PDA

View Full Version : Sandaza?

Martin
31-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Anyone Fancy him in green and white?

Good scoring Record this season. 12 goals in 17 games. Prob better diving record than our strikers too!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16365447.stm

Judas Iscariot
31-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Link no worky..

Sure I heard the Huns were looking at him

H18sry
31-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Anyone Fancy him in green and white?

Good scoring Record this season. 12 goals in 17 games. Prob better diving record than our strikers too!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16365447.stm

I know we have a reputation as being a big team, but the way we are,and the way we have been struggling in the past few seasons, I cannot see why any other SPL player would want to sign for us and get embroiled in a relegation dogfight.

Betty Boop
31-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Derek McInnes looking to take him to Bristol City.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-linked-sign-St-Johnstone-striker/story-14267818-detail/story.html

PISTOL1875
31-12-2011, 10:29 AM
I would have him a heart beat...

R'Albin
31-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Surely if he linked with other clubs that makes him rubbish and only using St J's as a stepping stone.
Don't need that type of player at ER.
Move on
end of
fact
taxi smiley thing
thread closed et al.

Players using Hibs as a stepping stone doesn't bother me, better having quality players who might only stay for a year or two and then make us some cash than be in the position we are in now. Crap players who won't make us any money, and who get us into a worse position.

Hibercelona
31-12-2011, 10:50 AM
I know we have a reputation as being a big team, but the way we are,and the way we have been struggling in the past few seasons, I cannot see why any other SPL player would want to sign for us and get embroiled in a relegation dogfight.

That.... and we can't afford players from big clubs like St Johnstone.... :rolleyes:

random sub
31-12-2011, 10:56 AM
That.... and we can't afford players from big clubs like St Johnstone.... :rolleyes:

What makes me hacked off is that Sandaza was obviously a class act, proven in the premier league from his time at utd. He was a free agent at the start of the season and obviously was happy coming to Scotland....and affordable too. Exactly the sort of creative player we should be signing to improve the team but didn't seem to even be on our radar. Quality scouting that.

Billy Whizz
31-12-2011, 10:57 AM
What makes me hacked off is that Sandaza was obviously a class act, proven in the premier league from his time at utd. He was a free agent at the start of the season and obviously was happy coming to Scotland....and affordable too. Exactly the sort of creative player we should be signing to improve the team but didn't seem to even be on our radar. Quality scouting that.

Was he not released by United as they thought he wasn't upto SPL standards?

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-12-2011, 12:28 PM

He did nothing at United to suggest that he was anything other than a run of the mill player. St Johnstone signed him cos he ticked all the boxes with no fee, and not a huge wage required and so far they have struck lucky. We would take him and play him now if he was offered and we could pay for it, but he was never a serious contender before the season started. If the OF are looking at him, then all the teams in the SPL, bar St J have missed the bus with him.

Captain Trips
31-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Players using Hibs as a stepping stone doesn't bother me, better having quality players who might only stay for a year or two and then make us some cash than be in the position we are in now. Crap players who won't make us any money, and who get us into a worse position.

Players staying for a year or less is half the reason we are in a state, I would rather have taken the gamble at seasons start with the likes of Sandaza on a longer deal than Garry. By all means have the odd player on a short deal but if we are happy to bring in all and sundry to p1ss on us the minute they can talk to other clubs which always seems to happen we can enjoy 10th etc.

The mangers job is to sign good players for as long as he can just because CC couldnt sign really anyone decent shouldnt be our policy. We need to build some consistancty.

erin go bragh
31-12-2011, 12:39 PM
More of a cost cutting measure/injury problems than spl standards [ Stevie Wonder could see the guy had quality when fit ]
Would be a great signing for us but cant see it tbh , but you never know .

ggtth

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-12-2011, 12:45 PM
As per the previous post, I thought he was good for Utd when fit (not often, right enough!)

random sub
31-12-2011, 12:54 PM

He was great for Utd when I saw him, including matches against Hibs. Think he was injury prone and thought he could go on to bigger things so moved on from the SPL....but he came back!

R'Albin
31-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Players staying for a year or less is half the reason we are in a state, I would rather have taken the gamble at seasons start with the likes of Sandaza on a longer deal than Garry. By all means have the odd player on a short deal but if we are happy to bring in all and sundry to p1ss on us the minute they can talk to other clubs which always seems to happen we can enjoy 10th etc.

The mangers job is to sign good players for as long as he can just because CC couldnt sign really anyone decent shouldnt be our policy. We need to build some consistancty.

Yeah I agree I prefer taking on players on longer contracts. It pisses me off when we help players e.g O'Connor and Stokes and then they leave for free or leave for a lot less than they're worth. But I don't mind at all if players sign for us, as a stepping stone to move onto bigger clubs, as long as they treat the club with respect whilst they are here, and give 100% every week and that they don't take playing for Hibs for granted.

Littlest Hobo
31-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Watched him a few times, his clever runs would be wasted at Hibs. We have nobody capable of reading a forwards clever run into the channel. Any Hibs fan who doesn't think this guy would have been a good buy for me doesn't know his arse from his elbow. Just incase there are any doubters, just have a look at the scoring charts.

hibbymark
31-12-2011, 01:48 PM
He was so far out the picture at united that he was playing pre season games with the under 19s against Penicuik athletic.

I think he like Saints have had a good season but previous to this he has been honking. Not for me.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Watched him a few times, his clever runs would be wasted at Hibs. We have nobody capable of reading a forwards clever run into the channel. Any Hibs fan who doesn't think this guy would have been a good buy for me doesn't know his arse from his elbow. Just incase there are any doubters, just have a look at the scoring charts.

Why did he end up at St Johnstone then? All the other managers in the SPL spending too much time sitting on their elbows?

SteveHFC
31-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Replacement for O'Connor :greengrin

Littlest Hobo
31-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Why did he end up at St Johnstone then? All the other managers in the SPL spending too much time sitting on their elbows?

You would have to ask them that question mate?

All I know is that he's impressed me and some of the folk who sit around me at the game, I take you wouldn't fancy him at ER?

NorthNorfolkHFC
31-12-2011, 03:57 PM
He did nothing at United to suggest that he was anything other than a run of the mill player. St Johnstone signed him cos he ticked all the boxes with no fee, and not a huge wage required and so far they have struck lucky. We would take him and play him now if he was offered and we could pay for it, but he was never a serious contender before the season started. If the OF are looking at him, then all the teams in the SPL, bar St J have missed the bus with him.

My mate is a season ticket holder at united and always said sandaza was a class act, just injury prone at united.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=57.584253,-3.884375

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-12-2011, 04:12 PM
You would have to ask them that question mate?

All I know is that he's impressed me and some of the folk who sit around me at the game, I take you wouldn't fancy him at ER?

A forward playing every week, and scoring for fun? It would be a no-brainer. The point is though, that was not what he was at Dundee Utd. Saints have taken a punt and it has paid off.

leither17
31-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Did he not go down to brighton first from united?

scoopyboy
31-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah I agree I prefer taking on players on longer contracts. It pisses me off when we help players e.g O'Connor and Stokes and then they leave for free or leave for a lot less than they're worth. But I don't mind at all if players sign for us, as a stepping stone to move onto bigger clubs, as long as they treat the club with respect whilst they are here, and give 100% every week and that they don't take playing for Hibs for granted.

I agree with you but feel compelled to point out that Stokes signed a 3 year deal.

scoopyboy
31-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Did he not go down to brighton first from united?

Correct, SJ got him from Brighton.

R'Albin
31-12-2011, 08:03 PM
I agree with you but feel compelled to point out that Stokes signed a 3 year deal.

Oh forgot about that! Bad example..

The_Exile
01-01-2012, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=NORTHERNHIBBY;3057056]He did nothing at United to suggest that he was anything other than a run of the mill player.QUOTE]

Sorry mate but that's bollox, he's a very very very good striker, he's a guaranteed 20/25 goal a season striker if fit throughout the season, he's similar to Marco Negri in that he was always in the right place at the right time and is a very good finisher, he reminds me of Chris Killen though, all the attributes are there but spends too long on the treatment table, if it wasn't for that he'd be playing somewhere better than Scotland.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-01-2012, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=NORTHERNHIBBY;3057056]He did nothing at United to suggest that he was anything other than a run of the mill player.QUOTE]

Sorry mate but that's bollox, he's a very very very good striker, he's a guaranteed 20/25 goal a season striker if fit throughout the season, he's similar to Marco Negri in that he was always in the right place at the right time and is a very good finisher, he reminds me of Chris Killen though, all the attributes are there but spends too long on the treatment table, if it wasn't for that he'd be playing somewhere better than Scotland.

And the credible position is that all teams in all the leagues in England couldn't see this, and all the teams in the SPL, bar St. J couldn't see this, but the most accurate way to set this in context is too say that Hibs shoud really have taken note? Surely that accolade has to go jointly to Dundee United and Brighton who are equally guilty with the rest of the 100 plus clubs who can't spot a footballer, but are more culpable for letting him go?