PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths and Stevenson

HibsNutter
02-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Although it was a pi** poor show I thought these two lads at least got pass marks. Griffiths seemed to be competing with Webster for long balls and was holding the ball up reasonable well. Also, if every player had the commitment and attitude of Stevenson we would be in a much better position, he may not be the flashiest player but he does the simple things right and works hard which is more than you can say for the majority of our team.

Golden Bear
02-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Work rate was not the problem today but everything else is. Dire times ahead I'm afraid.

hibee
02-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Unfortunately stevensons game was slowed a bit with the soft early booking but as you say he always gives 100%

hibee81
02-01-2012, 02:56 PM
I also thought hanlon aswell as o'hanlon looked ok the day, imo

dirtydirk
02-01-2012, 02:58 PM
I thought o hanlon and hanlon were terrible.

easty
02-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Stevenson? What? He did nothing. Quite literally did nothing in the whole game.

Cropley10
02-01-2012, 02:59 PM
I also thought hanlon aswell as o'hanlon looked ok the day, imo

O'Hanlon is a shocking player. It's incredible he's made it as far as he has as he appears to know nothing about the game. Someone Caldo had been tracking for a while right enough.

SteveHFC
02-01-2012, 03:00 PM

Colin Murdoch is better than Sean O'Hanlon

hibeemikey21
02-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Would have also given pass marks to Scott and probably Murray - Murray more so because I was not expecting much at all but he did ok

HibsNutter
02-01-2012, 03:02 PM

To be fair to Hanlon, why was he played at right back?

dirtydirk
02-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Hanlon was at fault for the first goal. Seems to always lose his man at set pieces. O'hanlon is terrible. Fenlons first priority should be a half decent centre half and then build things from there

Elephant Stone
02-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Griffiths played well, if he had someone playing alongside him and a competent midfield playing nice passes he's got the makings to be a good player. Stevenson did fine but he really doesn't do enough, you know he's unlikely to give away possession but we're really stuck at simple passes with him- we need creativity and pace in the centre.

hibee_girl
02-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Stevenson was quiet today but I think that was mostly down to his early booking (soft imo).

O'Hanlon had one of his better games today imo though people who don't see him as often as I do thought he was a bombscare!

Griffiths did well today too but he can only do so much on his own, we cannot play him up front on his own, he's the smallest, most lightweight player we have!

Postman
02-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Griffiths played well, if he had someone playing alongside him and a competent midfield playing nice passes he's got the makings to be a good player. Stevenson did fine but he really doesn't do enough, you know he's unlikely to give away possession but we're really stuck at simple passes with him- we need creativity and pace in the centre.
Totally agree Stevenson offers nothing other than very simple passes. I thought Palsson was our best midfielder today but there wasn't much competition!

Wotherspiniesta
02-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Stevenson?

What did he do?

"Commitment" should be a minimum requirement from anyone wearing a Hibs top. The only noteable thing Stevenson did today was chop down Black after 5 minutes.

brianmc
02-01-2012, 03:54 PM
How anyone can say Stevenson's booking was soft stuns me. His scything down of black was the only action of note from him that I can remember.

sundo1875
02-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Sean ohanlon is up there with Duncan Lambie

hibee_girl
02-01-2012, 03:59 PM
How anyone can say Stevenson's booking was soft stuns me. His scything down of black was the only action of note from him that I can remember.

It was a lot softer that what Hanlon got booked for!

EVENTUALLY
02-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Managers are often quoted as saying that they will only bring in better players than what they have. Who thinks CC knocked it off by bringing in O'Hanlon to replace Dickoh. O'Hanlon is rank, really hesitant, positionally woeful and slow. I would release O'hanlon now as I think his hesitancy ******s along the back line and creates problems for the entire defence. Get rid of O'hanlon.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2012, 05:22 PM
O'Hanlon is never as bad as folk on here tend to make out! Some folk seem to get one impression of a player in their head and can't shake it no matter how that particular player plays.

greenlex
02-01-2012, 05:29 PM
O'Hanlon is never as bad as folk on here tend to make out! Some folk seem to get one impression of a player in their head and can't shake it no matter how that particular player plays.
That's kinda how I see it. He ain't no Puyol for sure and he does make mistakes but some of the hysteria is miles over the top. I think the money we pay we can do better though.

matty_f
02-01-2012, 05:29 PM

:agree: I don't think O'Hanlon had a bad game today at all. There were certainly worse than him.

Stevenson's early booking killed the game for him. He still got stuck in but wasn't as effective as he would have been if he'd gone longer without a yellow. His booking would never have got a card that early in an Old Firm game, by the way, where refs don't hesitate to tell us they try to keep their cards in their pockets.

sundo1875
02-01-2012, 05:32 PM

I personally don't like o'hanlon because he lets the ball bounce , Is always holding on to the striker which gives away stupid free kicks and is pretty slow , a strikers dream defender

RIP
02-01-2012, 05:40 PM
We really need to toughen up as a support.

The amount of slagging players get on here shows us up for the numpties we are.

This team needs support not abuse if we are to stay up.

It's the only way forward

Matty_Jack04
02-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Totally agree Stevenson offers nothing other than very simple passes. I thought Palsson was our best midfielder today but there wasn't much competition!

How anyone can moan about a player playing simple passes these days frightens me, first name on my team sheet every week in amongst that dross, aye he'l no play killer passes or skip past 8 men but he'l graft his erse off and very rarely lose the ball, probably the only hibs player to manage a 5 yard pass on a consistent basis but we'll rip him anyway eh

Perspective
02-01-2012, 05:50 PM
How anyone can moan about a player playing simple passes these days frightens me, first name on my team sheet every week in amongst that dross, aye he'l no play killer passes or skip past 8 men but he'l graft his erse off and very rarely lose the ball, probably the only hibs player to manage a 5 yard pass on a consistent basis but we'll rip him anyway eh

Exactly. He's the only player at the club capable of retaining possession. He doesn't offer much going forward but, in a better team and in a specific role, he would be more than good enough.

Also encouraged by Griffiths' performance today, which is no surprise given he was handed a rare opportunity to play through the middle.

There's so much wrong with the team and club. These two are rare bright spots.

Lago
02-01-2012, 06:01 PM
We really need to toughen up as a support.

The amount of slagging players get on here shows us up for the numpties we are.

This team needs support not abuse if we are to stay up.

It's the only way forward

Thank goodness for some rational thoughts. Won't go down well with some folk I'm afraid.

Elephant Stone
02-01-2012, 06:07 PM

No one's ripping him. I like Stevenson, his attitude and commitment is spot on and he rarely loses possession. But simple passes aren't enough if that's your main attribute- which in Stevenson's case it is. If he was a big, commanding player who was in there to stop other teams playing and win us possession then a simple passer would be just fine. I'm not really sure what Stevenson's role is other than the simple passes, we need ideas and creativity in the centre and I don't think Stevenson is the man for it unfortunately.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2012, 06:13 PM
No one's ripping him. I like Stevenson, his attitude and commitment is spot on and he rarely loses possession. But simple passes aren't enough if that's your main attribute- which in Stevenson's case it is. If he was a big, commanding player who was in there to stop other teams playing and win us possession then a simple passer would be just fine. I'm not really sure what Stevenson's role is other than the simple passes, we need ideas and creativity in the centre and I don't think Stevenson is the man for it unfortunately.

To break up play and make simple passes. If everyone else could complete their own roles as competently we wouldn't be in the ****** we're in at the moment.

Hibees07
02-01-2012, 06:16 PM
I personally don't like o'hanlon because he lets the ball bounce , Is always holding on to the striker which gives away stupid free kicks and is pretty slow , a strikers dream defender

Spot on mate.

This guy makes to go for a ball then pulls back letting the ball bounce and putting himself & the team under pressure.

Bombscare!

Elephant Stone
02-01-2012, 06:18 PM
To break up play and make simple passes. If everyone else could complete their own roles as competently we wouldn't be in the ****** we're in at the moment.

He doesn't do enough to break up play though, the breaking up play role is for either strong players or small, aggressive ones like Ian Black. Stevenson is too lightweight and lacks the aggression for that role. If he could take the ball with pace at the opponent's defence and make some incisive forward passes all would be good but that's where he lacks and where we lose out as a team.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2012, 06:22 PM
He doesn't do enough to break up play though, the breaking up play role is for either strong players or small, aggressive ones like Ian Black. Stevenson is too lightweight and lacks the aggression for that role. If he could take the ball with pace at the opponent's defence and make some incisive forward passes all would be good but that's where he lacks and where we lose out as a team.

Disagree he lacks agrgression, totally the opposite in fact, grit, determination and tenacious in the tackle, with the right players alongside him there's no problem.

Postman
02-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Disagree he lacks agrgression, totally the opposite in fact, grit, determination and tenacious in the tackle, with the right players alongside him there's no problem.
Nonsense! Osbourne is a player for that role, bigger and stronger than Stevenson. He can also beat a man if necessary. Stevenson is far too lightweight for that role and teams will continue to dominate us in the middle of the park if we rely on Lewis in there

madabouthibs
02-01-2012, 07:27 PM

This, Stevenson would be a fantastic player to have if the rest of the team played their roles the way we need. Nothing fancy about Lewis, just take the ball and keep it simple, find your own player.
Simple passes, in fact most of the simple basics of football are completely lost to us right now. We can't even get crosses over the first defender, and our defenders can't header a ball properly! :confused:

3pm
02-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Lewis Stevenson is one of the best midfielders in BRITAIN. :agree:

Jamboid in the pub told me. Don't even think he was drinking Stella. :aok:

jon paul jones
03-01-2012, 09:44 AM
the only things I'd add to the O'Hanlon keep/bench/sell debate is from a decision making process for PF. Only viable alternative to the defensive options on derby day was to play Stephens instead. love the potential in DS but one to nurture for full expectation of taking one of the two CH slots in season 2012/13.

I take it the concensus is we need a better level of performance from whoever plays in the central pair.

In Pat we trust

Holmesdale Hibs
03-01-2012, 10:03 AM
The overall performance was an improvement on the Inverness game. I agree with Griffiths - I thought he did well with very limited service. I can see why he gets wound up to be honest. Stevenson was ok, can't fault his effort but we were dominated in midfield.

Some signs of improvement but at the end of the day that's the second consecutive 90min we've played without creating a chance from open play. The only shot on target I can remember from the last 2 games was O'Connor's free kick.

Scouse Hibee
03-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Nonsense! Osbourne is a player for that role, bigger and stronger than Stevenson. He can also beat a man if necessary. Stevenson is far too lightweight for that role and teams will continue to dominate us in the middle of the park if we rely on Lewis in there

Another one hung up on size :rolleyes: Yes you are talking nonsense if you read my post again I said with the right players alongside him, I didn't suggest he play a lone midfield role now did I?

Postman
03-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Another one hung up on size :rolleyes: Yes you are talking nonsense if you read my post again I said with the right players alongside him, I didn't suggest he play a lone midfield role now did I?

No I am hung up on ability and Stevenson is very limited in that area. If he's the man responsible for breaking up the oppositions play at the minute then he's not doing a very good job and he certainly offers nothing going forward! Maybe you can tell me more about what it is he is doing well just now other than giving 100% commitment which I don't disagree with?

Aldo
03-01-2012, 11:54 AM
No I am hung up on ability and Stevenson is very limited in that area. If he's the man responsible for breaking up the oppositions play at the minute then he's not doing a very good job and he certainly offers nothing going forward! Maybe you can tell me more about what it is he is doing well just now other than giving 100% commitment which I don't disagree with?

Stevenson was carrying Pallsson, Sproule and Galbraith. The only reason I don't mention Scott cos at least he ran and harried ( that's all tho) out his depth IMHO.

Stevenson has been our best player in recent weeks m. Showing commitment and trying at least. He tried to out his foot in the ball but got no support from the other MF. Him and Ozzy ( he we really missed ) were playing for each other.

We have no MF and Stevenson at least was trying not to hide unlike others

hibee81
03-01-2012, 11:55 AM
No I am hung up on ability and Stevenson is very limited in that area. If he's the man responsible for breaking up the oppositions play at the minute then he's not doing a very good job and he certainly offers nothing going forward! Maybe you can tell me more about what it is he is doing well just now other than giving 100% commitment which I don't disagree with?Stevenson is currently the only player in the team able to maintain possession, and he does it well. The players around him make it look like a hot tattie there playing with punting 70 yards for someone to chase (recently stevenson). His ability to get hold of the ball and play a simple yet effective pass is a boost and if we can get a creative player in midfield then he will become an even better asset, his 100% commitment is what alot of others on here seem to go on about but he is more than that hes been at hibs for a fair time now, seen 4 or so different managers and none of them have let him go, must see something in the lad that all us experts dont. all IMO of course he is the stand out player since fenlon arrived.

Cropley10
03-01-2012, 12:04 PM

Calum Murray booked him for his fist tackle of the game, a foul. Unless you wanted him to get sent off his ability to break up possession was diminished.

How nice it must have been for Hearts to have our make-shift RB AND our defensive midfielder on yellows after, what, 10 minutes?

Postman
03-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Stevenson was carrying Pallsson, Sproule and Galbraith. The only reason I don't mention Scott cos at least he ran and harried ( that's all tho) out his depth IMHO.

Stevenson has been our best player in recent weeks m. Showing commitment and trying at least. He tried to out his foot in the ball but got no support from the other MF. Him and Ozzy ( he we really missed ) were playing for each other.

We have no MF and Stevenson at least was trying not to hide unlike others

Stevenson did not carry anyone yesterday and for me Palsson did alright yesterday. Palsson and Osbourne would be the best midfield paiting we have at the minute. Sproule and Galbraith should never be anywhere near the team on a Saturday afternoon. Sproule is at best a late impact player to bring on if chasing the game bur even then he doesn't seem to have the pace he used to. I've never seen a professional footballer who looks more uncomfrtable with the ball at his feet than he does.

Stevenson has survived several managers who I think its fair to say have not been the best judge of a player which is why they have all been sacked! He is commited and I would love for the lad to be a top player for Hibs but he just never will be in my opinion

Scouse Hibee
03-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Stevenson did not carry anyone yesterday and for me Palsson did alright yesterday. Palsson and Osbourne would be the best midfield paiting we have at the minute. Sproule and Galbraith should never be anywhere near the team on a Saturday afternoon. Sproule is at best a late impact player to bring on if chasing the game bur even then he doesn't seem to have the pace he used to. I've never seen a professional footballer who looks more uncomfrtable with the ball at his feet than he does.

Stevenson has survived several managers who I think its fair to say have not been the best judge of a player which is why they have all been sacked! He is commited and I would love for the lad to be a top player for Hibs but he just never will be in my opinion

NO I think it's fairer to say that you are not the best judge of a player, numerous managers and plenty of supporters who can see the performances that Stevenson is capable of and has produced of late bear that out!

Aldo
03-01-2012, 04:24 PM

Stevenson for me has been the best Hibs player in the last. Umber of games. Since PF took over. For me both him and Ozzy in middle of park. What has Pallsson done to deserve any plaudits.
Lewis has rolled up his sleeves and got stuck in. He has the ability he is in a very very poor team. Let's hope Ozzy is back for the pars game.

TornadoHibby
03-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Calum Murray booked him for his fist tackle of the game, a foul. Unless you wanted him to get sent off his ability to break up possession was diminished.

How nice it must have been for Hearts to have our make-shift RB AND our defensive midfielder on yellows after, what, 10 minutes?

And then for a blatant penalty (Webster hauling Griffiths down) not given, retaliation (against Sproule) by McGowan not dealt with by red card to McGowan, AND THEN 1st and 3rd goals not being disallowed due to blatantly obvious offside (Elliot for 1st goal and Sutton near half way line for the 3rd)!!!!

Is the West Stand linesman also a Hearts fan as the referee is I understand!??

Postman
03-01-2012, 05:54 PM
NO I think it's fairer to say that you are not the best judge of a player, numerous managers and plenty of supporters who can see the performances that Stevenson is capable of and has produced of late bear that out!

Our record since he came back into the team is P9 W0 D3 L6 F5 A15. The only time he has started in a winning team this season was our away win at Caley early on in the season when he'd already been subbed when we scored and we were very lucky to sneak it that day. Yeah lets convince ourselves he's doing a job and blame it all on everyone else around him not allowing him to do his job and enjoy his simple passing and commitment week after week. Of course there are plenty others to blame for the mess we're in but believe me Lewis is a major part of the problem

Scouse Hibee
03-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Our record since he came back into the team is P9 W0 D3 L6 F5 A15. The only time he has started in a winning team this season was our away win at Caley early on in the season when he'd already been subbed when we scored and we were very lucky to sneak it that day. Yeah lets convince ourselves he's doing a job and blame it all on everyone else around him not allowing him to do his job and enjoy his simple passing and commitment week after week. Of course there are plenty others to blame for the mess we're in but believe me Lewis is a major part of the problem

I did wonder whether you have actually been watching his performances of late, when you print stats of games he's played in to back up your argument I think clearly you haven't. Oh dear what a pathetic attempt...........................next!

madabouthibs
03-01-2012, 06:15 PM

Stevenson didn't really play very much for any of the last two managers, perhaps about 15 to 20 starts over 2 seasons. Maybe these guys would still be managing Hibs if he'd started more often? :wink:

matty_f
03-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Stevenson didn't really play very much for any of the last two managers, perhaps about 15 to 20 starts over 2 seasons. Maybe these guys would still be managing Hibs if he'd started more often? :wink:

Stevenson's versatility has been his saving grace over the years, IMHO. Capable of filling in at centre or left mid, and at left back, he's a useful squad player to have about.

Postman
03-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I did wonder whether you have actually been watching his performances of late, when you print stats of games he's played in to back up your argument I think clearly you haven't. Oh dear what a pathetic attempt...........................next!

Of course, statistics like that are irrelevant I suppose! He's in a key position in the centre of the park for a team that never wins, concedes too many and scores too few but never mind, keep it up Lewis you're a stand out in a poor team and its everyone else's fault! Have I been watching, yes. Have I been impressed, no. Not sure exactly what it is I should be impressed with. For such a good player I'm really surprised at the lack of interest there has been in him over the years!

RIP
03-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Lewis will be club captain soon. He has muscled up well and within the next year will be leading the team out.

Scouse Hibee
03-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Of course, statistics like that are irrelevant I suppose! He's in a key position in the centre of the park for a team that never wins, concedes too many and scores too few but never mind, keep it up Lewis you're a stand out in a poor team and its everyone else's fault! Have I been watching, yes. Have I been impressed, no. Not sure exactly what it is I should be impressed with. For such a good player I'm really surprised at the lack of interest there has been in him over the years!

Steven Gerrard couldn't improve them stats playing in the middle of the park in that team! You get my point? I have never said it's everyones elses fault, but if you have been watching but can't see then maybe your one of those people that can't really see what a player brings to a team unless he's a headline maker! At the end of the day though it's all about opinions I suppose.

Postman
03-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Stevenson's versatility has been his saving grace over the years, IMHO. Capable of filling in at centre or left mid, and at left back, he's a useful squad player to have about.

Agreed, it has kept him at the club and now that he's been given his chance he has failed to take it in my opinion. Attitude and commitment are not enough. Could maybe keep him as cover but we need better in the middle of the park. If he plays there till the end of the season we are not going to pull clear IMO

Postman
03-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Steven Gerrard couldn't improve them stats playing in the middle of the park in that team! You get my point? I have never said it's everyones elses fault, but if you have been watching but can't see then maybe your one of those people that can't really see what a player brings to a team unless he's a headline maker! At the end of the day though it's all about opinions I suppose.

Eh, aye he could?!! Lewis Stevenson can't though!

I get your point but its not well made

Scouse Hibee
03-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Eh, aye he could?!! Lewis Stevenson can't though!

I get your point but its not well made

:confused: So one man could change our fortunes eh!

Postman
03-01-2012, 07:04 PM
:confused: So one man could change our fortunes eh!

Well i'd put a few quid on us staying up if he signed in the Jan window that's for sure! Top 6 might be a push though...

Jones28
03-01-2012, 09:33 PM

If it's OK with you, naw :)

Are you blaming Lewis for our having not won any games? Considering that in the games he has played he looked head and shoulders above the rest of the team.

As a previous post said, if everyone was fulfilling there role as well as he is doing in the mid-field, we would be well out of the danger zone

Postman
03-01-2012, 09:52 PM
If it's OK with you, naw :)

Are you blaming Lewis for our having not won any games? Considering that in the games he has played he looked head and shoulders above the rest of the team.

As a previous post said, if everyone was fulfilling there role as well as he is doing in the mid-field, we would be well out of the danger zone

The last sentence I wrote was 'Of course there are plenty others to blame for the mess we're in but believe me Lewis is a major part of the problem' and then ask me if i'm blaming Lewis for not having won any games?! I am saying Lewis is IMO part of the problem which some don't agree with. That's fair enough, all about opinions

What is this 'role' he is supposedly fulfilling so well having played in such an unsuccessful team this year?

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Lewis will be club captain soon. He has muscled up well and within the next year will be leading the team out.

Few months sharp with the April Fools mate :cb

.Sean.
04-01-2012, 12:49 AM
If we had good players on the left and the right, Stevenson and Osbourne could turn out to be quite handy in the middle.

Jones28
04-01-2012, 07:17 PM
The last sentence I wrote was 'Of course there are plenty others to blame for the mess we're in but believe me Lewis is a major part of the problem' and then ask me if i'm blaming Lewis for not having won any games?! I am saying Lewis is IMO part of the problem which some don't agree with. That's fair enough, all about opinions

What is this 'role' he is supposedly fulfilling so well having played in such an unsuccessful team this year?

If you read MY post more carefully, you'll find that I disbelieve Stevenson is a major part of the problem. In fact I think Stevenson will be an important player for Hibs in the future. A natural leader who has the basic skills which are severely lacking in most of our squad. He is a better player than Towell, Scott, Wotherspoon and Palsson in the middle of the park and I think Fenlon knows it. The fact that Ludo has been the only consistently started mid-fielder since he took over makes me think he has a future at Hibs.

His role is to break the play up and distribute the ball, from the defence through the middle of the park and feed the more attacking players. Also, your point about size in that sort of role is p!sh. Roy Keane, Neil Lennon (I hate him too, this is for arguments sake) and even Barry Ferguson are very good at this, they tackled and passed, the took passes from the defence and spread the ball around, and none of them are exactly tall, 5ft 10, 5ft 9 and 5ft 10 respectively. At the restart on Monday, Sproule took a long pass which came from Stevenson (IIRC, I'll admit it if I'm wrong, the highlights don't actually show who played the pass) and the switch of play created space for him to run into, resulting in the goal.

Holmesdale Hibs
04-01-2012, 09:31 PM
If we had good players on the left and the right, Stevenson and Osbourne could turn out to be quite handy in the middle.

If we had good players I don't reckon Stevenson would get in the team.

I have nothing against him - has been a good servant to the club for some and have never seen him give anything other than 100%. Thing is I don't think he would be any more than a squad player if we ever reach the level we should be aspiring to (say top 4 for now).

I don't think he would stand out or even be guaranteed to start for most top 6 teams. I agree he's been one of our best players recently but IMO that says as much about the lack of ability in the squad as it does about Lewis. Wouldn't get in Mowbray's team and they finished 4th.

Postman
04-01-2012, 10:06 PM
If you read MY post more carefully, you'll find that I disbelieve Stevenson is a major part of the problem. In fact I think Stevenson will be an important player for Hibs in the future. A natural leader who has the basic skills which are severely lacking in most of our squad. He is a better player than Towell, Scott, Wotherspoon and Palsson in the middle of the park and I think Fenlon knows it. The fact that Ludo has been the only consistently started mid-fielder since he took over makes me think he has a future at Hibs.

His role is to break the play up and distribute the ball, from the defence through the middle of the park and feed the more attacking players. Also, your point about size in that sort of role is p!sh. Roy Keane, Neil Lennon (I hate him too, this is for arguments sake) and even Barry Ferguson are very good at this, they tackled and passed, the took passes from the defence and spread the ball around, and none of them are exactly tall, 5ft 10, 5ft 9 and 5ft 10 respectively. At the restart on Monday, Sproule took a long pass which came from Stevenson (IIRC, I'll admit it if I'm wrong, the highlights don't actually show who played the pass) and the switch of play created space for him to run into, resulting in the goal.

Ludo?? A natural leader as well?? Are you for real! Basic skills and committed to the cause yes! A leader, no!

For me he's not better than Palsson and Wotherspoon and Towell are not centre midfielders despite being played there on occassion. Don't rate Scott so fair enough

Okay, what you seem to be missing is that opposition play is not being broken up by anyone in the Hibs team right now and if that's the job he's been assigned then that's definitely a problem! He has been the only consistently started midfielder since Fenlon came but he still hasn't won a game so some things have to change and I think this is one of them.

Of course small players can be a success of that there is no doubt but its harder for them and Lewis is also a good bit smaller than all three short playere you've listed but here's hoping we have the next Roy Keane on our hands...

Jones28
04-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Ludo?? A natural leader as well?? Are you for real! Basic skills and committed to the cause yes! A leader, no!

For me he's not better than Palsson and Wotherspoon and Towell are not centre midfielders despite being played there on occassion. Don't rate Scott so fair enough

Okay, what you seem to be missing is that opposition play is not being broken up by anyone in the Hibs team right now and if that's the job he's been assigned then that's definitely a problem! He has been the only consistently started midfielder since Fenlon came but he still hasn't won a game so some things have to change and I think this is one of them.

Of course small players can be a success of that there is no doubt but its harder for them and Lewis is also a good bit smaller than all three short playere you've listed but here's hoping we have the next Roy Keane on our hands...

Yeah. I am for real funnily enough, why else would I waste my time arguing with someone who is blatantly disagreeing with me?

It's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but it's unfair for one of our better performers to be the butt of your argument.

I'm not missing that at all. Lewis was unable to break the play up effectively on Monday because he received an early booking for scything down Ian Black. Is it not the case that he is consistently started because he is the only one Fenlon feels is good enough?

Stevenson has been unfairly abused on this board in the past and based on what you're saying you were one of those who were at it.

Postman
04-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Yeah. I am for real funnily enough, why else would I waste my time arguing with someone who is blatantly disagreeing with me?

It's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but it's unfair for one of our better performers to be the butt of your argument.

I'm not missing that at all. Lewis was unable to break the play up effectively on Monday because he received an early booking for scything down Ian Black. Is it not the case that he is consistently started because he is the only one Fenlon feels is good enough?

Stevenson has been unfairly abused on this board in the past and based on what you're saying you were one of those who were at it.

I wasn't as I haven't posted on here that often in the past, I have however felt that way for a while about him. After a promising start it has never really happened for him. He's handy as a squad player at this level but no more for me. The fact that he has become one of the first names on the teamsheet right now shows how bad things have got. He seems a very likeable character with a good attitude which is maybe part of, not the only reason my opinion has annoyed some on here. Look, I would love to be proved wrong by Lewis, he will still get my support every Saturday at the games but a couple of average performances in the worst Hibs team in many a year will not change my overall opinion of him as a player.

I was just responding to a thread with his name in the title, I actually feel the biggest problem we have in our first team right now is Ivan Sproule, but that's for another thread I'd say!