PDA

View Full Version : Is this the same guy who sold the jerseys against Morton?

H18sry
30-12-2011, 09:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHtym07kB_M&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1 :wink:

Looking a lot better than when we let him go :agree:

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2011, 09:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHtym07kB_M&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1 :wink:

Looking a lot better than when we let him go :agree:

You can make any keeper look good with a compilation of saves he's made, saw something similar for Maka.

Jamesie
30-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Got bored and skipped through it, but it still seems to me that about the only thing he's good at holding is a pint tumbler :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2011, 11:09 PM
For preening, posturing and playing up to the wee lassies in the East, he is definitely up there wirh Tam McManus.

StevieC
31-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Watched the clip, can he not catch a ball?
Seems to spend all his time punching it, saving with his feet or palming it into onrushing players.
No great loss.

Thecat23
31-12-2011, 12:31 AM
Seems to spend all his time punching it, saving with his feet or palming it into onrushing players.
No great loss.

Have to agree with this.. As a keeper myself just about all those saves i'd expect most if not all keepers to make. Maybe one or two were good reaction saves but he also needs to try catching it instead of going for the camera save.

cad
31-12-2011, 08:07 AM
No great loss.

I think your right catching the ball would improve his game no end
The ones he pushed out I wonder how many ended up behind him when he could have caught it in the first place .

R'Albin
31-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Some of the ones in the first minute of the video should have been routine catches, instead he flies and tips them away. As others have said no great loss...

Mark79
31-12-2011, 08:35 AM
Is that him playing for Celtic?

Stantons Angel
31-12-2011, 09:17 AM
What is it with posters on this forum? do you have to turn everything into a negative situation?

Cant you give credit when it is due? David has always been a good goalkeeper it was his lifestyle and misjudgement of people hanging around him that got him bumped!

He is a young man with ambition and sometimes let his dreams get ahead of him. You only mention the Morton game where he did in fact make a mistake, yet this was only when we were already beaten. You never mentioned the Barcelona game at Murrayfield though. He came on when we were well and truly beaten and did NOT concede any further goals, now did we?

David left here under a cloud and has steadily rebuilt his life with stints at Notts County and Walsall.

Yes you can make any goalie look good with clips of saves, even our own Stark! You are all quick to suggest improvements to his game, yet just recently he was voted the best goalkeeper in the FA Cup team of the round. This was voted for by supporters of all the teams in that round of the cup.

His manager has recently gone on record to give him great reviews and the club's veteran goalkeeper has applauded his ability.

Why cant you leave him alone and get on with supporting your team, yes the one you all boo off the park each week and come on here to blast after every game.

This is a young lad trying to do his best and surely we as Hibs' supporters should be glad he is doing well.

There must be nothing else happening in the world of Hibernian that you have to continually shoot this lad down when all he wants to do is play his football!!!

hibee81
31-12-2011, 09:38 AM
[QUOTE=Stantons Angel;3056957]What is it with posters on this forum? do you have to turn everything into a negative situation?

Cant you give credit when it is due? David has always been a good goalkeeper it was his lifestyle and misjudgement of people hanging around him that got him bumped!

He is a young man with ambition and sometimes let his dreams get ahead of him. You only mention the Morton game where he did in fact make a mistake, yet this was only when we were already beaten. You never mentioned the Barcelona game at Murrayfield though. He came on when we were well and truly beaten and did NOT concede any further goals, now did we?

David left here under a cloud and has steadily rebuilt his life with stints at Notts County and Walsall.

Yes you can make any goalie look good with clips of saves, even our own Stark! You are all quick to suggest improvements to his game, yet just recently he was voted the best goalkeeper in the FA Cup team of the round. This was voted for by supporters of all the teams in that round of the cup.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Cropley10
31-12-2011, 09:52 AM
What is it with posters on this forum? do you have to turn everything into a negative situation?

His manager has recently gone on record to give him great reviews and the club's veteran goalkeeper has applauded his ability.

Why cant you leave him alone and get on with supporting your team, yes the one you all boo off the park each week and come on here to blast after every game.

This is a young lad trying to do his best and surely we as Hibs' supporters should be glad he is doing well.

There must be nothing else happening in the world of Hibernian that you have to continually shoot this lad down when all he wants to do is play his football!!!

But he sold the jerseys against Morton!!! There will never be any forgiveness, not until he's been forced out the game....

Frazerbob
31-12-2011, 05:59 PM
If anyone sold the jerseys that day it was Antione-Courier who missed the biggest sitter of all time.

scoopyboy
31-12-2011, 06:37 PM
If anyone sold the jerseys that day it was Antione-Courier who missed the biggest sitter of all time.

Bit harsh mate, he wisnae even playing.

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2011, 07:30 PM

:faf::faf:

Jonnyboy
31-12-2011, 07:53 PM
The few times I watched Grof I thought he was a decent keeper (Morton game excepting).

I recall one EOS Shield game against Hearts at Tynie and we won 1-0 but only because Grof pulled off save after save.

Good luck to the laddie I say :agree:

H18sry
31-12-2011, 09:26 PM

That's why I posted this I think he will turn out a good keeper, hence my comment on the opening post :rolleyes:

Frazerbob
31-12-2011, 10:19 PM

Haha, it was Pinau I was thinking off. Sorry MAC!!!

huggie1875
31-12-2011, 10:32 PM
aye this is hatred we should be focusing on Kevin Thompson :aok:

lyonhibs
01-01-2012, 08:22 AM
aye this is hatred we should be focusing on Kevin Thompson :aok:

or Kevin Thomson..................

On the Youtube clip that hoodwinked Mixu, we had Zarabi seeming to skin Roberto Carlos for pace. The Zarabi we got couldn't have skinned a bloody rice pudding for pace!!

Good luck to Grof down south though :agree::agree:

Andy74
01-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Haha, it was Pinau I was thinking off. Sorry MAC!!!

Pinau had a good game that night. Didn't he score a cracker too?