PDA

View Full Version : Derby Game Player Ratings ?

The Voice Of Reason
02-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Couldn't make the game today and didn't watch it on telly.

Yet another sh&te result obviously, but are there any player ratings from today ? (apologies if I have missed the thread).

Cheers. :aok:

HibeeSince85
02-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Stack - 7

Hanlon - 5
Murray - 5
O'Hanlon - 4
Booth - 4

Sproule - 5
Scott - 5
Stevenson -6
Pallson - 4
Galbraith - 6

Griffiths - 6

Edit: I do realise I've arsed up the team slightly, I blame watching Hibs over the last few years, but those are my ratings anyway.

bob12345
02-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Here are mine...

Stack - 7

Booth - 5
O'Hanlon - 3
Murray - 5
Hanlon - 6

Sproule - 4
Palsson - 3
Scott - 5
Stevenson - 6
Galbraith - 6

Griffiths - 6

-------------

Subs didn't have enough time to get a rating.

-------------

Manager - 5

Clearly has the team, on the whole, fighting again - but isn't doing a good enough job of masking the weaknesses. Hearts changed to a 4-4-2 with half an hour to go and it stifled our momentum, and we didn't respond at all. Don't get me wrong, his job just now is near impossible, he could have chosen 10 different lineups today and 9 of them would have lost.

Wotherspiniesta
02-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Stack- 6

Hanlon- 3
O'Hanlon- 6
Murray- 5
Booth- 4

Palsson- 4
Scott- 4
Stevenson- 4
Galbraith- 6
Sproule- 3

Griffiths- 5

Elephant Stone
02-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Stack- 8

Hanlon- 4
O'Hanlon- 4
Murray- 6
Booth- 4

Sproule- 3
Palsson- 7
Scott- 3
Stevenson- 6
Galbraith- 3

Griffiths- 7

AL-Qaholik
02-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Stack- 7

Hanlon- 4
O'Hanlon- 4
Murray- 6
Booth- 4

Sproule- 3
Palsson- 6
Scott- 2
Stevenson- 6
Galbraith- 4

Griffiths- 5

Fenlon - 4

hfcpaul
02-01-2012, 09:11 PM
stack 7 saved penalty , couple of good saves , offside player in his way for there first

booth 6 tried hard , couple of mistakes , bit sloppy
murray 6 tried , passing could be better
o,hanlan 7 best defender , worked hard , one of his better games
hanlan 5 left foot at right back ????, never got close enough most of the time

galbraith 2 at best , would have been better if he sat in stand
scott 7 never gave up , running on empty , should have been subbed earlier . mom
stevenson 6 tried hard
palsson 6 tried hard , better than he has been recently
sproule 5 didnt know he was playing first half , better in second

griffiths 6 tried hard , holds off defenders well but no one there to get his knock downs
subs ????? no time , should have been on 15 min earlier

greenlex
02-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Stack -7 for the penalty save alone which was top drawer.
Booth-5 defended ok but his choice of pass was poor and rarely well executed.
OHanlon- 5 won hs fair share in the air but positioning as usual a bit suspect.
Murray- 5 Battled away manfully but s sadly passed his best. Not bad but not great.
Hanlon-5 actually did pretty well at right back but allowed Templeton too much room cutting inside in the first half making him look better than he actually is. Don't understand that as he was cutting inside onto Hanlons natural tackling foot. Had his gas on peep the second haf. Might have got a 6 but for that woeful attempt at a cross late on.
Sproule-2 a complete passenger I'm afraid.
Palsson-4 a better option in there than Towell but only just.
Scott-5 played in an advanced role and did ok but we sorely miss Ozzy in tht role. Mst be soul destroying covering as much ofthe park only to win the ball or receive the all and have no one moving to receive it.
Stevenson -6 another decent shift from him. Booked early on and possibly affected his tackling fr a wee while. Needs to learn to pas the ball forward.
Galbraith-4 better second half after a quiet first. Heart of a chicken but that could be overlooked if when he has the ball he actually had an end product.
Griffiths-5 Did well against the bigger men but needs to cut out the nonsense with his mouth. I took a point of for a stupid verbal nonsense spat with Hamill after their third. To be honest Hamill won by just showing him 3 fingers.

I think the team tried hard enough but majority just don't have it. Whether that's confidence or thy never had Tito start with I don't know.

Sammy7nil
02-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Stack- 8

Hanlon- 4
O'Hanlon- 4
Murray- 6
Booth- 4

Sproule- 3
Palsson- 7
Scott- 3
Stevenson- 6
Galbraith- 3

Griffiths- 7

That has to be a wind up he was the worst player on the park bar none.

Makaveli
02-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Stack 6

Hanlon 4
Murray 5
O'Hanlon 5
Booth 6

Sproule 6
Scott 5
Palsson 6
Stevenson 7
Galbraith 5

Griffiths 5

pacorosssco
02-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Stack- 6 not at fault for goals but crap and doesnt organise defence. made a catch. shouldnt be in pub after gettin humped. should not be kept on

Hanlon- 6 crap but could improve not a right back
O'Hanlon- 4 crap. always lets the ball bounce which causes problems.
Murray- 6 good game at ch. tried and cared. at least can look for ball out rather than hoof.
Booth- 4. crap but could improve. back to brechin or whatever on loan

Sproule- 2 crap . wont inprove .less heart than previous stint. hothead .useless
Palsson- 4. crap. doesnt want to improve
Scott- 6. crap. at least tries to be crap
Stevenson- 3. crap. could do better. annonomus
Galbraith- 0. crap full stop heart of a fly. get rid asap

Griffiths- 8. with better team would florish

jax67
02-01-2012, 09:33 PM
stack- 8

hanlon- 4
o'hanlon- 4
murray- 6
booth- 4

sproule- 3
palsson- 7
scott- 3
stevenson- 6
galbraith- 3

griffiths- 7

your the first person to notice that galbraith only once managed to get his cross past the first defender. 3 is a bit high though.

jax67
02-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Stack- 6 not at fault for goals but crap and doesnt organise defence. made a catch. shouldnt be in pub after gettin humped. should not be kept on

Hanlon- 6 crap but could improve not a right back
O'Hanlon- 4 crap. always lets the ball bounce which causes problems.
Murray- 6 good game at ch. tried and cared. at least can look for ball out rather than hoof.
Booth- 4. crap but could improve. back to brechin or whatever on loan

Sproule- 2 crap . wont inprove .less heart than previous stint. hothead .useless
Palsson- 4. crap. doesnt want to improve
Scott- 6. crap. at least tries to be crap
Stevenson- 3. crap. could do better. annonomus
Galbraith- 0. crap full stop heart of a fly. get rid asap

Griffiths- 8. with better team would florish

When you next see the penalty incident, ask yourself why Stack doesnt slide out and gather the ball with his hands. Agree with most of this, Stevenson deserves a break he always tries to find a pass, not his fault that his team mates hide. Stevenson is a squad plater imo but right now(excluding today) he is the only midfielder we have who looks like a footballer.

LaMotta
02-01-2012, 09:40 PM
stack 7 saved penalty , couple of good saves , offside player in his way for there first

booth 6 tried hard , couple of mistakes , bit sloppy
murray 6 tried , passing could be better
o,hanlan 7 best defender , worked hard , one of his better games
hanlan 5 left foot at right back ????, never got close enough most of the time

galbraith 2 at best , would have been better if he sat in stand
scott 7 never gave up , running on empty , should have been subbed earlier . mom
stevenson 6 tried hard
palsson 6 tried hard , better than he has been recently
sproule 5 didnt know he was playing first half , better in second

griffiths 6 tried hard , holds off defenders well but no one there to get his knock downs
subs ????? no time , should have been on 15 min earlier

broadly agree with these marks:agree:

jax67
02-01-2012, 09:41 PM
When you next see the penalty incident, ask yourself why Stack doesnt slide out and gather the ball with his hands. Agree with most of this, Stevenson deserves a break he always tries to find a pass, not his fault that his team mates hide. Stevenson is a squad plater imo but right now(excluding today) he is the only midfielder we have who looks like a footballer.

And if you think you saw Murray try and make a pass today, you should have gone to specsavers:agree:

hibsbollah
02-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Its almost irrelevant to look at individual ratings when we were collectively so bad, and some of these players shouldnt be playing at this level anyway, but here goes...

Stack 7

Hanlon 5
Murray 4
O'Hanlon 4
Booth 3

Sproule 5 1st half disaster, 2nd half OK.
Scott 5
Stevenson 5
Palsson 5 much better than I expected today. Still think hes not good enough.
Galbraith 4 the new AOB. without the motorbike.

Griffiths 7 Credit for the second half, the best 45 minutes since he's arrived.

madabouthibs
02-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Stack 8 - Kept us in the game as long as he could

Hanlon 4 out of position, and it showed
Murray 6 good effort, but always looks heavily laboured nowadays.
O'Hanlon 5 No good in the air for a CH his size, headers going all over the place.
Booth 4 Lost all confidence, reluctant to commit himself to runs, needs to practice his crossing

Sproule 3 Don't think he took one defender on today. He'll never get close to what he was the first time he played for us.
Scott 6 worked tirelessly, decent performance but should have been subbed earlier.
Palsson 4 Can't believe we've got a song about this guy!!
Stevenson 7 plays the simple stuff when required, definitely not a flair player but fully committed and at least he can short pass with some degree of accuracy.
Galbraith 3 Along with Sproule seemed unwilling to make piercing runs, either down the wings or in the middle. These two were obviously in the side for by-line runs and pinging some crosses in.

Griffiths 4 Not a lone striker, can't seem to hold the ball up, hustled off the ball too easily.

Fenlon 4 Think the tactics were not bad, but the players he used for certain roles were wrong. Failed miserably at substitutions.

pacorosssco
02-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Galbaith the new Joe Tortolano without the skill,goals, flair ,flamboyence,commitment, heart, abilty or looks.

HFC 0-7
02-01-2012, 09:56 PM

Because it was a backpass from Booth!!!!

LaMotta
02-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Its almost irrelevant to look at individual ratings when we were collectively so bad, and some of these players shouldnt be playing at this level anyway, but here goes...

Stack 7

Hanlon 5
Murray 4
O'Hanlon 4
Booth 3

Sproule 5 1st half disaster, 2nd half OK.
Scott 5
Stevenson 5
Palsson 5 much better than I expected today. Still think hes not good enough.
Galbraith 4 the new AOB. without the motorbike.

Griffiths 7 Credit for the second half, the best 45 minutes since he's arrived.

:agree: at the inverness game the other day I got this weird flashback of AOB prompting me to google him to find out what he has been up to since he left us (Swindon 33 Games, 0 goals, Yeovil 11 games 0 goals.....).

When i thought about why the frightening vision of O'Brien arose, i realised that it was without doubt because of Galbraith's scary similarity to him:

Fast
Half Decent left foot
No Right Foot
Heartless in the challenge
No idea how to beat a man
No idea how to make himself available for a pass
Crap

pacorosssco
02-01-2012, 10:00 PM
:agree: at the inverness game the other day I got this weird flashback of AOB prompting me to google him to find out what he has been up to since he left us (Swindon 33 Games, 0 goals, Yeovil 11 games 0 goals.....).

When i thought about why the frightening vision of O'Brien arose, i realised that it was without doubt because of Galbraith's scary similarity to him:

Fast
Half Decent left foot
No Right Foot
Heartless in the challenge
No idea how to beat a man
No idea how to make himself available for a pass
Crap

thats all you needed

Eyrie
02-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Fair point.

I criticised Stack earlier for not going down for the ball, but that explains why.

cocopops1875
02-01-2012, 10:19 PM
worst comment today (the stack one)

cocopops1875
02-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Also in fairness to stack he is inclined to stand in 1 on1 situations to a high degree of success

Wotherspiniesta
02-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Don't see why Galbraith is getting so much stick to be honest. I thought he was decent today. Needs to work on his shooting though.

nortonhibby
02-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Couldn't make the game today and didn't watch it on telly.

Yet another sh&te result obviously, but are there any player ratings from today ? (apologies if I have missed the thread).

Cheers. :aok:

well thats ian murrays last game for us in a derby:pfgwa

hibsbollah
02-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Don't see why Galbraith is getting so much stick to be honest.

I'll help you. He was ****ing ganting from start to finish.

To be fair though, his christian name does him no favours. There are no good footballing 'dannys'. Dyer? Radcliffe? La Rue?

oooo i forgot blanchflower.

bob12345
02-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Fair point.

I criticised Stack earlier for not going down for the ball, but that explains why.

He still went for it with his wrong foot. Could have comfortably sidefooted the ball out of play with his left, but took a wild swing with his right.

basehibby
02-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Stack - 8- could do nothing about the goals and a great tip over plus the penalty save earns him MOM
Hanlon - 5 - played out of position on the right - managed to hold it together defensively but not offering much in attack
Murray - 6 - provided a much needed bit of leadership in defence
O'Hanlon - 5 - Looking a bit more settled but still a couple of flaky moments
Booth - 5 - played with his head up always looking for the pass but sometimes looked off the pace - disastrous error led to Stack penalty save
Sproule - 5 - worked hard but offered nothing special
Scott - 5 - worked his socks off but does not have the class to play as the attacking point of a midfield trangle on this display
Stevenson -5 - usual hard working display without much to show for it
Pallson - 6 - looked really up for this game and made his presence felt
Galbraith - 5 - a couple of moments but not nearly enough to trouble the jambos defence consistently
Griffiths - 6 - won some good ball and showed some good touches - but not enough to make the breakthrough

O'Connor and Doyle - Not enough time on the pitch to make an impact

Fenlon - 5 - an improved performance level had the game in the balance with 5 mins to go but reticence to put the forwards on and go for the points handed the initiative to the Jambos.

matty_f
02-01-2012, 11:00 PM
I'll help you. He was ****ing ganting from start to finish.

To be fair though, his christian name does him no favours. There are no good footballing 'dannys'. Dyer? Radcliffe? La Rue?

oooo i forgot blanchflower.
:agree: I don't think Galbraith is ever going to be good enough at this level. Could give praise for the involvement in the goal, but if you actually watch it he plays the ball behind Griffiths and it wasn't going to fall to a Hibs player if Zaliukas hadn't intervened.

Wotherspiniesta
02-01-2012, 11:12 PM
If this is the stick Galbraith gets, I'd hate to hear people's opinions on Ivans 'performance' today. I thought Danny was a bit more direct today and gets over the top stick on here. Maybe that's just my opinion though. Don't get me wrong, he's not brilliant, but he's certainly not as bad as some folk on here are making out IMO.

dp00
02-01-2012, 11:21 PM
My ratings

Stack - 7 - decent save from penalty and came off his line on a few occasions

Hanlon - 5 - out of position
Murray - 5 - not his best or worst game
O'Hanlon - 6 - thought he had a decent game , Won everything in air
Booth - 5 - bad mistake at a time when everyone looked nervous

Sproule - 4 - 1st half anonymous 2nd half came into it a bit more
Scott - 7 - ran his socks off, only 1 moving at throw ins, needed subbed at 70mins tho
Stevenson -6 - steady game, early booking affected his tackling
Pallson - 5 - best game in a while
Galbraith - 5 - he made the goal, that is all

Griffiths - 6 - tried hard, is actually really good at getting the flick ons , needed help tho

Everyone in the stadium could see we needed to make a sub around 65/70min mark, should have brought Doyle on to give the crowd a lift.

There is slight improvement in the team, but only a slight improvement. Its going to be a hard slog but hopefully with a 3/4 good signings In the January window we can get clear of the relegation zone ...

Albion Hibs
02-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Stack - 7

Hanlon - 6
Murray - 6
O'Hanlon - 6
Booth - 4

Sproule - 5
Scott - 5
Stevenson -5
Pallson - 4
Galbraith - 4

Griffiths - 5

I thought our back four by in large did pretty well. Their first should have been offside and Palsson should have done better for their second, his concentration does not go 90 mins.

I was pretty concerned to see Hanlon at RB but thought he was solid in the tackle and worked hard. Our midfield offered little and I would expect to see a central midfielder come in during this window if we are going to improve / give our wide players and strikers a chance.

As well as Stevenson has done he offers nothing going forward, and this two sitting midfielder formation seems to be inviting pressure as apposed to protecting our back four.

I thought Murray and O'Hanlon won just about everything in the air and as a back four we looked okay.

Was pretty disappointed that we only made changes when the game disappeared from our control. They made subs which changed the game, and I think it was their for the taking if we had shown the initiative and made our changes first. Bring on two players with 5 mins to go, does nothing other than waste time, and I would put the blame at Fenlon's door on that front.

matty_f
02-01-2012, 11:41 PM
If this is the stick Galbraith gets, I'd hate to hear people's opinions on Ivans 'performance' today. I thought Danny was a bit more direct today and gets over the top stick on here. Maybe that's just my opinion though. Don't get me wrong, he's not brilliant, but he's certainly not as bad as some folk on here are making out IMO.

Ivan was worse.:agree:

Cropley10
02-01-2012, 11:44 PM

Ivan is likely playing a man short. Simply cannot beat a man anymore. Looks like a amateur player.

Cropley10
02-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Stack 7

Hanlon 5
Murray 6
O Hanlon 4
Booth 4

Sproule 1
Lewis 5
Palsson 5
Scott 5
Danny 2

Leigh 5

basehibby
03-01-2012, 12:20 AM

Rather than arguing over who was the worst - who do you think was the best outfield player (Stack obvious MOM for me)?

I thought Griffiths had a good game

matty_f
03-01-2012, 12:24 AM
Rather than arguing over who was the worst - who do you think was the best outfield player (Stack obvious MOM for me)?

I thought Griffiths had a good game

I thought Scott had a good game, chased everything down, got stuck in, tried to get forward to help Griffiths and got back to help Stevenson.

Thought O'Hanlon did ok too, but that doesn't appear to be the general consensus!

Griffiths put in his best performance for us as well, IMHO.

LaMotta
03-01-2012, 12:28 AM
I thought Scott had a good game, chased everything down, got stuck in, tried to get forward to help Griffiths and got back to help Stevenson.

Thought O'Hanlon did ok too, but that doesn't appear to be the general consensus!

Griffiths put in his best performance for us as well, IMHO.

Agree with this Scott was good (until he was obviously knackered.....) and don't think O' hanlon is as as bad as many make out (third goal apart, but game over by then)...... Griffiths had some great touches , shame he was so isolated.

basehibby
03-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Agree with this Scott was good (until he was obviously knackered.....) and don't think O' hanlon is as as bad as many make out (third goal apart, but game over by then)...... Griffiths had some great touches , shame he was so isolated.

I thought Scott had a decent game as well and certainly didn't lack for effort - I just think that the position he was playing requires a bit more panache than he is capable of delivering - best example being a potential counter attack midway through the 2nd half which broke down due to his failure to make a simple 20 yd pass out to the wing - I had my head in my hands as it was a genuine oportunity spurned.

CmoantheHibs
03-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Stack 7 Had good game.Even took a couple of crosses.
Hanlon 5 Did well enough defensively except for a short time after his booking where he looked nervous.Offered very little going forward.
OHanlon 6 Thought he did well in open play,winning everything in the air, but seems to lose men at dead ball situations.
Murray 6 Solid enough.
Booth 4 Poor defensively but looks much more comfortable in more advanced positions.
Sproule 4 Tried hard without much success.
Stevenson 4 Tried hard but didnt really contribute much.
Palsson 5 Put in a few good tackles.
Scott 6 Wasnt afraid to get on the ball but lack of options didnt help him.
Galbraith 3 Tried hard without much success.
Griffiths 5 Did well on a few occasions but the lack of support left him chasing shadows most of the game.

I thought the subs came 15 minutes too late.I really dont think we have good enough wide players to play this system.Booth could be moved further up but I dont know who we could play on the right.We badly miss Osbourne in the centre too.Good move putting Hanlon at rb.My opinion was that Hearts had highlighted this as a weak spot and expected Hart to play so focussed their attacks down that side in the 1st half.For the most part Hanlon and Sproule coped well with it.

LaMotta
03-01-2012, 12:56 AM
I thought Scott had a decent game as well and certainly didn't lack for effort - I just think that the position he was playing requires a bit more panache than he is capable of delivering - best example being a potential counter attack midway through the 2nd half which broke down due to his failure to make a simple 20 yd pass out to the wing - I had my head in my hands as it was a genuine oportunity spurned.

Canny disagree with that. I actually think he'd be better up front - has a few nice touches and has a good strike on him (although this assessment is half based on the league cup game when he scored a couple and murray's testimonial where he also scored, so i may be talking nonsense)

Burgh Hibby
03-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Fenlon - 1

Stack - 8
Hanlon - 5
O Hanlon - 2
Murray - 7
Booth -6

Palson 7
Stevenson -6
Scott - 1
Sproule - 6
Galbraith - 6

Griffiths - 7

jax67
03-01-2012, 08:00 AM

i know the backpass was from Booth! My point is, Stack tried to kick it rather than gather it with his hands.

jax67
03-01-2012, 08:06 AM
worst comment today (the stack one)

You seriously think Stack should come come out from his left side and tr toclear a ball with his right foot,
rather than go for it wih his hands? Heres me thinking all this time that goalies use there hands too. Just
shows ye, the modern game and that.

CmoantheHibs
03-01-2012, 08:08 AM
i know the backpass was from Booth! My point is, Stack tried to kick it rather than gather it with his hands.

Keepers arent allowed to pick up backpasses.

cocopops1875
03-01-2012, 08:16 AM
You seriously think Stack should come come out from his left side and tr toclear a ball with his right foot,
rather than go for it wih his hands? Heres me thinking all this time that goalies use there hands too. Just
Before making a tool of yourself on a forum its best to have a basic knowledge of the subject matter

Aldo
03-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Watched the game on Telly and it was painful watching. Have waited to post my ratings as was in bad mood

Stack - 7 came for a number of crosses, faultless at penalty, some excellent saves. Nae chance for goals

Hanlon - 5 three different positions already for this young man. Did ok in spells

Booth - 4. This lad lacks confidence. Woeful pass back for pen and some poor distribution.

Murray - 5 dragged all over the place covering for O Hanlon.

O Hanlon - 4 let the ball bounce time and time again. Runs like he's wearing lead boots. Sorry not a CH.

Pallsson - 4 for me he hid and was overrun by black. Lost just about every 50/50 looked uninterested IMHO

Scott - 5 and only cos he kept running. Sorry but not good enough

Stevenson - 6 along with Griffiths let down by his team mates. Tried and got stuck in. Even tried to put his foot on ball but was not supported.

Sproule and Galbraith - barring 1 half decent cross between them - at OG they did nowt between them... Sorry they were woeful and were empty jerseys IMHO. They bring nothing to the team.

Griffiths 7. I have given this because if anyone doesn't think that he is good enough to play for us then watch yesterday. He made intelligent runs held up play as best he could and ran an harried. He was isolated for the best part but was our best player IMHO

There that's that done. Willing to discuss my reasoning in more depth.

Big Ed
03-01-2012, 08:32 AM

It is no defence, to examine Galbraith’s performance yesterday and conclude that at least he was better than Sproule. Both of them were/are passengers.

Beefster
03-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Stack - 7 - Couple of decent saves.

Booth - 4 - Thought he was rubbish. Needs to keep his head up if he makes a mistake - wasn't interested in doing his job when the penalty was about to be taken.

O'Hanlon - 5 - Mediocre.

Murray - 5 - Mediocre. Needs to move on.

Hanlon - 4 - I can't understand why he's so highly rated. Gets an extra point for being played on the wrong side.

Galbraith - 3 - His chicken-heartedness makes Liam Miller look like Norman Hunter. Three bonus points for putting the ball in that led to our goal.

Stevenson - 5 - Tries really hard but just isn't very good.

Scott - 5 - Added a bit of bite but isn't very good.

Palsson - 3 - Liability. No concentration whatsoever.

Sproule - 2 - Whatever we're paying him, it's too much by whatever we're paying him. Another Hart / De Graaf IMHO. Two bonus points for his hattrick at Ibrox.

Griffiths - 6 - His best game in a Hibs shirt. It was good to see a Hibs player who can jump and get both feet off the ground.

Fenlon - 3 - Rubbish team, rubbish tactics, subs too late. Must do better.

Beefster
03-01-2012, 08:40 AM

http://howlingforjustice.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/epic-fail.jpg

Big Ed
03-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Fenlon - 3 - Rubbish team, rubbish tactics, subs too late. Must do better.

I largely agree with your match markings but I feel your criticism of Fenlon is a bit unfair.
We were better in the second half, up to the period when Hearts scored their second. IMO our main problem is that we cannot keep any quality possession and that we are vulnerable to any opposition who can.
In the second half, up to the point when they scored their second goal, I thought that Hearts (with the exception of Black) were equally ragged in possession too.
Fenlon knows he has inherited a poor squad of players and I suspect that grinding out a battling draw would have been something for him to build on. Instead, we lose a goal from a ****ing throw in!
His tactics were the same as Hearts’ : 4-5-1 with two wide men and as for his subs, Wotherspoon is ready to come on when they score and I suspect that he had concerns over the fitness of both Doyle and O’Connor.

gussyboy
03-01-2012, 09:37 AM
they were all sh*te.

Since90+2
03-01-2012, 09:47 AM

This is surely a windup?

cocopops1875
03-01-2012, 09:57 AM
This is surely a windup?

Has to be mate, I feel dirty for being drawn in lol

Scouse Hibee
03-01-2012, 10:47 AM

:faf: Are you on the wind up?

jax67
03-01-2012, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=CmoantheHibs;3060774]Keepers arent allowed to pick up backpasses.[

still has to dive on it for me.

cocopops1875
03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=CmoantheHibs;3060774]Keepers arent allowed to pick up backpasses.[

? I'm baffled

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Stack 7

Hanlon 4
O'Hanlon 4
Murray 5
Booth 3

Sproule 5
Palsson 4
Scott 5
Stevenson 4
Galbraith 4

Griffiths 6

Eyrie
03-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Keepers arent allowed to pick up backpasses.[

On the basis that those indirect free kicks never come to anything because the defending team simply stands on the line and blocks the shot? I suppose so, although I'd be worried if they took aim on where Galbraith was standing.

Of course, if Booth had put more pace on the pass back then Stack would have got there first and cleared it with his foot.