PDA

View Full Version : John Budgie Burridge

MrSmith
02-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm currently reading his most excellent biography! Got me thinking how much I would love to see him coaching at Hibs. Even at the age of 61 he would certainly be fitter than most and give that lazy bunch of so-called professional a boot right up the @rse in terms of diet, fitness and training.

Steven_Hibs
02-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Aye but then the players would go whinging to Petrie :wink:

Sammy7nil
02-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Budgie would have to learn to speak English to be a coach and that aint gonna happen.

MrSmith
02-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Budgie would have to learn to speak English to be a coach and that aint gonna happen.

dinnae care about the language as long as he booted them in to touch!

Jonnyboy
02-01-2012, 10:52 PM
dinnae care about the language as long as he booted them in to touch!

Yep he could hand out the Hately treatment to scare the buggers rigid :greengrin

MrSmith
02-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Yep he could hand out the Hately treatment to scare the buggers rigid :greengrin

Sparked a memory of a past event, you'll need to remind me of the 'Hately' effect. :greengrin

Steve-O
03-01-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm currently reading his most excellent biography! Got me thinking how much I would love to see him coaching at Hibs. Even at the age of 61 he would certainly be fitter than most and give that lazy bunch of so-called professional a boot right up the @rse in terms of diet, fitness and training.

Was talking about this earlier and how he said Hibs were the most depressing dressing room he had ever set eyes on. He helped galvanise the squad and we all know what happened next. We do need a talisman at the club, no doubt.