PDA

View Full Version : From now till the end of the season

RIP
31-12-2011, 02:42 AM
Create a song for every player. Sing each one several times each game

Sing "We'll support you ever more"

When the other team score sing a really loud version of "Gerrintaethem" and bang the seats

If a player tries something that doesn't come off give them an encouraging round of applause

If you hear someone loudly abusing a Hibs player go over and kick their back sides

Try some new songs e.g.

We don't boo our team
We don't boo our team
We're Hibs Supporters
We don't boo our team

Create a bond between the supporters and the players. Get behind them 100% or stay at home.

This relegation battle is not for the faint-hearted

Hibee_Rab
31-12-2011, 03:05 AM
It'd be really great if we could get a group of hibs supporters to pledge to this (maybe the 12th man?). I'd like to hear the we do not boo are team being sung every time elements of our support start booing, it might get some people joining in with it and create a more positive atmosphere.:thumbsup:

I'm_cabbaged
31-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Boooooo *****g booooooo

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Create a song for every player. Sing each one several times each game

Sing "We'll support you ever more"

When the other team score sing a really loud version of "Gerrintaethem" and bang the seats

If a player tries something that doesn't come off give them an encouraging round of applause

If you hear someone loudly abusing a Hibs player go over and kick their back sides

Try some new songs e.g.

We don't boo our team
We don't boo our team
We're Hibs Supporters
We don't boo our team

Create a bond between the supporters and the players. Get behind them 100% or stay at home.

This relegation battle is not for the faint-hearted

Im all for us getting behind team, but the team have to give us something to go on, I for one won't tolerate shirking tackles, or lazy uninterested players............................

bingo70
31-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Think ill continue to let what's happening on the park dictate my emotions.

Pretty Boy
31-12-2011, 02:45 PM

I second this.

Sir David Gray
31-12-2011, 02:48 PM
When we see Hibs players who look fit, motivated and showing a bit of skill then we'll get all that and more from the fans.

Not before though. There's been too much mediocrity that the fans have had to put up with over the past couple of years to suggest that we'll give much more unconditional support without getting anything back.

Fergus52
31-12-2011, 03:13 PM
has no-one else noticed that our good run of form in the second half of last season was only when the singing section was loud and at its peak.

Getting behind the players loudly has a bigger impact than most of us seem to realise.

Although most hibs fans seem to prefer when we are sh*t so they can have a good moan.

Beefster
31-12-2011, 03:28 PM
has no-one else noticed that our good run of form in the second half of last season was only when the singing section was loud and at its peak.

Getting behind the players loudly has a bigger impact than most of us seem to realise.

Although most hibs fans seem to prefer when we are sh*t so they can have a good moan.

I've no doubt that supporting the team makes a difference but to solely credit the Singing Section for our unbeaten couple of months is rubbish IMO. Unless we can criticise them for letting us down since?

Good dig at the rest of the Hibs support though. Are you another Singing Section uberfan by any chance?

madabouthibs
31-12-2011, 03:35 PM

Perhaps the players' emotions should be dictated by whats happening in the stands? :hmmm:

RIP
31-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Ah wisnae trying to preach to anyone, just a general appeal

I think it's a shame that as a laddie in the 1960's I was always proud to be a Hibs Supporter, to sing and cheer on the team. In these jaded times, I now have to apologise to the cynics for acting like an 'uberfan' - what ever that is.

Nando™
31-12-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm never booing the team again, absolutely no good can come from it. What's the point? The team and the board already know we're pissed off, and they've readily admitted that we've made Easter Road an away match for own players :confused: (or words to that effect). It's either encouragement or absolute silence from me from now on.

And some people singling out our players for abuse ie Ivan Sproule with the "Irish *******" or whatever, jesus what a bunch of absolute bellends. The players can hear you :rolleyes: This ***** happens in the east every single game around where I stand. You call this support?

Blah, half-hearted rant over.

Incidentally I can't remember the last time I did boo the team, not that I really think about these things.

iwasthere1972
31-12-2011, 03:51 PM

You go first. :aok: