PDA

View Full Version : Yogi on the radio after game.

silverhibee
02-01-2012, 02:26 PM
He said that Fenlon needed serious money to bring in 3 quality players and that the board/owner needed to invest more money for the manager to bring these players in, but he then said that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys in.

Heard we have two Irish boys at EM doing training so Fenlon can have a look at them. Dont know names.

Cropley10
02-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Well it's thanks to Yogi we have (f)Hart and had to pay for Eddie too. Yogi slavers psih.

essexhibee
02-01-2012, 02:37 PM
He said that Fenlon needed serious money to bring in 3 quality players and that the board/owner needed to invest more money for the manager to bring these players in, but he then said that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys in.

Heard we have two Irish boys at EM doing training so Fenlon can have a look at them. Dont know names.

I'm a bit worried to be honest if all we are looking at is LOI players. Bit like yogi taking all ex-falkirk guys.

PeterboroHibee
02-01-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm a bit worried to be honest if all we are looking at is LOI players. Bit like yogi taking all ex-falkirk guys.

I dont think its a bad thing, Fenlons going to have the greatest knowledge of players from over there.

We need guys like Brown etc though to guide him who to bring in in terms of SPL players as those players alone wont be enough, we need guys who are experienced at this level (but who arent imposters like the current lot).

essexhibee
02-01-2012, 02:45 PM
I dont think its a bad thing, Fenlons going to have the greatest knowledge of players from over there.

We need guys like Brown etc though to guide him who to bring in in terms of SPL players as those players alone wont be enough, we need guys who are experienced at this level (but who arent imposters like the current lot).

Fair point.

He will have the greatest knowledge i agree but will these guys be good enough for our league. We need to change so many players its frightening. For me the thing today was that i looked at the hearts bench and they have strength in depth, they have a decent squad which we nowhere near have.

paxtonhibby
02-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Fair point.

He will have the greatest knowledge i agree but will these guys be good enough for our league. We need to change so many players its frightening. For me the thing today was that i looked at the hearts bench and they have strength in depth, they have a decent squad which we nowhere near have.
They have strength in depth and decent squad at a price though don't you agree ?

SteveHFC
02-01-2012, 02:49 PM
It's thanks to Yogi and Calderwood we are in this mess.

Postman
02-01-2012, 02:52 PM

The League of Ireland is very well scouted these days so we shouldn't kid ourselves that we'll be getting the pick from over there as our manager is Irish. The best will still end up in the Premiership reserves or the Championship!

thebausburst
02-01-2012, 02:55 PM

I agree 100%, signing a bunch of LOI players is NOT going to get us out of this. I heard the yogi discussion and agree we need quality, real quality down the spine of the side.

essexhibee
02-01-2012, 02:59 PM
They have strength in depth and decent squad at a price though don't you agree ?

Ye thats true.:agree:

Thing is though as always i think they will worm their way out. They always seem to? This supposed implosion has meant to have come for ages now, still waiting...the firesale has meant to have happened by now...they sold fringe players. And they always beat us. Now unbeaten in 9 derbies. :rolleyes: Unless they go into oblivion it was worth the price.

silverhibee
02-01-2012, 03:06 PM

Did the guy Kenny at the Pars go down that route filling the team with Irish players and got reladated.

There may be one or two promising players over the water but i hope we dont go down that road.

SteveHFC
02-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Did the guy Kenny at the Pars go down that route filling the team with Irish players and got reladated.

There may be one or two promising players over the water but i hope we dont go down that road.

:agree:

weecounty hibby
02-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Ye thats true.:agree:

Thing is though as always i think they will worm their way out. They always seem to? This supposed implosion has meant to have come for ages now, still waiting...the firesale has meant to have happened by now...they sold fringe players. And they always beat us. Now unbeaten in 9 derbies. :rolleyes: Unless they go into oblivion it was worth the price.

This is the bit that most Hibs fans don't get. I'm sick to death of hearing ££££milions in debt, crap stadium, players not paid, HMRC to be paid, near bankruptcy and all just to win two Scottish Cups. We always like to forget the champ league qualifier, Europa league group stages, qualifying for Europe more than us and a hatful of derby wins and constantly being talked up in the press and always at the right end of the table. Unless they do go tits up I would swap them right now for all of that.
We are the real joke at the moment, it should be us pushing on but instaed we have allowed Motherwell, Killie, Dundee Utd and even St Johnston FFs to overtake us.

Davy Mac
02-01-2012, 03:11 PM

Agreed :agree:

But you wonder if that was part of Fenlon's pitch at the interview and RP thought hang on I see an opportunity here......:cb:rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
02-01-2012, 03:11 PM

Did he???

Pretty Boy
02-01-2012, 03:37 PM
There's surely a difference between signing poor LOI players and cherry picking a few of the best.

Killie did it with Heffernan and Sammon, Dundee United did it with Sean Dillon. I'm sure there are other examples as well. I don't think anyone would suggest we sign bog standard Irish players for no reason.

Part/Time Supporter
02-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Did he???

According to soccerbase, Dunfy only signed one Irish player that season (Bobby Ryan from Shelbourne). Their only other signings by Kenny before they were relegated were Tam McManus on a free (who actually did quite well for them IIRC) and Stephen Glass on loan from Hibs.

This could become one of those Hibs.net myths.

ScottB
02-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Has he nothing better to do with his time?

ancient hibee
02-01-2012, 03:44 PM
I agree 100%, signing a bunch of LOI players is NOT going to get us out of this. I heard the yogi discussion and agree we need quality, real quality down the spine of the side.

Perhaps Hughes could recommend a box to box Dutch midfielder?

Saorsa
02-01-2012, 03:45 PM

Heard we have two Irish boys at EM doing training so Fenlon can have a look at them. Dont know names.well he wasted good money on two of the most expensive monkeys we've had lately so he'd be better keeping his trap shut.

Bostonhibby
02-01-2012, 03:47 PM

Like the sound of this Yogi guy, he seems to know what he is talking about:wink: maybe we should bring him in, and find the money for Boo Bo to help him, he'll save us.

Slavering fowk ken whats going on.

Nae problem wi Fenlon trying out what he knows is quickly available if they are any use and low risk if they are not, we have some real dead weights tied in on deals just now.

johnrebus
02-01-2012, 03:55 PM
[/COLOR][/U][/B]This is the bit that most Hibs fans don't get. I'm sick to death of hearing ££££milions in debt, crap stadium, players not paid, HMRC to be paid, near bankruptcy and all just to win two Scottish Cups. We always like to forget the champ league qualifier, Europa league group stages, qualifying for Europe more than us and a hatful of derby wins and constantly being talked up in the press and always at the right end of the table. Unless they do go tits up I would swap them right now for all of that.
We are the real joke at the moment, it should be us pushing on but instaed we have allowed Motherwell, Killie, Dundee Utd and even St Johnston FFs to overtake us.

It may be painful to take right now, but have patience.

Who knows where Hearts will be in six months time?

Shorn of all the high earners and with a team full of teenagers and the odd journeyman, Tynecastle awaiting the wreckers ball and a budget cut to the bone, the world will seem like a different place.

And what of Hibs?

Everything else is in place, sooner or later we will get it right on the pitch.

Alfred E Newman
02-01-2012, 03:57 PM
I heard Yogis interview on the way home and it really was the same old rubbish. The guy maybe does have real feelings for the club but to keep blowing his own trumpet about his spell at the club is wearing a bit thin. He listed the `fantastic squad ` he assembled, yes the same squad that under his leadership stumbled into 4th place after a slump that saw us lose to Ross County in the cup, lose 5-1 at Perth, 4-1 at Hamilton not to mention the 6-6 debacle. Add to that the fact that he couldn`t muster one victory against Hearts and after almost blowing a European slot managed to engineer an exit from that tounament before I came back from my holidays.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2012, 04:10 PM

Hence why we got him as a manager, looks like a monkey and grunts like a gorilla during interviews!

McD
02-01-2012, 04:11 PM
I heard Yogis interview on the way home and it really was the same old rubbish. The guy maybe does have real feelings for the club but to keep blowing his own trumpet about his spell at the club is wearing a bit thin. He listed the `fantastic squad ` he assembled, yes the same squad that under his leadership stumbled into 4th place after a slump that saw us lose to Ross County in the cup, lose 5-1 at Perth, 4-1 at Hamilton not to mention the 6-6 debacle. Add to that the fact that he couldn`t muster one victory against Hearts and after almost blowing a European slot managed to engineer an exit from that tounament before I came back from my holidays.

Exactly! I wish Yogi would shut the **** up and piss off. You'd think he was some kind of professional spokeman on HIbs, its all he talk about. Get a life man, or at least, go and get a job elsewhere.....oh wait, nobody will employ you after your piss poor job at Hibs.

Yes you finished 4th, but only after an abysmal 2nd half of the season, including some awful results mentioned above. You got us pumped out of europe with our 2 best goalscorers spectating from the bench. You acquired some honking players, one of whom,still with us, reputed to be highly paid yet hardly played, and when he does play he's so bad we'd be as well playing with 10 men.

You like to criticise Hibs from afar and make allusions to things going wrong behind the scenes, if they're that important and need to be known, man up and discuss them, or shut up! Don't hide behind the confidentiality clause pish!

Rant over, apologies folks

fatbloke
02-01-2012, 04:17 PM

What would that price be. for all the p15h spouted on here they seem to be going along just nicely thank you:grr:

nortonhibby
02-01-2012, 04:19 PM

Its the only road he knows The Board must have known this when they appointed the guy his first signing has came from there and there is supposed to be 2 others on Trial at the moment.

Lets be honest players coming in have to be better than what we have at the moment.

Don Giovanni
02-01-2012, 04:24 PM
It may be painful to take right now, but have patience.

Who knows where Hearts will be in six months time?

Shorn of all the high earners and with a team full of teenagers and the odd journeyman, Tynecastle awaiting the wreckers ball and a budget cut to the bone, the world will seem like a different place.

And what of Hibs?

Everything else is in place, sooner or later we will get it right on the pitch.

John, with the exception of the Tynecastle bit this could also be said of Hibs in the very near future: "Shorn of all the high earners and with a team full of teenagers and the odd journeyman and a budget cut to the bone."

Even if we do manage to stay up money is going to become very tight down Easter Road with the way things are going and relegation would cause financial meltdown for a club like Hibs.

nortonhibby
02-01-2012, 04:27 PM

He is bitter just like Duffy was when he said on the radio when discussing CC Duffy said " I Got sacked for less "

Yogi and Duffy should not be making any noises on the radio or TV no one is interested in what they say.

Aldo
02-01-2012, 04:28 PM

Exactly! I wish Yogi would shut the **** up and piss off. You'd think he was some kind of professional spokeman on HIbs, its all he talk about. Get a life man, or at least, go and get a job elsewhere.....oh wait, nobody will employ you after your piss poor job at Hibs.

Yes you finished 4th, but only after an abysmal 2nd half of the season, including some awful results mentioned above. You got us pumped out of europe with our 2 best goalscorers spectating from the bench. You acquired some honking players, one of whom,still with us, reputed to be highly paid yet hardly played, and when he does play he's so bad we'd be as well playing with 10 men.

You like to criticise Hibs from afar and make allusions to things going wrong behind the scenes, if they're that important and need to be known, man up and discuss them, or shut up! Don't hide behind the confidentiality clause pish!

Rant over, apologies folks

No apologises needed. Hughes can Go and take a massive big ****ing run and jump into the forth the clueless **** that he is,

Kaiser1962
02-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Well it's thanks to Yogi we have (f)Hart and had to pay for Eddie too. Yogi slavers psih.

Perhaps Hughes could recommend a box to box Dutch midfielder?

well he wasted good money on two of the most expensive monkeys we've had lately so he'd be better keeping his trap shut.

We all know that Yogi is a ****ing clown without him repeatedly going on national radio and showing the country what a ****ing hypocritical revisionist ******** he is.

:fuming:

JohnScott
02-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Hardly a surprise Essex. I think we can expect many more LOI players joining us this month. More loan players too I'd imagine

JohnScott
02-01-2012, 04:56 PM
We all know that Yogi is a ****ing clown without him repeatedly going on national radio and showing the country what a ****ing hypocritical revisionist ******** he is.

:fuming:
You may be right but surely that's his point naw? He bought what was available with the money he was given. Can someone tell me where were getting this money to replace half a team?

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Has he nothing better to do with his time?

To be fair to the host, he did comment that it would be kinda sad if Hughes spends his time poring over Hibs DVD's. I love the way he keeps banging on about Kevin McBride who for me epitomises Hughes time in charge.

IWasThere2016
02-01-2012, 05:00 PM
He's a 5* star erse

Kaiser1962
02-01-2012, 05:05 PM
You may be right but surely that's his point naw? He bought what was available with the money he was given. Can someone tell me where were getting this money to replace half a team?

He chased Hart for six months and by all accounts made him one of the better paid players there. To EDG's credit he saw it wasnt working out and took a pay off.

Albion Hibs
02-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Hughes chat bores me. I am actually sick of him ponder over by gone days on the radio. He is the guy who offered De Graff 6k a week and had a fair few rank signings of his own.

I have no doubt he also had a bigger budget than CC and Fenlon will, which says more than plenty when you are talking about hibs.

Famous Fiver
02-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I am not sure of the exact quotation but every time I hear Hughes it comes to mind

'If you look stupid don't open your mouth and confirm it.'

Saorsa
02-01-2012, 06:27 PM
I am not sure of the exact quotation but every time I hear Hughes it comes to mind

'If you look stupid don't open your mouth and confirm it.'Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

proud_and_green
02-01-2012, 06:31 PM

'If you look stupid don't open your mouth and confirm it.'

Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Saorsa
02-01-2012, 06:32 PM
^ :wink:
Better keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt :greengrin

R'Albin
02-01-2012, 07:01 PM
His commentary in the Sheep game made me laugh, just kept talking rubbish that was barely even english and the other guy couldn't get a word in :greengrin

Saorsa
02-01-2012, 07:03 PM
His commentary in the Sheep game made me laugh, just kept talking rubbish that was barely even english and the other guy couldn't get a word in :greengrinEmpty vessels make the most noise.

Hiber-nation
02-01-2012, 07:08 PM
To be fair to the host, he did comment that it would be kinda sad if Hughes spends his time poring over Hibs DVD's. I love the way he keeps banging on about Kevin McBride who for me epitomises Hughes time in charge.

The same Kevin McBride that he ended up dropping. And not that long ago he was on about how great a signing Paddy Cregg was as well. Paddy friggin Cregg?!? He dropped him after about 8 games! The man continues to make a complete chorus and verse of himself.

Hibbyradge
02-01-2012, 10:59 PM

We're not.

What makes you think that?

Steve-O
02-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Did bigmouth Yogi not get cash to sign 'quality' like Stokes and Liam Miller? We were still pish most of the time though. That ersepiece should be banned from talking aboot Hibs IMO.

.Sean.
03-01-2012, 01:35 AM
Hughes chat bores me. I am actually sick of him ponder over by gone days on the radio. He is the guy who offered De Graff 6k a week and had a fair few rank signings of his own.

I have no doubt he also had a bigger budget than CC and Fenlon will, which says more than plenty when you are talking about hibs.
De Graaf was on nowhere near 6K a week.