PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Today's matches

Sir David Gray
01-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Full time;

West Brom 0-1 Everton

The second match has just kicked off between Sunderland and Manchester City.

Can City take advantage of United's shock defeat yesterday and go 3 points clear at the top?

Come on Sunderland! :pray:

Live coverage on Sky Sports 1.

H18sry
01-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Full time;

West Brom 0-1 Everton

The second match has just kicked off between Sunderland and Manchester City.

Can City take advantage of United's shock defeat yesterday and go 3 points clear at the top?

Come on Sunderland! :pray:

Live coverage on Sky Sports 1.

I hope so :wink:

heretoday
01-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Fine win by Everton. Moyes must be still celebrating New Year. He put on three strikers late on and went for the win!

Saha was hopeless. He must go.

Sir David Gray
01-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Half time;

Sunderland 0-0 Manchester City

That would do.

Saorsa
01-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Half time;

Sunderland 0-0 Manchester City

That would do.That's an opinion, no a match update :wink:

HH81
01-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Sunderland just missed a great chance. Will city make him pay? 30 mins left.

heretoday
01-01-2012, 03:31 PM
It's all Citeh now. Can't see them not scoring.

SteveHFC
01-01-2012, 03:49 PM
1-0 Sunderland :thumbsup:

Wotherspiniesta
01-01-2012, 03:50 PM
O......................M.......................... .JI

:greengrin

Sir David Gray
01-01-2012, 03:50 PM
1-0 Sunderland, 93 minutes.

GIRUY City! :faf:

:thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
01-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Full time!

Ya beauty! :thumbsup:

HH81
01-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Offside?

Full time score 1-0.

Manchester city still top.

Wotherspiniesta
01-01-2012, 03:56 PM

No. :thumbsup:

Sunderland just missed a great chance. Will city make him pay? 30 mins left.

No. :aok:

It's all Citeh now. Can't see them not scoring.

I can. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
01-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Hopefully Liverpool can pump them now on Tuesday night! :greengrin

LancashireHibby
01-01-2012, 03:57 PM
It is only truly a weekend of freak results if Hibs get a win tomorrow.

Betty Boop
01-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Macar will be ecstatic. :greengrin

HH81
01-01-2012, 04:01 PM
It is only truly a weekend of freak results if Hibs get a win tomorrow.
The poor thing is some on here are more excited or positive about todays game than they will be tomorrow.

Bit of a joke really as some have never been to Manchester.

Pretty Boy
01-01-2012, 04:03 PM
The only thing that spoils my enjoyment of this weekends results is the thought of bookies up and down the country rubbing their hands in delight as coupon after coupon goes wrong.

leither17
01-01-2012, 04:05 PM
The only thing that spoils my enjoyment of this weekends results is the thought of bookies up and down the country rubbing their hands in delight as coupon after coupon goes wrong.

Its been a happy new year for they cants

Sir David Gray
01-01-2012, 04:06 PM
The poor thing is some on here are more excited or positive about todays game than they will be tomorrow.

Not sure who you're referring to here but you can certainly take me out of the equation.

Tomorrow's the only game I'm really bothered about.

H18sry
01-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Not sure who you're referring to here but you can certainly take me out of the equation.

Aye right:rolleyes:

Wotherspiniesta
01-01-2012, 04:08 PM

The poor thing is your comparisons to peoples support of Hibs to peoples support of Man United.

If Hibs score a 93rd minute winner tomorrow, I'll post a 1000 GIRUY's when I get back. Hope that makes you happy John.

But for now......GIRUY Shhiitteeh!!! :na na:

Sir David Gray
01-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Aye right:rolleyes:

You believe what you want to believe.

I've stated the difference in terms of my feelings on Manchester Utd and Hibs plenty of times on here.

HH81
01-01-2012, 04:15 PM
The poor thing is your comparisons to peoples support of Hibs to peoples support of Man United.

If Hibs score a 93rd minute winner tomorrow, I'll post a 1000 GIRUY's when I get back. Hope that makes you happy John.

But for now......GIRUY Shhiitteeh!!! :na na:

Still don't think you would be as excited as you are with your tv team.

Wotherspiniesta
01-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Still don't think you would be as excited as you are with your tv team.

Cleaely you don't know me then. :aok:

HH81
01-01-2012, 04:22 PM

Ok, your out the equation. You clearly never bother with any other team except Hibs. I'll never expect you to post on another todays games thread as you clearly don't care.

Sir David Gray
01-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Ok, your out the equation. You clearly never bother with any other team except Hibs. I'll never expect you to post on another todays games thread as you clearly don't care.

I never said I didn't care about Manchester Utd. I like them, I've never hidden that.

However, I love Hibs.

That is the one true difference.

Monts
01-01-2012, 04:26 PM

Your making yourself look a bit daft here.

The idea that people wont care about the derby because they like a team that plays in a different country is laughable imo.

HH81
01-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Cleaely you don't know me then. :aok:

I can only go on what I see and others no doubt see on here.

Wotherspiniesta
01-01-2012, 04:28 PM
John will you agree to never post an update on an English football thread for the rest of the season if FH doesn't?

:halowitch:

Wotherspiniesta
01-01-2012, 04:29 PM
I can only go on what I see and others no doubt see on here.

Well I can assure you, you're talking pish. :aok:

HH81
01-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Your making yourself look a bit daft here.

The idea that people wont care about the derby because they like a team that plays in a different country is laughable imo.
Who's saying someone doesn't care about the Derby? I'm saying some posters post more positive posts about other clubs than Hibs.

Monts
01-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Who's saying someone doesn't care about the Derby? I'm saying some posters post more positive posts about other clubs than Hibs.

No you said people are more excited by todays games than tomorrows. Nonsense imo.
What exactly are hibs giving us to be positive about at the moment?

MSK
01-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Who's saying someone doesn't care about the Derby? I'm saying some posters post more positive posts about other clubs than Hibs.Thank **** ..could you imagine this place if it was 100% doom & gloom !!!!! :panic:

one day maybe...
01-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Oh well 2 points dropped was actually a point gained. Come on the Spurs!! Happy New Year fellow Hibees.. :thumbsup:

Wembley67
01-01-2012, 04:39 PM
I have no idea why cant these premiership loving dafties can't post this stuff in the dug out...seriously, I'm sure most of us like to be kept up-to-date with the scores but all the immature tit for tat stuff is nauseating.

Wotherspiniesta
01-01-2012, 04:40 PM
HalifaxHibs, All I have to go on is your posts on here.

I have therefore determined that you care more about Man United getting beat than you do about Hibs winning.

You see how daft it looks?

Monts
01-01-2012, 04:40 PM
I have no idea why cant these premiership loving dafties can't post this stuff in the dug out...seriously, I'm sure most of us like to be kept up-to-date with the scores but all the immature tit for tat stuff is nauseating.

Because this is the football forum

matty_f
01-01-2012, 04:44 PM
:top marks

Saorsa
01-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Because this is the football forumNone of it from post 11 onwards has anything tae do with match updates which is what this thread is for, just another manchester borefest. :yawn: I'm sure there would be lots of people on the relevant mancherster forums who who be delighted tae read this puerile drivel.

Westie1875
01-01-2012, 04:55 PM

:agree::top marks

Sir David Gray
01-01-2012, 05:23 PM

:agree::top marks

:top marks

Pretty certain this is the football related forum and the games are now finished for the day so I don't know what further updates you're looking for. :dunno:

matty_f
01-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Pretty certain this is the football related forum and the games are now finished for the day so I don't know what further updates you're looking for. :dunno:

You know there are people that aren't on here 'real time' during the updates threads that will still go through them? And even if it extended beyond simple updates on the scores to discussion on the games it would be more relevant to the thread purpose than the 'banter' that goes on, IMHO.

cabbageandribs1875
01-01-2012, 05:29 PM

:agree: what a state the usual suspects get in tae :panic: although no sight of the 'keep the true faith' one yet :hilarious

Sir David Gray
01-01-2012, 05:37 PM
You know there are people that aren't on here 'real time' during the updates threads that will still go through them? And even if it extended beyond simple updates on the scores to discussion on the games it would be more relevant to the thread purpose than the 'banter' that goes on, IMHO.

Maybe it's just me but I see threads like this as being an extension to a discussion in a pub, where there's people present who like all kinds of clubs. In that setting, I would expect there to be a bit of slagging going on.

It's all just banter and hardly ever becomes aggressive or unpleasant.

I personally don't see the issue and, like I said before, this forum is for "Hibs chat and football in general" and therefore the dugout suggestion is incorrect. The definition of what each forum is for would need to be altered before any chat like this could be appropriate for the dugout.

If there were other matches going on just now and the updates thread was being hijacked or abused then I could see the point about posts like this being inappropriate but all the games are done now so I honestly don't see a problem.

Andy74
01-01-2012, 05:40 PM

What about your own boring obsession? Do you hate Man U more than you like Hibs?

matty_f
01-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Maybe it's just me but I see threads like this as being an extension to a discussion in a pub, where there's people present who like all kinds of clubs. In that setting, I would expect there to be a bit of slagging going on.

It's all just banter and hardly ever becomes aggressive or unpleasant.

I personally don't see the issue and, like I said before, this forum is for "Hibs chat and football in general" and therefore the dugout suggestion is incorrect. The definition of what each forum is for would need to be altered before any chat like this could be appropriate for the dugout.

If there were other matches going on just now and the updates thread was being hijacked or abused then I could see the point about posts like this being inappropriate but all the games are done now so I honestly don't see a problem.

Maybe because you're one of the 4 or 5 posters that take the threads over with it you don't appreciate how inane it all is to other folk. Just my opinion, I don't speak for others but going by comments on this thread and elsewhere I don't think I'm alone in that view. Folk thought that about the calendar thread though, so I'm hardly speaking from a position of the moral high-ground with it!:greengrin

Saorsa
01-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Maybe because you're one of the 4 or 5 posters that take the threads over with it you don't appreciate how inane it all is to other folk. Just my opinion, I don't speak for others but going by comments on this thread and elsewhere I don't think I'm alone in that view. Folk thought that about the calendar thread though, so I'm hardly speaking from a position of the moral high-ground with it!:greengrinThat was one thread which had nothing tae do with anything else or took over other threads and folk could either read it or ignore it. When folk want tae check a match update threads they dinnae want tae wade through posts/pages of a mancherster snore fest. The boxing day thread is littered with it, the Spurs v Chelsea thread was closed because of it, it takes over just about every update thread and you're right it is inane and boring.

Hibercelona
01-01-2012, 05:58 PM

People who gamble deserve to lose just as much as they deserve to win IMO.

Perhaps it'll teach people that nothing is ever a certainty.

Now i'm off to stick the house on Hibs. :greengrin

CFC
02-01-2012, 03:26 AM
:agree: what a state the usual suspects get in tae :panic: although no sight of the 'keep the true faith' one yet :hilarious

He was acting as if City had the league in the bag in November, cannae believe someone could be so niave.