PDA

View Full Version : Note To Pat Fenlon

horseflesh
02-01-2012, 07:24 PM
No, we never deserved a point and we also expect to put any visiting teamsunder some sustained pressure - today was not acceptable

stanton10
02-01-2012, 09:19 PM
No, we never deserved a point and we also expect to put any visiting teamsunder some sustained pressure - today was not acceptable

I agree good post but he does not agree with you, if you listen to his interview

Northernhibee
02-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Oh for crying out loud...

Pat Fenlon has inherited one of the worst Hibs teams of all time - and one with no confidence. Turning that around takes more than weeks, months or even a full season.

We need someone to come in and remain positive rather than the dour Calderwood, someone who takes no **** in training and it appears that Fenlon is the man.

Both Calderwood and Yogi have left us in the ****,but rather than dwell on that, it's time to give unreserved support to Nutsy and the team, we HAVE to stick with him, we cannot stick with changing managers and squads every single season.

Fenlon has shown he can win trophies, leagues - the man knows how to win. It's as big a task as any Hibernian manager has inherited, so rather than threads like this, accept we're battling against relegation this season and moaning and anger won't change that, it's time to show we support him in making the changes we need to make us a winning team.

I support and trust Pat Fenlon into turning us into the third force of Scottish football - it's just a huge task that will not happen overnight or overseason.

GGTTH

Paisley Hibby
02-01-2012, 09:49 PM

Pat Fenlon has inherited one of the worst Hibs teams of all time - and one with no confidence. Turning that around takes more than weeks, months or even a full season.

We need someone to come in and remain positive rather than the dour Calderwood, someone who takes no **** in training and it appears that Fenlon is the man.

Both Calderwood and Yogi have left us in the ****,but rather than dwell on that, it's time to give unreserved support to Nutsy and the team, we HAVE to stick with him, we cannot stick with changing managers and squads every single season.

Fenlon has shown he can win trophies, leagues - the man knows how to win. It's as big a task as any Hibernian manager has inherited, so rather than threads like this, accept we're battling against relegation this season and moaning and anger won't change that, it's time to show we support him in making the changes we need to make us a winning team.

I support and trust Pat Fenlon into turning us into the third force of Scottish football - it's just a huge task that will not happen overnight or overseason.

GGTTH

:top marks

The Sea-gull
02-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Neither extreme criticism or defence of Pat Fenlon are appropriate right now. Far too early for either. He has been poor so far though but does have the mitigation of having to suffer the worst squad we have had in a long time. It looks as though staying up would now be a "success" this season and anything more a bonus.

monktonharp
02-01-2012, 10:50 PM
the new Hibernian manager shat himself when his team managed to get a foothold on the game today, only my opinion of course but we got ourselves back into the game,maybe a bit lucky getting our equaliser so quickly but we were getting on top of a pish Hertz team, and he had the resources on the bench tae finish them off but refused to use them until it was too late. O'Connor,Witherspoon,and new boy were much better options than half our team today and with half an hour to go they were fresh legs, and Doyle would have been itching to show what he can do. he shat it, and I was surprised that BB didnae put his oar in, to try and force his hand.

monktonharp
02-01-2012, 10:55 PM
I agree good post but he does not agree with you, if you listen to his interview not listened to his words, but it looked like he wanted to settle for a point,instead of going for a win which was there for the taking.

lucky
02-01-2012, 10:58 PM
the new Hibernian manager shat himself when his team managed to get a foothold on the game today, only my opinion of course but we got ourselves back into the game,maybe a bit lucky getting our equaliser so quickly but we were getting on top of a pish Hertz team, and he had the resources on the bench tae finish them off but refused to use them until it was too late. O'Connor,Witherspoon,and new boy were much better options than half our team today and with half an hour to go they were fresh legs, and Doyle would have been itching to show what he can do. he shat it, and I was surprised that BB didnae put his oar in, to try and force his hand.
I agree 100% with this Fenlon contributed to today loss with his negative tactics but I'm hopeful he will learn

PapillonVert
02-01-2012, 11:04 PM

GGTTH

Thank you, Sir. I concur 100%. :agree:

connerg
02-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Neither extreme criticism or defence of Pat Fenlon are appropriate right now. Far too early for either. He has been poor so far though but does have the mitigation of having to suffer the worst squad we have had in a long time. It looks as though staying up would now be a "success" this season and anything more a bonus.

:top marksAvoiding relegation is our priority but then again CC managed that last season.

PapillonVert
02-01-2012, 11:07 PM
:top marksAvoiding relegation is our priority but then again CC managed that last season.

Without a doubt, that is our aim for the rest of the season. We are in a dogfight with Dunfermline. Let's hope we end up in 11th place!

connerg
02-01-2012, 11:12 PM
not listened to his words, but it looked like he wanted to settle for a point,instead of going for a win which was there for the taking.
:top marksHave to agree, 20 minutes to go if we went for it we would not have lost. Disappointed in the negative tactics from Fenlon. Alex Miller team from the eighties look about it.

nortonhibby
02-01-2012, 11:21 PM
I agree 100% with this Fenlon contributed to today loss with his negative tactics but I'm hopeful he will learn

Yogi was bad:confused: CC WAS PATHETIC:confused: and you think this board has picked a winner in fenlon played 5 lost 4 drawn 1 yip i sure would bet a dog that you did NOT:na na:

Expecting Rain
03-01-2012, 09:59 AM
:top marksHave to agree, 20 minutes to go if we went for it we would not have lost. Disappointed in the negative tactics from Fenlon. Alex Miller team from the eighties look about it.

I must admit memories of Alex Miller games were at the forefront of my mind when watching this, Fenlon needs alot of time but most of it should be watching re-runs of matches involving Hibs this season otherwise he might not be afforded that time, the majority of fans watching the game in the stadium or in the pubs could highlight glaring weaknesses, ie: a left sided centre back should not be playing at right back, a waifer thin striker should not be playing as the lone striker and wingers who doesn`t lift their head when getting into good positions are going to play themselves out of the team, you could add a highly promising youngster should be playing wide left midfield instead of left back and another under 21 international playing in a consistent wide right postion ( Spoony).
I would like to add that set pieces which are supposed to be an advantage especially throw ins which are exceptionally poor and have been for a long time, i would also question the sharpness and lack of mobility in the present team, yesterday there were Hearts players who still had control of the ball even after a poor first touch.
Good luck Paddy you`ll need a lot of it at the moment you will also need emergency backing from the Hibs board even if it has to be in the shape of loans, please lets have no more ageing centre forwards or centre backs who have had numerous clubs and check wikipedia even if you are thinking of exploring that avenue, not an easy fix but getting the basics correct would be a start, then you could get on with the job of proving that you are aware of what is going on and resign the rest us to post match amateur hindsight analysis.