PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at yourselfs..

Liams
02-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Honestly ive had it with some of the "Fans" today, every single home game, someone is doing something wrong and isREMOVED now i know these people might not even read the forums but seriously, if you not gonna get behind the team, dont both coming. People in the west (Where i sit) begging for a change, then when the change is made, they then scream abuse and say its to late, even thou it only took us 15 seconds to get it level, HOW CAN IT BE TOO LATE? We have a young team playing in one of the most vital fixtures and we cant even get behind them, we should of had the place rocking after stacks pen save, and dont even both saying "how can we get behind that REMOVED" because we are Hibernian FC.

Rant over.

GGTTH :pfgwa

02-01-2012, 03:49 PM
I agree with you to an extent and there does need to be more positive support from some of the fans, however that team that we have out at the moment is giving us very little to be positive about. Week in week out we have to suffer the same old crap and again today we suffer yet again another humiliation by a very mediocre hearts side. I'm all for getting right behind the team, through thick and thin but you cant blame people for being frustrated at the team.

Im a season ticket holder and have been for years, I've supported my team through the good and the bad and will continue to do so. But we have the right to have a go when the team just look so weak and gutless.

Jones28
02-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Some of the supporters today...deary me

Why do other fans support there team through thick and thin (IE our dear neighbours who gave us a good thrashing today) without managing to scream abuse at them?

I accept there's limit but FFS it's a derby

down-the-slope
02-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Interesting as i thought the area around me was far more supportive and positive than normal...(other than for Sproule and Galbraith...but they deserved it :wink:)

hibee_girl
02-01-2012, 04:05 PM
I thought the fans were much more positive towards the players today.

Hibs Class
02-01-2012, 04:10 PM
I thought the fans were much more positive towards the players today.

Certainly was the case in my area of the east.

Davy Mac
02-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Some of the supporters today...deary me

Why do other fans support there team through thick and thin (IE our dear neighbours who gave us a good thrashing today) without managing to scream abuse at them?

I accept there's limit but FFS it's a derby

Do you think the Hertz fans would accept a 3-1 bashing today?

Doubt it, now and again maybe but I spoke to one of my jumbo mates recently and he can't believe we are putting up with this, he can't believe the lack of fight from the terraces and how Hibs fans are just accepting mediocrity - he might just have a point, sadly.

Finally, see when you've had 35 years of watching Hibs it's like frikin groundhog day.

Fresh eyes from the Boardroom please.

Jones28
02-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Do you think the Hertz fans would accept a 3-1 bashing today?

Doubt it, now and again maybe but I spoke to one of my jumbo mates recently and he can't believe we are putting up with this, he can't believe the lack of fight from the terraces and how Hibs fans are just accepting mediocrity - he might just have a point, sadly.

Finally, see when you've had 35 years of watching Hibs it's like frikin groundhog day.

Fresh eyes from the Boardroom please.

Not at all, but they certainly wouldn't have turned on there team in the first half!

Pot calling Kettle isn't it? We're asking how they can accept they're clubs' demise, they're asking how we just accept mediocrity.

S4uzee
02-01-2012, 04:21 PM
I got abuse from someone for jumping over his seat at ht to skip the stairs, unbelievable! Also the amount of negativity is unreal

Beefster
02-01-2012, 04:24 PM
I think we should have a collective go at the support again. Who do these twats think they are continuing to turn up despite being offered very little in return? Honestly, they'd be better staying away so that our turnover takes even more of a hit.

Nameless
02-01-2012, 04:37 PM
I was asked by a steward today to stop gesturing to the hearts end, as it might cause offence!!! Football is dead, move on people, nothing to see here:rolleyes:

JustSimplyHibs
02-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Honestly ive had it with some of the "Fans" today, every single home game, someone is doing something wrong and isREMOVED now i know these people might not even read the forums but seriously, if you not gonna get behind the team, dont both coming. People in the west (Where i sit) begging for a change, then when the change is made, they then scream abuse and say its to late, even thou it only took us 15 seconds to get it level, HOW CAN IT BE TOO LATE? We have a young team playing in one of the most vital fixtures and we cant even get behind them, we should of had the place rocking after stacks pen save, and dont even both saying "how can we get behind that REMOVED" because we are Hibernian FC.

Rant over.

GGTTH :pfgwa

When you have spent a near 4k watching Hibs this season don't you think we have a right to be peeved off with players who earn near or nough that in a week at the club i have followed for decades....

This is worse than, first 5 years of the Dougie Crombe regieme and the worst it has been under the Farmer/Petrie regieme....are people not allowed a voice?

Farmer better dip into his pockets before naebody turns up!!!

Jamesie
02-01-2012, 04:46 PM
I've been watching Hibs for the last 23 years and it's getting to the stage that I'm really looking forward to the season being over and I'm not enjoying going along any more. I've been thinking for the past few weeks that I probably shouldn't bother with a season ticket next yet - much as I enjoy catching up with my mates there are other opportunities for that rather than wasting Saturday afternoon.

Saorsa
02-01-2012, 04:47 PM

Rant over.

GGTTH :pfgwaMuch more of this and you'll no have tae worry about too many people turning up tae boo or abuse anybody. For years now folk have been paying hundreds of pounds tae watch absolute garbage while all our best players disappear oot the door tae be replaced by x amount of dross and now a good number of them are getting ****in' pissed off and who can blame them.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Yep its all the fans fault.

Sit on your hands, smile and accept the ***** we have had to put up with for.nearly 3 years now.

Davy Mac
02-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Not at all, but they certainly wouldn't have turned on there team in the first half!

Pot calling Kettle isn't it? We're asking how they can accept they're clubs' demise, they're asking how we just accept mediocrity.

Sorry fella, I've been to a few Hertz corporate games over the years and I tell you what the filth that comes out of the Hertz fans in unreal compared to ER, they turn quicker than snow aff a dyke.

Their clubs demise? they'll survive - they always do as much as it pains me to say it but my jumbo buddy is right we should or perhaps should have demanded answers far quicker than now, if we had we might be not be quite up to our necks in crocodiles as we are at the moment.

Judas Iscariot
02-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I was asked by a steward today to stop gesturing to the hearts end, as it might cause offence!!! Football is dead, move on people, nothing to see here:rolleyes:

Row D, seat 150 ish?

King Paddy
02-01-2012, 08:04 PM
That's why i don't go to E.R. anymore, because i lose patience and get a bit emotional i was told to shut up sit down etc. So i watch from the comfy lounge on sky and can say what i like without people like you shouting me down for having the right to be criticle regarding my team. Oh i nearly forgot the club loses money when i don't go.

Leith Green
02-01-2012, 08:09 PM

What like they did when we beat them 1-0 at Tynecastle Brian Kerr game? They turned on them at 1-0 down in the first half of that particular game.

Postman
02-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Sorry fella, I've been to a few Hertz corporate games over the years and I tell you what the filth that comes out of the Hertz fans in unreal compared to ER, they turn quicker than snow aff a dyke.

Absolutely correct! I've been to various grounds to watch games and its the same everywhere, lets not start thinking this turning on the team is exclusive to ER. The difference is we've had far more than our fair share of dross in recent years to turn on. The lows are heavily outweighing the highs!!

Steve20
02-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Yes, it's the fans fault that those players are less than useless and can barely pass a ball ten yards.

FFS, always someone on here trying to blame fans every week instead of the impostors that appear for us.

Hibby_Paul
02-01-2012, 08:41 PM
I've been watching Hibs for the last 23 years and it's getting to the stage that I'm really looking forward to the season being over and I'm not enjoying going along any more. I've been thinking for the past few weeks that I probably shouldn't bother with a season ticket next yet - much as I enjoy catching up with my mates there are other opportunities for that rather than wasting Saturday afternoon.

Been feeling that way about watching Hibs most of this season James. I fear a lot of Season ticket holders may leave next season for these reasons. Why should I shell out £400+ for something I've stopped enjoying?

East Coast Hibe
02-01-2012, 09:02 PM

Jamsie I have been a season ticket holder for 30+ years. I enjoy the whole match day. Meeting my mates, watching the game and then a few beers afterwards. I have to admit it's now taking all my strength to actually go to the game now. I would be happy to meet them in the pub afterwards now. Thats not right and something needs to be done to re enthuse me -and quick. If things don't improve between now and the end of the season then I won't be renewing my season book. I will pick and choose my games and pay at the gate.

There must be loads of fans like me and Jamsie ??

gringojoe
02-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Interesting as i thought the area around me was far more supportive and positive than normal...(other than for Sproule and Galbraith...but they deserved it :wink:)

I had two old guys near me just about coming to blows arguing over Sproule.

jax67
02-01-2012, 09:29 PM
When you have spent a near 4k watching Hibs this season don't you think we have a right to be peeved off with players who earn near or nough that in a week at the club i have followed for decades....

This is worse than, first 5 years of the Dougie Crombe regieme and the worst it has been under the Farmer/Petrie regieme....are people not allowed a voice?

Farmer better dip into his pockets before naebody turns up!!!

Maybe its the board that you need to be directing your peevishness at:agree:

JustSimplyHibs
02-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Maybe its the board that you need to be directing your peevishness at:agree:

Already have, along with the fact the club sells tickets for seats that aren't in the stadium, even the stewards were stratching their heads about it...says it all about how much of an amatuer club we are becoming

Hibby70
02-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Already have, along with the fact the club sells tickets for seats that aren't in the stadium, even the stewards were stratching their heads about it...says it all about how much of an amatuer club we are becoming
That'll be the new standing section.

Franck Stanton
02-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Yes, it's the fans fault that those players are less than useless and can barely pass a ball ten yards.

FFS, always someone on here trying to blame fans every week instead of the impostors that appear for us.

Correct mate, lets face it we have been served up crap for the last two years, not two games, not two months - TWO YEARS,

If the team even showed a wee bit skill/passion/tactical awareness/improvement/belief/PRIDE IN THE JERSEY-BADGE we as fans would have no reason to berate them now would we. Since this time during Yogis reign, the season we ended up blowing a 3rd place finnish ending up 4th we have been on a steady downward spiral and it is the PLAYERS FAULT - a pub team shows more qualities listed above than we do.

basehibby
03-01-2012, 03:46 AM
That'll be the new standing section.

:tee hee:

On the subject of the moaning old wimmin section of our support - I can well appreciate their angst as a long suffering Hibby myself- but I would ask them to consider the old phrase "to draw a line under things"

Surely with a new manager in place, whether they agree with his appointment or not they should make an effort to withold their moanings until such time as he has had a chance to make an impact on the team. As has been often discussed already he is shuffling a pack bereft of aces and has not yet had a chance to deal himself a better hand.

So what precisely is the purpose of their booing? Do they suppose it will improve the performances of the same players they have only weeks ago been booing under a different manager? Or are they through some omniscientific ability already convinced that the new manager Fenlon "hasny got it" and should be removed from his post with immediate effect?

Other than these two extremely dubious lines of reasoning I fail to see what possible positive effect they are trying to bring to bear upon the club they purport to support.

The fact that a load of deluded Yam muppets in executive boxes also like to indulge themselves with random whingings does not cut it as an excuse for me.

Nameless
03-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Row D, seat 150 ish?

Were you the steward:gun:

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Were you the steward:gun:

Haha, no, I was sitting about 3 seats to the left of you

Holmesdale Hibs
03-01-2012, 10:17 AM

Galbraith wasn't playing well in the first half but after he scored (being very generous) his confidence was lifted and he looked a better player. He's definitely a confidence player and does not benefit at all from the OTT criticism the team gets. I hear the arguments that they should be able to handle it but fact is it affects players in a negative way. Don't think it would help me do my job.

I thought Sproule was poor in the first half but looked alot more dangerous in the second. Could have done without the rolling around after the 'head butt' though.