Monts
02-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Why did they take so ****ing long????

malcky
02-01-2012, 02:23 PM
playing for a draw

Monts
02-01-2012, 02:50 PM
It was ridiculous. Everyone could see there was a change needed from about 70 minutes :confused:

Westie1875
02-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Why did they take so ****ing long????

It is becoming a regular thing and is ridiculous, someone needs to explain to PF & BB that we are allowed to make subs before 80-85 mins into the match and that we are also allowed to play with more than one striker.

scoopyboy
02-01-2012, 02:54 PM
It was ridiculous. Everyone could see there was a change needed from about 70 minutes :confused:

I didn't know whether we should have made a sub or not. I thought the game was going to end 1-1 and I would have taken that.

Who would you have taken off?

Billy Whizz
02-01-2012, 02:55 PM
I didn't know whether we should have made a sub or not. I thought the game was going to end 1-1 and I would have taken that.

We were quite comfortable at 70 mins so there was no need to change it

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Given that PF had slated the fitness levels of the players, surely there could have been like for like subbies with no formatiion changes, just to get fresh legs to hold on for a draw.

Monts
02-01-2012, 02:57 PM

Griffiths off for Doyle
Stevenson off for Wotherspoon

Those wouldve been my subs at 70 mins.

Then if we are still pushing, get OConnor on for Galbraith or Sproule (whoever was getting the least joy) and play 2 up.

scoopyboy
02-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Griffiths off for Doyle

Then if we are still pushing, get OConnor on for Galbraith or Sproule (whoever was getting the least joy) and play 2 up.

Fair enough bernz.

We were discussing it and nobody was sure what to do for the best.

h1bs4life
02-01-2012, 03:01 PM
To not even think of bringing another forward on to help Griffiths and to try and win the game is unbelievable we were playing a pretty poor yam team not Barcelona.

steakbake
02-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Two arguments - the team on the park were holding and occasionally threatening. Do you take a gamble, see out the 90 with the same squad, or do you risk reshaping and getting new players on?

Besides, who on our bench would have substantially changed our fortunes today? Perhaps in hindsight, I would have had Sproule on the bench somehow. Our midfield were weak and we have nothing that could have changed that on the bench today.

Monts
02-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Fair enough bernz.

We were discussing it and nobody was sure what to do for the best.

Im not saying I know what is best, but to not even try anything, when only last week PF himself said that the team wasnt fit enough to last 90 mins, is scandalous.

northgreen24
02-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Given that PF had slated the fitness levels of the players, surely there could have been like for like subbies with no formatiion changes, just to get fresh legs to hold on for a draw.

My dad and I we saying exactly the same thing as we the guys around us. ok play for the draw but somthing to freshing up the team ...i.e hearts brought ruddi. I woudl have taken the draw but when to try to hold out with the same 11 ( of which he has said / been aware of rthe poor fitness levels ) is beyond me :rolleyes:

LancashireHibby
02-01-2012, 03:06 PM
We were doing quite well for ourselves in the second half but needed that change just to push us on to get another goal. At least we went with three up front once changes were made but it was too late by then.

CmoantheHibs
02-01-2012, 03:13 PM
About 70 mins in I thought it would hsve been a good idea to take off one of the wide players plus Griffiths and stuck Doyle and OConnor up top.We were in the ascendancy and I felt it would have swayed it our way.We will never know of course and I am not going to slate the manager because his way of thinking never worked out on the day.Being a computer manager is much more easy:wink:

Cropley10
02-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Pat played for a flukey draw. Paulo didn't.

IWasThere2016
02-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Griffiths off for Doyle

:agree: about timing .. feared Palsson could be sent off, and felt we needed to go to 4-4-2 to try and win the game.

PeeJay
02-01-2012, 03:31 PM
About 70 mins in I thought it would hsve been a good idea to take off one of the wide players plus Griffiths and stuck Doyle and OConnor up top.We were in the ascendancy and I felt it would have swayed it our way.We will never know of course and I am not going to slate the manager because his way of thinking never worked out on the day.Being a computer manager is much more easy:wink:

I think Fenlon's options are very limited - O'Connor wasn't on the park for a reason, I assume (injured) and Doyle hasn't played with the team - so he may well have felt that the team on the park that was putting Hearts "under pressure" deserved to continue doing so - O'Connor hasn't been brilliant of late and Doyle "is good in training" - but would it really have made a difference?

LaMotta
02-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Scott looked absoluteley knackered after 70 mins, can't believe he wasn't taken off....... I thought he had done well up until then, but he seemed very heavy legged after that. From 70th minute onwards we were rapidly falling out of the game and surely fresh legs would have helped :confused:

HibeeMG
02-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Whether we thought we were comfortable or not or were playing for the draw, as soon as Ivan was involved in the headbutt incident he should have been substituted. He was looking likely for another red card against them.

ancient hibee
02-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Wotherspoon was stripped ready to come on when they scored.

SneakersO'Toole
02-01-2012, 03:36 PM
We were looking comfortable at 70mins?! Is comfortable punting the ball to a lone striker and hoping for the best?

That was the time to take the game to Hearts. Instead, our manager was scared and that was translated to the players. No subs till 85min was unforgivable.

The players are murder no argument. But the tactics were negetive and played into Hearts hands IMO. Nothing will convince me otherwise. Very poor management.

Bayern Bru
02-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Strange that he brought O'Connor on when he's a major doubt for the Cowdenbeath game already.

Just what is going on there?

Additionally, Scott was blowing out his erse after about 70mins. I'd have put Spoon on for him.

Sioux
02-01-2012, 03:42 PM
We were looking comfortable at 70mins?! Is comfortable punting the ball to a lone striker and hoping for the best?

That was the time to take the game to Hearts. Instead, our manager was scared and that was translated to the players. No subs till 85min was unforgivable.

The players are murder no argument. But the tactics were negetive and played into Hearts hands IMO. Nothing will convince me otherwise. Very poor management.

Why did you make that up? If you need to tell lies to make your point, your point is irrelevant. Pathetic.

Don Giovanni
02-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Funny that despite not agreeing what substitution(s) to make most people watching the game identified a similar time, 70ish minutes, for making a change.

At that point the game was settling back down after a frantic, end-to-end spell, following the first two goals, that was the time to bring on some fresh impetus and IMO try to go on the front foot tactically as well.

Worrying then that our management team failed to spot what appears to have been obvious to everyone else. They were reactive instead of proactive and doing nothing gave the initiative to Hearts.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Scott looked absoluteley knackered after 70 mins, can't believe he wasn't taken off....... I thought he had done well up until then, but he seemed very heavy legged after that. From 70th minute onwards we were rapidly falling out of the game and surely fresh legs would have helped :confused:

:agree: A blind man could see that Scott had given his all by then, fresh legs was a must and IMO Fenlon ****ed it up by being too cautious and playing for a draw when a bit more threat up top later in the game was needed.

crash
02-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Most of the midfield were running on empty, after about 65 mins runners werent being tracked. Hearts introduced fresh legs and the difference became more pronounced. Meanwhile Fenlon looked like he couldn't make up his mind what to do,spent at least 10 mins in discussion with Billy Brown, which to me was poor management and this indecision ultimately cost us at least a point. Even when the subs were made, albeit too late,it was shambolic.

Jones28
02-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Personally, my changes would've been:

Scott off for O'Connor (formation goes to a straight 4-4-2)
Galbraith off for Doyle (Griffiths then playing on the left of a 4-4-2)
Towell on for Palsson in the middle

IMHO although Fenlon cant really be blamed for the defeat, changes should've been made earlier.

Monts
02-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Funny that despite not agreeing what substitution(s) to make most people watching the game identified a similar time, 70ish minutes, for making a change.

At that point the game was settling back down after a frantic, end-to-end spell, following the first two goals, that was the time to bring on some fresh impetus and IMO try to go on the front foot tactically as well.

Worrying then that our management team failed to spot what appears to have been obvious to everyone else. They were reactive instead of proactive and doing nothing gave the initiative to Hearts.

Spot on IMO.

I think Fenlon needs time, and by no means am I saying he should go, but the signs should be better than they are.

AFKA5814_Hibs
02-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Hertz made the changes that won the game, we didn't. I said to Dave after about 75 mins about making a change, putting a forward on and going for it. They gambled, we tried to get a point at home, no good enough tbh.

The Green Goblin
03-01-2012, 12:21 AM

That is how I saw it as well, and at around 70 minutes, it seemed clear to us anyway that we were losing what little grip we had on the game and badly needed freshening up. Legs were going and they were getting bolder in their attacks.

500miles
03-01-2012, 08:58 AM
The last two goals we lost were bad individual errors - particularly from O'Hanlon. Too weak against Sutton, and too tight to his man for the long punt. It was certainly not a tactical issue.

I think Pat was happy with getting points on the board and trying to get the ship as steady as possible for the time being. The shape seemed to be holding well defensively, and everyone, by and large, knew thier role. This is the main difference between CC's Hibs and Fenlon's Hibs. Individual errors, and to be fair, a few reffing decisions (penalties that we aren't getting of late) are going against us. The Irishman certainly hasn't had any great fortune since he took the reigns.

I don't think Pat believes the current players have the confidence to push for a win, regardless of the personnel. I also believe that they would be hesitant, and end up simply being easier to break down.

Cropley10
03-01-2012, 11:28 AM
This Pat Fenlon is going to have to turn out to be a brilliant manager to turn this round.

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2012, 11:34 AM
I thought we had 2 or 3 players who were either knackered (Scott) or ****in pish, Sproule and Galbraith who should have been subbed earlier. I have no idea why he left it so late replacing them?

TowerHibs
03-01-2012, 11:49 AM
I've heard that Billy Brown has privately been doubting Doyle and classed him as a sencond division player!

Whether this is true, coming from a journalist who is good friends with BB and JJ. We need something to happen, we are awful in possession!

Nakedmanoncrack
03-01-2012, 11:52 AM

Why did you make that up? If you need to tell lies to make your point, your point is irrelevant. Pathetic.

Can't find anything wrong with this to be honest.

Cropley10
03-01-2012, 11:58 AM
I've heard that Billy Brown has privately been doubting Doyle and classed him as a sencond division player!

Whether this is true, coming from a journalist who is good friends with BB and JJ. We need something to happen, we are awful in possession!

This is my worry too. BB knows Scottish football inside out from his time at Killie and obviously over 'there'. Scottish Football is a goldfish bowl, but he's been in it all his life and will know the standard of player in the lower leagues. He would surely be aware of the standard of LOI players too, and if they were any good, more of them would be over here surely??

By contrast all Fenlon has his LOI experience and his knowledge of the players there. Are they transferable? We're about to find out, but it certainly didn't work out for the Pars and Stephen Kenny (but the Board, or the folk who've chosen him, would have known this right, that it was a risk, appointing the second manager in succession who knew nothing of the SPL, from the LoI).

I'll say it again - Fenlon is going to have to be one hell of a manager to make this work for him and us. Right now all the odds are stacked against him.

Cropley10
03-01-2012, 12:01 PM
The last two goals we lost were bad individual errors - particularly from O'Hanlon. Too weak against Sutton, and too tight to his man for the long punt. It was certainly not a tactical issue.

I think Pat was happy with getting points on the board and trying to get the ship as steady as possible for the time being. The shape seemed to be holding well defensively, and everyone, by and large, knew thier role. This is the main difference between CC's Hibs and Fenlon's Hibs. Individual errors, and to be fair, a few reffing decisions (penalties that we aren't getting of late) are going against us. The Irishman certainly hasn't had any great fortune since he took the reigns.

I don't think Pat believes the current players have the confidence to push for a win, regardless of the personnel. I also believe that they would be hesitant, and end up simply being easier to break down.

O'Hanlon is typical of what's wrong. A nobody, signed from nowhere who simply isn't good enough at this level; crude, agricultural, with very limited technique (how many times a game does he let the ball bounce?), prone to several defensive mistakes a game, most of which obviously cost us points. We're not going anywhere with him in the side, he makes Jones look like Cannavaro.

Monts
03-01-2012, 07:30 PM
O'Hanlon is typical of what's wrong. A nobody, signed from nowhere who simply isn't good enough at this level; crude, agricultural, with very limited technique (how many times a game does he let the ball bounce?), prone to several defensive mistakes a game, most of which obviously cost us points. We're not going anywhere with him in the side, he makes Jones look like Cannavaro.

I miss Jones.

Even Nish would've been welcome.