PDA

View Full Version : Red bull?

Mark79
02-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Some talk that red bill in talks to buy us for £25million? Anyone heard this. No punch line here (I asked the same)

Beefster
02-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Never mind Red Bull, someone's been on the Babycham.

ancient hibee
02-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Loada Bull you mean.

Bostonhibby
02-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Some talk that red bill in talks to buy us for £25million? Anyone heard this. No punch line here (I asked the same)

Could be a chance to drive a fast car and crash it without having to run away, fingers crossed.

.Sean.
02-01-2012, 03:26 PM
:faf:

Jesus wept. I wouldn't buy that shambles for £25.

essexhibee
02-01-2012, 03:28 PM
:top marks

easty
02-01-2012, 03:28 PM

Who is red bill? Clinton? Gates?

Bayern Bru
02-01-2012, 03:29 PM
More chance of it being Red Buttons.

Carheenlea
02-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Red Bill? I doubt that Billy Bragg has that kinda dough.

HibeeMG
02-01-2012, 03:31 PM
More chance of it being Red Buttons.

We've plenty of fires needing put out now so maybe Red Adair? :dunno::greengrin

weecounty hibby
02-01-2012, 03:33 PM
I would be amazed if anyone had to pay 25 mill for Hibs. I'm pretty sure STF has said that he would be very easy to negotiate with and don't think he was meaning 25 million. Red Bull Hibernians, makes a change from Bull **** Hibernian though. I suppose we can dream

Bayern Bru
02-01-2012, 03:34 PM
We've plenty of fires needing put out now so maybe Red Adair? :dunno::greengrin

Must be some mistake. What if it's actually Red October?

That ended up at the bottom, too. :greengrin

Minder
02-01-2012, 03:34 PM
We do not get red bill's at Easter Road, we pay our bills. Someone confusing us with another club.:greengrin

Sherlock Jones
02-01-2012, 03:35 PM

I heard it was actually Yellow Bill aka Donald Duck. And it's 25 Disney Dollars.

Monts
02-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Source? :cb

Wilson
02-01-2012, 03:36 PM
I don't know about red bull - I've read some bull though.

HibeeMG
02-01-2012, 03:38 PM
I heard that we're signing a lad called Sebastian Vettel. Supposed to be a driving force in midfield. :wink:

Bayern Bru
02-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I heard it was actually Yellow Bill aka Donald Duck. And it's 25 Disney Dollars.

Interesting - has he an interest in our Mickey Mouse defending?

ScottB
02-01-2012, 03:41 PM
I heard that we're signing a lad called Sebastian Vettel. Supposed to be a driving force in midfield. :wink:

Definitely quick off the mark :agree:

Even if this was true, they like to rename their clubs, and the SFA have already blocked Stirling Albion adding 'Meerkats' to their name, so can't imagine we would be allowed to become Red Bull Hibs.

Sherlock Jones
02-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Interesting - has he an interest in our Mickey Mouse defending?

Indeed. Mickey himself might have been interested but he's still rolling around on the floor helpless wi laughter.

down-the-slope
02-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Who do they own thus far? Red Bull Saltzburg...anyone else?

Might be awkward with Crabbies as sponsor :wink:

cad
02-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Its from transfer rumours

31 Dec 2011 20:00:34
An American sports agent acting for red bull sports is trying to secure a deal to buy hibs for the last two weeks. Tom farmer will sell but wants to keep the land and lease it to the new owners. That could stall the £25 million deal.

Todays rumour is Deek signing for them

jdships
02-01-2012, 03:46 PM

Am treating OP as being serious :greengrin:wink:

Was there not a case with UEFA a few years back where a German/Austrian brewery proposed buying a football club and it was blocked ?

Pretty Boy
Hibernian Red Bulls playing at the Torro Roso stadium in silver, blue and red strips.

Sounds good to me.

LancashireHibby
Who do they own thus far? Red Bull Saltzburg...anyone else?
Don't they a team in the MLS as well?

Jones28
02-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Absolute bull mair like :rolleyes:

Westie1875
02-01-2012, 03:48 PM

Yep, New York Red Bulls.

Mark79
02-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Only asking if anyone had heard the same. Personally think its a load of Tom kite.

justlikebrazil
02-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Is there not a New York red bulls

Jones28
02-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Is there not a New York red bulls

:agree:

Personally think its pish...but :pray:

Cropley10
02-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Yes of course they are. Jesus wept.

surreyhibbie
02-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Yes of course they are. Jesus wept.

At least it gave us a laugh...:wink:

sundo1875
02-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Why would they want to invest in hibs?

Keith_M
02-01-2012, 04:00 PM
On the basis that the OP isn't at the windup...

There's Red Bull New York, Red Bull Salzburg and RB Leipzig. The latter weren't allowed to incorporate the Red Bull name into the club name, hence the RB.

ALL Red Bull teams play in the same colours; unsurprisingly, it's RED. Maybe Aberdeen or Airdrie would be a better bet

cad
02-01-2012, 04:02 PM
£25 m in a Scottish football team , Hibs ,never happen not as long as your bum points down the way .

Never say never in football tho
:wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Red Bull....gives you wing(er)s?
Yes please.
The caffeine helps to keep you awake as well.

down-the-slope
02-01-2012, 04:05 PM

Think you are correct

ScottB
02-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Even if they did, Red Bull are a business. They'd hardly be willing to turn up and pour money down the drain.

Their sports programs have two purposes. 1. Advertising. 2. Brand building. I can't see how Hibs, or indeed any Scottish club would fit that bill. Scotland is not a major market, nor does its football get much media attention.

steakbake
02-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Even if they did, Red Bull are a business. They'd hardly be willing to turn up and pour money down the drain.

Their sports programs have two purposes. 1. Advertising. 2. Brand building. I can't see how Hibs, or indeed any Scottish club would fit that bill. Scotland is not a major market, nor does its football get much media attention.

Yes, Austria is a massive market.

down-the-slope
02-01-2012, 04:11 PM
On the basis that the OP isn't at the windup...

There's Red Bull New York, Red Bull Salzburg and RB Leipzig. The latter weren't allowed to incorporate the Red Bull name into the club name, hence the RB.

ALL Red Bull teams play in the same colours; unsurprisingly, it's RED. Maybe Aberdeen or Airdrie would be a better bet

Could have a very alternative away strip :greengrin

Seriously though, maybe they think cost and regulation factors mean EPL is not possible, but with new Sky deal there is TV exposure for sure over whole UK and metions in sport reports etc...these companies Advertising budgets are massive...the stuff costs nowt to make and the brand promotion is where all the dosh goes...it may actually be a cheap option when you think that they then have promotion for ever out of it...

Just think...its not made up it happens...Torro Rosso Hibernian win the SC.....now who could argue that it gives you wings after that :wink:

ScottB
02-01-2012, 04:12 PM

They are an Austrian company, it could well be that Salzburg is the owners boyhood team.

Still a bigger market than Scotland however!

down-the-slope
02-01-2012, 04:17 PM
http://redbulls.com/

Heres a surprise
5 football teams...and Austrian Ice Hockey Team... Come on Vlad your not trying :greengrin

Beefster
02-01-2012, 04:26 PM

If they weren't an Austrian company, it's unlikely that they'd own an Austrian club.

IWasThere2016
02-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Has got to be a better path than the one Black Rod's got us on!

hibs1875
02-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Why would they want to invest in hibs?

Completed stadium and their own training facilities! Oh and a large and loyal fan base! Maybe
:flag:

Hibbyradge
02-01-2012, 05:35 PM

Did you know that the word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary?

However, the words "wind", "up" and "merchant" are.

The_Todd
02-01-2012, 05:53 PM
The only reason anyone would invest in Scottish football now is because it would be cheap and easy access to the Champions League (ie a billionaire could buy Hibs, win the SPL with relative buttons and get to the CL qualifiers - if same investors bought, say, Wigan for example it would be impossible). Won't ever happen though.

Keith_M
02-01-2012, 05:55 PM
They are an Austrian company, it could well be that Salzburg is the owners boyhood team.

Still a bigger market than Scotland however!

He's from Salzburg and that's where their HQ is located.

sleeping giant
02-01-2012, 06:20 PM
:agree:

Personally think its pish...but :pray:

Would be great though :greengrin

Jack
03-01-2012, 02:55 PM
As a fan of their F1 team and an admirer of how Red Bull have sponsored and bought sports outfits around the world I'd love to see this. Realistically though it sounds like a can of pish - which is what I think the drink smells of :-D

HibsMax
03-01-2012, 02:58 PM
We're going through a bad period right now so perhaps it's red tide?

Aldo
03-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Its from transfer rumours

31 Dec 2011 20:00:34
An American sports agent acting for red bull sports is trying to secure a deal to buy hibs for the last two weeks. Tom farmer will sell but wants to keep the land and lease it to the new owners. That could stall the £25 million deal.

Todays rumour is Deek signing for them

Quality.... Taken right off of the Football Rumours website

Andy74
03-01-2012, 03:19 PM
The only reason anyone would invest in Scottish football now is because it would be cheap and easy access to the Champions League (ie a billionaire could buy Hibs, win the SPL with relative buttons and get to the CL qualifiers - if same investors bought, say, Wigan for example it would be impossible). Won't ever happen though.

Some Russian boy though this way too. Romonov or something.

wick hibby
03-01-2012, 03:33 PM

Thats all the TEAM is worth

Prawn Sandwich
03-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Red Bull buying Hibs? Can't see it myself. More likely Red Bull buying Hibs shirt sponsors Crabbies for £24 million?

greenginger
03-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Last thing STF said at the Club's AGM was he was open to offers from anyone who wanted to invest in the Club. He did'nt mention selling but at his age he must be thinking of an exit strategy.

Hibercelona
03-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Perhaps this is just the sort of investment we need. :agree:

It would certainly make us better on the wings.

The_Todd
03-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Some Russian boy though this way too. Romonov or something.

Our Russian pal was more after a real life game of Championship Manager than actual success, however. Any other club who've spent as much as Hearts under Vlad would have made a much better fist of things.

Winston Ingram
03-01-2012, 04:55 PM
SSV Markranstädt were changed to Red Bull Leipzig and the stadium changed from Zentralstadion to The Red Bull Arena
SV Austria Salzburg and were changed to Red Bull Salzburg and the Stadium to The Red Bull Arena
New York Metro Stars were changed to New York Red Bulls and the built a stadium called to The Red Bull Arena
Red Bull Brasil were created in 2007 by Red Bull

It's certainly possible that they'd be interested as they are looking to increase the number of the clubs under the Red Bull umbrella. If they do buy us they will change our name and the name of our ground to to The Red Bull Arena

Red Bull Hibernian at the Red Bull Arena :confused:

bingo70
03-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Considering this rumour appeared from that football rumours website there really isn't even any point in discussing it, all its doing is putting unrealistic ideas in peoples heads

It's no goin to happen and living within our means is going to be the way forward, as it is for all clubs so bringing through good young players is how we'll achieve success not through ridiculous 25m transfer kittys

matty_f
03-01-2012, 05:05 PM
SSV Markranstädt were changed to Red Bull Leipzig and the stadium changed from Zentralstadion to The Red Bull Arena
SV Austria Salzburg and were changed to Red Bull Salzburg and the Stadium to The Red Bull Arena
New York Metro Stars were changed to New York Red Bulls and the built a stadium called to The Red Bull Arena
Red Bull Brasil were created in 2007 by Red Bull

It's certainly possible that they'd be interested as they are looking to increase the number of the clubs under the Red Bull umbrella. If they do buy us they will change our name and the name of our ground to to The Red Bull Arena

Red Bull Hibernian at the Red Bull Arena :confused:

First off, I think the rumour's a load of baws, but seeing as it's being discussed you've pointed out one of the very reasons that I can't see it happening. Red Bull Hibernian?? Would anyone be happy with that?

The Red Bull Arena wouldn't bother me - Easter Road will always be Easter Road, no matter what sponsor's label is attached to it, but the team name changing would be unacceptable, IMHO.

That all said and done, we are ripe for a takeover. Certainly anyone looking at the two Edinburgh clubs would consider Hibs a far more attractive proposition than the Yams.

Antifa Hibs
03-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Am I seeing this right? People would actually welcome investment from these monkeys, erasing 137 years of history for the chance of finishing third or maybe another league cup win? Red Bull Hibernian playing in silver and blue at the Red Bull Arena with a set of bull horns as the badge.

Get a grip FFS.

Against modern football eh.......

PerthHibby
03-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Maybe the soon to be one team city:greengrin will have a new name the 'Hibernian Red Bulls'

Red Bull might be looking at tapping in to some of the 300k+ that will have nowt to do on a Saturday:greengrin

Albion Hibs
03-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Maybe some investor in the far east working on behalf of Red Bull saw Vlads valuation of hertz at 80m with a shack of a stadium, no training facility and a mountain of debt and thought that Hibs seemed like a bargin at 25m. They will open the books then disappear off and buy some championship club, or bulgarian net ball team.

Alternatively they have seen sales of red bull go through the roof in scotland as a result of the jager bomb and decieded to give a little back!

Winston Ingram
03-01-2012, 05:36 PM
First off, I think the rumour's a load of baws, but seeing as it's being discussed you've pointed out one of the very reasons that I can't see it happening. Red Bull Hibernian?? Would anyone be happy with that?

The Red Bull Arena wouldn't bother me - Easter Road will always be Easter Road, no matter what sponsor's label is attached to it, but the team name changing would be unacceptable, IMHO.

That all said and done, we are ripe for a takeover. Certainly anyone looking at the two Edinburgh clubs would consider Hibs a far more attractive proposition than the Yams.

Totally agree.

The investment would be welcome but they would definitely change our name

weonlywon6-2
03-01-2012, 06:36 PM
i think its a lot of rubbish as well,but for discussions sake,if it were true id be happy fore the investment to safeguard hibs future which in turn put a far better team on the pitch.....something we can only dream of just now.

easter road will always be easter road to me so they can do what they want with the stadium name,they wouldnt change our colours though, but we can guess who the shirt sponsor is !!

Keith_M
03-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Totally agree.

The investment would be welcome but they would definitely change our name

ALL of their clubs play in the same colours (http://redbulls.com/), so the name would change, the colours and the stadium name.

Can't see it somehow

Phil MaGlass
03-01-2012, 07:15 PM
and another thing, the strips look more bloody maroon than red,think if that was to happen(colour change) I would stop being a Hibs fan.Hibernian red bulls I might handle but a club colour change???

ScottB
03-01-2012, 07:22 PM
As I already posted, the SFA blocked Stirling Albion changing to the Stirling Albion Meerkats, even though at that point they were at risk of hitting the wall, and the Compare the Market cash would have solved their problems.

I really can't see us being allowed to change our name, even assuming Red Bull would want us. They don't!

Hibernia Na Eir
03-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Baileys would be good :greengrin

Northernhibee
03-01-2012, 08:45 PM
If this was to happen (which it won't), I simply wouldn't return.

We aren't Red Bull Hibernian, or the Hibernian Red Bulls, and we play at Easter Road, not the Red Bull arena.

matty_f
03-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Would we need to change our nickname to Hibulls?:greengrin

SteveHFC
03-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Am I seeing this right? People would actually welcome investment from these monkeys, erasing 137 years of history for the chance of finishing third or maybe another league cup win? Red Bull Hibernian playing in silver and blue at the Red Bull Arena with a set of bull horns as the badge.

Get a grip FFS.

IWasThere2016
03-01-2012, 09:15 PM
(Assuming it could happen) it is called progress. Its no like its some theatre/basketbaw loving Russian submariner ffs!

Bad Martini
03-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Red bull gives ye wings. Maybes we could use a set of radge wings, pick up the baw and drop the ****ing thing in the goals given our current inability to get the baw up front and anywhere near the opponents goals?

Red bull buying hibs? Russian sailors? Sell oor passport?

Vintage radgeness?

Eyrie
03-01-2012, 10:39 PM
I could live with Hibernian RB playing at the Red Bull Arena Easter Road, but would draw the line at a change of strip colour.

Can't see it happening anyway.

matty_f
03-01-2012, 10:44 PM
I could live with Hibernian RB playing at the Red Bull Arena Easter Road, but would draw the line at a change of strip colour.

Stadium name I'm not that precious about - would oppose a name change as much as I could, though. Not into that idea at all.

Bishop Hibee
03-01-2012, 11:29 PM

Get a grip FFS.

I'm with you 100% AH. If Hibs were changed in this way I'd be watching AFC Hibernian playing at Meadowbank in the East of Scotland League. We wouldn't be on our own.

Load of bull.

lucky
03-01-2012, 11:58 PM

Agree with this. Red Bull Hibs or Hibs RB would always be Hibs. As for the stadium name who gives a ****. But imagine if they bought the two Edinburgh teams Red Bull Edinburgh. Now where's my HoH t-shirt

matty_f
04-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Agree with this. Red Bull Hibs or Hibs RB would always be Hibs. As for the stadium name who gives a ****. But imagine if they bought the two Edinburgh teams Red Bull Edinburgh. Now where's my HoH t-shirt

IMHO that's no different from the Yams going bust and coming back as Heart of Midlothian 2012 or something similar. The name is an integral part of the heritage of the club. It's practically sacred and there's no danger it should be sold off like that, IMHO.

Regardless, it's complete fantasy anyway so there's no point me getting worked up about it!:thumbsup:

Beefster
04-01-2012, 06:55 AM
I'll tell you what - if MacDonald's buy Hibs, change our name to 'Big Mac Golden Arches Hibs FC', change the stadium name to the 'Ronald McDonald Happiness and Blocked Artery Ampitheatre' and make the players wear big wigs and red noses, I won't be back.

I've not been as agitated since those fairies at the bottom of the garden tried to kidnap the dog.

CraigHibee
04-01-2012, 09:51 AM

don't know about red bull..... more like bull ****

murraymckirdy
04-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Did you know that the word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary?

However, the words "wind", "up" and "merchant" are.

murraymckirdy
04-01-2012, 11:11 AM

:top marks:top marks:top marks:flag:

robinp
04-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Somewhere over the city, a jamboid is laughing his tits off. :aok:

superbam
04-01-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm with you 100% AH. If Hibs were changed in this way I'd be watching AFC Hibernian playing at Meadowbank in the East of Scotland League. We wouldn't be on our own.

Load of bull.

This. Its embarrassing that some so-called hibees would surrender our name and colours for some investment. Red Bulls teams are widely despised for symbolizing everything that is wrong with modern football.

This is some crazy nonsense anyway and even if it were true im confident that we have enough proud supporters to ensure it would not proceed.

No Al Calcio Moderno

leithsansiro
04-01-2012, 08:32 PM
This. Its embarrassing that some so-called hibees would surrender our name and colours for some investment. Red Bulls teams are widely despised for symbolizing everything that is wrong with modern football.

This is some crazy nonsense anyway and even if it were true im confident that we have enough proud supporters to ensure it would not proceed.

Clearly, this nonsense has been started by some Jambo or journalist looking for a bit of a reaction to our woes. Ain't gonna happen, and nobody would welcome it.

Cropley10
04-01-2012, 08:43 PM

With a sock in his hand.

mca
04-01-2012, 09:09 PM

FFS - Could anyone imagine our Pampered players Driving aboot in cars with giant redbull cans sticking oot the roof ?????

Rossco1875
04-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Hit the ball into last years formula one championship winning car at half time to win it !

Holmesdale Hibs
04-01-2012, 09:43 PM
I could cope with The Red Bull Stadium for 10 years IF the money was right Red Bull Hibs. No ****ing chance. Don't even get me started on a blue and grey strip with wings on the back.

Can't see any of the above happening. It's also a brutal drink.

Northernhibee
04-01-2012, 10:57 PM
I could cope with The Red Bull Stadium for 10 years IF the money was right Red Bull Hibs. No ****ing chance. Don't even get me started on a blue and grey strip with wings on the back.

Can't see any of the above happening. It's also a brutal drink.

Anxiety in a can mate.

aazza91
04-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Red Bull will never invest in a Scottish team, they would only do it if they could totally revamp the team to become i.e Red Bull Hibernian... The SFA wouldn't allow it, remember a few years ago they rejected Stirling Albions application to change name to the Stirling Albion Meerkats when compare the market tried to by them. They don't want to lose the integrity of the leagues.

Keith_M
05-01-2012, 10:21 AM
I'll tell you what - if MacDonald's buy Hibs, change our name to 'Big Mac Golden Arches Hibs FC', change the stadium name to the 'Ronald McDonald Happiness and Blocked Artery Ampitheatre' and make the players wear big wigs and red noses, I won't be back.

I've not been as agitated since those fairies at the bottom of the garden tried to kidnap the dog.

Colin and Justin? :dunno:

the_ginger_hibee
05-01-2012, 10:31 AM
How is this still on the first page?

Drivel beyond even the wildest consideration.

scott7_0(Prague)
05-01-2012, 10:34 AM
How is this still on the first page?

Drivel beyond even the wildest consideration.

Because people like you keep bringing up the page... oops people like me and you :aok:

Lucius Apuleius
05-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Purefoods Tender Juicy Hotdogs is theee best name for any sports team IMHO. :agree:

Springbank
05-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Purefoods Tender Juicy Hotdogs is theee best name for any sports team IMHO. :agree:

There are a couple of crackers in Welsh football, though. Somebody Cefn Druids and of course Airbus UK FC. What a fixture.

Fisherrow Harp
05-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Aye of the opinion this is mince too, perhaps iI should say...I hope it is. Though there was a documentary not that long ago about SV Austria Salzburg/FC Red Bull Salzburg and the fans being none to happy with what they got, apparently the clubs soul has been ripped out. Can't see many of us being happy with that prospect, they don't even have the façade of being a works team like Bayer Leverkusen, PSV or Sochaux. Just a commercial enterprise that has no ( or little ) relevance or respect for the clubs history and tradition.
(btw not criticising Bayer Leverkusen, PSV or Sochaux just using them as an example)

:pfgwa