PDA

View Full Version : Lee Griffiths

Jim44
01-01-2012, 06:44 PM
What's the latest on Giffiths? The bit in the Sunday Mail gave the impression that he was definitely away back to Wolves after the derby.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Wolves don't want him back...and neither do I...sorry guys

Scouse Hibee
01-01-2012, 07:09 PM
He's been as good as the rest of them, so in a glass half full situation I would like to see him remain at ER.:wink:

Holmesdale Hibs
01-01-2012, 07:13 PM
I'd keep him. He's not been brilliant but not as bad as some make out. Especially with Agogo being punted and GOC maybe going to the Huns or jail.

With a bit of maturity I think he could be a good SPL player. With a decent midfield he'd score more than most.

Beefster
01-01-2012, 07:18 PM
We could get a player of similar or standard quality without having to pay a fee.

northgreen24
01-01-2012, 07:27 PM
at the ICT came he couldnt wait to come off (my seat is just behing the dugout). I apreicate that he is a hibs fan but like others have said is is no more than a first divison player who does ver little. he did well getting a move to wolves but i am sure is next move will be no where near that level.

150K :faf:

not for me :bye: and thats not saying we hve better but i feel there is better we can find

R'Albin
01-01-2012, 07:30 PM
I'd keep him. He's not been brilliant but not as bad as some make out. Especially with Agogo being punted and GOC maybe going to the Huns or jail.

With a bit of maturity I think he could be a good SPL player. With a decent midfield he'd score more than most.

That is the thing for me. Think he will improve quite a bit but it's always gonna be hard for a striker with such a pish team behind him.

LancashireHibby
01-01-2012, 07:50 PM
No lack of ability, but sometimes a player is as only as good as he is allowed to be by the players around him.

That said, he has done my nut in during some of the past few games where he's been a dead ringer for Deek at his worst....just hanging about on the left hand touchline with his head down and not looking interested in receiving a pass or challenging for the ball, bar the odd boot to a defender here and there.

Brooster
01-01-2012, 08:04 PM
We could get a player of similar or standard quality without having to pay a fee.

Who and where?

PeterboroHibee
01-01-2012, 08:08 PM
I think hes an alright player but not someone Id be looking to spend cash on. Hes a guy with potential (but not really anywhere near reaching it), we need guys who can do it now.

If we were a good team then we might be better suited to accomodate someone like Griffiths in the team, allowing him to develop, but he really isnt going to progress with Hibs at the moment.

hibbiedon
01-01-2012, 08:09 PM
at the ICT came he couldnt wait to come off (my seat is just behing the dugout). I apreicate that he is a hibs fan but like others have said is is no more than a first divison player who does ver little. he did well getting a move to wolves but i am sure is next move will be no where near that level.

not for me :bye: and thats not saying we hve better but i feel there is better we can find

the reason he came off was because he had an injury .i spoke to himand he was in a lot of pain, but still it gives you a chance to slag a hibs player :confused:

Nelly070
01-01-2012, 08:28 PM

I guess its all about opinions but I think there is a player in there. He is young and needs some decent service from those around him.
He looked injured at the ICT game so give him a break !!

scoopyboy
01-01-2012, 08:34 PM
What's the latest on Giffiths? The bit in the Sunday Mail gave the impression that he was definitely away back to Wolves after the derby.

I thought he was here until the 9th, which means he would get the cup tie.

Saorsa
01-01-2012, 08:48 PM
I thought he was here until the 9th, which means he would get the cup tie.Said 9th on the fishy site

IWasThere2016
01-01-2012, 08:49 PM
I sincerely doubt we'll pay six figs for Leigh. I doubt Wolves would get that from another club also.

If we get him, IMHO RP's likely to negotiate a low/no fee in return for share of any sell-on ala Pars and Bamba

I'd take him.

Mikey
01-01-2012, 08:53 PM
I sincerely doubt we'll pay six figs for Leigh. I doubt Wolves would get that from another club also.

If we get him, IMHO RP's likely to negotiate a low/no fee in return for share of any sell-on ala Pars and Bamba

I'd take him.

SL :wink:

R'Albin
01-01-2012, 08:57 PM

So what does Petrie actually do now?

Jones28
01-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Jonny Hayes is a better player for the same money IMHO

Mikey
01-01-2012, 09:00 PM

He's still the chairman.

northgreen24
01-01-2012, 09:01 PM
the reason he came off was because he had an injury .i spoke to himand he was in a lot of pain, but still it gives you a chance to slag a hibs player :confused:

o well if LG told you he was injured thats that then :confused::confused:. so this is an injury that was so bad he had to come of and fall down a yard from the touch line. The guy hardly put up a fight but he will be available 5 days later after being in so much pain?

we are all entitled to an opinion or are we on this site

Sylar
01-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Who the hell is Lee Griffiths?

I have to wonder at some folk on here - first, we'd be happy to see the back of GOC and now Griffiths - what does that leave us with?! The strikers aren't the problem - service from the midfleld is - these guys would flourish with decent support.

Griffiths is a great young Scottish prospect who is still developing. He'd struggle to get anywhere NEAR the Wolves team just now, mostly owing to the form of Fletcher!

IWasThere2016
01-01-2012, 09:02 PM

Oh aye :wink: right enough :wink:

R'Albin
01-01-2012, 09:02 PM
He's still the chairman.

Okay...

So he sorts out the money and stuff..?

northgreen24
01-01-2012, 09:03 PM
I guess its all about opinions but I think there is a player in there. He is young and needs some decent service from those around him.
He looked injured at the ICT game so give him a break !!

take it back nelly070 put his point accross and although it disagress that is the wonders of football

IWasThere2016
01-01-2012, 09:04 PM

Mostly he sacks managers before the AGM :greengrin

R'Albin
01-01-2012, 09:06 PM

:greengrin

dp00
01-01-2012, 09:35 PM
:greengrin

And does his walk of behind the goals before the game

one day maybe...
01-01-2012, 09:42 PM

I have to wonder at some folk on here - first, we'd be happy to see the back of GOC and now Griffiths - what does that leave us with?! The strikers aren't the problem - service from the midfleld is - these guys would flourish with decent support.

Griffiths is a great young Scottish prospect who is still developing. He'd struggle to get anywhere NEAR the Wolves team just now, mostly owing to the form of Fletcher!

A player whom the fans deemed not Hibs quality. What a fickle bunch we are, maybe we should just pay £50 a game at ER and then we could buy decent players and hound them out of ER. As we do every other footballer that's on our books.

Rant over, mon the Hibs imorn :flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
01-01-2012, 10:52 PM

The club keep on trying to tell folks but apparently falling on deaf ears ;)

Viva_Palmeiras
01-01-2012, 10:54 PM
And does his walk of behind the goals before the game

And occasionally pogos insanely when he thinks folks aren't looking ;) sorry in a jovial tonight

Viva_Palmeiras
01-01-2012, 10:55 PM

Lol

Pete
01-01-2012, 11:08 PM

Absolutely spot on.

We have two of the best finishers in the league in our team at the moment. They're isolated and would flourish in a decent team with decent support and supply.

I'd like to say that all we need is a player in the hole or decent attacking midfield options but I don't think we're strong enough defensively at the moment to support these players even if they were brought in. I believe confidence comes from a strong defence and without that the players who are meant to be midfielders are continually covering for bad defenders.

I'm hoping Pat can fix our obvious failings...and keep quality finishers like Lee and Garry for as long as possible.

leither17
02-01-2012, 12:12 AM
His name is Leigh and i hope he stays too on a permanent deal defo a player there just needs to know he is here for the season at least and be settled

basehibby
02-01-2012, 12:54 AM
I've not been convinced by Leigh so far - he's shown his ability and goal scoring prowess in flashes but has also all too often taken the wrong option and has fluffed a few decent chances. I think he's got decent potential but if I was Fenlon I'd be wary of *****ing any hefty proportion of my budget on him when what we need are guys that can deliver in the here and now!

I'd be more than happy to see him extend his loan deal to the end of the season and prove his worth but I'm not so sure about splashing the cash to sign him permanently at this stage - I don't know the details of the transfer budget but I suspect the money might be better spent elsewhere - eg. on a creative midfielder

hibbiedon
02-01-2012, 05:11 AM
o well if LG told you he was injured thats that then :confused::confused:. so this is an injury that was so bad he had to come of and fall down a yard from the touch line. The guy hardly put up a fight but he will be available 5 days later after being in so much pain?

we are all entitled to an opinion or are we on this site

Yes we are all entitled to an opinion, even us that are pro Hibs, I didn't say he had an injury that would keep him out for a long time or would last weeks but he was in pain thats a fact. I didn't know that he had fell he never mentioned that one thing is a fact he plays a hell of a lot better for Hibs than you support Hibs

Beefster
02-01-2012, 06:59 AM
Who and where?

Once I have the full scouting resources of a football club behind me, I'll get back to you. It's been shown countless times that it's possible though, even at Hibs.

He'd struggle to get anywhere NEAR the Wolves team just now, mostly owing to the form of Fletcher!

From McCarthy's comments, he wouldn't be anywhere near the Wolves team even if they didn't have Fletcher.

allezsauzee
02-01-2012, 08:15 AM
I think Leigh has done pretty well for us conidering how poor the team has been in general. He's only 21 so I'm sure his finishing will improve as he gains experience and maturity, not that his scoring record is that bad anyway. Plus he actually wants to play for Hibs rather than being a journeyman who just wants to pick up a wage

northgreen24
02-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Once I have the full scouting resources of a football club behind me, I'll get back to you. It's been shown countless times that it's possible though, even at Hibs.

From McCarthy's comments, he wouldn't be anywhere near the Wolves team even if they didn't have Fletcher.

agree totally with beefsters comments, just because he is on wolves books does not make him prem quality, danny galbraith and vp was a MU and liverpool but woudl you say they were that standard. He may well have potential however i dont think personally he is that good or worth spending a chunk of our budget based on what I have seen / saw.

does that mean i support hibs less:confused::confused:

hibbiedon
02-01-2012, 09:05 AM
[QUOTE=northgreen24;3058897]agree totally with beefsters comments, just because he is on wolves books does not make him prem quality, danny galbraith and vp was a MU and liverpool but woudl you say they were that standard. He may well have potential however i dont think personally he is that good or worth spending a chunk of our budget based on what I have seen / saw.

does that mean i support hibs less:confused::confused:[/Quote

we all support our team in the way we see fit, one definition of support is to give practical or emotional help or to speak in favour of but im sure we all want Hibs to win. I know our team is not as strong as it should be I just believe putting the players down only makes matters worse by destroying their confidence,

J-C
02-01-2012, 09:52 AM
I think Griffiths is 1 of a few in the squad who are suffering a lack of confidence, he has plenty of pace and that's something we have lacked in a striker for a while.

Wembley67
02-01-2012, 09:55 AM
As a few have said already he is more than good enough to play for hibs, without service how the heck is he meant to score....some people still live in a wee bubble when we actually used to have a midfield to die for.

J-C
02-01-2012, 09:59 AM
As a few have said already he is more than good enough to play for hibs, without service how the heck is he meant to score....some people still live in a wee bubble when we actually used to have a midfield to die for.

True, could you imaging Griffiths and Doyle, with pace aplenty, running at defences, we need 2 solid midfielder, 1 being creative to give these guys service.