PDA

View Full Version : Humiliated by Amateurs and a Part-Time Painters Labourer

Greentinted
02-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Today our disparate group of journeymen were shown up on their own doorstep by a cohesive unit who seem to be aware of how much a derby means; the same unit of unpaid employees who have been shafted good and proper by their lunatic overseer rendering their previously considered professional registrations illegal and thus null and void. So, taking a pragmatic business-like approach, would it not be prudent to offer a select bunch of these amateur footballers a contract which will be honoured?

On today's performance I'd take Webster, Black, Templeton and McGowan, along with Sutton and Hammil (based mainly on previous performances at their previous clubs). I mean, surely these guys must be chamfing at the bit to sign a solid professional contract? And one which would be devoid of any great domestic upheaval is something that couldn't fail to please all parties concerned.

As much as it pains me to say, every man in maroon appeared to be playing for the jersey while conversely the men in green appeared completely unacquainted with the concept.

Major emergency and urgent surgery required Mr Petrie - over to you and the board...

The_Todd
02-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Today our disparate group of journeymen were shown up on their own doorstep by a cohesive unit who seem to be aware of how much a derby means; the same unit of unpaid employees who have been shafted good and proper by their lunatic overseer rendering their previously considered professional registrations illegal and thus null and void. So, taking a pragmatic business-like approach, would it not be prudent to offer a select bunch of these amateur footballers a contract which will be honoured?

On today's performance I'd take Webster, Black, Templeton and McGowan, along with Sutton and Hammil (based mainly on previous performances at their previous clubs). I mean, surely these guys must be chamfing at the bit to sign a solid professional contract? And one which would be devoid of any great domestic upheaval is something that couldn't fail to please all parties concerned.

As much as it pains me to say, every man in maroon appeared to be playing for the jersey while conversely the men in green appeared completely unacquainted with the concept.

Major emergency and urgent surgery required Mr Petrie - over to you and the board...

I've said it elsewhere so I'll repeat myself here too, for as far back as I remember Hertz have always gone into a derby believing they'll win, expecting they'll win and demanding they'll win. Players, management, fans alike. We go into these games and approach our seasons as a whole much more modestly. Time to throw modesty out the window and demand better from our own club.

Hibbyradge
02-01-2012, 03:20 PM
The painters labourer was the man of the match for me.

essexhibee
02-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Say what you like but Ian Black has been great in numerous derbys now. I think he's a decent player. No hearts players would want to come here.

Greentinted
02-01-2012, 03:24 PM
I've said it elsewhere so I'll repeat myself here too, for as far bag as I remember Hertz have always gone into a derby believing they'll win, expecting they'll win and demanding they'll win. Players, management, fans alike. We go into these games and approach our seasons as a whole much more modestly. Time to throw modesty out the window and demand better from our own club.

Aye I agree totally. For me its not the result as such which is sore but the manner by which it came around. It's like ER and EM are shrouded in a fog of apathy. I truly hope we don't hear reports of these imposters having the temerity to make ***** of themselves out on the town this evening as in doing so they personally insult every supporter of the club who pays their wages. (the filter offers many options, suffice to say its not the C word, t'is a family board I know)

Sergy Pie
02-01-2012, 03:29 PM
I think the hearts players have collectively agreed to play out their skins to give them the best chance of finding a decent club. I don't think many of them will be wanting to stay at the club long term now. There form was ***** not so long ago and it seems to me they're all playing a whole lot better sinCe the wage nonsense kicked in.

Id do the same in their position, in the hope I'm seen in a good light in the shop window. Doesn't make today's defeat any better but it's the only way I can see they're up for matches these days.

cabbageandribs1875
02-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Say what you like but Ian Black has been great in numerous derbys now. I think he's a decent player. No hearts players would want to come here.

they would if they like the idea of getting wages paid on a regular basis

The_Todd
02-01-2012, 03:34 PM
I think the hearts players have collectively agreed to play out their skins to give them the best chance of finding a decent club. I don't think many of them will be wanting to stay at the club long term now. There form was ***** not so long ago and it seems to me they're all playing a whole lot better sinCe the wage nonsense kicked in.

Id do the same in their position, in the hope I'm seen in a good light in the shop window. Doesn't make today's defeat any better but it's the only way I can see they're up for matches these days.

Really? Do you really believe this? And what about the last derby? And many preceding derbies? We didn't lose yet another derby today because of Hearts questionable renumeration practices, I'm pretty certain of that.

Since90+2
02-01-2012, 03:37 PM
We didnt lose today because hearts wanted it more today , I think the Hibs players to a man gave their all , we lost because Hearts have far better players than us.

Sergy Pie
02-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Really? Do you really believe this? And what about the last derby? And many preceding derbies? We didn't lose yet another derby today because of Hearts questionable renumeration practices, I'm pretty certain of that.

I'm just talking about recent events. It doesn't excuse how crap hibs are but given the nonsense that has gone down in the last few months at tynecastle, it the only way I can think why competing at the moment. Their form prior was patchy at best.

I know we have a woeful record, I know they always seem up for it, I know we are a shambles, I know they probably would have beaten us regardless anyway. Was just a theory on the back of another derby defeat.

Cropley10
02-01-2012, 03:52 PM

Completely agree.

The fact that he went and worked for his mate meant he's not afraid of hard graft either.

Dan Sarf
02-01-2012, 03:56 PM
We didnt lose today because hearts wanted it more today , I think the Hibs players to a man gave their all , we lost because Hearts have far better players than us.

Agree. Sadly.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Lets be honest we are pish, but, surely a new league rule needs created soon, no pay no play, or basically its cheating!

SteveHFC
02-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Ian Black

is a **** :aok:

LancashireHibby
02-01-2012, 04:32 PM
He might be a diving, cheating so and so, but Black was head and shoulders above what we could come up with in midfield.

Bostonhibby
02-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I've said it elsewhere so I'll repeat myself here too, for as far back as I remember Hertz have always gone into a derby believing they'll win, expecting they'll win and demanding they'll win. Players, management, fans alike. We go into these games and approach our seasons as a whole much more modestly. Time to throw modesty out the window and demand better from our own club.

:top marks

02-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Hearts are a poor poor side but as usual in a derby we make them look good and make it very easy for them. They always show up at these games with a much greater fight and desire to win than us. We would never go to tynecastle and do that to them. We allow them to bully us and completely boss the game. Fenlon should have made changes much much sooner than he did, instead we waited until hearts scored the second, by then it was too late.

Ian Black is a horrible dirty little cheat, spent most of the game rolling around on the ground! However, he gets stuck in and shows a bit of fight, something we are desperately missing in our team atm! He ran rings round our lot today!

I really really fear for us, that is definitely the worst hibs side I have ever seen, it has relegation written all over it. The only chance we have to stay up is if dunfermline cock up because we certainly don't have it in us to save ourselves. I would not bet a single penny on us beating Dunfermline.

Bostonhibby
02-01-2012, 04:35 PM
He might be a diving, cheating so and so, but Black was head and shoulders above what we could come up with in midfield.

:agree: and his gloss work is second to none.

Don't like the guy but he ran the show today for them by doing the simple things well.

IWasThere2016
02-01-2012, 04:36 PM

:agree: By a country mile.

Hibs Class
02-01-2012, 04:46 PM

This. No doubt. I don't believe they have players that are much better than ours, but far more often than not they have a better attitude, a better work ethic and a greater team spirit.

hibsbollah
02-01-2012, 05:19 PM
I have no disagreement at all with the OP.

Just not sure how much more of this total ****ing shambles of a team i can take. I thought 23 in a row was bad. This 9 in a row feels worse somehow.

Albion Hibs
02-01-2012, 06:01 PM
I am generally very supportive of the club, if they went anywhere close to signing Black I would ensure I was there on his arrival at east mains to send him duely packing.

After his little t-shirt display at full time any self respecting hibs fan would sooner have Vlad buy the club than that little grunt pull on a hibs jersey.

IWasThere2016
02-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I am generally very supportive of the club, if they went anywhere close to signing Black I would ensure I was there on his arrival at east mains to send him duely packing.

After his little t-shirt display at full time any self respecting hibs fan would sooner have Vlad buy the club than that little grunt pull on a hibs jersey.

What did it say?

The Falcon
02-01-2012, 06:08 PM
What did it say?

That he was going to paint the place maroon

IWasThere2016
02-01-2012, 06:10 PM
That he was going to paint the place maroon

Ah, the banter!

Gala Foxes
02-01-2012, 06:11 PM
we continually gave Hearts too much space in midfield, in the 1st half in particular they were a couple of yards ahead of us all over the park

Our short corner in the 1st half was totally embarassing at this level (at any level come to think of it)

Www1875hfc
02-01-2012, 06:12 PM
What did it say?

With FTH at the foot.

Albion Hibs
02-01-2012, 06:12 PM
What did it say?

If I had a coin and a pair of boŁŁocks I would have taken his eye out. But I did promise myself on the way to the car that if BB trys to bring the likes of him, hammel and any of the other ugly sisters to hibs I will step in!

The Falcon
02-01-2012, 06:17 PM
If I had a coin and a pair of boŁŁocks I would have taken his eye out. But I did promise myself on the way to the car that if BB trys to bring the likes of him, hammel and any of the other ugly sisters to hibs I will step in!

Its those guys attitude that is the difference, unfortunately.

3pm
02-01-2012, 06:27 PM

I see you are not alone in views 'Radge but I thought VP barely gave him a kick in the 1st half.

I'll watch it back and see how it looks.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-01-2012, 06:28 PM
No it isn't. it's up to the players what they do.
It's a bit galling that we got beat by a garbage team that are streets ahead of us but no point in straw clutching because we are gash.

FFS! No straw clutching going on here, but, why are players that are going unpaid allowed to continue playing? Thats all i'm wondering. I backed them because of this very situation.

Hibbyradge
02-01-2012, 06:31 PM

LOL.

You'll buy them instead?

Cropley10
02-01-2012, 06:34 PM

Black was the best player on the pitch today, comfortable on the ball and doesn't give it away.

Plus, he'd have no problem coming to Hibs. Think some perspective is required.

Sir David Gray
02-01-2012, 06:51 PM

With FTH at the foot.

To be fair, that is quite a good response to all of the taunts that he got throughout the game. His team won as well so it's the perfect way to get it up us and have the last laugh.

However, if it did have FTH at the bottom of his wee message, he should have received a red card at the end of the match for the use of "offensive words". Everyone knows what that stands for.

I'll await the compliance officer's response with baited breath...:rolleyes:

The_Todd
02-01-2012, 06:56 PM
I can see some folk are wound up about Ian Black's t-shirt. Easy to see why, he's a niggly wee fud. That said, I'd love to have players willing to fun through walls for Hibs in that way right now.

LancashireHibby
02-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Ah, the banter!

Well he's certainly had the last laugh, hasn't he? As I mentioned earlier, he's a diving, cheating little rat who is miles better than anything we've got to offer.

Kaiser1962
02-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Black was the best player on the pitch today, comfortable on the ball and doesn't give it away.

Plus, he'd have no problem coming to Hibs. Think some perspective is required.

When he signed for Hearts did he not have a medical at Hibs the same day? Came down to who offered him the best deal if memory serves me correctly, which it dosent very often just in case.

Aldo
02-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Does exactly what it said on the tin

Walk on the park ran the show and for me was the MOTM by a country mile.

Everything our team is crying out for.

Took responsibility, showed leadership and direction. If there is any chance we could sign him them go for it.

Anyone that thinks Black is ***** knows nothing about football.

I hated him today but that's his job.

Get him signed up FFS

Hiber-nation
02-01-2012, 10:17 PM
To be fair, that is quite a good response to all of the taunts that he got throughout the game. His team won as well so it's the perfect way to get it up us and have the last laugh.

However, if it did have FTH at the bottom of his wee message, he should have received a red card at the end of the match for the use of "offensive words". Everyone knows what that stands for.

F The Hearts - for not paying him?

I'd be absolutely amazed if we signed Black, hope I'm wrong though.

Capt Mainwaring
02-01-2012, 10:33 PM

With FTH at the foot.

It did not have FTH on it

If even a portion of our spineless cowards had half the ability and attitude of Ian Black we would be in a better place. He is exactly the type of player we desparately need at ER.

RickyS
02-01-2012, 10:54 PM
When he signed for Hearts did he not have a medical at Hibs the same day? Came down to who offered him the best deal if memory serves me correctly, which it dosent very often just in case.

he did not want hibs to match what the yams had offered, but we offered a deal, then his agent went back with a figure that was between the two. Mixu wanted to sign him and he wanted to come to us, we were his first choice but we would not up the original offer.
i'm not saying i'm gutted we never got him, but i know this to be true, canny say how but I just do:cb

lucky
02-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Ian Black bossed the game. Hibs are in desperate need of a player like him. Hibs midfield tried to kick him off the park but he came back for more.