PDA

View Full Version : More effort but not a single shot on target.

Hibbyradge
02-01-2012, 02:28 PM
We looked a bit better in the second half but that's because Hearts changed tactics.

They stood off and brought us out in the knowledge that we couldn't score. IMHO.

3 - 1 looks harsh but it's not.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2012, 02:33 PM
The fact there was more effort almost worries me more.

For a long time we have accused the players of being lazy, disinterested etc etc. However today showed that its not just lack of effort but more that a lot of our players are simply nowhere near good enough.

Franck Stanton
02-01-2012, 02:37 PM
As in all our games so far this season, we lost the midfield, thereby were over-run with relative ease. Playing only one up front made life easy for their defence. Christ, our m/f weren't even tracking back to help our defence. The only positive from todays game was the fact it was only a 3-1 defeat, because, being honest, I, and many more Hibbys, feared a reverse of 1973. Really do need new players to come in sooner rather than later.

Judas Iscariot
02-01-2012, 02:39 PM
We're awful but to be "scared" by them is an utter embarrassment...

So negative, they're ***** at the back but we wait till 5 mins from time and being 2-1 down before putting a striker on..

**** off!

It was Hertz no ****ing Barcelona! Playing for a draw at Hame against them is disgraceful!!

We should NEVER be trying to hold out at 1-1 at home against them, bunch of bottle *****bag imposters....

hibs_123
02-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Some more effort in that 2nd half..

But imo the players dont even look like they are trying that hard and seemed to accept defeat very easily..

supersauzee
02-01-2012, 02:50 PM
To not have a single shot on goal against a team like Hearts is an absolute travesty, the players should be ashamed of themselves! I've seen more creativity in the toilet at ma work!!

If Fenlon needs a reason to walk them all out of easter road and put them in the bus with the square wheels and bricked up windows its today! Stack, O'Connor, Spoony, Booth and Doyle can stay though.

I was sitting here with my 2 mates watching the game and while I am typing this they are cooking up a storm of the finest fash on earth! End of the day the players should be gutted as they are a disgrace to their name, themselves, their family, the fans and the world!

Big Frank
02-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Some more effort in that 2nd half..

But imo the players dont even look like they are trying that hard and seemed to accept defeat very easily..

Pull your pants back up. theres a good lad.:monkey:

EasterRoad4Ever
02-01-2012, 03:18 PM

For a long time we have accused the players of being lazy, disinterested etc etc. However today showed that its not just lack of effort but more that a lot of our players are simply nowhere near good enough.

:agree: Any SPL team with a midfield of Palsson, Scott, Stephenson and Galbraith is going to get relegated - plain and simple. NONE of these players should be any where near getting a game for Hibs. IMHO Fenlon has managed to get extra effort out of the squad and it is still not good enough. If we are still having to rely on players of this quality after the transfer window, the crowds will collapse further and we will be relegated - and rightly so.

The ball is firmly in PETRIE'S court. Fenlon has done all he can with the crap the CC and Petrie allowed into the club. Petrie has to swallow it and allow Fenlon to spend big money is sorting out this sorry mess of a football club.

nortonhibby
02-01-2012, 03:59 PM

Yes there is a bit more effort but really no improvement than when CC Was in charge i thought LG Put in a good shift as did DG When we got it back to 1-1 We were on top for a spell but until we sort out the defence as regards crosses we will continue to ship goals.

Sir David Gray
02-01-2012, 04:41 PM

:agree: Totally agree.

I don't think anyone can say that the players didn't care today or didn't put in any effort.

I felt we competed well enough but, as you say, we're just nowhere near good enough and that, in many respects, is actually more worrying.