PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets 2012/2013

johnbc70
02-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Well if last year is anything to go by the club will be launching its season ticket offers for next season in around 6 weeks. I just hope they come up with some innovative ideas to help sales. I would like to see anyone buying a full price adult ticket getting a child's ticket for £0. It is a dilemma for the board as they need to sell season tickets but how generous can they be when the funds raised from season ticket will be I am guessing the bulk of PF's budget for the summer.

Sammy7nil
02-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Under 5000 including Kids Students and OAP's looks a certainty.

Nothing Hibs can do in such a short space of time to win fans around.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2012, 05:15 PM
My laddie who is still at school will be 18 in feb which is when the installment plans starts, will I have to apply for an adult ticket for him this time around and adjust it to a student once he enrols at college/uni? Or can I apply for a student one and produce the proof of being a student when he gets it?

Can't believe I have already decided to renew!!!!!

Leith Green
02-01-2012, 05:46 PM
For the first time in my 31 years and the past 20 as a season ticket holder I am considering not purchasing a season ticket next season.
I have come to the end of the road with the current set up Petrie etc, I will not fork out in excess of 400 quid to support an extremely flawed regime. I always have believed in supporting the club through thick and thin, the only way I can make my unhappiness speak is through not purchasing a season ticket though.

The way the genuine supporters are treated by the board is a disgrace, and the way the club is run is purely business first football second.

Sumner
02-01-2012, 05:49 PM
.. no .. no thanks .. but nice of you to ask..

matty_f
02-01-2012, 05:52 PM
I think it's going to have to be a busy and productive January window for Hibs to get season tickets back in any kind of numbers.

I don't think there will be that many folk knocking on the ticket office door desperate to part with their £400-odd quid to watch more of what we've seen this season. I'll renew, but more because I know the club are desperate for the money to improve the team.

Sir David Gray
02-01-2012, 05:53 PM
My laddie who is still at school will be 18 in feb which is when the installment plans starts, will I have to apply for an adult ticket for him this time around and adjust it to a student once he enrols at college/uni? Or can I apply for a student one and produce the proof of being a student when he gets it?

I think I remember seeing this some time (although it's been a long day so don't quote me on it! :greengrin) that as long as you produce the metriculation card before a certain date (again, I think this is some time in September but could be wrong) then you're fine.

Best checking with the club, though, but I think that's how it works.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I think I remember seeing this some time (although it's been a long day so don't quote me on it! :greengrin) that as long as you produce the metriculation card before a certain date (again, I think this is some time in September but could be wrong) then you're fine.

Best checking with the club, though, but I think that's how it works.

Cheers :aok:

Sir David Gray
02-01-2012, 05:55 PM
The numbers could be at an all time low for next season. If we get 5,000 then we'll be doing well.

There's not much demand for season tickets in the first division. :boo hoo:

Saorsa
02-01-2012, 05:58 PM
The numbers could be at an all time low for next season. If we get 5,000 then we'll be doing well.

There's not much demand for season tickets in the first division. :boo hoo:There'll no be much demand for them in the SPL with a 20,000 seater stadium for the viewing of gash fitba.

Franck Stanton
02-01-2012, 06:03 PM
At this time two years ago I swore I wouldn't buy another s/t till things improved. At start of last season, I gave in, and did renew as I listened to my heart and not my head. This time last year, I was cursing myself for being so stupid and during second half of season was giving friends / family the use of the ticket apart from around 2-3 games . At start of this season, I held out until the day before season started and told better half I was going to renew and as I put my coat on to go to do so she "had a word" with me and convinced me to stick to my principles and didn't renew, [first time since I got my first s/t in 1958] This season I haven't been to a game home or away. Still hurts and I still get the urge to go, however, it is becoming easier to just say "phutt it" and do something else. My point is, if this is the case for me, [anyone who knows me would noy believe I have stopped going], then can definately see a drastic fall in next years S/T sales. Sad days at E/R, sad, sad days indeed.

Beefster
02-01-2012, 06:06 PM

I think you'll be able to apply for a student ST as long as you can produce his matriculation card by a certain date.

Edit: Been answered already.

EasterRoad4Ever
02-01-2012, 06:07 PM
For the first time in my 31 years and the past 20 as a season ticket holder I am considering not purchasing a season ticket next season.
I have come to the end of the road with the current set up Petrie etc, I will not fork out in excess of 400 quid to support an extremely flawed regime. I always have believed in supporting the club through thick and thin, the only way I can make my unhappiness speak is through not purchasing a season ticket though.

The way the genuine supporters are treated by the board is a disgrace, and the way the club is run is purely business first football second.

Also a 20+ yr ST holder, and already decided not to buy another next year - and I know of a few others doing same. Enough is enough. Thanks to Petrie's limited vision and ambition for the club, I'll have 10-13k spare seats to choose from each home game if I can stomach watching this lot any more.

As a fervent life-long supporter, I am saddened and angry at the way the club has been allowed to deteriorate to the current shambles by the Board and our absent, disinterested owner. I hope that Fenlon can turn this car-crash of a squad around, but I'm not prepared to fork out £425 without a clear, believable and well articulated strategy from the Hibs Board. Their silence at the moment is deafening.

Don Giovanni
02-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Yes, the mail shots will be getting printed & prepared and the pricing structure may already be in place (i.e. status quo).

However, given how precarious our SPL status is, not to mention a pretty pathetic product on the park, the board will have a hard job attracting current season ticket holders to renew, nevermind pitching for new ones.

What are the current numbers?

I'd guess maybe 6500?
Down from a high of about 10,000. Thats awfy careless to lose so many regular customers.

We, the supporters, stood up and were counted when called upon a few years ago but managing this mess will be a real test of the boards mettle.

johnbc70
02-01-2012, 06:48 PM
I am not sure what the stat is but it is something like you get 90% of your business from your existing customers, so there is going to have to be something special on offer for existing season ticket holders to renew. I do not think a free cup top up and a £10 voucher will cut it this time. Time for the marketing/sales team to earn their money!

matty_f
02-01-2012, 06:53 PM
I am not sure what the stat is but it is something like you get 90% of your business from your existing customers, so there is going to have to be something special on offer for existing season ticket holders to renew. I do not think a free cup top up and a £10 voucher will cut it this time. Time for the marketing/sales team to earn their money!

They can market it however they want, but I reckon that most season ticket holders would be more inclined naturally to renew than not. To this end, the marketing is a sweetener and helps retain and attract customers.

However, no matter how good the marketing is, you cannae polish a turd, and I reckon there are season ticket holders out there just now who wouldn't renew if the season ticket was free, never mind coming with a cup top-up.

IMHO, the ONLY thing that the board can do to get folk to renew, is get Fenlon's first pick players in and finish the season strongly. If we piss about getting in makeshift signings and players who are different (but no better) than what we have at the club, then the club will struggle to give season tickets away next year.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2012, 07:00 PM
I've no idea if I'll buy a season ticket next year but i doubt it.

My Grandad, a season ticket holder for 20 years plus and a regular attendee for many moons before that has already said.he won't be renewing and has barely attended a game this season despite having a season ticket.

The board were warned that apathy was far more.dangerous than anger but that's what they have allowed to happen and its not outiwith the realms of possibly that crowds like the one midweek become a regular occurence.

midlothianhibby
02-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Also a 20+ yr ST holder, and already decided not to buy another next year - and I know of a few others doing same. Enough is enough. Thanks to Petrie's limited vision and ambition for the club, I'll have 10-13k spare seats to choose from each home game if I can stomach watching this lot any more.

As a fervent life-long supporter, I am saddened and angry at the way the club has been allowed to deteriorate to the current shambles by the Board and our absent, disinterested owner. I hope that Fenlon can turn this car-crash of a squad around, but I'm not prepared to fork out £425 without a clear, believable and well articulated strategy from the Hibs Board. Their silence at the moment is deafening.

Excellent post and sums up exactly how I feel. Followed them home and away for 30 years and now I can't stomach it anymore. Sad times indeed.

Newhaven
02-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Does the hibs membership scheme lessen the impact of NOT having a season ticket?

Saorsa
02-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Does the hibs membership scheme lessen the impact of NOT having a season ticket?What's the impact of no having a season ticket though? The cost of about one game, maybe a wee bit more? Hardly any value in a full adult season ticket anyway.

KingFranck
02-01-2012, 07:13 PM
I've no idea if I'll buy a season ticket next year but i doubt it.

My Grandad, a season ticket holder for 20 years plus and a regular attendee for many moons before that has already said.he won't be renewing and has barely attended a game this season despite having a season ticket.

The board were warned that apathy was far more.dangerous than anger but that's what they have allowed to happen and its not outiwith the realms of possibly that crowds like the one midweek become a regular occurence.

The way I'm feeling tonight next season I won't be renewing sick of that lot letting me down week in week out and this will be the first time in about 18 years I haven't renewed. My dad and brother have already said the same a couple of weeks ago. After today my 8 year old son has said he doesn't want to come back.
Well done Petrie back room staff and overpaid players you've lost 3 generations of Hibs fans with your performances this season.

Newhaven
02-01-2012, 07:13 PM
What's the impact of no having a season ticket though? The cost of about one game, maybe a wee bit more? Hardly any value in a full adult season ticket anyway.

Totally agree J and the UN1TY, Together as a family yadda yadda yadda is wearing thin on many.

johnbc70
02-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Totally agree J and the UN1TY, Together as a family yadda yadda yadda is wearing thin on many.

Know what you mean - this was last years 'rallying call' (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110224/season-ticket-201112_2262950_2301016) what will it be this year?

Newhaven
02-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Know what you mean - this was last years 'rallying call' (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110224/season-ticket-201112_2262950_2301016) what will it be this year?

Coco should have played his part by walking in the summer. I think this years one will be - Renew for the adventure :thumbsup:

TheEastTerrace
02-01-2012, 07:33 PM
You can't polish a turd (as someone has already pointed out) so results on the pitch will always drive season ticket sales (or not).

However, if the marketing 'effort' to sell this season's half season tickets is anything to go by, they definitely won't see people digging deep to stay with the club next season. Lazy, poor marketing, which smacks of complacency quite frankly

TrinityHibs
02-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Not bothered I'll buy regardless as the option is a trip to Tesco in Cannonmills or to listen to the dafties on Sky. I like the guys around me so bring on the adventure whatever it is.

Leith Green
02-01-2012, 07:47 PM

The gash that gets trotted out to sell season tickets and jerseys is unreal.
" part of the bounce" or the "doon the slope jersey" unique to Hibs but worn by Tottenham 1 year earlier.

We get treated like complete muppets by the board and whats hard to believe is that there are some fans who still
swallow it, and fail to see the boards starring role in our demise.

15k for a new years derby, under 7k midweek , crowds about the 8k mark .. Team 2nd bottom and been in bottom 3 for 18 months..
countless failed managers..

People need to wake up fast and realise this board is making a real mess of things and if pressure isnt put on them to change their outlook then we are fast gonna be in big trouble.

NAE NOOKIE
02-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Hibs fan .... season ticket holder ... love Hibs .... God I wish Edinburgh was a football town instead of being populated by a load of fair weather fans who go boo hoo and chuck the toys oot the pram every time the team gets crap. From a Real Hibs fan who loves his club no matter what.

Your arguments against this mean nothing to me, so called Hibs fans ,,,,,, What a joke you are !!!!

Leith Green
02-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Hibs fan .... season ticket holder ... love Hibs .... God I wish Edinburgh was a football town instead of being populated by a load of fair weather fans who go boo hoo and chuck the toys oot the pram every time the team gets crap. From a Real Hibs fan who loves his club no matter what.

Your arguments against this mean nothing to me, so called Hibs fans ,,,,,, What a joke you are !!!!

The joke is on us I'm affraid.. Maybe your Galashiels hotbed of football is too far away to realise that??

Newhaven
02-01-2012, 08:20 PM

You should send this to the Marketing team at Hibs :thumbsup:

Beefster
02-01-2012, 08:21 PM
They can market it however they want, but I reckon that most season ticket holders would be more inclined naturally to renew than not. To this end, the marketing is a sweetener and helps retain and attract customers.

However, no matter how good the marketing is, you cannae polish a turd, and I reckon there are season ticket holders out there just now who wouldn't renew if the season ticket was free, never mind coming with a cup top-up.

IMHO, the ONLY thing that the board can do to get folk to renew, is get Fenlon's first pick players in and finish the season strongly. If we piss about getting in makeshift signings and players who are different (but no better) than what we have at the club, then the club will struggle to give season tickets away next year.

Unless something dramatic happens in the meantime, I won't be renewing for the first time in 15 years. I'll pick and choose my games instead and save myself a fortune.

You're a hardcore uberfan.

ronaldo7
02-01-2012, 08:23 PM

Tamsons bar if you want a pint mate.

Saorsa
02-01-2012, 09:52 PM
You should send this to the Marketing team at Hibs :thumbsup:He's probably been on the cooking sherry again :agree: :greengrin

Hats off (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?223287-Hats-Off&highlight=)

SteveHFC
02-01-2012, 09:59 PM
I'am considering not renewing my season ticket for the 1st time since i started watching Hibs. :aok:

You could just walk up to the turnstiles and pay at the gate. Which is something I'am considering doing next season.

Hibby70
02-01-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm definitely not renewing. Cant justify the expense of being hacked off so much.
I really detest the players out there - to the point that the Hearts players didnt even wind me up.
I resent paying to contribute to the wages to the likes of Sproule, Galbraith et al.
No fight, no passion, no bottle, no skill, no more.

.Sean.
02-01-2012, 10:09 PM
I'am considering not renewing my season ticket for the 1st time since i started watching Hibs. :aok:

You could just walk up to the turnstiles and pay at the gate. Which is something I'am considering doing next season.
:agree: I've held a Season Ticket for 13 years but I could think of 100 other things i'd rater spend £400 on.

3pm
02-01-2012, 10:10 PM
I will renew regardless of what league we are in. However, I can't make the guarantee I'll go to every game if it's as bad as what we are watching just now!

nortonhibby
02-01-2012, 10:16 PM
.. no .. no thanks .. but nice of you to ask..

its over for me 32 years i have been a season ticket holder till RP Goes no more i cant even remember how many years it was since we beat them at Easter Road can you RP:flag:

bingo70
02-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Unless there's a marked improvement between now and rye end if the season I won't be renewing.

2 games in a row we've been drawing 1 all with 10 minutes to go and neither time did we even try to win it so I've had it, being pish is fine but not even trying to win is not on, thinking about cancelling my direct debit this year we well but not sure what the implications of that would be

hibee_girl
02-01-2012, 10:25 PM
I'll renew regardless, I know I'll end up going to the games as it's what the weekends are for so may as well just give them money up front!

nortonhibby
02-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Unless there's a marked improvement between now and rye end if the season I won't be renewing.

2 games in a row we've been drawing 1 all with 10 minutes to go and neither time did we even try to win it so I've had it, being pish is fine but not even trying to win is not on, thinking about cancelling my direct debit this year we well but not sure what the implications of that would be

RP Will knock on your door:na na:

jon paul jones
03-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Not bothered I'll buy regardless as the option is a trip to Tesco in Cannonmills or to listen to the dafties on Sky. I like the guys around me so bring on the adventure whatever it is.

Well said ma man. I don't know what the marketing slogan will be for next season but as long as I am lucky enough to be employed in these times, Hibs have a concrete YES. I use the no interest direct debit option to spread the pain.

I believe...:cup: Cowdenbeath here I come

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Season tickets in the 1st division are pretty cheap no?

LancashireHibby
03-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Season tickets in the 1st division are pretty cheap no?

You'd think so, but they will be going on sale a long while before we know which league we will be in, so presumably they will be SPL prices?

Saorsa
03-01-2012, 11:06 AM
You'd think so, but they will be going on sale a long while before we know which league we will be in, so presumably they will be SPL prices?In which case they'll just have tae give folk refunds, they cannae take SPL money for 1st division games. I can see a lot of people delaying their renewal.

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Not for me next season i'm afraid. And not because we are sheite, its because of when the games are and what times they kick off.

I always bought my season ticket knowing i'd miss a few games, but its getting ridiculous just how many games are being moved.

More and more games are, and thats not going to change. Fridays are next it appears, and for those reasons i'm keeping my money in my pocket, and will pay at the gate in future.

LancashireHibby
03-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Not for me next season i'm afraid. And not because we are sheite, its because of when the games are and what times they kick off.

I always bought my season ticket knowing i'd miss a few games, but its getting ridiculous just how many games are being moved.

More and more games are, and thats not going to change. Fridays are next it appears, and for those reasons i'm keeping my money in my pocket, and will pay at the gate in future.

Saturday 3pm every week in the First Division! God that's depressing.

Franck is God
03-01-2012, 11:50 AM
If you are a fan and you can afford it then you should renew, simple as that. The payment plan makes it even more affordable and is interest free from the club, what more do you want?

I know its not good at the moment but how can you expect it to get better if you don't turn up? The lower the crowds get the lower the wage budget has to be, we got lucky last time as Whittaker, KT, Brown, O'Connor, Riordan etc were ready to go. The next team of under 19's is good but its a lot to ask to do it again.

I was at a Norwich City v Sheffield Wednesday game at Carrow Road in a December game a few years ago when both sides were mid table league one sides, Wednesday's fans filled the away section which held about 3.5k fans and I barely saw an empty seat in the home end, both teams support sang throughout and I didn't hear any booing, Wednesday won the game 3-0 on the day and the Norwich fans actually still applauded their team off the pitch for the effort they put in. I'm not talking about nothing teams here, both were in the top league a little over ten years ago and before Jeremy Goss ruined his reputation but turning up at Tynie he scored a great Euro goal against Bayern Munich.

If you want to call yourself a fan, get along to the next home game and try actually supporting your team rather than sitting bashing the club anonymously via a keyboard.

Jack
03-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Not for me. I normally miss a couple of games which just about makes a ST a decent balance.

I think I may miss chunks next season so that's that!

If they were to come up with a 6 or 12 match package that was fair value I would probably go for that.

lucky
03-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Dilemmas all round it appears. But deciding to renew your season ticket or not after a derby loss is not good. I'm under a bit of pressure not to renew from the wife, she wants me to get a Man united one, thinking of weekends aways but tried to explain Hibs are first love United are a bit on the side. She was not impressed with my analogy.

Cropley10
03-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Saturday 3pm every week in the First Division! God that's depressing.

I don't know actually - i can't stand these random KO times, especially as the OF get 3pm Saturday home games EVERY week (other than OF games).

Steve-O
03-01-2012, 12:19 PM
ST's are far too expensive considering the state of the SPL and the Hibs team. As soon as you miss 1 game you are no better off for having the thing. There is no longer a clamour for away tickets etc and until that demand is there, ST's lack any real value.

FWIW I got my A-League season for about a quarter of the price of a Hibs one and there is no way the standard is that much lower, if at all.

Westie1875
03-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I won't be renewing mine unless there is a drastic price reduction, what we are seeing on the park just isn't worth the money, particularly when we don't even know what league we will be in next season.

Saorsa
03-01-2012, 01:07 PM
If you are a fan and you can afford it then you should renew, simple as that. The payment plan makes it even more affordable and is interest free from the club, what more do you want?

If you want to call yourself a fan, get along to the next home game and try actually supporting your team rather than sitting bashing the club anonymously via a keyboard.Is it? I spent 400 quid on a season ticket last March and havnae used it once so far because I done my back July. I never asked for or even tried tae get my money back but I'll no be risking 400 quid up front again (particularly if that dross is still on offer) even though I can afford it for the sake of saving the cost of about 1 game, in case it happens again. This time round I'll be paying for the games I can go tae if that's ok with you.

Andy74
03-01-2012, 02:49 PM
I think the ST will be different and based more on the membership scheme.

You get your card and you pick which games you want added to your card. The more you pick in advance the bigger the discount or other incentives with picking the whole season gertting you the best deal.

SteveHFC
03-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Plus if you don't renew your season ticket you can always buy a ticket for every home game because it won't be sold out.