PDA

View Full Version : O hanlon and Victor Pallson at the 3d goal( and sign John Sutton)

hibeg
02-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Kids teams would have defended that goal better than our defence.
o hanlon muscled off the ball and the icelandic superkid just did not track the run from skacel. opened up like a tin of sardines from a goal kick FFS.
Just about every week this clueless defending from allegedly pro footballers makes me want to weep.
If PF has any money to spend after surely signing a new defence, then please bid for a big strong CF like Sutton.

PeterboroHibee
02-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Whilst the first goal was offside, Hanlon and Palsson both lost their men.

Second goal, Webster was Palssons man, they both went up for the ball and Webster was quick to respond to the ball being held up to finish (why is it that players of every other team seem to be quicker and have more hunger to get to the ball?).

Sick of the rubbish defending by individuals, you see it every set piece, they fall asleep, lose their men and it costs us goals. Alot of it is to with a real lack of leaders on the pitch.

hibeg
02-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Disagree mate, nothing to do with lack of leaders, just BASIC defending by guys who get paid to do a job.

justlikebrazil
02-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Every set piece today and hibs were all over the place. No heart for a derby same old Pish!!!

easty
02-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Every set piece today and hibs were all over the place. No heart for a derby same old Pish!!!

True. I've no idea what we were doing at the corner for the first goal, with that little line dancing routine we seemed to be setting up. O'Hanlon seemed to be the dance troop leader and they certainly seemed to be more interested in getting into position, than actually following thier men or making a challenge when the ball was played in.

Bostonhibby
02-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Kids teams would have defended that goal better than our defence.
o hanlon muscled off the ball and the icelandic superkid just did not track the run from skacel. opened up like a tin of sardines from a goal kick FFS.
Just about every week this clueless defending from allegedly pro footballers makes me want to weep.
If PF has any money to spend after surely signing a new defence, then please bid for a big strong CF like Sutton.

Ohanlon is out of his depth, Pallson was on the pitch? Thanks for the update, I will need to watch it closely again.

cabbageandribs1875
02-01-2012, 03:14 PM
just checked on the BBC match update and palsson was indeed playing

Bostonhibby
02-01-2012, 03:17 PM

What as, or who with?

cabbageandribs1875
02-01-2012, 03:24 PM
What as, or who with?

he must have been busy at some point(not that i noticed tho), picked up a booking

Scorrie
02-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Ohanlon is out of his depth, Pallson was on the pitch? Thanks for the update, I will need to watch it closely again.

Totally agree. I think that O Hanlon tries but is a lower league player at best. Thought he could have done better with the first goal as well as he seemed to miss a header which Webster got. Pallson's attitude is woeful. For the ex-captain of Liverpool reserves he clearly must have some ability but is now just lazy. V poor

Bostonhibby
02-01-2012, 03:25 PM
he must have been busy at some point(not that i noticed tho), picked up a booking

I had my reply already prepared :wink:

Has to be one of those mistaken identity bookings?

Aldo
02-01-2012, 03:29 PM

Pallsson not interested contributed nowt.

Players for me to go

Pallsson
Scott
Galbraith
O hanlon
Sproule
Hart

Bostonhibby
02-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Totally agree. I think that O Hanlon tries but is a lower league player at best. Thought he could have done better with the first goal as well as he seemed to miss a header which Webster got. Pallson's attitude is woeful. For the ex-captain of Liverpool reserves he clearly must have some ability but is now just lazy. V poor

Hear what you say, maybe the ability was there at Anfield but if the attitude wasn't then at Anfield you are always going to get found out quick and / or by passed quickly by someone who does get stuck in.

Scorrie
02-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Hear what you say, maybe the ability was there at Anfield but if the attitude wasn't then at Anfield you are always going to get found out quick and / or by passed quickly by someone who does get stuck in.

Yep I think that is what happened. I wondered at the time why they let him go and now I suspect why.

Hibees07
02-01-2012, 06:00 PM

Players for me to go

Pallsson
Scott
Galbraith
O hanlon
Sproule
Hart

You've forgotten:

Hanlon - 1st Division standard
Stack - woeful (cannot believe he actually saved a penalty)
Griffiths - Ist Division Standard
O'connor - Does't give a shi£.

There really is not a single player I would lose any sleep over should they leave. This team is absolute dross.

Jones28
02-01-2012, 06:08 PM
You've forgotten:

Hanlon - 1st Division standard
Stack - woeful (cannot believe he actually saved a penalty)
Griffiths - Ist Division Standard
O'connor - Does't give a shi£.

There really is not a single player I would lose any sleep over should they leave. This team is absolute dross.

:faf:Jeezo, thats opinion for you!

Without Stack, Black would've had a hat-trick.

Griffiths, well he did alright considering he was up front, on his own, with only a mid-fielder up alongside him

Elephant Stone
02-01-2012, 06:13 PM

Players for me to go

Pallsson
Scott
Galbraith
O hanlon
Sproule
Hart

I still think Palsson has something to offer. I thought he was actually pretty good today in the centre, showed signs of what excited us when he first arrived. If we got a bit of luck somewhere and went on a run I'm positive we'd see a different side to a lot of our players with a bit of confidence and momentum, Palsson is one of them IMO.

McCrae
02-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Whilst the first goal was offside.

Nope, goal was onside. Can't be offside from a corner when the ball is played backwards.

JimBHibees
02-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Nope, goal was onside. Can't be offside from a corner when the ball is played backwards.

Elliott was offside from the Webster header ducking right in front of the goalie, clearly offside.

Broken Gnome
02-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Victor Palsson was not lazy today. Not great, but pressed the ball as much as anyone on the pitch.

Wage thief/uninterested/doesn't give a **** have just become token buzzwords and cliches on this board. Does anyone really think the likes of Paul Hanlon and Leigh Griffiths don't give a crap? They're not good enough and the limited ability they have is further hidden by a huge lack of confidence. Doesn't mean they don't care.

McCrae
02-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Elliott was offside from the Webster header ducking right in front of the goalie, clearly offside.

Nope that's not the rule. If he had touched the ball he would have been offside. He didnt so ref called it right.

If it had been a simple cross across the box rather than a corner he would have been offside, but he couldnt be because the ball was played behind him.

JimBHibees
02-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Nope that's not the rule. If he had touched the ball he would have been offside. He didnt so ref called it right.

If it had been a simple cross across the box rather than a corner he would have been offside, but he couldnt be because the ball was played behind him.

Nonsense he ducks out of the way of the ball a yard away from the goalie, of course he is interfering in play and offside.

Broken Gnome
02-01-2012, 06:31 PM

The second part has nothing is to with whether he was offside or not...

Hibees07
02-01-2012, 06:31 PM
:faf:Jeezo, thats opinion for you!

Without Stack, Black would've had a hat-trick.

Griffiths, well he did alright considering he was up front, on his own, with only a mid-fielder up alongside him

I'm not just talking about today's game but pretty much any keeper would have saved those shots after all that's what he is there for.

Stack is hopless off his line & clearly does not inspire any confidence in his defence. The fact that we lose so many goals at set pieces sums up Stack for me, no organisation or command of his area, poor, poor, poor.

Sas_The_Hibby
02-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Disagree mate, nothing to do with lack of leaders, just BASIC defending by guys who get paid to do a job.

Leadership is, actually, EVERYTHING to do with it both on and, more importantly, off the pitch. The club's problems lie much deeper than the inadequacies of a few defenders. Or do you think bringing in a few players in the January window will suddenly halt the serious decline this club has undergone over the last 5 years?

machibby
02-01-2012, 07:12 PM

You're talking absolute gash, have a look at the footage and then come back with your tail between your legs. Elliott was clearly offside and interfering in play. Should never have been a goal.

TrinityHibs
02-01-2012, 07:33 PM

Why dont you just go and crawl back under your stone. £40M and diiving

truehibernian
02-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Leadership is indeed key, but look at the Hearts players reactions when they scored....yes, elation, but look closer....a few players looking like it was their last game....look at Medhi when he walked off.....knowing (to me) that the injury was a right bugger to any move.......that said, they play as a galvanised squad.....we don't.....the problems at Hibs start at the top.....too many directors, too many yes men......then the, team....too many unfit, smoking, drinking so called pros......Stack, GOC, Palsson.....get rid.....ALL of them.....total clean slate......none care about Hibs, hence,we are where we are ....no ' captains', no leaders, 11 individuals thrown together....a rabble for want of a better word....that's why I say to fans, name and shame them when they are bevvying til all hours.....they quite simply don't care......more into beer and up town......and we owe it to the fans, like Sir Alex did, to get right in about them for their unprofessionalism....because they are....unfit, misguided, unprofessional so called footballers. Buck stops with them, not the new manager....they are not good enough.....whole squad. They will find out post 31st Jan when no other decent club wants them. Hearts had heart today....Hibs whimpered......and that's been the way for years, and for me, enough is enough. Sell em, get rid, get Rod out, and lets reenergise Hibernian.....if we don't, we will be what we have been all this decade......a damp wee squib that flatters to deceive !

Makaveli
02-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Leadership is indeed key, but look at the Hearts players reactions when they scored....yes, elation, but look closer....a few players looking like it was their last game....look at Medhi when he walked off.....knowing (to me) that the injury was a right bugger to any move.......that said, they play as a galvanised squad.....we don't.....the problems at Hibs start at the top.....too many directors, too many yes men......then the, team....too many unfit, smoking, drinking so called pros......Stack, GOC, Palsson.....get rid.....ALL of them.....total clean slate......none care about Hibs, hence,we are where we are ....no ' captains', no leaders, 11 individuals thrown together....a rabble for want of a better word....that's why I say to fans, name and shame them when they are bevvying til all hours.....they quite simply don't care......more into beer and up town......and we owe it to the fans, like Sir Alex did, to get right in about them for their unprofessionalism....because they are....unfit, misguided, unprofessional so called footballers. Buck stops with them, not the new manager....they are not good enough.....whole squad. They will find out post 31st Jan when no other decent club wants them. Hearts had heart today....Hibs whimpered......and that's been the way for years, and for me, enough is enough. Sell em, get rid, get Rod out, and lets reenergise Hibernian.....if we don't, we will be what we have been all this decade......a damp wee squib that flatters to deceive !

I didn't see that today. It has been true for the last few years but today I saw good effort from a poor Hibs side. For most of the match it looked like we wanted it more - several of their players were pulling out of 50/50s and if anything some of ours were going in a bit hard.

Two set pieces again :rolleyes:... then caught out with too many bodies upfield. If you look beyond the scoreline and late goals it wasn't the typical derby day capitulation/surrender we've endured so often.

Heart wasn't the problem today; they're just better than us in every position.

millarco
02-01-2012, 08:35 PM
I still think Palsson has something to offer. I thought he was actually pretty good today in the centre, showed signs of what excited us when he first arrived. If we got a bit of luck somewhere and went on a run I'm positive we'd see a different side to a lot of our players with a bit of confidence and momentum, Palsson is one of them IMO.

I agree, thought Palsson was decent and got around the pitch well. Not sure where this perceived attitude/laziness tag has come from but seems to be an easy stick to beat him with. I think the likes of him, Wotherspoon, Booth, Hanlon and Griffiths have the potential to be good players. We're asking them to be our best players just now though. They're having to develop in a horrible atmosphere where there is nobody to look up to. Hopefully we can revamp the whole team as soon as finances allow; the team is crying out for quality leaders that can form the spine of the side and help these players develop.

Fifer
02-01-2012, 08:50 PM
any move.......that said, they play as a galvanised squad.....we don't.....the problems at Hibs start at the top.....too many directors, too many yes men......then the, team....too many unfit, smoking, [QUOTE=truehibernian;3060286]Leadership is indeed key, but look at the Hearts players reactions when they scored....yes, elation, but look closer....a few players looking like it was their last game....look at Medhi when he walked off.....knowing (to me) that the injury was a right bugger to drinking so called pros......Stack, GOC, Palsson.....get rid.....ALL of them.....total clean slate......none care about Hibs, hence,we are where we are ....no ' captains', no leaders, 11 individuals thrown together....a rabble for want of a better word....that's why I say to fans, name and shame them when they are bevvying til all hours.....they quite simply don't care......more into beer and up town......and we owe it to the fans, like Sir Alex did, to get right in about them for their unprofessionalism....because they are....unfit, misguided, unprofessional so called footballers. Buck stops with them, not the new manager....they are not good enough.....whole squad. They will find out post 31st Jan when no other decent club wants them. Hearts had heart today....Hibs whimpered......and that's been the way for years, and for me, enough is enough. Sell em, get rid, get Rod out, and lets reenergise Hibernian.....if we don't, we will be what we have been all this decade......a damp wee squib that flatters to deceive ![/Q

:top marks We are sick and tired of being short changed, it's been happening for years now. Rod Petrie and the rest of them. You have 1 last chance this window to save us, or yo are f****** along with the rest of us.

Aldo
03-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Paul Hanlon has did everything asked of him by his 3 managers this season and for a young lad has played 3 positions

CH, LB and yesterday at RB to accommodate Murray.

As we all now enough is never good enough when we are in this.

Leadership for me is required and a more mobile back line cos OHanlon runs like he's wearing lead boots.

I still think PF is the man for the job and given the time and right funding he will get us moving in the right direction. The next few weeks will be very interesting to see who indeed will be leaving and who will be coming in??

Speedy
03-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Nonsense he ducks out of the way of the ball a yard away from the goalie, of course he is interfering in play and offside.

By the laws of the game, he wasn't offside.

I think that particular law(i.e definition of "interfering with play") is a lot of nade but the ref called it right.

Edit: Looks like it was offside as he was "interfering with an opponent"...silly me :greengrin

MrRobot
03-01-2012, 08:59 AM
How is Palsson getting the blame? If I remember correctly, our 2 centre backs were nowhere to be seen, they are the ones who should be back defending as you know they are the defenders.
Palsson got back and tried. Him, Stevenson and Hanlon were the only ones not afraid to tackle.

Not gonna defend Palsson and say he has been great recently but yesterday was a massive improvement. What I dont get it why hes getting the scapegoat treatment. He's hardly played yet when he come on, he's expected to be the best player, any passes go astray and hes rank again?

Cause he came from Liverpool theres a massive hype on his shoulders? He is 20 years old ffs, cant be expecting the finished article. He played well when he first game but has since been chucked into RB by CC which was a joke, no wonder he didnt play. Theres much worse players and there have been much worse performances than just Palssons.

allezsauzee
03-01-2012, 09:02 AM
I think Palsson did ok yesterday. We badly need some leadership on the park to help younger players like VP.

MrRobot
03-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Exactly. We need experience. At the moment I think the team is too young. We need somebody with more experience guiding them.

Speedy
03-01-2012, 12:09 PM
By the laws of the game, he wasn't offside.

I think that particular law(i.e definition of "interfering with play") is a lot of nade but the ref called it right.

Edit: Looks like it was offside as he was "interfering with an opponent"...silly me :greengrin

Looks like I was wrong in the above post.

Page 106 of this document covers it:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12_en.pdf