PDA

View Full Version : FAO the board and manager

Pretty Boy
02-01-2012, 01:09 PM
We need players now.

Not in 4 weeks, not in the summer but ASAP.

If we don't get new bodies in we will be relegated based on our form. It will only be Dunfermilne being slightly more crap that may save us, not our own merit.

GloryGlory
02-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Major - and I do mean MAJOR - investment in new players needed and needed now. This team is so dreadful, I doubt that Sir Alex Ferguson, assisted by Pep Guardiola, could get them winning!.

SkintHibby
02-01-2012, 01:13 PM
It's not going to happen. We are going down thanks to that joker Petrie.

one day maybe...
02-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Hibs need to be spending around a £1 million very soon a £450k bid for Murray Davidson, the boy Murphy at Motherwell as well and get a central midfielder who can hold onto the ball, or we will lose that and more in lost revenue when relegated. Absolutely gash, at 1-1 and on top we should have went for the game. O'connor not fit to start not fit for the bench, Fenlon get the young lads in or you will be gone by the summer.

Magnifique
02-01-2012, 01:17 PM
We meed at least 6 decent players in this window. Not squad players but players who are going to be game starters. Wheres the money coming from? Rodney you plonker can you afford NOT to go get these players and pay for them attendances are woeful and they wont come back as things are just now and the longer this goes on the less likely they are to come back. Bottom line this squad isnt nearly good enough and have an attitude get rid of the trouble makers and lets start again. Not blaming PF but we absolutely MUST back him to the hilt we have the money or means to do it lets sort it PETRIE

SkintHibby
02-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Hibs need to be spending around a £1 million very soon a £450k bid for Murray Davidson

This is not the time for jokes!!!:rolleyes:

one day maybe...
02-01-2012, 01:22 PM
This is not the time for jokes!!!:rolleyes:

I wish it was a joke, how much do you think Hibs will lose by being relegated. If we don't have the players at the club to step up and fill the boots of these incompetent footballers, where else do you think we are going to find replacements, a lucky bag?:rolleyes:

Tha Cabbage Kid
02-01-2012, 01:22 PM
I feel upset that we had to play paul hanlon at right back today.

thought stack had a good game.

galbraith is a good player but he is missing something.

o'hanlon is not good enough i dont think.

murray i love but maybe past it now sadly.

not a fan of scott. and palsson not mature enough. maybe too much pressure.

sproule works hard but not tallented enough.

grifiths was good but worked more like an attacking midfielder today.

we needed a fully fit gaz. i like stevenson but we need so much more tallent. noone in that midfield today would have been able to have a shot on target and with a small player like grifiths on his own up front we needed someone that could do that. it wasnt there.

i dont blame pat hanlon. i dont blame anyone at the club. i just want a wee bit money spent on some players and hope that pat can bring in the right player to get us back where we need to be.

if we dont get the right players in i think we are doomed for this season.

i just hope we get the right players

Tha Cabbage Kid
02-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Hibs need to be spending around a £1 million very soon a £450k bid for Murray Davidson, the boy Murphy at Motherwell as well and get a central midfielder who can hold onto the ball, or we will lose that and more in lost revenue when relegated. Absolutely gash, at 1-1 and on top we should have went for the game. O'connor not fit to start not fit for the bench, Fenlon get the young lads in or you will be gone by the summer.

i think fenlon was right to use gaz instead of bringing on kids when we are getting beat.

Magnifique
02-01-2012, 01:24 PM
But before we spend the money the attitude thing needs sorting styraight away. Sodge, Pallson etc are NOT bad players cast your minds back 12 months both were playing brilliantly however it seems that as soon as they get settled into East Mains they seem to get into a mindset of poor attitude and lack of effort, THIS is the first thing that needs sorted out PF you comewith the tough guy attitude get these ***** kicked and get them kicked hard if they dont like it tough **** kick them harder. Im so bloody angry at this squad of talented players which they definately are but giving hee haw

GloryGlory
02-01-2012, 01:28 PM
I wish it was a joke, how much do you think Hibs will lose by being relegated. If we don't have the players at the club to step up and fill the boots of these incompetent footballers, where else do you think we are going to find replacements, a lucky bag?:rolleyes:

£1M is I believe roughly what we get as part of the SPL TV deal. The TV money from the SFL is next to nothing, if not actually nothing, so spending £1M now is probably a reasonable strategy, if risky ('cos we don't have any players worth a £1M who could be seen as collateral if Hibs are relegated anyway).

one day maybe...
02-01-2012, 01:29 PM
i think fenlon was right to use gaz instead of bringing on kids when we are getting beat.

But surely start him then, if he can't last bring him off. He could have been onnthe park for 5 mins took a boot to the foot and had to come off, waste of a sub in my opinion. I am of the believe if a player is struggling slighty play him at the start of the game and bring him off if he ain't up to iy. Anyway like everyone else I am Piste'd Off and hurting.

cabbageandribs1875
02-01-2012, 01:29 PM
desperately wanting/needing sellick to win at dunfy today, but would it be better for dunfy to win and leave us bottom ? it could force the board to invest

Minder
02-01-2012, 01:30 PM
We need goals, sign Boyd short term deal till end of season. Not much of a gamble as he will get us goals. For anyone saying cannot afford him, weigh up £250,000 to sign him against cost of relegation.

BroxburnHibee
02-01-2012, 01:32 PM
We need goals, sign Boyd short term deal till end of season. Not much of a gamble as he will get us goals. For anyone saying cannot afford him, weigh up £250,000 to sign him against cost of relegation.

No-one will score goals with our non existent midfield - we create nothing.

No shots on target - WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magnifique

And whos gonna give him the service?

Part/Time Supporter

Ridiculous.

In case you hadn't noticed, Hibs have got one of the better strikers in the league. He's managed to score a goal every other game despite having **** all service. Boyd's a penalty box goalscorer. How often are Hibs in the penalty box?

SteveHFC
02-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Petrie better spend some money or **** off!

Saorsa
02-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Tae the manager, good luck, you'll need it, tae Petrie and the board, do one

glenberviehibee
02-01-2012, 02:00 PM
This is the worst hibs team i have ever seen and i have seen a few in my team.

Unless we get a couple of defenders and a decent centre half O hanlon is dreadful) we couldnt keep hens out a close .and god knows how many others we have no chance of stay,ing up im sitting here willing celtic to win how bad is that it really is no longer acceptable and something has to happen soon

Beefster
02-01-2012, 02:04 PM
We need players now.

Not in 4 weeks, not in the summer but ASAP.

If we don't get new bodies in we will be relegated based on our form. It will only be Dunfermilne being slightly more crap that may save us, not our own merit.

Unfortunately, I don't think Dunfermline are slightly more crap than us. They're a point behind with two games in hand and we're on the worst run in the SPL this season.

Baader
02-01-2012, 02:05 PM
This board need to act. If we are relegated from the worst top flight in living memory that is purely unacceptable and an outrage.

It really should be inconceivable that a team like Hibs finish outside the top six in a league like ours at anytime.

Whether we stay up or not I expect to see boardroom resignations ahead of next season

RickyS
02-01-2012, 02:07 PM
No-one will score goals with our non existent midfield - we create nothing.

No shots on target - WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:agree: our strikers are fighting for scraps and dropping deep to get the ball because the midfield aint capable of giving them any sort of service

The_Todd
02-01-2012, 02:11 PM
It's not just new players we need, the whole club has to re-evaluate everything about it. We often joke and laugh at Hearts for their "big team" delusions, but I tell you what - that self belief, arrogance and general attitude serves them well. No matter what happens, they go into a derby and most other matches willing to accept nothing less than a win. We just hope to see some pretty football and a draw. I'm fed up of supporting a club which pretty much places itself as the plucky underdog, absolutely sick of it. It's an attitude which runs from the very top of the boardroom all the way to the terraces via the players.

It pains me to say it, but we really could learn from our pink neighbours in some things (though really not in most things).

matty_f
02-01-2012, 03:00 PM
The board must dig deep now and let Fenlon get genuine quality in now. We need 3-4 players in now who are not patch-up jobs to see us til the end of the season, but can instead form the basis for the team for the next 2-3 years.
Quality won't be cheap but if we don't spend now we could be goosed for years to come.

Septimus
02-01-2012, 03:08 PM
The last thing we need is to fill the team up with Irish League players. Get over to Tynecastle tomorrow with cheque book in hand Petrie.

cad
02-01-2012, 03:31 PM
The board must dig deep now and let Fenlon get genuine quality in now. We need 3-4 players in now who are not patch-up jobs to see us til the end of the season, but can instead form the basis for the team for the next 2-3 years.
Quality won't be cheap but if we don't spend now we could be goosed for years to come.

The self sufficiency mantra sort of gets kicked into touch when we need so many things changed with nothing in the bank to change it ,
Im struggling as to how we fund this.

If the crowds stay away as they are I dont think they can fund the millions we would need and it is millions .
So is it STF ,or do we just accept our lot and drop ,and wait for our stream of players to come through from our complex ,that could be a long wait
TBH I dont think the punters would wait, I dont think the drop is acceptable and it could cast a very long shadow over the club as you say for years .

I dont think Rod and more debt will be a starter ,but somethings gonna have to give ,quality as you say doesnt come cheap the quality we buy if its journey men last 6 months of some contracts thats a gamble if you ask me .
January is a hard time to buy its usually a letting go period someone else's dross for your dross or its OTT prices ,the board have the big salary lets see how they come through this crisis ,because everybody and there dug will be judging if they are up to the task .

Sumner
02-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Petrie, cheque book out NOW, or we're down.

Spend your way out of the mess YOU made.

nortonhibby
02-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Petrie, cheque book out NOW, or we're down.

Spend your way out of the mess YOU made.

Yes Petrie has made this mess and he now has no option to SPLASH THE CASH :pfgwa

cam2644
02-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Yes Petrie has made this mess and he now has no option to SPLASH THE CASH :pfgwa

If he'd only spent a little more cash before we wouldn't be in this mess. It becomes progressively more and more expensive to sort the problem out as the revenue disappears with supporters leaving in disgust.Is Petrie capable of sorting out his own mess? I'm not holding my breath.

matty_f
02-01-2012, 05:26 PM
The self sufficiency mantra sort of gets kicked into touch when we need so many things changed with nothing in the bank to change it ,
Im struggling as to how we fund this.

If the crowds stay away as they are I dont think they can fund the millions we would need and it is millions .
So is it STF ,or do we just accept our lot and drop ,and wait for our stream of players to come through from our complex ,that could be a long wait
TBH I dont think the punters would wait, I dont think the drop is acceptable and it could cast a very long shadow over the club as you say for years .

I dont think Rod and more debt will be a starter ,but somethings gonna have to give ,quality as you say doesnt come cheap the quality we buy if its journey men last 6 months of some contracts thats a gamble if you ask me .
January is a hard time to buy its usually a letting go period someone else's dross for your dross or its OTT prices ,the board have the big salary lets see how they come through this crisis ,because everybody and there dug will be judging if they are up to the task .

I think they need to take a step back and look at the cost of not spending now.

We'll either go down, in which case we'll potentially be in the wilderness for a while, or we're going to have to make signings and replace managers every year trying to plug the gaps to stop the water getting in.

It would be better to spend the money now, getting players in that will do a job over a couple of years that we then only need to add one or two players to in the summer and next January, and recoup the spend with a higher league finish and potential cup runs.

What we can't do is go after the same level of player as we've been signing and hope they work out. The best managers on the planet would struggle to get a result with this bunch. No creativity in the side whatsoever, and two of the worst wingers in Scottish top flight football. Worrying times.

Mikey
02-01-2012, 05:31 PM
I think they need to take a step back and look at the cost of not spending now.

We'll either go down, in which case we'll potentially be in the wilderness for a while, or we're going to have to make signings and replace managers every year trying to plug the gaps to stop the water getting in.

It would be better to spend the money now, getting players in that will do a job over a couple of years that we then only need to add one or two players to in the summer and next January, and recoup the spend with a higher league finish and potential cup runs.

What we can't do is go after the same level of player as we've been signing and hope they work out. The best managers on the planet would struggle to get a result with this bunch. No creativity in the side whatsoever, and two of the worst wingers in Scottish top flight football. Worrying times.

Absolutely. It's time to get a loan from STF and let PF bring in some good players.

If there's no improvement in the second half of the season the ST figures will totally collapse. The best the current business model can do now is have us avoid relegation.

matty_f
02-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Absolutely. It's time to get a loan from STF and let PF bring in some good players.

If there's no improvement in the second half of the season the ST figures will totally collapse. The best the current business model can do now is have us avoid relegation.

I hope they realise how important the next couple of weeks are. It's not inconceivable that we go out the cup on Saturday, though I would say it's unlikely, even with this side!, and then it's a massive game against Dunfermline.

IMHO, we need players in this week to ensure we get through those two games with wins. Time for Hibs to flex a bit of financial muscle.

It's spend now, or face up to life at this end of the table for a long time to come.

IWasThere2016
02-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Matty/Mikey - you're asking for a damn quick fix to correct years of neglect. I agree we must avoid relegation but then what ... Where are STF, Petrie taking us?

matty_f
02-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Matty/Mikey - you're asking for a damn quick fix to correct years of neglect. I agree we must avoid relegation but then what ... Where are STF, Petrie taking us?

You've completely missed the point G.

It's not a quick fix I'm asking for. It's a fix full stop.

We don't need players that will dig us out of a hole now and keep our SPL status. We need players good enough to build the team around for the next 2-3 years, players who can put bums on seats, who can help fill this great stadium we have.

The team hasn't been neglected, it's been badly managed - there is a difference. The financials have been produced that show we should be more competitive than we are. We are not where we are because of how much has been spent, but how it has been spent.

STF and Petrie have given the club about the soundest foundations possible upon which to flourish. The direction that they are taking us is one that needs some immediate attention but once the product on the park is corrected will take us to sustainable success.

It needs a cash boost right now though. We can't have a window bringing in players that aren't good enough for the top 6 in Scotland. They need to be players brought in for 2-3 years that a team can be built around.

BEEJ
02-01-2012, 07:20 PM
It's spend now, or face up to life at this end of the table for a long time to come.
It's spend now or be forced to spend way beyond our more restricted means next season in an effort to scrabble out of the First Division.

Those are the stark alternatives.

matty_f
02-01-2012, 07:22 PM
It's spend now or be forced to spend way beyond our more restricted means next season in an effort to scrabble out of the First Division.

Yep, that is about right.

IWasThere2016
02-01-2012, 07:26 PM
You've completely missed the point G.

It's not a quick fix I'm asking for. It's a fix full stop.

We don't need players that will dig us out of a hole now and keep our SPL status. We need players good enough to build the team around for the next 2-3 years, players who can put bums on seats, who can help fill this great stadium we have.

The team hasn't been neglected, it's been badly managed - there is a difference. The financials have been produced that show we should be more competitive than we are. We are not where we are because of how much has been spent, but how it has been spent.

STF and Petrie have given the club about the soundest foundations possible upon which to flourish. The direction that they are taking us is one that needs some immediate attention but once the product on the park is corrected will take us to sustainable success.

It needs a cash boost right now though. We can't have a window bringing in players that aren't good enough for the top 6 in Scotland. They need to be players brought in for 2-3 years that a team can be built around.

I've no missed the point - I was wanting something made clearer :wink: I agree we need 3/4 quality players on 2/3 year deals to turn this around. We also need better younger players coming through.

IWasThere2016
02-01-2012, 07:28 PM

Gonna take millions .. To cover losses and invest also.

NAE NOOKIE
02-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Do enough now to keep us in the SPL and in the summer get ****ing REAL, or admit that you havnt got a clue how to make a club do what it is supposed to on the field.

Bad Martini
02-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Bottom line...we shouldn't have wasted four million bucks on the white elephant pampering palace that is East Mains or at least not when the choice was to either replace half decent players with **** or build it.

Bottom line...ER was rarely full yet we widely increased our capacity with the new east yet served pish on the pitch and expected to fill it.

BOTTOM LINE...we NEED at least three of four decent players NOW (ASAP, not the end of January but now) or we defo are ****ed and we will go down, again. Our team is full of average and sub average, UNFIT and UNSKILLED journeyman give or take 1 or 2 sometimes......

Get this one wrong petrie and you can **** off with our worst regards, IN SPITE of all your "good work" in the past....

ENDOF

McIntosh
02-01-2012, 08:18 PM
After watching the game it is was apparent that we are extremely poor in nearly all departments. If the following players are available they should be signed at the earliest opportunity:

Webster
Skacel
Sutton
The reason why we are in the situation are contested but what cannot be contested is that we are suffering from an under investment in quality. These players know each other and would offer something immediately in terms quality, experience and fight. Something which has been lacking today but for a considerable period.

truehibernian
02-01-2012, 08:25 PM
After watching the game it is was apparent that we are extremely poor in nearly all departments. If the following players are available they should be signed at the earliest opportunity:

Webster
Skacel
Sutton
The reason why we are in the situation are contested but what cannot be contested is that we are suffering from an under investment in quality. These players know each other and would offer something immediately in terms quality, experience and fight. Something which has been lacking today but for a considerable period.

I would be making Black and Sutton a priority if funds became available. And Danny Swanson from Utd. They would be my three (albeit Danny is injured)

Westie1875
02-01-2012, 08:26 PM
I hope they realise how important the next couple of weeks are. It's not inconceivable that we go out the cup on Saturday, though I would say it's unlikely, even with this side!, and then it's a massive game against Dunfermline.

IMHO, we need players in this week to ensure we get through those two games with wins. Time for Hibs to flex a bit of financial muscle.

This is the key for me, but I really don't believe they do. There is an air of arrogance about the board at Easter Road and I think they don't have a grip on the reality of our current situation, we are NOT too big to go down, despite what they may believe.

nortonhibby
02-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Do enough now to keep us in the SPL and in the summer get ****ing REAL, or admit that you havnt got a clue how to make a club do what it is supposed to on the field.

The other gamble is spend nothing plod along and hope we can get more points than Dunfermline make no bones about it RP Will be looking at that option as well.

Splash cash or take a chance and gradually re build in the Summer write this season off and start fresh for next season finish second bottom but keep the cash.

Its RPs call

McIntosh
02-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I would be making Black and Sutton a priority if funds became available. And Danny Swanson from Utd. They would be my three (albeit Danny is injured)

Just came off the phone from my nephew (he was covering the game today on the Radio). You maywell be getting a few of your wishes!!!

Ps Both my nephews are Hearts fans

cad
02-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Gonna take millions .. To cover losses and invest also.

Sure is ,but it must have been a scenario Petrie would have expected if Pat got off to a bad start .

STF must have been primed for a loan long before these results came about ..

If hes not and we continue as is , I dread to think what the outcome will be

nortonhibby
02-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Sure is ,but it must have been a scenario Petrie would have expected if Pat got off to a bad start .

STF must have been primed for a loan long before these results came about ..

If hes not and we continue as is , I dread to think what the outcome will be

the out come is relegation and many years with the finest stadium in the 1st division with 2 to 3 thousand turning up.

one man to blame Don Teflon RP.