PDA

View Full Version : NHC Sunderland vs Man City

Mikeystewart
01-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Wouldn't mind a finish to a game like that one the morn for the cabbage :flag: :top marks

Hibstrooper
01-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Wouldn't mind a finish to a game like that one the morn for the cabbage :flag: :top marks

:agree: just like your profile pic

Mikeystewart
01-01-2012, 03:58 PM
:agree: just like your profile pic

Oh Aye!!! :pfgwa

Billy Whizz
01-01-2012, 04:03 PM

O'connor scored a very very late goal against Hearts at ER a few years back

BoltonHibee
01-01-2012, 04:07 PM
O'connor scored a very very late goal against Hearts at ER a few years back

Didn't we only have 10 men for a lot of that game too?

Billy Whizz
01-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Didn't we only have 10 men for a lot of that game too?

I think your right. Was this the game that Grant Brebner got sent off early in the 1st half?

Mikeystewart
01-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I think your right. Was this the game that Grant Brebner got sent off early in the 1st half?

Wasn't interested in football until I went to that game, got a free ticket and had nowt else to do. Now the rest is history :greengrin

My avatar is from when Gaz scored, pretty sure there was a pitch invasion

TornadoHibby
01-01-2012, 09:07 PM

That's only gonna happen if our guys give every ounce of effort, will to win and determination that they have cause that's what the Sunderland guys did today! :agree:

Felt good about the result today as these City players and their odious little manager have had these kind of results coming for a few weeks now and MON deserved something out of the game for bringing his team back from the brink of the EPL relegation zone to just below the top half of the EPL right now! His enthusiasm and energy are a delight to witness IMO!:agree: :agree:

stokesmessiah
01-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Whilst on the subject of the Sunderland V City game, can someone please tell me how Bendtner manages to earn a living as a footballer....watched that game today and watching MOTD2 just now where he was clean through on goal...he is pretty honking??

McD
01-01-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm neither for or against Man City or Sunderland, but it was pathetic watching sunderland put everyone behind the ball. If most managers did that at home they'd get pilloried, MON will prob be feted as some tactical genius.

I'm not saying go all out attack, but barring the last minute offside goal, it wasn't a football match, just an exercise in being as negative as possible.

Just my humble opinion of course :greengrin

Cameron1875
01-01-2012, 09:21 PM
If you go ultra attacking against City then you'll get battered so there's no point imo.

Speedy
01-01-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm neither for or against Man City or Sunderland, but it was pathetic watching sunderland put everyone behind the ball. If most managers did that at home they'd get pilloried, MON will prob be feted as some tactical genius.

I'm not saying go all out attack, but barring the last minute offside goal, it wasn't a football match, just an exercise in being as negative as possible.

Fair comment if they weren't playing man city, who are top of the league with quality all over the pitch, but they were.

Even a point would have been a good result imo

Sir David Gray
01-01-2012, 09:29 PM

I think that's a bit unfair.

Sunderland had two brilliant chances during the game before they scored, from Bendtner and Sessegnon, and they defended really well throughout as well.

Manchester City have far better players than Sunderland, their squad's worth hundreds of millions of pounds and so you would expect to do a lot of defending against them.

Defending's as much a part of the game as attacking is. Let's be honest, if you try to attack City for 90 minutes and go up man for man against them, most sides will get hammered.

Apart from anything else, I'd take a 90+ minute offside winner tomorrow as well.

In fact, it would be my preference! :greengrin

McD
01-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Fair comment if they weren't playing man city, who are top of the league with quality all over the pitch, but they were.

Even a point would have been a good result imo

Also fair comment mate, I just reckon its a bit poor to utilise the craig levein 4-6-0 formation. As I said, don't go all out attack, but by keeping a player or 2 further forward, you keep their defenders honest, and hopefully encourage your defence to come out a bit.

I'd be really disappointed if Hibs went anywhere and played like that (equally we got a slapping off Barca for doing that a couple of years ago, but they would be one of the few teams I would expect us to shut up shop).

A point wouldve been a good result, a win even better.

To be honest though, I don't get paid to make these decisions at a football club though :greengrin

col02
01-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Amazing what a clubs support getting behind a new manager can help achieve! Kid for a quid scheme there today was it not? Would be some sight to see ER rocking full to the rafters!

Pete
01-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Liking the choice of pundit on MOTD2. Young, fresh and strong opinions.

I'm seeing Chris Brunt getting carried off. I hope he's OK as he's one of my favourite players and it's a matter of time before he's off.

McD
01-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I think that's a bit unfair.

Sunderland had two brilliant chances during the game before they scored, from Bendtner and Sessegnon, and they defended really well throughout as well.

Manchester City have far better players than Sunderland, their squad's worth hundreds of millions of pounds and so you would expect to do a lot of defending against them.

Defending's as much a part of the game as attacking is. Let's be honest, if you try to attack City for 90 minutes and go up man for man against them, most sides will get hammered.

Apart from anything else, I'd take a 90+ minute offside winner tomorrow as well.

In fact, it would be my preference! :greengrin

Wouldnt disagree with any of your points mate, I just personally feel they couldve been a little bit more positive, and that at times were defending through choice rather than necessity. Defending and attacking are definitely equally important however (I agree most teams will be defending more agianst City though).

All about opinions, keeps us all blethering and coming back for more :)

And lastly, I'd love a 90+ minute offside winner tomorrow against the manky lot, wouldnt complain if we saw them get a good skelping either, but I suspect that the first scenario is more likely lol

(apologies for delay, every time I try to put in a smiley its crashing IE9)