confidence wise (SO obvious from the display last night) 3) as keen as we are to avoid going down, hard though that may seem to believe. 4) on the way out over time as Pat rebuilds the team from top to bottom. c) accept that Hibs, unlike Hearts, will spend within their means which means not much more to spend than the other non OF clubs especially as the support walks away which means that i) we won't solve our problems which run so very deep with January signings ii) we may well go down and iii) we may need to just to give Pat Fenlon the breathing space to rebuild a broken club.

None of the above makes pleasant reading but which bit of this isn't true?

The one thing we have an absolute right to expect is that Pat Fenlon is honest with the support and I was staggered last night to hear him say we didn't deserve to lose. Hopefully that's a one off because what CC, Yogi and to some extent Mixu did was to alienate the support with much of their post match guff and Pat Fenlon has a chance to avoid the same mistake and rebuild some trust.

Well done NorthernHibbee for your post and sticking with the club. Again, I've no right to comment but anyone who has the energy to pursue the players/manager/board over the next few weeks should take a cold hard look at the club we all love and be a bit more honest with themselves and give supporting the players and manager a go - we've nothing to lose and everything to gain....

Off for a lie down...feel better now.

I think it's starting to sink in that getting behind the club is our onlly option. Fight or flight. Some won't have the stomach for it. I think most of us will.

King Paddy
04-01-2012, 12:37 AM
excuse me mate over the last 4years when was the last time you any of you actually saw hibs dominating a game?, I certainly have'nt and this reflects in the apathy of the supporters. Look at the stats over this period shots on goal, corners, shots off target, goals, freekicks etc, every team we have played have had more possession than us which leads to ***** results. It's defo not the fans who are to blame. The team on the park need to lift and galvanise us.