PDA

View Full Version : Steven Fletcher for Team GB?

SteveHFC
31-12-2011, 12:37 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4030278/Fletch-Ill-play-for-Team-GB.html

Carheenlea
31-12-2011, 01:35 AM
Would need to run the dates by him first to see if they suit him.

cabbageandribs1875
31-12-2011, 02:17 AM
will fletcher send pearce an acceptance text :eyes:

H18sry
31-12-2011, 07:07 AM
I hope not, but if he feels unwanted by Scotland what do we expect

Beefster
31-12-2011, 07:13 AM
I do hope Fletcher gets the same amount of vitriol directed at him as Naismith, Forrest and co. We don't want to appear hypocritical.

Broken Gnome
31-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Seems an obvious one...

Golden Bear
31-12-2011, 08:11 AM
I'm quite certain that Rod will have ensured that an appropriate clause was inserted in the transfer documentation whereby Hibs would receive a cool million if and when Fletch was selected for the GB Olympic team.

He knows you know.

:wink:

Future17
31-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Good on him and good luck to him! :aok:

.Sean.
31-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Why not, he is British isn't he?

Hibby cal
31-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Good luck to fletch
May as well play for someone who wants him
May also get himself a bigger move

Aldo
31-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Good luck to fletch
May as well play for someone who wants him
May also get himself a bigger move

Liverpool and Spurs looking at him. IIRC is Liverpool not his boyhood heroes??

scoopyboy
31-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Liverpool and Spurs looking at him. IIRC is Liverpool not his boyhood heroes??

Yep. His late father's team.

IIRC Fletch lost his dad when he was 14, Liverpool would have a tremendous emotional appeal for him.

Aldo
31-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Yep. His late father's team.

IIRC Fletch lost his dad when he was 14, Liverpool would have a tremendous emotional appeal for him.

Scoops.. The boy is quality. Just think of the goals he would get in a better team providing him with more chances. The positions he has taken up this season have been excellent. Think he has the most headed goals in EPL this season.

For his hard work etc he does deserve it.

BroxburnHibee
31-12-2011, 09:17 AM
I'll be amazed if he doesn't get a move to a bigger club at the end of the season.

Makes his non-involvement in the national team look even more ridiculous.

To all the experts who sat near me in the FF lower when he first broke into the team and constantly slagged him off - :top marks

Eyrie
31-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Good luck to him. He'd be an ideal choice for Pearce, since he'd be a Scot selected on merit.

It would also be yet another pathetic excuse for Levein to ignore him for Scotland.

Scouse Hibee
31-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Another one, superb addition to team GB.

Mikeystewart
31-12-2011, 11:10 AM
When Fletcher requested not to be selected was he referring to one particular friendly or to all games in general? Or does pulling out of one one friendly mean you do not get to play for your country full stop?

Billy Whizz
31-12-2011, 11:16 AM
He was the favourite Hibs player of the late Eddie Turnbull from the golden generation

heretoday
31-12-2011, 11:26 AM
He might make a big name for himself in the Olympics, assuming enough people take the football seriously.

Lot of ifs and maybes there.

Malthibby
31-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Don't want any Scot playing for the olympic team, they will
be putting the Scottish team at risk. Utterly selfish.

Hibercelona
31-12-2011, 12:08 PM

I'll tell you whats selfish. A manager who won't pick good players for the national side because he just doesn't like them or the teams they play/used to play for.

What is the Scottish National side at risk of exactly? We've won the sqaure root of f'all through out our entire history.

Scottish National side = 10 OF players + the odd Englishman who can't get a game for England.

Hibs Class
31-12-2011, 12:08 PM

Rubbish. And right now I would rather watch a British team with Fletcher in it than any of the garbage put out by Levein.

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2011, 01:21 PM

fletcher will be ok then. :wink:

Pretty Boy
31-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Good luck to him if selected, once in a lifetime opportunity he should grab with both hands.

Jonnyboy
31-12-2011, 08:14 PM

I don't buy that old excuse as trotted out by the SFA. They've been offered guarantees they'll retain their individual status but argue that FIFA/UEFA might break that promise. Bollox, if FIFA/UEFA want a GB team they'll go ahead and do it anyway

SFA so parochial it's farcical

BTW Malt, not aimed at you but the point you raised :aok:

greenlex
31-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Good luck to him if selected, once in a lifetime opportunity he should grab with both hands.
:agree:
Just as an aside. I saw the team GB strip in Greaves Sports today. It very HUN like.

Future17
31-12-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't buy that old excuse as trotted out by the SFA. They've been offered guarantees they'll retain their individual status but argue that FIFA/UEFA might break that promise. Bollox, if FIFA/UEFA want a GB team they'll go ahead and do it anyway

SFA so parochial it's farcical

BTW Malt, not aimed at you but the point you raised :aok:

Just as an aside. I saw the team GB strip in Greaves Sports today. It very HUN like.

The GB strip isn't hun-like - they are just both Union Flag like. :greengrin

H18sry
31-12-2011, 09:30 PM
I'll tell you whats selfish. A manager who won't pick good players for the national side because he just doesn't like them or the teams they play/used to play for.

What is the Scottish National side at risk of exactly? We've won the sqaure root of f'all through out our entire history.

Scottish National side = 10 OF players + the odd Englishman who can't get a game for England.

Can you please tell me what the last Scotland team was that contained 10 old firm players, I bet you struggle :na na:

lyonhibs
01-01-2012, 11:01 AM

The above is one of the biggest crock o'***** scare stories doing the rounds at the moment.

Fair play to him if he gets selected.

essexhibee
01-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Proud to be able to say fletch was a Hibee the guy is class. :aok:

franck sauzee
01-01-2012, 11:57 AM
I'll be amazed if he doesn't get a move to a bigger club at the end of the season.

To all the experts who sat near me in the FF lower when he first broke into the team and constantly slagged him off - :top marks

Can remember some erseholes who used to rip into him just after he had dropped deep into midfield to get the ball, then beat 5 players and put his shot just wide. Would love to have 11 players as ***** as that!

Lago
01-01-2012, 01:11 PM

I certainly wasn't one of them. From the begining I knew he was going on to great things. The way he moved & ran was effortless.